Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. It is twelve twenty seven am on Tuesday, June fourteenth. Gonna start this one off in a little bit of a different fashion because I got a special guest that decided to hop on the podcast tonight or today, or whatever the heck you want to call it. Tim Duckworth had an early night, so he was able to hop on the show with me. We recorded that before I recorded the rest of the podcast. So we'll just kick things off by bringing in Ducky first. Him and I will talk for a bit. I try and get his temperature on, you know, his overall impressions of the World Series of Poker. I ask him what his big storylines are. You know, we just kind of talk about all things WSOP. Was very fun to get him back on. Hopefully we can do that a little bit more as we go throughout the summer. But of course it does depend on schedules, you know, as explained in his little stint on the show. You know, he talks about why he hasn't been able to be on the show just with the busy schedule that he has on the production side of things. But yeah, that's what we're going to get into. First. I'm also going to hit on some of the events that wrapped up. Adrian Matteos won the two hundred and fifty k Super high Roller for a second time at the WSP, his sixth the WSP Goal Bracelet, Juan Rodriguez won the Senior's high Roller, Matthew Moss won the eight hundred dollars Deep Stack, and then I'll hit on the updates for some of the other events, most notably the Colossus and the ten K Big Oh. There are nine players left in the Colosses. There are four players left in the Big O. So without further ado, let's just roll the segment with Ducky and now, for the first time this summer, I am joined by the busiest man in show business because he's NonStop running around on the floor. Mister Tim Duckworth, Welcome. It's about time. It only took a seven thirty pm finish for you to get on the podcast, but but we are here. What's going on.
Speaker 2: It's good to be back, finally, finally back. I had a lot a lot of people reach out saying you need to get back on the pod. Conch just have Donnie Soler and you know what the stars of in line today? What is it? It's twenty first day of the World Series of Poker. We got a seven pm wrap up on the stream, So why not let's pod let's do this, Let's talk poker, let's talk the World Series.
Speaker 1: Well, the first thing we should talk about is let the people know what the heck you have been doing all summer and why I'm calling you the busiest man in show business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you have been buried under a rock, you will notice there are five feature tape out there on the main stage. One of them is set for Hustler, So there's four feature tables. So I kind of, you know the little I'm the stage manager. I'm kind of wrangling what's going where. I'm managing the bio team. I'm doing chip counts. I'm also working with WSP on you know, what events to bring up to this new cluster section we have. We have twelve tables just south of the main stage, you know, near the countdown set, and then we have that big gold section thirty six tables, you know, working with them, what we can put there, what time people bag, et cetera. So it's pretty much an all day thing. There's lots of texting, there's lots of group chats. It is pretty constant, but it's great fun. It's kind of what I did last year, just you know, ten xt the work. But yeah, it's just doesn't really matter what you're doing. It's just great to be at the World Series. I think you probably feel the same way.
Speaker 1: I do feel the same way. It's always good to be back. I will say that this year I felt like at times, like I talked about at the beginning, where it felt a little bit slower to get into it. And I think that was because of the whole waiting to unveil the new set, you know, and it was kind of like we're basically hiding this thing, which is such a big part of everything. So it took a few days for me to get into it. And then there are some days when I'm kind of like, hmm, it seems a little slow here, like last night was one of them, you know, And it's just it's I don't know, I just once once I get into the mode of the World Series, and there's like three to five final tables wrapping up a day. On days when there's not at least three, I feel like it's slow day.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. Last year, we were based in the horseshow we would take little walks, get those steps in come over to Paris to see what was cooking. This year were flipped it. We're here in Paris, Is where the action is. How many times have you ventured over to the horsesho.
Speaker 1: Probably five, as we would do. Four of those have been when I was playing.
Speaker 2: Aunt Okay so.
Speaker 1: Wan, so I've been over there once or twice.
Speaker 2: And that's I think the difference where I haven't been there as much this year either. I would say, you know, maybe a dozen times I've walked over there, but the fact we're not seeing you know, those big day ones, the big day you know, day two, A, two b's in like the mystery millions and classes kind of events. It does feel like you said, a little slower, a little quieter on this side, because once you know things play down, it's always this side that is the playdown day. So there's less players in here. The tournaments are getting busier, but doesn't feel like the World Series. I think we're accustomed to.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the reasons why I haven't gone over to horseshoe is. I went over there one day to just, you know, go for a walk. Check it out. First of all, once you cross over the midway point and you hit horseshoe, the smoke brick, You're smashed in the face with a cloud of smoke. That is unfreaking barrel terrible. Okay, So I'm like, I'm not going over there. I can't do it. So on the times. On the other times, I basically like, go outside and I go up, and I go up the ramp and I go in the backway.
Speaker 2: Oh, you take the extra long way. I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that long.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not. It's not.
Speaker 1: I've done that much longer. It's probably shorter. But I just the smoke is unbearable. I can't do it. And also I like the horseshoe. I like the nostalgia. I like how it's kind of old, it's a little bit grimi or dirty or all that sort of stuff. But I mean, it's like going from freaking the blagio over here to such a circus circuit on the other side. I mean, here is awesome. Everything is like newer, it's fancy, the air is clean and then you go over there and I'm like, where did I just go? Did I just walk into commerce?
Speaker 2: You know what the downside is of this place. It's a big negative to me, but it's a big pro to you. It is freezing cold over your impowered.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: You love it. And you know you said you did a lap outside because of the smoke. I did a lap outside the other day to be in the sun, to be in this hundred degree vegacy, to warm on my body that I feel like I was about to suffer from hypothemia.
Speaker 1: Well I do that too, because because I like it cold, I go outside to get overly hot and then when I come inside. The other day I played the Super Turbo Bounty in Horseshoe and it was very cold in that room, but the room wasn't full. Now when I played the Monster Stack, and they started us in Normandy and then they moved us down which.
Speaker 2: Is Normandy, that's the one in near the poker room upstair, yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, the first floor, and then Province is above it, and that both of them are in play at times. So they moved us from Normandy to Horseshoe and it was so damn hot in horseshoe. I was dying. I mean it was only the end of the night. I only had an hour left, but holy crap, it was like unbelievable. But that's how it is. All those bodies in there overnight build.
Speaker 2: In the yellow section across from Paris, next to the pane, the closet, the closet it when that is full, that thing is eighty five degrees in there.
Speaker 1: Really, everyone complains that it's too cold.
Speaker 2: No, no, but once it feels I look, I have been constant request to bring the temperature down. So maybe now it's at a normal level. But during that casino employees event on day one, I walked in there, I was dripping in sweat.
Speaker 1: I mean it should it should always be about sixty five degrees in this place for a couple of reasons. One, people can always put clothes on. People can only take so many clothes off. Okay, that's number one. Number two, Once these poker players start sweating and become smelly, which some of them are already smelly before they even start sweating, it is a nightmare. Okay, So just keep it cool in here, keep everyone like they're basically, you know, a bunch of dead cows hanging in a freeze or something.
Speaker 2: I think you're forgetting number three.
Speaker 1: What's number three?
Speaker 2: Number three is if it's cold in here, you can visit the Pokeaar shop, buy No Gammer in the Future hoodie by a high Stakes Poco hoodie and feel warm and also represent pok Gar.
Speaker 1: That's true. That is very true. That room, though, that other room, that that closet over there, they got really going to fix that lighting. I mean, I like it's like, I mean, the lighting is yellow. It's the yellow sections. The lighting is very yellow, you know. But you know, I do like the new setup. You know, I prefer it. We're over here. It's the nicer side. I definitely feel like it's cleaner air, all that sort of stuff. So I like, it really got to get rid of that smoke. The smoke in Horseshoe is just freaking wild. And I just can't believe that that's even still loud.
Speaker 2: It's you just gotta move. That area's gonna move. It's gotta be relocated where you where the high traffic doesn't go through. I don't know where that is, but yeah, you're right, it's it's not fun. You know, we're obviously not smokers, so we hate it.
Speaker 1: But when you're in the Normandy Province section above the poker room, they now have the backway.
Speaker 2: Have you been? That's amazing?
Speaker 1: That is that is a life changer?
Speaker 2: Is everyone?
Speaker 1: So like when we were on brakes in the monster stack and everyone's just like herding cattle down this Like it's like literally a single file escalator and everyone goes that way. I just cut it to the right. There's like five people there. It goes, you walk all the way through and you come out by like right under the Eiffel Tower inside Paris.
Speaker 2: It's great. It's so good about it.
Speaker 1: It's so great. It's it's nice and clean. It's obviously new because they just built it. Like that's the way to go. That is absolutely the way to go. It's about the halfway point of the WSP at least events wise. What events are they on today? Forty eight? There are one hundred events on the schedule, they're on forty eight. So I got a couple of things for Tim here that I want to get his thoughts on. First, overall impressions. Second, his three biggest stories. He can do whatever he wants with that. I know he loves his lists, he loves all that sort of crack. I gotta get him to update the PGT leaderboard. There's been a lot of LODTT qualifying events here at the World Series, but then also the PGT Summer Series over at the studio has kicked off as well. So first things first, just give me your overall impressions. Right again, we are roughly the halfway point.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest thing is the new main stage, the new set, you know, obviously built by the in our team at Blueprint fifty two. I think a lot of people have just in alle when they see the size of it, the magnitude, you know, it spans the whole room, even for us that have seen behind the scenes of it getting built at the warehouse, just to see it all lit up, you know, it was rare. Now it's in the Solano Teal, purple, Lana Solana, Salano, Solana Solana colors, and those colors are grown on me. I think that's the biggest thing to me that stands out, you know about the World Series, because you know, you kin't look at everything else. The events are the same, people the same, but this is the biggest new thing, This grand set with five feature tables and just kind of a massive spend by the Gigi Poker team to to kind of put together what they want as the grand stage. And this is what we're going to see, you know, ESPN and Omaha Productions doing the main event from this is what's going to be for the final table over the Horseshoe in early August. And I love everything about it.
Speaker 1: So that's all you got for impressions. Just the state.
Speaker 2: To me, that's the thing that is the one, the one messy thing like we can start talking about, you know, if we want to go down the road of some negatives, we can go that way. I feel like some of the numbers are you know, I don't show how much you've discussed on events growing or events declining, but.
Speaker 1: I haven't really hit on it too much. I did good timing because on the last episode I did tease that I'm working on the list thing. I have a list, and then I'm also shout out to Jeff Walsh, friend and colleague brought.
Speaker 2: Him the other day.
Speaker 1: Yep, he was here. He basically gave me the idea to look at the numbers up until a previous year that wasn't last year and then compare it to this year. So I'm going to be doing that and then also this year. I mean, I think the majority of the events are down. Yeah, but I mean whatever I mean, yeah, whatever I guess I mean. But it's not, as I've said many times, when I'm talking about the catastrophic it's it's not catastrophic one. But it's also not just ws A P it's other other events are down. And even if the other events aren't down, like missing guarantees, although some stuff has misguarantees, they're definitely not clearing guarantees like they would like to, you know, like if people want if people put one hundred K guarantee, they want two hundred ky in the Price School. So there's no sweat whatsoever. It's more like you're doing one hundred K guarantee, you might get one hundred and eight k in the Price School, which is a sweat.
Speaker 2: The one thing I actually came into this not really liking was the change they made to the events like the Monster Stack and the Colossus, where you played Day one A and the next day is day Day two A and on that same day is Day one B. And they do these for the first four flights, and you know, it kind of means that, look, you could potentially cash all four flights and then make the final Day three. But one thing I, you know, didn't really think about when I was kind of looking at this of these events and kind of unsure or a little bit giving a little bit of a negative eye, was that what it does save. It saves these massive day two restarts we don't have anymore. We have basically an individualized flight restart, you know, two A, two B, two C two D, and then you combine for day three. These day threes, they're not you know, multiple thousands of people. They're now two hundred three hundred people, and instead of on a Sunday, they're on a Monday. But it's also you're a lot deeper in the money. So if you're thinking about taking work off, it's you have a bit of a more reason to call in sick or use one of those PTA do's. But yeah, instead of the day two Sunday restarts that are many thousand, it's now a day three restart with just a couple hundred. And I think that change is actually very good for the everyday play, the every man, you know, the the guy from South Dakota coming out. You know, he can get his value. He can play a few flights in the months that cash a few times, you know, instead of you know, playing maybe playing one a bagging, not coming back for day two and doing all that stuff. So big fan of that now that I've seen it in motion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if I agree, but I also like, I don't necessarily disagree. I'm just kind of indifferent on it. I guess whatever whatever the masses want then just fair enough. I will say that I don't like the fact, and I've stood by this for many years, that any event fifteen hundred dollars are under should be in the money on day one. At the end of the day one, non rad, what are we playing four days and fifteen?
Speaker 2: You're gonna upset Mickey Doff with that comment.
Speaker 1: No, I want to upset Mickey doopp. Do you want to know why I want to play Nicky Doff because he's Micky No, because Mickey Doff shows up late to day one of the rads, Because it's senseless to show up early for those early levels. It is absolutely pointless. Speed everything up on day one and then give people more play later on. The Cossus is a good example. It was a travesty that the Cossus was not in the money on day one. Okay for a five hundred dollars buy it. Now, what you can do in a tournament like that is on day one for you know, for anything that's sub one thousand dollars, just make the day ones twenty minute level.
Speaker 2: Who cares twenty minutes?
Speaker 1: But but you there are first of all, there's multiple flights for you to a chance to get into the money and continue on. Then when you make it to day two, you go to thirty minute levels, so it's a little bit better, which is basically that's the normal structure that it used to be in classes. Then on day three forty minute levels, so it gets the structure gets better as you go, which is what it should.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, I just twenty minutes is short.
Speaker 1: Okay they call it a turbo here at the World Series of Poker when it's twenty minute levels, when at any other time in the world, a five hundred dollars termament has twenty minute levels. Sure, yeah, it's not. It's not that bad. And I will also say that if you put a focus on the quality of dealers. Then you can lessen the time because you're gonna be able to get in more hands. Right. Yeah, I would even say, go, what, what's twenty five minutes?
Speaker 2: Twenty five is slightly better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, twenty five minutes, you know, But and then you get in the money. At the end of day one, everyone's in the money. Then the structure starts to get better and better from there, because it's not just here at the World Series Poker, it's everywhere that they have the idea of quote unquote deep stack backwards. They give you a ton of chips to start, and then late it gets just a turbo right when it should be flipped. So make it really fast on day one a turbo, you know, just basically people have to just spin to get into the money and then go from there and make it a really good tournament afterwards.
Speaker 2: I one hundred percent agree with you getting too the money on day one in no them and hold them, I would, you know, when some of them makes so little. So I don't think that's too much of an issue. If you're making the money early on day two, I don't see any reason why the classist needs to wait until the third level on day two to make the money because from an operator standpoint, get these guys in the money, get them out of the tournament, and get them back in the next tournament. That should be the goal is increasing rake and increasing revenue and doing that, we're not increasing rake. No, sorry, I didn't mean.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, you miss it.
Speaker 2: I misspoke. Yes, you're right, you're right. Let's definitely not.
Speaker 1: I just want to make sure I allow you to correct yourself before somebody clips this is like says, more rake is better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put me on a billboard like Daniel did. No, not increasing the actual rank, but increasing the revenue because we can get people firing more bullets, cashing firing more bullets, and you know, for WSP that means the entrants grow. That's good for marketing. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. So yeah, definitely make that money on day one and go from there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think as it just as it pertains to the colossus, which is down to I think the final three tables right now at time of recording. I think people probably assume that they would have been in the money because I don't It didn't explicitly say anything on the structure seet versus some of the tournaments that are in the money, or it's I think it's said payouts begin day two. I think it might have said.
Speaker 2: That dist millions, though definitely says that.
Speaker 1: And if you look at like the Gladiators poker, that says payouts begin day one, meaning end of day one, you'll be in the money. Gladiator is a poker if I remember correctly when I've played in the past, you're in the money on day one, and then you continue to play correct a little bit after that. It's not just like make the money in stock that toxtremet, well, okay, not for a three dollars buying tournament. I don't care like that. That's what that should be.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Split the difference for Colossus, it's it's, you know, a little bit better structure, a little bit of a higher buy in, right, So maybe then it's just play down till twelve and a half percent of the field. That's the money you end. And then you also get the chance that on day two when people come back, you know, they get to come back at a at a different level or something, you know, like maybe one flight plays a little bit later. One flight plays, you know, ends a little bit earlier, and then they can they can rewind that. That's what I would do there. I mean I would even say that. Listen. I know the Monster Stack is structured the way that it is, but I would be fine being in the money on day one of the Monster Stack and then make the tournament after that like super super long and drawn ou out. Like I have no problem with that. I think that that's that's great. I mean, maybe that's just me personally, like I'm just I'm not playing poker. I think I understand what's the motivation here is that you want to give people that buy into the lower buying stuff enough bang for their buck. So though they're left with some sort of positive experience, you know, they can when they come out here and they fire the Colossus, they can then go back home and say, you know what, I got to play for a whole day. I got to play for ten twelve hours. You know, I wasn't just sitting down and like it was go time and whatever. I just I just I can't do it, man, Like I just can't. I can't do it, you know. And I also I like to be their hand number one because I like to be able to, you know, play against some lesser competition. Maybe someone will punt to you, maybe it'll be a cooler or whatever. But so I like to be there early on and I don't like to come in late, you know. But that said, I don't think we need to be starting people three hundred big blinds deep in this tournament, these tournaments like, I think you can start people fifty big blinds deep, and just let's just go. Let's just get right down to it and let's go three biggest stories. Give me a particularly however you want to do it, and then just tell me the story. I'll say what I want to say, you know, maybe I'll agree, i'll disagree, whatever, and then you can go on to your next story.
Speaker 2: Story number one is about the biggest ambassador in poker for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: God, I can't I can can't even imagine where this is going.
Speaker 2: My current favorite poker player. Oh my god, Martin Cabra, I.
Speaker 1: Knew you were going to say it is that because he just likes you. Now it seems like no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no no. First of all, let's not going down that road. He has yelled at me several times about putting you on feature tables. Thankfully they didn't make the blog because we got in a very big argument. Look, he's very polarizing. I think most poker players, he's the definition of the most poker players do not like him. Last night he was running deep in the ten K two about midnight, and I was here watching him and Zamani were getting into as the money was throwing several low blows at him that we would not repeat on this podcast. But the difference is the fans, they love him. He's getting them to arms. They get him to do that. When he busted, they all left. When he's up at the feature table, there is more people around him than anyone else we've seen. He's just he's like so polarizing positively to the fans. People are watching him. He's doing his vlogs. I've met his editors. They're very nice guys. But you go on the other end and the poker plays. I think Daniel grind Out of VOG today kind of skipped through a little bit, but he's mentioned that, you know, was the two hundred and fifty k numbers down wreck wise because of Martin Cabrell. Okay, come on, I'm not I'm not sorry. I'm just making a come on, that's not no. You know we've seen it.
Speaker 1: He did get into it with Martin. Yes, during the two fifteen.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people that don't like his antics. There was the issue on uh In. I think it was the hundred K with the R F I, D and Sam several. He's obviously very loud, he's a bit of a showman and that bothers the players. But like I said, he's polarizing and that's I think, without doubt being the story of the world series because we have when I say we, I'm talking about you know, the production team have been highlighting him a lot. You know, whether it was the heads up where these high roles, he's been on a lot of feature tables.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you first of all, let me just say that I think you need to be careful saying we because we, as in poker, grow no longer to make those productions. Okay, so if they want to highlight him, that is solely at the discretion of the dobisipy.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is that is that when I'm grouping myself with those not basically I'm not saying and look, it's you know, it gets the clicks. Like I said, it has the people watching him. I think that's, without doubt to me, the number one sorry that he has gone from. He's you know, he's always been like this, but I feel like since WSP European proguets dialed up a bit. Once he's out of vlogging, he comes here, he has a little bit of success, and then obviously dusts up two million dollars in the Hustle cash game. But very polarizing. To me, that's my kind of number one story, And I think that maybe is a little biased because I've been around it just so much. It's just always in my face. So yeah, that's my number one story.
Speaker 1: On poker dot org, they had a story that was based on Daniel Legrand, who's latest vlog, where he's said in the vlog, I guess this is a quote from the poker dot org article, is that he meaning Daniel, would have banned him him meaning Cabrel, five years ago.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we're going to ban just yet, you know, I you know, but I think in terms of him being polarizing, of course, he's extremely polarizing. Are people sick? Of him, I would say the answer is yes and no. You know, I think the more that you are ingrained within the poker community, so the more of a diehard fan, you are, a player, all that sort of stuff, then the more you likely cannot stand Martin Cabrell. But if you're on the fringe of poker, or you just happen to stumble across something on YouTube, or you know, you click on a social media post or whatever it may be, when it comes to attracting those fringe people slash new viewers, this could very well be a necessary evil in terms of like getting people interested in the game. Because listen, I'm not saying that I'm fully there yet in the fact that we need this necessary evil. I'm just saying that I can make the argument that it is a necessary evil because at the end of the day, people all people they like watching shocking, over the top things that are a bit wild and crazy. You know, train wrecks, car accidents, people fighting, you know, homeless guys fighting in the streets, stuff like, you know, all that crazy stuff that comes up on social media that you just doomscroll forever. People like the wild that they like the wacky, and Martin brings those things to poker. Now, does he go over the line with some of his stuff, Yes, I would say so. And that's that's where, you know, I think the tournament staff needs to step in and say, listen, you can do X, Y and Z, but you can only go so far and when you start crossing lines, you know, we got to kind of pull you back in. I want to cite, you know something that I heard Justin Saliba say during a studio series for the PGT. I can't remember if it was the Poker Girl Cupper, if it was US Poker Open, but it was earlier this year where he was talking about how he sees like all these cash games out there and the viewership that they get, and then he wonders why the viewership doesn't meet that when it's these higher buying, ultra elite competition final tables like we have in the studio for the PGT. And basically the point that Justine League was making and he was trying to talk to like his table, is that he's basically saying, you know, we need to do a little bit more as players. We need to show more personality, we need to be more colorful because people don't want to watch boring stuff. Nick Wright said it on the Bill Simmons podcasts, you know, a few weeks ago, and I think I talked about it here where it's that the right and he was talking about basketball, but it does, you know, apply to poker as well. And what he said about basketball in the NBA, because they were talking about tanking and that sort of stuff, is that the right way to play isn't the most entertaining way to play, you know, talking about load management, tanking, all that sort of stuff. That's not the most entertaining stuff. And in poker, it's not the most entertaining. To never say a word, to focus on just the math and try and win as much as possible. That is not entertaining. But if you want people to watch your stuff and watch you and and fall in love with the game, then maybe you need to break out of that shell and be a little bit more entertaining, right And and that's what Martin does, and that's why he is attractive to people who are on the fringe and and want to you know, get involved. I'm more someone who's on the inside and and you know, a die hard, so I don't necessarily care too much for it. I understand its place in poker. Yeah, I would say that he just needs to be told to tone it down a little bit, because I also do think at some point another player is gonna fly off the handle and probably just punch the guy. Like yes, Like but that's that's like because he just pushes and pushes and pushes and pushes, and he keeps pushing that line and and you know, putting his foot over it, over it and over it, and eventually like I don't know, I mean I thought Martin's Money might do it last night, Like you know, at some point, somebody's just gonna lose their shit on him, yeah, right, and then he's just gonna be like, oh well whatever, and it's like, dude, you kept provoking. This is like when I watch those videos that pop up on social media of the people that do those pranks and a home depot or a lost or whatever, and then like I root for those guys to get punched in the face all the time, like it's outrageous, and then when somebody does come at them, they're like, it's just a prank. It's just a prank, you're on video whatever, and it's like, yeah, but you allowed like you pushed the person that far, you kept pushing the buttons, So it's annoying in that sense. I also think that his antics allow the industry to be lazy, and what I mean by that is his antics lead to lazy coverage. And I would say that Poker gro has been at fault of that same sort of thing, and I have voiced my opinion on that with our team many times. Is that yes, he's loud, and he's wild, and he's doing crazy shit to get on camera and also to get under the skin of his opponents because that gives him an advantage and all that sort of stuff. But that shouldn't just be the story. That should be a small piece of the puzzle. Yes, you do need to show this sort of stuff, but every single post out there, every single live stream, every like, it doesn't all need to be Martin Martin, Martin Martin, because you're missing everything else. You're missing all these other cool stories that are happening. So like, we can't as an industry just be lazy and just latch onto this stuff. It's also the same reason why, in the same light, like we just can't latch onto let's say Daniel mcgrotney, for example, Like you just can't latch onto him and like put him at every future table because at some like what if tomorrow Daniel mcgroney stopped playing poker, Like we have to find the next story exactly. So yeah, So that's where I'm at with this whole thing with Martin. So, I mean, I think he's probably a big story. I don't know if I would put him in my top three like you, but you know that doesn't matter, Like he's still a big story. And I know there's a lot of resentment towards him. I know friend of the pod David od b Baker's co instantly talking about how he hates it and it's nonsense and it's not good for poker and all that sort of stuff. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I I.
Speaker 1: It's hard to ignore the numbers that you see and the viewership that you see, and if people are ultimately drawn to poker because that's what they like to see, then there is some positive argument for that. What's your next one?
Speaker 2: My next story is a disappointing story, a sad story. Uh oh, maybe a cursed story. Sean Dabe, where are you? I'm not gonna stop by saying I'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you right now, I think he's in the ten k raz.
Speaker 2: Ooh he's probably not catching that one.
Speaker 1: Good time in as well, because I talked about him on the last episode. I did a rundown of like the the Legends and how they're doing Helmuth Ivy negron Eu and Deep because I think he's a wav legend. Yeah, and I was like, you know how they're doing, and his summer not good.
Speaker 2: WSP Europe a few months ago fifteen Embracelet events, he cashed six times with two seconds. Well series, when you say forty eight, with forty eight events into this world series, he's got one cash.
Speaker 1: I mean, and that's indeed, that's not that's.
Speaker 2: Not good, it's it's terrible. Now. Look it was a final table curt Us there, but like he can't find him min cash in anything. Like he was front runner for POY he got overtaken by the Japanese wonder kid Naokihara. And I believe I heard that with Alex Foxon's win, he may have overtaken. I don't know if it's been yet, it was.
Speaker 1: I actually kind of yelled at Jeff Platt got it earlier today about this because so it was Niaoa Kihara leading the way. Okay, indeed got knocked down to fourth. Then as a result of the fifteen RAS shout out to that tournament again heads up Dennis Weiss Sex first or second moved him in front of Kihara, I believe by my math. But then I saw today the wheelsas of Poker posted fox AND's winner photo and said that he had taken the lead. And I just pulled up w SP dot com right now and it is still key horror on top.
Speaker 2: Update Jeff Platt, buddy fixed, let's go.
Speaker 1: This should be this. It should be tied into the app, so when the app updates, these leaderboards update right like that should be very easy.
Speaker 2: So look, Seawande, you know we are forty eight events and you have done pretty much nothing. But like we has fifty two more events, We have a plethora of online bracelet events. We obviously have paradise. He has a he's probably still the favorite to win Player of the Year. You know, maybe maybe you might still give out to fox And. Actually, but he just needs to do something. And you know what if Jeff Platt's going to play three hundred and fifty dollars to Dan Housen to curse Sean Dave. I think, and as the leader of the Shawande fan club for twenty twenty six, we need to to do a go fund me to find some money to now go to Dan Housen and on curse Seandeep. I think that's all we need the knicks of one. That's final. Let's move on. Let's now on curse Sean Deeb. See if you can get that. See if you just get a cash, See if you get one more cash. Then we'll work on a final table and then we'll work on another bracelet.
Speaker 1: So if it is fox and number one vice number two, then it would be Kihara liberto Hunikin, Deeb Shulman like in that order. Okay, I talked about this when Kihara won his second bracelet. I find it hard for him to be able to win POI because I'm not sure how much he's gonna be down in the Bahamas firing versus someone like Sean Deep is probably gonna be firing a lot of stuff to do.
Speaker 2: The Daily Deep Sacks count has been in the Daily Deep Sex.
Speaker 1: Someone like a Chris Hunikin, I think will fire the big stuff Yeah, someone like Nick Shulman I think will fire the big stuff. Al fox And obviously will fire the big stuff.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Dennis Weiss is an interesting one because he fires the huge plo stuff. Yeah, but he's been having success in the low buy in Nicks games because that's like what he likes to play now. So you know, he's someone who I think could go to Paradise and do all that sort of stuff justin Liberto probably fifty to fifty I don't know. I mean he can't play bigger, yes, but how big, right? I mean, so much is going to hinge on what happens at Paradise. When it comes to Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: You'd also throw I think christ and Foxon and Adrian Mitaeos in there. Yeah, sure, big win as the big high rollers. There's obviously big Bayans in Paradise. You know, there's they. You know, Adrian doesn't play pay a little, but Christen does. I'm not sure if shoul dabble in say the fifty k or the twenty five, but so they have a nice you know, start on poy and with the bians that we've seen a Paradise in previous years. You know, it just takes another, you know, big win there where they can really get thrust at the top along with you know, all the online stuff they play, all the smaller hold the stuff that's still left on.
Speaker 1: The schedule, and you know, listen, Shan Deeve. Of course there's fifty two events left yet to start. He could just rip off three bracelets for Suah. You know, it's just been a shitty summer for him, of course, but you know he's not out of it yet in terms of winning money or whatever. And if anyone's gonna grind it, it's gonna be Sean Deep. I personally would have paid infinite money for him in fantasy, and I thought that one hundred and thirty three dollars for Shonde was incredibly low. And right now he ain't doing so hot. All right, what's your third story?
Speaker 2: And if you turn more, but my third one is just and look, maybe we talk about this every year, but it just feels like so many big names of winning bracelets this year. You know, we have both Foxins, you know, they knocked up a bracelet. You know, we have Asa Mataios who who just won the two fifty, two hundred and fifty K. And then you look at some of the smaller events. You're justin Loberto adding another bracelet. You got Nick Schulman adding another bracelet. You have some of these big names, you know, breaking through winning you know, the third, fourth, fifth, sixth bracelet. You know Bryce Yucky, there's another one after Matre Rosy, and you mentioned Dennis Oh, he's from from Germany. Got Nathan Gamble now winning his third plow eight bracelet. That seems to be a record, as Scott Clemens coming out from nowhere, and then obviously Uri winning his six. So all these big names, you know, adding more gold to their trophy case and just kind of stamping you know, their legacy a little a little harder, you know, a little bit more. To me, that kind of stands out in a way, just just seeing these pros just just continuously kind of getting it done.
Speaker 1: What's your other one? Bonus one? My bonus one is the streaming. Oh god, God, go ahead.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's had its comments from the public, and i'd say, so, I don't know how much you've talked about it.
Speaker 1: I really haven't talked about it at all. I mean, I'm sure plenty of people know. I'm sure you know I probably have a bazillion opinions, but I've just chosen not really voice them.
Speaker 2: I this is the way I see they're doing. They're doing something different, They're attempting something different, and I think for a lot of people it's a little bit of a shock because you know, we always talk about Poker go the previous years, and you know, we we the first kind of change we did was that horseshoe table, and we were able to do you know, some double streams, and we tried to do a lot of final tables, and then we slowly started adding in you know some day too, some day too, coverage, you know these this year it's something a little different, trying to tell a story from events, kind of from start to finish. Uh, you know, a lot less final tables. But this is they this is what kind of they think will work. This is their strategy, this is what they're testing. And the way I see it is that like, look, it's a bit of a cut. It's a bit of a shock to the viewers, right, but you know, you look at something like if we were just keeping in poker, they're big by nanny. When that came around, I was like, what the hell is this Why come we all just any And then it kind of became the norm. You know, there is a world where this is the norm in a few years. This is how the WSP is broadcast. We show these minim events. We have these crews, you know, all out in the field catching little bits of this, and we we're adding it in and you know, obviously the delays a little longer. But I think that's been quite a talking point from especially when I'm out there and I'm talking to players and say, hey, we're bringing you up on table A and they're like, when is it going live? I'm like, you know, two and a half hours. And then it kind of explaining to some people like asking you know, they ask questions, how does it work? Like why is it we doing it this way? You know, they're trying something. So I think that's been like one of the talking points. But I think people just kind of need to understand that they're trying something. You know, if it doesn't work, you know, we'll see what happens next year. But it's been a bit of an adjustment for you know, production team and also been a very big, you know, difference for the players, and obviously obviously the fans and viewers back Hume.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm I don't really care to get into it that much. Yeah, yeah, I just I know it is a bit of some sticker shock to a lot of people out there that said, I just I don't think that there's any reason to not change now as opposed to wait till next year, like you can literally change tomorrow, you know. So Yeah, and it's it's not that I always want the coverage to just improve every single year, whether it's US doing it, WSP doing it, whoever's doing it, the coverage should always just level up, right, Yeah, And you know, it just seems like the sentiment out there is that it hasn't improved. But then again, you know the opposite side of that is that you really only see like the vocal one to two percent on social media. You know, you don't see the common fan or the regular Joe that maybe tuning in or that maybe have stumbled upon it late night while they're browsing around YouTube or whatever, so you don't know how that person feels. I would say that viewership has been pretty good numbers wise, just from what you see on YouTube. So so yeah, you know, it's not always like the loudest people out there are are you know, always correct? So I mean we always got shipped for anything that we did, even if we thought that we were doing it the right way. Now it's the ws A P that's in that boat that's getting dumped on by a lot of people, and that's just you know, you're you're probably never gonna please everyone, unfortunately, and that's that's just unfortunately for our friend Jeff Platt, he just has to take the absolute brunt of it.
Speaker 2: He's the man of the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is.
Speaker 2: He is the people.
Speaker 1: He is the man of the people. I still don't understand why the hell he's parking in the freaking parking garage with the people when he can just park in the back.
Speaker 2: It shows that he is a man of the people.
Speaker 1: You know that the people can also park in the back.
Speaker 2: They can talk it exactly.
Speaker 1: So I mean, there's no reason why, you know, you guys can't park in the back or park somewhere else, then figure that out. Giving updates to the PGT lead aboard.
Speaker 2: Oh, a lot of a lot has been going on. We've seen a lot of winners. Let's about I guess the people that were kind of already on.
Speaker 1: By the way, just real quickly, somebody put an AI video out there. This is kind of timely because I was talking about it of Alex Foxen and Martin Cabrell when they got into it at the Future table. But they aied Fox and beating. So that's that's making the rounds right now on social media.
Speaker 2: No, I guess you know. Let's let's let's start with Yuri. He was the leader, the PGT leader board winner leader sorry after Super Higher Old Bowl Mixed Games. Obviously he dropped back a little bit with Brock Wilson going on a little heater, but with you know, his big win, he's back in the first. He got fourteen hundred and eighty four points four point eight million dollars in winnings so far this season from five cash is pretty impressive. Alex Foxen massive win yesterday or early this morning really in the ten case Super Turber Bounty. He's now in second place with twelve hundred and eighty points. He has five cashes this world series already. Kristen Fox and his wife one her sixth bracelet. Yep, she moved up to at the time was second place, where she's currently fourth, twelve hundred and fifty eight points. She's two cashes this world series. Brock Wilson, though the leader heading into the World series, done basically nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we talked about Sean Deep doing that. Yeah, brox Do, he was as hard as they come.
Speaker 2: Well, he was also playing at the wind the other day in the thirty five hundred, so it's really his fault from leaving the venue. So but he's in third, and then a big mover, Sean Winter. He has accumulated eight hundred and twenty PGD points this world series. He's now fifth place. Brandon Wilson another guy that's that's done pretty nice, pretty well so far. He's up into six. And then we look, let's look at some you know, some new blood. We got the Nasim Salem got eleven hundred points. That puts him, you know, inside the top ten. But you know, as we always talk about, there's certain qualifications you need for the PGT Championship at the end of the year. Three cashs one in the Shoudi. He's only got one cash. Eleven hundred points is probably a good good probably get him in there. He's gonna get two more cashes. One of them is in the studio. Another person that's in that similar position, Nathan Gamble. After winning his third bracelet, he has seven hundred and sixty seven points, balding five cashes seven hundred and sixty four points. He finds himself well inside the top twenty. Some other names that you know, will we see them in the PGT Championship Niokahara, you know, Galen Hall, you know, Santos Savannah, you know some of these guys, you know, are they gonna capitalize on their World Series, you know, for the latter half of the PGT season and you know, find those extra cashs, find that studio cash and try and qualify for our end of season free roll.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be interesting. And there's still so much poker to be had. Many PGT qualifying events still to come at the World Series, still eight PGT Summer Series events as well that are going to shake shake some things up, so, you know, long summer ahead.
Speaker 2: One name, you know, as you bring up the PGD Summer, we're only two events in of tr We'll played two fifteen K no limit holding events. One name I didn't mention was Asia Mataos. You know obviously doesn't live here in Vegas. He has you know, he just won the two fifty K so two World Series cashes. You know, we expect a few more out of him. He'll go to Paradise. But one he's got a third cash in the studio when he won PGT Summer Series number two, one hundred and eighty k. So he's you know, he's qualified, right, He's got these three cashes, one in the shoot. He's qualified. He now he just needs you know, maybe a few more points to make sure he gets in and then see if he wants to venture down to Vegas in most likely January. That was event two of the Summer Series. Event one, Galen Hall. You know, another guy didn't mention he won one one hundred and eighty two thousand dollars in his pocket. And yeah, two events so far. We've got a couple five kplos coming up. And then you know, the really big events for this series are going to be during the main event, the WSP Main event, over those day ones. You know, these single day fifteen k's are pretty popular amongst the players, and that's where you know there'll be a lot of a lot of international guys, a lot of people kind of firing once they've bagged the main event, and we'll see some a lot of points for Graps early July.
Speaker 1: What do you think INSP main event numbers?
Speaker 2: I should check.
Speaker 1: I should check the old prediction market.
Speaker 2: I was. I've been up for a while and after seeing some of these bigger ten k's right, we've got you know, we have the Mystery Bounding coming up, so that would be a good sign. But we have the super Turbo Bownie. We've seen some other events just down a little too much, and now I'm kind of I'm flip flopping a little bit. What does the prediction market tell us?
Speaker 1: It's pretty much all in on under thousand entries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's how I'm kind of feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, who knows. I mean a lot can change between now and then, of course. Yeah, but but we'll just time to get your temperature on that.
Speaker 2: You know, there's obviously a plethora of factors why the numbers could be down. But I'm wondering is the World Cup being.
Speaker 1: Here big enough of a factor in terms of just getting people in here to play?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because look I spoke I was speaking with Anthony Hugh today. He's going to Europe for three weeks, and I'm like, what He's like, Yeah, ever since I turned twenty one, I've been at the World Series of Poker and I might as well go spend some time outside. I'm like, it's the World Series of Poker. Of course you should be here. Harvey Castro, I believe is because this comes down to our World Cup of Vegas, you know, squad developments. He's heading to see a World Cup match early, you know, early July, but then happened. All these international guys are they you know what, I just want to go follow the France team. I just want to follow the Argentine team. I want to follow Germany. I want to I want to go base myself in Houston and just you know, watch a bunch of games there. So does actually the World Cup being here in America, you know kind of her I would have said, maybe it should help bring people here. They should go watch a game and then come play. But you know, it's it's with when you pair it with some of these numbers being down, it's a little you know, maybe the unders, maybe the unders are going to come in.
Speaker 1: It does seem like for things that have been down, it's been big field no limits stuff, and then stuff that's been big.
Speaker 2: By no limit. What do you mean big field because big field is kind of up right, like the Colosses kind of things.
Speaker 1: Uh well, yeah, like the Colossal Well the classes is actually.
Speaker 2: Down at hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but things like like I think like the five K no limit to start, Yeah, I think the two k was down as well, stuff like that. You know, I want to say the fifteen hundred dollars six max was down. I mean I have the sheet right here, Yeah, fifteen hundred dollars six max was down as well. So you know, anything that's just anything no limit basically is on the downturn versus you know, going up, whereas the things that are up are you know, like the PLO stuff, the big O stuff like that seems to just be absolutely freaking flying on fire, like to the point where like I mean, I don't know exactly how many like PLO slash Big O events are on the schedule this year, like percentage wise, but like it should may probably make up twenty five percent of the schedule next year. Yeah, the numbers, If the numbers are going to stay like this, I mean, the hell with it, Just go go all in on BLO. I mean, create a freaking PLO Player of the Year. I mean, let's just go nuts, you know. You know, like this, this first six hundred dollar Nolan hold them Deep Stack had forty six hundred last year, or sorry, forty six hundred this year. Last year was over six thousand. So like that, that sort of stuff is just it's a big dip, right. I think the five hundred dollars Freeze Out got hammered pretty hard. Forty one hundred this year over five thousand last year. So you know, if it's down, it's down on average of about twenty percent. But then you got some other stuff that's up. You know, this big O is up almost is up over forty percent. The Dealer's Choice was up, the fifteen hundred dollars no limit Deuces seven Single Draw was up. The fifteen hundred dollars PLO was up sixty five percent.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that a multifly that was multifying that one?
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, whatever.
Speaker 2: Counts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but listen, I know, yes, Asterix, but I will also say that if it's able to support a multi flight and have that much growth, then it does speak to how how popular PLO, right, you know, if you're able to get a four figure field on both starting flights, like that's huge. Yeah, you know, so, you know, I think the ras is up, the razz is up ten percent. People are just fucking coming out of the world work to play fucking rats like this. This ten K big O Championship up thirteen years shit, like you know. So, yeah, it's crazy, but that's you know, that's how it is. I think that sort of stuff just speaks to the type of player that plays those tournaments. I would say a person who plays a mixed tournament or maybe a PLO tournament is probably a little bit more on the wealthier side than a typical no limit holding player. But anyway, that's all I got for you. Anything else on that, nuh huh on that stuff. No, No, just in general, Yes, what else?
Speaker 2: I think we need to play some music?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I dropped the ball. I talked about it. I missed a family pot jingle, but you could.
Speaker 2: Do every think we should start with community college. Okay, go ahead, community CODs jingle? Does Rich try and still editor?
Speaker 1: Is he Rich and Rich grand does still edit? He was staying with me for a few days. Shout out producer Rich he's going already. Yeah, I mean he didn't. He didn't make day two of the classes, so he said, you know what, I'm going back to see my family.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, all right, Rich, play the Community CODs music right now.
Speaker 3: Tension Morning, good afternoon, and good evening to the poker radio audience near and far. It is now time for a brand spanking, spiffy and new shout out to some of our most loyal listeners who likely got a bit too lucky on the way to the spotlight. You're listening to the number one poker show in the land, and it's time for a new edition of the Poker Go Podcast Community Cards.
Speaker 2: I've seen a many poker podcast hats. Thank you guys for wearing those. You know, we didn't have a hat this year. Stuff didn't come together quick enough.
Speaker 1: Honestly, they're too freaking expensive.
Speaker 2: But that's that's herky and witchy. But look, thanks for wearing those. You know a lot of people with Assi's ur a new hat. Unfortunately, no, you know, we'll try and make it right next year. Pumped into many people. Two I can remember, one is Blair, I believe, one is Brad, one I played with when I was in Portland last September. Play some cards at Poland Meadows together Portland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Oregon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going there after this too. Football tournaments, you know. Okay, but look, there's people that I mean, I'm assuming there's people coming out to you to say hello. There's people coming out to me. You know, we appreciate every one of you, even if the part is not what it was last year. But look back together for this episode. Who knows how many we can get. Maybe the main event we kick it back up. You know, did some daily stuff depending on how busy the ESPN work gets for me. But yeah, no, keep coming up to us, keep saying hello, keep one of those hats. Uh. You know, we appreciate all of you listeners.
Speaker 1: Sweet what else you got? Family part?
Speaker 2: I don't really have a f Do you have anything? Because my son's birthday today to get up early and I.
Speaker 1: Don't really have anything. No, everything's been pretty low key on the home front, which is a good thing.
Speaker 2: You know. Have you spent more time at home this World series and previous because of yes, Yeah, and as that felt.
Speaker 1: Well one of the reasons that I have been opting to go home and do the podcast. Yeah, staying here. So you know that me at least an extra hour to two hours at home every night.
Speaker 2: But do you make it home while the kids are still awake?
Speaker 1: Oh hell no, No, They're usually in bed seven to seven thirty. So I'm definitely not home Last night I did. I didn't make it home. I think two times this summer I've made it home while they were still awake. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, you know, it's just.
Speaker 2: Kind of well, kind of used they used to it as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, I mean, you know it's come come, you know, end of May. My wife knows she's basically a single mom for seven weeks or whatever it is. But yeah, well, I mean we'll see how it goes. Just part of the world we live in, man. Yeah, all right, that's going to do it for you, sir. It was a pleasure as always. Maybe we'll get another seven thirty pm end at some point.
Speaker 2: I We'll try to sink a few more. And I think we we owe it to the people. Just like Jeff is a man of the people, we need to be men for the podcast people.
Speaker 1: Definitely. And speaking of Jeff, I want to get him back on at some point. I know I had him on already, you know, he he said, you know, he would happy to be happy to come back on again. So maybe we'll get Jeff back on again. Maybe we'll get an update to the parking situation. Just kidding, Jeff, but.
Speaker 2: It's still the same. That's the up thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, the parking doesn't work, okay, end of story. I have zero sympathy for anyone still parking there, Like, just find a different spot to park. You can park it I don't know Planet Hollywood. You can park it Blage.
Speaker 2: You would be quick at to park Apolage, and then.
Speaker 1: Just you could park walk through that nice casino, through the shops. You can stop at that Starbucks right before you get outside, you go right across the walkway and you're into the horseshoe like you get your steps in, good to go. You can park in the back. We talked about that. Parking in the back is the same exact thing as parking in the garage. It's the only difference is that you're going to be outside, so the car might heat up a little bit, But just get one of those windshield screens and you'll be okay, to be fine, okay, And you know, as far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen anyone get stuck in the back. Yeah, So there, that's what I would do. I mean, heck, you can probably park at other places that I'm just I don't know about across the streets somewhere. I have no idea, who knows. That's what I would suggest to people who are just sick and tired of getting stuck in the parking crotch, you know, because especially when there's just thousands of people that are getting out of a poker tournament at the same time, I mean, stuff's just gonna break down. That's just how it is. So go another route, people, all right, pleasure having you Tim as always so y, it was a pleasure to have Tim on. Of course, hopefully we get him. I'm gonna I'm gonna try and get him on once a week, That's what I'm gonna go for. I'm gonna go for once a week. I'm gonna really press him to figure out his schedule, give up half hour to an hour of sleep or whatever the heck he needs to do to make it happen. But that's what that's what we're gonna try and do for the rest of the show. Here let's hit on some of the stuff that happened at the World Series of Poker on Monday, June fifteenth, because I know you guys are listening to this on Tuesday right before I jump into it. As a reminder, new season of High Stakes Poker is streaming now on poker Grow and today June sixteenth, that is when the second batch of episodes dropped, So check that out on pokergot dot com or you can download the poker Go app to your favorite device if you need to sign up. Use the promo code HSP sixteen when you sign up for a new annual plan because that promo code is going to get you thirty dollars off. First up, Adrian Matteos, the Absolute Crusher, wins the two hundred and fifty k Super high Roller for a second time in his career. It is gold bracelet number six. Sorry, Matt Savage, I said gold in front of bracelet. I'll try and change that up if it's really bothering you that much. But huge fist pump, which you don't often see from these high rollers. I don't think I've ever seen a reaction like that out of Mateos. But when that final rivercard hit and his hand held against bryn Kenny. It was a Tiger Woods Kobe Bryant esque fist pump out of Mataos. You know, he really shows how much winning means to him, how much he cares.
Speaker 2: This guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, this kid is only thirty one years old. He's got more than sixty seven million dollars in live tournament earnings. He's now moved up to fifth on poker's all time money list. He's had an outrageous two months of a run. Here he won the Triton Montenegro two hundred K Invitational for six point three seven million in May, and now here he is at the World Series of Poker, winning the biggest buy in of the summer, the two hundred and fifty K Super high Roller for four point three three million dollars. Mateos defeated a super tough final table, obviously a super tough event. Brin Kenny finished in second place. Brin Kenny, Poker's all time money leader, had a chance to get another giant win on his resume. Ultimately came second, but did push closer to ninety million dollars in live tournament earnings. David Einhorn the recreational player. The businessman, finance man out of New York was out here playing again. Believe he was playing for a charity, as he always does. He finished in third place for more than one point eight million dollars. Seawan Winter another close call for mister Winter, but that first goal bracelet does elude him. Still one point three million for him. Jason Kuhn was in the mix once again. We talked before about how this tournament is Jason Kuhn's white whale. It's the one he chases the most. It's the one he wants to win. But if he fell in fifth place for just shy of a million dollars, Samuel Mueller in sixth place for seven hundred and sixty k, Brandon Wilson in seven for six hundred and thirty thousand, phil Ivy ran Jacks into queens. I believe it was Bryn Kenny who had the queens. He fell in eighth place for five hundred and fifty three thousand, and then Texas Mike in ninth place for five hundred and eighteen K. Mataos now with six bracelets. His first one came back in twenty thirteen, and it came over in Europe when he won the ten k WASIP Europe Main Event for one million euros. In twenty sixteen, he won the fifteen hundred dollars Summer Solstice Event remember that event for four hundred and nine thousand dollars. Twenty seventeen, he won the ten k Heads Up Championship for three hundred and thirty five thousand dollars. Twenty twenty one, that's when he won the two hundred and fifty K Super high Roller for the first time in his career. Three point twenty sixty five million was the score there. Last year he won an online event. He won the thirty two hundred dollars high Roller Online for two hundred and fifty three thousand dollars. So that wraps up the two hundred and fifty K Super high Roller, as mentioned, the largest buy in poker tournament on the schedule each summer. I'm starting to think they could go a little bit higher. I'm starting to think they could push five hundred k, like slap a five hundred k out there, do that once a year. I think it could happen. I think pretty much all the fifty six entries that you get in here would fire into a five hundred K, you know, I think you're getting forty entries for sure, And that's one of those things where like the higher the buy in, maybe then you get some like ultra ultra rich guys, the ultra big cash game players dive in something like that. I don't know, maybe you attract, you know, a little bit of a different player type than than you do when it comes to the two hundred and fifty k Super high Roller. But nevertheless, still a great tournament, super high level play, and it's good to see Adrian Matteos get the win once again. The biggest crowd pop of the summer goes to the supporters of Juan Rodriguez. He won the Seniors high Roller, five K buy in in that Senior's high Roller, his first bracelet and six hundred and seventy three thousand dollars. He topped a field of eight hundred and forty four entries. His Rael called for a king.
Speaker 2: It was he.
Speaker 1: I believe he had King eight versus Ace three. Maybe on the final hand, but is Rail called for a king on the river? A king it was, and holy hell did they erupt. It was an absolute incredible pop. One of those pops that you love to see every single summer. I was behind the big wall in our little media space, heard the pop out there, went running out there. At first I was like, wait, did like, did that come from the Mateos versus Kenny heads upmatch, because at the time they were heads up in the two hundred fifty k Super high Roller. But no, this was all for one Rodriguez over in the seniors high Roller. At an adjacent feature table after Rodriguez one, he told Polkernews, he said, I used to play more for fun and I wanted to collect rings and wins, but now I'm playing for my beautiful son Max so that he can have a future. That was going through my mind all day. Well, Max is going to have a bit more of a brighter future here thanks to six hundred and seventy three thousand dollars in the bank for Rodriguez. I mentioned Chad Lipton had that deep run in the ten K Chigi Millions. Here he finishes in fourth place for two hundred and twenty three thousand dollars. Rodriguez beat Naraman yag Mai from Iran in second place for four hundred and forty eight thousand, Chinglu in third place. She took home three hundred and fourteen thousand. I mentioned Chad Lipton, Mark Rivera out of the Philippines fifth place for one hundred and sixty one K, Hari Kleiper sixth place for one hundred and eighteen K, Kenneth Kim in seventh for eighty a K, and Luke Graham finished in eighth place for sixty seven thousand dollars. These seniors events, they always produce really really big fields. I mentioned the eight hundred and forty four entries in this one. We are starting to get into the one K seniors event. That one is always absolutely slammed from wall to wall across horseshoe in Paris, so I expect a big field for that one as it goes over these next couple of days. The eight hundred dollars deep stack also found a winner on Monday. Matthew Moss out of the UK, defeated Darryl Ronconi in second place, Moss taking home his first bracelet three hundred and eighteen thousan five hundred and fifty six dollars for him. Ron Coney taking home two hundred and twelve thousand dollars for his second place finished Saloon Al Harr taking third place for one hundred and fifty five k. Cheang jian Yang fourth place for one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars. These players came from a field of three thousand, nine hundred and three entries. Again it was Moss Matthew Moss out of the UK, topping the mall for his first bracelet in three hundred and eighteen thousand dollars. Two events are down to the final day. Let's go in order of buying. We'll go with the ten K Big O first. They are down to the final four players. There was some question whether or not this would finish today, but the players did opt to bag it up but leave the structure. She does say this is a four day event, so they got down to four. I think they played a little bit longer than Ultimately they decided to put the chips in the bag and then they'll come back on Tuesday. Daniel Aharoni leads the way with eighty seven big blinds. You got Bruno Firth is in the mix, Aaron Coopen is in the mix. Doug Losurie is also in the mix. Those three players. Firth has thirty one big linds Coopin's got thirty six, Losurie's got thirty, so they're all kind of bunched together in basically in second place to a Haroni huge first place prize. In this one, there was almost sorry over four hundred and fifty entries in the field, four hundred and fifty six to be exact, eight hundred and sixty one one thousand dollars up top. The final four players are guaranteed two hundred and seventy six thousand dollars. Nick Shulman had another deep run here the Goat, Shulman finishing in fifth place, taking home one hundred and ninety seven thousand dollars. Sean Troja got six, Sam Soverall got seventh, Scott Clemens took eighth, got David Benjamin in tenth. You got Mike Mattisow in fourteenth, Victor Blaum in sixteenth. So pretty packed and stacked field in this ten K big O nice turnout a four hun and fifty six entries, but we're gonna have to wait for that one to finish out on Tuesday. Then in the Colossus, the sixteen thousand plus entry field Colossus, you got u Fan Wang leading the way, I mean, just listen to this chip stack. One hundred and seventy five million, just like saying that number is so crazy. Of course it's it's nuts, because you know, everyone starts with whatever the heck they start with maybe fifty k in this tournament, I forget sixteen thousand something entries, so of course it's gonna build that. But still saying that the chip leaders got one hundred and seventy five million is just a freaking wild number, absolutely wild number. Most notable player here Eric Baldwin, a two time w Spigo Brace winner. He is in the mix. Arguably nobody loves it more than baseball that he is six out of nine per the chip counts. So he is going for the five hundred and fifty thousand dollars first place prize the final. The nine players here are guaranteed a little bit over sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Speaking of proker News, I was supposed to go on the Poker News podcast on Monday evening. One of their hosts, Chad Holloway. Shout out Chad Holloway, bircher, Chad, No chop Chad. He got stuck on a plane coming back. I was scrolling a lot of social media today, and there was a lot of like plane cancel cancelations and delays and all this sort of stuff. So Chad's all caught up in that mix. So rain check on the on me joining the pan pod. But we'll make it happen eventually. Back to the Colossus. Nine players in May, and they are guaranteed sixty thousand dollars. Eric Baldwin is still in u Fan Wang is the chip leader. The only player who has a bracelet is Eric Baldwin and he's got two, so he's going for number three in this one. That one's also going to play out on Tuesday. I hope they stream this final table. I've noided what the streaming plan is for Tuesday, but I hope they stream the final table just because like these these smaller buy in, massive shout out massive field poker tournaments, like that's just that's where it's at for like the WSP excitement, You're probably gonna see some wacky plays. I'm sure the stacks aren't overly deep here at the final table. I mean they're probably fine. Let me see, chip leaders got fifty eight big linds. Looks like the average stack is around twenty five to thirty or so. Shortest stacks got nine and a half. You got one, two, three, four players sub twenty five players if you include Miles Jerman, who's got exactly twenty big Linds. Other than that, you know, not too much to report on. We had the ten k Raz kicked off. I mean, this is just unbelievable how well this guy plays ras Calvin Anderson. I mean, every time I look at a RAZ tournament and Calvin Anderson is in there, he's just absolutely crushing the damn thing. He looks to be the chip leader from day one. You got the twenty five k high roller plo kicked off wild hand. By the way, that happened towards the end of the night in this tournament, so it looks like Yanni you can mine in fresh off his marriage. Congratulations to Yoni is the chip leader. He busted four players in one hand at the end of the night. He made a wheel with six five, five to three to eliminate Daniel Mgrandu, Carrie Katz, Sean Rafael, and Yang Wang all in the same hand. It was reported on by Poker News they got all the money in pre flop somehow and Yoni Yokuminin's six five to five to three made the wheel on the turn. He held from there to KO four players. Not sure I've ever seen that before. That's pretty freaking wild. You have the twenty five hundred dollars mixed Omaha High Low slash Stud High Low is playing down there throughout the final few tables. I believe that one's schedule to finish on Tuesday. And yeah, that's pretty much it. As I said earlier, it was a pleasure to get tim on. Hopefully we'll try and do something like that once a week, but that's gonna do it for the pod. Appreciate you guys as always for listening. I got to run because I think my dog has just put the trash all over the kitchen and I gotta go figure that out. So my name is Donny Peters and I will catch you guys on the next month.
Speaker 2: Jenny Express