Speaker 1: Ah. Yes, it is the Ben and Skin Show on ninety seven point one The Eagle, And as you know, we have BFD back this year. It is a big FN deal and it's gonna be May twenty fifth at dose Eki's Pavilion. It's gonna be great. It's gonna be headlined by Marilyn Manson and Chavelle. We had the news last week that we've added Stabbing Westward to the bill. That's really cool. We like to give things to listeners. We appreciate you, guys, So we're gonna do that all this week. We're gonna give away BFD tickets now on this show. We like to do it using the iHeart app. Have you not downloaded that bad boy?
Speaker 2: It's awesome. You could stream all.
Speaker 1: Your favorite shows, all your favorite music, you listen to podcast and it's free and right on there.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: They have this really cool talkback feature. You click the button and you can leave us a thirty second message. We like to use that to give away these tickets. So the first person that hits that talkback feature boom and leaves their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to this question, who did Christina freak out about? Because he turned heel this weekend. The first person that can tell us who that is. You were listening in the first segment, you know, and you're gonna win BFD tickets and you're gonna party with us Sunday, May twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Juice in your news. Hot gods every comes, stay on top in the boots shovel. Last night was the Academy Awards, the Oscars, and there's ten films nominated. Your winner was a movie called Anora. Hell yeah, I think a lot of people was ignoring Anora, but I kind.
Speaker 1: Of got good odds, like coming into the last couple of weeks they did last couple weeks.
Speaker 3: It was on my Prize Picks Indie film, six million dollar budget, forty person crew, you know, in terms of making it in New York. I saw it. I think I might to me, I didn't think it should have won because it didn't feel important. It was a fun watch.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: There are three others that I thought were like, Okay, that actually gonna stick with me a little bit longer. That was kind of but also with ten minutes left in Anora is when I found out Luca got traded. So it's you know, when your phone's blowing up with ten minutes left in a movie, you might think differently, what a weird plot twist at the end of a movie for Luca to get traded. So I was like, did that affect how I felt about this movie? I don't think it did. It's good and fun. I'll tell you that it's good and fun.
Speaker 1: It was one of the nine movies that I didn't see that got nominated for Best Picture.
Speaker 3: I was kind of my I ended up watching six of them this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I've seen any of them really, except the Demi Moore one, right or no, that one's for Best Picture? On the subjects was it was for Best Picture? God, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: It was seen as the worst like ten ten out of like the last place.
Speaker 1: You know what happened, dude, here's what happened. So I can't remember. It was seven or eight years ago. There was always arguments about movies that got left off for Best Picture, so they expanded it from five to ten. And then the movie distribution business changed, and now they can't come up with ten that are really deserving of it, right.
Speaker 2: Like I thought watching that to me more movie.
Speaker 1: The first half of it was really good, but I thought the second half was maybe as bad as any movie ever made.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a little about a nourra. Honestly, you guys, the first half of as great.
Speaker 1: If you guys want to be bored out of your mind, you need to see Baby Girl.
Speaker 2: It sucked.
Speaker 3: I did not want to be bored out of.
Speaker 2: Ah that's a terrible that's a terrible teaser your mind. Rather you hit me in the shins with a fun go bet.
Speaker 3: Best actor goes to Adrian Brody. Gee, whizz, does this guy like talking God almighty? Get off the stage?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: No? No, They like clapped him off the stage. And then he came back and kept going to the point where I was like, did you rewind that? Like? And he did the power move of like I've done this, I've been here before. Stop please stop playing the music. I'll make it quick. I've been here before. And then he goes on for another minute and a half. He did It's like, here's a guy who just likes that he's got the lost spotlight on him. He didn't even go anywhere. He was a little scattered. I don't know, I feel like he.
Speaker 1: Completely disappeared for a decade after he won for the Pianist, Like I don't even know what I saw him in forever.
Speaker 3: Someone compared this to like Dirk winning the title, like kind of out of nowhere, here comes Adrian Brody to win. I thought it was weird. Clearly it was Bill Simmons, it was the athletic. It wasn't Bill Simmons. But uh, I thought Timothy Shallomy should have won for the Bob Dylan thing. But he was awesome, man, you know, he was awesome. That's the only one I.
Speaker 2: Saw Best Actresses.
Speaker 3: Mikey Madison, who's laying the laying the groundwork for if you want to win Best Actress in a movie, just getting naked for like half the movie.
Speaker 2: Uh, Jimmy was niked, Demmy was niked a lot didn't win.
Speaker 1: There was I saw a thing on Friday Night where it was the history of prostitutes getting nominated for Best Actress. There's been like if you want to include John Voight from Midnight Cowboy, who was a John or whatever of Jigglow, there's been twenty one of them. Oh really, yes, huh isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: Well, she was very good in Anora, so I would say worthy. But there you go. There's just fun. Your star of the night, let's not.
Speaker 2: Get things mixed up here.
Speaker 3: Your star of the night is your host, Conan O'Brien, Coco. Unbelievable. I thought it was a damn near perfect game. So let's get to the hits.
Speaker 4: Seriously, sit down, you never stood Okay, all right, it's Hollywood's biggest night that starts at four in the afternoon. Everyone here just had brunch. I don't understand it. I'm complete unknown, a real.
Speaker 3: A real pain, no foot out too.
Speaker 4: These are just some of the names I was called on the red carpet.
Speaker 3: I think two were fair very good.
Speaker 2: Did anybody see nos Fratu? No, but it looks like really creepy and pretty good.
Speaker 1: I wondered if it won a bunch of like production design and no, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I wanted to see it.
Speaker 3: Wicked won a lot of the production and costume Wicked and Dune with all the production and costume design stuff.
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: Did Adam Sandler I read something? Did he make a joke about a five on five basketball?
Speaker 3: There was a bit where it felt like it was Conan's bit. Conan threw it to Adam Sandler, but everyone needs addressed nice and Sandlor's in shorts and a hoodie. It wasn't very good bit honestly, but don't doesn't stop Conan's damn near perfect monologue.
Speaker 4: What a year for the movie industry. Netflix leads all studios with an impressive eighteen count them eighteen price increases, Yes, and I think they can beat that next year. Wicked is nominated tonight in ten categories. Perfect movie for anyone who's ever finished watching The Wizard of Oz and thought, sure, but where did all the minor characters go to college?
Speaker 3: Fantastic. So he gets on a run of mentioning every movie, and I like what this happens. So we're gonna kind of give him a give him a call out, and to make a joke.
Speaker 4: No, I love The Brutalist I really did. I didn't want it to end, and luckily it didn't.
Speaker 3: There are some parts in The Brutalists whor you're going, come on, man, how close you hit pause? Oh my god, there's two hours and fifteen minutes left in this movie. All right, I'm gonna keep grinding, you keep grinding to it and it's great. It's absolutely great.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'm Still Here was a movie that was nominated. Not a lot of people watched it, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Another movie nominated for Best Picture is I'm Still Here. I'm Still Here is about a woman who forges ahead alone after her husband goes missing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When my wife saw a.
Speaker 3: She called it the feel good movie the year.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: Thanks one guy. Hey, all right, so one guy. There's a little controversy with the movie Amelia Prez, because the main okay performer, the performer in question, yeah, had some tweets from the past and then, uh, you know, kind of kept tweeting like recently. So he's gonna make an a Millia Press joke. That's after the Anora joke that you will get first.
Speaker 4: Though, And Nora uses the F word four hundred and seventy nine times.
Speaker 2: That's three more than.
Speaker 4: The record set by Carlo Sofia Gascon's publicist.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic. Did you do what? I'm having fun? Carlos.
Speaker 4: Carlos Sophia Gascon is here tonight. And yeah, and Carla, if you are going to about the Oscars, remember my name is Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 3: That is great, really good. Hey, I mean so I was hoping it would go to her right when he made the joke, but it didn't. It waited, but I was like, she's there because it was a story before, Like, she's going to be there. They are going to be there. It's tough sometimes, No, Ai.
Speaker 4: We did not use AI to make this show.
Speaker 3: No AI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we would never do that.
Speaker 2: We use child labor.
Speaker 3: Hey, there's still people.
Speaker 4: Of course, we lost a little billy, but that's sad.
Speaker 3: Anyway, moving on, Timothy shallow May is sitting front row. He's got a bright yellow suit on. I'm gonna say it was like bright yellow, like yellow highlighter yellow yellow bolo tie. Sitting next to like did Kylie Jenner's boobs are just hanging out looking like she would destroy him if they were to have a romp in bed. It's like how could he hold his own? She is bigger than him. It's like incredible, are they dating? Yeah a long time. He's not in the NBA, so well, they're not all into NBA players just from what we know. Kim. For a short amount of time, she liked bench players. Yeah, Chloe liked bench players. That now Kendall, Yeah, I'm getting mixed up. Yeah, she's the little one.
Speaker 2: Was it one with Ben Simmons?
Speaker 3: I think that was Kendall for a while, and then now she's with bad Bunny. Kylie's the big busty one, right, doesn't matter though. The point is Timothy shall May sitting front row looking kind of weird with the highlighter yellow suit.
Speaker 4: Jimmy Shallomey is up for Best Actor Tonight.
Speaker 3: You're amazing. Love that suit.
Speaker 4: You will not get hit on your bike tonight, an amazing actor. Timothy is nominated for his portrayal.
Speaker 3: Of Bob Dylan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Bob Dylan wanted to be here tonight, but not that badly.
Speaker 3: Oh good, this little last one I pulled here? Can you said? The movie Baby Girl? It's sort of Cole Kidman gets naked a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know one of my favorite movies didn't get nominated this year, Baby Girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love that film.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In the film Baby Girl, Antonio Bendaris plays a man who doesn't know how to give his wife an orgasm. Benderis described it as the most challenging role of his career.
Speaker 3: Should have come to me, man know that he was owning it. He was on a run. He was feeling it. He was moving around. And then they did a bit they're like, uh so Jeff Bezos is here and he's or he was being late or whatever, and it's an Amazon driver dumps off a big Amazon box next to this Oscar statue that as the driver takes the picture of the package, he just throws it down and it walks off. It was like a good dig at Amazon. And then that I had a couple other good bits. They had some firefighters out at the end. I saw jokes. It was pretty good, and they like read jokes because they did a lot of the la.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah fire thing, I'm an idiot, like.
Speaker 3: The l a police fire fire chief made the joke that we know a lot of people have lost their homes, especially the people who made joker too. So it was like and the crowd goes yeah. So it was good. It was very good. It was you know, it's the one where you can started an hour and a half late and zip right through it because there's gonna be some stuff you don't care about.
Speaker 1: I once I found out that our friends did not win Best Original Song, I lost interest in going back and watching it.
Speaker 2: I was so sure they were gonna win. I got butt hurt.
Speaker 3: I was bummed about that. I was pulling for Abraham and Adrian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't something from Amelia Perez won Best Song or something.
Speaker 3: Amelia Prez won a lot of stuff. I don't know. Screw that.
Speaker 2: They screwed over Texas. Damn it.
Speaker 3: My wife, who is of you know, Hispanic descent, She's Mexican. Do what I'm saying. She hated that movie. Okay, got it sucked So I'm not sure. I don't even know what it's about. It's like there's like a it's like a crime story, but it's like a musical two Okay, you know, Okay, Selena Gomez is in it. Amelia Perez. It was a Netflix thing. Okay, and there you have it.
Speaker 2: Good job. Cavin Conan's back all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next and around the sports, Uh, the Cowboys and the contra versial trade that they made and how does that impact this weekend we'll discuss next