Speaker 1: Phoning in. We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: Peace Peace, Clippers talk on Aaron on demand, the Clippers show up, record your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 1: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 3: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 1: Here we are and now here.
Speaker 2: He is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 1: At follow Adam a Adam Osley. Clippers lose badly after winning nine straight here and into its home. They fall one o eight to eighty to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Welcome in. I'm Adam Oslin. This is Clipper Shop on an five to seventy LA Sports. Clipper dropped to fourteen and ten. Minnesota improves to eleven and ten. If you'd like to get on tonight, eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number. Can't imagine we're gonna have a ton of calls after this one. I don't want to say it's meaningless it's one of eighty two, but I will say this, it's not representative of who this Clippers team have been over the last two and a half weeks. They won eight of ten heading into this game, and maybe it was a little bit deflating after what happened last night. Terrence Man fractured his left middle finger. He'll be reevaluated in three weeks, and then you'll find out Norman pal is gonna be out managing that left hamstring injury. He's only played two games since he came back, and this is the second night of a back to back. KPJ is still out two and all this could just amount to a scheduled loss. Was it a very bad scheduled loss? Yes, could have been worse. They could have lost by forty one, but that's near here nor there. This is deflating to some, discouraging to some. Some are gonna say it's frustrating they didn't show up. I just think they ran into the wrong team at the wrong time, as Minnesota's playing great basketball and the Clippers didn't have enough firepower with them. And yeah, they came out flat. I didn't like the spirit or the energy they were playing with, but some of it was Give credit to the Minnesota timber Wolves. They were completely locked in antithesis of the Clippers, and their defense looks to be back. I told you. Before the season, I thought they'd still be a top five defensive team. Even if they're not the best defensive team like they were last season. They still have all the talent to be a top five defensive team. But they were seventh heading into this one, and after the Clippers were held to eighty points, just like they held the Lakers too in their last win on Monday, Minnesota might be back in the top five when it comes to defensive rating. So Clipper Nation rinse this one. Flush it, burn the tape, kill it with fire. Except for what we saw and what we saw from trent and Flat and Cam Christie, two young guys getting called up from the G League out of necessity because the Clippers just didn't have enough bodies and they got run. Cam Christy got run in the first half and he ended up getting a steal in a dunk for his first points as an NBA player. Trenton Flowers cotton alley oop in the fourth quarter, I believe from Bownes Highland for his first points as an NBA player. Congratulations for those two young guys. Much more to come that Trenton Flowers played pretty well. The guy was just an attack mode over and over again. Look at the yam and dunk on guys. You could see the spry, live body. The athleticism was on display. Went four of nine, nine points just attacking the rim, missed a couple of three pointers. He's been shooting well in the G League, but this was one of those nights where the Clippers just have to regroup and they have three days off to do so, get rejuvenate. You got the Houston Rockets Sunday night right back here at into a Dome, a team that beats you twice in Houston. Don't let this one linger. Don't dwell on this loss. This was someone expected from some considering how shorthanded the Clippers were to this degree. No, I didn't expect this. I thought they'd compete. I thought they'd played better. I thought they'd be able to get the ball to it beats the Zoobots more. They couldn't.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Carlo brought it up. Minnesota did a good job fronting him, and also the entry passes were pretty poor. I thought it beats the Zoobots in the first half, just got up three shots, was two of three. James Harden started zero of seven. Uh, why didn't you end up finishing it one for ten and one of six from three. You read that stat line where he also has more turnovers than assists four to three, and you can understand how this one got way out of hand, where at one point I was afraid the Clippers we're gonna set the franchise record for the worst loss. I was at that game they lost by fifty one back in twenty twenty during the twenty twenty one season, to the Dallas Mavericks at home. Did it amount to anything? Not really. They ended up beating Dallas in the first round and they went to the Western Conference Finals. It was one of a two nobody remembered that. I'm hoping we're not gonna remember this one as some game that has the Clippers spiraling out of control and heading towards a losing streak because of it. I don't think that's going to be the case. I expect them to play much better against the Houston Rockets on Sunday. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. Clippers fall by twenty eight hearing into it Dome, but the final score of one eight to eighty in favor of the Minnesota Timberwolves. I'm out of Mazas and you're listening to a five seven the LA Sports.
Speaker 2: It throws it up the window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers.
Speaker 1: LA Clippers.
Speaker 2: Take us with you on the Ihearts Radio WIP.
Speaker 1: This is a good quote post game after the Clippers lose by twenty eight to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Here and into it home, Tylu quote. Unlike Mike Malone, I'm flushing it. Mike Malone recently didn't want to flush a game after they got wiped out. I think by the New York Knicks the Denver Nuggets. Coach Lou is just burning the tape with this one, guys and moving on as I think the Clippers should, because I don't think there's a lot to learn from this one outside of they got some young talent in Trenton Flowers in cam Christy and this is interesting toront Lou had an interesting comparison and a comp for Trenton Flowers. He said, Sean Marian that's his ceiling of who he could be. I like hearing that. We'll take that chat. Welcome back in. This is Clippers stock. I'm out of Moslin. Appreciate you guys hanging with me on a night like this where the Clippers winning streak here and into a Dome nine straight comes to an end. They couldn't get to double digits, but still appreciate Clipper Nation in the house. The Clippers faithful, the wall, making noise late getting the Chick fil A. They got seven straight misses at one point in the fourth quarter by the Minnesota Timberwolves of the free throw line. That is impressive. Hey, Clippers may lost, the Wall remains undefeated. Daniel says, who hasn't looked good out there now for three straight games. Clip's gonna need him against the Rockets. I agree with this, whether it's Big Zoo not demanding the basketball enough, them not getting him involved enough, but I'm gonna say this, I think a lot of it is just his touch around the basket hasn't been as sharp the last three games, first against Jokic, who's normally very good against, then last night against Ayton, who has been eating off the plate of a Viza Zubas for a little bit now, and then tonight the Clippers got blissed and ambushed early on and where it's such such a disadvantage. It kind of got them out of their offense. And I thought they did a good job Minnesota of just defending the Clippers option, and we thought they would go to a Viza Zoo bats early. But those post entry passes, when Zoo's being doubled in fronted, it's tough to make them. I think the Clippers could have been better in that area, and they had some really nasty turnovers, but it beats the zoobots. It's just a two pronged thing going on. They got to be better featuring him. He's got to be better making his shots. So it's never one thing, guys. David Holmes said, if we can rest and get a practice in to prep for Houston, that would be a real barometer. Let's go to Jane from North Carolina. Jean, you're on Clipper stock without a Maslin after they lose badly here at into a dome to the Minnesota timber Wolves.
Speaker 3: Higeney, what's going on? What up? Gene?
Speaker 1: What do you want to say?
Speaker 3: First of all, I want to tell you that I think you really should have kept your the intro that you had originally. I really like it seemed like it hit a little bit harder that at them all. You know, that's just my opinions, but I just wanted to say that.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to our promotions guy. We'll see if we can do right wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just saying this is my opinion, but I did want to say like a couple of things as far as like what was going on with the team. I do know a lot of people don't like a lot of things, especially Okay, so first of all, MPJ, I do like the fact that this show. I think tonight this showed that having another person who can create juice. And if you compare MPJ to what Bones did out there, like MPJ though he does excuse me, K, yeah, my bad KBJ. Yeah, he does look to find people and then usually his shot is the last, the last, you know, option, whereas Bones usually looks for his shot first and then he looks for other people. He started to change it over a little bit as the game went along tonight, but usually when he hits the floor, that's the first thing he does looked at you, and that's usually that's probably the reason why he's not hitting the floors. Like he really doesn't get it. Puts his defensive his defensive deficiencies that we know he has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that point, Gene. I think you're actually spot on. I think that's part of the problem. KPg is just a bigger body out there. He's a better athlete. He can defend, he can rebound a little bit more, and Bones does look for his shot a lot. He's hunting for an off the bounds three point shot, and I'll give him credit to a degree. He went five of ten from the outside and he ended up leading them with eighteen points. But a lot of that was during inconsequential time because by the time he came into the ballgame, the clips were down by twenty. But that's who Bones Island is. He is a score first, back up point guard, I think in this league, and I think he's a legit NBA player that could average fifteen a night off the bench in the right situation. But it's not happening right now with this Clippers team. However, they could use him moving forward. Gene, I appreciate the phone call. We'll see what develops with Bones Highland over this stretch. With Terrence Man out, We'll see how much longer KPJ is going to be out because they have looked like they obviously need another creator out there. So if KPJ is still out, we know Terrence Man is going to be reevaluated in three weeks. We got that from Law Murray earlier and he joined me on the pregame show. So they need somebody, and I hope bones Hyland can kind of shoot himself out of the slump he's been in, but also just find a rhythm out there in the flow of the offense, so he's not just shot hunting, and he's trying to get others involved because he is a good passer. There are times where this is somebody that can run the high, pick and roll. He can find his big man, he can make the game easier for others. But right now probably leaning a little too far into just looking to score out there. We'll see what happens on Sunday night. We'll take a quick quick time out here on Clippers Talk. We'll come back after the Clippers lose one o eight to eighty. Hear it into its to the Minnesota Timberwolves. I'm out of Maslind and you're listening to a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: He throws it up goin no finishes in the foul Los Angeles Slipper Nation. This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers, take us with you on the Ihearts Radio.
Speaker 1: AIP Clippers faull by twenty eight here and into it zone. The fortress was finally breached after they had one nine straight here in their new and first home. Welcome back in I'm out of maslind This is Clippers talk. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy. Really the game was over after Minnesota had a thirty five to seven run during a nine minute stretch between the first and the second quarter. Clippers couldn't get anything to go on one end, couldn't get stops on the other end. It was a hard watch. I understand it might be down this one Clipper Nation, but look a big picture. This team is fourteen and ten, with having one of the toughest schedules, with having already played guys, half of their games have been in a back to back scenario. Twelve of their twenty four games have either been a game on the front end of a back to back or the second game of a back to back. Half their games have been within the parameters of a back to back so far. Has anybody else had that in the NBA? Somehow? I doubt it. But the Clippers score season low eighty points in the game. Bones Highland did have a season high with eighteen. He was the leading score for the Clippers tonight. Julius Randall had sixteen of his twenty points in the first quarter, by the way, and was hitting everything. He hit four three pointers in the first quarter, I want to say. And the Minnesota Timberwolves came out hot, ready to go, focused, and they made it three wins in a row, and all three over teams from LA. They just held both LA teams to eighty points in back to back games. Monday against the Lakers, they held them to eighty Tonight against the Clippers in LA. They hold your Los Angeles Clippers to eighty points. But I'm just not gonna overreact to something like this. I can't. We've had too much evidence that this Clippers team, that this performance is not indicative of who they are as a squad. This is not who they are. Do they have to prove it to you again? Okay, Well, they got a big one coming up Sunday night. Against the Houston Rockets, who have gotten the best of them twice. And Houston's playing like best team of the West. They've looked that good so far this season. But right behind Oka see in the standings. They got the number two seed. They got a bunch of young athletic guys as they give the Clippers a lot of problems. They pose a lot of problems to this Clippers team. I just want to see a higher level of energy, effort and a better spear being played without there by the Clippers. That competitive integrity has to be intact, and I think it will be. Coach lu said postgame, we're flushing it. They're not gonna dwell on this. They're not gonna try to figure out what went wrong in a game like this. It's pretty understandable. It's pretty explainable. Clippers were missing three key guys. Second, I have a back to back, played twenty one games last thirty six days. The tank was empty. But they're gonna refuel over the next three days. They're gonna recharge, They're gonna regroup and be rejuvenated. I fully believe there's gonna be a great effort here against Houston on Sunday, night. I'm not overly concerned by this. It's an aberration, it's an outlier game. There's not a lot you can put into losses like this when you've seen so much to contradict how the Clippers team has played. Tonight, Daniel said, it's obvious Bones has talent, but I feel his time in LA is done. Unless Clips have continuous injuries. He's not getting run well. It turns out they do at the moment. If KPg is not back on Friday, or excuse me, on Sunday night against Houston, I expect Bones to play again at least knocked down five to three pointers. I think all of them came off the bounce. It's not easy, but coach Lou wants a playmaker and a shock creader out there because they've had some real les offensively without those guys. And maybe you are seeing a case being built for why KPJ is so important to this team right now. Without him, it's just hard for them to get into their offense to initiate stuff. And I'm hoping Bones can shake out the cobwebs a little bit tonight with this performance and just getting to play heavier minutes, and there is a better bones Highland a version of him coming on Sunday night, should he get minutes against the Houston Rockets, and one more time before we get out of here. Congrats to Cam Christy and Trenton Flowers. Welcome to the league. They both get their first points as a player in the national as players in the National Basketball Association. Clippers lose though final score one eight to eighty. Hear it into it Dome to the Minnesota Timberwolves before we get out of here. I do you want to thank the Clippers organization? Ralph Lawler, Brian Semen, No what ego? Carlohman is on the call, Our leads statistician tonight, Chris Taylor, our head engineer, big brother, Jake Warner, Dennis Degastino, we missed you and if I had a better stat tonight, we would have the Dennis Degastino stat of the night. But unfortunately there's a lot of low lights for the Slippers team. But believe me, if there's one thing we know about this squad is that they have a great ability to bounce back. Coach Lou knows how to get the men in black, neuralizer out there or whatever it is to wipe the memory. They're the mechanism. Turn the page and move forward and they'll be ready Sunday night against the Houston Rockets. A big thanks goes out to callin ye see Easy, our producer of the last couple of games. We don't deserve them, but we were happy to have him call and thank you. Until Sunday night with the Clippers tipping off against the Houston Rockets. Right back, you're into it Dome at six pm. I'm your pregame show. Starting at five, I'm at a Maazam. We will talk to you then sodas you see, then this guy will it's Fain