Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to kf I AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventy six is our Flashback Friday year for no great reason other than there's good music.
Speaker 3: I've got a.
Speaker 1: Neighbor who calls his wife, who's also my neighbor, the little muffin, and he.
Speaker 4: Says it a lot. You go, oh, the little muffin.
Speaker 2: What does he call her like when he's beckoning her or commanding her color muffin?
Speaker 3: I think, really, yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I feel like that's and I think it's adorable. It's very cute for them, But I think it should be a then thing, you know, like inside the house thing shmoopy. Yeah, the little muffin? How cute is that? What do you call your wife? Here's the thing I don't often use. I don't have to get her attention.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't go hey or snap my fingers, which is awful. Yeah, don't do that. I found that out the hard way. I call her Shannon, but she says, I don't say it very often.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's jarring. It is jarring.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Well, I say it four hours a day, and she said, yeah, but you don't say it to me. It's different.
Speaker 4: She prefers you to use her name.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't like it when I when I hear somebody use my name, I feel like I'm in trouble. Aside from the show, I feel like it's a trouble situation.
Speaker 2: Well, let's jump right into a swamp watch. We got some developing news out of the Middle East.
Speaker 3: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing that lollipops.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got the real problem is that our leaders are dumb.
Speaker 1: The other side never quit, so what what.
Speaker 3: I'm not going anywhere so that the squat I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 5: You know, Americans have always been gone all.
Speaker 3: They're not stupid.
Speaker 2: A political plunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 3: Whether people voted for you were not swamp launch, They're all counted on.
Speaker 2: According to ABC News and some other outlets in the Middle East, Israel launched the dozens of strikes against Iran early and now Iran has responded with some amount of missiles that have been detected launched towards Israel. The saving grace, I suppose, is that they are far enough apart. It takes a long time for those missiles to get to to Israel from Iran. A couple of live shots that exist now in Tel Aviv, and you can see what appeared to be either aircraft or missiles moving through the sky there. But again, this is this just came in a few minutes ago, that Israel has detected that Iran has launched missiles towards Israel in what was anticipated as a reaction to the massive attack that Israel foisted upon Iran.
Speaker 1: Just overnight, Trump is meeting with the National Security Council. Several high ranking Iranian military leaders obviously killed in those attacks. We named at least three of them. The President knew about Israel's plans to strike, obviously, so Iron no longer planning to engage in any sort of nuclear talks with us. They were set to happen, by the way, this weekend Sunday in Oman.
Speaker 4: Talk suspended indefinitely.
Speaker 1: No one's coming to the table because, as you could imagine, it seems like this is all done with the blessing of the United States.
Speaker 2: The specifics of the attack, Israel's attack on Iran are pretty amazing in terms of how widespread the attacks were throughout the country, who they targeted, and what they targeted. They were basically in dozens, dozens of different places that Israel was able to attack, several leaders, like you said, military leaders, but also leaders of the nuclear program there in Iran that have now been killed. And then the locations several nuclear facilities, some that were relatively easy to get to and others that may have been a couple hundred feet underground. We know that Massad was able to bring missiles into Iran undercover and use those missiles from within the country as part of that attack last night.
Speaker 1: We have been working to reach a deal with Iran for weeks on a nuclear agreement. Israel's ambition, in the New York Times, is to destroy the heart of Iran's nuclear program.
Speaker 4: Iran fell a foul of the.
Speaker 1: UN's rules when it comes to nuclear programs just one day before the attack began. Then the question is, does Iran ever listen to anyone or back down from developing or maintaining its nuclear program.
Speaker 3: They've broken promises for every turn. Again.
Speaker 2: The update just a few minutes ago is that the Israeli Defense forces have sent an initial warning to all civilians in the country to take shelter. Iranian missiles are apparently making their way to Israeli territory.
Speaker 1: Is it just a case of suffering setbacks of delivering them setbacks to their nuclear program? Is that the endgame here is there's no way they're going to just stop developing nuclear weapons. But if we attack them, or Israel attacks them, at least they'll be set back years.
Speaker 2: Well, the way Israel has done this, look at their attitude towards Hamas. They have not stopped the devastation in Gaza. They say they won't stop until Amas is completely eradicated.
Speaker 3: That's what they've said.
Speaker 2: The Israeli's all also said just last week that they will not accept a nuclear armed Iran. And with the fact that they were days or maybe a couple of weeks away from enriching to the point that they could have nuclear weapons that double middle finger that I told you about when the IAEA came out and said Iran continues to break promises, and then Iran said yeah, and we're also going to open a new enrichment facility.
Speaker 3: Iran finally had to pull the trigger on it.
Speaker 2: And if it's true that they're talking about they have a war plan for fourteen days, there's going to be nothing left. So I think it goes beyond what they believe would be just a setback or a pause and saying we're going to destroy all of the infrastructure that exists around the nuclear program.
Speaker 1: Of course, oil price has become a part of the conversation when we've got this going on in that area of the world. Where oil prices go from here depends on how Iran responds to these attacks. According to analysts, that prices could climb further if Iran attacks energy infrastructure or US bases in the area. It looks like our oil companies and big producers in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia, things like that not looking to ramp up production quickly.
Speaker 4: So oil prices could be a real.
Speaker 1: Issue, especially when the Trump administration has a goal of lowering energy costs to keep that inflation in check, which it has.
Speaker 2: With all of this going on, The United States is moving a couple of destroyers towards the Eastern Mediterranean. The Pentagon says they are capable of defending against ballistic and cruise missile attacks. They were already in that area, but have rerouted to be available if necessary. So something that we will keep an eye on throughout the weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up next, a thirty two hour flight. Could you imagine this? Your you bord a flight a three hour flight, by the way, a little more than three hours, three hours and some change, and you end up on a thirty two hour flight.
Speaker 4: What does that sound like to you?
Speaker 3: H double hockey sticks?
Speaker 4: I was going to say tear in the skies.
Speaker 1: Also, so we're not using the word hell on the program anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, we need to.
Speaker 2: There was also a story that suggests that Americans curse more than any other country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've really got to start working on that. Okay, I actually have been doing pretty good lately. Okay, do you think outside of these four hours? I don't know, but I've heard a lot of words you have. Yeah, what are you so innocent?
Speaker 4: I don't think I've been swearing a lot lately.
Speaker 2: But let me also point out there are things that you say that you don't even know you say until after you've said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then sometimes not even then.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got air raid sirens sounding in Jerusalem, Israel saying Aron has fired missiles. At least one explosion heard in the distance. As the skies are lighting up there in Tel.
Speaker 2: Aviv, you can see not only there's at least one missile strike appears in central Tel Aviv. There were defense missiles going the other way from the ground to the air as well. But there is smoke rising up from the central area around Tel Aviv, reports of impacts somewhere. They don't know exactly what was targeted or if it was just kind of a random thing and just headed towards the center of Tel Aviv.
Speaker 1: They say dozens of incoming missiles have been detected there, according to the Israeli military officials.
Speaker 2: This, of course, in response to Israel's attack on Iran overnight that hit hundreds of sites, two hundred different targets, including several of the nuclear facilities that Ron has been working on, and military leaders and leaders of the nuclear program.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got a thirty two hour flight, which lends itself to terror in this guy, fight is.
Speaker 4: Zero Nior, You're a clay every day.
Speaker 3: Off Roger, get off my plane, Roderick Rodgers, what's our vector, Victor? I have handed with these multi pint and snakes on this money.
Speaker 5: It's Gary and Shannon's Terror in the skies on KFI.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: I said this was a three hour and change flight.
Speaker 1: It's actually a two hour and change flight from Zurich to Crete, Zurk, Switzerland, Crete, Greece. This was a plane carrying one hundred and thirty seven passengers, six crew members and again the flight was supposed to take just under three hours, but then came the extreme weather conditions, so.
Speaker 3: They had strong winds.
Speaker 2: Takeoffs and landings at the Harraclayon Airport on Crete only possible to a limited extent, so to several attempts to land, the flight was unable to operate as plan. They had to be diverted several times, including a night stop in Thessalona say it again, Thessalonic Higher Saloni.
Speaker 3: Key, before finally returning to Zurich. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Refreshments and drinks were served for all guests by the crew in the galley. Some passengers complained that they weren't given many refreshments. Some reportedly vomited during one of the attempt at approach.
Speaker 1: Do you imagine five times you try to stop that you even stopped for overnight. I mean, I had one flight that I've talked about before. It was from Sacramento to Burbank and it was in the winter. It was January, February or something went up for my nephew's rugby game, and it totally crazy winds at Burbank, it's raining. Tried to land, winds were too strong, don't even touch the runway, but got close and then took right back off, made another pass, tried to land again, and that was it. It took right back off again, made another circle, landed back at Sacramento International all the way to Burbank.
Speaker 4: Couldn't land twice. It went back to Sacramento.
Speaker 3: You could even probably see your car from.
Speaker 1: Exactly and that was a little frustrating, but I'm glad that they acted out of an abundance of caution. It's a short runway there, the whole bit. But thirty two hours, my god, Well, who doesn't I mean, is anybody up in arms? I'm surprised we haven't heard reports from people freaking out like, what the hell are you doing?
Speaker 4: What are we doing here? Land anywhere? Land anywhere?
Speaker 2: According to Business Insider, the flight circled off the coast of Crete six times before a U turn and then turn around to land in Athens. They made four stops, endured an overnight's day in Thessalon Kai during a thirty two hour travel time, stopped in Athens a second time, and in coasts before going You know what they just said. They threw it in there, threw up their hands, forget it, We're just going back to Zurich. Never mind, good lord, you geta ridden a bike there quicker?
Speaker 1: Where would you go if if you had to endure a thirty two hour flight? What would you endure a thirty two hour flight for? Where do you love so much much that you would spend thirty two hours on a flight to get to?
Speaker 3: I don't know if there is such a place.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you were somewhere and you just said, bet, you haven't been home for a long time and you just wanted to go home, probably that would probably be it. We lasted thirty two hours in an airport one time. It wasn't thirty eight felt like it.
Speaker 2: We got to the airport at eleven or twelve, but didn't take off until about twelve.
Speaker 3: Oh, thegether in noon.
Speaker 2: I don't think we took off until midnight. Gary and Shannon will continue the forgotten history of Father.
Speaker 1: Oh this is great Father's Day. Who knew it came with such controversy? It started with a mine explosion?
Speaker 3: Who knew? Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We are staying on top of all of the action as Run launches retaliatory missiles tour to Israel. Several missiles have been detected, according to Israeli military officials.
Speaker 3: And we knew this was coming.
Speaker 1: We knew there was going to be some type of retaliation for what we saw happen yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Iran itself says that hundreds of missiles have been launched towards Israel. We don't know exactly if there's a specific target that they have in mind or targets. Some of the live cameras that exist in and around Tel Aviv, you can see at least three impacts of missiles in what appears to be sort of the downtown Tel Aviv area and originally some of the reports on Fox and CNN had suggested that there were no known injuries at this point. But again, it's about nine thirty at night Israel time, and this is going to be a long night for them as they deal with again Iran saying hundreds of missiles that have been launched towards Israel.
Speaker 1: The Ayatola has vowed revel and a recorded message to the nation this hour as well the State News Agency saying that this is all part of their response to the attack on Iranian nuclear and military sites, all trying to get a Ran to abandon its nuclear program or at least play by the rules.
Speaker 4: And it has not wanted to do so.
Speaker 3: Well, it's gonna be a long weekend. I know you have things going on.
Speaker 2: Well, I just I mean, all of this stuff that's happening is on top of other normal life stuff, and I guess this is normal life.
Speaker 1: Father's Day wasn't always a thing Mother's Day started at all, but the first Father's Day was actually.
Speaker 2: Nineteen oh eight, if I remember correctly, fourteen for Mother's Day nineteen fourteen, Okay. Men in the early nineteen hundreds associated a tribute with women and found the idea of a day for men too effeminate for their liking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, insinuating that men had anything to do with parenting, with rearing the children was considered a taboo situation that that's not manly enough for them to rear children.
Speaker 4: That's what mothers do. And so that was kind of the feeling amongst men.
Speaker 1: The idea that there would be flowers or brunches or anything of that nature was just ridiculous to men at the time.
Speaker 4: So it was largely just ignored or even poop pooed.
Speaker 3: Funny because I don't know a lot of to that end.
Speaker 2: I don't know a lot of dudes who are like, yeah, I can't wait to celebrate Father's Day where I have to cook. Oh, because you're grilling. I was talking to a guy last night. He was like, yeah, I get, but his caveat is he'll cook. He just gets to choose what and how. So he has a smoker and he's talking about, you know, the different cuts of meat, which ones he's going to smoke for twelve hours.
Speaker 1: So in the article I was looking at yesterday, they say Mother's Day has roots dating back actually to the eighteen sixties, that Father's Day took a few more decades to catch on history dot com sites a florist who suggested that fathers haven't had the same sentimental appeal that mothers had. The first documented event to explicitly honor fathers was held at a West Virginia church July fifth, nineteen oh eight. Now, this initial Father's Day celebration in nineteen oh eight was dedicated to the memory of three hundred and sixty two men who had died six months before and explosions at a coal company, but that did not become an annual event just that The following year, a woman by the name of Sonora Smart Dodd attempted to create the equivalent of a Mother's Day for male parents in Spokane, Washington.
Speaker 4: She was one of six children raised.
Speaker 1: By a widower, and this first statewide Father's Day was celebrated there in Washington June nineteenth, nineteen ten, two years after President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation for the first Mother's Day, he honored the day by using telegraph signals to inferl a flag in Spokane, and then in nineteen twenty four, President Calvin Coolidge encouraged state governments to observe Father's Day. But one historian cited in history dot Com wrote that many men scoffed at this. The holiday's sentimental attempts to domesticate manliness was how it was described, with the flowers and the gift giving and all of that. To Kate Manling, that they saw these holidays as a commercial gimmick to sell more products.
Speaker 4: And how wise they were.
Speaker 1: That's what all of this crap is all about, they said, often paid for, to your point, by the father himself. The father is the head of the household back then, and for a very long time, He's the one buying the things for Mother's Day. He's the one buying things.
Speaker 4: For all the.
Speaker 1: Holidays that are there just for you to buy things, right, Why add another one to his bank roll or what have you. In the nineteen twenties and nineteen thirties, there was a movement to do away with Mother's Day and Father's Day and instead celebrate a single holiday, which was called to be called Parents' Day. There were demonstrations in Central Park at the time, a reminder that both parents should be loved and respected together.
Speaker 2: There were demonstrations about this. But then the great, the good old days, when demonstrations were about him combining mothers and Father's days.
Speaker 1: The Great Depression, they say, proved to be a major obstacle struggling businesses framed Father's Day as a second Christmas for men, and then when World War II began, the holiday was promoted to support the war effort and honor American troops. Now that strategy gained widespread support by the war's end, I mean what didn't gain support? And World War two times to honor the people that fought. But it wasn't until nineteen seventy two that President Nixon signed a proclamation to make Father's Day a federal holiday.
Speaker 3: Why does the government have to be involved with it? Anyway?
Speaker 1: Father's Day earned this level of recognition fifty eight years after Mother's Day. Fifty eight years after the government recognized Mother's Day, they recognized Father's Day.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I know that Major League Baseball does a big deal about Mother's Day and Father's Day. Obviously that falls those fall within the season, so on Mother's Day we can end. They do a big deal about breast cancer awareness and breast cancer research funding, where a lot of the players wear pink cleats or they use pink bats. Or and in fact they I don't remember if they did it this year, but they'll wear pink logos, not the entire uniform, but just the lettering sometimes on their jerseys would be pink. And then for Father's Day they do a light blue for prostate cancer awareness, some more common cancer among men diseases.
Speaker 1: Aside, it's obvious what moms do, right, I mean, usually fathers are seen as you know, the head of the household when it comes to financial things, or at least historically that has been the case.
Speaker 3: That has changed dramatically.
Speaker 1: But you know, for all the stories we do about serial killers and the like, with no fathers here.
Speaker 2: It comes oh, okay, they're gonna say, because they're all men. No, okay, why would I do?
Speaker 4: I seem like that kind of person.
Speaker 3: Jesus.
Speaker 1: You know, the importance of having a father and being a father is also asked and answered, right it should. Mother's Day seems like there's so much seriousness around it, where Father's Day is kind of like, eh, you girls, some hot dogs whatever, watch the baseball game. I mean, it's very important to be a father. It's like be a father, not just you know, dedicate your sperm to a.
Speaker 3: Woman, not just donate not just donate it.
Speaker 1: You know, But like all the problem, all the societal problems that happened with lack of dad's being dads or just you know.
Speaker 2: There's also something I enjoy about and Father's Day kind of points it out to me. The naivete that we grow up with. We assume everybody in the world does the same things we do. So if your family celebrates Christmas for the first few years of your life, you assume everybody celebrates Christmas. How could you not get presents on December twenty fifth or have Santa Claus or something like that. And there are places in the in the world that do not celebrate Father's Day, which I remember being flabber gas did at that. Well, how do the dads in other parts of the world, How do they know that they are loved? Where do they get their stupid little you know, cardboard tie from or the little crafts that your kids make at the last day of school?
Speaker 1: Do your kids still now that they're grown? Do they you'll get like a text or something, or do they are their cards?
Speaker 4: Involved? Are their gifts?
Speaker 3: We'll see?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well what happened last year?
Speaker 3: Do you even remember.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, no, I think what happened last year. We usually have friends over that that have kids in the same age range, so those kids don't their kids don't care either. So we'll come over and we'll, you know, have dinner together and commiserate. But I don't know, we'll see. I'll be on the road on Sunday, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: There was an article in Vox that I stumbled across this morning. It is the Silent Seething Relationship Killer. Oh, we've made jokes about this. Everyone's made a joke about this. But is it to be joked about something about your spouse that may bother you, may be indicative of something much bigger. Something that seems to be innocuous may be a sign of a much bigger problem. Is it that constant breathing that they always do. It's close, damn close. Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty man.
Speaker 1: The details from this sole survivor of the plane crash yesterday. I can't get enough of what he's saying because it's just mind blowing that he was able to survive this crash. He says, I saw people dying in front of my eyes, the air hostesses. I saw two people near me. I walked out of the rubble. I don't know how I survived. I managed to unbuckle myself. Emergency exit door next to him was not there any longer. He said, he didn't have to jump out. He just kind of walked through. I used my leg to push through the opening, crawled out, walked away.
Speaker 3: And walked away. That's just the amazing part. Yeah, walked away, not even significantly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: We are following the stories out of the Middle East. More air raid sirens have soundered across now northern Israel. Iran has apparently fired a second barrage of missiles towards Israel. There have been several explosions heard near Tel Aviv. Israeli military and media are reporting nine impacts in or around Tel Aviv from the Iranian missiles that were that were fired. So Iran itself says that there were hundreds of missiles that were launched towards Israel.
Speaker 1: Tonight, the Dodgers take on the Giants Dodger Stadium, first pitch at seven. Listen to all Dodger games on AM five seventy LA Sports live from the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth and stream all Dodgers games INHD on the iHeartRadio app Keyword AM five seventy LA Sports is l GBTQ plus Pride Night.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't know if the Dodgers do this, but the Giants last weekend or whatever, they had a the Rainbow logo on the inside of their the Rainbow flag on the inside of their logo. I don't know if the Dodgers are going to do that, and I don't know how many teams actually do that. You've ever been Have you ever been envious of someone?
Speaker 3: Sure you want what they have?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 3: Have you ever been jealous?
Speaker 1: Probably as a youth, as a younger person jealous or I realized that and envying somebody and being jealous if someone doesn't do any good.
Speaker 2: Jealousy is the fear of losing what you have, maybe to someone, to someone else. But those are those are very common. Those are not what's going to kill a relationship. No, the real cancer for the relationship the R word resentment.
Speaker 4: Resentment and how does it rear its ugly head.
Speaker 1: Well, it's when you start getting annoyed by your partners chewing. When you hear them chewing, it's not about the chewing, It's about the resentment you feel towards that person. What if it is based in something though it's based in your resentment, Well, what if there was an action or activity that that actually happened that you then can't get over.
Speaker 2: That's a resentment. So but they make it sound as if some of it is just based in nothing. Some of it is just it's a time. You know, you you're worn down after a while, and you resent that person for just being there constantly, or getting in your way in the kitchen, or not picking up their underwear on the side of the day.
Speaker 1: But see, it's all about those nothing things that are indicative of something bigger.
Speaker 3: Oh uh oh okay, Like it's not sounds like you got something.
Speaker 4: Well when you say you resenting, yeah we do.
Speaker 1: When you say it's about nothing, but you resent that person for just being there and getting in the way of things, it's about something, you know, and it could be something you're not even aware of. Maybe you resent something in your relationship that happened twenty five years ago and you just it just still lies there, dormant, and it comes out in the form of you being annoyed about their chewing well.
Speaker 2: Without without doing the work. And I mean that in the therapy way to get over something. How could you possibly ever really be over something? And I listen, I'm thinking of I know people who've remained married after cheating, and the resentment that you would have, even if that was ten years ago and you dealt with it and you talked through it, it's still there.
Speaker 3: How would you ever be able.
Speaker 2: To extract that from without a memory wipe? How do you completely get that out of your head?
Speaker 4: And then how do you explain this? I'm at the theater last week.
Speaker 3: Was this a real story?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I told you were doing work today.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know how much work is going to be done. I'm at the theater last week and I'm sort of laying there over there, and sure, I'll lay on the couch and a woman sits next to me. I don't know this woman. I have no resentments about her until she starts eating and she's shoveling that popcorn in her mouth like someone's gonna come take it from her. And it was loud and it was gross, and I could like hear her her saliva almost like you know that it was.
Speaker 4: It was a real problem for me.
Speaker 1: And I've never had a problem with people eating popcorn next to me in a theater, but now I do.
Speaker 3: Now there's something there.
Speaker 1: And she's done nothing to me. She hasn't cheated on me, She's done nothing wrong. I have no resentments against a strange woman. But I can't listen to her too. I can't listen to her eat. I'm about to lose it. It doesn't need to be that loud, or she didn't need to eat that fast. Why she have to eat so fast?
Speaker 4: No one's taken that popcorn away from you.
Speaker 1: Your husband's not. He's next to you, or whatever gentleman you brought with you. He's probably just as annoyed.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a couple of things. As your therapist, I would say that's more annoyance than it is resentment, because resentment, I know, I don't resent, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: There's no resentment there. So I'm just annoyed by her chewing. How Come I can't just be annoyed with my husband's chewing? Why does it have to have a deeper meaning, I guess is what my point is like you're trying to I know, I'm just saying, listen, it's your wife. When I'm thinking of, oh, she's annoyed by your chewing.
Speaker 3: What you don't know this, it's a hard way to find out.
Speaker 4: It's just it's funny.
Speaker 1: It's like it's it kind of when I read this, it kind of just it's not really about the chewing. It kind of goes back to our our tried and true trope that it sometimes it's not about the milk.
Speaker 4: You know, it doesn't have to be the chewing. It It can be like why why didn't you pick up the milk?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 4: Why do we have no milk?
Speaker 1: Which is indicative of not about the milk, it's something else going on or whatever.
Speaker 3: But I just thought it was very deep seated, long term, right.
Speaker 1: But I thought this was funny because the chewing, I think everybody knows something is knows somebody who's sensitive to chewing, to some to other people's eating. And and I didn't know why I was that person until I went to the theater. But that they that they're saying that that's indicative of something much.
Speaker 2: Bigger that well, they talk about where does resentment come from? And a lot of times we think of it in the romantic sense, like you and and your your boyfriend, girlfriend, whatever, anybody.
Speaker 3: But it could be anybody.
Speaker 4: You could resent the trash driver.
Speaker 3: It could be co workers, Yeah, yes, coworkers.
Speaker 2: I think the most would be co workers, partners, friends, family, colleagues, neighbors, even or random strangers next to you eating popcorn in the movies.
Speaker 1: Because you've choosen to live with the person that you're that you live with, that you're married to, what have you.
Speaker 4: But you work with people for several decades.
Speaker 1: And things like I can build up a little bit and you don't necessarily address them because you're not in a relationship with those people.
Speaker 2: So the resentment just kind of festers. It is funny that they refer to resentment that grows into contempt. You ever had that you ever had resentment that you had just hold this person in complete contempt?
Speaker 4: Well, it's kind of like you and the Woody Show, right, No, oh.
Speaker 3: No, wait what you try to start a fight now, woll I mean.
Speaker 1: There was that whole thing about you being a d years ago, ten years ago now, and then.
Speaker 3: Because somebody thought that I was. I know that you keep telling me that I'm not. You're not.
Speaker 4: I don't think you are. I just hope that that that that narrative doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 5: They do.
Speaker 3: They resent me because they think I am a thee I hope not.
Speaker 1: It's what I'm saying. I think we squashed that though. You talked to Woody. We talked to Woody the other day. Everything's fine, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: And we both worked with Genet grad and Morgan was here for a long time and they're both now on the show.
Speaker 4: Right unless they also hate, that.
Speaker 3: Is very possible. Well, I resent the hate.
Speaker 4: I think we're making everything about us again.
Speaker 3: That's why I resent.
Speaker 1: Hey, we've got Disney tickets to give away in the next hour, so you're gonna have to keep.
Speaker 4: It right here hating us.
Speaker 3: Also, what you learned this week on The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: Leave us a talk back and tell us what you learned this week while you've been listening to this absolute resentable mess. Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and any time on demand.
Speaker 3: On the iHeartRadio app,