Speaker 1: All right, folks, welcome back our number three of the Tony and White Show live here on the road. We are brought to you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. We have put on our overalls and our shirtless at Kentucky branded Shelbyville Road Plaza. It is time for college football and we're gonna talk about college football at the bottom of the hour eleven thirty five with Nick Coffee. He is your consummates expert on Louisville. And thanks some Kentucky too. You've talked about a Kentucky a lot. Will you put the headset on instead of rubbing it up against your chest like you are? Please? Thank you.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute after I get my picture made with Missus Woosley from dawsh all Way. Yeah, hey, awesome, Can you get off the TikTok for a minute?
Speaker 1: All right, So for one minute, Greg Getcher is gonna join us. High Greg. Yeah, while he's taking the picture live on the radio, tell me about your announcement with the car shows or a car show or something. Yeah, we have a couple.
Speaker 3: First of all, after we did our segment, a good friend of mine, one of my prisoners, Stan More, who's a big Trinity yes, Porter stand More, Landscape liping, Yeah, Landspeh and his wife donated one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe that's right.
Speaker 1: Stand More, I love you continue with the Trinity Rock tradition of giving. That's fantastic. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And then we have a car show on Monday at the at the Blind Squirrel, which is known for its volleyball Middletown.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, and a guy.
Speaker 3: Named Steve Hancock is putting that on and it's gonna be a car show in the daytime, Dwight, I sent you that picture.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I'm gonna get all of the details up on the car show okay tomorrow on my Facebook page. Yes, right now, I've got the information for the Walker Families go fund me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let me just give you that just times on it and it's all different classes from ten pm to three pm.
Speaker 5: And it should be a really nice hopefully they have good weather for it.
Speaker 3: But thanks Steve for doing that because it's for Kids Cancer's charity show. It's not Kids Cancer Alliance, but it's for all Kids cancer, so it's a great program. And one more I got is the Car Club I belong to Kentucky and Kayana Their big car show is also Monday, so you have a choice between two of them, and that is in the morning. And I'm gonna try to find out the details to you just a second here if I can pull it up anyway, Two good car shows on Monday. This one is UH thirty eight to twenty one Hunt Singer Lane and it's from ten am to three pm, so please support. They also donating the WHS Crusade for children.
Speaker 1: Yes, good stuff.
Speaker 2: I will, I will say, come on bye. We have adult film star Roy Ice is in the house. He's retired television's Rachel Fikas here, Gorilla Bob, Gorilla Bob from the South Sides out here. He's got his baby Gravy out here with us. But now it's time. And of course the sneaking deacon not to mention by one get one free University of Louisville and Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Here they in the garages, buddies, there's free meals. That's the usual suspects. Yeah, when we have a free meal, especially it's not from wild eggs. Have some breakfast, folks.
Speaker 2: And Tony as they walk in, Tony, I have a red and black striped overalls on without a shirt, so we look like a couple of carnies.
Speaker 1: Okay, we will sell these off our bodies for a nice little price, for.
Speaker 4: A nice or a discount more likely.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do it, baby, say that Jeopardy music, and let's do some Crusade for Children trivia. Greg Getcher's gonna join in and help out Rick and Dwyet as they try to answer eight of the next ten questions. If they could do that, I'll give We're up to one hundred and fifty dollars. I'll give another twenty, so that'll be one hundred and seventy dollars for Crusade for Children. Are you ready, boys, I'm ready, yes, sir. Question number one, what rapper married and divorced a woman named Kim Scott twice? I want if that's little Kim Kim Scott married and divorced? Do you know I want to say that.
Speaker 4: I want to say big, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know that Greg Getcher would not know anything on this subject, but I didn't make that.
Speaker 4: I did, Grella Bob Which rapper.
Speaker 1: Mhmm married and divorce Kim Scott twice?
Speaker 4: Is that little Kim?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No Kim three?
Speaker 1: Two one and what is it? Crowd eminem eminem. He sings about her in her songs all the time. He's the greatest rapper of all time. That's why he's not. He's not in that category because he's the greatest.
Speaker 2: No, you're thinking of Cinder Fellaw Dana Dane, all right, the greatest, Greg.
Speaker 1: This is your question? Are you ready? Question two? You're already old one? What bone is known as the patella thee you're gonna say? I agree, I great, Yes, your answer is the kneecap. I asked you that because you probably shot a couple of people in the kneecaps.
Speaker 4: That's what they say.
Speaker 5: Shoot him in the potel, shoot him in the leg, Not exactly.
Speaker 1: No, if you're shooting somebody ain't gonna be in the leg. I love it, all right. Question number three, This goes back to a two thousand and eight movie called Semi Pro. What city does Jackie Moon's team play in that in that movie?
Speaker 4: Flint, Michigan.
Speaker 2: That's a Flint Tropics, baby, Yes, it's Flint Tropics, all right, respect, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: I know why you know that answer, and we'll get it because you are incorrect. Flint Michigan is the answer in Dwight. Why would you know that information?
Speaker 2: Because when we did our mad Monday or whatever it was, I dressed up in full flint tropics gear.
Speaker 1: There you go. I'm just realizing that until we'll right, you came up with it went. Oh that's right, yeah, the stuff he had the stuff? All right. Question number four, you're back on track. Here you go to in a row here. What does a pedal meter count? Pedal? Steps?
Speaker 5: Steps?
Speaker 4: It's your steps?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know the biker steps.
Speaker 2: Stop people who are attracted to young No, scot, that's a different that's a different thing. Pedal for example, Man, my pedals really going around to this guy?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Pedal it's feet okay?
Speaker 1: Steps all right? Rick?
Speaker 4: Do you you are as in pedestrian? Yeah, it's take it for.
Speaker 2: Your Latin word stop while your head petero popolos, meaning walks around you.
Speaker 1: Run rolder for a second, for a second.
Speaker 4: That's flattened word, Peter. I think my work's done here.
Speaker 1: He counts your steps. Fantastic, good work, good work, good work? All right? Uh, Rick, I'm gonna make you answer this one. Are you ready? Question five? If you have jaundice, what color is your skin yellow.
Speaker 4: Yellow? I'm gonna say yellow.
Speaker 1: That sounds about right. Yo. What what word are you saying? Yellow?
Speaker 4: Yellow?
Speaker 1: You're saying yellow yellow.
Speaker 4: I don't know, yellow, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was just because you put the overalls. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was having dinner with the queen.
Speaker 1: Look, just because you have the overalls on, doesn't you have to?
Speaker 4: I said, yo?
Speaker 2: And by the way, let's talk about these overalls for a second. Yes, you gave me a damn medium just to make I'm not a large and you know it. Man, you took a large so you look good and you made me look fat. Over got cannabiscuits in these dampegs, and you're doing it on purpose.
Speaker 1: I wanted you to be able to say you got it in the same size that I did. Chunky, bunky, Come on, you look fantastic. What was it?
Speaker 4: Quite? Yellow? Yellow? Final answer?
Speaker 1: Yellow jaundice skin color yellow yep yep?
Speaker 4: Or yellow yellow?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yellow?
Speaker 4: Yellow? Yeah? Baby?
Speaker 5: I thought you're from Shively. He always says you're from I'm from p r P.
Speaker 1: He gets blocks like blocks away from Shively. Right, it's the express way, isn't it right? Expressway? Shively? Left?
Speaker 4: It's Actually it's it's a man's look, not man's.
Speaker 5: Well, no, it's I lived off Blat Lane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well lens at Rby's that's p r P. What's the one that runs down the man's thought?
Speaker 1: Yeahs, look, I thought it was the expressway exit.
Speaker 2: No, well that's that is shyly. Then you drive up and you passed Gagle and p r P your mom.
Speaker 1: Question number six. John Travolta was in a gang in the movie Grease. What was the name of the gang? T Birds? He would not know because he's never seen Greece. He's never seen or the play or the play. You've never seen the even the Grease play.
Speaker 4: Why would I go to a play?
Speaker 1: I don't know what I ever because thereble.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is perhaps you would like to go see the high school perfluence of Greece with me with your sister about you than you?
Speaker 4: T birds?
Speaker 1: Is your final answer? Great? Get you of course. What was the name of the girl gang?
Speaker 2: The pink Pink.
Speaker 3: Pink Ladies, Pink Ladies, the pink Ladies.
Speaker 1: It's good, just good fun, all right? True or fall? Since Dwight, you are a Greek mythology.
Speaker 4: I'm an expert, right, that's what I'm majored in and yell.
Speaker 1: The word alphabet origins are traced to Roman or Greek.
Speaker 4: Roman Greek alphabet or Greek Greek.
Speaker 1: The word alphabet.
Speaker 2: Alpha as in beginning uh, coming from the Latin word meaning alpha Romero.
Speaker 4: Alpha romeo.
Speaker 2: That's good Greek or Roman omen, Greg, I'm thinking Roman. Okay, Yeah, Roman numerals and that's a tough one, honestly. Roman alphabet soup. The Romans were the first one to have alphabet soup.
Speaker 1: I don't know alphabet origin word. The word is Greek.
Speaker 4: Let's go, let's go, he says. He says Roman, I say.
Speaker 1: Roman, Dude, making for choice.
Speaker 2: Girl, I've just said, Look, I've been carrying this damn my back, carrying.
Speaker 4: The team.
Speaker 1: Greek of Roman Greek. Is your final answer, That's what the audience says. The Romans basically stole everything from the t I couldn't figure out what you catch it, Greg, if you don't get this next question right.
Speaker 4: The Romans were the first ones.
Speaker 1: They're gonna take your call. They're gonna take your call. Dog collar yea.
Speaker 4: The Romans worked to the first ones to invent the green bean, though they took that from the Mesopotinian.
Speaker 1: Thank you. The holiday of Christmas is is? Question? Are the Holiday of Christmas is celebrated in what month by Eastern Orthodox churches? Eastern Orthodox?
Speaker 4: Oh, let's see Easter rhymes with Easter.
Speaker 1: No, no, Eastern No, Eastern Orthodox churches? What month do you want? To give you a choice? December or January. It's gonna be January, December or January.
Speaker 2: But first of all, we worked in rock and radio, so it's not January.
Speaker 1: It's jam you you're right, I apologize.
Speaker 4: And it's not December. It's a c D.
Speaker 1: What is it on Tuesdays? Two? For Tuesdays? For Tuesdays, Greg, give me an answer.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking January.
Speaker 1: Final answer, Jam of Christmas celebrated in the month of January for Eastern Orthodox churches, and you would be correct.
Speaker 2: It's also my favorite time to go to Red Lobster because it's Clamuary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's delicious, swimming in butter clams. Question number nine. You guys are doing a really good job. Really good job. All right, you got two more to go. I thought you were gonna get the Greek in Roman thing wrong, but you pulled it out. I like it. What character from the pop song wears electric boots and a mohaw suit.
Speaker 4: Benny and the Jets, Jets, Benny, Benny.
Speaker 1: All right, so okay, I'm gonna do the line, and then you just do the electric boots and mohaw suits.
Speaker 4: You know you read it in a magazine.
Speaker 1: Benny would be right, Good job, man. My back hurts o.
Speaker 3: So tight on you he gets the blood. Alright, here we go, he says, they could take into crouch for you too.
Speaker 4: That's the only place that's loose. That's the only place this thing is loose, well enough for some.
Speaker 1: All right. So question ten, this is a is the choice's multiple choice. Okay, so don't jump the question. Yes, just for all the marbles, all the money, Okay. What was the first cash crop in the US? Was it cotton or was it tobacco? Was it cotton or was it tobacco?
Speaker 5: Colley, I'm nicking tobacco.
Speaker 4: Maybe the clothes are made out of cotton, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, but that would be correct to be manufactured to get the cotton, where tobacco would have been something that could smoke.
Speaker 1: If you get this wrong, the kids are gonna suffer, and you will uh and you will be the cause of that. So I just want to let you know that before you answer.
Speaker 2: All right, by show a hands. How many people think it's tobacco?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's overwhelming cotton. Cotton.
Speaker 4: Nobody wants to stick their neck out on cotton.
Speaker 1: You know what. Apparently everyone else is smarter than you. All tobacco is the answer. Good job, good job, good job. Give it up farm. They got a nine out of the ten questions correctly. They kicked ask Rick, thanks for joining in the ricks like, yeah, this got that's here, all right, that's awesome. So crusade for children up to what did I say? One seventy one seventy? We're up to one seventy. Now we'll keep Italian. We have several groups of people that are gonna match it. We had two different groups. I believe someone is here, was here, didn't didn't Roy Us matched it last year. I believe he did.
Speaker 4: Oh, there is over five hundred.
Speaker 1: We got two people to match it. So we'll get to five hundred for the end of the year. We'll be I'm gonna pick it up, pick the pace up.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: All right, hey, listen, Kentucky Brandon. That's where we're at. We still have some wild eggs out there. Lots of people come out and say hi to Gorilla. Bob's out here. It's the sneak of deacons out here. Television's very own Rachel Fike is out here, from the adult film star.
Speaker 4: Roy Ice is here.
Speaker 2: Lots of people mentioned listen, this is this buy one, get one free, can't beat it cardinals or cats gear. We're talking T shirts and sweatshirts, hats or fifty percent off we're giving away. Actually we still have three more fifty dollars gift cards giveaway. Let's reach in here right now, now here, Let's get here. You're a man of the cloth. Reach in here, sneak and deakan and pick one.
Speaker 5: Notice it was.
Speaker 1: All right. Here we go and my next fifty dollars goes to Susan Gasper. Is Susan Gasper here and gasper Susan Gasper.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's Susan right there.
Speaker 1: Congratulates she's a U bil fan that she might be cocking text the box. There's a bottleser box. Oh you gotta check it. Yeah, we go. Okay, well, they they all can't be a good kids.
Speaker 2: So it does not your gift to it doesn't have to be just U L or just you, okay either. They also have a bourbon section, just a Louis of Kentucky section where you can represent your city in state.
Speaker 4: You guys are just so discreet when you do stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that, right, all right, So he's got two for one on the books today.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, we don't want to hurt your feelings.
Speaker 4: Who do we have Rick Draft Kings is up next?
Speaker 1: Drafty Kings will do that one again next next half hour because we're gonna have Nick Coffee come on in the next break and talk about college football. I cannot wait to do that because this weekend is the big weekend. That's why we're here at Kentucky brand. At Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download the app you punch in whas you bet, five bucks and two hundred dollars goes into your account. You really can go for a couple of weeks to college football with just that betting money, and you can bet during the games. You basically go who's gonna score next? Who what the player or team's gonna score next, Who's gonna win the coin toss? It doesn't matter. You bet on everything, not just win or lose. At DraftKings Sports back and just punch in whas that's the key Dwhite. The crown is yours only at DraftKings gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG dot co slash ft ball back. After this on news radio eight forty, wha is I'm sharing with Courtney dunnah in New York City. I don't know if she's still in Florida or not. Our shirtless pictures in our overalls, that's where we are today. Is Kentucky branded everything. College Athletics is where you're gonna find app Plus, they have some other Kentucky stuff, they say Kentucky branded, not for UK but for the rest of the state. Also bourbon horses, stuff like that. But of course they have all the Louisville gear. You can get all the Kentucky gear, from the mugs to those little cushion seats you can sit on at the stadium. T shirts, of course are two for one sweatshirts or two for one if you're gonna get new gear for this season. This is the place to do it today, Shelby More Road Plaza. Come on buy. I think we still have plenty of bacon and some biscuits left, and some hot sauce for them eggs, So come on buy, and plenty of the hash we call those hash browns. They wouldn't be hash browns or hash rounds something like that. You're the food export. I mean, I hate to say that, you're the food potato things. Thank you. Po Yeah, they're like French fries, but for breakfast. Uh So, she'lly all real flys across from the Buffalo Wild Wings the location you know to where that is. Uh So, come on over here. It's gonna be fun talking about college basket or football next. So you're out. You just can go eat some breakfast. Next break Oh is is it? Nick Coffee's gonna call in. He's gonna call in and we're gonna talk college football.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you all want me to break down the University of Louisville fighting Cardinal.
Speaker 1: I think we're good.
Speaker 4: Game against Austin p Let's go Pete.
Speaker 3: Let's you said a bet one hundred bucks, so you're gonna tell me, yes, your philosophy.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, yeah, yeah, as a matter of fact, as a matter of fact, just give me the hundred and i'll you know, I'll know if you want or not.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fair, Yeah, because I use it. That's what we do. Greg and I are in the same Bible study.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: And so often when I'll do is I'll take up, you know, a collection to play the lagger with.
Speaker 5: You never do a collection when I'm there. You do it when I'm inside the.
Speaker 1: Hell, right.
Speaker 4: But I always let the group know if we want or not. So far we haven't won, all right, they're all cops, right, I know, all right.
Speaker 1: Weight Lass Centers of Louisville nine oh six seventy one oh five. Call that number if you're fat and you want to change your life, that's that's the number to call. Nine oh six seventy one oh five. I was there yesterday. Are very busy. Why because people are finally just picking up the phone and going, I'm fat and we'll do something about it. Nine oh six seventy one oh five. And don't forget to go to Unlimited Landscapes dot com. That's the company Unlimited landscapes in Middletown. There a family owned operator. I've known the owner, Steve Butler, since I was a teenager, and he's a fantastic dude. And he is the best pool installer in the state. So you want him. You've been doing it for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rachel Fight, get over here. Let's go ahead and give another one away television. Hey, can we get a hand for television's very own Rachel Fight.
Speaker 1: Actual. Yeah, she's the only child. She was a child star of the sevenies. Yeah, she was on the show or nineties, I'm sorry, nineties. Yeah, that's my nineties. That's my scooter. That's my scooter.
Speaker 2: God, there's four seasons that ran in the seventies, late seventies, and man, I gotta tell you, she looks great.
Speaker 1: Well. And Scooter was not a scooter. It was actually a person named Scooter. Right, that's my scooter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Scooter was the other child starter. Actually she played Scooter.
Speaker 1: She Scooter.
Speaker 4: She played Scooter.
Speaker 1: She was the most popular girl in school.
Speaker 2: I still have my scooter gear theaters. Oh my gosh, scooters here. It had it had her cats RaSE.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's what happened. She would do something crazy and everybody would go, that's our scooter, I know.
Speaker 4: Plus she was famous for breakfast.
Speaker 1: So we just gonna pick a damn name out. You want to raise your out, pick your name out.
Speaker 4: She's she's going to take a picture.
Speaker 1: She's over there messing with her person and a laptop, and it's like, picka damn name. Here we go.
Speaker 4: All right, it looks like Michelle erg.
Speaker 1: Berger fitting down. A cod goes in your pocket?
Speaker 4: Uh, just you know her social Security numbers? All right?
Speaker 1: Stop it? What she got a free biscuits and bacon and a fifty dollars gift card. Not bad for coming to looking at these two goofs that us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on by, we're dressed as carnies in a shirtless and black.
Speaker 1: Them back after this news radio eight forty chance. I cannot tell you. It's been a long summer and I cannot wait for football. And football is here, folks, and this weekend the full slate of games, including the local teams, are up and running. I cannot wait. Yes, the home schedules for a couple of the teams are not very sexy, but overall, I think the schedule are great and I think the biggest impactful decision in college football history was made, and this year will be the craziest college football season ever. You have twelve teams in the playoffs coming at the end of the season, and I don't think people realize that that the seven out of the not five of the conference championship, half of those will get They will get a home a home playoff game, which is unbelievable to think about, right, millions of dollars and it's gonna be at some point, I think it's gonna dwarf the NCAA basketball tournament. Well, we'll talk about it. Nick Coffee is in with us. He is every afternoon at three to six o'clock at Sports Talk seven ninety. Hello, Nick Coffee, How are you sick?
Speaker 6: Gentlemen?
Speaker 4: How are we doing?
Speaker 1: Happy?
Speaker 6: Football season?
Speaker 4: Doing good? Man?
Speaker 2: You were ice up some of those zemas for the weekend and kickback and party.
Speaker 4: With the fellas.
Speaker 6: I'm a white claw, guid, Oh.
Speaker 4: White claw, I'm on dude, Yeah, kickback?
Speaker 1: What's the news? Good news?
Speaker 2: It's like I feel like I'm in presence of the Marlboro Man whenever we're at a bar.
Speaker 1: You okay for a white claw? Okay? So I'm with like, Okay, there's two different things. When you do sports radio. You like the summer because you can do any topic right, or you're just waiting for football and you're just like, okay, I cannot wait to have something to actually talk about. Which one was for you? I mean, you're obviously happy the full slate of games are happening.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so you can go in different directions and it doesn't you know, you can take take the show off the road essentially, and when there's not you know, games to react to that everybody's talking about, then you know, people don't really notice it. But by the time I get to August is usually whenever I've done it out of that and I cannot wait for football to get here. So I'm excited. Yeah, you know, maybe I have an emptiness in my life that is filled whenever we get to football season because then basketball season starts right after that, and it's just it's it's my happy place. So yes, I'm excited. As you mentioned, Tony, the new twelve team playoff. Just I mean, think about this, You've got You've had more new teams and new conferences this year than the history of college football. So much conference re alignment actually takes place this year, with the Big Ten adding the West Coast teams Texas and Oklahoma, and the SEC this twelve team playoff. I mean, the portal has given us free agency. This is absolutely professional sports, and it still feels kind of weird to say that, but it's here and I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's start with Kentucky. I was just talking to folks earlier today and our gig here at Shelby a real plaza. Come on by, Kentucky, Brandy to get your gear. We still have some breakfast left from Wild Eggs, but let's start with them. I don't think Kentucky fans are paying attention. I'm reading the tea leaves. Mark Studs sounds like the husband that's a bottley his wife. Like he said a couple of weeks ago, I feel like all I'm doing is going to dinner and trying to raise money, and I'm not a football coach anymore. Like the last thing he's doing is coaching football and that's all he wants to do. And then at the press conference the other day he was like, they're like, are you ready for the season? He was like, absolutely not. I don't think they're paying attention. Stoops doesn't sound like a very motivated guy to coach his team. Am I off base? They were reading too much into that or what not at all.
Speaker 6: I don't really know what the expected reaction would be for Kentucky fans, because I think they realized that this guy has absolutely put them in a different I mean, they've never had sustained success quite like they've had under Mark Stoops.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: I don't think that the success has actually been as successful as they claim, but still they're on a different planet to where they were. They've been a solid program that had a couple of really special seasons throughout and I think they kind of know deep down that it's probably capped out, especially with the league getting even better now with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma. I think Stoops, if the A and M thing would have worked out, it would have been a part perfect timing for him, because it just kind of feels like he's maxed out what he can do there, and I think he be Kentucky fans they would have loved to I'm sure they're glad that they kept him, but like I could not believe what he said leading up to the SEC media days. As you mentioned those quotes about how he just doesn't know how much longer he can do this. He doesn't get to coach football. He's doing it all by himself. I mean, it's it's oh my god, I ever hear a coach say, and I'm surprised it was not a bigger story.
Speaker 1: No coach says that, right, and I can't. And then I was listening to the other folks over there on KSR and Matt was picking. You know, he's predicting nine wins, and I'm just like you, just I get it. It's part of sports talk radio and you got to pick a number. But come on, you can't. We cannot legitimately pick a number for u of L in neither Kentucky Kentucky. Here's my opinion. I think the defense is better for u of L this year than last year, thank god. But besides that, I think all the units are less. You have no idea how good the quarterbacks are, and that's the key for the entire season. I don't think the offense of line is better. I don't think the wide receivers are better. I don't think we have better running backs than we had last year. I don't think Kentucky. I think everything I just said about UL is the same thing happening with the UK. How can they I get it. You're a fan and you want to pick a number, but you have no idea. My transfers are better than your transfers. That's what they got, right. Am I wrong on that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, the transfers, it's always you just it's a wait and see kind of situation. There's oftentimes guys that come in that have high expectations from the portal and it doesn't work out. I mean like last year, one of the least talked about transfers for Louis Isasah Garndo, who made the Niners of course a great so he just really never never know what you're gonna get. But with Kentucky, I think they they have hit the portal just like everybody else. Their quarterback from Georgia, vandergriff he's gonna be if he if he's not able to, you know, be the guy they need him to be. I think they're gonna be in big trouble offensively because they don't have a great running back like they're used to, and it must be a team that's led by their defense, but Stoops did retain like so there's not as much talk about when you are doing well in the portal because you kept the really good players like Deon Walker is an All American for them. They probably had a lot of Nile resources that were not put to go out and get guys, but to keep guys who clearly could have gone elsewhere. So I think the Tucky's defense can be special this year. On offense, it's a huge question mark, as you mentioned on the Louisville side. I mean, I happen to think that Tyler Shuck is a much better quarterback than Jack Plumber. I think he's got more ability. It's just he's never played a season where he has finished the season healthy. He's actually never had a season in his seven years as a college quarterback where he played more than seven games, So keeping him healthy is a big question mark. There's no doubt about that. And running back, I mean, I think they've got some solid guys, but I don't know if anybody could replace Grindo and Jordan and feel as if they were, you know, as good as those two guys at receiver. You know, it was already a question mark, and then Colin Lacy goes down. So on offense, it is a question mark. But I get the sneaky sense that Jeff brom has. He's pretty comfortable with the pieces.
Speaker 1: That he has.
Speaker 6: Let's be real. He has many times at Western End at Purdue put a really good offense on the field with guys that you probably seeing the parking lot and not know they're on the team. I mean, he's really good at doing that. So I think I still I still trust his I still trust his ability to put something special out there. But on defense, man, I think Louisville, I think this defense could be pretty special this year.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 2: Talk with Nick Coffee Afternoon's seven ninety W no Sports Talk seven nights, FRST Talk seven ninety for all.
Speaker 1: Your sports has been seven ninety W Cardy for five years.
Speaker 4: But that's almost called it wacky.
Speaker 2: So whatever, two things, Nick Coffee, here's a catchphrase you can use on your show. Just came up with it just now whenever you're talking about UK, for for example, tomorrow night, Yeah, the wildcatch are playing tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just throwing out there. Use it.
Speaker 2: I want to maybe get this going, call it Caturday night. I just came up with it.
Speaker 1: I said that I.
Speaker 4: Just now came up.
Speaker 2: But number two, since you got into sports radio, how thick is your skin gotten?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Because it's a tough gig.
Speaker 6: Oh. I will say this and I mean this one thousand percent. Sincerely. I've been at iHeart for about eight and a half years now, and Tony Venetty's given me a lot of good advice. And one of the best pieces of advice he's given me is to just not treat the platform that is Twitter as if it's real life.
Speaker 4: And I didn't.
Speaker 6: I was, you know, didn't take him to heart on that initially, but then over the years it's become the best advice I've ever given when it comes to that. So, uh, you know, it's I'm used to it now, but yeah, it's a time, especially whenever you've got to you know, let's be real. The basketball season here recently was terrible the last two and having to kind of just address that every single day. You know, it's hard not for people to think that, you know, you're you're piling on, but hey, I got a job to do them on the air for three hours every day, and in a market when we care about college hoops and we had somebody that was, you know, destroying the program, so you know, you get used to it.
Speaker 5: Hey, Nicket's Greg get you.
Speaker 3: I wonder do you think this schedule is a little bit tougher this year for Louisville?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I mean I know. I mean they've got going to Clemson. I mean, even though they're not what they were four or five years ago, that's still a place people don't go to and win very often. I don't believe that SMU is going to be quite the challenge that some people thought they would be. I don't think they're going to transition to the ACC as well as others. However, look what Georgia Tech just did, so that gives you a chance to have another tough opponent, which could really you know, with that comes good value if you knock them off. That could be at that time maybe a top top twenty five win before you get set to go to play Notre Dame. And again you had Notre Dame last year, and now you've got to play them again at their place, another place that you just don't see teams going and win very often. So I think the schedule is still manageable, but it's no doubt in my opinion, at least as of right now on paper, heading into the season, it's tougher than it was a year ago.
Speaker 1: At Notre Dame at Clemson that those are tough places to get a win. Clemson's almost impossible.
Speaker 6: And not feel so bad for the home schedule.
Speaker 1: Oh my, the Louisville home schedule is trash. I love Cardinals, but Austin p and Jackson.
Speaker 6: Miami and that's a that it And then maybe Georgia Tech is something, but still that's it.
Speaker 1: That's a reach. Maybe maybe, but man, Clemson night game, you ain't winning that. Whatever time that game is, I'm telling you, if it's that, if it's a noon kick, we got a change.
Speaker 6: Telling Jeff from what you're saying right now, because I'm not.
Speaker 1: I told you, I don't, don't.
Speaker 6: I mean, what is this the other day?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, get your Please be careful leaving. Don't step on these names.
Speaker 1: They keep dropping. So Jeff, I said, I did see Jeff the other day, and this is simply what I said to him. I said, I said, hey, man, we're at a visitation, and I said, hey, don't screw up, second year dude. That's great, great, Jo I said, great job winning ten the first year, you dumb ass.
Speaker 6: On Saturday, it's gonna be in his mind. He's gonna say, damn it. Tony told me not. Now the pressure's on. I can't screw up your two.
Speaker 1: He doesn't listen. He doesn't listen. Hey. Before then, I said, hey, you know who makes the best recruiters? Right, he goes, who's that? I said, the best liars? Except for you, Jeff.
Speaker 2: No, that's right, Hey, real quick, real quick. I gotta say follow Nick coffee on.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we gotta go.
Speaker 4: His videos are hilarious, all right, love, look at that rock star chucks over.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it is all right man, Okay, buddy, hell thanks Nick, We'll see you, buddy, Go carts, go's whatever. Alright man. We are at branded Kentucky Coucky branded Kentucky branded.
Speaker 2: Fifty off T shirts and sweatshirts for University of Louisville and the UK twenty five percent off.
Speaker 1: You think they're gonna want these back?
Speaker 4: No, there's no way, there's no way. Probably come on, bye baby, catch take advantage of the sale. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Kentucky branded at the Shelbyville Road Plaza Street Shopping Center plaz.
Speaker 1: Back after this news radioit forty w A. All right, what a great show today on the road at Childerro Plaza, Kentucky branded. Come by and get your gear. The specials go on all weekend.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right, fifty or buy one, get one free University of Louisville UK T shirt, sweatshirts twenty five percent off hats.
Speaker 4: Come on by Kentucky Brandy. You're gonna love him.
Speaker 1: Greg get yous guys books for sale.
Speaker 2: He can find them at a Greg get your on the station book.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gregory gets.
Speaker 5: You and I enjoyed being here on Wacky seventy nine.
Speaker 1: Shut up, man, we'll see you later and have a great weekend of college football for Dwight Wynton and Austin and Rick Beck in the studio. I'm Tony Venetti and have a great day. Radio eight forty w ah is