Speaker 1: Welcome back to Eve's Sports Radio. I mean, what a laugh, what a day, beautiful day. Outside of course it's Wednesday. I do believe it's June fourth, twenty twenty five. But you won't know not to trust me every day most of the time, but not all the time. But yes, it is June the fourth, twenty twenty five. Beautiful morning. I hope everyone's gotten up and gotten to work. I've got a fantastic showing store for you. Of course, this is Eve Sports Radio. I am the brand. The phone number is five zero two five seven one seventy nine hundred. We've got Shannon behind the Glass sports Talk seven ninety KRD. I was in the office yesterday, had to cut a commercial for Court, first time I'd been in in a while. I was looking for you, Shannon. I was looking for you. I got Anthony on another line. Anthony, welcome back to the show. How are you now?
Speaker 2: I'm doing fantastic this morning. How about yourself?
Speaker 1: Well, Anthony, I was at the studio yesterday and I was looking for Shannon, and somebody said he had slipped out the back door. Shannon, Was that true? Now?
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm not hard to find. You know where I'm at I'm sitting in the same studio every day. You know, I'm not hard to find.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I missed you. Gusta and I were both running late, Shannon, we were both running late, so I rushed in, knocked that commercial, and rushed out. This golf outing is driving me crazy. You should know. Do you help Matt with his golf outing at all?
Speaker 3: I don't play, but I'm there. Yeah, we did the show from there, and we set up as a hole, and you know, watch everybody else hit balls into the lake there should.
Speaker 1: Go exactly well, it is what it is. The week before it is like h I don't know. I never did pledge, but I guess it would be like pledge week, the worst week, whatever that means. That's the final week of the golf outing. Twenty eight teams, four players, five per team celebrities. I've got Jack Gibings coming, I got Roger Berkman coming, Scoot to mc cray, coming to Bradford Smith coming. But I got Jack. I think we're gonna tie Jack up. Shannon, you better come and help Jack. You might gain Jack.
Speaker 3: I don't think he needs my help.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so either. But we've got a lot of people coming. We're gonna have a great, great time. But anyway, guys and Anthony, bottom line, the New York Knicks are the New York Knicks. That's all I can say to both of you. For people that are watching from the outside, it's surprising. All I can tell is the New York Knicks will always be the New York Knicks, always and forever. You got to thank you. So, guys, Anthony, I'm gonna throw it to you quickly, what do you think of the firing? Then we're gonna listen to Steven a his explanation and some of the coaches that are up for the job, because the people don't know the New York Knicks fired Tom Thibodeaux as their head coach yesterday, thinking if you listen to all the reasoning, Anthony, that they should have won a championship with this roster, which we'll get into, which is comical in a joke, but it doesn't surprise me. So and then before we go to letting people listen to some of the talking heads from New York because it's going crazy. What did you think when you saw that the New York Knicks had let Tom Thibodeau go after his fifth year, four playoff runs, back to back fifty win seasons. What did you think.
Speaker 2: I wasn't surprised. I really wasn't.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying that any knock to Thibodau because I think Thibodeau knocks checked up all the.
Speaker 2: Boxes that you could ask for any coach, especially in such a short time span. Being as a franchise, everyone.
Speaker 4: Looks at the Knicks as such a successful franchise, like the Celtics and the Lakers Miami Heat, and I hate to say it, the.
Speaker 2: Knicks franchise, in my opinion, is not that great.
Speaker 4: They haven't been good in a very long time. They've underachieved pretty much every season probably since the eighties and nineties. Since two thousand and Dolle, the Knicks haven't achieved anything. This is their first time in the Eastern Conference Final in twenty five years, So you know, I know, I always debate and talk with people all the time. They're like, Oh, the Knicks is a great franchise.
Speaker 2: Not really. They've had good players.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's the greatest great franchise. They're not sitting there with a million different banners in the Raptors.
Speaker 2: Even in the last two decades.
Speaker 4: You can say the Celtics and the Lakers, the Miami Heat have all won championships within the last ten to fifteen to twenty years. Knicks have not Knicks time you made to the Eastern Conference Finals, which is even worse than that. It's not like you get there and you don't win. You know, it's happened to Boston, it's happened to La it's happened to Miami, even a couple of other noble teams that are starting to make their mark in the NBA. But not the Knicks one time in twenty five years, and you.
Speaker 2: Part yourself a great franchise. It's just that the numbers don't add up.
Speaker 4: And for all the things that he did for the Knicks over that season, realistically, for them to think that the Knicks were really gonna win the championship this year is kind of a joke because everyone knew they weren't gonna win. I'm surprised they even made it to the Easton Conference Finals. So with that being said, I just.
Speaker 1: No no one thought Anthony. Everybody thought the Celtics would sweep them. No one thought that they would get through the Celtics. No one and now here we are no.
Speaker 2: I agree, I just even Cleveland.
Speaker 4: Everyone thought either Cleveland or Boston was gonna be one of the favorites.
Speaker 2: I mean obviously, no one that really.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if anyone really expected the Pacers to make it this.
Speaker 1: Far, well, no one did. No one thought it would be the Knicks and the Pacers, either team. But let's just throw it to Shannon. We're gonna listen to stephen A for about a minute and let him explain to you his frustrations and what they think. He's a New York Knick fan. I'm not a Knick fan. Anthey, you're correct. The Knicks have not won a championship since nineteen seventy three. Anthony I was thirteen years old, Heady, I was thirteen years old last time the Knicks won a championship. They're not a great franchise. No they're not. They were a great franchise, but they have not been here. One hundred percent correct on that, one hundred percent correct. So Shannon, let's listen to Steven A and we'll get back. We've got a little Jayleen Brunson will listen to about the firing of Thibodeau, and then I'm going to give you all my comments. Where do you want me to start? You take me through and I answer you questions. Where do you want me to start? There's so many Where do you want me to start?
Speaker 4: No, I guess the best thing is, obviously everyone wants to know who calls Thibodeau to lose his job, because there's got to be something behind the scenes that we don't know about for someone with all those accolades in the last five years to just all of a sudden lose a job and I do get into the NBA. The NBA, it does happen in those senses, but they usually happen when coaches don't achieve expectations, or they're not getting to a certain landmark, or players are having disagreements with the coach. Jalen Brunton had his interview and even said that he thought Thibodau was the guy for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, since you brought that up, let's just play Jalen so that we can finish it and then I'll answer your questions. If you're ready, Shannon, please play the Jalen interview when the reporters asking him does he think that Tom Thibodeau is the man for the job?
Speaker 5: Jalen, you know, in terms of vote, Katcher said, you know, you make the moves to win. There are obviously a lot of big moves this offseason. How confident are you that this group has enough to take that next step?
Speaker 6: And uh the most confidence over confident? Seriously, I don't there's not an ounce of any type of doubt that I'm not confident with this group.
Speaker 7: Jentlem when you talked about the confidence, obviously, I feel like nobody takes more criticism than Tom, and this team obviously has turned around during his tenure. Do you kind of feel that going forward he's the same guy? Lift you guys the rest of the way that next.
Speaker 6: Level this is? Is that a real question right now? He just asked me if I believe that if he's the right guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, thanks guys, come on, okay, Anthony and all our friends listening. You know that was Jalen Brunson speaking to the reporter saying, do you think that's a true question? Well, yes, he lost his job. Jalen, it was a true question, and yes they were going too far. Tom Thibodeaum. So, Anthony, your first question, it's kind of ironic how those things go. Sometimes players know, sometimes they don't. I'm going to be honest with you. I've only been in the NBA. Played for four and a half five years. I coached for Oh Golly seven and a half eight years. I scouted two years with the Utah ja Ass. I've been in the NBA a long time, made a lot of money. But the bottom line is the NBA makes no sense, it never has. But the New York Knicks, Anthony, to answer your first question, who lost his job? Tom Thibodeau did because he did it the right way. Let me answer your question again. You're not gonna hear this from the talking heads who lost and who is the cause of him losing his job? Was Tom Thibodau. Because he did it the right way. That's why you're not going to hear anything negative from Tom Thibodeau. You're not gonna have interview at all speaking poorly about the Knicks or the Knicks players. Tom Thibodau does it the right way, and that's all there is to it. What does that do that Rubs management the wrong way and that Rubs players the wrong way when the coach does it the right way. So Anthony the person. So we all listen to all the espns, you're not going to hear. The person that lost Tom Thibodau's job was Tom Thibodaux. But because he didn't lose his job, he did it the right way, management and the players couldn't handle it. Don't forget that. That's all first and foremost before we get into all the things. James Dolan. I'll get into James Dolan after the break. Leon Rose and known Leon. He's represented a lot of people. He used to represent Tom Thibodeau. Let me just give it to y'all straight. It's a business. I know he used to represent Tom Thibodeaux. He's represented Jalen Brunson before, guys, he represented his dad. I met well. I already knew Rick from when he was a player I was coaching. I know Rick really well from Temple. His dad is a great person. His dad would have nothing to do with the firing. His dad worked with Tom Thibodeau before Jalen ever played for them. So let's just get that part straight. Really really good person. But I met Rose for the first time with Rick Brunson, the father and Philadelphia the first time I've ever met mister Rose. So again when we're sitting here, going how could this happen? How cowardly this is that you heard Stephen a what a coward the Knicks work. The only person that lost his job for himself was Tom Thibodeau. And he'll do it again because Tom Thibodeau is going to do it the right way. So we're at seven nineteen when we come back. There are a lot of things to talk about an answer with this madness called the NBA. But I guarantee you when Tom Thibodeaux wants another job, he will have it. Don't worry about Tom Tibodeau. He just signed a three year extension last year for great money. He'll have another job when he wants, and Tom Timbodau will do it the right way. He was assistant coach for John Lucas. Tibodau and I used to just talk about one day, will we ever get our break, will ever be a head coach? We ever get an opportunity to sit in that seat all the time like a brother to me. I mean, just it is what it is. Everybody in the assistant coaches in the NBA. Everybody's striving to get to the thirty jobs, Anthony. Everybody I wasn't able to get there. He was. I was able to get to my perfect job. The job God wanted from me was North Carolina, and t loved that place. Gave me an opportunity to sit in that seat and make decisions. And guys, I want you to know, only difference between the college job and the pro jobs, the high major jobs and the low major jobs, is the amount of money on the end of your contract. But the decisions are the same. It's seven twenty. It's e Sports Radio. Shinnon take us away when we come back. If the system works for us perfectly, when we come back, we're gonna get it more of this New York Knicks and some of the characters that consider themselves that have titles that work for them, talk to you all in a minute. Welcome back to the sports Radio seven three guys, girls, get up out of the bed. It's a beautiful day. Let the sun hitch in the face, Get on your knee, and let God know that you appreciate today could be your last. Just being honest with you, make it the best one that you can make it again. We've got people that we want to send our prayers up for. Of course, Kyby Harrison want you to pray for a man Cobby, for him to get well, for God to touch him. But when you've got the ability to do the things you love, even if you've got the ability to do the things you don't love, enjoy it and appreciate it because it's better than a lot of people. So welcome back to Esports Radio, Anthony. We're talking about the madness. The world is talking about the New York Knicks, and they're talking about them in a form of madness, which is the New York Knicks guys. I mean it's been nineteen seventy three, Anthony, the last time they were relevant, Coach Beard Anthony played for the Knicks. I just let you know how long it's been for the Knicks, guys. They have been this reason way for a reason, Anthony. That's all that I can say. So, first and foremost, Tom Thibodeau is the person that got Tom Thibodeau fired for all the right reasons because he did it the right way. And the reporter that asked, when he asked, Jalen Brunson, do you think he's the one, Jalen said, are you really asking that question? Yes, Jalen, because you played for the Knicks and they know who the Knicks are. So I hate to tell you, the reporter was spot on. So Anthy, what do you think going from there? What's the next What do you think is the next question? People would't want to know about the Knicks? I know, honestly, I know everything. I know the bowels of Madison Square. I can take you to every nook and cranny. I mean, I know I've been in that place, front to back, back to front with Coach Beard. I can walk through it in my sleep in the night at dark. Even when they redid the locker room for Alan Houston's team, when pat Riley was there, they redid the locker room for the first time in forever. Anthony, I mean, I know all about the garden. So what do you need to know about those Knicks? What do you think people want to know?
Speaker 4: Huh? I just think people want to know that. I mean, obviously when we heard Steve man interview, and obviously a couple of other things that we spoke about, is you know they thought the Knicks was a championship contender team, and we I just want to go to a short breakdown of some of the players. They're noble players that played, even the ones that started. Any person that knows basketball knows this is not a championship team. It's it's really not.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: You know you got o Gna Nuby. Obviously he's won a championship with the Raptors. I is he a good player, Yes, he's a good piece for your second and third option, which he was.
Speaker 1: Yes, quality players sometimes yes, yes, but he's a quality piece. Has a lot of work to do to when it comes to Town to winning a championship. I agree, somebody has to push him to the level to win a championship. But he's talented. Oh hees bad files, yes, and all those things are in growth. When you're trying to play to win, Anthony, you won't do those things. Just like Charles Barkley asking directly, you gotta stop doing them stupid files, and he answered Charles with you're correct. If that is correct without a doubt. That's all in the winning process. But o g has won a championship. He's a quality starter. Towns is not. But he can into Western Conference finals now. Eastern Conference finals. He's not far away, Anthony. He has to be talked. That's why I hate that they let Tipis go. But he's got to be taught. But he is a quality piece.
Speaker 4: Keep going, No, of course, you go through it. You know you got Josh hart as well. Josh hart Is. He's a quality player, but he is. He has a weird role.
Speaker 2: He's only six to four.
Speaker 4: Two hundred and fifteen pounds, but he practically plays the four.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's not a starter.
Speaker 1: He's not a starter on the championship team. He can't be the sixth man. He can be the eighth man, not the sixth man. If Josh Hartson your top six, you're not winning one. Keep going, period, point blank. At Andy, there's nothing else to say. He is an NBA player. He's gonna make a lot of money. He's better than Jerry Eves. I want people to understand, but you're doing about winning an NBA championship. He cannot be his in your top seven? Next player? Why are you leaving out the one and only? Why did you not talk about your boy Brunton. You went from Towns. You went from o G the third best player to Towns. Who is the second best player, but you didn't say anthing about Davion Brunson. Why why, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: We all know you're to Jalen Brunton. But you know what we know, Jalen Brunston is technically their number one scoring option. But the only reason why I didn't bring him up.
Speaker 2: First is because of that payroll.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: Definitely reason why.
Speaker 1: Okay, your way, We'll say keep going.
Speaker 4: Obviously, we all know that Jalen Brusklyn took a pay cut two halfs on these players there to give Nicks even a slight chance, and I think that's one of the biggest reasons why he's more upset than anybody else. If you look on the payroll sallary wise per year, Karl Anthony town is at forty nine point two million dollars, then you want to go up Josh Hart at eighteen million, Michael Bridge is at twenty three point three, and Ogn Newby's at thirty six point six. Josh Hart, Jalen Brunston is at twenty four point nine. It's like the fourth or fifth highest got paid guy on the team to technically be their number one option guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's a great person. His dad is a great person. I want people to understand that the little kid is tough. I like him, Anthony, but you're not winning a championship with him. You're leading store score. Never. They were lucky, guys. Let's be honest. They were lucky to be Boston. Boston's up twenty the first two games, guys, Boston was up double digits and for the games and lost them. It's not gonna happen. For the games they were up double digits. Two of the games are up twenty, guys. It was just everything felt right for the Knicks. I love Jalen Brunson. Guys. Everything about him is quality. I'm telling you, but if you're talking about winning a world championship, it's not gonna happen. That's all there is too. So let me give you people a little experience with this Anthony. In Charlotte, we were really good. Paul Silas was a very quality coach, and we had Derek Coleman. Everyone remembers Derek. The first really high paid NBA player was Derek Coleman. We coached him with the New Jersey Nets. Paul and I as assistance to Butch Beard. Paul again, we coached him again. Charlotte Hornet's Paul was the head coach. I was his assistant, and we knew for us to go far, Derrick Coleman had to be our seventh or eighth man. He could not be in our top six. So what did Bob Ass and Paul Silas do. We shipped Anthony Mason and Eddie Jones. Eddie Jones was a great person, guys, people from Temple telling you, guys, quality people. Cheney did a super job with those kids. I'm telling you quality. Ann You were just too young to know him, but I guarantee you, Aunt, you'd have loved him, and he'd have loved you. Just good people. We shipped them away and we brought in mash Burn and PJ. Brown. Everyone knows Mashburn from Kentucky. Anthony, you talk about meticulous, you talk about the ultimate professional. That's mash Burn. Without a doubt. He had his own stretch coach, Anthony, before there were stretch coaches. He was at the gym. Practice started at eighty eleven. He was there with me. If he didn't beat me there, it was a race. We used to laugh. He was always the first guy in the building with this stretch coach, stretching two hours before practice, always stayed after practice, always on the treadmill and knocking around. He's the one who got me eating bagels, Anthony. I wasn't a bagel eater until I started Bess with mash Period raising bagels. We loved them. But we went and got a quality, a person that could be your leading scorer, that could take your team a long way. That was a Mashburn got me done it in college. We knew when we brought him didn't mind playing with a bunch of runs and said let's go get it. And that's who he was, Anthony. So I want people to understand. We go to the Eastern Conference semi finals. We're up three to two against Milwaukee, one of the best scoring teams ever. Simple George Carl was the and Mashburn was our leader. We end up losing in seven games. But he was a person that could do that same thing with little Jalen. He's not Derek Coleman, He's not the cancer of Derek, but he cannot be a leading scorer. The Knicks are gonna have to find a person. It could be car Anthony Towns Anthony, if taught, if they allow coach to force him to get in shape, transition every time, post up, mid range, then three pointer, not three pointer mid range, post up. There are things that he has to be taught that he can do, Anthony. But they've got to go get a Mashburn, period, point blank. It is not Jalen Brunson. If they try to build around Jalen Brunson the New York Knicks, they won't never. I'll tell you now, I don't think they get back in these stern Conference finals. I just don't if he has to be a leading scorer. So that's all there is to it. They're gonna have to make a very very tough decision with that quality young man. Though. Gave up tons of money so that they could go get other players. But you're not gonna go far with a six to two deliberate post up point guard. That's all there is to it. They should have never beat the Celtics, and the Celtics need to just shoot themselves because Anthony, if they played the proper way, they'd be in the World Championship again this year, and it should be. The most talented teams are the Celtics and Okase. But the Celtics again did not play the right way, Anthony. They did not. So it's already seven thirty four. Let's get to break. Everyone knows we're talking about this New York Knicks situation. It's crazy as it can be. We do have oh, University of Louis will be playing, Anthony. We're gonna talk a little bit about the baseball program, what's going on with that. Hopefully the rain will hold off for their games and my golf outing. It's These Sports Radio seven thirty four. If you've got to be at work, it's time to get moving. We'll talk to you all after the break. Welcome back to Eve Sports Radio seven thirty eight. I hope you've had a fantastic warning, gotten your coffee and gotten in your car. But let's get back to it. Anthony. The New York Knicks have fired Tom Thibodeaux. Tom Timbodau, Guys, I want you to understand he has won fifty seven percent of his games. He's the only coaching NBA history to win fifty seven percent of his games and never been in an NBA final. The reason why he's never had a team that had the talent to go there not because of his coaching ability. It's lack of talent. The Knicks have some talent, but guys, they were never ever they would have got swept by OKC periods swept would have been embarrassing. Had no chance. The Celtics should have swept them. The Celtics should have beaten them all four games. They're up double digits and lost the series up two games by twenty. Just to let you know, the Knicks were fortunate. But bottom line, the only person that calls him to lose his job was Tom Thibodau. And I guarantee you he's eating his toast and drinking his coffee with a smile on his face today because he did it the right way to answer your question that before I throw it back to you the next The New York Knicks, The Great Knicks sixty eight sixty nine, fifty four wins, sixty nine to seventy sixty wins, seventy seventy one, fifty two wins, seventy two to seventy three, Championship year fifty seven wins, nineteen eighty eighty one. Hubie Brown Years fifty wins nineteen eighty eight nineteen eighty nine, fifty two wins. Guys as you see, it started to get sparse. This is the first time they've had back to back fifty win seasons in twenty five years, and they fired their coach. So I'm throwing it to you, what do you think is next that people need to know about this, this dysfunction of New York Knicks.
Speaker 4: They're gonna get in a bad sitle. They were already in the backcycle, I said, getting a bad cycle.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get back.
Speaker 4: And when they were kind of getting into a flow of kind of getting that Knicks fan based really back in tune with the team, a real connection with the city because they were starting.
Speaker 2: To win games.
Speaker 4: They're starting to see I know, a slight race on their chart of you know, their.
Speaker 2: The competitive levels, competitive level.
Speaker 4: The skills they were getting in and obviously championship contentions. When you go out and you fire coach, I think it's it's a mental restart for everyone. It's just you know, it's not it's not in the same case.
Speaker 2: You know, we've seen it so much from superstar players getting coaches fired.
Speaker 4: You know, I hate to say, if.
Speaker 2: You're gonna knock on me, Lebron's done over about every coach.
Speaker 4: He's never coach with They'll win championship with a coach and they get fired the next year. That never made sense to me. But that's the only time we've seen a coach be very successful and get fired out of a player's quota. This one doesn't make sense because the players wanted him around. I think it's I think it's placed out how he coached, even even during the playoffs. His adjustments that he was making, I think that they were efficient. I think they were timely, and I think that.
Speaker 2: They were correct.
Speaker 4: Now, I just don't think he just had the talent to be able to suffice all the decisions he made. And that's not coach's fault. You know, the players can't go out there and hit shots if they can't start. They can't stop Nie Smith from hitting forty points in their face on all three pointers.
Speaker 2: You can't blame the coach for that.
Speaker 4: That's all the players. Then you got to go and when you're talking to gms and you're talking to owners, you gotta go out there and tell them to defend better. In most cases, and even in this case like that, no coach will go out there in the last seven minutes of a game like we have to double Nie Smith to where he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Get the ball.
Speaker 4: Neie Smith, that was the best game we're ever having his entire career at some point as a man, as Michael Bridges, Josh Hart Brunson.
Speaker 2: You gotta go out there and you gotta get a stop.
Speaker 4: That's all I can tell you. He's not Reggie Miller. He's not Tracy McGrady. He's not Carmel Anthony.
Speaker 2: He's not Lebron James scoring twenty points straight in a quarter. He's not that guy.
Speaker 4: You gotta go out there and get him stop making, make him pass the ball, make a mission shot and get the rebound, and go down there and finish the game off.
Speaker 2: That's on players.
Speaker 1: No. I agree the game that they lost, they gave that away, Anthony and correct. But here's the problem, Anthony. People don't want to talk about Leon Rose and oh how could we talk about William Wesley. People are like, who's that? That's world Wide West Rose and Wesley an agent and a connector. I'm being polite. Bottom line, guys, Worldwide West just knew how to hang around the right people. Period. He's done a great job for himself being honest with you. So I'm not mad at him because he played the system correctly at all. But he's always known how to use people, period, point blank. So let's move on from there. Here's the problem when Jalen Rose and William Wesley start making decisions. Who is Leon Rose President? Who's William Wesley? I'm not even calling worldwide anymore? Vice president, Senior basketball advisor. Got me start to talk to James Dolan, who everyone knows about James Dolan. I don't have to say anything. That's just a cast of characters, that's all. And the Knicks have had a cast of characters for quite a long time now. That's all there is to it. But if you think this roster, anyone thinks this roster was supposed to win the championship, they have rocks in their head. I don't care about you should develop players. They didn't hire Tom Thibodeau to develop anybody. Again, I hate when management speaks out of both sides of its mouth. Jim Paxson did the same thing at Cleveland with John Lucas Anthony when you were a little bitty kid going to the games, and we both got fired. Don't play Zagoskis win games. It's like with the youngest see our pro team the Key Cleveland Cavaliers. Anthony was younger than every team in this state this year playing college basketball, Chris Mim, Jermaine Jones, Ricky Javis, DJ Wagner. I mean, why not DJ, but his dad Anthony. We had a younger roster than any of the college teams had this year in the state, including Bellopman, and they wanted to just win games. That's when management speaks out of both sides of its mouth. It wanted Lebron James, so it wanted to say we're trying to win to its fans and make sure that they lost. That's all. So this roster, when you look at Brunson quality young man. I love him. He can't be a leading scorer. They better go get a Mashburn car Anthony Towns Anthony. He could be the leading scorer if somebody forced that boy first thing to get in shape and play box the big box. That means low post, mid range, which he has and he can't shoot the three. If they turned it around from low block to mid range through to monde el bowl, let him just say and make some excellent passing. He's a tremendous passer for a mid range fifteen footer two to three. He could be a leading scorer. If not, they're gonna have to go get a guy that can score the ball without dominating it. Like the Knicks played better when Jalen was on the bench in the playoffs, and the announcer said it publicly, it's just a fact. Jalen has to be so deliberate to get you in position to score the ball on you. Period. It's not inducive for a championship team. But Michel Bridges, guys, he came from New Jersey, Jersey's wasn't nothing. Ever. Josh hart Heart playing, you gotta love him better than Jerry's. I was the same way, Anthony. I was gonna give you all I had. But then when you start talking about looking at the bench, Mitchell Robinson, get out of here. When you start looking at Cameron Payne, stop when you're talking about PJ. Tucker, he's older than I am. You got me, Anthony, when you're talking about right, yeah, right, Anthony, their bench is garbage. There is no developing in those three people. James Dolan, Leon Rose and William Wesley are kidding themselves if they think this roster wins anything next year. They're kidding themselves. It's a joke, period, point blank, absolute, positively a joke. Tom Thibodau put that team and took that team, made it a workhorse team. You know, everybody says Kenny Smith got Thibodau fired when he said that Tom Thibodau wouldn't play nine players in a baseball game. Got me anthony that he wouldn't go nine deep. Let me just tell you something Denny Crumb told Jerry Eves in two thousand and two. Pick eight players, you'll be a better team at the end. Pick eight. Make a decision. Tom Thibodau is just doing what great coaches have taught a lot of other people. Make a decision. You'll be better in the long run. So again, I love Kenny Smith, He's been on my show. He's a great person. But again, Tom Thibodeau did the right thing seven forty seven and he we're gonna leave the Knicks alone. Cast the characters. His name is James Dolan rich Man. I told you that rich Man. Dad was a rich man. I'm gonna let you all put an adjective after his name. I'm not going to do that. Then we've got mister Rose, very good agent. I don't know how good of a manager you want to say that he is, but he's a very good agent as the president. Then William Wesley, I connect what did they say? He's so good with connecting the dots. They're gonna get all the star players that come to New York and play for them because of William Wesley. Well, I hate to tell you, all the NBA teams have money and pay and William Wesley does not have an advantage from anybody else. That's why this roster looks the way it looks. So again, that's a joke. It's Eastworts Radio sev forty eight. We'll be back in a minute. Welcome back to Eastports Radio seven fifty one. How quickly this thing passes? And then he here's the deal. Before we slide, you know, I've been letting you slide, and before we have you hit everybody with the base ball. You haven't said anything about Zion Williamson. Allegations of rape your duke, boy, you're a dukie. You are a dukie. What's going on, Anthony, Well, nothing's proven, but allegedly.
Speaker 4: All we've seen both sides of it coming out lately. Obviously the allegations aren't aren't easy to hear, not even as a Duke fan, just just in general, just for anyone. It's just like, like, why are you yourself in the situation being something mixed up like this? Or you know you could you get in your career, you could you could in even out even more than.
Speaker 2: The career you shoot you could.
Speaker 4: You change your whole life in a matter of a couple of days, even in an instance. And I'm just work out for the best.
Speaker 1: If you put your hand on a female shoot you, my dad would kill me. You know that you grew up in my house. You know that it never ever transpired every and more, guys and games. I fought in at the jump circle when everybody says, oh he's a thug. Guys, I fought in the jump circle at the fair Grounds against Wes Matthews. Anthony we fault. I'm not a thug, but in that game, at that time, Anthony, I'd have fault you. It is what it is. But when you leave that coliseum and those four lines, you better know how to act. Now all this is allegedly only thing Coach Crumb, I'll tell you guys. He was the best. He told me, play eight. Make a decision, Jerry. Yes, players are going to be upset, but you'll be a better team at the end. He says. Don't have a ton of rules either, He says, Jerry, a ton of rules just puts you in a hole, that's all. He says. People have great parents, they know what's right and wrong. Don't come out with a huge rule book. But he says one thing that coach crumb Ever, he says, but females and males, you're supposed to make sure you take care of them. The only rule I'm gonna bring on, Nick Simpson, Thomas Coleman, I'm gonna bring on my players from Anti. They'll tell you and I can handle drugs, drinking, speeding, males, fighting males, all those things. All those things I can handle, no problem. We would make a decision on how I was going to punish you. What they'd have to do, running extra work, do some things for their teammates. We did a lot of things, do some things for professors. We did a lot of things when we were trying to have creative ways to punish our players. But I would never put them off Anthony. But they touched the female. They didn't even touch go. They knew it was history. That was the only rule I had. So I hate to hear these kind of things, Anthony, because like I told you, I fought in the fairgrounds where you had your graduation at Ballad Anthony, with my mom and dad in the stands. I fought, Anthony. My dad wasn't mad at me, dang it. At that time, Antony, I had to fault you. It is what it is. It's competitive, and people when we're playing are very competitive. But when you leave, Frankie's used to say you better have discipline and self respect for you. And if a male puts his hands on a female, if all this is allegedly, I'm not saying Ion did it, but I'm just telling you how I was taught. It is what it is. He would have put his hands on me. So, guys, I hate to hear it. We're gonna have to wait and see these things play out. I hate to see these athletes going through this. They do have seminars. I know people get emotional, but the bottom line is you can't touch females, period, point blank, and no is no. That's all I can say. And I wish the men would say no to the women more and the Edwards at man say no to some of them women just say no. Hope, it doesn't hurt your feelings, like my dad used to tell me. Sure doesn't hurt mind, just say no. So anyway, and I had to hit you with that. What's going on with the baseball before we get out of here? When's we will play super Regionals?
Speaker 2: Anthony?
Speaker 1: Congratulations?
Speaker 4: Everybody everybody plays Friday. They play Friday, but Louisville does. They have they have an ACC matchup, so they play in Miami.
Speaker 2: So they play.
Speaker 4: Friday at three pm. Toy play on ESP and two and ESPN Plus for the baseball championship, the Louisville Super Regional. Honestly, if I could slide out work a little bit early, I'd go of that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna try to slide out, Anthony. Even though I'm trying to get this golf outing together. I've got people coming in on Thursday to be a part of the Simmons Collgee Golf outing from all over the country, So I'm a little busy, But I do want to stick my head in and see a few innings. I really do Jim Patterson Stadium will be on fire, and congratulations to the team. The guys work hard. They live at Wagner's Restaurant. And I talked to Lee Wagner. I told you, I put the app out on his miss today, Anthony, and of course here's the league. He leaves me a message. You're it. I said, I'm not it, But he'll be in our golf outing like always. But they eat at Wagner's restaurant every morning. So if you want to meet some of the Louisville baseball players, just go to Wagner's Restaurants. Guy. It's one of my best friends and sponsors. So Anny, we got some great games going on Tomorrow night. We get the game and Anthony, your uncle, your uncle, Carrie, my brother. You a kay? He says, do you think can the Pacers keep it within nine? I guess that's the spread, I said, Carrie, I have no idea. I don't gamble on games. Well you know what Carrie said. He says, I'm gonna bet on the halftime score one way and the game scored the other way. I said, well, you should just keep your money. You shouldn't bet it all. You shouldn't bet it all Sandy. Tomorrow, you're gonna let me know about the spread and what Vegas says about this OKC Indiana Pacers series. So Shannon, great job, Anthony, great job. God will and I'll be back tomorrow, see all later, love you, Bye bye,