Speaker 1: Join right now by a man that made his major league debut, and he's sitting next to a man that also made his major league debut, that's River Ryan. But it was a great year for the young Dodger pitchers, including Justin Robleski. And I promise not to embarrass you in front of your locker.
Speaker 2: Mete, thank you, thank you. I appreciate that. It's kind of hard to do that though we both we both we've seen a lot from each other.
Speaker 1: There's a few of you that weren't in big league camp last spring but played such a big part during the regular season in the postseason. Is there any different feeling now? Do you have more of a confidence of belonging being here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I think confidence just comes with experience at any time. Like you know, getting getting up in the big leagues last year and being able to pitch up there was super helpful for me just to kind of learn what I need to do to get better and things like that, and to be able to kind of make that jump come this spring training and I feel like I'm kind of progressing, you know, more and more each and getting to where I can be not just a serviceable major league picture but it but a good one. So that's kind of where I'm where I'm at right now.
Speaker 1: It feels like spring training, even the games, there's more room to develop yourself and hone in on what you want to work on.
Speaker 3: Has that been the case for you ye.
Speaker 2: You know, especially with some of the guys we've signed, like just kind of getting the chance to see how they go about it. It's definitely been super helpful for me. And kind of finally being able to be over on this side for spring training has been nice. Especially you know in games that you know they mat they matter, but quote unquote don't matter. It's it's been nice to kind of get the chance to go out there and work on stuff and and just again continue to hone the craft and get better.
Speaker 3: Have you found what you've been looking for?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're never gonna find what you're looking for, because you know, I think anybody in this clubhouse, especially pitchers, are are always looking for perfection. I think that's kind of what I've noticed is that that keeps you there, is kind of that that, you know, forever chase of trying to be perfect, even though you know you're never going to be. But kind of on that point, I think I'm definitely moving in the right direction. Kind of had to make some arsenal changes when I got to the big leagues last year. So having the ability to kind of go into this offseason, have everybody tell me kind of what I need to work on, and then continue to kind of do that in the off season and kind of really hone the pitches in and get my arsenal in the spot where not only are they moving the way I wanted to, but continuing to gain the understanding of how to use the pitches that I have, because I think that was kind of the problem towards the back half of last year for me. It was like made a few changes and then it was like you're kind of up there in the blueprint that I used to got to get to the big leagues. It was not the same anymore. So then you're kind of out there and trying to perform, but also you know, figure out how to sequence the stuff and make everything work together. And I think I'm in a much better place with that now, as I got the whole off season to use it, and then kind of being able to use it in the past couple of games.
Speaker 3: Justin Robleski is our guest.
Speaker 1: He's a world champion Dodger made his major league debut last year. Have you had a chance to reflect on your major league debut and what this team accomplished with the help of guys like Gavin Stone, yourself, River Ryan to mention a few.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, it was obviously kind of sitting in the same spot last year, you know, being in minor league camp. I remember being a little frustrated, you know, hoping I was going to be in major league camp last year and and kind of didn't. And so that was kind of a little bit of fuel for me going into the year because, you know, even if no one else thought it, I believe that I was going to debut last year, and I think that was a big reason why I did, just because I had that belief and and that kind of confidence in myself that I could do it and that I was good enough and sure enough, like you know, come come July, they needed me and ended up, you know, gett into the chance to fulfill a dream and yeah, just again, like getting the chance to pitch up there was awesome, and you know, I'm definitely grateful that the organization gave me the opportunity to to go help the team and everything else, and again just you know, very valuable stuff that I gained in order to to kind of continue to get better and to continue to grow as as a pitcher.
Speaker 3: Self confidence is not something you're lacking. I'm sure that helped you a lot.
Speaker 2: I'd say, you know, it's it's not it's not that I never want to come across as a guy that's that's overly confident. But I've been through a lot of stuff in this game, went through a lot in college to kind of to get here.
Speaker 3: Wasn't a high round guy.
Speaker 2: So I think, you know, part of that is just like a chip on my shoulder, and I think that kind of helps, you know, fuel meat that through everything is is because I'm not supposed to be here. I think that's kind of where it comes from for me. It's you know a lot of people thought I couldn't. So I think that's that's where like I'm a to prove to you that I can. And I think that's kind of my It's always going to be my viewpoint, and that's always going to be how I view things. And you know, I've worked really, really hard to get in this position, and you know, the goal is always the same, just to continue to get better and to continue to improve. And you know, kind of see where where the ceiling is and I feel like I can I can raise that pretty high.
Speaker 3: All right, justin thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a pleasure to watch you continue to grow and it's awesome to see your journey because that's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: So thank you for the time, for sure. Thank you