Speaker 1: One of the easiest words we throw around is evil. We call people evil, we call actions evil, we call systems evil. But the moment a God enters the conversation, people suddenly change the rules. So today let's slow it down. What actually makes something evil? Is it intent, the outcome, the amount of suffering it causes.
Speaker 2: It's evil, something.
Speaker 1: That's wrong, no matter who does it or does A god get a completely different set of standards than everybody else.
Speaker 2: And if your.
Speaker 1: Answer is that a loving God can't do evil by definition, then I want to know how you reach that conclusion. Is it because of the actions themselves or because you've already decided that anything a god does has to be good. Today is about examining the standard that you're using and whether we're being consistent with it. So, wherever you land, whether you're a believer, whether you're questioning your faith or an atheist, we want to.
Speaker 2: Hear from you.
Speaker 1: If you think an evil God doesn't apply, give us a call at five one two nine ninety one nine two four to two, or request up via TikTok and tell us why. I'm your host thinker. This is the atheists experience, and the show is starting right now.
Speaker 2: Hey, Guyles Engineer, how are you.
Speaker 3: Hey. I'm doing pretty good. You know. I was on Talk keythan earlier and so now I'm on here and it's just been a yeah, it's been a very you know, call in show kind of day for me. It's been awesome.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to have you here with me. We work hard in the atheist community. I would say, well, welcome everybody. Today is July nineteenth, twenty twenty six, and I want to welcome all of you to the Atheists Experience. Thank you so much for joining us. I'm your host Thinker and joining me today. As I stated as Godless Engineer, the Atheist Experience is a product of the Atheist Community of Austin, three nonprofit organization dedicated to the promotion of atheism, critical thinking, secular humanism, and the separation of religion and government. This means that you can give us a tax free donation as many as you want in fact, and know not only that it's.
Speaker 2: Going to a good cause, but also that it helps you too.
Speaker 1: We are try streaming tonight, so a big shout out to our viewers on TikTok and YouTube mobile. If you're watching us on TikTok tonight and you'd like to talk to us, just request up and join and we'll bring you up on stage. Please make sure that you are over eighteen years of age before doing so.
Speaker 2: And Godless Engineer, are you ready to take some calls?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I definitely am. I'm ready to get into it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go ahead on and get started. I think I'm going to start with Andrew. See what Andrew has today?
Speaker 2: Andrew? Are you there? You're on the line with Thinker and Godless Engineer. I'm hi, How are you hi?
Speaker 3: Andrew?
Speaker 5: Ahgardless?
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask someone from the team if you could let my TikTok account up on stage for me?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: What what are your thoughts on your God being evil and you knowing it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: Well, I want to know what's what you mean by evil?
Speaker 6: Like are you talking about like evil from the standard of.
Speaker 5: Harm or where? What do you mean by like God being evil?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, the definition of evil is wicked and moral infliction of intentional harm injustices.
Speaker 2: Or injustice?
Speaker 1: So yeah, like, do you have a different definition of evil?
Speaker 5: Well being? I would believe that anything that goes outside of God's preferences would be evil.
Speaker 1: Anything that goes outside of his purpose is evil. I mean it's not evil.
Speaker 6: So if it's like, if anything goes against his preference.
Speaker 5: It would be evil.
Speaker 1: So an atheist, right, someone not obeying him would be evil.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be evil according to Christians, just like secularists would say that Christians would be evil if they follow the Old Testament.
Speaker 1: Got so, when your God's holy spirit commands you to go and kill thirty random people, that's not evil.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: You're talking about the amaletized.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: No, No, I have been. If your God's spirit commanded you right to go and kill thirty random people, would that be good?
Speaker 6: If he asked me to do that today?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh no, then then I wouldn't do it because I'm not.
Speaker 1: Asking if you would do it. I'm asking. I'm not asking would you do it? I'm asking would that be good? You said anything that goes against his purpose is evil? Your god purpose is obedience, is to obey his will. So if his will is for you to kill thirty random people, then that would be then good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be good.
Speaker 6: What's the counter argument to it?
Speaker 5: Would that not be good?
Speaker 2: To kill thirty random people.
Speaker 1: So anybody could say that the Holy Spirit led them to kill thirty people because it was God's will.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's the argument against then?
Speaker 1: That killing people is harmful? That's intentional harm.
Speaker 3: Why is that bad?
Speaker 2: Why is intentional harm bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: God told them to do it, they'll being their God.
Speaker 5: Why would that be bad?
Speaker 1: Well, one, because it's causing intentional harm, and then it would create chaos because all of you are talking to your God in your head and no one can verify whether a god told you anything.
Speaker 2: You all are bickering with each other?
Speaker 1: Are you all are bickering with each other, whether y'all are true Christians or not? Like y'all don't even agree with each other when when y'all say God said, Like, I think you're being obtuse right now when you're asking why would that be bad? The world would be in chaos. The world would be in chaos if all of you were actually listening to a god and obeying it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you can't demonstrate that the world being chaos. You can't demonstrate that.
Speaker 2: I can't. Are you serious right now? Like you can't be serious?
Speaker 6: You can't demonstrate that.
Speaker 1: I can't demonstrate that if everybody thought that a God was talking to them in their head and every time they wanted to kill somebody, that they could just go kill and say God told me to. I cannot demonstrate that would be chaos. Like, what do you think we have laws for?
Speaker 7: What do you know?
Speaker 2: What do you think we have laws for?
Speaker 5: Hold on, you made a claim, you said the world would being chaos.
Speaker 1: I am I am proving that claim right now. But I think you're trying to do some philosophical syllogism that you are.
Speaker 2: Not equipped to do. Why do we have laws? Why do we have laws?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Why do we have laws?
Speaker 6: I don't know why. I don't know why we have laws.
Speaker 1: You literally said that I cannot prove that the world would be in chaos if everybody just killed whenever they wanted to and say God told them to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you can need to demonstrate or.
Speaker 2: Why do we have laws against murder?
Speaker 5: Because people don't want to be murdered, that's why.
Speaker 1: Because people don't want to be murdered, or because it would be chaos. People would just be killing whenever they wanted to. We have laws against murder to detour people from murdering, so.
Speaker 2: That it would not be chaos so.
Speaker 1: That people wouldn't just be taking lives whenever they felt like it, and then saying God told me to.
Speaker 5: So you're against any kind of military action.
Speaker 1: Then it's military action murder. Yeah, military action is murdered. So then when here gonsens the Israelite army to fight against cities far away from them, he was murdering people.
Speaker 2: He was instructing the Israelites to murder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so why was he doing that? He was instructing them to kill people who went against the Israelites.
Speaker 1: He was instructing them to murder, although he gave a law that says do not murder. So, your God is a hypocrite, Well, I think he's not only. Your God is not only evil, he's also a hypocrite.
Speaker 5: Well so a secularist, they're also hypocrites, none of you, none of them are Vegan.
Speaker 1: Well, we're not talking about seculars. We're talking about your God. Like, are you agreeing with me that your God is evil and a hypocrite?
Speaker 6: No, this is kind of easy because you're the same way.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is kind of easy.
Speaker 1: The topic isn't me, though, The topic is your God.
Speaker 2: Your God is evil and you know it.
Speaker 1: And so instead of you calling in trying to say that he isn't evil, you should have just said, yeah, I know, my God is evil, and he's a hypocrite, and he commands people to murder, and he gave me permission to murder whenever I feel like it.
Speaker 5: Well, I answered directly, no, he won't be a hypocrite, because God gives the rules. If he tells people, now, saw.
Speaker 6: That you saw not murder, and he says you're on a mission to murder.
Speaker 5: He obviously when he's talking about you saw.
Speaker 6: Not murder, he's talking about like other Israelites.
Speaker 2: So he still said don't murder.
Speaker 1: He literally says in Leviticus nineteen thirty three through thirty four, to treat a foreigner the same way that you would treat an Israelite when.
Speaker 2: They live in the land.
Speaker 1: So murdering a foreigner when they live in the land of Israel is against your God's law.
Speaker 2: And in fact, I know a king.
Speaker 1: I know a king whose name is David, who went against that law and murdered a hit Tite while that hit Tite was away fighting in the Israelite army for that Israelite king. And that king wanted it that hit Tit's wife, so he went and slept with his wife, got up pregnant, and then killed that hit tight because he wouldn't sleep with his wife and take credit for his baby. And your God did not make David die according to his law, a murderer was supposed to be executed when you go against the law, and your God didn't require that.
Speaker 2: So he is a hypocrite. He is evil and a hypocrite.
Speaker 1: He killed an innocent baby because David wanted some Illnina.
Speaker 5: Okay, so God is evil in a hypocrite. I mean that would make you the same way.
Speaker 1: Please explain that to me. Why would that make me the same way?
Speaker 5: Vegan? Are you?
Speaker 2: Huh? I do not eat meat.
Speaker 1: I do not eat beef or pork have it in seven years.
Speaker 2: I do eat eggs every now and then I eat brown eggs.
Speaker 5: Oh, so you justified the killing and animals.
Speaker 2: No, the eggs are not born yet. Go ahead, Gods.
Speaker 3: Well, I was just gonna say, for one thing, Andrew, you've totally divorced your idea of morality from any real sense of morality. As soon as you're as soon as you say that what is evil or what is bad is anything that deviates from God's purpose. You no longer are concerned with the morality that affects people. You care about pleasing your sky Daddy essentially, So like I get to your t to do some kind of purity test with think or here as far as like eating meat or anything like that. But the fact of the matter is is that you have no sense of morality. You don't care about being a good and moral person in a society. Because we're sitting here trying to explain to you why in a society, in a successful society, why it's bad to kill another person, and I feel like that is just indicative of the fact that you've completely divorced yourself from any real sense of morality and you are now in a headspace where you're just trying to please an all powerful god so that he won't burn you in hell forever. So I don't want to hear any kind of like moral grandstanding from you about whether or not somebody's vegan or if they eat meat or anything like that, because you don't really care about that. If you cared about that, you wouldn't follow a god that hamstrung horses and Joshua.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't tell me that God cares about the lives of animals or anything like that when he commands his people to utterly destroy those animals. So don't grandstand with this here, okay, because you don't give a shit about animals and your God doesn't give a shit about animals.
Speaker 5: No, I don't care about animals. I'm trying to point out the hypocrisy of seculars because they believe, they say that their morality is superior to religious people. And so when religious people point out that, hey, none of you guys are most of you guys aren't vegans, and you're saying that the god is God at the Old Testament.
Speaker 6: Is evil because he does all this death and destruction.
Speaker 5: But most anthier support death and destruction of animals because none of them won't will not be.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, Andrew, quit fucking grandstanding about animals right now. Quit grand no, quit fucking grandstanding about animals because you already said that you don't give a shit about animals. And also, us caring about the lives of human beings as well as other animals, it means that we actually do care about that. And just because somebody is more omnivorous than maybe you are, doesn't mean that they somehow love to torture animals like hamstringing horses or utterly destroying animals in a field of battle just because you know you're up against another force. Okay, your God specifically commanded the Israelites to disembowel animals and burn their entrails on an altar so that he could just swell the sweet savor of the barbecue at the time, So don't grandstand about this kind of shit. We could care about animals and be omnivorous at the exact same time, whereas your God, not giving a shit about animals, demanded that they be disemboweled and then have their entrails burned, as well as ham stringing animals so that they suffer and die. That means that he doesn't give a shit about animals, and he wants the animals to suffer in the most cruelest of ways. We don't want that. Like, even if both of us were more omnibus yours, it doesn't matter, because your God just doesn't give a shit about suffering. He only cares about, about, you know, appeasing his own personal whims. And that's and that's how it's completely divorced from any kind of sense of morality, whether you want to extend that morality to more of the animal kingdom than just humans. So, yeah, your God doesn't give a shit about that. Don't try to morally grandstand anybody here.
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm not I'm not morally granted, And I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.
Speaker 6: That's all I was doing on.
Speaker 3: We're not We're not Yeah, we're not being We're not being hypocrites.
Speaker 5: That's hypocritical.
Speaker 1: The thing is is that you want to turn the conversation to humans when we're talking about your God, Like it's like that you have become your God's gaygoat or your God's sacrifice, like you need to stand in front of him to protect him. Your God made decisions, Like let's talk about the decisions that he made.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if God created them hi universe, he can do whatever he can do with his creation, whatever he wants, right.
Speaker 2: I mean it's cool that you think that, But what we're talking about is whether.
Speaker 1: He is evil in a hypocrite and whether you are changing the definition of what evil is because it is your God and you feel like he can do whatever he wants. That still doesn't mean that it's not evil your I mean, your God literally gave his enemy permission to fuck with y'all.
Speaker 2: And you call that love. Like in the story your.
Speaker 1: God could not beat his enemy, your God, let me finish speaking.
Speaker 2: Please, let me finish speaking. Please. In your God's story he could not beat his enemy.
Speaker 1: He kicked his enemy down to earth where his loving human beings are, who are weaker than him, for y'all to fight his enemy, and you call that love.
Speaker 2: Would you do that to your children?
Speaker 5: You said?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: When I do my children?
Speaker 2: Would you lock your children in a room with your enemy?
Speaker 6: Yo, I'm want to lock my children in the room with my enemy.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 5: It's just I don't know why I wouldn't do I just wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: You don't know why.
Speaker 1: You don't know why you wouldn't lock your children in the room with your mortal enemy.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't do it because I was told that it was wrong to do that.
Speaker 2: Who told you it was wrong?
Speaker 5: Like any harm that come to kids would be would be wrong?
Speaker 2: Who told you that?
Speaker 5: My parents, people around me?
Speaker 1: So your parents told you that it was wrong to do harm to kids, any harm. And that's the reason. I just want to make sure. The reason you would not lock.
Speaker 2: Your child in the room, in a room with your mortal enemy is.
Speaker 1: Because your parents told you it would be wrong to harm kids. Not because you love your children, but because your mommy and daddy would get you.
Speaker 5: No, they just told me that it was wrong to do stuff like that to Any kind of harm that would come to kids is wrong.
Speaker 2: Do you have children?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 1: That's why your answer is the way it is because you don't understand the love to love, what it means to love a child. Now, if your mommy and daddy locked you in a room with their mortal enemy, would you feel like your mother and father loved.
Speaker 5: You locking in with their mortal enemy. And it depends and gave.
Speaker 1: And gave that mortal enemy free range to do whatever it to you. Oh No, that's not love.
Speaker 2: Would you think it was evil?
Speaker 5: I would think it was evil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But when your God does it, it's not evil.
Speaker 2: It's love.
Speaker 5: God locked somebody in her said, God, lock somebody in a room.
Speaker 3: Right now, we're talking about Hell, Andrew, keep.
Speaker 2: Up, No, I'm talking about Earth.
Speaker 1: You're you are on earth with your You are on earth right with your God's mortal enemy running free to fuck with you anytime he wants. He kicked his mortal enemy out of heaven down to Earth where it's precious, and where's precious. You's arm yeah, yeah, and now it's your job to fight his enemy.
Speaker 2: And when he could have just if he's.
Speaker 1: All powerful, he could have just destroyed his enemy in heaven right when when Satan was up there causing trouble and said, he kicked him down here to Earth so he could mess with the weaker humans and gave him free range in an army to do it, an army of demons to help him.
Speaker 5: You said something before you said that, God, God, You said that God said somebody that to sleep with a child.
Speaker 1: Did I did not say that, Oh, poor, poor, poor poor, I did.
Speaker 2: Not say that. No. Listen, listen.
Speaker 1: The earth is analogous to.
Speaker 2: The room that your parents lacked you in.
Speaker 1: Okay, God is analogous to your parents. The devil is analogous to your parents enemy.
Speaker 2: Get it? Yeah, Okay, So.
Speaker 1: You're a God kicked his enemy out of his house down to yours where you are his humans, and gave his enemy, free range to do whatever he wants to do to his precious humans.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? Okay?
Speaker 6: Well no, I mean you said God, you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Lucifer in the Bible the same same is just anybody who who who goes against God?
Speaker 2: But is there a devil?
Speaker 5: Yeah? They or something like that.
Speaker 2: So there, so you know who I'm talking about?
Speaker 5: Anybody? Yeah, anybody can be a devil.
Speaker 2: But is there a devil?
Speaker 1: Is there a did your God kick an angel out of heaven that is the devil? The dragon that deceived the whole world that was a liar from the beginning or no.
Speaker 6: I don't remember the context, but I think there were for a.
Speaker 2: Year either you have a devil or not?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Now what do you mean this? Actually? Know y'all got a real.
Speaker 3: Like what Andrew, Andrew? Are you a Christian? Andrew? Are you a Christian? Are you sure? Because it feels like you're bullshitting us right now?
Speaker 5: Why we're not being a Christian?
Speaker 3: Well, because you're acting confused about whether or not Satan exists in your theology.
Speaker 5: Well, when people think are saying they're thinking about the double horns and a white and a pitchfork or something like that. That's that's not how I describe or not.
Speaker 3: When have we described Satan that way?
Speaker 6: That's when most people have most people describing.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, all we've mentioned is is the theological figure of Satan and what the theology claims about Satan, meaning that Satan is the ruler of this world. That's what the theology says. So how about how about get out whatever you've got in mind as far as what we could or could not mean. We're just talking about fucking Satan. Okay, Andrew, that's what we're talking about. You're being obtuse right now. You're being purposefully obtuse.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of that word. Okay, you never.
Speaker 3: Heard of obtuse.
Speaker 5: I'm not I never heard of that word.
Speaker 3: Meaning like you're being purposefully ignorant. You're being you're being purposefully you're playing dumb is essentially what you're doing.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry you're.
Speaker 3: Playing dumb that. There's no way you in New Jersey don't have some kind of like theological concept of Satan and what that means, whether it's a redheaded figure with horns and a pitchfork or just the actual theological like figure that that is in apologetics, like you have a concept of it. You know what Thinker's talking about. You're being obtuse.
Speaker 6: No, I was just making sure we talk about the same the same thing, because I didn't wonder that's that's just that was just clarifying, that's that's true. I don't think being up too or whatever the word does.
Speaker 1: You literally said that Satan is just anybody who goes against the God. You tried to play like you didn't know who I was talking about when you said, are you talking about Lucifer?
Speaker 2: Is his name Lucifer? You were being up to.
Speaker 5: No, because people call Lucifer.
Speaker 3: Sayan right, those are similar. Yes, those are the same figure, Lucifer Satan, Like, however you want to mention him, That's who Thinker was talking about. You knew that's who Thinker was talking about. You know the theology that we're talking about right now. So you're you're just you're you're being really you're pissing me off. Listen, Andrew, what God? God is evil? Just by the claimed actions in his Holy Book? How do you feel about the Bible? Do you think the Bible is representative of God?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of course, Okay, point to me in the Bible, where say, does anything that's that's out of the realm of God's commands, that there is something that's against what God has asked him to.
Speaker 6: Do, that's something that does on his own, without God telling him to do something.
Speaker 1: But first, I think I think we need to find out if he thinks Satan is evil, because that's the definition, right of what evil is.
Speaker 2: So do you think Satan is evil?
Speaker 6: Well, I've been trying to look into a narcissism.
Speaker 5: Of narcissism states that Satan was was probably most likely the good guy. So I've been trying to look into that for a while, and you know, nacissism trying to makes sense a little bit.
Speaker 6: But but but as I.
Speaker 5: Stand now, yeah, I would I would say I would say Satan is evil.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, now can you answer God with question?
Speaker 5: Can you repeat his question again?
Speaker 3: Yeah? When point book chapter verse of the Bible where Satan does something that is not either at God's command or uh due to you know, due to God in general? Can can you point to a book chapter verse where he does something that's that's you know, outside of God's Yeah.
Speaker 5: When he tried to attempt Jesus in the in in a in a wilderness and.
Speaker 3: Okay, so, so the best you've got is is Satan twerked for Jesus and tempted him in the desert.
Speaker 2: But wasn't that part of the plant right right?
Speaker 5: Is in the Bible.
Speaker 3: He doesn't say twerking. I was being hyperbolic.
Speaker 6: Oh no, but yeah, that that's that's to give you something.
Speaker 5: So that's that's what it is. He tried to turn and get behind me, and and that was that.
Speaker 3: So so so Satan did something that God didn't want him to do, and God didn't stop him from doing it. And did God know that Satan was going to tempt Jesus?
Speaker 5: I don't know. It doesn't sit in a scripture.
Speaker 3: I mean, is God omniscient? Does God know everything?
Speaker 5: Oh? That's that's a good question. I don't don't. I don't think.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, it's really hard to discuss Christian theology with you, Andrew. When you're all over the place about Christian theology, it kind of seems like you're in the process of making up your own theology to fit in whatever narrative works in your head. That's what it seems like to me. I don't. I don't know, what do you think think. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't change I don't change the topic.
Speaker 3: You I didn't claim that you changed the topic.
Speaker 6: I mean I didn't just I'm all over the place.
Speaker 5: I was just answering your questions. I didn't I didn't take us all over the place.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying that your theology is all over the place, like you're not sticking to like a Christian theology. You're just whenever we ask you about something concerned with the topic, you just throw in some random bullshit that you know, is is a little difficult for us to interact with because it's a lot like going to a buffet and you're mixing like the fucking lettuce with goddamn ribs, and uh, you know, you know, it's just it's really, it's really fucking weird for you to come in here throw out gnosticism, like and I don't know who Satan is, which is bullshit. It's like, I don't know who Satan is, Well, it's Lucifer and Satan the same character. Like, like, it's just I don't know, it's just a little difficult to interact with somebody who's actively doing buffet Christianity in in the weirdest possible way.
Speaker 5: But thinker said that everybody got their own version of Christianity.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean yeah, eventually people just pick out the parts that they like.
Speaker 2: Wait, did you hear me say that?
Speaker 3: You said, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Honestly, there are multiple different Yeah, she said, there are multiple different things of Christianity. There there's there's different interpretations and different different uh religions of sex of Christianity. That ain't that's what that's what ain't what's your said?
Speaker 2: Did I say that today in this conversation with you?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, you said you said there are different uh sex of Christianity.
Speaker 6: They're different. Uh it was it came from the topic of.
Speaker 5: What I killed thirty people or something like that, he said, everybody.
Speaker 1: I just we were talking about interpretations, I said, I said, each Christian has their own interpretation.
Speaker 2: Because you were all hearing from a god.
Speaker 1: I didn't say anything about and talk to you about different sex of Christianity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but godless Engineer said that that I'm all over the place. I have my own thing, and every Christian you talk to is going to say something different, Like we're not going to say right.
Speaker 1: But do you see how we can't even have a conversation with you about one topic because you you have about five different Jesus in your head. Do you see the chaos that it is created and just this conversation. Imagine if everybody thought like you and they their gods was telling them to murder, to rape kids, to traffic, to enslave, to steal.
Speaker 2: Imagine the chaos that that would cause.
Speaker 1: Like right now, this conversation is chaotic, Like we cannot get a line of questioning down, We can't get an understanding because you keep jumping from idea to idea.
Speaker 5: Well, well, look at Christians live their lives. Are they are they listening? Are they going around killing people because God told them to?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, sometimes doing that?
Speaker 5: And that's that's all dared a world.
Speaker 3: Don't go in, don't go don't go into the Islam thing. We're we're focusing on Christianity. They're both Abrahamic religions. Both of them have a horrible fundamentalist sex that are associated with the core theology of Abrahamic faiths in general. So don't try to pivot to Islam as if Islam is worse. Islam is just at a different point in its life cycle. Than Christianity. That's all that is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but look at okay, look at Christianity. Christian even if you look at data, they have some of the best metrics when it comes to outcomes. They're not going around murdering and killing people in math like that. And and every Christian has its own different interpretation of what they think.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hey, Andrew, Andrew what Andrew? What religion was? Timothy McVeigh I have no idea. Okay, yeah, sorry, I forgot europe to.
Speaker 5: No, he didn't. He didn't bomb because he was a Christian.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 5: No, he did. He bombed because he thought the government was scoring him over.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, he he bought he he uh. He did his bombing uh because of the UH the Waco incident, and he was retaliating against the government because of UH. He perceived the government to be directly responsible for attacking a Christian sect, a Christian sect that, while he may not have been part of, he felt uh companionship with that sect because they were both Christian and so they he was. He attacked the US government building for that particular reason. He was very Christian. And there's not only him, but there are plenty of other people in in the his in the history of this nation that have been Christian and have been on a violent, violent rampages. Right, Dylan Rufe over there in South Carolina, Do you want me to pull up a list of Christian domestic terrorists in America? Don't act like Christians aren't violent. They are violent, independent, independent, fundamentalist Baptists are are violent in general.
Speaker 6: I mean, is that the same kind of sign up for church?
Speaker 3: Yes, he shut he shut up a black church because he's a racist, piece of ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it seemed like he did it because he was racist, not because he was Like, did it because of Christianity?
Speaker 3: He was a Christian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm saying he didn't do it because he was in the name of Christianity.
Speaker 6: He did it because he was a race.
Speaker 5: He was racist because he wanted to sign up a white church. Oh uh, somebody are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think godless lost connection.
Speaker 1: But but your your question was are Christians going around killing people? And the answers, yes, and that's what he did. He was a Christian. You adding you adding that he was a racist doesn't change the fact that.
Speaker 2: He was a Christian.
Speaker 1: And if your God's spirit is on him, and your God's spirit is giving him strength and moving him to do that. That's something that your God gave him strength and moved him to do. And you said that, if your God tells you to do that, that is good, that is not evil.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but well, I don't know if God's spirit moved him to ghost shore up a black church. I think the only thing I moved them to grow shot up a black church was his hatred for black people.
Speaker 1: Like I don't think God again that that was my point in the beginning, just what you just said. I don't know if God's spirit told him to do that. Nobody has access to your mind. When you all say God said so. If you believe that your God's spirit.
Speaker 2: Is speaking to you and moving you to.
Speaker 1: Do something, and you say, well, God, evil is not obeying God or doing something against the purpose of God, then anything a person says and God.
Speaker 2: Told them to do is not evil. It's always good for.
Speaker 5: Anybody that worships the old church, that worships God in the Bible would be evil by your by your standard, right.
Speaker 3: No, not necessarily, but it does he believe this.
Speaker 2: I can't hear him.
Speaker 3: Ugardless, Well I could, I can hear you, Andrew think you can't hear me. I hear you, Yeah, he can, Andrew can hear both of us. But think you can't hear me. Uh, I'm showing. I'm showing levels coming in on my end. Okay, Uh, I guess I'm I'm gonna drop real quick. Uh, and uh I'm gonna rejoin you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think they're having to fix God's mind.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Anyone who would worship that god.
Speaker 1: And say that the things that that God commands are evil?
Speaker 3: Like? What?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question, Andrew? What reason?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Andrew?
Speaker 1: What reason would an all powerful god who you believe has the power to wake people up.
Speaker 2: In the morning? Correct? Your God waits people up?
Speaker 8: Huh?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: What reason would that God need to employ human beings to kill the people that he wakes up every morning? Like they don't wake up unless your God wakes them up? What reason would he need to then employ human beings to go and murder humans whom your God woke up that morning.
Speaker 5: For whatever reason? Against people who war against some.
Speaker 6: Against some who turn against him, or.
Speaker 5: Or who were against his people.
Speaker 1: But hold on, but if he wakes them up right, they don't wake up unless he wakes.
Speaker 2: Them up right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: So if he does not want people on the earth, he doesn't want them living because they don't worship him, why wake them up just so that he can command humans to murder them?
Speaker 2: Why not just not wake them up?
Speaker 5: I mean that's a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because your God wants humans to do evil shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so then I mean if you if God wants Persians to do evil things, and you believe that, because when I talk to circularists, they say, oh, we don't believe Christians are evil, but they do believe Christians are evil.
Speaker 2: The Christians that do evil shit.
Speaker 6: Evil stuff.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 5: The ones that don't do the ones that don't do the stuff, they also follow the same God. So you will believe that.
Speaker 1: But you're you're here justifying so that would make you evil, Andrew, You're here saying that. You literally asked me what would be wrong with just killing random people?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like that makes you evil.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a scripture, and Andrew, There's a scripture and the Bible that says God chooses the foolish things to confound the wise, to confuse the Wise.
Speaker 2: Are you familiar with that scripture? Andrew?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And in Zachariah it talks about a foolish shepherd and Zachariah eleven and Hebrew that word is evailee, right, and the transliteration of that.
Speaker 2: Is spelled like evil.
Speaker 1: And I was reading that and I was like, God chooses the evil things to confound, to confuse the wise. Your God does evil shit where your God can consider us foolish. What your God considers foolish is what we would call evil. So your God wants humans to do evil shit to confuse people, and so that you can call it good because you're you're beholding to this guy. You're you're you're afraid of this God, and so you justify evil shit.
Speaker 6: If this guy was real, you wouldn't be afraid of it.
Speaker 1: Now, if the God is real, it's real in your minds. Human beings do fuck shit because of this belief God is real. That's why I don't like having conversations with people about.
Speaker 2: Prove God ex this.
Speaker 1: Y'all are the gods like y'all carry the God around with you and your hearts and in your minds, and you are the God's arms, legs, feet, mouth.
Speaker 5: So why do circulars who don't believe in God and why do.
Speaker 6: They still do evil stuff?
Speaker 1: Because like humans do evil shit, but you are doing evil shit because that God told you to. And then you try to convince other people that they need to do evil shitfore God.
Speaker 6: Saying, so they shouldn't do it in the name of God.
Speaker 2: Right, they shouldn't do evil shit, period. It is harder to.
Speaker 1: Get It's harder to get a human being not to do evil shit when you have a fear.
Speaker 2: Of a god.
Speaker 1: A secularist right that does something bad is does the bad because they wanted to do the bad, and they hold themselves accountable.
Speaker 2: So it's easier to get a secularist.
Speaker 1: To change their behavior and to take accountability. Then it is with someone who subscribes to a god or a devil or demons because you are not used to taking accountability and you are afraid of You are afraid of a god.
Speaker 2: You are afraid of God might get you if you don't obey.
Speaker 1: You don't know what's real, you're afraid of losing community human beings. Just because someone is secularist doesn't mean they.
Speaker 2: Can't do any bad or do any wrong.
Speaker 1: But I think it is more likely that a person that believes that they are being guided by a god will do evil if they believe that God.
Speaker 2: Is telling them to, especially this one.
Speaker 5: But do you believe that the world will be a better place if everybody was asist there were no religious people on earth and everybody you believe if we get rid of religion, the world will be a better place, right?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: If we have more critical thinkers, yes, If we have more critical thinkers, yes, I do.
Speaker 5: Okay? In North Korea? Is that a better brains?
Speaker 2: I never been to Nor Korea?
Speaker 6: Have you no talking about you?
Speaker 2: Asking me about nor care? You want me to lie to you. I've not been to North Korea. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I can. Lad, you're several secular countries that are not the best.
Speaker 2: How do you know.
Speaker 5: Because they self their country is self? ID are secular?
Speaker 2: How do you know what the quality of life is there?
Speaker 6: Okay, let's say China mostly secular.
Speaker 1: You're like, have you been to China? So how do you know what the quality of life is there?
Speaker 6: Are you gonna look up the loves of people?
Speaker 5: You can look up their happy the happiness and that's some those people. Why do Christmas support them.
Speaker 2: Have you looked up the happiness in the happiness?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 5: I have to go back and look it up.
Speaker 3: You know, I halfway expected him to just throw out a random numbers. Goodness, happiness over there is twelve.
Speaker 1: But do you see how your love of your God moves you to just say random shit like your love of your God moves you to even lie?
Speaker 5: And how come Christians aren't mass murdered people in large numbers today?
Speaker 1: They do you know that the majority? Do you know that the majority of people in jail are believers of a god? A high number of them in the US are Christians? Yeah, but less than one percent of people in jail are atheists.
Speaker 5: Well, how many of those people in jail convert to Christianity or to Islam or whatever.
Speaker 6: Because a lot of people that go.
Speaker 1: To jail they convert, less than one percent are atheists. Even if the small number converted, Whether it's not big enough right to discount the fact that the majority of people in jail believe in a god overwhelmed believe in the Abrahamic God.
Speaker 5: First of all, Well, most of the country isn't atheist. Most of the country is religious.
Speaker 6: Most of the world is religious.
Speaker 2: Stop for a second. Stop for a second, think about it.
Speaker 1: Do you think the world is a is a peaceful place or do you think the world is filled with evil and wickedness.
Speaker 6: I think it's both both.
Speaker 2: It can't be it can't be both. Is it peaceful? Is the world peaceful? Or is it filled with war? Famine?
Speaker 1: Uh, genocide, uh, trafficking? Hu artist said femine like, is the world filled with wickedness or is.
Speaker 2: This a utopia?
Speaker 6: The world is filled with wickedness.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: And you just said that the majority of the world believes in the Abrahamic God.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. They're not the Abrahamic God specifically, but the majority of the world is religious. They have like God, they worst god necessarily Brahmic God for Hindu of witches or whatever, they worse the entities Nordics. They worship the Nordic gods.
Speaker 6: So it's just gods in general.
Speaker 1: Overwhelmingly, the majority of the world believes in the Abrahamic God. That's a That's about one billion Persians that believe in Zorationism, about one billion Hindus.
Speaker 2: There's one point.
Speaker 1: Eight billion Catholics, two point four billion Christians and about I don't know hundreds of millions of Muslims. I don't think there's billions. I don't think Muslims have hit billions yet.
Speaker 3: Have they I don't think so. They're closing in.
Speaker 2: Fact, yeah, they're closing in.
Speaker 1: But the majority believe in the Abrahamic God, overwhelmingly believe in Jesus. And the world is an evil place. And so if the influence of Jesus is a indication of what your heaven is going to be like, we would have to turn and look at the Christians half for y'all, most of y'all are in jail. The jealous feel with Christians, the jealous feel with Christians the jail. The world is filled with war, femine uh uh, slavery, genocide, poverty, and it's overwhelmingly the Abrahamic God. The human beings are overwhelmingly carrying the Abrahamic God.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true, but that's because the reason why most people are in secular is your seculars don't appeal to nobody like sul Once your dog you're going to dirt, everything goes dark.
Speaker 6: That's it you see to exist.
Speaker 5: People don't like that. That's why most of the world are seculars.
Speaker 1: Right, Most of you are willing to sacrifice the well being of other humans for your own, for yourself. It's a selfish religion. You you are willing to look the other way. You are willing to exchange the famine, the war, the poverty so that you could go to heaven. You're basically practicing human sacrifice every day. You accept it a human sacrifice. Hold on, look, you accept human sacrifice so that you don't have to pay for your wrongdoings. And then you continue to allow suffering or you know, justify suffering in the name of your God so that you could go to heaven. So you continue to sacrifice the well being of other humans. It's just a circle of human sacrifice, over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: That's evil.
Speaker 5: That's not true because most most of the people who do the most charities, who do the most giving, who do the most donations, are overwhelmingly Christians. I've never seen secular risks line up table, you've seen the home, I've ever seen it, never seen it. The people who do that are the most all persons.
Speaker 1: You know why you don't know that because we're not too in our own horn out here. Try to get tax price for doing it, but we do, we do it. It's just oh, ladies, your churches are doing it. Go ahead, guns.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So so just to address this real quick, the problem with your stat there, uh, Andrew, is the fact that typically atheists and secularists are going to be more leftist leaning, and left leaning individuals would prefer to see the government actually provide more safety nets and everything like that so that the government can provide for people as opposed to requiring the bulk of the nation to do their charitable donations. And also a bulk of these charitable donations are going to the church, and the churches they don't actually help people out. I don't know if you've seen that one girl over there on TikTok going around asking churches, hey, I've got a starving baby, you give me formula, And all of the churches turned them away. But you know who told them, told this girl, uh with without any kind of hesitation, to come down and we will get you some some formula. Mosques. Mosques are the ones that accepted her and was like, hey, we'll we'll we'll give you some maybe formula. All of the churches they were like, no, we don't do that. Maybe you should go to like a food pantry or something like that. So, no, these churches don't help people. The charitable giving that you're reporting right here do not go to helping people. There are Christian charitable organizations out there, and that's perfectly fine. But to misrepresent the charitable givings of Christians as all being to these charitable organizations that actually do do good is a total misrepresentation of the donations there.
Speaker 5: Oh no, all, I don't say all I said, and you're with you, broungo you said that. Oh the girl as a farmer from from from Muslims, which is still religious. It was a secularist that gave her the formula. There were Muslims so so secular.
Speaker 3: Because she was calling religious institutions Andrew, what the fuck is your problem? Like, are you seriously this dnse? Are you purposely being this dense?
Speaker 8: Nope?
Speaker 5: The secularists know about that. She was doing this right, You know about.
Speaker 3: It because she was recording them and putting them on TikTok as a test of religious institutions.
Speaker 5: And she got help from a religious institution, a.
Speaker 3: Muslim one that you threw under a bus earlier.
Speaker 5: I didn't throw no muslim moss under the bush.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did. You threw you threw them under the bus.
Speaker 5: I didn't think, Yeah you did.
Speaker 3: You could ease. Everybody could go back and re listen to the past fifty minutes and you'll hear Andrew throwing the Muslims under the bus. Right, you did that. But I know, specifically because I brought it up, that Islam is at a different point in its life cycle than Christianity is. That's the only difference between the two. Otherwise, they're the same Abrahamic religion. They're the same shitty basis for the religion. Right, they both have fundamental and fundamentalist aspects to them that make them shitty. They're both the same. I remember making that several several minutes ago.
Speaker 5: I get what you're saying, But you're saying I threw a mosque. I didn't throw the mosque.
Speaker 6: I just said no.
Speaker 3: No, I said Muslims. You threw Muslims under the bus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't say Musclims. I'm not talking about individual Musclis.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about Islam.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're being so fucking up to I don't know, I'm I'm I'm done. I don't know if Thinker still wants to argue with you, but I'm fucking done with you, you know, honestly, Andrew, after you admitted that that P three deos are perfectly fine in your worldview, I'm just I'm just I've been done with you.
Speaker 2: For a while. Where was I when he said that.
Speaker 3: It was a while ago.
Speaker 5: I said that, that's that's straight On taps, he talked about the debate that I had with Bible God.
Speaker 3: I was on the show with Bible Guy. It was my show with the with Dalton the Bible Guy, and you admitted that it was perfectly fine to to grape a teenage child. So I'm I've just been done with you for a while now.
Speaker 5: Oh, Bible Guys. No, I did not I admant that that's a lie.
Speaker 6: I did not admit that.
Speaker 3: No. I mean that's the reason why you were initially banned from the line. So no, I mean, that's that's it. Also, another another uh person, another guest that I brought on there clocked you for that months before then. So no, Andrew, You're you're totally that kind of ship bag.
Speaker 5: No, he just he only said that because he got offended when I told him to prove that God raped Mary and the Bible where said that he couldn't prove it, and then he thought I was justifying freaking race the rate you were of young girls, and that wasn't.
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't.
Speaker 7: Yay, you were.
Speaker 3: I've got it on my channel. It's everywhere, Andrew, everybody can see that. That's what she did to save them.
Speaker 6: That's not what I did.
Speaker 5: That's just straight up chat all.
Speaker 3: Right, here you go, Andrew? Was it wrong for God to force fully impregnate Mary when she was fourteen years old?
Speaker 5: Are you asking me a question? Now? Are you're playing a video?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, I'm not playing a video. I'm asking you a question, Andrew. Was it wrong of God to forcefully impregnate a fourteen year old child?
Speaker 6: If he did it by force? Yeah, that would be wrong.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So this, this contradicts what you said earlier that if it's part of God's purpose, then it's good. That's what you said, It was part of God's purpose to impregnate a fourteen year old child.
Speaker 5: Well she wasn't. Again, we haven't established us she was fourteen?
Speaker 3: Oh my God?
Speaker 1: Like, why do y'all like not read this story in his cultural context at that time.
Speaker 2: Look, the marriage age of a young girl.
Speaker 1: In first century wrong would have been between the ages of twelve and fourteen. She was betrothed Mary herself, she was betrothed.
Speaker 5: That's fine, but it doesn't mean as she was pregnant at.
Speaker 2: Fourteen, she was betrothed. And the marriage age.
Speaker 1: At that time, during that time in history was between the ages of twelve and fourteen. She was already betrothed to Joseph.
Speaker 5: Can you show me any evidence in the Bible or any rabbis I said Mary was fourteen, not what she might most see.
Speaker 3: It's this kind of ultra specific nonsense that you need in order to accept the cultural context here. Because I could bring up Victor P. Hamilton his work where he establishes the current or not current, but at that particular time, the contemporary practices of fathers and marriage and everything like that. Like you, father could sell his daughter before she before she was even eight years old, and there was no way for her to refuse that. It was also the fact that he establishes that in the Jewish culture at that time, girls were married off at fourteen as soon as they as soon as they went through puberty. These are all things that are culturally established and established, like in the Talmud and all this other stuff. So you can't sit because that's where that's where Victor P. Hamilton pulls his information from. But you don't want to admit that because you have to make some kind of pedantic argument making marry any any other age other than a child. But in your worldview, the purpose of God was to impregnate a fourteen year old child, and you have to say that's good. Is it good to impregnate for God to impregnate a fourteen year old child? No, No, it's not so. Now you're being a hypocrite. No I'm not, Yes you are. It was God's purpose to impregnate a fourteen year old child, as you established at the beginning of this call. Anything that's outside of God's purpose is evil. So it would be evil for God not to rape that fourteen year old child.
Speaker 5: No, no, anything that sounds out of God's purpose would be evil. It's not a great purpose to impregnate a fourteen year old.
Speaker 3: Then why did he do it?
Speaker 1: Like take away the age? Take away the age, just her period?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Was it evil for your God to just rape her period and put his seat in her without her permission period and then tell her after the fact.
Speaker 5: God, God didn't rape Mary, Like, I don't know why y'all keep saying that.
Speaker 1: Did he not send an aim it to her and say, hey, yo, you bring me with God's child?
Speaker 5: No he didn't say hey yo. No he didn't say that.
Speaker 8: See.
Speaker 3: See this is the pedanic shit I'm talking about with Andrew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm done trying.
Speaker 3: To No, sorry, sorry I dropped him. Look, I'm done with the pedantic shiit of like, no, he didn't say ayo, Like are you serious? Like that's the thing you object to in that? Like that's just fucking dumb.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: We got more calls about God not evil, and then we have some science calls.
Speaker 8: What do you want?
Speaker 3: I'm good either way. I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see this person has been waiting a while, so we're gonna read to bring them on.
Speaker 2: I think this is your wheelhouse. I deny, yep.
Speaker 3: We got James up here. Hey there, James, can you hear us?
Speaker 7: James from Oklahoma?
Speaker 6: And you know herew was kind of all.
Speaker 7: Over the place. My mom had a debate book back in the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 6: And back then there were still a lot of stuff.
Speaker 7: Going on with the racial fas. And one of the statements in there, about fifty pages in it, says, if a whole group of men get together and they decide they want to go out and hang a man or lynch a man, he says, what you have is a consensus. But a consensus bears neither merit nor morality. It is simply a consensus. You brought up several things about laws and morals. Don't we have laws that prevent murder? Don't we have laws that do this? Well, if you think about every single person coming together, that they have representatives that go up and the representatives pass laws, they say, hey, it's not good if people kill each other off. Well, you have a consensus, but what you have is not moral. In order to have a moral you have to have something outside of a human consensus that establishes that moral boundary. And in the Bible, I see that God has established a morality, and he said this is what.
Speaker 6: Passed to a line up number one.
Speaker 7: If you look at the first four things in the Ten Commandments, it first establishes a moral alignment with God that we have to give him God, God have to serve him, and him only shall we serve.
Speaker 6: And then it has.
Speaker 7: Our alignment between man and man, first man and.
Speaker 8: God, and then man and man.
Speaker 7: And the loss heirs, to show that we are incapable of kind of aligning.
Speaker 3: James, James, I want to I want to test you on this real quick. So Deuteronomy no, sorry, Exodus twenty one to seven says that a father may sell his daughter as a slave to a man for a sexual pleasure. Is that good or bad?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 7: Can you read that actual verse to me?
Speaker 3: Yes? I can. Well, let me look it up real quick.
Speaker 1: Well, before we get to that, I just want to add, like your God was okay with people being hung like David hand it over seven of sal sons. Hold on, David handed over seven of salt sons to be hung to end of family, right, Like we did not get our morals to not hang humans from your God. If anything, they believe that they could hang humans because your God allowed it. I just want to add that, Wow, godless finds.
Speaker 2: That scripture for you because that wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So this is Exodus, James, hold on, this is Exodus twenty one. I'm starting in twenty one seven. If a man sells his daughter as a slave, she is not to be freed in the same way as male slaves are. So this is like the male slaves, meaning the indentured servants that Hebrew Israelite slaves. They are freed every six years, I believe it is, and then in the jubilee year. Yeah, well they serve six years and then they're free in the seventh year. But if a man sells his daughter as a slave, she is a slave for a life until the man, you know, dismisses her and everything like that, after he's used her up and everything. So now is that is that good or is that bad?
Speaker 7: Well, let's let's look at some of the contexts or some of the things that you had before already, and one is that one is that uh uh as far as the battles with the Amalekites and the hamstring, the horses that you mentioned, and some of the buds sacrifices, if we go back and look at the context of a lot of those things, uh.
Speaker 1: Can you godless question because we don't want to talk to you about a conversation we had with Andrew.
Speaker 7: Well, let me let me, let me tell you a little bit with it, because no.
Speaker 1: No, no, can you answer godless quick like? We want to have our own conversation with you. We don't want to carry over a Andrew. Can you answer godless question?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 7: In the context twitter, a man uh sells the daughter if if it says as a slave or as a bride, is it as a brighter or is it as a slave? What would the original Hebrew context be? Because if he sells her is ride then is bound by the marriage, and the marriage doesn't release unless the man dies.
Speaker 3: So, James, I think that the problem. So there's two different problems here. First of all, the Hebrew does say slave. It indicates slave. It uses the word for slave, which is a bed uh. That's number one. But also you seem to be rationalizing selling women. Why do you want to be on the internet I'm rationalizing.
Speaker 8: I'm not.
Speaker 7: I'm not rationalizing the selling of women. But I know that a lot of the top times, whenever the context of slavery was mentioned, that the slavery was as a way of relief for people that were like the indentured servitude. Somewhere slavery mentioned.
Speaker 3: Sure, somewhere, So that's right. Some were indentured, indentured servants, or debt slavery was a thing at the time. This is not that this is a man selling his daughter as a slave to another man.
Speaker 7: Right if they're sold into it as a slave, as an indentured kind of thing, or as an indebtedness, if she is sold.
Speaker 6: To resolve a debt. You know, like back then, whenever.
Speaker 7: A woman was married, she had to have a dowry that was given with her. The family had to pay for the woman to be married, and that dowry that.
Speaker 3: Was seeing her again. The problem here, James, is that you're rationalizing selling women. Why are you rationalizing sex.
Speaker 7: Trafficking, rationalizing the selling of women. I'm saying that a lot of times back then the cultural norm was that if they were indebted, that they would sell one of the women as a bride.
Speaker 8: And that that's.
Speaker 1: Not happening here though, and Exodus twenty one, that's not what's happening here. The women are AMA's right, they are actual slaves. It says the ki Yim chord is at batold Ama te uh a ki zat avan. She was a slave, okay, and then when if her master paired her with a male slave and they had children. The man, if he wanted to stay with his wife and children, he had to become a lifetime slave because the woman and the children belonged to the master.
Speaker 2: This was breeding.
Speaker 1: The women and the children were lifetime chattel slaves. Only the men here were released doing jubilee.
Speaker 7: Well, the man, if he wanted to stay with the wife.
Speaker 1: Then he would be it will become a lifetime slave because the wife was a lifetime slave.
Speaker 7: But looking in the context to the hebrew slavery, they were required to provide for the servants. They were required to provide for the slaves as they would for one in their own household.
Speaker 2: So did they in America.
Speaker 1: Like, no one's going to pay a thousand dollars for a slave and let them die, right right, So you're taking care of your investment. They took care of their investment. They didn't do it because they loved them. Slaves were assets.
Speaker 7: They were required not to beat them. They were required, I.
Speaker 1: Mean they wouldn't beat them because again it's their labor. Like think about why the Boushewisi didn't want their slaves fighting in the Civil War. Well, think about ask yourself why the bousheoisie did not want their slaves fighting in the Civil War. They paid one thousand dollars per slave. You thought that they were going to let them go and fight a war. They used the low income, illiterate, poor people to.
Speaker 2: Fight for them.
Speaker 1: They did not want to lose their their investments, They did not want to lose their assets.
Speaker 3: They also well, well, James, also, uh, there needs to be a caveat with that, don't beat your slaves. It's you can't beat your slaves till death. If you beat your slave, you and they get up, what is it after like three days or something like that. As long as they live, you can beat them as much as you want to. So that's just not even true, James. But all this, all this was initially to point out this this so called moral system that's outside of human influence or something like that. The thing that I have a problem with in Christianity is that when you take the moral system and you remove the human aspect to to the human consideration, and you put it in the hands of some deity out there, then you're not doing things that are good for human beings. You're doing things that are good for the deity. And what's good for the deity is definitely not anything concerned with the well being of human beings. That's the point that I'm making here. If you're going to base your moral system on something that's outside of the human experience, then you run the risk of doing things that are detrimental to the human experience. Tell me, Exodus twenty one seven, what is the benefit to the human experience that an omniscient god, supposedly eternal, omniscient, omnipotent, omni benevolent God dictated to the fathers of Israel that they can sell their daughters as slaves, specifically sexual slaves.
Speaker 8: Let's go to this.
Speaker 7: Verse for that, and that is that whenever Jesus was in the temple, he.
Speaker 6: Had some of the people that came up to him and said.
Speaker 7: Hey, you know, if he said, you know, if a woman was married, then she.
Speaker 8: Ended up married.
Speaker 7: And you know, he died, and the next brother came in, and he died, and the next brother came in the next and he's like, you know, why is why is this?
Speaker 5: You know, how is this?
Speaker 8: How's this going to be?
Speaker 7: And he said, well, you know that the marriage in the beginning was one man, one woman, one lifetime, and then they said, well, if that's true, no, why did God get No?
Speaker 3: No, No, that's just not true. That is not true. It's not it's not been one man, one woman. It's it's one woman compared to a man. But the man can have multiple wives and concubines.
Speaker 7: But he said, what, how was it in the beginning? And he said it was that God brought the woman to the man and they were married and he's And they said, well, why is it then that the Abraham gave us the ruling for divorce? And he said, because your hearts are hard?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Wait, do you mean Moses in the inherent sinful Yeah, Moses in the inherent sinfulness of man. You know, when we were in the garden, God basically gave us work to do. He said, dress it and keep it. And he said eat whatever you want except for this one fruit, the knowledge of the tree of good.
Speaker 3: James, James, I'm sorry, We're we're going all over the place here. This is really not this is not having a giant effect on me right now, primarily because God at one time aduke into fireball up two priests asses and cause them to spontaneously combust when uh, when they used the wrong fire to light his fucking incense, and you're sitting here telling me, well, God's God's heart was I mean, he said that the human's hearts were just too hard for divorce and all this other shit, and they were just too hard for him to say, don't sell your daughters as sexual slaves. Like, are you He killed two people for using the wrong kind of fire to do it, and you're telling me that it was too much for God to say, Hey, don't sell children as sexual slaves. Get the fuck out of here, James.
Speaker 7: The spirit of the spirit of the two guys that burned the wrong incense, he told them what kind of chance to burn, and that burned it for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 3: Just right over your head, James, do you understand the problem that can you? Can you maybe steal man the problem that I have.
Speaker 7: I can see what's your what you're going to that the context of selling the girl with the for the as a full time as a long term slave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, I had I have a problem with the hypocrisy of the whole idea that humans hearts were so hard that God had to allow divorce and other bad things, but at the same time he requires a specific kind of fire in order to light his incense with and he kills two priests because of it. But apparently it's just way too much for God to be, like, Hey, don't sell your daughters as slaves. Also, women are human beings too, don't treat them like their property. But you know what, God still at Exodus twenty seventeen says women are property just like your chattel. Slaves are your property too, So like you, don't sit there and tell me that human's hearts were too hard. When God requires specific fire and kills people when they use the wrong kind of fire. God also killed a bunch of israel Elites because they were a bit too lippy. Well with him complaining about shit in the desert, God caused an entire generation of Israelites to die wandering in the desert because Moses fucking smacked a rock instead of yelling at it. Don't sit there and tell me that humans hearts were too hard to tell them to stop selling women as slaves.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm telling you this, and that is that if you want to talk about morals, morals can't come from a human consensus, esh, my.
Speaker 3: Fucking Christ, and it can't come from your fucking God, James, That's what I've been trying to tell you.
Speaker 1: But morals do come from human consensus, like humanity. Humanity did not come to the decision to abolish slavery because your God commanded it.
Speaker 2: There's absolutely nothing in this book.
Speaker 1: Where your God says, I changed my mind, I was wrong to regulate slavery.
Speaker 2: Don't do it anymore like humanity.
Speaker 1: Christians had to reinterpret text in order to convince Christians, Southern Christians that your Jesus was against slavery, because there is no outright condemnation of the practice. In fact, the last he leaves it off with instructing Paul to instruct Christians who are enslaved to obey their earthly masters, including their harsh ones, and to do it with a little bit back into it.
Speaker 2: He says, don't do it for humans, do it because it is the will of God.
Speaker 1: Like there's nothing in this book where your God commands for people to stop on the slaves. Humans humans came to that moral standard together. And now you want to revise history and say your God has always been against lavery, when that is not the case.
Speaker 7: I say God has a better plan for us than what you try to stick him out to be And I say, the context says everything. If you look at a lot of the places where he sent them in to go after the Amorites.
Speaker 8: He told.
Speaker 6: Israel, he says, your, your generations are going to suffer under.
Speaker 7: Fateroh for four hundred years, and I'm going to bring him out with a mighty hand. But he says that the sin of the Amorits is not yet full. He gave him six hundred years and they were sacrificing their children to amelek into molac and burners and killing them all.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm sorry there, James. Did you know that the Israelites originally had mandates to sacrifice their firstborn children.
Speaker 7: Well, I know that Abraham whenever he took his son up there to be the sacrifice, that God held his hand and stopped him.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: So so originally, Yahweh required you to redeem the firstborn. And the way that you redeemed the firstborn was you either sacrifice the lamb, kind of like what you know Abraham did, or if you couldn't sacrifice, if you didn't redeem the firstborn, either human or animal, you ended up having to break its neck right and so the example was given the donkey, but very obviously that it's xtaposed like the human sacrifice. There is just suppose against the donkey's neck being broken as a way of saying, oh, but we don't we need to redeem, we don't need to not redeem the firstborn of every child. You've got in what was at Exodus thirteen thirteen, that's where it specifically lays it out, and then you've got Ezekiel twenty twenty nine. I believe it is where God admits to requiring the Israelites to do detestable things like sacrificing their firstborn children. So it is there. Now. It is true that later priestly sources came in and re contextualize all of that to be like a dedication to priestly service, but that comes much later in the Israelites history. Originally it was actually sacrificing the firstborn children.
Speaker 7: I've never seen anything where they said they had to sacrifice the firstborn children. Now, the redemption through the animals, the sacrificial system. If you're looking Isaiah chapter forty six, verse sen, and he says, propriaming the end from the beginning, and from ancient times, those things which are not yet as though they already were. My words will be established and I'll do as I please. God came in and said, I'm going to show you how I'm going to do it. I'm going to tell you how I'm going to do it, and then show.
Speaker 6: You and do it, and that way you know it's me.
Speaker 8: And the one thing differing.
Speaker 7: About the Christian religion than from any other religious book is the prophecy.
Speaker 1: No wait, before you move on to prophecies, like you brought up the fact that your God sent his chosen into Egypt to be enslaved for four hundred years while he sat back and watched the Canaanites supposedly do all of this evil. And he waited until they got so evil before he released his Israelites from slavery, where he allowed them to go through suffering so that they could go into Canaan and kill these evil Canaanites. You're all powerful God who has the power to wake people up in the morning, sat back and watched the Canaanites just do evil. He didn't introduce himself up to them at all, because they didn't know your God.
Speaker 2: He didn't say. He did not go and say Hey, let.
Speaker 1: Me give you these laws that I've not yet given Moses, because I'm going to hold you accountable for some shit that I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna give to my people.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hold you accountable for the shit that you don't know yet. And that's what you're like, You're that's what you're calling moral. You're literally saying, your God sat back and watch these people do evil shit without knowing your god, and he did nothing about it until he raised up some mercenaries to go in and commit murder.
Speaker 6: Shit.
Speaker 7: Back and listen a minute, everybody was in the garden.
Speaker 2: No, we're not going to the garden. Were out the garden. There's no need to go. There's no need to go to the garden.
Speaker 1: What we're talking about right now is the fact that your God sat back for hold on, know what we're talking about is the fact that your God sat back for four hundred.
Speaker 2: Years and was like, Nope, their motherfuckers ain't evil enough yet.
Speaker 1: And now one time did he intervene and introduce himself to the Canaanites. He just sat back and waited until his mercenaries were ripe.
Speaker 7: I think you're wrong.
Speaker 1: That's what that's literally, that's literally, that's literally, wait, that's literally what you said. You you wrought up the fact that he said that the sin of the Canaanites have.
Speaker 2: Not gotten to.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So he step back and he watched them continue to do evil sacrifice to Malik. Although the book doesn't say that they did that. The Israelites are the one who built the effect to Maleek. But that's besides the point. Right now, Your God sat back and watched them just do evil, and he's like, look that the marma tange hot enough. Yet while his mercenaries were cooking, While his mercenaries were cooking in.
Speaker 2: Egypt, they didn't know.
Speaker 8: I think they did.
Speaker 2: I don't care what you think. There ain't nothing in this book that says that they did.
Speaker 6: There is absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: There is nothing.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 1: There is nothing in this book that that says that the Canaanites. New York God or his laws and statutes.
Speaker 7: Bullshit, and show it to me.
Speaker 6: Show it to me, all right, all right, Adam.
Speaker 1: In the garden I'm talking about Adam, I'm talking about the Canaanites.
Speaker 2: Show me. I don't like ship, I don't feel like going.
Speaker 5: To the garden.
Speaker 6: I don't want to go to the garden.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go to the garden. Show me where talk to me about the Canaanites. Show me where it is the Canaanites New York. God before the injuries, was sitting in there. Show me what you talking while I'm talking. Show me I want to talk about the Canaanites. Show me where it says the Canaanites knew your God before your God sent the Israelites in there to murder them.
Speaker 7: All right, if you listen, I'll tell you back in the garden, Adam walked with God.
Speaker 2: Oh my fucking God.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, because the Canaanis don't have anything to do with the garden.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to I'm trying to shorten this.
Speaker 2: Go to the Canaanites.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to shorten this as quick as.
Speaker 1: Adam don't have anything to do with the Canaanites.
Speaker 7: I guess this conversation is done. If you're not going to listen that, I guess it's done.
Speaker 9: We got other people.
Speaker 7: I don't know something.
Speaker 1: I don't know who you think you're talking to. There is no need for us to be in the garden. I asked you about the Canaanites and I'm trying to tell.
Speaker 8: You that they knew that there was a God. I didn't say.
Speaker 1: I did not ask you if they knew that there was a God. I asked you if they knew your God. And I want you to take me to the verse that says that. And you're trying to gaslight me and bullshit me.
Speaker 2: With this garden store. There's no need. There is no need for you to be going to the garden. The question that I asked you has nothing to do with Adam and Eve. Take me to the.
Speaker 1: Scripture that says the Canaanizes knew. Take me to the scripture that says the Canaanisee knew Yahweh, Jack, whatever you call them.
Speaker 8: Do I think that Noah and his sons did not know about God.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask about Noah and his son.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask about no I did not ask you about Noah his sons.
Speaker 5: You not ask you that.
Speaker 2: If I did not ask you about Noah and his sons.
Speaker 7: You asked about the Canaan I you were descendants of Noah.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to see.
Speaker 9: I want to see.
Speaker 2: I want to see the scripture.
Speaker 1: I want to see the scripture that says the Canaanise knew your God. The Israelites didn't even know your God with Moses. The Israelites didn't even know your God or what to call him when Moses.
Speaker 2: Came and rescued them.
Speaker 1: So how are you going to say that the Canaanise knew them before the Israelites did.
Speaker 7: They had to have known that they ain't.
Speaker 2: No, had to have known begin they ain't.
Speaker 1: No, had to have known your God set back, Your God set back and watched all these were happy where God.
Speaker 9: Sat that.
Speaker 1: Then go hang up, man, bye bye.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't understand the pivot, Like he just constantly pivoted in one direction or another. He wouldn't actually answer any of the questions. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I think they did know God. They knew with God.
Speaker 1: That's not what I asked you. I want to go to the garden. We'll take a trip out of this phone call. But right now we ain't, Kennan, that's what I asked you about.
Speaker 2: Like that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Oh man, all right, I'm good for either one. That's uh that's left there in the queue. Uh oh yeah, you know, actually I got to do right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was gonna say we should probably do the announcements, so yeah.
Speaker 1: First off, we are excited to announce the launch of our twenty twenty six Back Cruise August fifteenth at seven pm. Tickets are on sale now and they're going fast, and there's going to be exciting events all weekend, including a special guest lecturer on Friday, a community outing and activity during the day on Saturday, followed by our annual members town hall, and your favorite ACA shows filmed live from the Free Throw Free Thought Library on Sunday featured guests genetically Modified Skeptic in the end tabat Tickets available at ACA dot show for slash Back Cruise, and stick around until the end of the show for a special announcement about Back Cruise. We want to send a big thank you out to the crew who put the show together every week. Video operators, audio operators, note takers, call screeners.
Speaker 2: And chat moderators.
Speaker 1: Would you like to be one of those attractive crew members, be a guest on one of our shows, or eventually become a host.
Speaker 2: We're always looking for people.
Speaker 1: Interested in becoming part of our productions teams, so email Volunteer at Atheistcommunity dot org to get involved. All right, we're going to take another call. All right, let's take George. You know, Georgia, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: What you want to make an argument that God is a DJ. Yes, it's DJ short for devil, joke or something.
Speaker 2: Demon.
Speaker 10: No, no word playing, no, nothing like this. I think that God is nothing without us?
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean in what in what capacity are you? Are you saying that he's nothing without us? That we provide the experience. He can't have an experience without I don't.
Speaker 1: I agree with you one hundred percent. I don't think that there really is, you know, any type of disagreement there.
Speaker 2: I agree that.
Speaker 1: The God can't do anything without a human being. I think that God is a concept that lives in the minds of humans. They are his mouth, his mind, his brain, Like he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't have any of that with God in human So I mean I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not disagreement about it.
Speaker 10: So my beliefs are hippidep new age. So I'm aware that I can't provide a very stable argument.
Speaker 3: Well, so, George, are you saying that God exists but he somehow only exists because we believe in him?
Speaker 2: Like? Is that your argument?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think we're eternal beings and that is the way things are. It's like we deal with the physical reality and also when we're in spirit, we have.
Speaker 3: To deal with eternity. Okay, what things are for me? What's the evidence that were eternal beings?
Speaker 10: Well, a strong point is that we practically live in a quantum world, that everything is possible.
Speaker 3: Everything is possible. That's okay. I don't know. I don't honestly, George, I don't know what to do with that, but just gonna be straight.
Speaker 10: Well, how about how about we look at the pyramids and the relics that we have all around the world, in the Mexico, in the.
Speaker 3: Egypt, in in South America. Okay, I don't know how that's going to get us to human beings are eternal beings. But also there's only so many ways you can stack stack stuff and it and it be, you know, secure in its foundation. Uh So. I mean the fact that multiple different civilizations figured out how to build pyramids is not indicative of any kind of shared consciousness or any any kind of like external beings that gave us that information. I mean, essentially, it's like, hey, how do I stack these ship bricks this high? Oh, maybe I should do it this way, maybe I should do it that way, And they both figured out different ways to do it. In fact, the pyramids, I've actually been to the pyramids over there in Central America. They're they're fantastic, they're amazing, but they're also very different than the pyramids that are over there in Giza. Now I haven't been to the pyramids in Giza, but I mean that you could obviously tell that they're very different in their structure. So I mean, yeah, they're they're pyramids, but I mean they're still different. I don't know, were you trying to use the pyramids in order to prove that?
Speaker 10: Like, what were you trying to use them to prove? Maybe I jumped in on this a little bit too quick. Well let's take a look at much of Pichu. It's on top of a mountain and the stones are all sizes curved, and it's like, what's going on. It's like on top of a mountain, and who the hell in cavement time is going to do that?
Speaker 3: Cavemen? Yeah, like in ancient time, cavement time. I feel like you're mixing up time periods here. Also, cavemen is not a scientific designation of a period of human development that I mean that it would be better if you use something that was more indicative of an actual period. Are you talking about a time frame in which we were still hunter gatherers and uh we were mixing with Neanderthals, because that happened way before we started building settlements. We were still in nomadic you know, groups that were hunter gatherers, and so we would move with the the populations of animals as well as seasons. Uh, we didn't have like fixed locations, So there's that. And then if you're talking about the time at which we started building things in Central America, that would have been a more agrarian kind of situation because they were actually laying down settlements as opposed to being nomadic tribes. So it kind of seems like you're mixing up time periods here. Could you be a bit more specific.
Speaker 10: I don't know the consensus on what time period Macho Picchu was built, but for me, it's like it's on top of a mountain.
Speaker 3: Something is going on. Yeah, people climb the mountain with with stones on their backs and they built shit. Also, Machu Pichu was built in the fifteenth century. Okay, Okay, so not not cavemen times. This is google abull shit there, Georgie. But it's on top of a mountain. Man, It's like something is going on. Who is going to do you need? Do you need something magical in order to carry your rock up the side of a mountain?
Speaker 10: Why don't we have h the information on the building?
Speaker 3: Who says that we don't have that information? I don't know. I'm not sure what Why the fuck would you say it?
Speaker 2: Like, I'm gonna is he trying to say? Is he?
Speaker 1: I thought his original stance was the God within nothing without is now it sounds like he's saying that the God.
Speaker 2: Helped him build this? Like what is he saying? I typically found out? I didn't. I didn't catch that.
Speaker 3: That's fine. Uh no, yeah, I think that he's trying to make I don't know. Typically people bring up Machu Picchu in the Pyramids when they're wanting to go ancient aliens type ship? Are you doing ancient alien ship? It's being the god or like see, I'd called it, fucking called it, I knew it. I believe in aliens. Of course, it's part of the deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, are aliens got to you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Not at all weird equals. But see Machu Picchu was built using a masterclass of Inca engineering called ashlar masonry, where stones were cut to fit together perfectly without any mortar.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: There's underground terraces, there's deep foundations, there's a drainage system. Uh llama power.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The heavy stones were hauled up as deep mountain ridges using ropes, ramps and pure human and animal labor. We know, we know how this was built there, Georgie, Like, I don't what what's the point? Can you can?
Speaker 8: You can?
Speaker 3: Because we're we have better ways of carrying stones up mountains, and we also don't have to build on mountains like that. Like, I don't know what the fuck you're pointing out here? Like, so, so how does this connect? Can you connect this back to God for us? Because I'm lost down?
Speaker 10: So there are in responsibilities in our world and in spirit and incarnating in worlds like this is just went one way to deal with eternity, that's all.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. There was a whole bunch of of word solid to me. Could you could you maybe break it down to me? Like I'm five years old?
Speaker 10: Well, God is nothing special, but without us there would be no adventure, no worlds like ours.
Speaker 1: But I think I think we we've agreed with you on that, but it's kind of sounds like you're adding aliens in this MH.
Speaker 3: They have their own adventures.
Speaker 2: Aliens.
Speaker 10: Well there it is extraterrestrials that are human just sleep on another planet and aliens are very alien to us.
Speaker 2: Aliens A right, I think this is more truth truth wanted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Georgie, you miss truth wanted by just a little bit. They start at I believe about two forty five pm Central time. If I'm not if I'm not mistaken there, but I can't hold on, I can't see Kelly, Kelly, give me a thumbs up? Did I get that? That time frame right? Two forty five? Yeah, about two forty five Central time on Sundays is truth wanted. And trust me, they would love to interact with you on on some alien stuff.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, let me just say, quh, what it takes for you to believe that God is real? But he's nothing special, that we're part of him and we also have infinite awareness, we're we're in spirits.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I already said that I think that God exists in your minds.
Speaker 2: I knew the God is real because you believe the God is real.
Speaker 1: So you do and say and act because you believe that that's what the God wants you to do.
Speaker 3: So would you say, would you? Would you?
Speaker 10: Would you agree that everything is connected even on a physical level like physical laws?
Speaker 3: Everything is connected?
Speaker 2: Like what do you everything?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 3: What? On a physical level? Like what?
Speaker 10: Like the whole universe for example? One example with physical laws, with physical laws like gravity.
Speaker 3: I don't I mean not in the not in the way that you're meaning it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you would know that. Why are you asking me? Would I agree that? How would I be able to say?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 2: I tested that I know that.
Speaker 10: Like I asked, what would it take for you to say, Okay, God exists, but he's nothing spaid.
Speaker 2: I already told you I think your God exists in your minds?
Speaker 3: All right? All right? Yeah, like I agree, we're one with God.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that. That's not the same thing. Your God exists in your mind. You hold a belief in a God, so the God is real to you, so you act on behalf of that belief, and that makes the God real, right because you exist?
Speaker 10: I would say, it's not far fetched to think that there is an eternal spirit that we are part of.
Speaker 3: Those are just claims, Georgie, those are just claims. You have to you have to be able to prove them.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that either.
Speaker 1: I said that God was an idea that you hold in your mind, that you hold in your your your thoughts, and your heart, and you act on behalf from that idea, like the inspiration of the God. It's kind of like when they say that all scripture is inspired by God. Scripture is inspired by men.
Speaker 2: Who believed in a God.
Speaker 1: They wrote from their belief, like that belief was the inspiration for why they wrote what they wrote, not that.
Speaker 2: A God told them what to say.
Speaker 1: And so I think all of you are who hold a belief in a God, your worldview is inspired by that belief, and that makes the God real to you.
Speaker 10: I think my point of view is that if infinity and eternity were something non existent, we couldn't even talk about this stuff. You have ideas wrap around our minds around these kind of ideas, because if they didn't exist, would do something different. We would be maybe more constraint or something.
Speaker 1: But what what did what did you have to do with infinity and eternity, Like have you ever looked to see like what your experience would be if you will within the time of eternity.
Speaker 10: Well, spirit is a timeless state of being, so there is no time that.
Speaker 3: Just so I was thinking of certain Georgie that that's incoherent okay, okay, like God is nothing special.
Speaker 10: Our natural state is with God in spirit, being based out and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you so cul truth wanted next Sunday and have this conversation.
Speaker 2: We do have one more call to go before the end of the show. I thank you so much for calling in though.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, thank you, ken, I welcome one, have a have a great night, all right, okay.
Speaker 3: Uh So we do have our last caller, uh and then we're going to get to any super chats that anybody has, so send in those super chats if you want us to address those.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, ag Hi, how are you?
Speaker 6: Is it a.
Speaker 2: One one?
Speaker 1: So you want to calling about the possibility of God existing and not caring about human reality?
Speaker 2: Okay, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 9: And to discuss about your you buys.
Speaker 8: Certainty on materialism you know on that word.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I said that again, you want to start, I'm sorry, send that again.
Speaker 8: Which topic would you like me to talk?
Speaker 2: Well, you're it's your god evil.
Speaker 1: Well, first off, you said you want to talk about the possibility of God existing. I'm willing to grant you that the God exists for the purposes of getting to the actual topic. I mean, I don't know if godless wants to have the conversation with you about God existing or not, but I quite frankly would just grant for the purposes of an internal critique that your God exists for this conversation.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm you know, I'm really.
Speaker 4: An agnostic in respect of like any more specific infinitial of God. But what I do have is that I don't think I am like a material list or like a purely naturalist anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're right now, you don't have a belief in a god like you don't necessarily subscribe to a.
Speaker 2: Guide.
Speaker 8: Could you repeat?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm trying to make sure I understand what you said.
Speaker 1: You're agnostic and you don't necessarily subscribe to any specific deity like are you an agnostic theist?
Speaker 4: And maybe more more or less more more like a Tenantes you know, like man God. You know, the material war uh is basically inside God. But God is like something greater.
Speaker 8: Than the material work. And the reason I say the same.
Speaker 4: About morality because I do agree with you that in the a strict traditional like classical peace definition, there is the youth throw dilemma that basically, you know, you cannot have the three try our characteristics at the same time. And I sometimes like just tempted two. You know, the possibility that either it is the moral aspect you know of the benevolence that a God, to be consistent.
Speaker 8: Would not have it, or it could also be lack of.
Speaker 9: Of me of minipotence in a traditional sense, you know.
Speaker 4: But that but that wouldn't mean that there wouldn't be a God that is like a non materialistic basis for reality.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sorry, I'm having a little difficulty understanding you, so I don't call You're saying that you believe that God and.
Speaker 2: God is omni benevolent.
Speaker 4: No, that that God may not be on the benevolence or may not be of nipotent in the traditional sense.
Speaker 2: But what God like are you said? The universe is God, Nature is God like? What is God? Here though.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying that the nature is God, but that I am inclined to think that there must be a God in the sense of a non materialistic basis for reality.
Speaker 1: No realistic basic basis for reality.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, because well I so hold on, you.
Speaker 8: Know, materials with the problem.
Speaker 1: On.
Speaker 3: So, Uh, I get that you want to think that there's some kind of magical basis for reality, but that's kind of a bit of a logical leap there going from reality exists and it requires some kind of magical aspect to it in order for it to exist. So can you help build that bridge between reality and the god that like the God that you think exists, that that reality is dependent upon.
Speaker 8: And yeah.
Speaker 4: The reason why I say that, uh is mine, you know, And it's touching the problem for materialism. How do you reconcile the problem of consciousness? On you your direct access to first of can suggestive experience and so well.
Speaker 3: Hold on before you go on, but you mentioned one thing, and that's the problem of consciousness. And I for for me personally, I am an emergentist. So like consciousness is an emergent property of a complex central nervous system.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And so that what that means is that, you know, not only humans can have a consciousness. Obviously, other animals, other life forms can have can be conscious There's also a difference in levels of consciousness, Like there's very basic consciousness and then their sentients and all this other stuff. So like, but I think that it all depends on how complex thees central nervous system is, and how the central nervous system interacts with the environment around it and reacts to stimulus. So like, all of that is an emergent property, and so our consciousness, our experiences, all those things can be interpreted through like the chemical processes and the structures of our brains and everything. So like, we don't need some magical aspect to consciousness in order to explain it.
Speaker 1: But still has he stated what that magical aspect.
Speaker 3: Is other than an ambiguous God figure. No, he hasn't really been able to describe it. He just keeps jumping from claim to claim.
Speaker 8: It would be consciousness, you know God, So consciousness is God like consciousness.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. W are you saying? Are you saying consciousness would be God?
Speaker 8: Not all consciousness, you know, in.
Speaker 4: Trivial sense, but all consciousness would be derived from the consciousness of God.
Speaker 2: What is the God though, it would be the.
Speaker 8: You know, the vision that.
Speaker 4: The universe and what is potentially outside the universe are.
Speaker 1: So when I said, you're saying the universe is God? You said no, But you are saying that, I'm saying that the universe would be a part.
Speaker 8: A part of God.
Speaker 2: Yes, the universe is a part of God. Yes, But what is the God? Like, what's beyond the what else? What other part of him?
Speaker 1: It would be nature, You're saying everything, the universe, nature, humans, everything is God?
Speaker 2: Is what you are saying.
Speaker 1: No, So what's the other part of God? I got the universe?
Speaker 2: And what else?
Speaker 8: Could you repeat that?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What are the other parts of your God? The universe and what else? If not consciousness, the.
Speaker 2: Universe and what?
Speaker 1: Because the other the reason why I need to figure this out is because the other part of your reason for calling is to discuss whether or not your God could be evil and not care about morals. And we can't have that discussion until we know what you're calling God.
Speaker 8: All right, what I'm calling God would beat them.
Speaker 9: Them, the.
Speaker 6: Hm the.
Speaker 8: How do you describe it? It's uh, it would be them.
Speaker 4: The organicity of the universe, you know, and the and the of existence.
Speaker 8: I'm calling God them origin.
Speaker 4: Of you know, in in kind of our platonic sense, the origin of existence.
Speaker 8: Basically.
Speaker 3: Well, so this just sounds like presuppositional apologetics, like you're just pre supposing that there is a God that exists, and is it is the non contingent thing that everything else is contingent upon. Is that what you're doing or are you doing a contingency argument?
Speaker 9: I do think the contingency argument, you know, which I do think going.
Speaker 4: From the contingency argument to immediately like the Christian God would be a.
Speaker 8: High reach, you know, a high jump. But I'm not saying that.
Speaker 4: I'm saying exactly what the contingency argument would imply this kind of consation, you know, I'm not pre supposing, like the Christian God or the God of a specifical religion.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 4: From the ones that kind of have the tendency that there is some truth in in like most religious But people often misunderstand what people like me.
Speaker 8: Say say when we say that.
Speaker 9: When I say that, I don't.
Speaker 4: Mean that every religion is consistent we need each other, but that I see and if you study like compared toive religion and mythology, you can see like patterns that that emerge that are are kind of commons to the different religions. For example, I think it's amazing and escapes from my.
Speaker 8: My my possibility of of.
Speaker 4: Having you know, kind of a natural explation that for example, something that the mysticism of the you know, medieval philosopher mystic master Egghort.
Speaker 9: Has a very similar.
Speaker 4: Metaphysics to the the metasy physics of Zen Buddhism productions. They are very similar metaphysics when you analyze those different systems that never chain in contact with each other.
Speaker 1: You know, no, it's very hard to follow. It's very hard to follow, and that like, why argue something that you cannot?
Speaker 8: What's my point is that.
Speaker 4: I don't in that in this very moment, I don't land more credibility to the materialist hypothesis than to a non materialistic or idealistic option.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: What, what seems to what seems to give you the indication that something more than the material world exists.
Speaker 4: Well, for example, and I'm sure, uh, I'm not trying to do like a dodger with this or something, but you said that you are an emergentist.
Speaker 8: You know, I think emergentism is not like a strict materialism.
Speaker 4: Because when you say, uh that something categorically different is different emerges uh.
Speaker 8: From from matter, but it is not matter in itself.
Speaker 4: That is bringing another metaphysical realald to the the conversation that emergentism. Yeah, we surely matter would perceive that, but it still is another categorically different thing that matters, you know. I think emergentism most of the times is a you know.
Speaker 7: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: I mean, so emergent properties are not the same thing as dualism. Emergent properties are when you know that there's an interaction between different individual things and then this other property then manifests. So I mean it's based in a materialistic sort of framework. Just because the emergent properties aren't like like one to one directly represented in the material world like consciousness or you know, anything like that. Just because there's not like a one to one thing and it's more of a complex situation, does it mean that it's like dualism? Like, I don't know what you're talking about here.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like we're really not We're not getting too many, Like really anywhere with you, Juan, You've got a very confusing sort of theology here as well as not really it seems like you really don't know how to describe it. What I'm getting out of it is you seem to be like a pre suppositionalist, you presupposing that this God is necessary for reality given some various reasons that you think that emergent properties or properties of this reality that aren't directly represented by materialism, like thoughts, consciousness, that kind of thing, somehow that proves that there's a magical aspect to this reality. And I just don't see that. I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't see that as being you know, all that indicative of it. It kind of reminds me of like if you were to mix two different colors together and you get a different color, Like that different color is still represented by reality, right, It's still part of the natural world, even if that color is made by mixing two different colors. I don't know. I'm thoroughly confused, Twan. And but morely, we we are kind of at time for our show.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, just like one last thing and in particularifying, uh, it's not just one.
Speaker 8: Reason, Like I have talked about the.
Speaker 4: You know, I do take seriously the contingency argument, but I do not do the stupid thing of you know, responsing just an specific.
Speaker 9: Religion because of that. But it's not only that it is.
Speaker 4: The arguments against yeah, you know, not arguments, but reasons why I specifically would think that materialism.
Speaker 8: Cannot be true because.
Speaker 9: And I see and I do think emergency is not you know, it's must.
Speaker 8: Be the traditional dualism. But I do think it is a form of Uh.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's fine if you want to think that, but the the dualism thing is not the same thing as emergentism. How about this, Maybe we can, maybe we can come to an agreement that you can go back and workshop this idea, right, get it written down, either in a syllogistic form or in any other kind of way where you've got a clear, you know, description of what you're trying to put down here, and and maybe you can come back and we can run through that for any kind of logical consistency. But do you think that that might be something that you can do, is to to workshop this idea into some kind of like description of what you're trying to say, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I think this would be better for truth wanted as well or or talking. I think it's not it's not what we're discussing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, okay, okay, that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Well I was trying to I was, I was. I was trying to get you to the topic.
Speaker 1: Like you said that you wanted to talk about, you know, how the God could be evil and not care about human morality, right, and that part seemed pretty interesting to me. But I don't see how we can discuss that with you when you're having difficulty even describing what your idea of the God is. And so unfortunately, I'm not interested in, you know, the philosophical conversation about you know, men going back and forth about explaining something that they no one can definitively prove, you know, Like so I'm willing to give you that the God exists, but you can't explain what it is, like, you can't explain what it is, And like, I don't want to start the conversation back because we do have to get to reading the super chances and stuff and into our announcement. But like Godless said, if you you know workshop it a little bit come back.
Speaker 2: And be able to.
Speaker 1: You know, very clearly, you concise say what it is that you believe a God is to you, and then maybe call into Truth Wanted or Talk Heathen and and and talk that through with the host there.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 4: I also, yeah, that's a good idea, but you mentioned something that reminded me that I have problems with the uh paparian definition of like what you could consider true through empracism, you know, because something.
Speaker 1: You gotta you gotta call back, you gotta call.
Speaker 2: During Truth Wanted our Talky then okay, we have to we have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're we're we're not going to be able to interact with you on any kind of good level with you right now. So let's let's save that for Truth Wanted or or Talk Key then Talk Key then I believe starts around one pm Central on Sundays, and then Truth Wanted is at two forty five pm Central on Sundays. So just uh earmark those for next week, okay, Juan, and just spend this next week workshopping this idea.
Speaker 4: All right, sure, sure, that's a good home word. Okay, I will have my idea of written now. Then next week okay, all right, have.
Speaker 2: A good week. Thank you so much for calling.
Speaker 9: All right, all right, yeah, I have had to say I hope you have a good life.
Speaker 2: Okay, you too, Han, all right, all right, I'm sorry. Do you want to do the no?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, you do it.
Speaker 9: You do it.
Speaker 3: You're the host.
Speaker 1: Sorry, okay, I was trying to figure out, so we want to think, I guess we'll go ahead and do the super chats and then bring in the back up. So do you want to bring the super chests on stage? And then I read one and then you re one yep.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the first one is from AG for ninety nine. Thank you, AG says the nerves are in the building. Thank you so much, AG.
Speaker 3: Yep. And then we get Infidel send it in the nineteen ninety nine saying you don't have to be homophobic if you are a Christian, but you can't be homophobic if you are a humanist. That's a pretty good idea right there. I mean, I agree, if you're a humanist, you're definitely not going to be homophobic.
Speaker 1: I agree, slow TD, I thank you so much for the dollar ninety nine superchat. Let me run by Grandstanding Bra ain't okay.
Speaker 3: I think that was talking about Andrew and yeah, he was definitely trying to grandstand blind Limey sent it in the ten said Tonight on atheist gear, John talks about effing Satan thinker cast pearls before swine, and Kelly gives in to the voices.
Speaker 1: Slow TENI for ninety nine, North Korea is an atheistic. They worship their leader just because it's not your God. Doesn't mean they are atheistic. Like, holy shit, this guy.
Speaker 3: Keih A lot of I noticed a lot of people confuse state atheism with just the atheist demographic in general and state. They don't realize that state atheism is where you replace the state or the supreme leader in this case, you know, as the religion, and you worship the state or the leader or whatnot as a as a deity. They don't seem to understand the differences there. Slow TDI send it in the four ninety nine, again saying North Korea worships their leader like a god just because it's not your god. Okay, so this is just twice holy This guy's grass I see is at the ending.
Speaker 1: Slow td I again, Oh, no, androids factory resetting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he totally did that slow TD I again saying, but don't look at the tenth number. That would be bad.
Speaker 2: The tenth number.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's the tenth I think that's what the James call the Exodus twenty seventeen, the tenth commandment.
Speaker 1: Oh, but what I must have missed. Don't look at the tenth number. Oh, the tenth, No, that would be bad. I read that as number. I mean, did you read that as number?
Speaker 3: I thought it was number two. I thought it might have been the tenth commandment because we're.
Speaker 2: At the tenth. No, that would be bad. I'm like tenth nomber.
Speaker 1: Over confused, Okay, and then unashamed of Pastain. There is no context that make slavery. Okay, Jim, your views are as gross as your God's Thursday for thank good.
Speaker 2: That's the hashtag. Yeah, I love it, Thank you so much. Unashamed of Pastain.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, thank y'all so much for being here today.
Speaker 2: Kelly, what did you think about this show?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, I had a lot of thoughts about this show.
Speaker 11: I don't want to take up too much to give me up back stain awesome, awesome. I always try to crack the host up at least once.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I did it. I wrote some notes as I usually do.
Speaker 11: Andrew, if you're still listening and you really really don't know why killing is wrong, please do not move next door to me.
Speaker 3: Please. That's the one thing I'm asking of you.
Speaker 11: And then I want I didn't really have too much to say about but Georgie, boy, you know, how did the Incans do all that work. You may not know this because you haven't read all the Spanish writings from the time period that were written down and preserved, but we do know how the Incans built everything. And we also know that the Incan leader, the Incan king, as you will, forced all the peasants to pay two weeks of their taxes as labor every year. So every male person in the entire Incan empire had to work for the empire two weeks of every year. I guess that was their vacation, so vacation, and that's how they kept and that's how they kept up the highways, that's how they built those amazing buildings and temples that they built. So, just to give you a better insight to it, so and you were talking about how they built the stone, so they weren't all like in a row like brick star today. The reason they did that and we found out we've done science, man, we've done testing those hold up better on earthquakes. And the Incan Empire was built in a place where there are lots of earthquakes, so that's why they built it that way, making all those weird shapes and sticking them together.
Speaker 3: So just say, and this is all stuff you can just google and.
Speaker 11: Find out honestly if you really wanted to. Yeah, So that's all I got to say.
Speaker 2: Thank you for sharing that, thank you for sharing that with it.
Speaker 5: I just I taught it.
Speaker 11: I taught some people some stuff there and truth wanted, and I figured I might as well just keep teaching.
Speaker 1: Well, I thank you, thank you for the work you do with truth want to because those conversations are very interesting, indeed, and I think it's pretty cool when people can.
Speaker 2: Go down that rabbit hole of information well aliens and all of that.
Speaker 3: So I thank you.
Speaker 11: I mean, that's my bread and butter. But you are amazing at the Bible. I mean, I appreciate what you do, so don't sell yourself. Sure you are, You are totally.
Speaker 3: Amazing to me, so, thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I wish I had your knowledge.
Speaker 1: Well, look, we're envious of each other, all right, So we do have a special announcement about the Back Cruise. Godless, do you want to make your announcement first?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't know how many of y'all out there know this, but Thinker is actually going to be at the Back Cruise this year as a special featured host at the Back Cruise, and we'll be hosting AXP that next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the studio. I'm so excited. And then Godless Engineer will be there too.
Speaker 11: I've already met him. I'm looking forward to meeting you, though, Thinker.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for me. I'm not looking forward to meeting bats.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, you're gonna be. You won't meet it, but you will be amazed.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 11: Here, here's the look I see on everybody's faces the first time they see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope that's all. That's No, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I've never seen bats up close, So I'm excited to see the bats in to meet all of you and the crew, and to do an in studio show. And I'm I understand it's gonna be like two hundred people in attendance in studio where we're filming it, and so that's so exciting. So tickets are on sale. Look for the announcements in the coming weeks as to the other host that will be confirmed and also attending. Thank you all so much for being here today everyone, and we will see y'all next week here on Sundays at four thirty pm Central for the atheist experience.
Speaker 3: Bye bye bye love Yday.
Speaker 2: It's not yon stop missing the bulls.
Speaker 1: Everyone around you buy it, y'all.
Speaker 4: Welcome M.
Speaker 7: David.
Speaker 3: Y'all watch Talk EA Than Live Sundays at one pm Central and call into the show at five one two nine nine two four two, or connect to the show online at a C A dot Show slash call