Speaker 1: Just at the top of the hour, check in, Oh my god, what's happening. We'll tell you everything you need to know. Fifty five KRC the Talk Station, A six and fifty five kr C the Talk Station. A very happy Wednesday to you. I like the man that's in my studio. Just got a chance to meet Brandon Nixon. My friends in the Cincinnati Greatest Cincinnati, Cincinnati area, those within the confines of the City of Cincinnati. Resident's going to be voting on a new mayor this fall. They're voting on new council members, and now they have an extra option Brandon Nixon, who's in studio, and he I think has seen the light. Brandon, it's been a pleasure talking with you off air, and it's good to have you on the show this morning. Thank you so much. Thanks for inviting me. Well, it's a pleasure, man. I understand you are currently registered as a Democrat, all right, yes, and you have plans of shifting party affiliation, yes, all right, but there's a window to do that and you're not in that window. So all right. People are going to say, well, he's a Democrat. But as I asked you off air, and I suspected. I knew the answer to the question when I asked it. You feel as though the Democrat Party left you? Yes, and what specifically? I mean, you've had conversations with Orlando Sanza, who I dearly love, and you've engage with him, and what was this sort of moment where you kind of saw the light?
Speaker 2: Number one. I think that they act like that. The Republican Party don't believe in black man. And I think that the Republican Party is not divided. The Prosian Party got different ways how they do it. And I think the Dimmer Party is brainwash. I think the Demmin Party, you got to be a yes man or they pick favoritism of the Democrat Party. If you're not in the first nine, you're not gonna get no vote. And I think that that's sad.
Speaker 1: Well, it is sad, and it's it's almost as though there's a collective brainwash. You know, people don't after the name, then they just simply will not vote for anybody. They don't look close enough at issues. Yeah, yes, if they really focused on it and said, all right, well is this issue the way this particular official is going to vote, what their platform stands for? Is it going to be beneficial to me or not? And I think Democrats love to claim that what they're trying to do for you is going to help you, when in fact it really only helps them. Yes, what part of town you live in? I live in Westwood. I understand you were not an original Cincinnati native. Oh, you made the right choice of moving here. Go ahead, let them know it's gonna have to come out at some point.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm from a town called Oliria. It's about twenty minutes from Cleveland and Go Browns. And I'm happy to be a man in sixty years. I'm happy to be here. I live about myself. Before I moved down here, I was I used to live in Kenyon Heights. I was on a Kenya hid community council for three years and campaign for campaign for a lot of people. I met a lot of people, and at that time I woke up and say, you know what, I'd like to Republican Party. You know they care about me. They this is what I got to say. You know, I'm not a yes man. They understand what I was coming from, and I'm happy I'm making that decision.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, at least in so far, as the overall platform. Republicans I think are more about safety, roads, bridges, infrastructure, and public safety. You know, if if government is going to deliver on something, let's keep that as the front burner. Stuff what I see out of this mayor maybe you can comment on it, like things like connected communities. You know, the zoning that they flat out blanketed all neighborhoods with in the City of Cincinnati without any input from the various neighborhoods or community councils. You will abide by these zoning rules and then lo and behold. You know Hyde Park, well connected developers show up to get a waiver from Connected Communities and they're given that even though the residents of Hyde Park don't want it. I mean, what, what's your take on that kind of thing going on? No one.
Speaker 2: I hate community. I hate it. It's terrible, you know. I look at them like bullies going to a neighborhood, and I work with Hyde Park two getting signatures too. I did that helped them out too, and I think they need to take a just take it away. I think that it's not right how you could just take a neighborhood from somebody like Bond Hill they did Bond Hill that they did different other neighborhoods like that. I think that they need to take away stop changing thing. If it's not broken, don't mess.
Speaker 1: With it, right or you know, if it's not broken, don't fix it, of course, but at least listen to what your constituents ask are asking for and don't do the polar opposite of it. I mean, that's a hard lesson they're learning right now. With this Hyde Park petition that's going to be on the ballot. I mean, you know, the residents I think are going to come out in large amounts in the city and vote in favor of repealing the the waiver from the council. They're angry, yes, I mean they're expecting it. Hey listen, you know there but for the grace of God, go life. They did it to the Hyde Park, they did at the Bond Hill. They pretty much did it to all of us with connected communities. I'm not gonna have any more of this. I'm saying no. No. I'm saying no too.
Speaker 2: And like I said, my platform is giving back, getting back to the community, and that's my mottol because we need to have a voice in city Hall. And they have a voice in community council and we don't have one right now because they worrying about making money, worry about having billing apartments, and that's not right. The first thing you'repped to the public safety and you're not doing that. We got potholes in here, we got crime going around and our mayor is taking pictures or worry about national stuff. We didn't hire. We didn't vote you in for national. We will vote you in for local. And that pissed me off. Yeah, I understand that. You know.
Speaker 1: It's what if Christopher Smith and former vice mayor, comes on my program every week and we do it. He does this Smith their vent revents his spleen and he is all over that because they'll vote on resolutions that involve like Israel and Palestine or something like wait a second one. It has no impact at all. And why in the hell you spind on your wheels and wasting time voting on things over which you have zero control. How about fixing Madam Road? Right? Yes? Yes?
Speaker 2: And another thing is that it's like I know one consul man talm about that community council is terrible, but no, they don't understand that. I was Community Console for three years. We do it voluntarily. We love our neighborhood. We tried doing our best to help each neighborhood. Each neighborhood is unique, unique, and it's a shame how they don't respect us.
Speaker 1: And that's a big step in the face. Well, who knows better than someone who lives in a specific neighborhood than them? I mean, your problems in your neighborhood, and maybe you can identify some problems that you feel that have not been addressed by the city but are completely different than whatever problems if they have any in Hyde Park Square. So do you feel like your community, your your local neighborhood has been overlooked, left out, or otherwise neglected by the City of Cincinnati. Yes, in what particular ways. Number One is crime, crime, crime, crime is a big thing. You got a lot of a company in that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, potholes Because I was I live off of my Tanna and mustain and the road was terrible. I had to get my car, take pictures trying to get hit, take a bit and put on Facebook and to hey, you know that we were going through Every morning I worked early in the morning, I had to dodge and I'm playing foggy, you know, and then get my tire fixed, you know. But it's ridiculous. I understand that, you know, funding everything, but just be real. Just worry about our public safety and worrying about going on, worrying about the White House.
Speaker 1: I'm with you all day long on that talk with Brandon Nixon. You can find him on Facebook. He doesn't even have a campaign web page. We'll be looking for that down the road a little bit. But if you go to Facebook elect Brandon Nixon for Cincinnai City Council, you can get some information about the man who I'm talking with in studio today. And we're going to take a pause right now, Brandon, we'll bring it back. I want to talk to you specifically about crime and some other issues going on in the city and see if you have some thoughts or ideas about what you would do to change things if you are elected to the city council. First, I want to mention my friends a chimneycare, fireplace and stove. Great folks, to call for all your chimney and fireplace related needs. Free standing stoves, self feeding, wood waste pellet stoves. Guess what they'll have a chimney stuck to them right, That chimney goes up through your roofline and that could be a problem. That's why they're offering a free exterior inspection and what the purpose of that is to make sure you aren't having any damage from water if it's not properly installed, or it's worn out over time, or flashing's falling apart, whatever the case may be, Water's going to leak in now getting your roofline, and you might have a major problem on your hand, so stop it in its tracks. They can fix whatevers they identify with all the years of experienced since nineteen eighty eight a plus with a better business bureau. If you woodburners out there, take advantage of the woodburning sweeping evaluation for only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine plus tax, they'll have a video camera inspection of your chimney. See what you kind of kreosoap built you have in there. Figure out if you've had a chimney fire that might have cracked your lining. You don't want that to happen. You can burn your house down Sti'll let that happen. Well. The summertimes here heats in full scale. It's the best time to take care of your safety, so do it now with the woodburning swep in evaluation again. One's sixty nine ninety nine for either of the fore going. You can schedule appointment online. Learn more about the company and the showroom. It's Chimneycareco dot com. Chimneycareco dot com. Tell them, Brian said him, and you call five one three, two four eight ninety six hundred. That's two four eight ninety six hundred. A series of events. The most important event make four eventful days. The president's trip to the Middle East making peace deals and trade deals. Tatari funded air Force one. It's a great gesture cutting pharmaceutical drug prices. Indeed, these eventful times more time to pass this big beautiful bill, buying time with time in any event, important event, I want plist it into events. Check in everything that's happening in real top fifty five kres the talk station. There's your channel nine first one and one forecast. We have a mostly sunny day to day, but at some point we get some clowns coming in and a chance of pop up afternoon storms. They say best champion between one in eight pm. Eight pm is when the heat advisory ends. It's going up to ninety three today, it's going to feel more like one hundred and four overnight down to seventy four. It's just a slight chance of storms tomorrow, partly cloudy again. Pop up storms are a possibility ninety two for the high down to seventy four, with muggy conditions overnight and Friday high in ninety four and again afternoon storms could happen. Operative Bord could seventy nine degrees Right now. Time for a traffic update, Chuck Ingram from the uc of Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: You see how you find comprehensive care that's so personal, make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more. You see how dot com he spend two seventy five remains blocked at Hamilton Avenue. Traffic backing up pants Cole Rain eastbound Reagan Highway taking a hit because of the closure and slowed from two seventy five to seventy five northbound seventy five. There's a wreck on bub Gaalbert and now southbound seventy five. An accident near Cincinnati Dayton Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's a twenty fifty five Yer City talk station. Enjoying my conversation with Brandon Nixon, finding my Facebook. If he elects Brandon Nixon for since a city council, he is a reform Democrat. He will become a member of the Republican Party when the window opens up. But he's already I learned over the break and props to you. You know the right people went through a whole bunch of names. You're friends with west Side Jim the kingmaker on the west Side, and you also remember the west Side Republican Party. Of course, yes, that's where you see Jim. I mentioned Pryce sl CHILEI that's how we went down that road because he mentioned my Tanna Avenue. I said, did you ever have to drive on Sunset? My listeners know, oh man, I constantly complain about that. It's like a road out a gaza or something. When are they ever going to fix that one? Money? Well, okay, moving over to crime. I thought it was an amazing revelation after the last couple of years, uh, the mayor and council and the police department telling us over and over again crime in the city is down. Oh look, I have to have pro ball police chief threat strategic and several other city leaders did acknowledge that, in fact, yes, crime is actually up, particularly over the Rhine. Boy, it's jumped up. We've got more murders now at this time than we did last year, a lot of property crimes, car thefts, it's all going on. That's a real problem problem in your neighborhood too. I guess, yes, what do you I mean? You said you had an interesting story along these lines. Let's talk about that and then we'll find out what your ideas are.
Speaker 2: The story was I wrote a paragraph about crime and to the mirror, and I have somebody call me and told me that I was a dis I was wrong for dissing the mayor out like that in public. And I was like, well, I got freedom of speech. I got the right because I paid. I'm a text player.
Speaker 1: I pay. But that person told.
Speaker 2: Me that I was wrong and I need to stop doing it. And at that time was at work, and I told him. I was like, well, you can't stop me, because that now I thought. I'm happy because now y'all seeing me, you know, I feel special now because y'all listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I'm happy about that. Well, that's actually kind of refreshing that you brought them out to challenge you. What was the subject matter? If I can ask me what were you complaining about, I would just complain about the crime period. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's sad because you see a lot of African American youth is dying.
Speaker 1: Oh it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you see a lot of elders tell me walking around they're afraid to go outside because they want they don't want to get jumped. You see, you can't go to OTR because you got a group of teenagers are going to start jumping people. Like I said, I got a seventeen year old son and I'm afraid for him to go to I'm taff because the jump there you see a gentleman that pass away.
Speaker 1: You've got murdered. I'm sorry, I got murdered in his own place.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's sad because I want that can say that the police can't be everywhere, right, But I think you stop lying to us, Stop saying that crime is down and crime is not down.
Speaker 1: Don't lie to it. Just tell the truth and to try to find something to fix it. Well, you know, one of the things I think is lacking, particularly into the Purvole administration. Okay, they'll pay lip service to the police every once in a while, but they don't seem to be actively involved in supporting them. Talking about the police as a positive thing for neighborhoods, the idea of law enforcement being there and being present, it's not a bad thing, it's a good thing. Neighborhoods. You should embrace the police. Police, embrace the neighborhoods, work cooperatively together in your neighborhood. Do you get the sense that people do not like the police, or that they think the police are outright evil force that shouldn't be around. Yes, you have that, that's the impression. Yes, Oh that's a shame.
Speaker 2: Yes, because my car got broken into at that time the Kia boys and it took the police about an hour and a half to come out.
Speaker 1: Well that's lack of police officers. Yes, I mean they're too busy going after the murderers and the gangs of roving teenagers out there. They don't have time for a property theft, right, right, But I mean, but does that can come pret And I mean if there were more police around and they showed up quicker. That will be a good thing, right, Yes, okay, kind of That's where I'm going to in terms of the attitude. Yes, people want more police presence to keep their neighborhoods safer and address the nine one one calls. Yes, right, okay, Now we got that cleared up as a little for I mean, because there's there, seemed to be, at least within the black community, this attitude that police are all racist, there's nothing but an evil force. I don't want them around, and I find that hard to believe. Police provide some measure of safety and protection for a community.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I do support in the blue too good and that's a good thing, especially particularly in these trying times.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what, Brandon, it's been great talking with you, a pleasure to introduce you to my listening audience, and I'm sure maybe you and I will have more conversations between now and the fall. I wish you the best of luck on your campaign and get out there and mix it up with folks, get them talking. Thank you. I appreciate everything you did. It's my pleasure. Folks stick around. It is Wednesday, which means Judge Annonapolatanos coming Up next defending Congress from Massy. Yes he is and that's not unexpected, but also the coming state Police judge to Polatano. Up next, fifty five KRC. Here's the