Speaker 1: Welcome, dear listener, and thanks for joining us. I'm Yant and I'm Steven.
Speaker 2: And this is a podcast all about the weird and wonderful world of the Dark comedy anthology series Inside Number nine.
Speaker 1: On each episode, we'll be diving into another one of Steve Pemberton and Reese Sheresmith's twisted tales, putting it under a lens, and examining it within an inch of its life.
Speaker 2: So make yourself comfortable, grab a cup of tea, and join us for the ninth degree. Hello, Hello, Hello, welcome back. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Thank you. Just back from a nice little holiday, so I'm all yeah, happy to be back at work, said no one ever.
Speaker 1: But you had a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a really good time, thank you. Good. A couple of days in New York, and then a nice little cruise in the Caribbean which was fun.
Speaker 1: Can't be bad.
Speaker 2: No. I was thinking just before this, I was like, how we have to talk about settings for episodes, and I was like, Deck nine of the Titanic would have been good. And then I just heard this voice in my head of Reese go all right, what happens?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's your job as a writer, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, yeah, you're the right here. I'll just do the ideas. Man.
Speaker 1: It's a good idea, though, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I'm sure there's lots of stuff that could have happened on that deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on that night. Yeah, the famous one was the bus one, wasn't it that people kept saying that he was annoyed about. Yeah, because the part of anything I said that would be really tricky to film with, like what's out the windows and the continuity and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be really tricky unless you just drive around incredibly generic estates.
Speaker 1: Yes, or do it all green screen.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, the old style of like the projector screen and stuff and yeah backlip projector or whatever it was. How are you? Yeah, how's a new job?
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, it's the rollercoaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've been there two weeks now, and on my first day in the office, I felt like crying several times, like, oh my god, I made a terrible mistake. But people tell me that's normal actually when you start a new job. Yeah. Yeah, and yeah, two weeks later, I do feel it's I'm starting to settle in and starting to get to grips with things so good good. Yeah, I need to remind myself to let things have time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, unless you're going into a job that's like CEO or something like, people assume that you're not, you're going to have a bit of time where you have to work out what the hell's going on exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's my trouble. I think I just assume that I'm going to be expected to know everything, and maybe I put that pressure on myself. But yeah, anyway, you're.
Speaker 2: Putting pressure on yourself.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, this is not a therapy, although, actually yeah, kind of appropriate.
Speaker 2: I just had Miranda from Devil was proud of being like groundbreaking.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah last week's hair, what will we last week?
Speaker 2: Oh this is one of your fun ones?
Speaker 1: Well yeah it was very funny, wasn't it. So it was. I don't know if you spotted it. Lacuchet been ill for about a week, but hoping to be over it soon. Yeah, just means I'm going to be sorry.
Speaker 2: Bless you. Yes, nice done.
Speaker 1: You'll be pleased to know. I'm feeling better now, not one hundred percent, but getting there.
Speaker 2: Good, good, anyway, we will smuggle another one in this episode somewhere. Yeah. We're back this week with Series five, Episode five, Thinking out Loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The summary from the insannumon ang Wiki. Seven disparate characters share their stories with the camera, their fates inevitably, inextricably and unknowingly set for a head on collision. Quite to the point this week thoughts.
Speaker 1: Well, I just think technically that's not correct because the seventh one doesn't speak to the camera, she's just a voice.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: But yes, yes, so, yeah, interesting this one. I have to say. It's not my favorite episode. I don't hate it, but I'm not crazy about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think i'd agree. Okay, I don't think it's bad, but yeah, I have issues with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The thing that kept coming up in my head was it's a bit g right. Yeah, I don't know if that's really harsh to say.
Speaker 2: But yeah, now I can see that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, when you're like that age and you're you're coming up with like drama stuff and you're just like, oh, that would be so cool, that would be so edgy. Yeah, and it's like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's one we can really avoid the spoiler of.
Speaker 1: But probably not.
Speaker 2: It is like, it's quite a trope, isn't it. Mm hmm. I think I think they do it reasonably well.
Speaker 1: Yes and no.
Speaker 2: Like the performances, I mean, at least.
Speaker 1: Oh, the perform of course, and they've got some fantastic cast in this episode. But when we get to the kind of reveal of the twist, it just feels very infra dumpy to me and very much like I agreed, Now, let's just explain what this was all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Reese goes on about in an interview where he says that apparently it was if it was the producer was telling them that they should be explaining it more, and he was trying to say, like, you know, credit the audience with some intelligence, and they ended up having to include more of an explanation than they wanted to.
Speaker 1: Oh that is really interesting, really annoying to hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, although I'm not sure, having read it, whether it's that he wanted them to be more explanatory than they were or whether he wore and they did.
Speaker 1: It's probably a back and forth, wasn't it, in a bit of give and take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this person was concerned with what he calls the heart of thinking.
Speaker 1: Right, I can imagine what Reese's response to that was, Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, reesays he thinks it's over explained. Our audience are clever. They would have got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah that does make sense.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sorry, Initially the boys wen't in the ending to him less explanatory than it ended up being bound to pressure from executive producers. Yeah. That's a shame because that would have been my main criticism of it. Yeah, but at least it wasn't their fault.
Speaker 1: It just goes to show I bang on my drum about this so much. Like I find it really irritated seeing the kind of the clash between the creative and the corporate and the like, you know, art being produced as a business, and like you have these people who are interested in the money side of things and that, but they don't they don't quite you know, creativity is organic and let the people who are doing the creating do what they want to do because they know what they did, what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like you've got you've got to series five by this point, they cleaning what they're doing. Yeah, trust them, they trust them. Yeah yeah, which is a shame, but.
Speaker 1: They anyway, So we open on this street, yes, called Did you see the sign It's called Avenue Gardens.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I didn't see the sign, which I thought.
Speaker 1: Was the most generic street ever, so dull like road road.
Speaker 2: So we first see Phil walking up to the house, sorry, Bill walking up to the house, played by Phil Davis.
Speaker 1: Yes, Bill played by Phil. Yeah, Phil playing Bill. And also the nign in that sort of stained glass with all the colors.
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel like we probably should just say what the twist is and okay, we can then address it a lot more easily.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if you're listening you know, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure you do. But so the whole point of this episode is that Nadia Maxine Peaks character is suffering from dissociative identity disorder and has several characters in her head. So yeah, I like the stained glass and like the fracturing element, and like that's in a lot of the other shots. And if you notice, like, yeah, Angel's room has like stained glass, and I think there's like a reflection in Aiden's room, like you can see the moon or something, and it's all like cracked and stuff. Yeah, and then there's Galen's obviously his video keeps crackling, which I guess is the one that they're trying to do there, it's nice.
Speaker 1: And then the actual colors in the stained glass, like they represent the different characters, right, So you've got the orange of Galen and the pink of Angel.
Speaker 2: I do like a lot of the little symbolism and stuff in this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it has done quite well for the most part.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of very subtle little things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a very different episode. Yeah, very much like the sort of talking heads.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what they aim for apparently. Yeah, they were wanting to do a Alan Bennett Alan Bennett. That's the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although the difference being that there it's just theatrical device if they just happen to be doing a little monologue, whereas here they actually have a purpose. They're doing it to camera for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where do we start? I guess with the Bill video.
Speaker 1: M hm, so, oh my god, dating video.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's it's it's so painful. It doesn't help that he's not a very nice person.
Speaker 1: No, no, he's not painting himself in a very good line.
Speaker 2: It's really not.
Speaker 1: And I mean it's just a lie, isn't it. That video dating is coming back in like the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's not true. What's something happening in like twenty twenty that I missed?
Speaker 1: I don't know, unless it's like I don't know, I don't know. Is there an app or something that you do that I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not aware of. No, something just used by personal trainers apparently apparently.
Speaker 1: Yes, God, he's a horrible man, isn't he.
Speaker 2: He's awful.
Speaker 1: I mean, Phil Davis is great at playing horrible men.
Speaker 2: Yes, hasn't he. Yeah, it's sort of snarly horrible man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He'd worked with Steve during Whitechapel that I'd mentioned a few weeks ago. Yeah, apparently he'd loved it and asked if he could be in it or they'd love him Macart and Butch where around it was. M hmm. It's nice that he gets the sort of play a character, at least at the start that's kind of not his type in a way, like he's not a good person, but he's not a bad guy. Like he's just got some not very nice opinions, but he's not some sort of snarly, nasty baddie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. And there's a slight slight sympathy for him, like that he's obviously lonely and wants companionship. Yeah, seems he's very fussy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think if you're on one of these websites and you have this age, you can probably be that fussy. No, it's a little pleased at the end. That gets me.
Speaker 1: Oh that is sad, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we shouldn't feel too sorry for him.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't know. But he's not a good person.
Speaker 1: No, But from it from a point of view of your first watch, yeah.
Speaker 2: You feel you know, I do enjoy that he doesn't want Looney's Lefties oor Liverpudlians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just needed something else to start with an l Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know why what we say is just objective here and what we've done around like we've already said what happens because he's lost his wife. There's been lots of trips to a hospital.
Speaker 1: He's presenting it as you know, he's sadly lost his wife, Doreen. But obviously we found out the end that he essentially killed her.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm not spotted until I was reading in an interview with them that his line about enough of male Company was because he'd been in jail. Yes, I had not clocked that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're very good at that. Yeah, there's a lot of that in this episode.
Speaker 2: Lines that on their own don't really mean much. Yes, you can so easily write off as something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say I think, you know how some episodes just hit different on the second watch. This is really one of those. Oh yeah, And like I watched it the other day just casually just to refresh myself of what this was, and I was a bit like h And then I watched it again to actually go in detail and make notes, and on the second watch it was like, actually, yeah, this is actually really quite good in some ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the performances are really good, the script's really good. I just think it loses it in the last sort of five minutes for me. Yeah, which is a shame because that's what it's building towards.
Speaker 1: But exactly, yeah, I just had to call it. I know it's awful. But the way he says about his personal training is like he's Muslim, but we have a laugh about it. Yeah, I mean I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: It's such a so that generation. Yeah, it's just the casualness of the sort of exactly racism or xenophobia or whatever. Yeah, you get of them people. Yeah, I grew up in a lot of village. I know lots of people like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when you think about the country that we live in, and you think, like we tend to live in a bit of a bubble and think that things are all right. You know, every time there's an election, we see that actually they're not.
Speaker 2: I do not know.
Speaker 1: No, it's just crazy.
Speaker 2: It comes so far, but they're still so far to go.
Speaker 1: These people are around us everywhere and we just walk past them probably yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Walking around like regular people sixth sensors. Yeah, and they all can vote exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, that's sad. So do we need to send any more about the bill section at this point?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Who are we going to next?
Speaker 1: Well, so via a little transition of postcards on a pin board, yes, we move on to Nadia.
Speaker 2: Now, at what point in this episode, By the way, I should say this up front, when did you work out what the what the twist was? Because I feel like it's very obvious.
Speaker 1: I can't I honestly can't remember. But there I mean, there are still things that I'm like, what are you supposed to take from it at this point in the episode and stuff, because when it cuts to Nadia, you can see it's very obviously the same house that yes, Bill just walked into. Yeah, so at that point you on your first watch, what are you supposed to think? Are you supposed to think this is a house that happens to do filming for video dating and also therapy?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, yeah, so that was my thing. So I think I worked out quite quickly what was going on because of my anal retentiveness of thinking that, well, it's got to be an inside a nine.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly, it's all going to be in the same location.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's all in the same location. We've seen two locations are clearly very different. Oh, it's all just the same person. I think I've figured out quite quickly. I don't, okay, I mean, I don't think I've read it out that quickly. After we've had about three or four of them, I say, how is this? And you've had you'd had the door in name dropped at least twice, maybe three times. Yes, I was like, oh, well they're all somehow very connected.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how you can explain that this is still in the nine if they're not something weird going on.
Speaker 1: I think at some point in the episode, I think I was. I was starting to think, because you've obviously got the names on the postcards on the wall, yes, and there's this Angel says something about in here, Yes, and if it sounds like maybe this is some sort of home or like some sort of institution, yeah, and they've all got separate rooms, and that maybe they're all patients at this place.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, it could have worked.
Speaker 1: That was kind of what I was thinking. It's like at one point. But then obviously you know the clues about the names and stuff. Yeah, you start to see that there's a there's more of a connection.
Speaker 2: It's quite good that the name how the names aren't immediately obvious as anagrams. Yeah, weirdly you think they would be more obvious than they are. Yes, But they did film all of Aiden, Nadia and Angel videos all in the same house they did, Yeah, and the other two were sets. Well, the church was real, but the other two sets, So I suppose it's sort of all in the nine still thought of.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing, like when it cuts to the church. I think when I watched this the first time, I just kind of forgot that it's it's all supposed to be inside the same location, and I think maybe they're banking on that that you just kind of, I guess, forget that for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or that you've gone, well one of them is, so we'll let you off on the others.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: I guess. I guess the bill video at the start could have been just like something she was watching or whatever. Doesn't I suppose need to be in the nine. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: No, But he's the He's the one that you literally see walk into the number nine. So I guess the one that must be in the number nine.
Speaker 2: I guess, like some of them do use bits that aren't like say Devil of Christmas for example, we're not saying that the police interview happens in a nine for example. Oh that's true, Like you sort of say that the main setting is but other stuff can be going on in other locations, yeah, or something could have been pre recorded or whatever that they're having to watch there.
Speaker 1: But this one being so saigmented into like you know, six or seven chunks of it's clearly sort of six equal parts of one whole. M I think that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't really feel like one is the main story as such.
Speaker 1: No, exactly. Yeah, so I guess you're kind of not sure what you're watching at first, Like, why are we seeing these seemingly unrelated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dinah's is a little bit smaller, but otherwise they're all kind of equal. Mm hm, who do we go to? So Nadia's for next? Sorry? So yeah, telling her a little story.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, I mean I've written down therapy session. Yeah, but actually I guess we don't necessarily twig that until the therapist speaks at the end of that first section.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about her awful friends.
Speaker 1: Yes, the smugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It reminded me of that clip from ab Fab where she's like, I've got some news or whatever it is, you're not going to believe it or whatever. She's fat, she's dead, she's blind thing. Okay, have you not seen it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, okay, look it up. It's very funny. I thought you loved Fab.
Speaker 1: I have not really watched it. I keep meaning to.
Speaker 2: I'm not a particular fan either, but I've seen that clip a lot. But yeah, so she's very happy.
Speaker 1: This one is particularly monologuy Alan Bennetty talking heads and about going around the dinner table and doing the porn names. Yeah, she's very good, isn't she a Maxine Peak?
Speaker 2: She is good. She reminds me a bit of Julie Walters weirdly, just to weird intonations and things. Oh okay, I don't know what it was, but I just got her from that. I think it's the weird mouth movement she has. Oh okay, I like the high open asda thing as if that's like, you know, he of where you'd aimed to and I met she's high open as you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, she's on the second floor. I mean there's some great little bits, like the the O pair whose poor name is Cornie Lingus. Yeah, she gets upset and what she says about oh she's Italian porns like Baker for them everyone's having to go.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: The thing about oh, your poor name is your first pet followed by your mother's maiden name. It's like the things you always see on Facebook and stuff. And it's like anyone who does that is just like giving people their security questions answers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a note to say that. Yeah, it's just one of those things that has been designed by scammers exactly. Yeah, but people for for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I almost said do we do it? And then I was like, no, that's not a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking the same. I was going to say, oh, we should do it, and then like maybe not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the lan is quite good, so I'm not going to say it. Mom is quite good.
Speaker 1: Oh your porn name, I'll tell you after tell me afterwards. Yeah, maybe you might use it one day, I don't.
Speaker 2: They well, maybe maybe you already.
Speaker 1: Have well who knows.
Speaker 2: But yeah, then it takes quite a dark turn all of a sudden. She's quite sad.
Speaker 1: Yes, so Nadia never knew her who her mother was.
Speaker 2: It's one of those horrible things of people just having a joke and then saying something and not realizing how it might affect someone exactly, because you're never going to know that you can't make a joke about whatever. No, suddenly it really hurts someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also at the end of the day, like you can't you know, people would never say anything if they had to constantly, if you had to think of every possible exactly, yeah, alternative, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Just Jaws is a great porn name it works. I mean, yeah, yeah, I'm hoping it was a fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh she said a goldfish.
Speaker 2: Yeah the sheet Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, then we hear the therapist voice. She's very yeah, very stereotypical. Yes, how did it feel talking about your mother? And Nadia's just sort of zone now interesting?
Speaker 2: Yes, what's happening in her head? And that's about her section over I.
Speaker 1: Think, yeah, that's one of my favorite sections. I think is her mono.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is nice, and it's funny, Like it's not a particularly funny episode, so it's nice that you get somebody. It's got some sections, some chuckles in it, yeah, onto Galen, Yes, yeah, I mean where do we start with the interesting characterization? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or the wig costume?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it's a brave move when on your first view you're meant to buy this as a real character. Yeah, and it just looks as if, okay, Steve can't really do American all that. I mean, it's okay, it's not bad.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think it's the accent so much as the dialogue, the choice of the like the slang, and the.
Speaker 2: Such a caricature.
Speaker 1: It's such a caricature. Yeah, it's ridiculous actually, and the fact that he you know, it's like pole lease yeah, and all that, it's literally like.
Speaker 2: Every other every fourth word has gone through some sort of Louisiana translator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and even right at the beginning when he's like the sugar State. Mmmm, it's ridiculous. And the costume, like it looks like a Halloween costume.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the wig. I think this might be the worst wig we've had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a contender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god. And it's supposed to be so serious as.
Speaker 2: Far as you're aware on first view, Yeah, this is meant to be some mass murderer. Yeah, but that's all intentional.
Speaker 1: Well, the ridiculousness the charricature is yeah, I suppose.
Speaker 2: Because ultimately this is Nadia's version of what she thinks an American murder would sound. Well, yeah, the Deep South.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: And she's not that great at it.
Speaker 1: No, but you can't forgive the wig. Yeah, I'm sure she could have imagined a better hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I guess how deep do you think about this is? This is the character she probably doesn't want to think about. Yeah, so she's probably put the least amount of like thought into it. Yeah, so that's why maybe comes across as so weak compared to the others.
Speaker 1: That's true. A real person, you know, they're good when like something's deliberately bad and actually that's genius. It's bad for a reason.
Speaker 2: And also if she plays him up as being a caricature, maybe that makes him less real. Yeah. I don't know how intentionally bad he is, like yeah from her point of view, I mean, and she's got him locked up in chains as well.
Speaker 1: Like she's keeping him locked away. Yeah, but yeah, it is. It is painful to watch our skin and a rarebit I said to Ma, we're got to eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got in my notes is Galing intentionally a caricature? And then by the end I'm like, obviously, yes, that's not a question.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So again we've got Dorien. Is his mum?
Speaker 1: Yes, who's died?
Speaker 2: Who's died?
Speaker 1: Well, he killed her?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that would happen, I suppose.
Speaker 1: Is that also like Nadia blaming herself for the death of her mother. Oh yeah, saying that you know, she's responsible for her death, so I killed her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she was only little, so yeah, she'll have probably blamed herself more than she realistically should have. Yeah, obviously it's never her fault. But you know, if she was I doing at fifteen or something, she might have said something to someone or whatever, Like you could rationalize it that it's your fault. Yeah, But when you're like three or four, like, no, it's never your fault.
Speaker 1: I mean when you're Yeah, when you're that young, the world rolls around you. So everything that happens, you think is because of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, in no matter how she dresses it up, it could never be her fault.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not. But that is what happens, isn't it. Yeah, people's minds. Yeah, this was another one of those what felt like a sort of trying to be edgy monologue. I don't know if you've seen there's a TikTok that I absolutely love at the moment. It's a caricature of that kind of a level or auditioning for drama school sort of edgy monologue, and it's you if you've seen these kind of things, it's so true. The guy's just like I found a lizard at the bottom of our garden once, little green thing with black eyes, and it's it's so accurate.
Speaker 2: If you're saying in that voice, Yeah, what you say, it doesn't matter exactly. Yeah, all sounds like it thinks it's profound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I could just hear like this, this is you know, the story about killing the rabbit and killing the mum and killing dad. Like it's that sort of thing. It's a matter of fact that you're so detached from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you do it without any backing music or anything just to camera, it sounds better than it is.
Speaker 1: I like when he says about I like to get into other folks heads. I think that's the first of a few references.
Speaker 2: So that's a lot of nice little lines like that. Yeah. Another thing is that they intentionally filmed it all on single cameras except for Bill. Yes, which is cool. It must have made filming it very easy.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I think it presents its own challenges, to be honest, because you've got to nail it in that one take, and then true, you don't have the options of, oh, let's put a bit from this one and a bit from that one. You just have to choose the one.
Speaker 2: I meant it more from a logistical point of view, in terms of you have to worry about fashing about with camera tracks and dollies and all this sort of stuff. You don't need to worry about scheduling because they next to never have to be in the same room together. Like Reese's bit and Steve's bit. Could we filmed months apart and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's easy to technical point of view. Yeah, it swings and roundabouts, because like I said, I think it makes the whole thing a lot more difficult in some ways because obviously they're tied to this whatever it is twenty seven minute or whatever it is time slot and they can't tighten anything up in editing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah that's true. Steve said that there's lots of I want more emotion but quicker yeah yeah, yeah, just do it again, but like shave off thirty seconds, yes yeah, yeah, that is tricky.
Speaker 1: This is very much because there's a huge difference between TV acting and like theater acting. Yeah, they are very different skills really, and I think this comes from a much more theatrical place of like, oh yeah, you've got to have those lines back to front and in your head and.
Speaker 2: Just be able to do it over and over and over again, different inflections, different timing, and.
Speaker 1: You know if they say, oh, we're going to cut that paragraph. You've got to just be able to just amend to that immediately. Yeah, in your head, it's not easy.
Speaker 2: I guess they'll have had to do it where the whole speech takes a minute fifty, a minute, forty, a minute thirty, because they won't know that when they come to cut it together how long everything else is going.
Speaker 1: To take exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have to do reshoots and bring people back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think Steve said they filmed his one's last, so he knew how much time he.
Speaker 2: Had left to fill. Yeah. I wonder if there's somewhere they've just sped up the footage as well, by such a small amount that you don't really notice. Yeah, but just to shave off a second or two here and there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fortunately, the dating video you can do little edits and cut that down. And the same with Angel because there are jumps in. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they do give themselves room. But yeah, like you say, tricky on an editing point of view, they.
Speaker 1: Do, you like to give themselves a challenge. And once again, like we said, with cold comfort, where Reese and Steve directed that and it was going to be they thought it was going to be easy because it was just static cameras. Steve directed this episode, Yes, and again thought probably it was going to be easy because of that, but actually not. Yeah, So should we move on to Angel?
Speaker 2: Yes, she's annoying, isn't she.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she's grown on me. She's I think the first time I watched it, I was like, cringe, cringe, cringe. Yeah, but I think I've grown to appreciate, like it's actually a spot one. Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 2: It's always drinking from a bottle thing. I hate it when people are like, I'm just recording this TikTok while I'm having a dinner dinner, and then record it. Yeah, you've not got like not every minute of your days accounted for. I'm sure you could have squeezed this in later, like why are you cooking your rice?
Speaker 1: Like why didn't they do it for the esthetic?
Speaker 2: It's so frustrating for me.
Speaker 1: Yes, but even like the yeah, the jump cuts and the micro edits and stuff, it's so yeah. I mean, I don't know if I don't know if YouTube's like that now, but it was very much you know, in the twenty tens, that was very much the thing I.
Speaker 2: Know if YouTube would be like that now, but TikTok definitely is.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't think. I think this is very YouTube, Like I.
Speaker 2: Mean, TikTok wouldn't exist at the time when this well no.
Speaker 1: No, but I mean I mean, like the what's the thing? She says something about my mother, my mum, my Madre, and it's like all these different versions of it coming in. It's like, I don't know. I didn't used to watch too many vloggers on YouTube back in the day, but the ones I did watch it was that sort of thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's frustrating and like she took three hours off as a charity thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, for fuck's.
Speaker 2: Sake, I take seven. I was off every night when I go to bed. It's a bigger deal.
Speaker 1: That's very funny. And I also love how she's like, I did it for charity. She can't even remember the name of the charity.
Speaker 2: She's like, did I give them any way? I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, she's very vapid. Yeah, and that oh god. So she says the thing about buzzing away like my mother's rabbit, and then she's like, oh, don't tell her and it's so it's so like stage, like she's obviously did that deliberately to have a moment of like reality. But yeah, this again, that's so realistic. Yeah, but she's I think she's very good. She performs it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she's great. Yeah. But the character if she can get in the.
Speaker 1: Bin, so we get a mention of Galen Landry, Yes, more of a connection across so.
Speaker 2: They do exist in the same world. Yeah, I'm a bit unsure about how all of this really works, Like he's all of this, all of the stuff that isn't Nadia saying it's all fully imagined. Is Nadia Lake making YouTube videos?
Speaker 1: I think I think it's all sitting in the chair.
Speaker 2: I think it is, Yeah, because she.
Speaker 1: Does that bit later where she's doing the voices. Yeah, so then I think we're seeing it from the outside perspective. But I think for the most of it, we're seeing it from inside her mind.
Speaker 2: It's all just her imagination. Yeah, yeah, I think that's what I concluded. But yeah, they said they've thrown in the line about Nadia having a daughter purely to explain how she would know about YouTube influences. Oh, to explain like why would she know about this so well as well.
Speaker 1: I have to say that bit when when she says in her own voice, she's like, oh, hashtag amazeballs, it's cringing, it's so cringey.
Speaker 2: That would be another one that I think, like a bit like Galen, how it's so CARICATURI I would say that the Angel one shouldn't be so good a copy of what it's trying to be, maybe because I don't think that Nadia would be that good at it.
Speaker 1: M I don't know, but also like you pick up these things on levels that we don't even understand in our brains, Like I suppose Steve was saying about how people apparently who have a sociative identity disorder can do things in their other personalities that they would never be able to do in their main personality, Like apparently they could if they're right handed, and then one of their personalities is left handed, they could write perfectly where with the left hand, or or they might be able to draw like an amazing picture that they could never do normally.
Speaker 2: Read music or whatever. Speak off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe things are just going in subconsciously, I guess, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a fascinating condition. I don't know how much of it's actually real, Like how many of these things actually happen?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, how much has been fictionalized?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I imagine massively, but I'm sure it happens occasionally.
Speaker 1: Another reference to are given Peace of my Mind. Hmm.
Speaker 2: And Angel's army as well, like if she thinks of herself as an army. There's several of them.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Ye see, I was just thinking of that because Angel's army being her followers.
Speaker 2: Like her fans, but she herself is an army.
Speaker 1: Her name is that as well. Yeah, so yeah, that makes sense. I love the I love the bit about Babe.
Speaker 2: Oh Babe's an old film.
Speaker 1: Now, it's so true, like these these like you know, eighteen nineteen year old influencers who are like, so, I didn't know this, but apparently it's a film from like years ago. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I was in New York, we went and saw Cha Cargo on Broadway and I was in the key for the toilets at one point and I heard two people. It was in the interval, and I heard two people talking about how great the show was. And oh, there's also a film, you know, like you might want to watch it from ages ago and everyone was like.
Speaker 1: Really, oh god, two thousand and something.
Speaker 2: Not even that long ago. Yeah, yeah, I mean no, no, objectively, Baby is quite a old film, and it was when I was a kid. But yes, it doesn't feel that old now, like the amount of times that I'll say that'll do, pick that'll do, and really hope that the person gets what I'm saying. Yeah, otherwise it's a really strange thing to have said.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm just wondering what context you've said that in now anyway, Do we have anything more to say on that section?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. It's just annoying and I'm glad it's over.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, i'd say that is. It is very annoying, but it's also one of my favorite sections. I really enjoy how accurate it is.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, yeah, oh no, I like, I love how accurate it is. But yeah, I just hate that kind of person so much.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, completely completely. See Ben still watches like YouTube bloggers now, he watches them on the TV when I'm trying to do something on my laptop and I've just got some person wittering on in the background about something I don't care about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the fact that how everyone loves them so much and how they get all this free ship for doing nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I suppose we're half the problem with podcasting. So you know, well it's step reproved. Oh I nearly did, nearly an accident.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to write a play about a vlogger because I just think it'd be so fascinating the way that people present themselves online as there how they want their life to be perceived versus what it actually is, because.
Speaker 2: You never see the other side, so curated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it could be really interesting anyway, Aidan aid, Oh my god, let's bring the mood down right.
Speaker 2: Oh, Race is good this week.
Speaker 1: I think he's fantastic. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, where do we start. So Reese is the father of an unborn child that he's we find is recording videos for this child as he doesn't expect to live to see them born. Yeah, which is so sad.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: He's clearly such a nice guy as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's really loving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the father everyone wants to have, you know, they're always on your side and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, imagine being that child and growing up and that's the only thing you've got of your father. Yeah, that would be I don't know how.
Speaker 2: And at what point would the mom show the child that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like because on one hand is it a nice thing, but on the other hand, actually does it make it worse?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Never having known them, Yeah is it easier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've only ever known having one parent, so it doesn't bother you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine actually being that person and that all you have is that on the other side of the screen that you can't get to.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Tragic, really really tragic, especially knowing that they were a good person, Like if you'd never known them, and you can imagine that they were an awful person and that you're better off with out them, and then to find it actually probably would have been better with them.
Speaker 1: M Also, is there a slight parallel there of the daughter is never going to know her father in the same way that Nadia never knew her mother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I assumed it was sort.
Speaker 1: Of mirroring that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mirroring it.
Speaker 1: We get this whole thing about the radio show. Yeah, Dave Lee Travis and Quack Quack Oops.
Speaker 2: Group got in for the quiz at the end.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was just very relatable what he was saying about the sundayishness of something making me feel depressed about the week starting again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we say recording this on a Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yes, in our house. It was the Heartbeat theme tune.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I'll do it. That was a time heartbeat that set in the seventies and had about fifteen Christmases.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Obviously another reference to Doreen as a mother.
Speaker 2: Yep, bigger So she was Aidan's mother. Yeah, so yeah, hammering at home a bit at this point, I think it would have maybe I don't know whether I personally would have put the same name for all of them, because Bill at the beginning says that you know, says Dorian and says it's an old person's name or whatever. I'd have probably had other d names that sound old, like Doris or something that maybe on a second view is obvious, but on a first view isn't maybe quite so obvious.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Yeah, I guess people people pick things up at at different speed, And I think on my first watch, I think when I kept hearing the name Dorian and the connections and stuff I was trying to piece together in my head if they were all connected like some sort of family or you know, if his mother Dorian was also her mother, so maybe their siblings or you know, trying to obviously it doesn't work, but trying to put it together in your head as you go along.
Speaker 2: See if a family tree could exist with all thosemutations.
Speaker 1: Because then she'd also be Galen's mother, a family children.
Speaker 2: She's somehow they've not got the same awful accent. And at what point did she move to Louisiana?
Speaker 1: She gets about So then we have Diana m She's sweet, Yeah, a beautiful voice.
Speaker 2: It's such a pure so sweet and innocent, and it.
Speaker 1: Sort of bleeds into this montage which really gives us strong connection between them all that they're all hearing this yeah. And again when you're watching it for the first time, I think, like, how are they all hearing this?
Speaker 2: Ye? What's going on here?
Speaker 1: What's connecting them? And also it's a really good song choice because you know, it's very America, it's very popular in America, so it kind of fits for Galen. And then the funeral thing. He says that we found someone who's to sing at the funeral, Like that's a very funeral.
Speaker 2: Song and isn't it about slavery.
Speaker 1: Amazing grace.
Speaker 2: Am I mixing them up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it rings the bell. Actually no, I think you're right.
Speaker 2: I think I thought it was, which makes sense that they're all sort of slaves to Nadia in a way, like they're all just yeah parts of her.
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, it's a nice bit. This is a sort of central pause where we just have a moment, we have the song and I don't know if it's exactly halfway through the episode, but it's structurally it's kind of the midpoint because then we sort of we then mirror it and go back through the characters that we've seen. So back to Aidan, he's not looking good, no bless him, hanging on for his daughter, and he's this is where we really get a sense of how protective he is and that he's actually says he would kill for his child, which his role is revealed at the ends as one of the protectors.
Speaker 2: And you can see like in the first in his first video, how he was kind of a bit upbeat and like making jokes and trying to be a bit funny, and but at this point he's just kind of he can't. Yeah, it's wrung him out. By now there's not much of him left. M hm. Then back to Angel mm hmmm. So she's doing a life at this point. Yeah, tick all the boxes.
Speaker 1: I love the bit when she says, I have got to skip to the loo, my darlings. Yeah, I might start saying that in life. It's just such a great little wordplay. I mean, yeah, I'd be very camp if I said that all the time.
Speaker 2: You camp never.
Speaker 1: Also than usual anyway, So she's talking about she's answering questions, and she's talking about her positive attitude, which again is this I think going back through these people is where we really start to see their roles within Nadia's mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they become much more have a purpose each.
Speaker 1: One, Yes, because she literally says about, you know, you have to drown out all the negative shit and just tune into the positive. And that's what her purpose is, yeah.
Speaker 2: Her reason for existing. Yeah, and then she leaves to pop to the loo. Oh my god, Gating pops up in the mirror quite terrifying. Yeah, it's such a it's such a horror film trope though, of whenever a mirror moves, it's always to reveal someone bad. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like he's just been standing there, so like, I mean, I know they're the same person, but like, yeah, could she could she see him like before? Or does she not know it was there?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess it's like she's left the room. Now it's he's taken over.
Speaker 1: Now it's his turn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so presumably he didn't exist until she left the room.
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess. I just mean, like ostensibly when you're watching it and you.
Speaker 2: Don't, yeah, because behind the curtain or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird. But again, this is like things throughout the episode have gradually been bleeding through into other things, and this is the first time somebody physically crosses from one to the other. Yes, so it's a really like whoa, what the fuck.
Speaker 2: Moment, especially for it to be the two most opposite characters, like the most us well maybe not the most in us and I guess that'd be Diana, but the most carefree person. And then this mass murderer.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Did you see as well how the little live thing in the top changes to evil?
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 1: He reverses?
Speaker 3: And brilliant because what is live backwards?
Speaker 2: Hearing what is named backwards?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is where it all kind of comes out for a bit we get the explanation and the review. This is where we were saying, like, it's just it gets a bit sort of Okay, now we're going to explain what this episode was about.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't think I would have pointed out the anagram name thing.
Speaker 1: No, because that's so.
Speaker 2: It's just a nice thing that you would work out yourself. Yes, it's like, oh look what we did. Did you spot it?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: But she practically says that as well.
Speaker 1: She literally says did you notice that? She'll you know your name is an anagram?
Speaker 2: Did you realize, clever viewer, Yes, oh dear, it's called that. Galen and Angel are one pair of the names.
Speaker 1: Yes, like that.
Speaker 2: There's such an opposite I think it would. I imagine you probably could have found a name where all five work.
Speaker 1: You could have had five separate anagrams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I imagine you probably could, but you'd have had one that was something weird and just wouldn't have worked.
Speaker 1: A Yeah, well, to be fair, I thought Galen was pretty weird.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never heard that name before.
Speaker 2: I know him as a famous Greek Was he Greek or was he Roman? Like anatomist person? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't he the one with the like the four humors or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: I think so, Yeah, I think it is a relative like not common, but you know, not uncommon American name.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, they have some weird names in America, don't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think it's that weird in America.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so yeah, this is where we actually get explicitly said that Nadia's father is Bill and that he killed her mother.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and then they go through all the characters and explain their kind of roles in the psychodrama. Yes, Diana is the child who remember but was told you haven't seen anything. Galen's the persecutor who holds all the self hatred and negativity.
Speaker 2: Aiden's the caretaker to look after them and protect them, and Angels there to reinforce the positivity and.
Speaker 1: Try and fight back against Yeah, and then it Nadia sort of points out that the therapist is also part of the system, so she's not actually there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What's her name? She like Narleg or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we never find that out.
Speaker 2: She's an anagram of Angel and Galen because they only get two names.
Speaker 1: Although maybe it's this character is someone that Nadia has created as an external because obviously, you know she she says she's the gatekeeper and she sort of organizes everything. Perhaps it would would be helpful in that role to be sort of slightly outside, which is why we never see her. Yeah, she's sort of above and beyond in a.
Speaker 2: Way, she's management.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I was. I was confused trying to work this out. So Nadia's been talking to a camera, which we think is a therapy session. Was the idea that she's doing it on zoom or something or is she just talking to a camera with the therapist in the room. Oh, in which case, why is she talking to a camera?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, because the therapist says about how she's got to record it all so she can spot what's going on. Yes, which doesn't really make sense when the therapist doesn't exist either. I could understand it if the therapist was like was real and she'd got to record it all so that she could watch it back and see what. Yes, you know how she was changing.
Speaker 1: But I think it's I think when we realized that, I think it's that Nadia the therapist, part of Nadia herself was trying to understand what's going on with her brain right, which is why when it starts to bleed and break down, maybe she is she's starting to understand Yeah, a bit, I don't know. So she's discovered that her father's come out of prison and she found his dating video, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really know how.
Speaker 1: And invited him over on the pretext of a data scenario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll try and ignore how much he'd presumably had to say to him beforehand to get him to come over.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I presumably she's had to be flirty with her own dad, which is weird enough anyway, let alone the fact that he's everything he's done, but presumably one of the other voices has taken over for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although she very quickly just immediately just says, oh, you know my husband and daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, and the fact that Bill doesn't seem to really react to that very much.
Speaker 1: He's just like, oh, whatching, that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like he doesn't react at all to start with.
Speaker 1: Like mind Yeah, but I suppose he wouldn't, would he. Well, he might think this is just a.
Speaker 2: How we roll now have been in prison for the last twenty years, who knows what happens. Yeah, but I do enjoy when you see him walking up the path behind her, Yes, and like it becomes more than just her and a camera, like the outside world exists.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is cool. The timing, yeah, yeah, very good.
Speaker 2: And then she just kills him but as Galen as Galen. Yeah yeah, and it's all in one cut as well. So I'm imagining Maxine Peek just running around the back of the house or something to appear on the other side of the archway.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well you say that he disappears behind the thing, so they could easily have cut that so.
Speaker 2: That I suppose there's no one in frame, is there, So I guess, yeah, they could.
Speaker 1: Have That's probably how they did it, But yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Prefer my idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y're it's funny.
Speaker 2: They're ducking under a window in the background of the shot.
Speaker 1: And it's not I mean, surely it's not supposed to be funny, but the bit when he suddenly runs across the room with the knife, it kind of amuses me. I think it's that. I think it's that it's like, you know that archway and he sort of appears from one side of it and crosses to the other side of it very quickly. It's just quite comical to me. Yeah, and then we have that shot with all the personalities sort of gathered around his body.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Apparently they originally had it so that they all walked in one by one and stood there, right, But that was just clunky, right, so they just yeah, cut it to that just one shot, which is better, I think.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting that also the way they've got them arranged, they kind of all look the same height, which is a nice touch.
Speaker 2: And then they all fade away because I guess in a way their job's done. Like she can maybe move on at this point, or that's the hint that she maybe can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, actually I haven't thought about that.
Speaker 2: At which point, she's like, can the murder a police stay to help me get rid of the body?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah? Because okay, so this house that this has taken place in, that really is Nadia's house where she lives with her husband and daughter.
Speaker 2: I seem so yeah, So yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: What's life like for them with the mother who's going into these different personalities. Why is she not in some sort of institution?
Speaker 2: Well maybe for all we know, like it could be like, I don't know, the husband has left that the dought's been taken into care, she is in a mental institution and like she's just imagining it.
Speaker 1: Or who knows what, like oh maybe, yeah.
Speaker 2: None of this might have happened. She might just be tied to a bed somewhere talking to herself for all we know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then, as I always say, like that, we would have been shown that as well. Maybe yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But the husband could be like talking to psychologists and all sorts for all. Yeah, yeah, he's going through a whole other episode.
Speaker 1: Mm hm. So I mean there's lots to like about it, I think, Yeah, it just it's a bit disappointing and clunky the way it sort of gets over explained at the end, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's just it's just hammers it too far home.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: We already figured it out, even if even if you didn't figure it out at that point, like you didn't need that many explanations for it. No, it's not a particularly original idea anyway. No, No, I think they do them a lot better in other episodes.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wonder if this might have worked better if it had been a longer, Like, I don't know, the longest episode of TV or even a film.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know if you could have sustained it, though I didn't see why not. I mean, I mean sustain it where you don't know what's going one keep the resolution hidden for longer. I don't know. That is the bonus of their twenty nine and a half minutes, that even if the resolution is obvious, you can maybe hide it for twenty for half an hour, but for an hour and a half two hours is much harder. Yeah, so rating rating, mm, I've enjoyed it more discussing it with you, I think it wasn't one that I particularly remembered that fondly. I think I'm thinking of five. Oh, okay, I think how about you?
Speaker 1: Well, I was torn between her three and a four. Okay, again looking at what I've given other things and trying to slot it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I'm a bit generous, I think. No, I think I'm going to go four four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I thought five was a bit. Yeah, I think I'm saying a three, not to say I didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we enjoy all of them exactly. There's a couple that we don't. But barring a couple even the lowest ones are still good exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at film saying a three. I'm looking at other threes, which I gave last gasp in the understudy. I think that feels like a similar level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds good.
Speaker 1: They're not bad, not the worst, just could have been better.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So do you spot the hair this week?
Speaker 1: I did? Well, it was It was kind of blurry, but it was I saw it on Angel's shelves behind her.
Speaker 2: And did you spot the other hair?
Speaker 1: There's another hair?
Speaker 2: There is indeed, Okay, you can sort of see it to the right of Nadia. It's like hidden behind a plant pop. You just see sort of its ears and it's ok. And did you see the other hair?
Speaker 1: Oh no, there's another one? Is there one in every single?
Speaker 2: Not quite? There is another one that you can sort of see in Aiden's second video. It's with all of his pills and stuff. Oh okay, there isn't one in Galen's because I think it's just been impossible obviously for Diana as well. It would be really hard, but it just makes sense for Bills because he's not the same person. So the whole their whole point was that they wanted bits of it to be visible in each of them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's clever.
Speaker 2: And Galen and Angel are sort of the same flips of them, so you can sort of say that it's in Galen's because it's in Angels and he appears in the one with Angel.
Speaker 1: Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 2: And Diana's kind of a bit of a smaller role anyway, so I guess, yeah, yeah, you can get away with it. But yeah, you never see it in in full. You see bits of it in the same way that you see bits of them. Should I quite like cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there we go. I thought, I thought I've done a good thing and spotted it, but and he spotted one out of three.
Speaker 2: I spotted the the one with Nadia, and then later spotted the Angel one, and I was like, oh, I wonder if they're everywhere. I didn't see the Reach one, but from a Google said that was the only one I was missing.
Speaker 1: Well there we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so see if you can spot our hair in this episode as well for yours.
Speaker 1: Indeed, we will let you know where it was next week. Yes, indeed, we're coming towards the end. But it's time to read out another message.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: So this one came in from Memet on YouTube. He says, listening from Turkey, the work you do and your insights are so so valuable for the future of this series and forgetting it the attention it deserves. I'm really glad to be a follower of yours from Turkey. I look forward to enjoying the rest of the episodes.
Speaker 2: Ah, we have international fans, we do apparently. Oh thanks, mamittte.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's really sweet, isn't it that because we always say that, well, you particularly say that the series doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
Speaker 2: I don't think it does. No, I think it gets a lot of recognition, but oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it should have more. Yeah, So to be a small part of trying to boost that, yeah is good.
Speaker 2: Like I feel everyone knows Black Mirror, for example, but the amount of people I tell about this that they've never heard of it before, I feel they should be on a similar level.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 2: So oh that was lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, mamette.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the last episode of the series next week.
Speaker 2: It is. It's one of my favorites as well. Okay, excited for this one.
Speaker 1: Good, good, good, And we'll have a little quiz as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, every series. I started with good intentions of when I in my notes, I write.
Speaker 1: Write the question each week.
Speaker 2: Yes, we ever do it on week one and two at best forget by the end. Okay, but we will be back for episode six, the stakeout next week.
Speaker 1: We will be until then. I think it's time to close the door on number nine.
Speaker 2: But you never leave, do you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the Ninth Degree. If you'd like to get in touch, you can find us on Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok at ninth Degree Pod, or email us at ninth agree Pod at gmail dot com. You can also leave us a rating or a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: M