Speaker 1: Uh, here we go, Here we go. It's another edition of First eleven Dave Johnsonlorn with the Hall of Famer Bruce Moray, of course East United and the New York Red Bulls. That's coming up on seventy. We'll have the coverage for you on iHeart Sports DC, iHeartRadio app at seven point fifteen and you can sync with Apple TV and DC and oh indeed some momentum. After Wednesday, the US opened up against Charlotte FC le al Abata putting the ball on the spot.
Speaker 2: Jordan Farr has made three saints in this penalty shootout.
Speaker 1: Whistle sounds, a bottom approaches and it's inside.
Speaker 3: Jordan far four saves and its top of the quarterfinals for d United.
Speaker 1: Jordan isn't mollifies teammates. My owastre after Jordan third turned the saluted the Chico stand.
Speaker 2: Hey they did William to up Penny can shootout victory? How about this DC not a team down but never out and now they're not out of the US Open Cup the corner finals.
Speaker 1: Await, yeah, Bruce Bray, let's bring you in. Have you ever seen anything like that? Jordan Farr coming through a substitute and the way he made those saves.
Speaker 3: I have never ever seen that, and I've been in this game a long long time. To make four saves in such an important game. I mean, you know again, I said it on the air, Troy Saint the substitution of the Year.
Speaker 1: And then of course you talked about in the broadcast a different Jackson Hopkins you were seeing, Dave.
Speaker 3: I saw a mature, stronger, confident player who was driving through the midfield. He was breaking the lines with the dribble, not just looking to get rid of the ball and be safe. And you know, Jackson Hopkins looked like an All Star. I mean for the time he was on the field. And i know it's a short sample size, but I'm excited about that opportunity.
Speaker 2: Hopkins turns, weaves, darks, drives, sprays it the Stroud Stroud across ricochettes. Now Hopkins, I did that. Here it is.
Speaker 3: There is Jackson Hutts.
Speaker 2: He's done.
Speaker 1: Forty seven appearances, pre decent.
Speaker 2: Hunted, broking so hard.
Speaker 3: Finally, ju Hopkins all is broken through and one a.
Speaker 1: Time to break through.
Speaker 3: David Johnson, you have been waiting to call that goal and have a garrison.
Speaker 1: Tubbs once loaned out to loud United making the big difference held.
Speaker 2: Up whine, It goes to Leal. Leal's cross takes a bounds the shot, Garrison Domes carries it. Toms, Oh my carries it, Toms.
Speaker 3: What a time yours?
Speaker 1: Theorld of sixty us over the come devialize.
Speaker 4: What a goal? Dave.
Speaker 3: If there, if there is, if there is a player that deserves this more than Garrison Tubbs, it's there, you tell me. Because Garrison Tubbs has played every position he has been asked. He has come off the bench, he has started, he has marked the best players. He put in an unbelievable shift last week. Last week, and on Wednesday night, Garrison Tubbs, like I said, down the air, you know, his agent needs to get United, you know, get the petal. Let's get this thing sorted full time.
Speaker 1: And you know Dominic Boji joined us at halftime and he said, well we have not seen the best of David schneg No.
Speaker 3: I completely disagree with Tochi because he's unbelievable. I mean, I haven't seen a player go up and down the line like that. I mean he is. There's a gentleal named Andy Robertson who's a left back for Liverpool. He's the only guy. There was a guy named Marcello for Real Madrid. On the other side, you have Aaron Herrera who's always going forward, and David schneg now is looking for long balls. I mean the other night he must have hit four or five, maybe even six balls right to Herrera sixty yards away, I mean David schneg uh and and the goal, Holy smokes, what a goal that was.
Speaker 2: Now right of the circle tubs, Tomas sprays of wind to Herrera. Maybe something on here. Herrera right in the area gets across up bouncing by Kjeevas s Oh David Schneck one times the left foot.
Speaker 3: Absolute hammered.
Speaker 1: And also notice we look ahead to this weekend. You know, Christian Fletcher made a real difference. And this is what we talk about all the time in the broadcast for all the tact that you need players that can go at defenders one v one.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing again a guy that came in from not even forced it, took advantage of his time over in England and learn how to be a winger. There's there's great wingers in the English game still and and that's one of the only leagues where there is true wingers. Okay, So you know.
Speaker 4: He's he's come back and he's running at people and and he reminds me, he reminds me his performance the other day of Quinn Sullivan and Jack McGlenn both called into US Soccer camp because Pochaccino needs wingers.
Speaker 3: He needs wingers in his system. And and I know it sounds crazy, but he's looking for wingers. So if he can get in himself in the roster, he get himself in shape, get himself a couple of goals and run at people, he may catch the eye of US Soccer. It's it's not about like the name, it's about what they need.
Speaker 1: All right, son' your mind against the Red Bulls coming up on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not so worried about Red Bulls, one of the best team in the league at turning you over and taking off like you know, five fighter jets. The difference is we figured everything out after that San Jose, you know six' one shillacking that we. Took we we it was a tough game and but we we learned from a lot in that, Game So i'm not worried about. That there was a couple of giveaways at the back you, know you could also blame it on the, rain whatever it, was but we can't afford that because in this, league you, KNOW i truly believe it's about fifty. Percent if you if you just you, know give the ball away for, fun it's going to end up in your goal fifty percent of the.
Speaker 1: Time all right With Bruce, Boy I'm Dave. Johnson thanks for your time On first eleven. Again do you see it out Of New York Red bulls seven Fifteen Hard SPORTS. Dc iHeartRadio app and you can sync With APPLE tv and keep tuning in and listening for another edition Of first eleven wherever you get your. Podcasts