Speaker 1: Oh my god, is that Nico Blake.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, you leave it ten chosen when we're standing there on being this.
Speaker 1: And fixed far the problem the gods that not get the most.
Speaker 3: Tell me serious another.
Speaker 2: That deep into that, like just do your chest because home is with the heart is cardiac arrest, then matching our apartment, grape it through the night, savage on the heart, gonna do the fights the other first punch, try of being stepped down like a fucking door man can ignore that force your feeling, Yeah, nobody.
Speaker 3: Fucking with the man can no more. For when I get up on my mind, I can put the red.
Speaker 2: But about to go up one the make the moves in.
Speaker 1: The game, trying to make opting my heart to do to the day the move.
Speaker 3: Get damn this new for running down this and is app so win it down.
Speaker 1: Get your money up?
Speaker 3: How do my kind is back on the cruise.
Speaker 1: Just go to your money up.
Speaker 3: Let's go the intro by Nico Blitz right there.
Speaker 1: Amazing, But you never failed to impress this was fire anything. Catch you off guarden there, ship man, I mean there was some here and there that I didn't think that you pull up, which is cool man, Yeah, like Southside was nice. Yeah, we have to thank I appreciate that. Man, it's cool, and it was you know, it was it was nice, Like I was in India for a second.
Speaker 3: In India, can you move solo? There's no way.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's better than it was before, for sure. But yeah, I mean, but it also had it's yeah.
Speaker 4: No, there's no way people going crazy, right, there's no way you can step outside and just go to the corner store.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm also I'm also realizing I think it's because I'm someone that doesn't really like to be like, hey, I'm out here or let people see that I'm out and about. So maybe it could be in my head I might just be like like they're they're they're watching there to get me. But really I'm just like, I just I just want to do my normal things, low key, live my life the right way, a little semblance of balance amongst all this constant chaos. Yeah. So I'm I mean, it's it's cool. I'm I'm I'm figuring it out for.
Speaker 4: Sure, figuring it out. How is it like upping your security?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Yes, you got to do that right, security.
Speaker 3: Even amongst your own people. Because it's not. It's not. I don't think it's fear. I just think it's quality of life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just talking about this and the last with Big Boy. Actually it was like the the not everyone has good intentions, right, Not everyone is your well wisher, and that's okay. If you do anything that receives love, it will naturally also have the opposite side of it, right, there's going to be hate, and because I think that genuinely comes from the place of like the same thing that brought out love is hate, and that's the freedom to choose, Like you can choose to love, right, or you're gonna hate on people's freedom of choice, right, and being like yo, okay, like you must understand that it comes with the terms of the space. So you know, we just got to be ready for it. And I run with some rowdy boys, so that's something that you feel like you were prepared for with all this. Absolutely not for this kind of shit right now. No, it's okay. I'm just like, like I said, this is like music was just something that I did to ensure that I had uh you know, I was I felt like I was doing something in my life and something meaningful because you can always you always doing something? Every day is you doing something? But like this brought meaning to me, so that was it, and all of a sudden it has meaning, different sorts of meanings from all sorts of different people. You know, Like you just have to maintain the integrity of your meaning for sure.
Speaker 4: You know what I really dig about what you're doing too, man, is you don't miss an opportunity to highlight your people and your family and where you come from and your culture too, right, because it's easy, Like all right, yo, Like I have to blend in here. Let me go to the word us culture, shoot a video, Let me go to New York and shoot a video, and let me show everyone that I could run with everyone that's out right now, Nah, that's it's complete opposite with you. It's like, Yo, I'm gonna showcase the people that look like me, the people that raised me, the people I live around, the people that breathe.
Speaker 3: The same air as me.
Speaker 4: You got the stray dogs running around, right, I love that, bro. And then your culture is so highlighted and your like can run it up. That culture is very evident, man, I know it's got to be extremely important to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, so it's not like a shooting in New York or La or Mexico or anything won't happen because we love all these spaces. It's incredible. But I think we'll damn yeah, we'll get there. There's no rush, there's no forced reason for that. Like, if it happens, it happens, right, But what comes naturally to us and where I am in my life and where we are as you know, the people around me too, we just felt like it's necessary.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong, I could be right, but this is just who we are and we're we are, and I think it's very important because a lot of who I became and what shaped me over time is you know, from there. So it's just naturally gonna happen. This is just how I want to do it, you know, for better or for worse. You know, we go back to the home, whether blessing her curse.
Speaker 3: And I know Houston is a very special place.
Speaker 1: It is it is. Yeah, we talked about this last time. Yeah, absolutely, hold it down.
Speaker 4: It's down with the horns, right, Rockets finally got in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Man, they are balling out this season, which is wild. Yeah, Golden states My team falls men. B Yeah, I mean Golden State. But I'm just saying it's like bro, absolutely Bro. I mean it's just historically, fucking Steph Curry has just destroyed all of our hopes and dreams, right, I mean I love him for just being just being an absolute baller unit. But so it's like, could you.
Speaker 3: Take a picture with Steph Curry?
Speaker 1: Don't ask me these questions.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I can take a picture with Larry Bird? You feel me on Lakers fan Dog, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I feel like only after I take a picture where like Tracy mcgrady's that's my favorite player of all time for sure.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, I was thinking about weddings, right, Indian weddings are just a newvent, right, shout out to Jackie and Nico.
Speaker 3: They're engaged, you know, they had a wedding coming up.
Speaker 4: But Indian weddings don't end, Dog, They're like Mexican parties, would they?
Speaker 3: Well, they're months long, right.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. That's a lot. So it's like, I mean, if you're talking about after the engagement and then, but I think that's the same with everywhere, right, Like you get engaged first, and when you'll have to. I think it's like it can go up to a week or two, right, because there's like there's multiple processions that happen with it, Like you know, they'll have like the men d and then they have the wedding, and then they have the reception, which I think is the main three things. Right, boys, I'm missing I'm not married, so you take my time is all good. But yeah, feeling performed at a wedding Hell no, No, that is a very different energy. You got to understand, this is not a regular wedding. This is an Indian wedding.
Speaker 3: What's that energy?
Speaker 1: Like, it's beautiful, it's celebratory, but it's also like not what I genuinely like, I'm out here being like, you.
Speaker 3: Know, can you curse at an Indian?
Speaker 1: We can do whatever you want. It's not but you know, it's just it's just different.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I guess I haven't had the time. You know. It's not something' Is.
Speaker 3: It more like family friendly fun? No?
Speaker 1: I mean it depends on the family that you're getting friendly with. Yeah, so like I know a lot of them that get up to absolute ratchet activity, right, So yes, it's just like I said, it just depends right, But again, It's just you know, I feel like if one of my close friends, if anything ever happens, you know, if they ever get married, you know, like bro, yeah we are here. If anything on them to get married, then I'll just be like, yo, man, all right, I might come say a couple of words.
Speaker 3: And there you go and enjoy yourself. Now what Yo?
Speaker 4: So what was the process like with choosing Running Up as the next single?
Speaker 1: It was just you know, just like with the previous song, this one we had done and you know it was kind of ready for a while, so we just yeah, a long term before that. Absolutely, Yeah, this is a couple of years before we actually did it, So song was ready. I had written most of it. I was just like, uh, with everything that we had, this just felt like the right thing to do, you know it it touched on certain things that I wanted to and that's it. And like I said, like the energy just kind of was there for us. So and this is the most we've ever like leaned into culture or the that side, right, Like I mean Big Dogs was cool, but that's not like it's not really like a cultural thing. It's just a it's a carnival thing, right. This was way more culture and you know, perspective of more of what the land is like, right, and my view of it. I was gonna ask, do you read the comments like of the Running Up music video, because that's what like a lot of people are saying, like, yo, I had no idea that this was.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's a lot of that's a lot of praise. But I mean, I honestly like this one thing is this, right. I think we mentioned this last time on the when we were the YouTube comments section is always just like very heartwarming, and you know, everybody's coming together and it's like, you know, people making friends in the comments and ship and it's like, wow, it's tight man, you know, like and they're from all over the world, so you know, I think that's cool. But yeah, man, like you can just see that people are being showcased or seeing something that they wouldn't have been able to see otherwise. You know. I mean maybe eventually over time, like I just happened to do it right now, you know. But and you know, I've mentioned this just a little while back. This is my perspective, and there is a lot more to it. There's a lot more folks and you know, there could be someone from the north, or from the west or from the east of India who will showcase and show you what they see and of course what life has molded out of them, they'll bring it out, right. So I do want people to know that when yeah, don't get don't get fixated on this is India. Like it's not. It's just it's like my version of it. And it also has its weird fucking you know, it's like warped according to me, right, Like that's it. Man.
Speaker 3: You believe you're just like a blip in what's being shown.
Speaker 1: And it's a lot to be like, yo, this is this is you know, the whole country. It is not, bro, I don't have I don't have Like I'm not I'm not that capable yet. You know, takes time to be able to do these kind of things, right, So I'm just showing it from my side. Man, it's and you know now you doing it though. Dogs guy in the beginning of the music video means to fall hell that guy he ate when I watched Oh fuck nah it was it was honestly it was. That was the first run. So there was like I feel like there might have been better runs that we had caught, right, but that was the first one, and we told them the ground super uneven, be careful, but you gotta run like you got to sell the run, right, And there's like there's like he sold it. Four hundred five hundred people that are there.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of people who's reaching for you as well. Like, yo, he's about to get slack everybody.
Speaker 1: But again he's closer to me and like I'm like, it's it's again. We're we're able to figure it out. This is the first run again. So I had done a couple of test runs before and I was like, Yo, this ground fucking sucks. It's terrible, right, this is so uneven. This is like an injury waiting to happen somebody. And I feel it like I've been working on my flexibility a little bit. But it's like it's not. It's not like you can't you can't prepare for just how it's a quarry and quarry is like there. I think they mind granite out of there so or whatever rocks that they have, and so there's just the ground is the way it is because of explosions. It's not like they went and built this yeah, so it's like, you know, so it's super uneasy. Like the boys came the day before. There was grass on there before, so they came and burnt it. So it's like it was there like we did our part and I was like, you moved there grass out the way kidding me, this is nothing, right, it was just it was just actually dust the whole time when we were doing it too, man, So I was just it was all over it. It was hectic, but so I was able to prep a little bit when I did the you know, the first few runs. But the first run we did, the guy fell and he felt hard too, so he wasn't because he's not there in any other shot of.
Speaker 3: The video him God bless.
Speaker 1: I remember, man, the director was like he ran into the crowd before the shot was finished. He was like and he's like against them, like he's going against the just the flow of people, and he's like someone bell, someone bell, And we just came and picked him up and we're like, you're good, and he was just holding his wrist and shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The other part where you're in the middle and they all rushed to you as well, right, I'm sure that was like fast forward, but still all that. It wasn't all those bodies coming at you at once. It's like, yo, like that's something.
Speaker 1: There's just thrown bows, man. Yeah, used to throwing bows and like, you know, I'm built for it, you know, like I'm telling you, like because those people they came the running is the first time, right, But like for me, it's like I was like I was prepping myself and getting ready for it. Plus there was like a couple of people that we told like in case it gets a little too hectic, like just like put your arms out man, like. So they did it though, I got good folks.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm like, yo's somebody after that video, Bro, you're going too hard?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean it was. It was cool, man, it was. It was definitely an intense experience.
Speaker 3: Nah man.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean I think it just displays energy, right, That's it said, energy, And I think it served the song very well.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, my brother.
Speaker 3: I appreciate one hundred percent. Man, Yo.
Speaker 4: Congratulations on Rifle Club as well. That fl yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah bro, yeah we brought it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I know. Okay that was crazy, bro, your first like acting debut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was the first time it was. It was mm hmm. It was intense. It was fun though. I really enjoyed it because it's the first time that I'm doing something that we didn't plan out and we didn't like sit there and curate, right, did someone else's baby? So I was just like, all right, cool, let me just try this out. And like, you know, I'm also like super competitive generally, so when I when I did this, I was just like, man, that can be so much better. There's so much I could do. But it was just a very eye opening experience when I was doing it, because you know, this is what it means to like act man, you know, like and whatever small semblance of that was like I had been as bigger than my role, right yeah, yeah, and like you know you got to that's why these guys are paid what they're paid, you know what I mean to like really sell it and really become a character. And I was like, why am I not becoming character? Because I had like a day and I didn't know this is the first time. But yeah, it was still cool.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It's something that I you know, I hope to follow up on one day.
Speaker 4: Where did you draw inspiration for that? That walk up where you're walking up looking for the man.
Speaker 1: Well that was just like a regular Friday, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: This walk up though, like like you were strapped and you.
Speaker 1: Were yeah yeah yeah. Now it's just like, you know, just heat of the moment. I did it the same way that I usually do shows and ship, which was like you know, I was just like doing push ups and and just like hyping myself and then I just I just went and did it. It was just it was fun. We got it in the first few takes. And again it also it also it's important to know, like you know, I should get to know the director. The whole environment also was just like very warm and receptive and ready to be like yo, just do your thing, bro, And I did it, and I'm grateful for it. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you also spoke English in it, right?
Speaker 1: Did I did? Because I mean, I'm good with my element. But it's also like I think they didn't know I could speak it before, right, because they only hear my music and everything, and they're like, oh, this guy is so he's just American. He's full Yankee doodle, right, And I'm like okay, and then yeah, and then all of a sudden, I come and I'm like, I can speak money. Element's fine. So but they had already planned the script, so I you know, I did my thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I like the way. You know, it's like Spanglish, you know, it's like for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it was, it was, it's it's it's it's cool.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed the process.
Speaker 3: Noah, for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Rifle Club it's on Netflix. You guys got to see it. Yeah, some gangs of shit.
Speaker 3: Going on in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah I have. I played my part.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah you did for sure. Run it up.
Speaker 4: The video is crazy all streaming platforms. Also, we got to congratulate you and thank you for being our most viewed interview for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah that's amazing man, Bro, thank you.
Speaker 3: You appreciate that. I said, Yo, his people show the fuck.
Speaker 1: Up they do. They do for better or for worse. Yeah, it comes with it, man, you know, like, yeah, this is the price we pay, you know. But I appreciate that, And thanks for having me wet to ask you good questions. It was fun man, for sure. What's up? Jack?
Speaker 3: No, I just want to congratulate you on everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, dude, you've been fucking killing it, and you're going to continue to kill it.
Speaker 3: And I can't wait to see what thank you you have next.
Speaker 1: To fingers crossed Man, Like you know, you never know what can happen, you know, but I'm just here to dry things out.
Speaker 3: No, you got to remix in mind for running up.
Speaker 1: No, actually no, I even with the previous one, it was just there's there's no there's you don't go into it with that space. If it happens, if someone's down for it. That's an incredibly cultural beat, you know. It's yeah, the beat is not just like.
Speaker 4: But Indian music is so sampled that yo, it's almost familiar.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah, I mean see, but I feel like the samples that have historically been showed over time and this like it's it's you know, we did it the other way around basically, right, because people from here when you take the samples versus us being like from here where we usually like my musical inspiration is from the Western world, right, and like I'm doing like the other side where I'm like, I usually make music like this, and then I just took what was around me, and that's which is like these South Indian drums right the Parai and genders, parade drums and agendas and then we just kind of made that. And I think Indian music in general has like has like more of a percussive element to it, right, Yeah, Like we thrive on the percussiveness of music, So I just a lot.
Speaker 3: Of debased drum, yeah, which is why.
Speaker 1: It's so easy to sample too. Like generally when you pick it up, everything is on that percussive state of mind when it's made. So people, you know, whether it's a Timblin or whoever goes and produces with these Indian samples comes out.
Speaker 4: Y'all version of boombap Yeah yeah, baby yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, because it's like Indian music is so diverse, man, it's like so stretched out, so you know, and hip hop is it you know, it's it has it's like that's its own genre and niche. While Indian music is like it's just within it. There's so many genres, right, there's so many different ways. So it's like just like any other country or language man, like you or I mean, Land is like there's the stuff that is popular that isn't that that's indie that isn't you know, like people experimental everything, so It's like it depends on what you pick out of.
Speaker 3: You got an album ready to go.
Speaker 1: I got a project of sorts, yeah, working on it. Man. You know, you know when you're when you're not doing music. I saw that you actually watch Attack on Titan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what would you say, like your top three animes of all time?
Speaker 1: Shit? I mean I love Attack on Titan. But if I was going to say the top three Hunter Hunter ex Hunter, that's definitely there if I had mm hmm. That's a good question though, I would say that naturally, just because it was a foundation of anime for me and a lot of other people. Dragon ball z. Oh yeah right, it's just it kind of just it's what welcomed us into this world. And if I had to say one more, I don't want to say jiu jitsu guys in, because that's just everyone's everyone's top I don't know, man, last one I not Attack on Titan either. There has to be one more because there's just so many that are running, not one piece either. These are all justly Yeah, what is it? What is it that you can appreciate? Yeah? Absolutely, very animal ask yeah, but yeah, but again, like it's definitely it's just it's good, but it's I don't know, it's its own kind of energy. Right, I'll come back to the.
Speaker 3: Worst interview I'm yelling on. That'll be the first question for interview three.
Speaker 1: Mexico is incredible, man, Like my heart is in Mexico. It's beautiful a little bit of me. It was amazing, beautiful people, beautiful women, good food, all that everything and more. And yeah, absolutely, And I think that the festival that we performed into was just a very very well done, uh you know event, and the people that were there were also so ready and so they were just the energy was perfect. So it was great. Man. I really enjoyed it. Sir.
Speaker 3: We appreciate that. Are you ready for Coachella?
Speaker 1: I am, I mean as ready as I can I.
Speaker 3: Do.
Speaker 1: This is the first show in America. We're just talking about this, so you know, we're gonna go do coach Hell and see how it goes.
Speaker 3: Wow to legendary Steak.
Speaker 1: It is with some legendary people. I just hope that I can go do what I'm supposed to do. Hey, check your rich for the Cruise Show. Thanks for listening to the Cruise Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Make sure to subscribe, and hey Auto download so you don't miss
Speaker 1: An episode, so