Speaker 1: Welcome to the two seventeen Recovery Broadcast.
Speaker 2: If you don't make mistakes, you won't learn.
Speaker 1: With your host Corey Winfield.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my gosh, I'm going into a place and they're going to be people like talking to malls.
Speaker 2: And there was some of that, but it was still pretty.
Speaker 1: Co host Hardy Winfield.
Speaker 4: They don't get that sincere messaging, then they're not going to have that conversation on a level where maybe you.
Speaker 2: Can get through to them.
Speaker 1: Special guest Corey Smoker.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear the hero over here, but then I know what you're skipping down the street over there doing.
Speaker 2: You know, got your abs.
Speaker 3: It is the twenty seventh of May, twenty twenty six months.
Speaker 2: Oh my name's Corey Winfield. I can't talk.
Speaker 4: I'm Corey Smoker's vehn.
Speaker 2: A minute, I guess you know.
Speaker 3: Oh, last one we did, it was I'm still forty seven years old, but it was it was like an, I think we missed April, didn't he we did? We did miss April, and it's we're barely making in May.
Speaker 4: Well. I mean we did sit down to do two different ones we did didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was about kratom too.
Speaker 3: One of them was because I kind of wanted to get into that because there's a lawmaker in Michigan that was like, hey, let's ban and criminalize it, and I don't know, it was just like, hey, hold on, let's talk about this kind of thing, Like, don't be starting to do that stuff without talking to people who know what's going on. And it's like in the Michigan Senate now, I think, but it looks like they kind of have another version of it, and I think they kind of adapted it to where it should be, so I don't really need to really do much more. So that was kind of like one of my things too, is like, well, I don't want to go out here and say all this stuff and it doesn't even matter. Yeah, you know, there's a lot of that going on right now in the world where people are posting this and posting that. And I don't know if you know this or not. I know you know this, Corey, but if someone's listening, but you don't change your community by posting things on Facebook. Now you can post like videos of you doing good shit and post it on Facebook and you can maybe change somebody. They're a Indian or maybe give them an idea to help their community or do some of their kids. You know. But like saying Trump did this or Trump sucks or whatever, it doesn't do anything, you know, it really doesn't. I am a judge of character. I like to judge people on character. I don't like Trump's character. I just don't like him as a person. Is he a good president? I don't know. I don't like to hear it. Which you turn on a TV show that you don't like. No, if you hate, what's the TV show you hate?
Speaker 1: Corey?
Speaker 4: The Office?
Speaker 2: The Office?
Speaker 3: So if The Office was playing twenty four to seven, you would avoid that room right where the TV was playing, Like, I don't want to hear it, don't want to see it. That's what Trump does to me. So I try to stay off Facebook. I try to stay off off of the news, and which is bad, you know. And it's not just the Trump people. I hate the other people too. I hate it because they're still talking about the person I hate. So it's like, oh, I'm watching a show on the Office. Oh, then you can't even watch the other show because they're talking about how much they hate the Office, and you just want to throw stuff and go can I just just walk away? And so I wrote a song about It's called a Where. It's a very good song. Actually I'm like a lie. It's really good. But like you just have to be aware of yourself. And I think that's what people get lost in nowadays. They get so caught up. It's easy to do. Pick up your phone, go on Facebook. You'll get mad in two seconds, yep. And that's what they want. And that's and that's not the real world is. Look at it, man, when you when the record light goes off, people go normal. When you go to the story, you see people walk around throwing ship Trump Trump, No, because it's it's on Facebook, it's on social media. It's the internet world. It's it's not it's not a real world people live in. You know, you shouldn't base people on on what this is. That it's just it is it is, and that's what it is, and move on with your life.
Speaker 2: I can't control it. Prison Trump does today.
Speaker 4: Me neither.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I know we got to fix a lot of shit when he's done, but we've had to fix a lost ship for a long time. So you can't blame it all on him. You can't blame it all on Biden. It's a whole system that's just messed up. In my opinion, Yeah, it's a piss it's a it's a piss now. It's a system that's based on money and greed. And if they would really look at it and look at us, like we're taxpayers like that, like they should look at us, they would understand that they're actually losing money, you know, by allowing things to happen that hurt people and hurt people's health, and they're losing trillions. So if somebody is screaming from the roof, hey lost market, does country grider, then look at the real facts of how you can make this country greed again. Because making this country gret again for who? That's a question? You know, wouldn't it be beneficial if we put every poverty person through college free. You go to college here, you go free. Don't worry about it because then people, oh, you can't just do them? Why you kids can go too? Everybody goes free because that would help because then everybody's educated, right or is that what we don't want? Because once everybody becomes educated, they get better jobs, they make more money, they pay more taxes. Right, Oh, because they save my life to say to Michigan and medicator whoever, you know, by allowing me, which I had to fight for because they kept telling me I couldn't go to treatment. So you have to fight your way through it. It's not as easy as people think, Oh, you want to go to treatment. You got a problem, Oh, just call the number and go aha, try that today, Try it. You just try that and see how easy that is for you. But anyway, the money that I paid in taxes since then, they've paid for the treatments over and over and over, you know, Like that's good. That's how it's supposed to work. And now I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. But there's people out there that are dying left and right, and there are people out there that still want to keep this like a secret that you know, these drugs are bad, and I'm talking about alcohol is one of them too, you know, like alcohol is the major one.
Speaker 2: Like it's bad. Now, Am I saying ban it?
Speaker 3: No? But I do question when they say, well, we try a prohibition that didn't work. Well, slow the tape. I wasn't there who said it didn't work?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: The next administration that came in talking about, look at the money we're losing. Oh, el Capone was running shit, killing people. Okay, that's happening right now. Like we could easily be like, hey, let's legalize fitanol. Look at all this crime going on, Look at all this organized crime.
Speaker 2: Let's legalize it. It's not working.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm I'm willing to bet money that I don't have, but I bet at all that. It was more the other that the administration came in said, oh my god, we are losing billions of dollars, We're gonna go ahead and legalize that, because well, we're politicians and these people are paying us even probably more money personally, whatever president, whatever regime was going on at that time. I don't have that at the ready. Sorry, didn't really think we're going to talk about the topic today. And I'm too lazy to stop the podcast and look it up. You can do that on your own. But I'm just saying though, like I don't trust it and it needs to change so and it will during my lifetime. And that's not like a shot on any of it. That's not a message to legislation. That's just like message to communities. Like, we have to do it. I'm not doing it. I can't do it on my own. We have to put our foot down and be like, look, you got tobacco, you got tobacco with it, you got opioids. Talking about the accountability stuff, you know, hey, hold people accountable, But yeah, alcohol is dancing around on every big game, every big event. Hey to super Bowl twenty eight, brought to you or I.
Speaker 2: Guess to be whatever, seventy two, shit whatever it is now.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl blah blah blah, brought to you by crack Cocaine. Get some at you local store, you know, like they wouldn't do that. Here's some fetanyl. Hey, get your best veetanoyl down. Here is Ventanyl's keep you nice and skinny.
Speaker 4: But it sure is sponsored by bush Light and bud Light and Mille.
Speaker 3: Isn't that funny? But yeah, that's that's that's my advice. That's that's what almost killed me. That's my that's that's taunting me every day. And that's the worst one. And they know it. But yet they're walking around, dance around, And that's what I'm saying, Like we all know, you know, I know my mom knows. Alcohol is dangerous it can be. And again we had this conversation earlier. Is not really alcohol's fault.
Speaker 2: It's good. You and I. We loved it.
Speaker 3: And that's the problem is that it is good and it is addicting, and they know that it causes cancer.
Speaker 2: They know that.
Speaker 3: So when I reach for that and nobody tells me it cast cancer. They tell me it's addictive. But if I drink responsible, I'm good. So I was not drink, drinking and driving all that much, and I was drinking responsibil as I could, so I didn't think I had a problem.
Speaker 2: And then my liver fails.
Speaker 4: But it says drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: What does that mean that's what I was doing. I don't know. I followed the directions.
Speaker 3: Now I have a problem, and I am an alcoholic and now these things are bad and I don't want to be that, you know, and so like it puts you in this whole little thing.
Speaker 2: But if we just faced it as it is what it is.
Speaker 3: And stopped, I mean, alcohol companies can pay ten billion dollars every year to whoever they want, and if they want to do that to politicians, okay, But and we can vote them out and they'll just pay somebody else. But there has to be a time where we put a politician in there that doesn't take that money, or we just hit them like again, hit them on the other side of it, you know them, have them paid out because they do owe it to this country and the community to help the people that do suffer from you know, using their product. And they say the wrong way, but it doesn't matter. You've got tobacco, you've hit them with it. You fit opioids. Now it's time for alcohol. I'm sorry. That's just the way it is. Because last time I checked, there's still beds, there's still people can't get into treatment centers. That means we need more treatment centers, we need more access to them, we need more recover We just need more stuff. Quit making us beg for this. We are out there doing the work in the community that nobody else is doing, nobody wants to do, and we're doing it.
Speaker 2: We're saving your kids, We're helping your people too. It will help anybody.
Speaker 3: I don't care if you make a million dollars, you make zero, you be living on the streets or living on a house boat, don't care. You need some help. We're going to help you. Yeah, because that's what it's about. We I don't care if you're black, white, Native, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: And we try our bust to remove all the barriers to get them, get whoever.
Speaker 3: And it's still not enough, and we still are sitting here with our hands out baging. And then it's like, we're totally going to hire people, but you can't have a computer to work on, you know, that's essentially what they're saying. They're not saying that, but essentially they are saying that in different aspects of what we do. It's like, well, you can have a computer, but you can't print what. Well, how are we supposed to do all this work and get all these reports done?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know what you don't know, you know, it's it's very very confusing, and we're working the best we can, you know, within the parameters that we are, you know, because you can't just like I said, post on Facebook and change things. You know, it takes work, it takes time, but it takes people willing to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also too, it just shows something that you know, no, look at all the challenges I mean that we've that two seventeen recovery has faced since even I've been here and I know before that just the things that you've had to conquer and overcome just to get to having the recovery center and being here and doing the transportation at the volume that you were, And you know, I think it just still says something for that, you know, we continue to just keep showing up every day and doing what we can with what we're handed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all you can do, you know, And there's so many questions and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, but you know what, I still continue to just show up, be here and try to help to help.
Speaker 2: The next individual.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of just like what I say about going to some of these outings for two seventeen. If I at least talk to one person today, you know what, that's making a difference today. If I'm at least telling someone one person knew about two seventeen recovery today, that's the best that we can do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes and sometimes there's a lot we can do, But again, it all kind of comes back to, you know, what tools are we giving and what can we do because you know, as well as I, if we had four people that could take people to them from Truman right now, they would be out taking people to them from Truman right now. Yes, and hopefully, like I said, hopefully some things will work out for us. We have, like again, we've been working behind the scenes, doing what we're supposed to be doing and.
Speaker 2: Trying to go in the right path.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, you know, there's got to be some give and other people in the communities need to say this stuff too, not just me. I can't just get on a podcast and say it again. I started this going on saying post on Facebook doesn't change anything. You know this me, even doing this episode is not going to change anything. It's going to take people in action. You can hear this episode, Oh, turn it off, take a shower, just forget about it and go on about your day, which most people probably will. Or you can sit down and buy all right, well, who do I write?
Speaker 2: Who do I say?
Speaker 3: We need to get more recovery supports up in here. You know, that's how you change things. You can sit here and watch TV all day and Mitch about Trump this, Trump that, hate them, love them, It doesn't matter. What's going on in your community. Is what you actually can matter? Is or is that what you can change? And those are those are things that matter in your community, So kind of look at it that way. If you really want to change stuff, do it.
Speaker 2: Do it like that. Yeah, start start small, and are.
Speaker 4: You showing up and supporting the recovery community.
Speaker 3: If you really want to be involved in politics, be involved in politics. Find out who's running for what, vote somebody in, vote somebody out. Whatever, whatever you need to do, but be involved that way. Don't just keep posting. It's just it's it's old, man, and I don't know if I clicked on the wrong thing and then now it's it's all I see. I used to see booties and titties, and now I'm just see Trump. I want to go back to the good old days. I gotta start clicking on more titties. Like sorry, honey, I'm not trying to look up porn. I just want Trump offer here either Trump of titties.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: She'd say to.
Speaker 4: That, she's gonna hear it once she sees the notification that it.
Speaker 2: Was a new episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see if she if she's we're just laying in bed, she's like, oh honey, like what she's like, the titties are okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, what are you going about what what am I doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's game, because you're gonna done forget that we did this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's yeah. Two minutes after you leave it, I'll be like, forget about it.
Speaker 4: Oh man, these days. We're going to have to do a podcast with her as well.
Speaker 3: Because I know it's just so busy. You know, Parker, he's two now. Yeah, it'll still a little recap. We haven't recapped in a while, I guess. But Parker's two just turned to last Friday. And Beckett, which I don't think we've announced this yet, but I'll do it as well.
Speaker 2: Honey. I'm not sure when you'll be on the podcast again.
Speaker 3: But no, we have another child on the way, another son, baby boy, Beckett, So that's breaking news.
Speaker 2: I guess it's so awesome. I'll work at the middle of the episode.
Speaker 3: But hey, yeah, yeah, Beckett Avery Winfield and he'll be here in September. Parker will have a little brother. So, I mean, look at this recovery life. I mean, it's just amazing, it really is. I was talking to a buddy of mine last night and I was telling him it's like, dude, he drinks, and if you drink, I don't it's your thing. I'm just saying as a friend.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I told him it was like, dude, I want you to feel what I feel in this recovery life. It is so good, like it's life.
Speaker 2: I never had this before, you know.
Speaker 3: And I was telling him, it's like, I don't want you to quit drinking because I think you're an asshole, or because it's bad. You know, it is killing you, I told them, But like, dude, I just want you to feel this recovery life like this is good, Like it's amazing, dude, the stuff that you can do and put your mind to and yeah, you'll fail, that happens, but you'll get back up and you can keep going and that's how we learn. But I was just telling him that, man, and he's just like, you know, he's going through some things. And you know, again, I'm not trying to make anybody get in recovery, especially my friends, but I do want them all to have this life. And if they're not living it, and I hear them and I hear it in their voice, you know, and it's just like I hope they can get it. But it is a great life and things that I once thought were impossible things that I have never thought I could do, write a movie, make a soundtrack to it, like just crazy stuff. It's start a nonprofit, help people get to treatment. I think there's other stuff in there too, father, husband, husband, be.
Speaker 2: A boss, be a boss.
Speaker 4: Yeah that selling a home and buying a home, yeah, with a yard for your kids.
Speaker 3: I really can't wait to make the movie though. I'm really excited about that. It's getting close to where I don't want to do one more polish of the script yet, but like I think I have to go through one more time and just claimp the action lines. But then but like it's I'm confident now where it is to like start building a pitch deck and start, you know, finding the director of photography for it, and moving to like really making this thing. Man, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: I know on the soundtrack, the soundtrack is going to be lit.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I'm telling you it's really good and people are like, oh whatever, but no, I'm just like really good.
Speaker 4: I mean I haven't I've heard some of the songs that you've tested and I like them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember the first one. I said, You're like, oh my god, that's like to your movie. I'm like, yeah, I know, and you're like, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, that's my favorite one of all seven or Light comes first one that you sent me.
Speaker 2: That's I played that one a lot, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That one.
Speaker 3: Or is it the that end that's the late light one. Yeah, but it's not the country version, right no. Yeah, yeah, so that's and that's cool too, Like it's like different versions of songs and I don't know, but they are good and it's pretty cool and it's interesting.
Speaker 2: And we started writing.
Speaker 3: I started writing the songs for the movie, and I was just like, wow, this is kind of because after spending I don't know how many months writing this movie and other movies and other scripts, now like I don't feel like I'm not a writer like the first one.
Speaker 2: I was doing it. Like you asked me a year ago and you're like, oh, you're a writer, i't of I'm like, oh no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: If you're like, hey, you write movies, I'm like, yeah, I do want to talk about it, you know, Like I feel that confident now, like I can do that, you know, because it just comes natural almost, And so what I I kind of approached writing songs kind of the same way, and it was just like, oh wow. And then it's just about opening up and having this third eye. I guess you could call it. I don't know, it's like a weird. But so then I started writing something for myself, you know, like from personal experiences, and some of them were crazy deep and some of them were like messing me up in the head, you know, because going back to those places it wasn't fun.
Speaker 4: No, but you did make an awesome song for your wife for Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: I did, And that's like one of my favorite ones now too. Yeah, that one. There's like four or five of them that I think are really really good, and I think it's cool.
Speaker 4: When I bebop in the office here and I.
Speaker 2: Hear them playing, I'm like, roh and yesterday. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how it will happen too, because like if I sit down and like I'm gonna write a song, if I would like to sit down to try to write a song with you right now, I just want to happen. But it's like when I'm waiting and I think one of the best songs I wrote when I was waiting for Marnie was in her Eye Exam. I'm sitting in the car and Parker's sleeping in the back, and I'm like, what am I supposed to do? And I was like, I started thinking about I needed one more song for the time for the movie, for the soundtrack, and I was like, okay, well I need one more. And I started thinking about I never wrote a goodbye letter to my drug of choice. And when you're in a treatment, they're like, hey, write a goodbye letter and they go outside.
Speaker 2: And they burn them. What if I if I write that real quick?
Speaker 3: So I just started doing it, you know, and it was just kind of flowing, and then it just yeah, it came out pretty well.
Speaker 2: And I finished it up later. I mean I didn't.
Speaker 3: I wrote some of it then, but it takes a minute to tweak it and finish it. But I did it within like a night or whatever. But I don't know, it's awesome. I think, I know you want me to write one for you, or you didn't, you know. Actually, let me rewind that, because that is not the case. I volunteered to write one for you because I thought it would be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're gonna let Corey take his creative thoughts. He volunteered himself to make me a song so I can't wait to see how this goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be also, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 4: I know, I'll probably be either laughing or.
Speaker 2: Laughing. Yeah, it's gonna be a funny one. It's not gonna be Yeah, I happy too much.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we did go to you fam. We did go to you Fam.
Speaker 4: We didn't do a podcast.
Speaker 2: We did not do a podcast.
Speaker 4: But this year was just kind of, oh, we did something a little different. We interviewed some people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 3: And I still haven't reviewed the audio, but just from what I could hear when we were doing it, it was so windy May fourteenth and Lansing, Michigan. And we did have Scott Barry, who is a filmmaker here in Traverse City. He came out with us and we were doing like a side project with him. And yeah, we had other people coming up because we were trying to do this recovery coaching services that we offer, you know, to try to promote that they're free, you know, through our CEOs. And it was so windy. We had people come up and you know, talk to us and stuff. But I don't know if I'll be able to use any of it. And Scott had, because he's a big professional guy, had like some big old It looked like the biggest microphone you've ever seen, but it was really just like a cage to the microphone was onthing like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, anyway, it works.
Speaker 3: They sent me some of the stuff that he had because one of the guys that's running for governor was there, and he came by and I kind of asked them a couple of questions and it was kind of more for them to use because we can't really use it because we're nonprofit and they would make us look like we're leaning towards him.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't want to do that.
Speaker 4: So he did take some clips too of me asking some one a couple people questions.
Speaker 2: Did you get that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So well, I've put together some kind of video and I just haven't hit save yet, just a little snippets of our time at you FAM.
Speaker 2: So look for that on our website too.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 4: June eleventh is Recovery Stories Messages of a Whole Part nine and.
Speaker 2: You're gonna m see that?
Speaker 3: I heard, yeah, because I heard it was either you're gonna m see it but you told your story before, right, or was it I just told the message of hope. M interesting because I had a good idea earlier, but you were on the phone and I have a chance to talk to you about it. But hey, we'll talk about that off the air, because you know, okay, air a dirty laundry. But I think Cory Smoker might be talking and recovery story is nine oh no.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, it's oh cool, So everybody stay home. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be a called other good speakers, but them are surprise until they're on the flyer and that comes out.
Speaker 2: That is uh well, I don't think now, I think we can talk about.
Speaker 4: It, okay. Ricky McCollum and Rob Compo Okay, oh, I'm gonna have to get up with them too. Okay, maybe I don't know. They got good stories. Ricky came in a little bit after me, so okay, all right, it's like one of my what do they call them littermates?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but that's that's cute, Corey.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 4: Are we doing Free Fishing Day weekend?
Speaker 2: Obviously?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure that's on the Saturday after Recovery Stories?
Speaker 2: So was the Father's Day? No, it's Father's Day the next weekend.
Speaker 3: The next wait, so the next weekend, after the next weekend, or the next weekend after Recovery Stories.
Speaker 2: The next weekend after Recovery Stories, isn't that the fishing weekend.
Speaker 4: No, the fishing weekend. So the eleventh is on a Thursday. That's Recovery Stories.
Speaker 3: Thirteenth, thirteenth Saturday, and thirteenth is free fishing. Free fishing weekend in Michigan. So you don't need a license. Let's go out there and go get you some food.
Speaker 4: So stay tuned on two seventeen Recoveries website or on our Facebook to see if we might be having a free fishing contest.
Speaker 3: I tell you something or to Anyboddy. Yeah, when I was little, and then this is why I probably hate fish so bad. We'd have to wait for free fishing weekend and they would take you this with mouse, just a kid four or three, and they would take me down to the public access down a water of eat Michigan, a forest beech road there, and I'd have to sit out there and it was the I think what it might have been like the whole weekend. I can't remember the details because I'm the trauma, but I had to sit out there and fish, to get everybody's weight in fish in bluegill so that our family could eat. Yeah, I'm sorry, it's tough, but could you imagine doing that? No, do you think families do that?
Speaker 1: I bet you.
Speaker 2: I bet you somewhere there's a family doing I can tell you.
Speaker 4: That I was drug as with my family to go out ice fishing, perch fishing, and then watch them cut off their head.
Speaker 2: Did you have to eat them?
Speaker 4: I would not.
Speaker 2: Why how do people eat fish?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Some people say it's so good.
Speaker 3: I don't understand it, Like my dad, I don't. Is it something like maybe they fell and they hit their heads or something?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We should we should have a law of banning fish, obviously, dude, I'm gonna write that. I'm gonna I would have like this.
Speaker 3: Like prestige looking official document. I'm gonna send it in and it's going to be the band fish like, not not eating them, just ban them. I want them all killed. I want fish gone from the earth. Oh my gosh, what good did they do?
Speaker 4: It's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: Tell me they're building dams and stuff, Like what did they eat bugs or something? I don't know what a fish do?
Speaker 2: Well, what role do they play?
Speaker 3: And this is very uneducational, but actually it's educational at the same time because now somebody's looking it up.
Speaker 4: Well, some eat the algae and help keep the keep that water clean.
Speaker 2: That we don't swim in, right, So I mean, what is the point of them?
Speaker 4: I don't know. The bears eat them?
Speaker 2: Well again, there are they want to eat us?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't even I don't have a bare jack.
Speaker 4: I don't go fishing, and I don't eat them. So I just help put on this event.
Speaker 2: No, but the free fishing it is and what it is.
Speaker 3: It's in Traverse City and we're gonna be out there again doing it this year, and we grow up some hot dogs. It's just a good time, you know, a few hours of rain can hold off.
Speaker 4: Last year we had the Cornhall boards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's just a good time. Play some Hey, you can hear some of my music. We'll bring the bow speaker and jam out on some Corey Winfield tunes.
Speaker 4: We watched Kim get Dizzy on the mirrygor Round.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll have we'll have video for that too.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't think I don't know, but yeah, if you're rob Taverish City, either you want to check it out or do something, or if you're just out and about and want to grab some friends and your recovery. And in Michigan, just remember free fishing weekend is the thirteenth of June, So it's actually just that day, right you think that in our f with you if you came out on the fourteenth and you're like, look, man, I had.
Speaker 2: To work late, I think it is the whole weekend. We just do it on that Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to be lazy, I'm not lazy. We don't have all the time in the world to go free fishing, and.
Speaker 4: You don't need to eat fish, and it's a time for us to just kind of come together and connect and recovery and eat beef.
Speaker 2: We just have watched people fish as we're eating beef hot dogs, you know, like it should be.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One more thing I do want to mention is I did open to women.
Speaker 2: So we're living home and es you did do that. See our branches of Hope yep for six.
Speaker 4: Women right by the hospital and it's peer lead pay. They pay rent and they got a job. You're going to recovery meetings and seems to be running pretty.
Speaker 3: Well right now, so little house, Marnie and I went over and checked it out. It's going proud of you for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There's some.
Speaker 3: People that owned some sober livings that closed them and then they kind of left a huge void here in Diriver City and then kind of suck because then they put out this housing grant that whatever. But since this area it wasn't a priority, like it's kind of pointless. So it's a real kind of Yeah, but you went on your own and did it with your own moneies and your own they call it elbow grease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of all yourselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was worth it, you know, just trying to continue to help people in recovery.
Speaker 3: And I mean you didn't just post on Facebook a bunch about how they're this area needs one just opening one would pop up. Yeah. No, now you're the one that actually did it. Yeah, that's that's what we need sometimes, you know, and it's not for everybody. Some people that's not how they can contribute. You know, some people it can be financially like maybe they don't have the time to like physically get down up in it. But that's why people like to do the financial donations and that stuff helped too. But if you can't get out there and do it, do it, you know, or just stop posting it on Facebook, like stop buying into the hypes. Yeah, we're trying to feel how people are trying to tell you how to feel well, and I.
Speaker 4: Think that just it just starts amping them up into something that is so I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, why am I going to get in the fight between two people publicans democrats? I don't care the other fighting over is money and power and control because one wants to do this with all their money and get their money here. The other one wants to take all the money in good of it here. It's not even their money, it's our money, you know. And they're just playing this stupid game and we need to change that. If you're like, oh, you can't change that, okay, Yeah, I don't it from the inside.
Speaker 4: Part of me, I don't even get I can't watch any of it.
Speaker 2: See are the same as me?
Speaker 4: Then like yeah, I just have I avoid it in a way because it's like I just keep doing what I know I can help every day to try to help change or advocate for, stand behind and the rest of it. I just I can't even try to go down the rabbit hole and co sign some of it because it's like what is the truth? What is not? And I don't have time to filter out all that. And my bottom line is is like what I know for me is like, no matter how high the gas prices are, I still have to fucking excuse my language, I still have to put gas in my car and go to work. Groceries. Yeah it's higher, but guess what, I still need groceries in my house. I still have to pay my electric bill. I still you know. So it's like I just these are what I know. I have to still pay and do, so I just have to get up and go to work to pay all that to do it.
Speaker 3: Bottom line, Yeah, sometimes Wow, now you do and you bust your ass and I'm very proud of you, so good job.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 2: World needs more people like.
Speaker 4: You, more coarries like us.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like me, Yeah, I think that people would say no on that, but yeah, definitely, just more more people like you I think would help communities out tremendously. So that's that's the stuff I'm talking about anyway, we did our podcast for the year. We're going to get to a thousand episodes one day.
Speaker 2: I don't. We're just added one more today, Hey.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember. I used to remember how many, but we I don't know. I used to think like just making a run of just like just knock them out one to day. But it's just I don't even have that time, man. I mean I do, but I don't.
Speaker 4: I do think we needed to try to get one more this month with Marnie on there.
Speaker 3: That's a couple of days. You know what, Maybe we'll do back to back episodes that blow people's minds. They'd be like, I didn't even have a chance to listen to the first one, hit me with the second.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: But we're still good, man. I'm still in recovery. Corey still in recovery. Like everything's still good. Just time, you know, just time management.
Speaker 4: Well we've been I mean, we've been busy doing It's a good thing. It's a good thing behind the scenes things. I've been doing this over Libvy. Marnie's passed all of her testing and now she's the msl W and she's doing her stuff at Mental Wellness as well. We have Tim Glucky who now works for us, which is amazing. He's been an awesome part of the team and I'm glad to have him. He's also now certified as a peer recovery coach through i'm d HHS. Well, he has to take his test.
Speaker 2: But if you can pass that test, I believe that he can.
Speaker 4: I believe he ken.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of ship yesterday, like so and so past it. Everybody passed it. If you don't pass it, oh my gosh, I have done with that.
Speaker 4: Look Tim fritting about it. Yeah, he'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully, hopefully Tim obviously make it.
Speaker 4: If anything, remember June eleventh, Recovery Stories doors open at four thirty, dinners served at five, speakers start at six. It's at the Traver's Events Center.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you're listening to this and you're like, oh, it's June twelfth, well, pictures and video aren't up yet, but they will be in months. And Behavioral Health here in Trevers City they actually sponsor us to do the videos, and we still haven't done all of them.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 3: It's again a time thing. And yeah, but there are videos up and thanks to Monthson for doing that and you'll be seeing more months and videos from the recovery stories from the past year two coming out very soon.
Speaker 2: If there's a lot of.
Speaker 3: People that we haven't published, we haven't had time to you, Yeah, but that's coming.
Speaker 2: It will be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Check out two seventeen recovery dot com for that and g us on Facebook, YouTube all that Jazz, and follow us on whatever platform you're listening on with this.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the two seventeen Recovery podcast. Listen to over nine hundred episodes on the two seventeen Recovery app that's free in your app store or online at two seventeen recovery dot com.