Speaker 1: So Saturday night was the regional Emmy Awards or whatever, and so the the old cast that I did with Tarik and Alan May was up for Emmy Award. Did not win. Oh sorry, yeah, did not win? Say again, who won? A bunch of losers? You the yeah, well not my eyes, not my eyes.
Speaker 2: So it was a moral victory for you the no, you know what I.
Speaker 1: You know who I felt really badly for, Like, Monumental won a bunch of awards, like they even I think they even sent out a press release saying that it was a record year for them based on how much how many awards they won, And all I could think of is like, well, I didn't help that. But like I felt bad for like the people like in our category, like the people that actually like worked for Monumental. Like that's who I felt bad for. But man, did I have a great time. I sat next to Joe b he won, I sat next to Ben and not all night Tark was at our table, and then there were like a bunch of like Monumental people who aren't who aren't on TV. Right, but the table was awesome. The table was great.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like there's a big butt coming yeah.
Speaker 1: Well three things. Sitting at that table and getting into like all kinds of hockey talk with Joe was awesome. And Tark is so social, he just keeps getting up and walking around. There were two things. Three things about Joe Bedinadi and don't tell him I'm revealing any of this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Number one, we know Joe is very well dressed.
Speaker 2: Of course, sure joeby sitting the night from RMMB.
Speaker 1: If if there was somebody there that was and there was one person because it was black tie optional, right, I dressed up. I dressed up.
Speaker 2: I saw your cufflings, thank you.
Speaker 1: There was there was somebody who wore like salmon colored jeans who I thought Joe B was gonna I thought his head was gonna explode, haround announced our table. That is wrong on every level, say, and I mean every level.
Speaker 2: I mean black TI optional is a huge clue as to.
Speaker 1: How wore suits.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, and that's fine. Tell me he wore a tux.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yes, man, it's not black tioptional means you wear a tux.
Speaker 1: Eve, Joe wore a tux. And the other thing I learned from Joe B. No belt if you're wearing suspenders.
Speaker 2: That's like you or a cumber bun.
Speaker 1: The he was not wearing a cumber bun. Joe B looked good. Joe B looked really good. Number one, Number two they had like a little like three piece band there that in between like the awards and stuff, they would play like like schmalty music and stuff whatever. I mean, they were fine.
Speaker 2: They did their music.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no no. But it's not like it's a keyboard, a drum and a guy on a bass, you know what I mean, Like it doesn't sound like Joe B. Though, So Joe B and I were like, let's play name that tune. So we were doing it with the whole table. Joe is a freaking musical savant. Really, yes, he is a musical savant. And I will say this, if we didn't get two in a row, Joe would get pissed because we were on a losing streak of like two in a row that we couldn't get and it wasn't us, it was really the band. However, Joe B gets angry, angry when you get on a losing streak, and I know he can't do it on the broadcast, but to hear an F bomb come out of Joe B's mouth is unbelievable, Like it's great, that's like here in somebody cuss that's never supposed to cuss. And then this part will embarrass Joe. So if anybody sees him, no, because you know what, he took a shot at the guy in the salmon pants.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm with him than that. I'm against suits. At Black's absenal well, a lot of people wore suits. I wore a suit. I wasn't in a tux.
Speaker 1: But if you run into Joe B or if you want to, like maybe send him a message. It was well noticed that Joe b ate his salmon with his salad fork mm hmm. And he even was like I can't believe I'm doing this, and he was he ate it with his salad fork, and I was like, Joe, that is a major no no. And He's like, I am so embarrassed. So yeah, I'll call you out, Joe B. There we are. That's a very blurry photo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great shot, Elliott, God, how dewey do I look there?
Speaker 1: Oh there's Tarak. He looks good.
Speaker 2: How did you take this with your upskirt camera? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I took it with my shoe.
Speaker 2: It looks like him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there's Joe b and I. We're having fun.
Speaker 2: How late did the night go?
Speaker 1: The whole event, like the awards are like four and a half hours long. It goes on for imagine.
Speaker 2: There are a ton of categor.
Speaker 1: There's a ton of categories, and you know that's what's awkward, is like like a lot of a lot of people won, Like Drew Wilder one, he wasn't there. I guess Channel four was like too cheap. The uh say again?
Speaker 2: Was he working?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I don't know, I know, I know what he was.
Speaker 2: Through a lot of time on the weekends.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw one person. I saw two people from Channel four that I recognized. I saw I saw Adam tuss he won. But I didn't go over and say Hi, you didn't Diane. There's people at that table that hate me, Like I saw when I was pulling in the park. I pulled in and I saw hair walking through the parking lot and she shot me a look like I hope your car blows up. So no, I wasn't gonna go over there and talk to them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how many I knew.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of five hundred categories. There are so many, there's five hundred categories. Yeah, and it goes on. But you know the part that's awkward, So like people are winning for like these big news features that they did. Yeah, but it's awkward to hear an entire room and like one of them is like they did a feature on Relicia Rudd, the girl who's been missing forever. Yeah, and they ended up winning. And so when they do the announcement, instead of saying uh, and the Emmy goes to and I don't remember what reporter it was Adam Tuss from Channel four. That's not what he won for. He won for like laying in a pothole. They'll go and the Emmy goes to, can't find Relicia Rudd and everybody starts clapping. I'm like, that's awkward. That's bad. Yeah, that's awkward. Oh what'd you find?
Speaker 2: I found what Adam went for?
Speaker 3: Oh it wasn't for reliou Rudd. No, but you said he won for laying in a pothole. I don't know what it was. See Baltimore Bridge collapse. Oh that's another one. A lot of people won for Baltimore Bridge collapse. And it would be like.
Speaker 1: The six dive when the bridge and they're like, yeah, you know who cleaned up in the in the sports categories? Whoever does the production My Monumental did very well except for the old cast. The I think we're the only ones that lost the stupid testicle. The the Baltimore Ravens. Their production crew won everything.
Speaker 3: I'm going through this pages type in Ravens pages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they won a ton and even Joe b was like, they're good.
Speaker 2: I'm already at seven to eight. Wow. Yeah, nine, they won more than eleven.
Speaker 1: They won more than PBS Appalachia Back of the Room.
Speaker 3: Come on, yeah no, they did won thirteen of their fifteen nominations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did well. They did really well.
Speaker 2: I looked for four did win fourteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, they did them. Yeah, no, they did well, did well, But I mean they didn't you know who and I was looking for. I wanted I wanted Andrew from Channel twelve to be there. He wasn't there. I wanted Macy to be there. I would have spent all night talking at the bar.
Speaker 2: On your side. Took him two, Emmy's.
Speaker 1: Right, two more than I got. But it was awesome. So thank you to Monumental for for inviting me. Sorry I didn't win you an award.
Speaker 3: Your PBS station actually won four. They won four more than I did.