Speaker 1: Welcome to Political Beatdown. I'm Ben Mycelis, joined by Dina Dohl. I think we'll get Michael Cohen back in the next week week and a half. No, of course, out of respect for the trial process, out of respect for Justice Mershon's orders and requests, Michael Cohen will not be appearing on Political beat Down, I think until there's at least closure in the case, which would be a verdict. Dina, I think you and I both expect that verdict to come next week, by next Thursday or Friday. Given some of the delays that took place. Justice Mershon explained today that the summations would take place beginning after Memorial Day, so starting Tuesday. I think Justice Mershon smartly didn't want to kind of have a big gap with Memorial Day after summation where jurors may forget what's going on, and so the summation goes right into deliberation, and they were able to use the other time which they needed anyway today and we'll see if there's some other days to go over things like the charging instructions for the jury, where the jury will ultimately get the law that they need to apply to the facts. The other jury instructions were discussed if there were disputes over which instructions should be given to the jury. Remember, it's the judge's job to basically advise on what the law is. It is the jury that is the trier of fact. They take the law they're given and then they apply the facts to it. So when you have to deal with charging instructions, you go and you look at what the law is that gets handed over to the jury, And there may be disputes over what type of instructions the jury receives. For example, you know whether there is an instruction about something called advice of counsel, which has to be asserted before the trial begins, or at least at some point during the trial, in which case the defendant has to testify. An advice of counsel instruction is basically a criminal defendant saying it's my lawyer's fault they misled me. I got bad advice. But the criminal defendant has to take the stand. So Trump and his legal team were trying to be a little sneaky and say that we're not actually requesting an advice of council instruction. We're requesting a presence of council instruction. They invented their own concept and said, well, Trump didn't testify, so we didn't formally assert advice of counsel, but we still want to blame the lawyers, and we want to give the jury instructions on that, and moments ago Justice Mershan's life like presence of counsel. That's not a real thing denied. And so it was things like that that were discussed whether or not when we're dealing with falsified business records, whether it's enough for a person who's being charged with it to cause the records to be falsified versus actually them going with the the magic marker or the sharpie and quite literally falsifying the records themselves. If they cause the records to be falsified through their acts and conduct and others, then do it. You can't then blame the others. So that was discussed. It is enough if Donald Trump put in motion thereby causing business records to be falsified, so all of this stuff for MAGA blaming it on the bookkeeper, that's not what the law is. The law is if Trump caused the bookkeeper to then make the false entury, Trump is criminally responsible, So that was ruled on moments ago. And then Dina, you know yesterday we had Robert Costello testify. My brother Jordi, you know, I think said it brilliantly. So Robert Costello is this maga lawyer. And the way the media tried to present the way they claimed Michael Cohen was going to testify, like Cohen was just going to start going all crazy and being disruptive and engage in contemptuous behavior. Of course Cohen didn't do that. Everybody who watches political beat down and maya Copan knows that Cohen conducts himself professionally. Everyone knows how Cohen would act, and Cohen acted professionally, made eye contact with the jury. But the way the media narrative was like, this is how Cohen's gonna act, is how the witness, like, really the one witness Donald Trump called acted, Robert Costello like grinning and making noises at the Ajustice Mershon, staring him down, making snide remarkable. Then you strike it and so like Justice Mershon had to like shut down the courtroom, close it and basically warn Robert Costello that he would be held in contempt if he continued to engage in that conduct. The cross examination of Costello was what a cross examination should be. And Costello basically collapsed on cross examination, not literally, but you know, you had jurors who were basically laughing in Costello's face, and Trump's lawyers did not want to call Costello. Apparently Trump made them call Costello, and it was just devastating because Costello was like, I didn't care about Donald Trump. I don't care about Trump or Giuliani. I was focused on helping Michael Cohen. And then very quickly the way across is supposed to happen like pool boom boom. The prosecutor Susan Hoppaderson. Oh really, you said that your interests were Cohen. Well, here are all of the emails basically behind the scenes where you had Costello calling Cohen and a hole and basically telling people if we really need to help Trump here and Cohen's not playing ball and what can we do with Cohen? And we really need to help Trump out right here? And you know and more. It's that effect. So it actually and I'll throw it to you, Dina, It put the perfect ribbon on the prosecution's case. Then now you had this like mafia style dude lawyer masquerading as like trying to be Cohen's lawyer, weasel his way in on behalf of Trump to like cover it up, like and like to silence Cohen. Like what better way for the prosecution to end the case than have Costello testify? So what a blunder the by the defense if you want to talk about drawing blood, how devastating of a witness for the defense was Costello? And that leads us to where we are today. So that's may intro. Dina. I'm so grateful for you posting this with me while Cohen's way. Everybody loves to see it. What'd you make of today and where we're headed?
Speaker 2: I'm so grateful to be here. I mean, this is such a historic case. I agree with you. I mean I think that the defense should have just not put on a case, you know, it's just don't put on a case, rather than put on a witness like Robert Castello. And then in closing you can put holes in the case and it is the prosecutor's burden, you know. But at this point when you put on Robert Castello, like that, the fact that the jury had to leave twice during his testimony because of how disrespectful he was to the judge. They didn't hear the clear the courtroom line, right, they had already left, but they saw him answering even when he wasn't supposed to be answering, and muttering the g's behind under his breath, and they knew, they knew why they were being asked to leave. They you know, I mean, it's logical that he was going to get reprimanded by the judge. First of all, the jury is very aligned with the judge. The judge is, you know, looking out for them, right instruction, they know to look out to him, and honestly, in this kind of a situation, the judge is protecting them literally, you know, making instructions to the media don't talk about them so much because you know, they were getting kind of outed in the beginning. The jury knows this. One of the juris in particular, during that sidebar was saying how she had been worried about her safety and she ended up staying, and the judge was like, don't worry like I am going to you know, make sure that they don't report about you. So when you are being so respectful to the judge, it's as if you are being disrespectful to the jury. They see themselves as one unit in that respect, And again, this whole case is about were you unlawful? Were you willing to be unlawful to win the presidency? And when you have your one witness completely flouting the law. Judge in this trial is the symbol of the law, and you are sitting there not caring about his rulings and being so disrespectful. It's like the last thing you want to do when you're trying to say that the defendant is a law abiding citizen, and that's the true probably for any criminal defendant. You're trying to show that you're a law abiding citizen. But in this respect, when you're dealing with this power and the fact that the prosecution today was able to get in those emails for the second time, those emails to me were I think one of the most damaging parts of the case because it shows that once he got into the presidency, he continued to abuse his power. He used the power of the White House in this mafia style setting. There's more than one way to get somebody to do what you want to do, right, You threaten violence, and you threaten like with your power, and he was threatening with his power, trying to keep Michael Cohen quiet. And the prosecutors had are gotten that email and once, but they got to get it in a second time. And that is alone enough of a reason not to have had Robert Castello testify. It was really clear that they were trying to keep Michael Cohen quiet with this power of the presidency. And so you see again and again from the prosecution and the evidence that they put forward, the defense and Robert Costello and the emails that put forward, that Trump was willing to abuse his power. He was willing to flout the law to become president and then once president to you know, interfere with the justice system and the judge when he goes to give the jury the case, like we may talk about the more the during sections, like you said, but he's also going to tell them to use their common sense. He's going to tell them, you know, that they're allowed to use their life experience to determine somebody's credibility, the witness's credibility. He already told them that in the beginning of the case. He also was going to tell them and that they can use their common sense. And if you have common sense, and you see the defense act like that to the judge, and you see testimony and testimony, and you see the politicians parading inside the courtroom, the common sense is that Trump did what he wanted to do and he didn't care about the law, and neither does anybody else around him.
Speaker 1: Think about it this way, Dina as well. Michael Cohen, my co host on Political peat Down. He testified for about twenty one hours, twenty one hours of testimony, and I know the corporate media tried to pick apart quite literally like thirty seconds, which, by the way, where Cohen was being honest, he was corroborated by contemporaneous photos that the prosecution then had to show these c Span photos from October twenty fourth of twenty sixteen. Cohen was honest, and where back in the day he did wrong. He told the truth. There wasn't any moment where they were like, but ah, here's what I have. Cohen was honest. He told the good, he told the bad, he told the ugly, and he submitted to twenty one hours. I mean it wasn't voluntarily. He was a subpoena witness, but Cohen's had to testify probably more than almost like any American in almost anything period. And he does it, and he looks at the jury. He's honest, he's candid, and as I said, the good, the bad, the ugly. We know Cohen's having his Maya Culpa moment right now, which is who Coen always was. He recognizes what he did was wrong in the past. We know that about him. That's his podcast, it's called Maya Culpa on Political Beatdown. He acknowledges in his books. He's acknowledged, this is what I did wrong in my life, and I want to make up for it. But he wasn't fighting on the cross exam. He was just telling the truth. On the other hand, just think about when Donald Trump sued Cohen. Let's talk about that, the civil case where Trump sues Cohen for five hundred million dollars and Cohen's like, all right, you're suing me. I guess I'm gonna have to testify. I'm ready. Well, let's take your deposition, then, Donald Trump, and let's have you testify about all the things that you think I did wrong. Delay, delayed, Delay. Trump says he's going to testify delay, delayed, delay. Then Donald Trump, right, as he's compelled to show up for his deposition, dismisses the case. Right, and what does he do here? Today? Donald Trump invoked his Fifth Amendment again self incrimination. He previously said only mobsters invoke the Fifth. Right, he said only mobsters invoke the Fifth, Whereas Michael Cohen has testified more than any American, Donald Trump has invoked the Fifth Amendment more than any American. Fifth Fifth. He invoked the fifth originally in the civil fraud trial, and then he gave this like meandering position. But Donald Trump is mister invoked the fifth and he did it again. And Donald Trump after saying I'm gonna toast the four Yeah, I have nothing to hide, and his lawyers saying he's got nothing to hide. He is a loser. He's a loser. He is a weak loser, cower at his core. He's not a tough guy. He is a loser. And he always shows us what a loser he is over and over again. And I think today, look, the jury can't be told Dina in a criminal case. Oh, he's invoking the fifth, so have an adverse inference. He has a constitutional right to invoke it. But here in the court of public opinion. We should say, Donald Trump, you are the biggest freaking cry baby loser that there is. You are a weak, weak loser. That's who you are.
Speaker 2: Diana, all Right, that was true, Bed, That was I just have to take that in for a second. Maybe he will hear it. He can't change his mind, unfortunately. Yeah, that he's obsessed with the cold right, I mean I don't understand that honestly, Like I know, we it's we're far from trying to understand Donald Trump, But his obsession with the cold courtroom, I don't know. I feel like a psychologist needs to like break that down. He is willing to lie all the time. Like in his press conference yesterday he says, how we you know he's the word we we you know didn't do the legers. He basically admitted to the whole crime. That's why he doesn't take the fifth because he did what he did. He has told us enough, you know, in his tweets he talked about it being a reimbursement, and in his press conference yea yesterday he says, we, you know, didn't you know do this like he did it? And that's you know, he has cheated his way through his entire life. He's so corrupt. He's done it with all of his businesses. He's doing it with his public company now. And he did it with our presidency. He did it as a candidate, he did it once he got in office, he did it once he lost the office. He's doing it again. And you know, Fox News, they have covered all thirty three of his little press conferences before and after the hearing where he just lies all the time about the judges and anything else, or yesterday and midst the entire crime. You know. But yes, he's not willing to go and sit in that stand because he can't. He did it, and he knows he did it. And I still think I really wish that we had had cameras or at least sound coming from that courtroom, because there was I really feel like people needed to hear how fair that judge was. He's really impressive. And that's why, you know, Trump couldn't do it, because there's no way he was going to be able to overcome the evidence in there.
Speaker 1: Look, I wish he actually wasn't such a loser, because it's just so embarrassing for our country that the leader of one of our two major political parties, is such a loser, Like he dresses up these maga Republican Congress members and they show up in their red ties that don't fit them, and then they parrot what he says. How unfair it is and how depressing the courtroom is, and the ultimate boot lickers. I truly wish that they weren't such losers, and like, you know, you know, that he was like at least somewhat competent, so you could be like, well, you know, at least they're somewhat you know, but like the the loser quality of it, how easy it is to call out the loser conduct and to predict what he's going to do, Like, look, he ain't going to debate. We all know he's gonna He's not going to debate. He's going to do the same thing he always does. Oh, we need a drug test, President Biden, we need to do a drug test. Oh. President Biden's not doing the Fox debate. It's unfair. Oh, Jake Tapper is the deep state. I'm not going to like I wish Dina it wasn't so predictable, because then I may not be as frustrated when corporate media doesn't cover it, like accurately, you know, like even like with that Wildwood, New Jersey event, right, there wasn't one hundred thousand people. There was like five to ten thousand people. And it's so easy to see it that the frustrating part is like when the Associated Press goes, oh, at eighty thousand and one hundred thousand people, and then I'm like, don't you realize that's Trump's people who are telling the maga mayor of Wildwood, who's under indictment, what the numbers are to tell the press so that they could use it to spread their propaganda. I wish it wasn't so easy to see it, because I think I may be less frustrated. It was like a complex Rubik's cube, and I was like, oh, oh, you got me, good, you got But it's so obvious, it's so flagrant. He's posting like bring back the Reich videos. I mean, it's so absurd that it even makes it doubly triply infinitely worse that it's so obvious in our face, and yet people are so easy to be manipulated by the corporate media of what is actually going on here. And you said at Bestina that they're doing such a disservice that when and if there is a guilty verdict, Look, there ain't gonna be an acquittal. Let's be clear, right, it's either going to be hung with one with maybe one juror holdout. That's rogue that nobody saw coming, which I hope is not the case. I don't think is the case. There ain't gonna be an acquittal. So if and when there's a guilty verdict, the public feels confused because they're not being educated on the transcripts and what's really happening in the courtroom like you do, Dina and Karen Freeman, Agnifolo and Popac and we do here unbeat down.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely. And I think part of the problem too with Trump and his circle is they do so many bad things that you know, people move on, right, like even just the press conference, Like I'm actually still just so bothered about the number of politicians that have showed up and disparaged our justice system like that to me, like if that had even happened, you know a few years ago, we would be I think more upset about it. But now it's reported like, oh Okay, somebody's showing up, somebody's showing up. I again, I think what he's doing today to our justicistm is what he did to our media. He's so damaged the reputation of our media. I think it's never come back. And I'm really worried he's doing that to our justice system. And we have elected a ficials participating in this and that today. The person who spoke today was talked about the ruling class, right, like the ruling class, you know, taking it to Donald Trump, and I'm like, you're the ruling class. I mean, I know a reporter said Donald Trump is the ruling class, but so are all those politicians if they don't think they're there because of power and privilege, Like that's the ruling class in our country. Do you think that everyday Americans can leave their jobs and go travel in front of a courtroom and have the luxury of speaking their opinion about it. No, if you on your job employers dime, can go and travel to a jurisdiction that has absolutely nothing to do with your job for the sole purpose of talking about something that has absolutely nothing to do with your job. You are the ruling class, and you are using that power and that privilege that those voters have given you not to do your job, but to disparage our justice system, which doesn't belong to Trump, It doesn't belong to Maga, it doesn't replong to those people in front of those microphones. It belongs to us, and as a lawyer and really just as like an everyday American. That really is almost one of the most upsetting things about this child.
Speaker 1: I want to show that clip of the Texas Lieutenant Governor Maga, Republican who showed up and said that. I also want to show you Donald Trump as he was leaving the courthouse moments ago. And then I want to show you as well some other clips you and I will go over. Let's do that, but let's take just our first quick break of the show.
Speaker 3: Have you ever wished that you had whiter and a brighter smile? Well before you visit a dentist used to know that they're whitening treatments. They're very expensive, and you know what, it's not just the price. You also have to book the appointment, schedule time away from work or family to sit in the dentist's office chair well to going this procedure. It's a hassle. Fortunately, now you can try smile actives at home or anywhere anytime. Smile Actives offers a safe and an affordable alternative to those expensive whitening procedures. You see, I've had past experience with these whitening agents, and I gotta tell you, I hated it. It causes these zingers afterwards. It's really uncomfortable. And I'm a big coffee drinker, and so I hate to say it. Your teeth gets stained. But that's why it's so important to you Smile Actives because it brings you a bright smile, and a bright smile makes a good impression. Smile Actives makes the teeth whitening gel that can simply be added to your toothpaste every time that you brush your teeth, so there's no change in your routine, there's no extra time and there's no MESSI strips, trays or lights simply adds Smile Actives pro whitening gel to your regular toothpaste. It's been formulated with polyclean technology to boost stain removal and deliver active whitening ingredients into teats, grooves, and crannies so that you get better whitening. Ninety seven percent of Smile Actives users in a clinical trial reported up to six shades wider on average. Listen to what I just said, up to six shades wider on average and all within thirty days. I mean, that's the kind of trial that I like. So what are you waiting for? Start getting comments on your wider, brighter smile in just days Visit smile actives dot com slash beat today to receive a special buy one, get one free offer with put delivery plus free shipping and handling. That's Smile Actives dot com slash Beat. Terms and conditions apply fecite for details.
Speaker 4: As you know, I'm a video editor, podcaster and co founder of the Midas Touch Network. We're doing a lot living in more heart healthy life fuels everything you do. Introducing three to one blood pressure support plus COQ ten from Superbats Heart Shoes Advanced paired with a healthy life style. The grape seed extract in Superbats is clinically shown to be nearly two times more effective at promoting normal blood pressure than a healthy lifestyle alone. New Superbeats Hearts Shoes Advance supports healthy COQ ten level and important nutrient for heart health. Superbeats Heart Shoes are incredibly delicious and so much better than any alternative supplements out there. I take my Superbeats Heart shoes each morning and it's really kickstarted my morning routine. After taking my Superbeats Heart shoes, I feel like I have more energy and I'm ready to take on the day. COQ ten generates ninety five percent of the cellular energy your heart needs, but it can decline with age, stress, and statin use. Superbeats Heart Shoes Advance is effective and contains clinically researched ingredients from super Beats, the number one doctor, pharmacist, and cardiologists recommended Beat brand for cardiovascular health. Soon find out how you can get a free thirty day supply on bundles of new super Beats Heartshoose Advance and save fifteen percent for a limited time only by going to super Beats Radio Promo code Beat. That's super b E E T Sradio dot com promo code Beat and that promo code is B E A T.
Speaker 1: Thank you to our pro Democracy sponsors right there. You can check out them and get the discount codes and the description below. It was good to see Cohen with that ad read right there. You know, I miss Cohen because he's my friend. I want to talk to him more as well, and we decided that we would take lots of our conversations to the podcast. But don't you worry. When this trial concludes, Michael Cohen will be back and in full effect, and we will make sure that we will hold those Patreon after shows and you'll get, you know, see Michael Cohen. If you want to join patreon dot com slash Political Beatdown in anticipation of Cohen's return when Cohen will meet with everybody and we do those zoom meetings, you can join at Patreon p A t R e o N dot com slash Political Beatdown. Diana, before we took that break, you mentioned that moment where Donald Trump had the Maga Republican congress members and Maga Republican politicians from DC and across the country. You know, Trump dresses them up. I'm making this up. Trump makes them wear these like long red ties and they all show up dressed up like they're like like there, Donald Trump, it's so weird. And so here here's you see them right there. Here is the Maga Republican Lieutenant Governor Patrick of Texas. And here's where he talks about the ruling class. This is what you reference Dina. Let me just show you how pathetic this is. So you have him speaking first, then this maga Republican Sebastian Gorka starts doing with the magas do like attacks the person asking the question. What the ridiculous question that you're asking about?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 1: How pathetic of a question. It's it's just so, it's such a pathetic sight to see. But let me show you then I'll get your reactions to the average America.
Speaker 5: What happens to any of you if the courts of New York come after any of you because of something you said, because you said something the ruling class didn't like. And that's what all these other countries are about. They shut down the ruling class. They want to be any They want to be sure that anyone that speaks up against the ruling class disappears.
Speaker 3: They want Donald Trump to disappear.
Speaker 5: They want to send him to jail. They want to take him off the main stage because they know here's their biggest danger, to take.
Speaker 3: In the ruling class down.
Speaker 5: No, you know why Donald Trump is not the ruling class.
Speaker 1: Be facing seven hundred and thirty years in prison? What a pathetic question? Seven hundred and thirty years and he's a member of the elite. That's pathetic. You're not a journalist, so it's not so bad, you know it. It is. It is a sight to behold. Indeed, let's go through some of the other clips. This was moments ago as Donald Trump exited the courthouse, where he starts like reading these notes and these articles that he gets from. He has this lady who gets paid by his political action committees, and Trump's political action committees had paid her over one hundred thousand dollars and her job, quite literally is she follows him around wherever he goes with a portable printer and then she prints right wing articles that she and Trump's campaign and lawyers think that Donald Trump will like. Then Trump takes a sharpie and he crosses out parts of those right wing articles that he doesn't like, and he sanitizes them. Often. He then posts them on his social media platform, like edited and manipulated, even the right wing ones if they have any references that he doesn't like. He hasn't posted as many because of the gag order. But anyway, she hands him over the paper and then he starts reading and he goes The judge hates Donald Trump. And then let me let me show you this clip. This is from moments ago. Let's play it low and so los judge Trump.
Speaker 5: Just take a love, take a look at it, take a look at where he comes shot.
Speaker 1: Just such a weird dude, Like when you watch him there again, this isn't like a this isn't even political commentary, Like he is exactly who my dad told me to just be careful if you see somebody like that at a bar or in a public space, you just avoid somebody like that because if he wasn't the leader of the Republican Park Party, you know he's he's the type of person that you see and look there are you know, there are issues out there, and I'm trying to be sensitive, you know to it who are like screaming on the corner of streets and you know, and I don't want and I'm not trying to let Donald Trump out by saying, oh mental, I mean, you know, he should be fully held accountable. But when you watch the ranting and raving, this is a non political analysis. Like just objectively, he's like a crazy person and he's like a baby, and like just even the descriptions of him in court like taking his little baby naps and then he wakes up and then his lawyers tell him what happened, and then he crosses his arms and he's like he's like, it's like a little bay. It's like a baby, and no offense to babies. Like like, here's this was a moment from about a half hour ago. Dina. So this is Annabauer, great reporter, she's reporting what's going on. She goes. So they're arguing about whether Trump can basically get an instruction on what's essentially an adviceive counsel light defense. We've been here before, just Merchhaan has rejected this kind of approach during pre trial proceedings as it doesn't exist under the law. Justice Mershon then goes to Emil Bobe, Trump's lawyer, we've been here before. My answer has a change, and I understand the argument that you're making. My ruling is the jury will not hear that instruction from the bench. And the jury will not hear that argument. It is denied. It's not going to happen. Then Trump's other lawyer, Todd Blanche leans over, whispers something in Trump's ear. Trump leans back, and then like and like crosses his arms, and like the totality of these descripts, like a little baby boy, you know, and no offense to baby boys. But it's a little baby boy here he is speaking of this little baby man baby boy, he goes. The reason that he says, I'm not testifying is because I'm not allowed to say what I really would like to say. And you be very impressed by what I want to say, but I can't say it because I'm gagged here what watch this? This was moments ago as well, and you see what's happened there with you bought. And remember, I'm gay.
Speaker 3: I'm not allowed to say what i'd like to really say.
Speaker 2: He'd be very impressed, but I'm gay, So why would I take the chance.
Speaker 5: We want to defend our constitution, So at some point maybe.
Speaker 1: I will take the chance little man baby boy, no to no offense denon.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's like a comedy show. I love your impressions, Ben, And in a way, maybe that's how we should be treating Trump. It's like, yes, he's serious to our democracy, but he's also why are we taking him considering him to be a serious person. He's not a serious person. He's not serious about the job. He's not serious about the country. He's not serious about anything. He's the ultimate victim. Like even when he's sitting there talking about the judge, how the judge is just like obsessively hates him. The judge doesn't care about him, Like really, he's got a ton of criminal defendants that come through his courtroom all the time, and he is not made one ruling that's really unusual, and he isn't going to because he cares more about his job in the rule of law. You're not that important to him Trump, You're just not. And but like in Trump's world, like he has to be the most important person at all times and all things. And you know, whether it's just do with the temperature or the judge or whatever, you know, and and that like, yeah, we have elected or we did elect at one point, like a complete narcissist baby. And you know, you know how he always talks about fair like, oh, things aren't fair. It's not fair. It's not fair. Like to me, that sounds like a child, you know, because if you have lived any semblance of life, I think you know life isn't fair. Like there's a lot of things that happen to really good people that are bad and you know, like I who still thinks that life can always be fair, like that to me sounds like a child, to be honest, like a child who has had no experience with life. You know, I would love it if, like in the closing, just to kind of like get under Trump's skin, the prosecutor was talking about how, you know, how David Pecker had to enter into the non prosecution agreement and Michael Cohen went to jail, and it would only be fair, you know, if Trump paid for his part in the proceedings. Let's be fair about this. I would love for them to use that just for my own personal thing and to see what Trump would do, because yeah, I I to me like, hey, if this thing is really fair, it's your turn. Donald Dean.
Speaker 1: It's so funny, but right, my brother Bridge a little base of the baby. He's a ridiculous person. And I mean this is the most not like in a non political way, you know, And that's why, you know, we do a lot of interview with you know, people who are kind of traditionally conservative, mainstream conservative people you know, who look at this too and go this just this, this is just not like normal behavior. I was laughing because my brother Bretscha sent me this article that The New York Times wrote about us, and it was like, how media outlets are covering Justice Mershon in Trump's criminal trial, and then they go like the right, then they go the left, and so this is how like the left is covering the criminal trial that might have touched like the left. And I'm like, what what is left about this? It's funny that if you and to me, that's you know, one of the issues that's out there is that somehow that baby ish, toddler like behavior from from Donald Trump is being you know, they use the words, oh, that's conservative, that's right wing, that's that's not mainstream conservative, that's not mainstream Republican thought to behave in this way, I go, it's so cold in freezing I mean, it's like seventy six degrees in the courthouse, by the way, Like there are people now who are going in there just to prove that it's not called in the courthouse, like like Frank Brendan, like it's not cold in the courthouse, like me saying, it's weird that he keeps on falling asleep, whining like a little man baby. He is this isn't a leftist perspective or viewpoint yet when the corporate media has to tell that they have to divide you into sides, and our audience knows that these aren't these aren't like side issues. This is just objective to thing like, look, there's it's not a lefty thing for me to take a look at Donald Trump saying we'll be right. This is what he said when he walked in. We're gonna be resting pretty quickly, resting meaning not resting, sleeping, like resting the case here like play this clip here, I.
Speaker 2: Am and will be doing something in the morning, and they're probably coming back at the afternoon, and we'll be wrestling pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: I won't rest.
Speaker 1: I want to rest sometimes to rest.
Speaker 5: But we are.
Speaker 1: He's quite literally been sleeping eighty percent of this case dita. And it's not a lefty thing to be like, oh, that's weird, that's weird. All corporate media, all media should just be saying that's weird. The sky is blue, the waters the water's blue, the grass is you know, the grass is green or whatever color, like we should just have an objective reality that that this is weird and and that to me is you know why we have here progressives and liberals and mainstream conservatives and independents and everybody just like, what the world is this? What do you make of that data?
Speaker 2: You know, it is kind of too bad that New York Times fed into that narrative, because again, I think that Donald Trump kind of really amplified it. If he didn't create that narrative, he certainly amplified it in twenty sixteen, this idea that all media has to be assigned either left or right. You know, before him, we didn't really have that that framework. But since him, you know, so, I think the New York Times honestly saying that kind of feeds into Again, I think the damage you did to our media in twenty sixteen was huge, and that was one of the things he did was label certain channels, and then now the New York Times kind of grabbing that label. To me, I think that reporter just never watched you. You know, That's what I think when I read that, because if you actually are watching the Minus Touch network, you see how much you guys are going into the weeds of the legal details and the facts of the case, and at that point you're just giving information. So I think that a reporter just hasn't really done their due diligence if they're just automatically going to lay but one thing or another. And the fact of the matter is is we have a Fox that has paid almost a billion dollars for their information for their lies that they had around the twenty sixteen election. So I don't think it's really fair to say, oh, this network is reporting the facts, and yes, these facts are bad to Donald Trump, like you said, the constant sleeping and the trial, Like, yes, that's bad to Donald Trump. If you're going to report that, it doesn't make them look good, but it's a fact. And then you have the other network who's willing to quite frankly, still report on his lies and talk about how the judge hates him. You know, I don't think the judge hates him technically. You know, he's saying things that are defamatory towards to the justice to quite be quite honest, he's saying that he's in the pocket of the Democrats and all that kind of stuff, and they're willing to amplify it. So to me, there's also like this unrecognition that we're not really just talking about different networks, even having different political points of view. We're talking about a huge network in this country who's willing to put people on the air who are going to lie. That's not journalism and it's a direct result, to be quite frank, of the rolling back of the regulations that happened years ago. So I kind of wish that was maybe more part of the article rather than just you know, deciding to feed into the Trump narrative that like a network has to be you know, liberal or conservative, or how about it just willing to be factual or not factual exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, look the article. I mean, I'm glancing at it right now and I'll have to read the full thing. You know, it seems otherwise good. But that frameworks to me. That the framework to me though is you know, to your point and what I was saying before is is just is very unique to me. I mean, like our editor in chief, Ron Philipkowski was a lifelong Republican. Some of the videos here that do the best on the network, and sometimes even you know, are more liberal and progressive supporters like Ben can you stop interviewing the dissentas supporters? Stop bringing them come on and and I say, look, I genuinely want to show that there could be you know, adult conversations even with people who I very much disagree with on politics, and we could focus on issues that unite us, like when Maga attacks people who are in recovery from drugs and recovery from alcoholism, and they mock that. So I try to find areas where we could find commonality, like, look, we're not it's not okay to treat people like to mock Hunter Biden for his drug addiction in the past while he's in recovery. If you want to talk about other things, do that, but don't mock someone who's who's in recovery. And and I try to find these issues that bring us, that bring us together. So and I have former Arkansas Republican Governor Asa Hutchinson on the show. I've had John Bolton, you know, on the you know on the show, and we we have just difficult adult conversations all the time on it. But let me read for you from this article what it says it goes. Conservative media has been preoccupied for weeks with Justice Mershon, the New York judge presiding over the Manhattan criminal trial against former President Donald Trump. Liberal outlets have focused less on Justice Mershon, instead centering their coverage of the trial on the charges against mister Trump and the figures in his orbit. So when we talk about that framework right there in and of itself, right, the liberal media are focused on the charges and the crimes. Right, the conservative media is focused on attacking Justice Mershon's personality. Maybe that's not conservative when because if you were to be conservative, you would want to conserve the judiciary, you would want to conserve the institutions. You would want to conser the rule of law. So if you are a true conservative, you would apply the law. You would focus on the charges, you would focus on the facts. You would say, everybody has their day in court, and we have to respect the verdict of the jury the same way I respect here. But we would not be saying, if you're a conservative, defund the FBI. You are a conservative, you would not be saying, defund these prosecutors. If you are a conservative, you would not be saying, defund the Department of Justice and take them down, or defund the Department of Education, or defund all of these Uh, defund the FBI. Look, I can have I could be very critical of when FBI, when DOJ when they overcharge I could have I could be very critical of the inequities of how the law is applied, how black and brown communities are charged at rates far greater than other communities, and how that needs to be addressed systemically. We could be very critical. There's also very important functions of the FBI and counter terrorism and dealing with insurrectionists and dealing with domestic terrorism. Right that we need to uphold law and order and if any types of protests go from kind of peaceful protests which are strictly protected under our constitution, to becoming violent in any way, law and order says, there should be criminal charges full stop. You don't go violent. That's not what the First Amendment protects. So if you are a conservative, you should be focused on the things that this is saying that that the liberal media is focused on. And then we're mentioned over here where it says and if you can see it, it says from the left, you know, you know, mightas touched. And again I appreciate that there's cover. I want to I appreciate that there's coverage of what we're doing because I'd love for the word to get out more and to bigger audiences. But it's an important point about how I feel about bringing people together, and that's such an important part of this network. I want to bring people together under commonality of pro.
Speaker 2: Democracy, absolutely, and you know it is because I think, you know, you have cared so much about this network that that kind of is doesn't feel great to be given this label like as if you're not reporting on the facts because you guys, you know, and now I get to be a part of this, like as lawyers have really come forward and really given it straight the law and the facts for so many years with the idea of giving people the information and then respecting them enough to be able to make a decision for them. And that's you know, to me, I think that if the day we start saying, you know, the other side isn't smart enough, like just as you know the judge canon right in Florida. You know, I saw someone social media where people were saying that she just wasn't smart and that's why she made all these rulings. And you know, to me, I'm like, that's not true, right, I mean she her and I actually went to the same were trained at the same law firm and tons of you know, big now Ted Boutrou is a big liberal partner who's argued a ton of important case came out of that law firm. It's not that she's not smart, it's that she's you know, was pointed by Trump and she's partisan. But the minute we start assuming that people that don't agree with us don't agree with us because they are not smart, to me, like, that's just wrong. I think it's offensive, and it's You're never going to be able to have a conversation with somebody when you do that. The thing is, is the problem with Trump and you know, the people who show up and start talking about ruling class even and though they have more power in this country than really like the vast majority of the rest of us, and they try to talk about the ruling class is you know, they're not even willing to talk like on facts that you can have a conversation with, like even Trump, you know, or they you know that article says how they talk about the judge. They talk about the judge. They don't point to anything really about the judge. The judge hates me. The judge hates me, That judge hates me. Well, you know what the judge. We aren't you know in uh, you know, back in England where the judge has more power. You know, our jury system. The jury is going to make a decision in this case, and yes, the judge had some legal ruling set is going to make. He's been upheld, you know, by the appellate court whenever that Trump tried to appeal it. He was just upheld recently in that expanded gag order. Trump had had a right to question the judge's discretion and lost. And he's done that so many times. The judge is not all powerful as much as they're trying to make him all powerful. Right, there was the grand jury who indicted him, there's the prosecution that even brought the case. Yes, the judge is the decider of the law. He gets questioned by his appellate court and who's backed him up. But it'll be the jury that has a verse. But you know, they don't want to talk about the fact that our justice system has a lot of inherent checks and balances. That a criminal defendant shows up in court is not at the complete mercy of the judge. That's how Trump is acting. I'm at the complete mercy of this judge. Like again, I'm a victim, Like I can't be helped but him and no other criminal defendant is ever at the complete mercy of that judge that sits in front of him. That's a complete, like again, disparagement of our justice system. It's a complete misinterpretation of our justice system. How do you have a conversation at that point? Right? You can't because you're talking two completely different set of facts. And that's the problem is that Fox is willing to like completely misinterpret or blatantly lie or give wrong facts. So you can't have that conversation because the set of facts are so completely different.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, you go from law, then you go to business. Right. You referenced Trump Media. It did its ten Q as to post with the SEC. Because it's a publicly traded company. Ten Q is a quarterly report. So for the first three months of this year, it lost three hundred and twenty seven million dollars net loss of three hundred and twenty seven million dollars in the past three months. It's not like a political critique that I have on it. That's just data. Total revenue for Trump's media company, which is now what like three years old, So you'd expect it to be growing a little bit. Was what about seven hundred thousand dollars in revenue? So the net loss of three hundred and twenty seven million dollars on seven hundred thousand dollars in actual revenue, And then you have a company that's trading with a valuation of over six billion dollars. And if y'all just do the basic math, then you say there are two hundred million shares outstanding. You want to give a valuation of Trump Media based on just say, annual revenue, and you want to round up from seven hundred thousand to one million. Just assume it does four million for the year. Give it a ten times multiple. But who the heck would give it a ten times multiple on revenue when you're losing three hundred and twenty seven million dollars. But then you'd have a forty million dollars valuation. So with two hundred million outstanding shares, what would the value of one share be? Quite literally, in my opinion, if you just did the math, it would be like a penny stock. But when facts are discarded and narratives arise, you have these incongruities, right, So you go from the law. You go to business, and then you go into our politics, which I'll leave you at this finally, which is you know, Trump like posting this like Hitler stuff, you know, and then blaming on a lower blaming it on a lower level staffer for posting on a look. Donald Trump has posted q and non memes or amplified or uploaded q Andon memes over one thousand times. Almost not a day goes by where Donald Trump doesn't post some pro j six thing and saying that the storm is here, and you know, all of these incredibly, and if anybody else did any of these things, it would be like game over for their pulling. There was a time in our politics if you spelled potato wrong, if you went whoo, that could end your career. Trump just posting death cult memes every day using language that's very similar to like Hitler language, and then posting what he posted yesterday, you know, and then it's like, oh, well, Trump's social media account posted it. Not Trump's social media account, it's Trump posted it. Why do you create this like barrier when the media reports on, oh it's Trump's social media account that, but like it's some bot, like it's some ai that spits this out. Meanwhile, we know from the criminal trial that it's either Trump or Dan Scavino who posts. No one else has posting privileges at all, not lower level staffers. And then why don't we hold someone accountable for posting such heinous things. That's why we cover that here on the Midas Touch network every day. So we go from the courtroom to business to politics, and we as Americans should just objectively look at that behavior and just be repulsed. We should be repulsed by this behavior right here by Donald Trump and Maggot. It ain't conservative at all.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It is as nihilistic and as destructive as as you get. Dina, give you the give you the last word.
Speaker 2: You know, he he tells us who he is every day. He tells us who he is every day. And even with that posting of that really heinous video, we didn't hear from him saying, oh this is awful. It was an invertn it was like a campaign statement. We didn't hear from him because he was certainly okay with it. We didn't hear from him because he has used those words before, using vermin and you know, the immigrants poisoning the blood. He is okay with this, and politically, for whatever reason, he gets away with every in part because his supporters, I think, don't believe it. They think, oh, he's just talking, and they're willing to give him a pass. But our justice system doesn't work that way. It works in the evidence, the books, that what he said in the books, what he said in his tweets, what he said in the tape, what he said to Hope Hicks, what he said to Michael Cohen. He can't walk away from that. They the jury saw it. We all heard it in the transcripts. Whether or not people were willing to read them and follow along, you can still access them. Trump supporters, you can still access them if you don't believe anything we say. But what he said may not matter in politics, but it will matter to that jury. And I agree with you. I think we're going to get a conviction here, if not, maybe a hun trial, but if nothing else, I think he has at least had to finally had some sort of, you know, consequence to his actions.
Speaker 1: So we expect Michael Cohen, and here's what we did for those just joining now. Michael Cohen will join us as soon as there's closure in this criminal trial, which would be the verdict. So Cohen will be back hosting the show, as you know, soon as the end of next week or the week after that. When Cohen comes back to I mean, I'm sure he's got a lot, a lot to say. Make sure you subscribe to be Could you imagine the the Cohen return is going to be an episode that I'm just going to want to watch. I think I'm just going to start and I'm going to go, Michael go, and that's That'll be the That'll be the interview Patreon dot com slash political Beatdown, because we're also going to have a meeting when we're able to do so with Michael Cohen and myself the defense for those just joining too. Prosecution rested yesterday, Defense rested today. Jury instructions by and large are complete next week on Tuesday, after Memorial Day, there will be summations and then the jury will get the case, likely on next Tuesday, so we could have a verdict as early as Tuesday. We'll see if there's going to be court on Wednesday or not for deliberation. I know that's being discussed. There could be a verdict on Thursday. There I think there will be a verdict before the end of the day on Friday. So next week is going to be a historic week. And for those who thought that this case was going to go into June or July, I mean, this case is going to be over in May, which you know. I don't want to end the show on this note. It also just shows you what this corrupt right wing Supreme Court is doing by not and very intentionally and maliciously by not ruling on the Washington, d c. Federal criminal case, because with a verdict in May, that would actually potentially allow a criminal trial if the Supreme Court actually did their job to take place in August or early September. But you know, the Supreme Court with Justice Alito hanging upside down flags and showing sympathy for stop the steal and then blaming it on his wife shows all of you the importance of elections, because the president is the one who picks the Supreme Court justices then confirmed by the Senate. I want to leave with this too, and I think it's important for everybody watching. I just want to say what an honor it is to do this show with Michael Cohen. Michael Cohen was under a direct testimony, cross exam, redirect for a total of twenty one hours or so, twenty one hours, and he did it with gray and with dignity, and with a maya culpa, and we're acknowledging what he did wrong in the past. He did what witnesses are supposed to do. He went up there, he told the truth, the good, the bad, the ugly, and he told the truth. And that is what you're expected to do when you take the stand. All of the narratives that the media tried to conjure up about how Cohen was going to behave is exactly how the maga lawyer Robert Costello, who Trump wanted to get called to the stand, who did get called to the stand, behaved right. That's exactly how Costello did. He showed up wearing like a pink shirt, started like mocking the judge. The judge had to, you know, clear the courtroom. That's what a maga lawyer does. And Cohen's not a maga lawyer anymore. Cohen's had his may culpa. And I have not even just a soft spot in my heart, but I think that people deserve mayculpus? Do I think? I think people you know, you can't always be judged by what you do in the past. Sometimes you can, but not all all the time with some types of conduct, and I think that you could make up for it sincerely and honestly and reform yourself and become a better person and then be part of delivering the truth and fighting for what's right. And that's why I'm honored to host the show with Michael Cohen so much. And I know that's why the Beatdown Brigaders who have got to meet Michael Cohen in a way that they've never even seen him before. When when we have a long form show like this, we get to really meet someone's personality and you learn about Cohen's love for his wife and his love of his family, how he's been married for thirty years, how he's the son of a Holocaust survivor and what that means to him. Why Cohen became a lawyer, you know all of that. You know, when you get to understand the person, That's what I've always tried to do here on the show. And finally, I want to thank you, Dina. You and I Dina, we have to I've said this to you, I say it live again. We have to create a Dina show, and whether it's a Dina and Ben show, or Dina and someone else show, or maybe Dina you lead the morning show after the trials completed, and we keep doing those morning shows with you leading it. I'd love to hear from all of the Brigaders and Midas Mighty what you think is the best format for that. Diana and I are still discussing that now, but we're definitely got to give Dina a show. We're just going to figure out how to do that together. So, Dina, thank you so much. We appreciate you, and we appreciate everybody here as well, and we're so grateful to have you. Dina.
Speaker 2: It has really been such a privilege to sit in for Michael Cohen's you know, beloved show and be able to you know, be here for you when he can't be here. And he did do a phenomenal job in his testimony. He did what he needed to do. I think the prosecution is probably very happy with his testimony. You know, you can't control the outcome and these things, but he showed up and did for sure what the prosecution I think probably even beyond honestly, the expectations of the prosecution. You know, I can't see what else he could have done better. And his testimony. I think his testimony he did an excellent job. And I'm sure it is killing him not to come during this time, but that in itself is also being so responsible because the last thing he wants to do is, you know, have anything happen that can then be used by Trump and his team during these like precious last days days of the trial. And I will definitely be tuning in when he's back because I cannot wait to hear all the behind the scenes, and hopefully it's behind the scenes in his in his involvement and what I think will ultimately be a conviction.
Speaker 1: We don't do two finger salutes with no Cohen. I give the fists bump of the day to Dina for filling in. Thank you, Dina against the vista and I see a lot of people in the comments who are mad at me, and they know that I just got married, and they're saying, Ben, why are you doing the show? And you should be you should I see it do better? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 1: Why are you doing this? You need to get out of there. I see people making baby emojis towards me. I see that. So my wife and I we went to Palm Springs. We met a bunch of My Mighty people who were there as well were coming over, so we did. We did a mini moon. She's with her family right now, and you know, I want her to be able to spend some time there, and I'm going to be joining her and her family there soon. So all of you saying, don't worry, it's where I'm going next that she's with her family. We just got back and I had to let the dogs out anyway, and so that's that's why I'm doing this. But like all of your you know, words of support and your well wishes were so inspiring to me. We even kept an honorary seat at the wedding for all the Brigaders and the Midas Mighty. Cohen obviously wasn't able to make it. Cohen was invited, but obviously Coen couldn't make it. But we had an honorary Beatdown Brigade and Midas Mighty seat for everybody. And so thank y'all, so so much for all of your wishes. I mean that it means the world. And we're going to do a honeymoon. We did the mini moon, We're going to do honeymoon over the summer. We're just planning it because obviously we're going to get a verdict soon, so let me deal with the verdict and then we're going to do a honeymoon and then we've been so anyway, that's what's happening. So don't don't don't get mad at me. MICUs Mighty. I'm I'm taking your words to heart. Thank you everybody, Thank you Brigaders, and shout out to the Midas Mighty. I have a good one.