Speaker 1: Supreme Rice since the nineteen thirties, supporting Louisiana farmers and communities throughout Louisiana. To find out more, go to Supremerice dot com.
Speaker 2: Live at Lunch, Sure Lookie Law.
Speaker 1: Live at Lunch, Live at Lunch with A and Hanny on one O four five ESPN, Baton Rouge. Now here's Jimmy Hot and Charles Handagres for.
Speaker 2: Some reason, not that you signed Little Chola Radio Lot Lot.
Speaker 3: Lot Summer Pinots on Highland Road.
Speaker 4: Well on the Friday edition Live and Lunch one O four five ESPN, Baton Rouge, Charles Anderer, Jimmy I, Jordan Kinchin's back in the studio, Bruce Marshall, Christmas Arrow with us on Fridays. Tromaker on vacation this week before the football season starts, soaking up a little time off. Michael Baychok is going to check in with us today though as a major changes to the Triple Crown in horse racing this week we're announced. We get Michael's thoughts on that.
Speaker 5: A real quick note about Michael and you know you're working with him off and on and traveling with him a lot, you know, and the things that he is very horse racing people can get too jargon related to terminology and a kind of confusion. He has a very good skill of making it everybody can understand what he's saying about this type of sport. He is does a very good job of that.
Speaker 4: And this is I would say the biggest the biggest change to the horse the biggest change to the horse racing calendar in over fifty years.
Speaker 5: This is our life, this is our lifetime. I'm we're the old guys here, and I mean it's I mean I didn't know if it was in place. I was shocked to know it was only in place in sixty nine. Yeah, I mean been there for one hundred and thirty years or so whatever, and like I thought this thing was, you know, forty years more in place. But I mean we grew up. No, this is a triple crown and this was why it's hard. But we do want to see the best run.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So major announcement from the NFL after the game last night. They they said that not only was the Hall of Fame game of success, but that Carson Beck was going to go straight from the game right into the Hall.
Speaker 5: I mean right, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, let me let me, let me let me explain. Okay, if his last name was Manning, uh, he would have been asked to stay another day to be fitted for his yellow plays.
Speaker 3: Still working on you speak, Yes, yes.
Speaker 5: You know, let's let's bring in the busts, you know, artist, the whole thing. But this was as bad as a handicap. And I came back on Otter locks with you know, so I did some Canalis was zero to six against the spread, by the way, in preseason games, he was one play away from being oh to seven. And the offenses have really scored three, three, ten, ten, twelve and thirty one points. I mean it just kind of they ran their offense and the Cardinals, I mean, Charlie every all my handicap would and I wish Matt and Matt would do a better job. They cut me off when I told them I said, this is first quarter only. Oh they I mean, they rushed me through and if then I said this first quarter only, and they're like, oh, now you're on.
Speaker 3: Dan producers, and then you can't trust them.
Speaker 5: The under the I love the team total under for what this preseason is going, you know, seventeen and a half for Carolina, and I mean zero zero at the end of the first quarter and they score sixty three. Yeah, and they and they ran their offenses. They had six straight possession scoring possessions. Jan and Mike Tourrico says this might be for best quarter in the history of the NFL. I mean the Hall of Fame game. I said, not for me.
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't good news for the handicap, but for a Hall of Fame game, which usually entertaining, this was very entertaining.
Speaker 5: Believe, off the charts entertained.
Speaker 4: Yes, and fully understanding that a lot of these guys had played last night are not going to make these teams, and understanding that this is the first preseason game, and understanding that we have watched Carson Beck for a long time. This is not our first glimpse at him. He's not an unknown product out of North Dakota State. Okay, he made some very nice throws last night. The one out of the end zone on the stop and go was feathered in there beautifully wide, but it was.
Speaker 3: He but he let him. Okay, no, it was a very nice No.
Speaker 5: No, the guy had to slow down a little bit on it. He was not full stride on it. Okay, he had such a window that as as Chris COM's right, he took the cheese. He didn't take the cheese. That was exactly he took. He took the cheese and he didn't miss him. And I don't have a problem with him trying to hit him exactly on the full sprint and giving him a little room for error. To put it. It was a really nice throw. But let's you know.
Speaker 3: The second Okay, I like that.
Speaker 4: The second throw that he made that I liked was the one that got him down to one yard line in the first touchdown.
Speaker 3: He threw it low and end side to no.
Speaker 5: No, if you we don't have to go playboy, listen, I was just gonna give he was really really good.
Speaker 4: Then the long throw down the right sideline, and then the best throw probably made the whole night was the fade for the touchdown. I thought he made some nice throws. I understand the competition. I understand all that he had some nice throws last night.
Speaker 5: It's as far as the expectation level, or even if he's the first first overall pick, he couldn't have looked much better or any better. There's no doubt it is preseason. And the reason the preseason is we've seen some preseason. We've seen some really good quarterback play in preseason that did not translate into the postseason. I think our morning host could tell you the best. I mean, he was, he was in the middle of where. No, the preseason, I'll bring up a couple of preseason did translate to the next There's some guys that won jobs immediately through preseason. When Matt Flinn got the three year, ten million dollar deal to go to Seattle, they weren't looking to replace him. They wouldn't have spent that money. No, Okay, Well, Russell Wilson got a start or two in the fourth game preseason that year. I was in Las Vegas for the first one against the Chiefs. And he won a job in preseason. And what we know about Russell Wilson the tail end of his career, he had a very successful career. Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean, you know, he threw for a lot of yards, won a lot of games, and and just he just so he won it in preseason. Dak Prescott hit an unbelievable preson But Charli, there's a lot of I mean, Jack Prescott's preseason numbers. His first reason, unbelievable and will it translate? And you know what, damn it. It was his rookie year when they were one or two seed and lost at home to Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay in the divisional round. I mean they were their offense was he was really good, you know, and he's he's thrown for a lot of a lot of yards and won a lot of games. Didn't playing the Super Bowl. I get it. It is there's a ceiling two deck. Okay, but what they what we thought preseason? With his career, he's exceeded expectations, but there's been a lot of guys who put up numbers in preseason. It don't amount the craft, that's true.
Speaker 4: I'll give you two more since you brought it up, and one of another one involves Matt Flynn when he went in as a seventh round pick to Green Bay and and and beat out one of the brom brothers. Was it Brian or whatever? Who was the second round pick that year? It would have been Jeff. It wasn't Jeff. It might have been Jeff. It was one of the Broms was a second round pick, and Flynn was a seventh round pick, and he beat him out and more even more than that. And I know you'll remember this one the year Washington took Heath Schuler with I want to say, the number three pick in the draft. They took a flyer on Gus Faratt in the seventh round and out of.
Speaker 5: For I went to Tulsa. Yes, yes, and Fred beat him out.
Speaker 4: Yes, and Fred being so it's rare, but it happens that you can really move yourself.
Speaker 5: It does, it does give I mean, I've got to alter my position on this guy. I don't start. I mean, we've seen enough of Jacoby Brissett, I mean Pexcott after one night. He's got a chance to to to win a job, you know, whether it's game one, three, five, seven, whatever it is. They're not expected to have a great team, So why not. I mean, that's the thing. Why not you, Jakoby? But I have to go. I have to pivot, and I mean, yesterday, I've seen enough for Carson Beck and I understand. So what what did I miss? We're I miss? Well one the thing that well, we've seen some mediocre quarterbacks in college use their reps into ya and that have exceeded our expectations at the end in in the NFL, but there was a lot of reps there party.
Speaker 4: I mean, uh, can I use Brissette again? Because he played way earlier than they wanted him to at Florida because the injuries. Then he transferred to n C State and was the starter there. That guy's been in the league for a dozen years, and the first time I saw him in Tiger Stadium, I felt sorry for him that he was forced to be on the field against that defense. And now he's never become a star. But my goodness, he's been in the league a long ass time, I know, but he's not He's not a starter by choice.
Speaker 5: He's never been. He's never been. You know, Luck Luck the last minute, you know, it's it's week zero and Luck retires. I mean, yeah, we got ten days left, you know, And they did okay for a while, and then they realized his limitations and defense is cheat and then you know, he's a he's an A plus reserve, you know, backup. But I Meanty is a great example. But but what b Nix is the other one? I mean the guys that have I mean, these guys with fifty starts. There's another one. I'm that's escaping me right now with a ton of starts that you know probably And that's why taylors ty Simpson decision just makes no sense to me. Man. I think he's pretty good, but you got one year starting experience. The history tells us in enough to tell us that you're going to struggle. You have a big advantage if you play more in college, if you get reps. There's nothing in practice that replicates a game. You have a non contact jersey and it's only a baby step toward preseason. You can get hit, but they're not running sophisticated defenses. They're trying to confuse you. That's trying to evaluate talent. And where I bring up to my next thing? And what was the deal with it's your boy the Dylan, the former Green Bay running back from BC. That's with Carolina and Carolina Now I mean the boss a red they're playing prevat Basically, I mean there's a dump off and a red zone and nobody's around, Like wait what it was so weird? There was none of these just run the ball up the middle, let's get in and get out of here. This was sixty three points. This is like the highest Hall of Fame game scoring since the sixties. It was. It was so this was the equivalent Charlie My handicap of thirteen months ago the women's Wimbledon final when Anissimova beat the number one player in the in the world and sabal Anca and beat her in the semifinal and beat her and beat her. She dictated the points, she outpowered her, and then she gets double bageled in the final. And I have picked her that day. Yeah, the guy I gave. I gave Paul the Mayo the pick right here on this show. It cost him a little money there as well. But this was so bad, but they cut me off. I told the first quarter only yesterday.
Speaker 4: Were you trying to think of Daniel Jones, three year starter at Duke moved himself into the first round.
Speaker 5: I wasn't. But that's a good you know, Yes, And this is an era where we've seen a little bit of this For obvious reasons. I mean, they're playing until the twenty four years old, But I mean, yes, I mean that the reps. I just don't think that whether Ty Simpson's playing at Alabama or Miami, he is developing more behind the bench. Preseason practices with non contact jerseys. You know, I just I just don't see it. I don't I don't see it in a you know, now draft ability, you can't argue with his but he was more likely he will never be able to prove it. But you don't think arch Manning. That's a little bit of it. I mean, yeah, Cooper knows. Cooper, his daddy knows that. You know that it's going to help him develop.
Speaker 4: You know, both of his uncles could have went pro early and been the number one pick or close to it, and neither one of them did.
Speaker 3: They both stuck.
Speaker 5: But they could have gone with multi years starting. This guy started one year. Yeah, yeah, right, they had that. And if Max were here, he's goofing off again today. But if he were here, he would want us to mention Haines King and his thirty some odd stories. The bad Influence b I. That's his new nickname, Max, Yeah, b I, Bad influence, bad influence. Yes, he's influenced. He's a terrible influence on on these veteran guys.
Speaker 4: And Haines King to me, looked like one of those guys in the preseason has taken advantage of who's on the field and that's not really real, and it was exciting at the end. I don't expect him to be a what what what is?
Speaker 5: Haines King's performance is different for Beck's.
Speaker 4: Because Beck looks to throw, going back to one of yours. Beck looks to throw first, and King looks to run.
Speaker 5: You didn't think King through the ball and rushing attempts to have Oh last night just three, But I'm talking about in gave him a chance to throw the ball. He knows he is something in his whatever, he knows that he for to succeed. He can't run the Georgia Tech offense, Charlie. He's not calling to play as a Georgia Tech.
Speaker 3: No, he's not.
Speaker 5: They're designed running plays. I mean what he want.
Speaker 4: I don't expect Haines King to challenge for any significant play in time, and I think Carson Beck will now that Carolina has got Caroline's got a starting quarterback in Arizona dozen, I get it. But if they if they flipped positions, I wouldn't think of Haines King as a prospect.
Speaker 5: What's the passing number? Passing numbers for these two guys last night, they're pretty damn close.
Speaker 3: They threw for the same amount of yards one hundred and eighty.
Speaker 4: So how many attempts about the same. No, King had significantly more attempts. He was twenty one to thirty four. Beck was fifteen of nineteen.
Speaker 5: Oh my badness.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think of Beck as a superior prospect among the two, even if they switched teams. I would think of Beck as a superior prospect. Think he got drafted a little higher as he did?
Speaker 5: Did I mean, but I I think for what Haines King did, what Georgia Tech's play calling asked him to do. No, that's fair, Okay, Haines King has to take a step up. Let's let's they took a Beck is a completely pocket passer at the college level, King is there. I mean there's one hundred and thirty starters, Charlie. These guys are as close to one as pocket, pure pocket and in runner first. I mean, there is the close. Haines King ispposed to one thirty, and he's goosed to one as as they get a different style. But I thought he that was the bigger, a bigger story than he looked very comfortable throwing the ball in a pro system in from the pocket when he was let go. Yes, he scored the winning touchdown, which you're going to see a lot on his legs. He also ran a four to six in Indianapolis. Yeah, on the slow turf, not on his home home. He's he's always been a terrific athlete. But I think he's showed you that in a very short period of time he has embraced the new role. It would the new just a job description at the different level of play. I think he was. I think it was good, but yes, I was. I was very surprised.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting here, are you not entertained? I was entertained. It was. I stuck around a lot longer than I thought.
Speaker 5: It is usually garbage, and this thing was way more entertaining than I ever can remember a Hall of Fame game being. And also enjoyed the Breeze stuff a lot. We've heard a lot of the stories, but it was still good. And there was some him and Peyton's relationship. His insight there was just so good. It's good to see Breeze excited, happy, But he deserves it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: That guy what we want out of our athletes's commitment and effort and preparation, and he's a poster child for that over here to Rafinos. Our appetizer futures today fried corn ribs, the shrimp and egg plant piro, the crawfish, butter bisc and tomato and arugula salad. And what an appetizer menu today that Jeff Patrick has put together? Entre features today Coffee duck leg, the white bean costle leg with a raspberry Serrano glaze, herb ball and a crunching onion. Suggested. Wine pearing is an archery summit Pino noir out of Wigiamet Valley. Grouper A la Pancha that's a roasted corn saucle with sayson potatoes. Romesco suggested wine pearing is a peigu chardney out of Napa Valley and the Rufinos Boulabase tail on Louisiana shrep, little neck clams, lobster, promodora, red potatoes. Suggested wine pearings of Santa Margarita Pino Grisio out of Italy.
Speaker 4: Live and Rafinos Live at Lunch twenty four five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 1: You Live at Lunch with dot Haanny from Rufinos on Highland Road on one of four five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 5: All right, my man took us to a beer, and Burger joined that my buddy Coop is still talking about in PB before you had to get out of town. Chris, how you doing, man.
Speaker 6: I'm doing good, Jimmy. It's it's a hazy, hot and human in San Diego, a little bit warmer, you know, so uh.
Speaker 5: You know, hey, I love it.
Speaker 6: I like it hot. I just spent a long time on the East Coast. I went to UH. I went tomorrow. Miss the Haskell made another trip up to Saratoga. I've seen enough rain for for the rest of the year. For me, I'm happy to be back in southern California where we don't see much rain at all, So I don't care. I like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Look, if the if the if the weather was flopped, you might be back in Boston. I mean, listen, if the weather wasn't what it is, I would would log less minutes in del Mar in the San Diego area every summer.
Speaker 7: Chris.
Speaker 5: I want to bring something up, and I think you've mentioned it before on Twitter, but we're in college football and maybe you've caught onto this story about LSU trying to be every Listen, everybody's trying to be creative to generate money besides just leaning on the same boosters for their player budget and big tom college you know, big college athletic football and basketball programs. And some people want to label it a private equity. It's not a traditional private equity, but it's sort of a it's a tell us about the Boston Celtics ownership arrangement where there's some private equity, but they're supposed to not have a whole lot of say so in the operations apartment of it. I believe that's right to fill us in on that.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So basically, they had a figurehead, the Chisholm character, big longtime Celtics fan. He was part of a you know, private equity group, but he is the faith of the franchise. Now, does he have six billion dollars per se? No, But what they did was they raised money through the private equity company that he worked for. This was basically illegal. It wasn't supposed to be able to happen. But the way they circumvented it because he worked for the private equity company, or he was a CEO or CFO, he was a higher up. They said that he would be the face of it with some of his money, but he didn't have enough money, and you were able to you were able to sell like a percentage, like a lower percentage, say like twenty five percent to private equity for your franchise. They agreed to that. He basically had like ten percent, but then they gifted him the shares back. So there's like a it's like a complicated stock deal where a company will come out and they'll have this preferred stock and they basically get paid before anyone else who actually buys the regular stock down the road. So there was a lot of questionable calls here. And then the private equity, like you said, it's not supposed to be involved, but it seems like they share are involved, as the moves they've made seem to be cost cuttings seem to be they don't want to sign the big deal. You know, they traded away some guys two years ago to get under the apron, which I understand because being above the apron the second apron is just you know, that's just a catastrophic thing. You can't be paying you know, twice as much for the same players, so you're gonna get under that. So they got under that Apron. They didn't want to sign Brown to the extra extension. They're going with Tatum. I'm not sure where that's gonna end up, but I know they have big problems because they don't own the arena. They don't get any of the concessions, they don't get any of the parking. So there's rumors that're trying to build a new waterfront arena on South Station right behind the train depot there coming up on Atlantic cap. Whether that happens or not, they kind of need to do it. And when I said that at first, when they when they paid this money for the team, I thought it made no sense to spend all that money without owning the arena and all those contracts coming up. So, you know, maybe it's more of a private equity deal. It's definitely not that guy owning the.
Speaker 5: Celtics by himself, Charlie. So this is whatever everywhere, the private equity is kind of a four letter word, you know for a lot of the boosters and things like this. You know, I think you're what you're trying to say, and maybe LSU's trying to sell is or no, this is not. And so but maybe the big difference is the control aspect, and how can you keep sort of your funding not in a control an impact on the operations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I got to put this on a five by card, the way I would explain it is LSU is not selling equity in LSU. They are selling equity in their broadcast media RTEs. Okay, And so this LLC that's being opened up is allowing people to in. This is the way I understand. I wasn't the meeting. You are allowed to invest in this LLC that is dependent on its gains on the new media deal that will be signed after the twenty thirty season. So you're talking before the twenty thirty season, so you you have a chime. That's why they'm saying, we're not asking for your money, We're resting for an investment. You will get a return on investment. LSU will have write a first refusal to buy back this investment. If you choose to sell it after five years, it will come with no This investment will come with absolutely no say so in any administrative decisions at LSU or any expenditures. You will be investing in this LLC that is spearheaded by LSU's media rights and has the opportunity to invest in other outside companies.
Speaker 8: Chris, That's all fine and dandy until one guy puts up, you know, two million dollars and then he's gonna want saying who the quarterback is and who who the left tackle is?
Speaker 6: And you know, I mean if they're paying, if they're paying the freight they want to have, you know, like like Bill Passels used to say, is you know, if you want if you want me to cook the dead, are you might as well let me shop for the grocery.
Speaker 4: So this deal is supposed to all of that. So, yes, there's a lot of questions to be answered. There's no questions there are already.
Speaker 5: People give any more than that that that have not in the past. To be frank that they don't.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 4: They're not certain about the tax ramlifications at that point, which to me is one of the biggest questions that remains to be answered.
Speaker 5: They aren't they Hey, contact they are. I'll bring up something.
Speaker 6: That no one's probably no one's probably thinking about it all. But if you've noticed the last three months since the NBA Finals have ended, ESPN is basically out of business. They have no programming. They are running uh little League softball, crazy like bad costs. Just they don't have any programming. And I'm not sure how sustainable it is for a major network to go three three and a half months with no programming. I'm not sure after this next contract for the football, like the game is even going to be on ESPN, is ESPN going to exist? And when and when you're talking about people buying into an LLC for media rights, you know, I just questioned where where the where the ESPN model is. You know, they're already sold off so many of their games to TNT and Turner and CBS that that you know conglomerate as well. I just I just see major problems for the ESPN. You have the fights all the time with direct TV doesn't want to pay, or YouTube doesn't want to pay, or this one doesn't want to pay to put ESPN on because they're charging so much. And if it wasn't for an NFL and college foot I mean obviously college football, college basketball, NFL, but they don't have anything else on. I mean, no one watches the programming during the day anymore. And this last three and a half months, you walk into a sports bar, everyone just defaults to ESPN. Well, hello, there's no nothing on ESPN the last three and a half months. So I just find it interesting that you're bringing up a marketing deal for for for television or radio rights and just in the big picture, I don't know where ESPN said in the future.
Speaker 4: You say that while we're watching Kickball on Espno, I'm not joking. But to answer your question, Chris, it may not be in Certainly, ESPN in twenty thirty is not going to look like they do now. But now you're talking about Amazon, now you're talking about Apple. Those those entities are going to come into play for sports broadcasting more and more, not less and less. So, yeah, you make a point about ESPN, You're you're right, but that media rights deal in twenty thirty is going to be a hefty deal.
Speaker 5: All right, mister skeptical. How about your Boston Red Sox. I'm fifteen in a row now, what is it? Eight in a row?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: Nine in a row? I would do thirty one and five, thirty one six? What is it now? What are we up to?
Speaker 6: Yeah, thirty one, thirty one and five. You know, one of the third best records in the twenty first century over a thirty six game period or most wins in a thirty sixteen period. It's incredible, and you know, sometimes your timing is right, and I'm glad. I'm glad we discussed it the day before you came out on the trip as we locked in thirty to one on the Red Sox win the American League. I have a multitude of future poloys with the Red Sox American League, with some college football in the NFL, and I actually have one with a division it's at twenty five to one. I mean, it's still a launcher. It's amazing the run that the Red Sox have been on over the past a month and a half. And they're still in third place, so there's still a long way to go. Tampus played, Tampas played well. The Yankees. The Yankees ship seems to be sinking. They can't score many runs and pitchings kept a minute. I'm all in again. You know, they sucked me in. The team's fun, likable team, great bullpen, although last night the bullpen was shaky. But and they're saying there some rumorus Kochet could come back to pitch and relief, which I was mentioning the other day. So I'm hoping that right.
Speaker 5: So what do we attribute this to most got it? This is a two part question here. First of all, on Saturday, June twenty seventh, I mean, Garret Cole is on fire since he comes back in Yoshida bottom of the first solo home run, Siegler second in in home run, Contrera's doubles, Gorn you know, a two run double. I mean they chase, uh, they chase Garritt Cole early, and it was maybe sparked by those baby blue and light yellow unis that day. Huh, the alter unis. Do you give any any credit? You noticed?
Speaker 6: Have you noticed they they haven't won tho as much as much of late. I hope they go away forever. I'm sure they'll I'll sure they'll break them out again. I will say this, Cole always has trouble at side way pok. So that was the initial spot they needed. Then they just went on that tremendous pitching performance. And that's three nights limiting the Yankees to three hits or less through through nine innings, and all those games they had the crazy win on an extras on Sunday Night Baseball, they swept all the first place team sixteenth Street Games. It's some crazy record. I attributed to two things. You know, maybe Cora had a you know, his voice was tired in the clubhouse. I think he babied certain guys, wasn't you know, wasn't you know it wasn't exactly the hero that he was when he you know, won the World Series in twenty eighteen. So the changing of Cora was obviously one. But the getting rid of or moving on and putting the you know, the top prospects on notice, sending Room and Anthony down to Fort Myers in the middle of the summer where it's a one hundred degrees and one hundred percent of humidity, you know, to work on his thumb or whatever, getting him out of the clubhouse, getting him out of Boston. And then you know, I mean they ship Meyer off in the trade deadline. But those two guys, you know, they were the anointed ones, the top prospects, spending a lot of time pottying in Boston, not concerned about rehabbing from their injuries. And I think it's just a combination of those two things, you know, moving off from Cora, sending the two feenom prospects, you know, separating them and getting him out of the clubhouse and moving them, moving on from them, and just getting everyone to play together.
Speaker 5: You're talking about a lot of administrative moves ownership. Yeah, Charlie. Good thing the Red Sox didn't sell the John hit. He's popular again, grit.
Speaker 6: He's still not see him. Did you see him in the Owner's book last night? He looked like death formed over My God, Get the guy from the sun.
Speaker 5: He's not insandy.
Speaker 6: He owned He owned the Florida Marlins for years. The guy has a super yacht. Get out there in the sun, buddy.
Speaker 5: But you were telling him sell the team.
Speaker 6: Tell you the funniest thing going, Hey, the funniest thing going is that David Dave Portnoy has four hundred thousand towels with John Henry with the clown noise nose on. That says, sell the team. And he hasn't been able to distribute him because since he made him, they've won thirty one out of thirty six.
Speaker 5: Beautiful, there you go, and he picks before we go we're up against the break.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's one one one. I like tonight. I like over first five Red Sox two and a half runs minus one twenty to get going up against Perkins, who pitched well against them last time, but Perkins has been a nightmare. Gives up a bunch of home runs. I think the warm Aaron Fenway and the familiarity of States again last week out in Sacramento, We'll give the Red Flocks enough to get over two and a half in the first five.
Speaker 5: Thank you, sir, We'll talk to you next week. I'll be appreciated this. Don't forget our friends at at the Legacy Title Chad Reynolds A Legacy title for all of your real estate closing Student nine six double oh six oh. Full service title company servicing all the South Louisiana. Ashley Donald Day Drink a lot of Michael Plattmery and Hanes. Natalie and Bradford Smith are great. Outstanding team over at Legacy Title Chad Reynolds A Legacy Title two nine six double oh six oh.
Speaker 4: Live at Rafinos, Live at Lunch one four five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 1: I've had lunch with on Hanny from Rufinos on Highland Road on one of four five ESPN Batton.
Speaker 4: Rouge and we can always get the show on demand one four to five ESPN dot com Louisiana Sports dot ned brought to you by Supreme Rice support all Louisiana farmers celebrating ninety years in business here in twenty twenty six. For more information, go to Supreme Rice dot com.
Speaker 5: Let's go to a CLIPS Award winning Michael Baychok to kind of shed us some light, tell us what's going on, kind of explain what's going on between Nira Churchill, Downs, prem Lico and the Triple Crown. Michael, how are you?
Speaker 9: I'm great? How are you guys today?
Speaker 3: Doing? Good? Man?
Speaker 5: We miss you? And del mar I mean, yeah, I'm missing it.
Speaker 9: I missed it too. I was down here in one hundred degree one hundred and ten degrees heat and y'all are out there and are throwing on sweaters at five o'clock.
Speaker 3: After what's this y'all stuff?
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 3: You hurt?
Speaker 5: My intro explain we touched on it a little bit yesterday, but fill us in what is this a cat? Miles's negotiations and Fox got squeezed out to pimblic or NBC have any power? And is this the thing? And you know it's you know now? Is it the Belmontsern? Is this set in Stone where the pimblic go has been to running Pritnans three weeks after higher percentage to get the Derby winner there, and is the Belmont going to adjust.
Speaker 9: A lot of questions.
Speaker 5: I know, I think I'm wanted a.
Speaker 9: Time first, just to kind of set the stage. You know, there's been so much talk over the past, especially the last two years, because the Derby winner has not run in the preness, which you know was in the past. It happened every I don't know, five ten years, you know, when the Derby winter wouldn't run in the pregnance for different reasons, but two years in a row, you know, kind of threw a shockwave through the industry and so the talk was always, you know, you need to move the freakness, which is two weeks after the Derby to maybe three weeks after to give horses up, you know, another week to recover, which is what the excuse of the trainers who had Derby winners would say. So that was not gonna apparently happen. So Churchill Downs about two or three months ago was notified that they had they had the rights to there, to the merchandising and the television rights, so they had an option to buy if Maryland did not exercise their option. Two months ago, Maryland exercised their option the state of Maryland to basically retain the Preaknous rights. Well at that time, then the big company, which is Churchill downs their for profit corporation publicly listed stock trade. The company basically had to make a move and say, okay, how do we enhance the value again of our property now that we've lost the rights to the Preakness, which we wanted to control the whole as much as the trip of crowns we could, and they Nyra the Belmont formed a partnership and formed a new series of races for three year olds with a five million dollar bonus. I believe it's six races over the course of the summer and the fall, and if you come up with the most points in that series, you're going to win five million dollars, which put the Printness in a pretty bad spot because now you're offering you know, not only huge persons for a series of races individually, but also at the end of that five million dollar bonus, Well, any horse owner you know, worth their stalls who wants to make money would probably not want to run into previous because there's so much money at the end of the rainbow, and you we've discussed before. To me, there's really hardly any value over the past few years of running in the pretinous because the value you're only kind of diminishing your value if you lose, right, and then you're you're taking you're taking a race off the table for your horse. Your horse only has so many races to run in his career, and you're basically taking one off and saying, you know, we're gonna waste this race. That's kind of the decision to Sovereignty, the owners of Sovereignty and the owners of Golden Tempo basically made this year. It's like, why are we wasting a race on the pregnous when wet the Belmont? Yeah, the Triple Crown, but the Triple Crown. Getting the Triple Crown is not worth post race career monetarily what it used to be. Winning the Derby and winning the Belmont together is worth just as much as winning the Triple Crown. Maybe that might be overstating it. It may not be worth as much, but it's negligible. So there's no value in running in the pregnant, So the pregnance had to do something, so they moved this week. They moved their race to three weeks after the derby, and they're gonna run it on a Sunday, and they have NBC rights, which NBC had the rights. Way, So the Triple Crown, you know, in its previous form, does not really exist anymore, except for the fact that there are three races in a uh what is it, two five eight week span now that still constitute the Triple Crown. But the pregnance has moved back a week. The Belmont, I don't believe has moved So the Belmont will be run three weeks after, three weeks after the pregnance.
Speaker 6: So you know, I don't think.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, wait, Michael, Michael, wait two weeks right, no, no, now now two weeks now.
Speaker 3: It's still five weeks door to door for the three races.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, okay, So so I don't think the pregnance is really like the uh track has done anything to attract the derby winner, because the derby winner really wants to run now in the bell On and it has for years wanted to run into Belmont. So it's a mess. It's a total mess. It's a symptom of just the industry partners and people, well they're not partners really, they're competitors. And you know, there is no for the general good like there is in college football or pro basket, pro pro sports, you know, where there's a commissioner that's going to sit down and say, you know, tell this team or this that team or this conference of that conference to do what they what they should and shouldn't do.
Speaker 5: So no chance of the Belmont moving back a week now.
Speaker 9: I think it messes up their entire other schedule of the new.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we're going to see who wins out. We're going to see who wins out. Now that it's it's more enticing for the Derby winner to run in the Preakness eight days later than it has been. But also this five million dollar perse about winning this sixth series. You know, between Bellmont, Saratoga and Churchill Down.
Speaker 4: If you can run the Derby, the Belmont and the Travers would be next in this sixth race series, Dandy Travers. Okay to Jim Dandy, then you got no room for the Preakness. You gotta run the Pregnance of the bellm But you're not gonna run both and if you're gonna get that and get that. But you know, and there's more money in the Belmont than there is in the Preakness.
Speaker 9: Well, there's more money. I don't know what the person. The person may be the same, but there's why I.
Speaker 4: Mean the individual persons, Michael. I meant you know, if you if you win the Belmont, you're you're going towards this five million dollar bonus. If you win the Preakness, even if the Preakness individual person is worth more money, you're more incentivized to running the Belmont because you're gonna be up for this bonus.
Speaker 9: And you're also the breeding rights for winning, like to win the Belmont, whether or not you win the pregnance or not, like if you don't, I'm not sorry. Whether you win the Derby or not, Winning the Belmont is much more valuable to the breeding shit post racing career than when. So if you had to choose right and you have a horse that you think is really good, oh, do I want to waste the race on the previous or do I want to waste it on the Belmont. The goal at the end of the rainbow is the Belmont. It's not the Preakness, you know, so because if you win the Belmont, it's really kind of like the third race, you know too, after the Breeders Cup Classic in the Derby. I mean it's like that is a signal that your horse is worth a lot in the breeding ship. The preak Mistakes has never been a place where, oh, man, that sire won the Preakness, let's go, let's go breed our horse to him, you.
Speaker 3: Know, because you're bred for distance? Is that? Is that why?
Speaker 9: Because you doesn't have this Yes, yeah, speed and distance. I mean winning a mile and a half is the speed distance race. People think it's my famine a race, but it's it's it's both.
Speaker 5: Michael in sixty seconds or less. What's what's the status of the fair grounds with Churchill?
Speaker 9: Downs great, we're gonna they've come to some agreement. They got some money this year from the from the state. Uh that Churchill has not put the track up for sale. They have put about six of their other properties up for sale, and so it was a good sign that about a month ago when Churchill announced that they had six properties, some of them racetracks, that they're trying to sell Fairgrounds was not in that group. So that means there's some sort of commitment to racing at the fairgrounds, and the state has supplemented for one year. It's a one year thing, some of the persons. So you know, we're gonna have racing at the Fairgrounds this year, and it's going to be good. It's going to be really good. And yeah, I mean, I do not I do not have a picture a big racing day, big racing day tomorrow, the Whitney. I think it's the Whitney Day at Saratoga.
Speaker 5: Yes it is, it is. Yeah, yeah, it's a really good race, really good race. Give credit, give thirty four dollars exam but you ah, yes, indeed, but with the winner yesterday, I Michael good stuff Man will be in touch, keep us abreast on all this time. Yes, indeed, don't forget our friends over at United Community Bank, the local way to bank big with locations from Baton Rouge to go to Meadow. We've been serving the people of southern Louisiana for over fifty years. Man. You know, I got their newest location, the relatively newest location, it's not new anymore, but on Burbank and Blue Bonnet got an account there and people are so pleasant to deal with. And you know, if you own a business and you need some banking done to you, We've got a great team of bankers at United Community Bank, Keith Mere, Nicole Glover, Hunter Creed, David Campbell and David Henry Prentice Wilkes United Community Bank. Remember FDI I see Equal Housing.
Speaker 4: Lender Livedrafinos Live at Lunch twenty four five ESPN VE.
Speaker 1: At Lunch with Dot Hanny from Rufinos on Highland Road on one of four five ESPN Daden Rush.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow Drew Brees will be officially inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So a pretty cool visual this morning. And our friend Todd Graves, who has done this for LSU Championships, extended the same thing to Drew Brees, which is we've seen the baseball football, women's basketball champions you know they go work a day at Keynes, they go work the drive through for an hour and it's a cool promotional stunt and everything that they do well.
Speaker 3: He let Drew Brees go work.
Speaker 4: The the drive through in Canton today for at Cayne's, So that was cool. But he had some surprise visitors this morning, Ricky Jackson, Willie Rove, and Martin Anderson all showed up in their in their gold to greet him. It was a really cool visual to see the four Hall of Famers, the three that are in and Breeze going in tomorrow. Uh, so cool on top, we wanted that together Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: Do they because you saw some Hall of Famers roaming around the stadium and I watched the whole game last night won for Breeze and then the game was off the charts entertaining for a Hall of Fame game. But I'm wondering, what do they do they pay for all of the Hall of Fame members for the calm, yeah, you know, or just the invited them all. I mean we're getting into a big number with a four hundred now or something like that, so I mean just the but that is is so rare. This is only the fourth for the Saints. And he is he's the he's the he's the back dad, he's the best Saint.
Speaker 3: He's the first one, first ballot guy.
Speaker 5: First ballot, which I mean, he's the best Saint ever. Period. I mean it's not it's not not close. And but that's cool. Ricky get velut there. Yeah, those those those are great.
Speaker 4: Morten Anderson said, okay, you got you get twenty minutes your speech, twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: That's it. You got to keep it under twenty.
Speaker 5: Minutes with that's with Peyton and him combined his part. I think his part on yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: And Peyton I think taped the introduction that's going to play on the big video boards and then he's gonna go up there with him. They wanted to they want to get it right, so they taped it.
Speaker 3: Peyton okay.
Speaker 5: So I wanted to make sure because yeah, he did listen, and I can speak from experience, I mean, when you're emotionally involved, I mean you don't, you don't get every word that you want to go mess it up. So he wanted to want to take the emotion out and kind of make sure he that's you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, looking forward to that tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: The Hall of Fame broadcast on ESPN is scheduled for eleven to one thirty. I'm not sure exactly what time Breeze is going to.
Speaker 5: Speak, but you enjoy the kind of the conversations, yes, any kind of all of them. But of course with breeze. And the one that sticks out to me, Charlie is when he said, man, we spent so much time together, so much much preparation, me and Peyton, and when he's calling to play, he's baby a tenth of the way in and they're like, Oh, I know what he's calling, and I know why he's calling it.
Speaker 3: Village.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those two guys, they redefined an whole era in New Orleans. Couldn't couldn't be two more important people to the history of the New Orleans Saints than than those two. Be cool to see him tomorrow live at Rafinos Live at Lunch one O four five ESPN.
Speaker 7: Baton Rouge.
Speaker 1: He's out there somewhere in the world, maybe even your local sportsbook.
Speaker 6: Why can anybody help us?
Speaker 1: Let's bring in Bruce Marshall.
Speaker 3: And we return here at Rafinos Live at lunch.
Speaker 5: It's time to make Bruce hungry. Carry carry on our appetizers features today here at Raffinos, in addition to our regular Friday lunchmen use the fried corn ribs. Fried corn ribs of the Latin spiced agivieid toasted panco crusting, the shrimp and eggplant piro. It's a small boat there Bruce may be confused with the with the canoe. Is that fair?
Speaker 3: Sure? Sure?
Speaker 5: Crispy eggplants, campy butter, crawfish, butter, bisk marinatea crawlfish and crunchy onions, Tomato and arugula salad, the sherry vinegarrette, cornfee, tomato, pickled ultra and feta entree features the confite duck leg white bean castle, a raspberry serrano glazed er boil, crunchy onion suggested. Wine pearing as an archery summoned peanut noir out of William Atte Valley, grouper a la plancha, roasted corn, salsa, Sizon potatoes, Romesco wine pearing is a paygu chartney at a nappa in a raffinos boulabase tailong, Louisiana shrimp, little neck clams, lobster, parmador, red potato. Suggested one pairings Sente me margarito, pino grigio out of Italy. How you doing, Bruce?
Speaker 6: You're back?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm back, Yes I'm bad. Yes I'm back, I hope.
Speaker 10: But keep that Gavin loose and T shirt in California. Don't worry down home man, Jimmy's.
Speaker 3: Very political, Bruce.
Speaker 5: You know, I may have spent one hundred, one hundred and fifty nights in uh the San Diego, California area. You know how many political conversations I've engaged in. I've got the over under on a half. I'm taking under. Yes, yes, it's minus one eighty yes, yes, so yeah, del Mari is different, isn't it? But it's it's it's a little to me, man, it's a little slice of heaven. I think it's really a great town, a great brand town. So anyway, what uh get us caught up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Well? What what you're thinking here? Well? I mean we do are we were? We do we have the conclusion of the World Cup? Or we back at square one? I mean it was just did we give up all the momentum that we earned? How about the Hall of Fame game?
Speaker 3: Geez?
Speaker 5: So much from my under angle in in Canalis, Mark Kanalis, Dave canw What the hell was his first name? Darg Yes, Dave so Dave? Maybe Mark been called a place last night that anyway, you know, they only scored three, three, ten, twelve and thirty one games in six previous preseason games, and they go scored thirty three. It might have been highest scoring Hall of Fame games. It's the sixties, geez, that was not a typical Hall of Fame game. I don't know where you want to start, Brucy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well we'll click on the World Cup. Since then, and to talk to you about that, Sincenana, Yeah, the right team one. Since then, Arasio Pino has re signed with the US on a long deal. I mean I didn't I thought that was sort of a long s. I still don't know that he's the right choice. A little too prosaic, and I think that was proven in that match against Belgium. But they're throwing a lot of money at him, and it's a lot less pressure than he'd be feeling in the club side in Europe, where things happened crazily. I mean, we're got Newcastle, I mean the coach just resigned, I mean either of the season. So I mean stuff happens like that, and so I don't blame Pochaccino for taking easy money that I don't know that he is the right choice whatever. Last night, yeah, I was another one of those thinking the under us a way to go. You know, they hadn't had last year they scored. There was forty one points scored in that Charger Lion of Hall of Fame game. That was the most in a dozen years in a Hall of Fame game, and before that you had to go back seventeen years before you found another game that high scoring. But generally they have been lower scoring games, and these teams in recent years have not in recent preseasons have not done much. But I think we saw a couple of things. And I don't want to overreact to one preseason game, especially the first one in the Hall of Fame. But James King is eventually going to be the Panthers quarterback, and people are going to look around and say, why wasn't this guy drafted. The Panthers had their eye on him, and they went out and signed him almost immediately after the draft ended. Brought him in as a free agent, but they had their eye on him. And I still maintain had he been at Indiana last year, I still didn't get he had a wins the national title and he might have won the Heisman. It's just a matter. I mean, the perception of this stuff in the NFL GM group think gets things wrong a lot, and I think they got one totally wrong on this kid. I think he's going to beat Bryce Young out eventually, not at the start, pretty will eventually, and they really haven't. They haven't committed fully the Young yet, you know, beyond this year. So and we'll see how that works. On the other side, Carson Beck, again, I don't want to get cleared away with the first the Hall of Fame game. He looks poised, he looks like everything the Cardinals want hearing from camp about them. Broussette is a bridge quarterback and they do have him signed for this year. I don't think that's beyond this year for him, and I know Brissett. The stats did look so bad last year, but I think those were receiving because once he got that win over the Cowboys in that Monday night game, after he took over the starting job, they didn't win again the last two months of the season. And I think his record as a starter the last several years in the variety of teams is like eight and thirty one. He's not the answer. Carson Beck might be, and that's the situation. I could see him actually moving in before the season is over. He got a new coach and Michaelafloor. They're excited about that. Again, don't want to get carried away, but that's one of these situations. If the Cardinals are sitting at the five and you know, four and eight, you know, come around Thanksgiving, uh, trying to move back in the lineup. So I could see both those quarterbacks from last night eventually starting games in the NFL, maybe sooner rather than later.
Speaker 5: That's interesting. You think you think that Haines King is the guy to because Charlie and I will kind of have a discussion about, you know, who do we take more for? And Haines King and Beck could not have looked any better. Okay, he looked comfortable. He's got three year starting experience. I think if he had one year, we look completely different. And he also played in Miami in a progression offense. Give Shannon Dawson, you know, local guy, some some credit for prepared I think it. I think we think the Titans quarterback is going to be I mean he's gonna he's gonna be a long term starter. I mean, A's a Beck. I mean, so part of this and we'll have to see with Mensa, you know, coming through that system, it's sort of a progression instead of the Reid option kind of you know, running, it's a different it's a pro style offense, a pro style preparatory offense that we're seeing with Miami at this stage. But I thought Haines King, who was asked completely to do something completely different last night than what he did as Georgia Tech career. But god, he looked comfortable throwing from the point. I know he scored the winning touchdown on a run, but he was not unsettled in the pocket. One look, I thought, I thought, man, he might have a chance, and then you know, because but he showed no signs that he might be prepared as a de to throw from the pocket and what they were asking him to do with Georgia Tech.
Speaker 10: Bruce, Yeah, you're right, and that you made a good point there the comforting. They didn't look rattled at all. I mean, he knows how to play football. I mean that's we saw a difference. And he looked at Kenny Pickett' staff, So I look so bad last night. But he didn't look nearly as impressive as King, and I think the King will eventually supplied him as the backup at the start of the season. Wanted to do King, and you know, the emergency quarterback at the start. Ticket's a great example. Picket had one good year at TIT and got everybody excited about and Steelers put a first round pick on him. Didn't work. And I maintain that has put the Steelers back several years because that was supposed to be the guy to take Ben Roethlisberger's place. He didn't cut it, and they've been scrambling around with different quarterbacks and they're bringing Rogers back for another year. It's it's it's didn't work. Pickett is just not as comfortable as King. I think we saw that least saying. I think King reminds me a bit a little bit of bow Knicks actually similar stuff. I was talking to Gretton Oridsworth about that.
Speaker 5: It almost in comparison.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he almost likes King a bit more. He thinks Nick says a little bit of a wonky throw delivery, and he sort of does. He's working with Sean Payton, so that's good for him. But no, I think King is is going to be fine. And I'm interested to see how this evolves in Carolina too with Bryce Young, because like I said, they're sort of committing to him, but then that door open. I don't think they've extended that contract yet or the way Young they're Yeah, yeah, I don't think beyond another year. I think King by next year is going to be their quarterback. We will see.
Speaker 4: Well, hang on a second. They didn't go long term with him, but they did commit to the fifth year on Bryce Young. So he's under contract this year, and.
Speaker 5: They what they want to kick. They want to see more.
Speaker 4: I don't know that he's going to get a chance while Bryce Young is under contract, unless he just completely throws up on himself.
Speaker 5: No, they want to see more on the Young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, yes, So you're under contract for twelve million this year, it's twenty six next year. That's on the books, that's committed for Carolina.
Speaker 5: And the money invested usually is they're going to give, They're going to gage or yes, yeah, yeah, every chance. You know your words. But I think bo Nicks is a great and I'll expand upon your point, Bruce, is that because they're both such good runners, and the best runners are the hardest ones to get settled into pocket.
Speaker 3: It just are.
Speaker 5: But bo Nicks and and uh and she's a blank. Now I'm getting old Bruce, he so much. How did you remyb able to retain memories so much better than me in the long Yes, fair enough so the uh But anyway, they both they both want to run, they're both fidgeting in that pocket, and they both have been settled down. But this was one game and no love, Bruce, I don't know what the percentage of quarterback play in preseason translates to the regular season. We talked about a couple. We saw Russell Wilson do it, We saw Dak Prescott do it and boom and they they would they were, they were stars in the preseason and translate. We've seen so many others where it's just garbage because they're trying to evaluate talent as far as you know, on the defensive side, as opposed to trying to out scheme and confuse the opposing quarterback.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's the thing. I mean, you're not sure what they're facing here, and they're experimenting on defense too, So we you know, I've got to pump the brakes a little bit on what we say all last night back to young. I mean, this was the year though, and if they wanted to commit to this is the year you go longer term on. I'm not just extend the one more year, which I think that you know, the Niners have brought thirty and others. If they would convince Young was the guy, they wouldn't have just added that one more year. They sort of had to do that now. And just because he's he's young the books doesn't mean he's going to start next year. You know, if if they don't think he's the guy, if they fall flat this year with Young at quarterback, then I say he's not. Doesn't matter the contract, he won't be the guy next year. So we got to, you know, keep an eye on that too. By the way, one other thing about haines Kin. You know he's one of those Jimbo guys and who was once playing at A and M. And Connor Wagman is still playing. I mean calzadawas there last year. You know, Max Johnson is still playing college football. He is at Georgia Southern this year. He's one of those guys who've been at A M, at Jimbo. This is his seventh season. He's twenty five years old and he's still playing college football. I think that's just me the cross that looking at the Sun Belt and like, oh my god, Georgia Southern Max Johnson. His career continues, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Brucey to the Paunch deal real quick. Twenty teams in the Premier League. How many other teams in those European leagues are comparable to Where?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 5: Where does Paunch fit? I don't know if it's thirty, if it's forty teams or whatever. But is he not one of the top thirty coaches in the world.
Speaker 10: You're talking about Pocino?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, Well no, I know he's got a short time job with the US. I mean, you know, the little little part time gig. But why is he not coveted or is he? And he just adds it's on.
Speaker 10: Oh no, he was, I mean and they were. I heard his people were talking to ac Milan and at the point, there was a point last spring Tottenham really wanted to bring him back. Now they ended up the timing wasn't right. They brought the Serbia and it was like the coach last year and they finally they avoided relegation. So now they're with him, but they had talked on him back to Todtenham. Things changed so much in European soccer. Big jobs open up all the time, and Pochettino would always be on a short list for any of those high profile jobs. But along with that comes enormous, enormous pressure. I mean, he had been at Chelsea, he had been at PSG. Didn't last very long at either of those, and they didn't do it. He didn't do all that badly, but I mean the pressure is this. This is a comfy gig at the US and he gets to stay here and it's not that demanding. So I think he just sort of looked at a lifestyle thing and said, you know, this is not a bad deal. I'm getting paid close to what I would overseas, and you're right, it's not as probably one of those top jobs in Europe, but it's not a bad job. And national team coaching is listen, Jurgen Klopf just came back out of sort of retirement. He had been at Liverpool, great success brush Gilpin before that, a couple of years off. Now he is Germany's national team coach. Perfect situation. The national team coach doesn't have to work quite as hard now as many games. It's a great lifestyle, so I think that played into it. But you're right. I mean, I mean there's other jobs he couldn't you He'll still be out a short list.
Speaker 5: Where would you rank him in the world as a top coach? I have no idea for fifty sixty. I don't know.
Speaker 10: Oh he'd be down my list. I don't have him listen in front of it. He wouldn't be one of my guys setting he's too prosaic. There's a lot of other managers I like be such him. But he did get to a Champions League finally with Tottenham. He does his style seems to play. It's it's kind of a flashy front front, foot forward style. I mean maybe a top fifty coach I think, But I mean the top fifty coach was you know, there's going to always be room there. There's a lot of turnover and coaches in Europe. That's for sure. He'd get a shot. But stability too, I mean, he doesn't have to worry I think for the next four years. And that's there's something to be said for that too.
Speaker 5: All right, the Dodgers pick up school, well, we know with the impact he's going to have on the negotiation or was that ret least we think? Would you and stuff like that. But they've lost six in a row. They're still plus one sixty that is not moved much at all during this losing streak. So the odds makers are almost baiting some Dodgers support right now. They will be tough to beat. Adding Schooble in the postseason. The tricky one which has gotten him in the past is that five game short game short series, and they also wiggled out of one, but basically put pitching openers in that game for a pet go when they were down to one an elimination game against the San Diego Padres, which be tempted to take the Dodgers at plus one sixty.
Speaker 10: Now because I hate them, so I won't do it.
Speaker 5: So the brutes.
Speaker 10: Of being brutally honest. But let me just let me offer one thing here. I know that this this tremendous. You know about schoobl I know how good he is, but you're still talking to about a guy who pitches six innings maybe at best, every fourth game. He's not going to be the reason they win the World Series. Uh, They're gonna have to get Snell and Glass snow back. Now. Snell is coming close to his rehab By the way, I think it's a little curious. I mean, he had They do this every year, and I know Snell had a little, you know, elbow, get some loose particles out of there. He had one start. It's like they could have done this back in February. I think it's just my own thinking the dot once again, your sets, you know, bring Snell back late in the season. He's not that durable, but you can get a couple of months out of him. And now you ramp him up for October. They hope to get glass snow back. They hope to get showy in the mound at least, so Dodger fan saying, look, these are not the pitchers generally who have been pitching. You won't see she and you won't see lower pitching in the playoffs. But I'm loving this team here, and I think you can pitch around ready and and show he limit their damage if you can. I don't know about the rest of that land up. Lukie's looking a little old here, that is my thought. And they look pretty mortal. And by the way, they are now into the wild card round. If they no longer have the best record, they're number three, and that forces them into I mean they may. That would be Arizona, which they play this weekend, which is a winning record against the Dodgers the last couple of years of the Phillies. Maybe some team like that in a short, short series. I wouldn't want to face the Phillies with Sanchez, Wheeler and Lozardo coming at me one, two, three.
Speaker 5: No, they better.
Speaker 10: You know, you don't want to get in that wildcard run if you don't have to. And right now they're in that, so they better pick it up quick. And they need to get Smell and glassnow back pretty soon because these other pictures in the rotation. Even with scooboy, he's only one guy.
Speaker 6: You need some more help.
Speaker 10: And I think they need those big arms to come back sooner than later.
Speaker 5: Very interesting. All right, We appreciate you, you know, handicapping with your heart. But anyway, anything full schedule makesor League Baseball tonight, anything.
Speaker 3: That you like.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, I think they're almost have to look at the Red Sox to get again. I do it in a run line. It's not that bad of a price against the A's, who completely collapsed thirty two out of thirty nine, losing for the A's the other side is one thirty one to thirty six. I don't think we've seen two two more different when low streaks collide like this in a long time. They did play last week in Sacramento and that's Alaskia and the Red Sox lost, but Payton tole goes Tonight Perkins for the A's, he's really struggled. I did it on the run line. Maybe with them, I would, you know, Tampa Seattle is really having trouble and I haven't looked this morning. And Dan Wilson's got to be listen. They had to hire John Tortorella like the Golden Knights did down the stretch. Maybe they need him to shake it up because Seattle was just underachieving badly. Tampa Bay comes in off a sweep at the Denver and Drew Matt Rasmusen has been pitching lights out. That's a short price with Tampa Bay, and I might look at that one other one. Saint Louis Kyle Lahy bullpen guy. The last few years that he's been like the hottest nationallyge pitcher this summer is era is one point twenty one is last seven starts he has been under the radar. Good now. The Cardinals have lost his last three starts because they haven't scored any runs, and that's only some risk with them. I'm not sure about Jordan Walker, who's going to play tonight, but he's pitching so well. They are not out of the wild card race. Eater, I'm only three and a half back in Colorado, comes in with the worst road record in the Biggs and Ryan Felder with an A nine since the start of July. This is a night I could actually do it with the Cardinals on the run line about plus one thirty five or so with may He yet Bush first.
Speaker 5: Great stuff. As always, buddy, we appreciate it. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 10: Have a good week boys.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and we are brought to you in part by the Thibodaux Store along with the Pierre Port Store now open in Larrose and a Lockport. Your lawn and garden and your outdoor household appliances from pressure washers to garden hoses, hand tools for your garden, potting saws, steaters and spreaders, all of you, your weed killers, you fertilizers, basically if you're working outside. As we get ready to go back to school. Your specials are on right now at D Thibodaus Store dot com. When you get to all four of the websites, all four of the locations at one website, D Thibodaustore dot com nine hundred Saint Patrick Highway and Thibodeaux Highway seventy in Pierrepark, your home improvement projects can be guided by the experts at the Thibodeau's store. Asking for some help, They'll make sure you're not spending money on unneeded supplies and not wasting time on formats and procedures that don't work. They'll walk you through step by step. It's a lot better then watching a YouTube video. You'll be able to ask questions and get a little bit of guidance. Outdoor cooking equipment, especially your portable outdoor cooking equipment if your head towards tailgating is available also at D Thibodeau Store dot com. Openly five thirty pm live at Rafinos Live at Lunch one four five ESPN.
Speaker 3: Baton Rouge.
Speaker 1: Live at lunch with dot Hanny from Rufinos on Highland Road on one O four five ESPN. Batton Rouge.
Speaker 4: Back here at Rafinos Live at lunch also brought to you by Louisiana Health and Injury Centers.
Speaker 3: Helping you deal with pain.
Speaker 4: Doctor Michael Golf and his staff have done a fantastic job for our family over the years. If you got back pain, neck pain, muscle soreness, things that are keeping you from having a full range of motion, or maybe just keeping you from getting a good, nice sleep, let them help you out. They'll get those techniques and car get those problem areas. Whether it's a dry needle or electric nerve stimulation, cryer or ultrasound therapy, they can get you to feeling better. Airline Highway plank Crow Jefferson Highway near Drusilla. Doctor Michael Golf, Louisiana Health and Injury Centers, So LUs your practice was open last night. They're making a lot of practices open for a short period of time, So we got to be in there about twelve fifteen minutes or so last night. So I'm not going to be able to I'm not going to give you any earth shattering news here. I'm going to tell you a couple of things that I that I saw, and this is basically just when I go out there and look at them. The first time, you want to look at at body types. You want to see if there's been any you know, transformations. Anybody looks a lot different than they did the last time. There was one that you know, I saw that I think going as the most attention and it's a guy that we've talked a lot about in Richard Anderson. Richard Anderson worked with the first team yesterday. This is the defensive lineman on a car that I have been told for a long time is one of the best prospects to come out of New Orleans. And quite some time, the hyperbole gets to you in recruiting, so you kind of dismissed it a little bit of time to you actually see him, Well, this guy looks like a bona fide if he were if he were standing there just you know, just standing there in an NFL uniform, you wouldn't say that he was out of place.
Speaker 3: He came in.
Speaker 4: We we got updated heights and waits yesterday on the roster at about three hundred and sixty pounds. He was an early enroll ly, okay, Jimmy, you saw him in a high school game in a superdome last fall.
Speaker 5: Two games, two games, and where he was Catholic at Burma Stadium and then also against American Heritage.
Speaker 4: In the Superdome, right, yes, and somewhere in the area. Three hundred and sixty pounds sound about that's fair, right, Okay? Ye, he's listed at three hundred and thirty nine pounds, and he looked. I stood next to him in the spring, you know, when we got to go in there, and then again yesterday I had to look kind of across the field at him. He is, he's down a little bit of weight. They got him working with that first un it he's going to be a factor. I don't know if he's going to play the first snap of the first game or if he's going to be a rotational piece in the first game and then become a starter. But all I know is he's gonna play and he's going to make a difference because he is a gigantic human being, yes, and he's That's some athleticism for as big as he is.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing that a lot of people don't know about him. And you know, I've got a lot of content. You know, my dad at car and everything else. He played aau basketball, He logged a lot of time. What does that mean, well, when did it means? Your feet are pretty good. But he's so big. But and I'll compare him to a little big a guy like Al Woods. Now Woods played a much lower classification. Car played a very difficult schedule. But he wasn't not And I know the Catholic people listening right now, they're like, he killed us, like he he he.
Speaker 3: I don't know how anybody in high school blocked him, to be honest, with his heritage.
Speaker 5: Didn't do a bad job, really, yes, indeed, it was his impact on the game. The American heritage and the Catholic game were completely different, completely different. And I thought he was just a little high and American heritage. That's a hell of a program, man. Yeah, okay, and uh, I just I just saw different, a different impact in But the weight, Charlie, his frame is so thick. He can only he could only lose so much. I'm sorry. His his his his legs are just tree trunks, man. And that's and you thought it was good weight too. That he's lost. Yeah, so he doesn't look he doesn't look fat. And Osron's well, he was a little at three sixty, yeah, but he wouldn't have looked out of place in the NFL uniform him. No, last year before the weight last year.
Speaker 4: You know, he looked he looked like Ted Washington. You remember Ted Washington used to who was as big a human being. Yeah, but that's what we look like.
Speaker 5: It's not not not bad. I think he's a little taller maybe, but well yeah, I mean, but Osron and what is the deal with coaching and college athletes today? They're scared to coach him. I don't think the video, the little snippet I saw with Ojon on social media is on stage Bunny's trans I think Ozon is going to coach this guy is you know and so and so. I think he's got to improve on his technique. But he's got and he is this before and both of them are going to play. They're completely different. But he's a growing he doesn't have to physically matures to fine tune his body if he can. But he is in the rotation. How impactful it's a lot to ask, you know, a guy you go from high school to to the SEC. That's a lot. And we have not seen a big success rate as far as that. But he is part of the rotation. He is going to we help LSU and their defensive for this year.
Speaker 4: The other defensive lineman who's been in the starting lineup since the spring and continues to be there, and at this point I'm gonna be surprised if he's not starting against Clemson. And that sduce Gerald's two hundred and seventy nine pounds at six foot one. Okay, that's undersized for an interior defensive lineman in the SEC. If you can, if you can play, and it's not because they don't have other guys, if you can play at that weight and make enough of an impact to hold a starting job as a freshman, I'll make a baseball comparison for a second, Jimmy, when Steven Milin came in and he's all a five foot six. If he stands up real straight, it's like, and if you're five foot six and you're in the starting lineup and you're recruited by a school like LSU, you've turned some heads because they're gonna look for somebody bigger than you every time, every chance they get. So if you keep beating all those guys out at five foot six, it means you can play.
Speaker 3: Well. We know Milin can play.
Speaker 4: He's beating people out, and he keeps taking first team reps to two hundred and seventy nine pounds as a true freshman. They got it, and we've seen just a little bit. You can play, kay, you have overcome. You're not just being put out there on potential.
Speaker 5: You can I like that you can play. Yes, I agree. And as far as Lamar Brown, who's you know it was, you know, the highly recruited defensive lineman. I mean him and Anderson. The only thing is that they're considered dls and that's it. It's so pally. I mean, Lamar Brown can run, man, he can run, and so he's gonna use that that that quickness and that speed on the edge.
Speaker 4: You know he came into carries it well, Yeah, he does.
Speaker 5: My goodness, he looks thin, looks almost thin, I mean for for for for defensive lineman, Charlie and I saw him play offensive tackle. I saw him playing, you know, because I saw several uhigh games last year as well. You high played rumble in that double header down in the Dome before car Carr and American Heritage. But he carries it well, and he's they just have completely different bills. They're gonna have different, different skills sets, but I'd love to see them at one point.
Speaker 4: Next to each other soul in the uniform. In the uniform, standing there, he looks very much like Marcus Spears looked as a freshman. He maybe a little bit shorter. Spears was about two nights.
Speaker 5: I thought Spears was a stockier looking then. Then Speers was.
Speaker 3: About six foot three, six foot four, and that's about what Brown is. That's just what he looks like in the uniform. I did.
Speaker 5: I did. I did his game his senior year. I did in uh in the Dome against kent Wood.
Speaker 3: I didn't do that game I did.
Speaker 5: I think, I just sed I did. I got a different little bit of of I thought. I thought Spears was, and I know what he is now, and I know what he was later when he became defensive lineman and he you know. But and I did a bunch of both the state championship games against Arcadia, I thought he was bigger. I'm just sorry. I just thought it was thicker, thicker.
Speaker 4: What I remember was Spears was a little bit shorter than Marquis Hill, who was about six foot six. Those are the two ends, and Spears was probably about two inches shorter than him, which is about what Brown is.
Speaker 3: Now that's and I think it is six.
Speaker 5: Marcus height.
Speaker 3: Within half an inch or so. Yeah, okay, say.
Speaker 5: But I think he has more of when they were coming at this stage of their career, coming out of high school. You know, a true freshman at LSU. He reminds me of Bill Moore to Marque's Hill. Okay, yeah, that's I think he's more spears more than the No. No, I think Lamar Brown is closer. He reminds me physically and looking more of Marque's Hill than Marcus Spears.
Speaker 4: Okay, I would go the other way, but that's you know, the beauty is in the eye of beholder. The only other thing I would mention with the heights and waights is Jordan's seaton. And we did this back in the spring, but he came through the summer. He played a three hundred and thirty pounds at Colorado last year. According to their roster, he was in the three fifteen range, in three ten range. In the spring. He comes in he clucks into three oh seven. So he is in excellent shape. In his money one a year, yeah, contract year, one a year. Not that he's not making a bunch of money here, but he will make more money next year, I think when he goes to the NFL.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed, don't forget our friends at at Total Maintenance, Total Maintenance, My buddy Lucas or Goose and his great staff over at Total Maintenance. And that why I mentioned Lucas is because Lucas has been doing this, working in this industry as long as we have been working in ours, and so it's always good to have and he knows what it understands and he's worked at every position from top to bottom, technician to manager to owner, you know, the whole thing. When your AC needs repair, wouldn't it be nice to know the job is covered for life, Carl Total Maintenance four eight zero triple O seven and ask about our lifetime warranty on all repair work. That's right piece of mind long after the technician leaves your home. Total Maintenance, Way, Total Maintenance, your Total Life Saver four eight oh Triple O seven four eight oh triple O seven And TMAC dot com and the Elite Membership program is the way to go. Two hundred dollars signing bonus first of all that goes to tmbucks that's credit for when it's time to replace equipment, you use your TM bucks your credit and also half of your monthly fee goes to the two hundred means to add on to the two hundred dollars to save to put away, so you don't get that big ticket when you finally have to repair some equipment. So all of the services like two times per year, fifty percent off diagnostics, fifteen percent off all repairs. They come with a three year warranty sensor system that comes with an app to ote of five breakdown or faulty equipment before time it becomes more costly. The Elite Membership plan available at Total Maintenance four eight oh triple oh seven Live.
Speaker 3: At lunch for her Finos one four five ESPN Better.
Speaker 1: You had lunch with Dot Hanny from Rufinos on Highland Road on one of four FIVEPN Datton rouge.
Speaker 4: And return here at Rafinos Live at Lunch. Clemson also starting their preseason practice this week. They had their opening day on Wednesday, weigh and on Wednesday. Look, this is all camp stuff, so take it with a grain of salt. But Debla Sweeney said two things in his opening press conference. Number one, he's throwing out the depth chart. Is nobody's a starter, we'll just see it. It's open competition. Okay, that's fine. But the part about the quarterbacks did catch my attention. I'm expecting uh, Christopher Vezina to be the starter when.
Speaker 5: They come here. I did, and I saw all the c people.
Speaker 4: And I would be very surprised if that's not the case. But he did talk about Tate Reynolds and the reps that he's gonna get, and then okay, so it's fine. You want to you want to keep your alledged starter, your proposed starter on his toes, that's fine. And he says, hey, don't count o. The third guy, Rob Bradley, like, wait a minute. You're gonna give three quarterbacks reps here at the beginning of camp and the interest of competition. Okay, you can do that, but it comes at a cost when you're breaking in a new starter. I mean, Club Nick's been there as a starter for three seasons, so you're you're starting fresh. The Zena came out of the spring as the guy that had the lead. I don't know how long they're going to chop up reps over there. You said yesterday or the day before like, look, man, you're a quarterback making their first start on the road in Tiger Stadium. That's a tough spot. We're gone against freshman on the road for a while, san first time start. Excuse yeah, first time I.
Speaker 5: Started, and hostile environment, which I think that will be the case.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think you can say that with with a lot.
Speaker 3: No, he not only is he not a freshman, he is a senior.
Speaker 5: But you know, fellas he loses to Clemson, it will be hostile in a different direction.
Speaker 4: But true, Uh true, he's got in uh in two hundred in fourteen career games. He's got two hundred and thirty eight offensive snaps. Okay, that's over three year period, so this is not a whole lot of I think he did start one game as a sophomore when somebody was hurt, but it wasn't a kyklublic. He's been there for a while.
Speaker 3: He's been there for a long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this guy has no real experience.
Speaker 4: Club took over for for DJU, who, by the way, is still in the league on the on the charge of charges.
Speaker 3: Quarterback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, I think he's got more of a chance to be a tight end in a.
Speaker 4: Quarterback he's been, he's been a quarterback, so got no chance. You're you you're a little bit more plugged into Clemson than most just because of some friendships that you've made.
Speaker 5: It it's you know, the obvious is that Dabbo finally. You know when they were clemsoning quote unquote U they were you know, they were just so close, and it was it was frustrating because then it was a lot LSU's football history was a lot like that for a long long time that you know, right when you get to chance and then bam you get upset or you know. One of l s hu's biggest wins ever man the Orange Bowl Game. The Orange Game, the Orange is raining. You know, they could they clinch the winner Florida State. LSU was was going to, you know, get the Orange Bowl bid and it was second to last game of the season and they've beat him fifty five to twenty one. And it was the only time they Florida State in that five for none type of series. They're all at baton rus the only game they won and they lose as a twenty eight point favorite the next week to two lane. It's like, oh, we just get every time you get to a spot, you know, whether it's you know Gnardo mean, I mean, oh, you're a number six in the country and you're playing Georgia and man, what mean wait a minute, Clinty Carter starts twenty one for twenty one.
Speaker 3: How about after they beat number one Florida, they come back.
Speaker 5: Go o miss you know eleven thirty kick you know that whole bs and.
Speaker 3: So gave the whole spot how they had done that.
Speaker 5: Clempson, you know LSU fans, older LSU fans will know about the Clemson and can relate to it. And then they get they get it straight, they get their administration straight. The rad Kovich goes over there and restructures Diptay to where they start borrowing money instead of just relying on the money that they have saved up in bam A where they go and I mean, they're going in the prime of Nick Saban droond in Alabama. They're beating them, compete with them and beating them. And so I went to face them three times in a title game and beat them two out of three. Yeah, and then when they lost and they lost when they had the other quarterback down the Sugar Bowl, because I go to twenty four to six game or something like that. But the kid that went to Missouri for a little bit. But anyway, they finally and they changed the rules and he wait a minute, he spent all this effort restructuring the administration and the ip TA and everything else and bringing in better players, and all of a sudden, they change the rules and he doesn't want to adapt, and they all know it, and they're all tired of it, and they are up there frustrated with him that he is not being he's not embraced the new era. And the new era is different. It's way different. And one of the biggest deals at their quarterback for this year. They have a four year June fourth year junior in Vizino what's the name of Zenna Fasino and Razino like, wait, we are not high on him. We need to go get. The fans like, go get and compete with a transfer portal quarterback. Had they gone after a Mensa early and willing to pay his buyout, basically you know from Duke Man, it would have been a lot more excited, I have to believe. But he's sticking with this guy and he still has this stubbornness who's been more stubborn than Dabbos Sweeney in adjusting mind that it still has their job.
Speaker 3: In your opinions, he under real pressure this year, his job.
Speaker 5: And his when the athletic director oh to keep his job warm. If he had the arm, he was the same record that they had last year. They lost four or five games last year. What was it if if he lose five games, he might be going. I can't say for certain, but no, if he if they go seven and five, he's in jeopardy. Yes, concluding the bowl game.
Speaker 4: No, there's a bowl game six. They lost six. If you caught the bowl game.
Speaker 5: No, that's that's no. He would be It would be interesting, it would be interesting. And he can't he can't not. He can't even not go to the playoff again. It was only they're only two years to move from Wine to the conference. Yeah, they got into the conference championship game and they so.
Speaker 4: Live here at Rafinos. We will come back and wrap things up here on Highland Road Live at Lunch one four five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 1: Live at Lunch with Dot Hanny from Rufinos on Highland Road on one of four five ESPN Baton.
Speaker 4: Rouge returning here at Rafinos live at lunch. I'm just gonna have to get used to this, I guess, and I don't know what the what the future holds. But Texas has got an offensive lineman that is returning for a fifth year of eligibility. He started twenty three games. Name is Cole Hudson, twenty three starts, forty eight games at three different positions across the offensive line. Why am I bringing this up? Because he went to mini camp with the Browns and with the Cowboys. Okay, he went to two separate mini camps. Didn't make it, okay, didn't get off of the contract, move back to Texas.
Speaker 5: So this is this is like the defensive the defensive lineman from Indiana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like the it is yellows.
Speaker 5: You're gonna bring back the transfer from Florida that went undrafted.
Speaker 4: Apparently Jack Pivern Yeah, apparently not. It would have been cool if there was a corner that fit they they could have used there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he would.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't mind having rotation, baby. Oh no, he ain't have too many defensive lineman. You take as many as you can get.
Speaker 4: But yeah, this is part of the this is part of the lawsuit that was you know, in Colorado, and uh he filed suit in in Travis County, Texas.
Speaker 3: When Jimmy, when you file suit for eligibility in a local venue, what are your chances of success minus Alabama?
Speaker 5: Good? I only wonder you the only only only team that loss was that Alabama basketball.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, and after and he got five games before they finally got it. But yeah, they they came back on it.
Speaker 5: Who else is lost at the home cooking?
Speaker 3: Oh Aguilar at Tennesse Yeah, he lost and and and we thought he was gonna win. That was that was a little bit of upset. But no, the record is uh, I.
Speaker 5: Mean Ipels had some He's had some losses there, man, with the you know, with the kid pulling out or them just basically reaching uh you know they couldn't reach a settlement or whatever. Nico it was last minute and then was in And that mean listens so much, man, I have We've seen it so many times. It's just a big, big advantage to have in that quarterback the second year start. Ohio State's gonna benefit from this year. Texas will Notre Dame, will Oregon will. I mean, there's just we saw Joe Burrow here. It's a big deal, man, where you have so many moving parts, but you can have that continuity at your quarterback coming back. It's a big deal.
Speaker 3: Were we may see some more of this, uh for for basketball.
Speaker 5: So you know, it's not just it's not just in. It's not just in at the college level where transfers and things like that. So, uh, University High they have a new quarterback. It might be familiar with them, knock skiffing. So along with other players somewhere, top junior running back prospect coming over from Lafayette Christian amongst a handful of others. Choice and I just mentioned. I just mentioned that we you know, I was at that U High Rummel American heritage call double Hatter in the dome last year. Well, Rustling comes to I'm sorry, Rumble Archipacial Rumble comes to town to play on you High. They will have a transfer quarterback Georgia farstar quarterback commitment Cultonusmeyer is on his way to Metori take over the reins at the Rumbles.
Speaker 4: Quarterback Well dad's uh, dad's on the Saint staff. So, uh, it was talk coming from Dallas. Yeah, they were. They were living outside of Dallas before then good, good for him. Uh, they'll be It's a big time quarterbacks. It's three big time quarterback uh out out of Louisiana in the same year, l s, U, Alabama and Georgia all signing quarterbacks that they think will be started forming the future to well. No Smyers out of Louisiana.
Speaker 5: Now yeah, yeah, but how do you think the second year quarterback of George is gonna do this year? Second year starting quarterback.
Speaker 3: I like him.
Speaker 4: I think that they will be in the playoffs and very much in contention to win the league.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 4: I don't think of him as a big NFL prospect, but I do think of him as a very good college.
Speaker 5: Charlie, I told you yesterday and you just don't listen the cars at Beck. I know Shot is starting.
Speaker 3: In right right. Also told me, I was.
Speaker 5: Like, what am I saying? I'm telling you, Haines King and Carson Beck. They they couldn't have looked any better with the expectation level last night.
Speaker 3: Everybody have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: George one Monday at Walkings in Burly, Stay tuned, Hunt one four five, ESPN, Beton Rouge