Speaker 1: You're listening to an air wave media podcast, Monster House presents.
Speaker 2: You're a man who is pure in heart and says it's prayers by life may become a wolf. In the wolf pain brooms and the auto moon is brightened.
Speaker 3: It's actually quite unlike anything we've ever seen before.
Speaker 2: A giant hairy creature.
Speaker 4: Part eight party mat in Luckness, a twenty four mile long bottomless lake in the Highlands of Scotland, if a creature known as the Luckness Monster.
Speaker 3: Moormster.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Monster Talk, the science show about monsters. I'm Blake Smith and I'm Karen Stolsner. Some recent werewolf related news from Karen inspired me to return to my silver Bullet research, which was in need of an update. After today's discussion, I plan to stop talking about this and turn my research into something more tangible, which we'll explain in this episode. And I think I figured out how the silver bullet got embedded in Werewolf floor And it's been a wild and moonlit run through the forest of folklore to get here. Momstert, it looks like another Monster Talk where we're catching up people on our research and projects and what we're up to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, in this case, this is a really long term, ongoing project for you, So I'm really interested in hearing what you've got to say about this.
Speaker 3: So we're talking were wolves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people often asked me what's my favorite monster? And I, even though we asked that question of our guests, I always have a hard time with it. But where wolves are my go to. They're the ones I keep coming back to, and they I have my whole life. I've always just been fascinated, whether it's the sort of the jeckyle and hide or Incredible Hulk sort of version, or whether it's the people deliberately seeking power through magical rituals, the transformative power, you know, someone becoming animal, or you know, there's so much metaphor in lore and folklore and history and science sort of tied up with you there is where wolves. It's very very, very very beloved topic.
Speaker 4: Well, it's Matt's favorite monster as well, and it's certainly high up there on the list of one of my favorites too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So what got me thinking about my research again was something that happened to you. Do you want to talk about that?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I don't know, I don't even know how much I can say at this point, but because it's.
Speaker 3: Still early stages.
Speaker 4: But so I was contacted by a producer who is working on a project. He worked with Oliver Stone for about ten years on the jfk Assassination movie, and so his current project is The Wolfman, not the original one, but the twenty ten version. So this is an anniversary Blu ray that they're putting together, and they're wanting to interview the cast, and they also wanted a werewolf expert, if there is one at all, to come on and talk about were wolf culture and folklore and history.
Speaker 3: So I just finished that interview.
Speaker 4: We'll see what comes of it, but it's supposedly going to come out later this year. But it got you and I talking about all of these things. And I mean, to me, you're the werewolf experts, certainly when it comes to were wolves and silver, and I know you've been doing research into this for some time because I thought, oh, this goes back to the original Wolfman, as.
Speaker 3: They talk about using silver.
Speaker 4: It's the only thing that can kill a where wolf, whether it's applied to.
Speaker 3: The I guess to a blow to the head, or it's to the heart or.
Speaker 4: But killing the were wolf with silver, and it seems like it's a lot more involved than that. That goes back further and it's, i don't know, just a very tangled and twisted tail.
Speaker 2: It really is. And I think what originally got me onto this was when we were doing the Beasts of Sheevadn, which was sort of a series we covered. Oh yeah, historian Jay Smith was talking about and he had not really run into the whole silver bullet stuff. It's not in the original contemporary lore from the seventeen hundreds, but it does show up in subsequent documents as being mentioned as something that people considered or tried or you know, we're trying to use it because silver's very closely associated with shape changing. But what I had found was it wasn't that closely associated with wolves in particular. It was mostly associated with witches. And so if you read a lot of monster books, you'll see people say that most of our silver and werewolf floor comes from the Wolfman from forty one. And basically, I've just been spent a lot of time running down whether that's true or not. When does the silver bullet firmly become entrenched with werewolf floor and Friend of the show Justin Mullis sent me a link to a book called Werewolves, Bird Women, Tiger Men, and Other Human Animals by Frank Hamil.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, obviously this is something I needed to have in my collection, so I appreciate it. But right in the intro, Justin points out that there's specific mention of silver bullets as being effective on shape changers, and he's absolutely right, And so I decided to see if I could get a little further down the who is it who's introducing silver bullets and wolves specifically? And I think I'm closer today than I ever have been in this whole search, So I don't Unfortunately, I don't think there's a silver bullet answer to this, but there's a strong, circumstantial case which I put together.
Speaker 3: I want to interject.
Speaker 4: I just want to interject and say, I think it's really interesting that you bring up witches, because there just seems to be a lot of overlap between the history of folklore of witches and that of where wolves are even just thinking about things like the witch trials, the witch hunts, and where wolf trials and hunts, so it does seem like they are connected in some way.
Speaker 3: And I was also thinking about the skin walkers.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, and that connection to witches were wolves as well, But I don't know if there's a connection there with silver.
Speaker 3: But I don't know where to begin. Where should we start then talking about this topic?
Speaker 2: Well, that's okay. So first of all, what I've been doing is collecting my sort of bibliography into a spreadsheet, which I've shared before. It's it's it's I'll put a link in the show notes if you just want to read it, because maybe you know other people in the honest are interested in this and want to use this as a jumping off point. Sure, but I basically went back into thanks to Google scanning lots and lots of books and other sort of things I was able to and also using multiple languages, you know, through translation tools, I was able to go back into. Yeah, quite so. French, we don't know, you know, sort of like prehistory. We know that, you know, there's the shamanic traditions of people turning into animals, but we don't have like a lot of written information about that. But sort of the earliest stories we have about people changing into wolves come from mythology, and the Greeks had the story of Lichen who offends the gods and has turned into a wolf, and we get licanthropy or like aanthropy or likeenthropes from that story. And then if you go up into Roman times in the Roman Empire, there's a really interesting story about a man who is traveling with a companion and the companion changes into a wolf. So it's very much a were wolf story of about someone who has the ability to do this.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, you've also got me thinking when you talk about Roman mythology about Romulus and Remus, yes, and that wolf children, feral children, founding Rome, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that idea of a founding fine, you know, and having these sort of heroic quasi. You know, they're sort of human, but they're sort of beyond human founding stories that that demi gods Yep, exactly. So Romulus and Remus, you know, famously are raised by a wolf and they're the yeah exactly. Yeah. In fact, this is just local stuff. I was actually born in Rome, Georgia, which is a little city north of me now, uh yeah, and a room there. And I think before World War two started, when Mussolini was in charge in Italy. Uh, and some people that this was shocking, but some people used to really like, uh the effectiveness of fascists getting those trains to around on time. Uh you know, so at least. Yeah, And Mussolini established Rome, Georgia as being a sister city and gifted the city with a statue, like a replica statue of this famous wolf suckling the two children. And it's still.
Speaker 3: You're Italian and spirit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. Well you know, Kathleen, my wife is half Italian, so there you go, there you go. So well see, in fact, I think, you know, if you think about it, you get that Italian werewolf connection. And then her other side is Latvian, which is I think that's where the Werewolf of Livonia story comes from, which is a really cool that's a really interesting story we've talked about briefly where the werewolf basically descends into Hell to punish centers, so it's like a superhero force for God, which is an extremely funny story which we won't get into here, but it's a very interesting.
Speaker 3: So many variations that really highlight highlights just how.
Speaker 4: Many stories are out there, and whether they're good wear wolves or bad were wolves or good wolves bad wolves.
Speaker 3: There's just so much more out there. It is really mind boggling.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think one of the things I struggle with is I am really interested in how ideas get trans admitted from one place to another, one person to another, you know, and you can't always know, because it's very rare that you get someone says, I'm a writer, and so and so told me this story. I did a little research here, and I combine them together to make this new thing. That's not a thing people typically write down in their journals, right, so I can kind of piece it together. But I know that like in the pulps, which were really sort of an emergent form of media in the early twentieth century, they were cheaply printed, but you get stuff like weird Tales and other sort of newsprints pulpy magazines that published fiction.
Speaker 3: And is that the same thing as like Penny dreadfuls.
Speaker 2: There's similar it's a sort of similar quality the pulps. Ultimately they sort of sit in between comic books and news premira very they're entertaining and some of them are quite influential. Maybe we should do some coverage with that, a little deeper dive when I'm more prepared for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's totally yeah.
Speaker 2: But out of that world you get like what we think of his genre fiction. So you know, early sci fi, early fantasy, horror, all those things emerged there because it was a place where it was low cost, wasn't really you know, risky market exactly, so people experimented, like the publishers themselves experiment with lots of different types of fiction. The editorial work was somewhat sketchy, so you'll famously get writers being extraordinarily mad because the editors would just rewrite their stories, you know, so oh yeah, frustrating different world. But out of that that's where you get the publishing of Roberty Howard, who writes Conan Brand Macmoor, call The Conqueror, all these sort of heroic, you know, two fisted adventure things. But he also writes a lot of horror stories. He becomes friends and correspondence with HB. Lovecraft, and he wrote a couple of werewolf stories that are pretty important, I think, because they use the power of the full moon as being an influential part of the transformation, and they use the idea that werewolves could be a curse that's passed on to someone that's not part of folklore very much. It's something that he's adding himself, and I don't know. I'm still looking to see what other authors may have sort of explored this idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that sounds a little bit like the Epic of Gilgamesh story with Ishtar. I mean you get different names, different variations, but where she falls in love with Gilgamesh and he finds out that she's cursed a former lover turned him into a wolf, and a little bit like the Greek story, the Acadian story with the King Lakian A little bit like that, don't you think the idea of a divine punishment or a curse.
Speaker 2: I actually don't know that part of the story. So this is new to me, and no inky do Gilgamesh is her suit companion is a lot of people think that's one of the one of the many hairy man Harry Wildman type proto stories. So but I know he falls in love with Istar, has a relationship there, but I didn't know about the wolf thing. That's really interesting. Well, I obviously need to refresh my familiarity with the Epic of Gilgamesh and the part of the story that Karen's talking about Ishtar asks Gilgamesh to be her lover, and he refuses, citing times when she has become bored or annoyed with previous lovers, sometimes turning them into animals, including in one case, turning a peaceful shepherd into a wolf, which leads to the shepherd being torn to pieces by his own beloved hounds. So it's not surprising that despite what an awesome girlfriend, a goddess might be capable of being the risk or just too high for Gilgamesh's taste. But his refusal of her offer leads to her begging her father to send divine punishment onto Gilgamesh, and in this case that's the gigantic bull of heaven.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I think there's just so many variations out there.
Speaker 4: And again, often these narratives are told just you know, person to person stories a here on Facebook or YouTube or hear around on the internet. So who knows how much of this is accurate from the original.
Speaker 3: Well, the manuscripts or inscriptions is probably a very different thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well it's interesting too because the so I think of Gilgamesh as being an ancient story, but it was lost for a long time, so it was preserved in caneiform clay tablets, but people couldn't read canea form, so you needed to have it to be rediscovered and to be translated for that story to come back into play. But that's sort of the I think maybe the reason. I think that of all the technologies humanity has developed, writing is the most significant and influential because it allows the preservation of ideas.
Speaker 4: Passed totally, I mean it you totally watching and language absolutely yeah, because people say the most important invention is the wheel or fire, all this all that right, Absolutely, language necessitates yeah, and these things necessitate language and writing.
Speaker 2: Like written language in particular. It's it's look, there's a perfect example that whole story was just gone from history, and now we can find it, and then you not only do you find the story, but when it's originally rediscovered, they discovered that within that story is a story of the flood that predates the Bible, which is really interesting. And it's like it was so exciting and thrilling to Victorian culture to have these discoveries being made. So I find that really interesting, like very very interesting.
Speaker 4: So again maybe we're getting off on a well we are, we'll come back.
Speaker 2: So one of the mysteries. Still remaining for me was how did this silver bullet concepts get so firmly entrenched with wolf floor. Now, even in nineteen forty one, when you have the Wolfman movie, silver is the method by which they kill the werewolf. But it's not a bullet. Talbot's father beats him to death with a silver wolf cane, like a cane with a silver wolf on the end of it. And it's not until I think, well, even when the forty three version there's a freakas I meets the Wolfman. Then that's when they have the full moon resurrect the Talbot as a wolf again because he but that's a little iffy, But you know the movies. I guess My point is the movies have a big influence on werewell floor, and then that feeds back into fiction. But before this, this is what excited me about justin Mollis's letter, was Okay, here's a book from nineteen fifteen. This is clearly talking about silver and werewolves and witches. But even it is not explicitly saying that they're the same thing. But I wanted to know why it was coming up in nineteen fifteen.
Speaker 3: Well, it makes you think it's got to go back further than.
Speaker 2: That, exactly, exactly, and so I think that the culprit is actually the Golden Bough. James George Fraser wrote The Golden Bowel, but now he wrote it. Originally it was a two volume set in eighteen ninety, and then he experided on it and does a three volume version in nineteen hundred, and then a twelve volume version that comes out between nineteen oh six and nineteen fifteen.
Speaker 3: Twelve volume wit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And so it's in that longer twelve volume version that in volume seven there's a whole section called Balder the Beautiful talking about balder from the Norse.
Speaker 3: Sounds like bold and the beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh doesn't it. It doesn't. Golly, I didn't make that connection, but yeah, Balder the Beautiful, and in that yeah, maybe they had. There's just story after a story about folkloric transformation of creatures, and a bunch of stuff about werewolves and witches. And again it doesn't explicitly say that they're the same thing, but it puts them literally on the same page or within a page of each other, of stories of werewolves that are almost identical to the stories of witches. So I think it would be incredibly easy for someone to read that book and draw that conclusion, even if Fraser himself never says these are the same exact phenomenon, right and so, And it's not really clear. I mean, he's collecting the folklore and a lot of the folklorus were just repeating the stories, not speculating on whether they were true or not. You know that exactly sort of you himerius tendency to try to find the real cause of this stuff that wasn't there. This is just a huge, massive collection of folk tales, and Fraser himself heavily references where he gets his stuff from. And I found I put some links to previous material that was being used by him that's coming out of Celtic folklore. So there's a lot of this stuff going on, and I think the connector there is Fraser. I think Fraser is clearly putting it right there on the page that you have werewolves in shape changing, and you have witches in shape changing, and what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Grab that silver right and have some fun. I think that's what's really going on.
Speaker 4: Well, I wonder have you dived into any mortoguse Summers to see if he makes mention of.
Speaker 3: Any of this.
Speaker 2: Okay, So his book comes out in thirty three, and it is an astonishing collection of folklore and uh legend and thoughts. It's it's really a comprehensive book. If you're going to study wherebeles, you have to have it. Uh. And that's the werewolf and Lauren legend. But he annoys me so much I can't talk about him without mentioning that he constantly assumes we've all had a classical British education. So we speak Greek and we speak Latin and we don't need a translation to explain, so he'll just cut yeah, yes, and uh and we I apparently like young men a bit more than we ought to. Yeah, he's a Summers is a problematic dude to get to be blunt. Uh he is he is? He is. Yeah, but did his books on vampires, the books on werewolf absolutely uh core material. He did a tremendous job of collecting all that material into one volume. So I'd like to get and I haven't found one. There's some similar stuff and not quite I'd like an annotated version that actually bothers to translate all that stuff, and if nobody ever gets to it, whenever the copyright expires, maybe I'll get to it because I would really like that. It would be.
Speaker 4: Really nice, fantastic idea, but that would be a hell of a lot of work.
Speaker 2: It would be a ton of work, but it would be really useful. So I agree. Yeah, Okay, well enough of that, But that's a funny. Year thirty three, you get his book, and you also get The Werewolf of Paris comes out the same year, and that book explicitly talks about silver bullets and getting them blessed, and that again is coming straight out of the folklore and is mentioned by Fraser. But that's not how they kill the world either.
Speaker 4: So already established then at that point, by nineteen thirty three, that generally accepted that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does appear to be somewhere, right. You don't see it in the folklore in the eighteen hundreds, but by the nineteen hundreds it's starting to be backfilled. Which is another problem. If you get modern retellings of the folklore, they will frequently throw in stuff that's anachronistic, right, Like that's what happens with Jaevadon. It's not until the eighteen hundreds, people start inserting the silver bullet into the story, and it's not until the twentieth century that they actually literally make the claim that a silver bullet was used to kill the wolf.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: That was one of my big questions, and I've come down pretty hard that that was John Keel's work. That John Keel in nineteen seventy. It's not even supposed to be a well researched part of the book. He just throws out there that in the case of Jeva Don a blessed silver bullet was used by Chastelle to to kill the wolf. It's just out of his butt. I don't know, it's not so yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just shows them that many layers, like an onion, really peeling back those layers to get to the truth of this story. But it does seem like it is a relatively modern notion.
Speaker 2: It does. And I think one of the problems I've got as a researcher is, you know, I've talked about this a few times on the show, but this is not useful. I mean, I can say these things, I could put stuff in the show notes, but that's not really useful for researchers. Researchers want something published, So I think what I've decided is exactly and I think I'm going to take all my findings and put them into a monograph.
Speaker 3: I think that's a wonderful I had sort.
Speaker 2: Of toyed with that idea before, but I've realized that and now that I've actually done some publishing myself with the KDP, the Kindle point. Yeah, it was just Nichols's book. The barrier to entry is very low, and it also means that I can do something pretty cool, which is I've got the spreadsheet which somebody can go look at now. But it'd be much better, I think, to put this into a format where it's more like each page or each section is an entry from the table, and then it's got links to it. So if you want to go back to the source materwier, you can click the link and go straight to the web page from the ebook.
Speaker 3: Very cool.
Speaker 2: That would be a better approach, and so it would allow a lot of hopping around within the text to go to references. And I really like that idea, so when you're researching something, it's really a good useful tool. So I think I'm going to try to put that together and just I don't think it'll be very long, but well formatted monograph. I think that would be the next thing to come out of Monster House Publishing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is something that a lot of people have talked about, but I think you and I go into a lot more detail, hit a lot of these stories, doing research, and I think to compile all of that and to make it accessible would be really great, but a big task again, not another mamoth task when you can get around to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the good news is the core work is done, so you know, turning that into something that's a little bit more narratively structured with chapters, and you know, I want people to get value. So I mean what I have now would be a ninety nine cent book, but if I put it all together, I think it could be two or three bucks worth of work. I think, you know, I don't know, I have to look at the pricing. But I, for example, I mean this core historical research into these references. That's useful for a lot of people, I think if they're interested in this topic. But also I think we've just uncovered a lot of little tidbits that would be worth having published. You know, the whole thing about when did silver bullets enter the Jevadon legend? Well, that could be a chapter, like I you know, I could, I could make that a chapter. And then when did the moon become an influential part of where we'll full coward? Yeah? Yes, all these things like who who introduced them? Where they first show up? That those are like, that's really useful material, I think for people who have this sort of mindset. So I don't know why I'm so interested in this stuff, but I am. And I'm glad that we have an audience that also cares. So thanks, we have.
Speaker 4: A fantastic audience. And I guess I've got one final question about this. So you have this association of silver with were wolves. Are they associated with any other materials or maybe gemstones or anything like that, maybe used as amulets to protect people against were wolves or to to kill them, or anything else.
Speaker 2: So we get to use one of my favorite words, apotropaic magic, like the bless you you know, all those little necklaces people wear to ward off the evil eye, that kind of thing. I don't remember much of that. Herbs seem to be the thing. Obviously, wolf spring comes up a lot, and that's worth investigating, you know what. That would be a how do you make a werewolf? Is one thing I thought would be a useful chapter because there's so much conflicting more over that, and how do you dispatch your werewolf? Would be another one, And but a third option would be how do you just keep them at bay?
Speaker 4: I think that's yeah, protect yourself against them, or a talisman if you want to attract them for some reason, A sixy exactly.
Speaker 2: But boy, howdy is there a lot of that going around?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it really is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's I don't know if that stems from the whole vampire sixy vampire angle.
Speaker 2: The Laurel K. Hamilton writes a series Anita Blake Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, and boy that is it is full of sexy vampires and werewolves and all kinds of it. I liked it. Originally it started out like as a more like a racier version of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and then it just got into explicitly it's it's werewolf and vampire porn from a lady's perspective.
Speaker 3: So bizarre, but stronger than Harlequin.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, quite a bit, quite a bit. So there's if you look at uh, I mean, we've talked about this before with Bigfoot, there is a ton of bigfoot porn and werewolf porn and vampire porn. If there's a monster, there is nessy porn. There's like, if there's a monster, there's people writing about sleeping with it. So yeah, that's a real thing.
Speaker 4: You know, we need to cover that, I think in a show as well, because I'm going to have to admit I've never read anything like that, but there is a lot of it out.
Speaker 3: There, and it seems to be on the increase too.
Speaker 4: I remember first hearing about this maybe ten to fifteen years ago, so it's really floaded.
Speaker 2: I think there was a period when people got them, ironically, but I think that period may have passed. I mean, some of these things, I mean are still You've got people who write porn about dinosaurs and people like Pterodactyl's kidnapping women, and.
Speaker 4: It is Oh, if you can think of it, you can imagine it, you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much, I think right about it. You know, I don't know, that might actually be a really interesting sort of thing to dive into. And I don't know what sort of numbers we can find, but it would be interesting to know. I don't know if Amazon shares this, but I'd like to know, like, how well did these things actually sell?
Speaker 4: I know back, I think they'd sell pretty well because I recently uploaded my book on the story of Abraham Lincoln and ghost stories surrounding him and the Ghost Train. And the funny thing is it was a category. One of the categories was historical short fiction, and when I went and looked at other books in that genre, there were a lot of short stories that were kind of historical romances and I mean stuff along the lines of what we're talking about too. So I think it's it's weirdly popular. Maybe it's not so weird, but it's really a popular genre.
Speaker 2: Mister Lincoln, what a big hat? You have? Everything? Over with everything? Well, they've already had Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, so why not Abraham Lincoln Werewolf's Lover?
Speaker 3: Yep, you're going to be the one to write that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm all over that. Well, So when can we expect to hear more about your DVD project? You know, they're all up in the air.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, the interview is done and they seem to be happy with it, so I'll let the gang know as soon as I know. I was hoping that you could get involved as well. I certainly a name dropped you, and because you are a wealth of law and folklore and information about where really know your stuff.
Speaker 2: I've read almost three books and seen nearly five movies all most.
Speaker 4: But I am really excited about the idea of you putting together a book on werewolves and compiling all of this research and there's just so much more out there.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should to get involved too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this would be a fun one, and you know what, if it's successful, maybe we can do more Monster Talk series books That would be really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that is the goals for sure.
Speaker 2: For sure. Yeah. Yeah. Well again, in case you haven't caught on, we're obsessed with monsters here at Monster Talk, so we hope you continue to be as well. So thank you for listening. This. This is the latest joinny us what we're doing, and we will be exploding into your world with more monsters next week. Very will monster You've been listening to Monster Talk, the science show about monsters. I'm Blake Smith.
Speaker 3: And I'm Karen Stolsner.
Speaker 2: You just heard a discussion of some upcoming werewolf projects Karen and I are working on. Check the show notes for links to our previous coverage of this topic, and stay tuned for what I hope will be a useful project for fellow werewolf efficients. This has been the extended commercial free version of the show exclusive for patreons. Here's a little bonus tidbit for you that'll show up in the monograph if I succeed in that project. Wolf Spain shows up in so many werewolf movies as a kind of magic herb, similar to how fresh garlic sposed to ward off vampires. But in nature, wolf spain does not deter wolves. So why did you get this name? According to my reading, the ancient Greeks used this highly poisonous plant as a coating on meat which was used to bait wolves. The wolves would eat the bait and then they would die, hence the name wolf Spain. But in Europe the name came to be associated with a folkloric tradition that the plant could ward off wolves or even were wolves. It was even said to have been used as a kind of were wolf cure, but do not even think about trying that this plant will kill you. It is extremely toxic, very pretty, but very deadly. Thanks for your kind patronage and extraordinary generosity. Karen and I deeply appreciate your support and comments. Monster Talk theme music is by Pete Stealing Monkeys. Thank you, as always for taking the time to make us a part of your listening life.
Speaker 3: This has been a Monster House presentation. Yeah, werewolf, werewolf there, but therewolf, the castles. Why are you talking that way? I thought you wanted to No, I don't want to suit yourself. I'm easy