Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up the first pitch. It's Tam kays Hi everybody.
Speaker 2: And welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck live from Dodgers Stadium as your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers locked and loaded and ready to defend their title. A lot of familiar faces back in twenty twenty five, some new additions to an already stacked roster, and after taking two against the Cubs in Tokyo, the Dodgers are back at it with their twenty twenty five home opener as they take on the Detroit Tigers. Blake Snell on the mount, making his Dodger debut. First pitch is coming up at four to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you are gonna hear from Blake Snell. We'll check in with the Dodger manager, Dave Robbers. We'll dive deeper into this fantastic opening day pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: David Vase will join us. We'll have your Dodgers Magical.
Speaker 2: Moment, your prize picks, double play of the Day. Shorty Kirsten Watson will check in and at just a couple of minute, we'll send it out to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday in the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth. Well, the Dodgers took over the baseball world, literally, going to Japan for a two game series to take on the Chicago Cubs in Tokyo last week. The Dodgers won the first game four to one, and then it was time for the Dodger debut of Japanese phenom rookie Sasaki. He started off the game really good the first sitting. The Dodgers offense game some early run support. Then in the second Will Smith scored on a pass ball Keiky Hernandez a sack fly and the Dodgers were up two to nothing. Then in the third, the Dodgers added to that lead thanks to Tommy.
Speaker 4: Edmund payoff pitch from Steel. This one has swung on well, hit to left toward the corner, it goes, hit.
Speaker 3: Is back, it has gone.
Speaker 4: It's a home run Tommy Edmund as he hits his first tank of the year.
Speaker 1: It's three nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 4: A solo shot for Edmund. It was a fastball left up in the zone, right down the middle, and Tommy Edmund cranked it out of here.
Speaker 2: Solo home run for Tommy edmund That is the first home run of the season in Major League Baseball, and he hits it out to give the Dodgers a three to nothing lead as the top tier play the game rights by Arco Quality top tier gas for less.
Speaker 3: In the bottom of the.
Speaker 2: Third, Rookie Sasaki got into some trouble, loaded the bases, then walked in and run. Sasaki, though would go three innings, he got out of that trouble with a couple of strikeouts. The Dodgers offense, meanwhile, kept on tacking on those runs.
Speaker 3: In the fourth, a runner on for Kik two two, swing on and hammer deep.
Speaker 4: Let field way backing gone Kik Hernandez with a two run home run five to one Dodgers. Oh, that was an absolute, no doubt or off the bat of Key k Hernandez as that was way up in the left field bleachers.
Speaker 2: Two run home run for Key k Dodgers up five to one. In the fifth, showy Otani with his first home run of the season, a solo home run to the right, the Dodgers were up six to one. The Dodgers bullpen would give up a pair of runs before landing nack two shutout innings, Kirby Yates put up a zero in the eighth that alex Vesti have closed it out in the ninth. Dodgers beat the Cubs in Tokyo last week six to three to take the two game series in Japan and off to a two and oh start here in twenty twenty five, after a few days of rest got their body clocks right, Dodgers had a three game exhibition series against the Anaheim Angels, and now here they are back at Dodgers Stadium ready for the twenty twenty five home opener. Blake Snell on the mount and with more we head over to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth.
Speaker 3: Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, thank you Tim, Happy home opener to you and everybody listening. Rick Monday, Look, I know that the Dodgers have already opened the season. Technically they're two to zero entering this one. But the last time you and I were together was before Game five the World Series, and we talked about the butterflies.
Speaker 1: That evening their similar butterflies.
Speaker 5: Even though this is game one, game and one hundred and sixty two regular season, what is it about Opening Day that causes.
Speaker 6: That only happens once every year, and it's it's like the blossoming of a season, and there's so many I think aspects of the game. You have anticipations, There's no question about that. And if you look at the now the twenty six man roster, it took a village to win a World championship last year, and especially in postseason play, I mean, the starting rotation was kind of decimated. The bull bit stood up. Oh my goodness, did they ever stand up? And guys got very big hits and it was really kind of led by Freddy Freeman's grand slam of the walk off to begin with. That set the tone and I really got the feeling too. If you look at this ball club coming back into spring trending this year, they did not come in and said, well, look what we did. No, they came in and say, look what we have a chance to do again. And I think that's a big, big turnaround.
Speaker 5: And that is to become the first team since the Yankees at the turn of the century to go back to back as World Series champions. There's no question about it.
Speaker 7: Moll.
Speaker 5: There's a target on this team's back and you look at all the external noise, whether it's nationally or in opposing markets, who would have you. Everyone's labeling the Dodgers as these villains of baseball. But you look up and down this roster and on this coaching staff, there really aren't any hateable guys. All these guys have strong reputations are being likable and personable and so on and so forth. But that is a role that they're gonna have to carry throughout the year. But they're wearing Dodger blue. And if we look at Dodger blue, it's more than just the uniform, and it's more than just this ballpark. You look at the organization. The organization continues to make statements not only in baseball, but also from a cultural standpoint and also from a community standpoint, and they have continued to do that. They've shown it again this year, and that's the path that they choose. And if you put on that Dodger uniform, there are expectations to win, and there should be expected and that is something they never shy away from day one at Camelback Ranch.
Speaker 1: Each in every year, we.
Speaker 5: Saw the pageantry in Tokyo tim a different time. This weekend It's the Dodgers. Welcome everybody to Dodgers Stadium for the first time in this regular season. Have the banner unveiling me the ring ceremony on Friday in Game two of this series, and of course or Herscheizer jersey giveaway day on Saturday. It's gonna be a fun opening weekend here at Dodger Stadium, the Dodgers and the Tigers. And boy do we have a starting pitching matchup. Mona will dig into that when we talk to you again.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot, Nelly, as we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza chicking?
Speaker 3: The Mojo's right now at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 1: We're off and.
Speaker 2: Running here on Morocco Casino. Dodgers on deck on this opening day at Dodger Stadium. Coming up, you'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll hear from Blake Snow David Vaz say, we'll check in. We'll dive deeper this pitching matchup. Your prize picks, double play the game, your Otani rewind and Kirsten Watson will join us when we come back, as we'd lead you up to Dodgers and Tigers on this beautiful Thursday afternoon. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass. The world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: He's the Dodgers and Tigers.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell Tech scoobl The pitching matchup Opening weekend at Dodgers Datum is brought to you by Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Now at the Hollywood Pantagious Visit Broadway in Hollywood dot com.
Speaker 1: This is the rewind anytime Jack Dryer continues to warm up, he's getting ready for his major league debut. To two on Otani Hammers.
Speaker 4: One oh, this ball is well struck deep right center.
Speaker 1: Back to the wall.
Speaker 4: That's off the top of the wall. Otani around first, he's in the second and Kyle Tucker Well, they're saying home run looked like it came off the top of the wall initially, but O'tani comes around with his first home run of the season.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani goes deep in the second game in Tokyo, given the fans what they wanted in Japan, a home run from show Hey Otani. He goes three for eight, a double couple of ribbies, and that home run in the Dodgers two.
Speaker 3: Games sweep of the Cubest.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson today.
Speaker 2: Kirston now joins us on this opening day brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car called eight seven seven Cars for Kids Now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K Donate your car today, Kirston. It's a big date, the Ravine Opening day for the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: I feel like this is the day that all of baseball fans, they get so excited for this one. Obviously, the off season it can feel very long, and the Dodgers case, it might have felt pretty short just because with the World Series when opening up in Tokyo. But look, we got to experience opening Day in Tokyo. That was something special in itself. It was a Pokemon theme night. You know, to see shoh and Yoshnobu as well as Roki Sasaki back in Japan, like that was really special in itself, and it's Opening Day, so you get the fields of butterflies, all of it. Opening Day in Los Angeles that is a totally different ball game. I mean, you are doing this in front of over fifty thousand fans at Dodger Stadium. You're celebrating the completion of last year winning the World Series. All of these moments just coming into one, and this year they've broken it up a little bit. So you've got Opening Day of course today, then tomorrow there's going to be the ring ceremony where the twenty twenty four World Series champions are finally going to lay their eyes on that piece of hardware that is to be so stunning. So I think you just have, like the Dodgers have made it so that it's a whole weekend affair. And so today you're gonna feel the emotions. You're gonna see the electric crowd, You're gonna see how these guys just taken being welcomed at home anything to do this to start the season in the States. So it's a special day. It's a fun one and it's it's just so amazing to be a part of. I gotta say no.
Speaker 3: Doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Key k Hernandez a big part of the Dodgers run last year.
Speaker 3: A little under the.
Speaker 8: Weather right now, yeah, a little under the weather. I mean, you guys know, when you're in a clubhouse around a bunch of people, some things do get passed on. Other things don't. But right now he's dealing with a little bit of a stomach bug. They don't think it's the same one night Mooie Bets dealt with, just because realistically that was now a few weeks ago. Yes, it was a little bit longer on his body and finally he's feeling better. But they're hoping for Kik this is just going to be a twenty four to forty eight hour type stomach bug, hopefully leaning towards the twenty four hour. Dave roberts today that he just couldn't really sleep through the night and have some vomiting stealing coming in a little bit later today, if he's available, we'll see. I'm sure Dave will try to stay away from him. But there is a little stomach something going around, it seems like, and so hopefully it won't be too bad for Kik though.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it. Careson happy opening Day. We'll check in with you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Still they come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Va Sego's one on one with the skipper, Dave Roberts. I'm next, so will get you an injury report and we'll hear from Blake Snell, the opening day starter here at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and Tigers, first pitch at four ten. Tim Kase is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 3: Wronggo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues on this opening Day, twenty twenty five. As we lead you up to first pitch, Rodgers and the Tigers, Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam. Four good times. Blake Snell and Trek Scuble to pitching match up. First pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers, who start this season with eleven pitchers on the injured list. Tony Gonsolin, Bruis Dark, Raderal, Michael Grove and Garland Henriquez, Kyle Hurt, Michael Kilpek, Evan Phillips, River, Ryan Emmert, Shean, Gavin Stone, and Clayton Kershaw. Who starts the year on this sixty day Il no Clayton.
Speaker 3: Kershaw in this home opener.
Speaker 2: Instead, it's the newest Dodger, Blake Snell, and of course our David Vasse caught up with Snell.
Speaker 7: Zella.
Speaker 9: I don't know, An, I could say one thing, but it's gonna be different when I walk out there, I don't I can tell you I won't be thinking about Scooba at all or going against him. My only goal be just dominate the zone, get us in the dugout so we could hit. That's my only goal. But I don't know. I would imagine I'll be excited a little nervous, and then once I get out there, it's just like, Yeah, I love Goost, I love pitching, and I can't wait to pitch and compete.
Speaker 10: After the first starting spring, you were happy with your fastball velocity, the command. Have you started to get the fuel for the secondary pitches in that sim game as well?
Speaker 9: Yeah, everything kind of came together in the sim game. I finally felt like the curve ball is looks like a fastball. I can locate it way better. The movement. I really like the change ups better than where it was in the start in Tokyo, which I'm very I knew it was going to be, but just to see it, I was really excited about. But everything's a lot sharper, coming out better which I expected, So I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Blake Snell talking with David Vassay as he is your opening day starter his tenth year in the big league, spinning Tampa San Diego, last year in San Francisco, often out of the second year of his deal with the Giants and signed a five year deal to be in Dodger Blue, and cannot wait to see the left hander two time Cy.
Speaker 3: Young Award winner take the mound for the Dodgers. As we're leading you up to first.
Speaker 2: Pitch here on Moroco Casino, Dodgers on deck. When we continue, we'll check in with the David vad Say as we lead you up to the twenty twenty five home opener.
Speaker 3: First pitching four ten. I'm Tim kats is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Tigers Opening Day twenty twenty five. Blake Snell tear Google the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside. David Basse, all right.
Speaker 2: Davy Opening Day always special. Later start four ten, first pitch, Tigers in town. Great pitching matchup. But the owners, Magic Johnson, Walter mob Mark Walter out in center field taking pitchers pregame festiv He's about to start a special day.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And you could see all the gold trim on the field and on the uniforms. You're gonna see that today and tomorrow. When the Dodgers received their rings ceremony, they got the blue carpet out there. It's just it's reminiscent of the parade the Dodgers had out here. So it should be a grand home opener for the Dodgers to welcome back their world champions from Tokyo where they sweat the Tokyo Series. I talked to Jack Flaherty, as you know Tim, a little bit earlier today, and he just said, staring out at the field yesterday when the Tigers were working out, all the memories of that championship parade and what the Dodgers accomplished last year came flooding back to him. And you'll see Jack Flaherty pitch tomorrow against his former team. But certainly a great day out here, and from what I understand, there is a very special guest involved in throwing out today ceremonial first pitch.
Speaker 3: Who cannot wait? David is driven by Ford. There's one thing we like, its choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the four one to fifty gas hybrid all electric toughness market will be called the f one fifty all right, dB. Mookie Betts played in that final game against the Angels on Tuesday night. What do you expect out of Mookie today?
Speaker 10: And this home opener Dave Roberts, who's going to join us a little bit later, indicated that there are no limitations on Mookie. Mookie played five innings in Anaheim and really tried to convince not only us but himself that he was feeling stronger, even though two days prior he felt frustrated and revealed to us that he had lost almost twenty pounds.
Speaker 11: I'm actually stronger than I was before. My body's been perfectly fine. It's only been my stomach, literally only my stomach. I've been working out, doing everything perfectly normal. It was just hard to hold down food. But I'm fine now.
Speaker 10: Mookie's fine, but Keith k Hernandez is not. He is not at the ballpark and is probably not available today with some of the same symptoms that MOOKI was dealing with. So hopefully Keith K feels better so he could be out here tomorrow to receive his championship ring.
Speaker 2: David blake snell long anticipated start tonight, his first in the regular season as a Dodger. As he's getting loose in the Dodger bulpin right now, I know he's ramped up and excited about this.
Speaker 10: Without a doubt, he's amped for it. I exchanged messages with him last night. He is locked in for this start, and he's gonna have to control his emotions. I know he was downplaying that a couple of days ago, but he's gonna have to try to block out the energy that he going to get from wearing that uniform, being on the mound on a day like today, and get some outs, get some quick outs. Don't go deep into counts, because the deeper he gets into counts and tries to make perfect pitches, it seems like he expends a lot of energy and throws too many pitches in a short amount of time. He's got to go at least five or six for the Dodgers today, David.
Speaker 2: You've seen a lot of opening days at Dodgers Stadium with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: What was the best opening day you've seen?
Speaker 10: You think it was twenty thirteen. Happened to be April first, Dodgers Giants Kershaw against Madison Bumgardner. That day, Tim Kershaw was at the height of his powers. Pitched a complete game shutout against the defending world champion San Francisco Giants, had seven strikeouts, no walks, and here's the kicker. It was a scoreless time the seventh inning and Kershaw was the one that hit a go ahead home run to help them win. And I asked Clayton today whether or not he remembers much about that day. I don't remember much.
Speaker 12: Honestly, it's a long time ago, but uh, I mean it just kind of just kind of look up and the game's over and you'd hit a homer and it just kind of feels like a little league game. So it just was was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: It's what I remember.
Speaker 10: Do you feel like that was mark this new era of Dodger baseball?
Speaker 12: I don't know, honestly. I mean I think you know, that was the first year of the new ownership, full year, and yeah, we made the playoffs that year, so yeah, I mean it probably started. It's its way for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So you've been around baseball for a few generations and here for a few generations. You saw what the clubhouse originally look like, and now what you got. Now, what do you think about this new version of it?
Speaker 12: Yeah, this is amazing. I mean, I yeah, this is round three for me, So I thought Round two was amazing. So this is just incredible. They thought of everything and I'm lost in here. So it's it's just uh yeah, it's it's state of the art. It's amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: In two thousand and eight, Clayton Kershaw's locker looked identical to the way it looked in nineteen sixty two when they opened this stadium. So he's seen a lot and certainly is looking forward to getting out there on the mound. I would say somewhere between May and June for Kershaw to be back pitching in games.
Speaker 2: Well, looking forward to first pitch come up, and just a little bit DV. We'll check back in with you and just a little bit. Dodger Fans in Santa Anita Derby Day in Santa an Needita Park on Saturday, April fifth, get on track with the Derby Day, five K Craft Beer Festival, Spring Carnival, and a full day of racing featuring this Santa Anita Derby with millions of payoffs every race day. Visit Santa Anita dot com slash events for tickets still to come. Here On Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from the manager Day Roberts will dive deeper in this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: But up next your Dodgers magical moment lead you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Tigers Opening Day at Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Tigers twenty twenty five home opener at Dodgers Stadium. Is Both teams started to take their positions on the first base line, the Tigers lining up for introductions pregame ceremony and the Dodgers coaching staff and coaches and training staff all getting.
Speaker 3: Introduced as we speak.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers getting ready to take the field along the third base line with introductions is the Dodgers have their home opener. Blake Snell and Trek School to pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 3: Who wants hot?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Halfing Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to last October, the Dodgers taking on the Yankees in the Bronx Game five of the twenty twenty four World Series. That Dodgers were down five to nothing before they rallied to win it all.
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts can hardly watch. Here's the one two pitch from Bueller got im swinging.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's a World Series win for Lay.
Speaker 1: They've done it.
Speaker 13: They've finished the job, and give Los Angeles the parade.
Speaker 3: It's been waiting for.
Speaker 13: A swarm of Dodgers on the right side of the infield, grown men, but children again living out their dream.
Speaker 2: A magical moment in the Bronx last October, the Dodgers winning the twenty twenty four World Series Championship. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Haffey hot Dogs, Haffey's SoCal local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffy hot Dogs Local and so oh great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with Rick Monday, the lead you after first pitch, Dodgers and Tigers, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm sim Kas is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Tigers twenty twenty five opener. Blake Snell Trek Scugle to bitching MATCHA first pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 3: Got him with.
Speaker 10: The two for one hard shot to third throws the second on the first double what hole Tams.
Speaker 1: This is the Price Picks double play of the day.
Speaker 2: Join the more than ten million members playing Daily Fantasy Sports at Prize Picks. Download the Prize Picks app and use the code go blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 3: That's go blue.
Speaker 2: When you sign up at Prize Pick, whether it's strikeouts, RBI, first any runs, you pick more or less on at least two players or more for a shot to win one thousand times your cash again, go blue at Price Picks when you download the up. Here are my two picks for this opening day. Blake'snell more or less fourteen and a half outs. It's the season opener for Blake's now the home opener, first time in the Dodger uniform. I say more than fourteen and a half out? Showy o Tani more or less a half a hit? Come on, he's gotta get at least one hit, right, I say more than half a hit again? Sign up played Daily Fantasy Sports at Prize Picks with me during the season. Use the code Go Blue Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: Run your game and now joined by David Bass saying here's La Dodgers broadcasterre and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: Rick, I guess we can call this reopening day for the Dodgers as they start the season in North America.
Speaker 6: Now, yeah, and there's something special about the home openers. I said the other night in the broadcast, did I look forward to the home opener in particular Opening Day? Yes, I was in Tokyo. You were there and you saw it. You saw the excitement a little bit removed, no question about it. But what I was talking about the other night, and I've said this in other years, this is the time that we can all become again seven year olds, and nobody says we're weird because opening day at home is just something special.
Speaker 10: You wake up and even if you're in school on this day, with the game being at four to ten, at least you can get home and watch listen.
Speaker 6: To the ordinary. It's out of the ordinary. Also with a four to ten start. If you don't have the one, we don't have the seven. It's a four ten. Okay, fine. What that means is, first of all, there's gonna be a lot of traffic listening. On top of it. I noticed also that for those that are traveling that maybe on Sunset Boulevard. I noticed coming in at eleven forty five this morning that there's some surface streets being done right on Sunset. So stay calm, stay cool, stay collective, and yeah, you're going to be called traffic.
Speaker 10: As a baseball fan, it's exciting already with the home opener, but to have a pitching matchup like this in twenty twenty five, you don't get that too often, No.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 6: And I think we have got a couple other things that are going on. Is they're trying to manipulate the lineup, and the Dodgers have the luxury of looking and trying to figure out exactly what they're going to do. Although as you discovered in talking to Dave Roberts a little bit earlier, he's had to do some shuffling because, okay, Mookie Betts is at least healthy enough to start. I can't say unequivocally that he has quote unquote healthy one hundred percent. But now we've got another illness in that being Kick Hernandez, who got a hold of Dave Roberts very early this morning and said, hey, look he's under the weather. He can't keep food down, and we don't know if he's going to even be able to make it to the ballpark.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know how bad he's feeling if Key k Hernandez is not in the starting lineup on the day that the Dodgers are going to be celebrated and a lefty on the Yeah.
Speaker 6: And so that's why you look at this God your ball club. I said in Day one, I said it last year, and I said it this year too, game one of the broadcasts from Arizona Campbell Back Ranch, Glendale. I said the Doctors were perceived as the Goliath of baseball last year. David didn't show up to slay the goliath, and in my opinion, Goliath during the offseason got better, stronger, and maybe a lot more meaner. As far as the ability goes, now that's on paper. The games have to be played on the field. But I think this is just a marvelous blend of players, the ability, and I think to go with that, David, I just sensed that there is a hunger. There's no complacency here. And that's the greatest news of it all. You get a good ball club that had the taste, a big, big, taste of victory last year in winning a World championship, and they came into spring training hungry again because they wanted to be the first team since two thousand the New York Yankees still went back to back World championships.
Speaker 10: And Rick, how important is it for the Dodgers to add players like Blake Snell, Tanner Scott and Michael Conforto that were not part of the team last year and have never tasted the fruits of victoria.
Speaker 6: And they want to. They understand they've been on the outside looking in. Snell got to look at it against the Dodgers when he was with the Race, but that didn't quite work out. He was taken out of the game prematurely. It was a big boost for the Dodgers that he was removed from that game. That's my opinion and I stick by it. But this is a unique challenge and a credit to ownership of the Los Angeles Dodgers. They did not stand pat. They wanted to improve. They've not only improved the team, they've improved the stadium, they've improved the locker rooms. I mean, this is an organization that's made a huge commitment to the city of Los Angeles, including dedicating kids fields and promoting and really supporting everything that's happened, you know, the tragedies in southern California and around Los Angeles that's being reagnize from the pregame show again today, the Dodgers organization has made a big, big statement to this community.
Speaker 10: All right, Rick, before we back out of here, you've grown up in Los Angeles, you played Major League Baseball, you've broadcast Dodger games.
Speaker 1: Do you still have the.
Speaker 10: Same feeling for a home opener than little Ricky had in Santa Monica and the big leaguer in seventy seven?
Speaker 6: This way, I set the alarm earlier than I would normally have it. To begin with, I was awake well before the alarm went off today. There's something special about home.
Speaker 10: Openers, something special about Rick Monday being on the call as well. We'll check in later. Rick, thanks, and we'll send it back to you somewhere at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: Tim Kats, Yeah, I'm over here, DV.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans start your future to California Community college Financial aids availble to help you with tuition, books and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 3: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 2: Classes can fill up quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview with this pitching matchup. Rick will be back with Steven Nelson right before first pitch. But I've next we go high and tight with the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Leading up to Dodgers and Tigers Opening Day twenty twenty five. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: D's the Dodgers and Tigers Opening Day at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: As the Dodgers are being.
Speaker 2: Introduced, the starting lineup one by one down the third base line. Blake Snell Trek School to pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen She Handcrafted Sushi.
Speaker 3: Getting ready to enjoy the game.
Speaker 2: You need a quick meal that's affordable and the whole family can enjoy. Pick up Zen she handcrafted sushi made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision passion in the tradition.
Speaker 3: You can taste it's great.
Speaker 2: Find zen She near the deli counter at Rouse Zench hand crafted sushi, always fast, always fresh, and always easy.
Speaker 1: David, And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 10: We're getting set for the home opener here at Dodgers Stadium. The player introductions are about to start as the Dodgers return to Dodger Stadium as world champions. And we're joining right now by the man that led these group of players in this organization last year and for the past nine seasons, as he is a two time, two time World Series winning manager, and that is the one and only Dave Roberts. Dave, thanks a lot for the time, and great to be back at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 7: Oh man, David, is you know we have the opener in Tokyo, But man, there's nothing like home opener at Dodger Stadium. The weather's beautiful, those Dodger whites are really shining and sparkling today. So really excited to get going here.
Speaker 10: As I look at your new office, man, you really did something, not only with the new clubhouse, but with the manager office as it should be.
Speaker 7: No, it's a great undertaking that from ownership. You know, Jane, Marie Stan and his staff and just the workers what they did to get a two year project essentially Dave done in about five months. And yeah, one of the benefits beneficiaries was myself with this new office, So I got some good digs here. I'm excited and yeah, it's just what it's supposed to be.
Speaker 10: I love seeing the World Championship trophy behind your desk and that team photo that you guys took after you wanted in Game five a Yankee Stadium. When you look behind you, what do those memories bring back and how do you use that for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think that was intentional. I think for me it's you know, every time I stepped foot in here, a player comes in here or front office, it's motivation. It's something that we accomplished a goal in twenty four and it's a fuel for twenty five. And I think that looking back at memories and how happy we were, just to appreciate all the hard work that goes into winning a championship and we're ready to start this journey again in twenty five.
Speaker 10: What was your message in spring training to this group of players that a lot of them were here last year? What is the motivation? How do you keep the edge after being the champs?
Speaker 7: You know what, I think there's individual goals, certainly. I think each person has their own motivations, which is rightful and should be, and there's also a team sense of it. And I think for me, the message was really about our character and trying to really build a legacy for the organization, for the fans. Do things the right way. And I think that our guys, as you see us play every day, we mind the little things. We play the right way. We played Dodger Baseball stick together. It's not linear a Major League baseball season. There's ups and downs, ebbs and flows, and just continue to make mind the little things for me and the noise will be muted and our expectation is again to hoist that trophy up.
Speaker 10: Dave Roberts, entering his tenth season as the Dodgers manager, You're a decade in now, Dave, and you got more ahead of you when you look at look back at the culture that you've established here. What are you the most proud of.
Speaker 7: I think the thing I'm most proud of is our guys respect their position as as major league players, respect the uniform, the franchise. The Dodgers are educated on the history of the game, our organization. It's a responsibility to be a major league player. They're accountable to one another, and we do things the right way. And I think for me, as you know, there's not the caddy egos strife in some other clubhouses or locker rooms. Baseball is the thing and winning is the thing, and that's all we care about it, I think for me, and the con insistency of that mindset is something I'm probably most proud of.
Speaker 10: Dave Roberts has got his lineup out there, a lot of right handed bats today against reigning American League Sy Young winner Trek Schoolball. You don't have Keyk Hernandez today. I guess he's got the mooki itis. What's going on with key K's stomach.
Speaker 7: I don't know, you know what he was. He had a tough night. He was throwing up a lot last night. And so we'll see if we can kind of keep him on ice and hopefully we can stay away from him. But yeah, so it's nice. We've still got Miggi ro in there. We had to move some pieces around and get piece in the left field, kick Tommy out to centerfield, Meggi ro at second base. But yeah, Schoolble's tough, man. I mean, it's going to be one hundred. He's amped up. I'm sure to be pitching opening day at Dodger Stadium. Man, we got to work cut out, but we got a good left hander as well in Blake Snow, so it's gonna be a good matchup.
Speaker 10: Nell said he's not thinking about school bawl. What do you think his motivation is today? Is it just facing that Tigers lineup? Or do you feel like he's going out there with a chip on his shoulder?
Speaker 7: You know what, I don't know, but I think that you know, he's really fired up about donning the Dodger uniform here at Dodger Stadium and pitching this home opener, And yeah, his focus should be on the Detroit Tigers offense. And I know he's going to be well prepared and it's up to us to scratch a few runs across and get a w all.
Speaker 10: Right, it's a beautiful day in Los Angeles at Dodgers Stadium Opening Day. Around Major League Baseball, the one thing Dave Roberts has taught myself and many others that have been around him the past nine years is to have gratitude and certainly grateful to have you as the Dodger manager, Dave.
Speaker 7: So thank you, all right, Dave, thank you. Let's have a great day, man.
Speaker 10: No doubt a Dodger win, a good day to beat somebody across the diamond. We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim, all.
Speaker 3: Right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com. As player introductions are happening, ice Cube just drove in the World Series Championship Trophy from twenty twenty four Dodger ownership, raising the twenty twenty four Champion chip flag and left center field here at Dodgers Stadium. As the pregame festivities continue, It's Opening Day at Dodgers Stadium. Dodgers and Tigers up next. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your Home for the Blue All Season Log.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Tigers twenty twenty five opening day from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at four.
Speaker 1: Ten, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard, play hard.
Speaker 3: And in New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charged engine.
Speaker 2: It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Turk scoobl on the mound for the Tigers. Twenty eight year old left hander out of Northern California. He was a ninth round pick of the Tigers back in twenty eighteen out of the University of Seattle. Made his major league debut in twenty twenty during the COVID season. He was okay, a sub five hundred pitcher for the first couple of years, racking up the strikeouts. In late twenty twenty two, hurt his elbow missed a lot of twenty twenty three when he came back, though he finished that season strong, winning four straight games in twenty twenty three. He came back last year a breakout season eighteen and four with a two thirty nine ERA two hundred and twenty eight strikeouts. He led the American League with a thirty percent strikeout rate. He was an All Star last season and won the cy Young Award. Blake Snell on the mound for the Dodgers, The thirty two year old left hander finally wearing a Dodger uniform his tenth season in the big leagues, his first with the Dodgers after signing that five year deal this past offseason. He's a two times cy Young Award winner with the Rays and the Popres. Last year twenty starts with the Giants, he started the season hurt. They slow played him five and three overall with a three twelve e RRA. Snell is just two years removed from his cy Young Awards season in San Diego, where he won fourteen games with a two to twenty five r RA with a thirty one percent strikeout rate. He made two Cactus League starts to this spring, also pitched one exhibition game over in Tokyo.
Speaker 3: He struck out seven of the eighteen batters he faced.
Speaker 2: So it's Blake Snell and Trek Scouble the pitching matchup Dodgers Tigers. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game.
Speaker 3: Our next of Tim Kats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network. As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Tigers twenty twenty five opening Day at Dodgers Stadium. Blake Snell, Trek Scooble the pitching matchup. When the boys in Blue play at home game, it's important that they have the right plan to protect their house.
Speaker 3: Dodgers are protected their house.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty four, they went fifty two to twenty nine at Dodger Stadium. That was the second best home record last year in the National League. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, use or install ignition resistant materials around your home. Use fire resistant materials when building a deck, replace events with ember and flame resistant events. Use noncombustible fencing materials for aportion that connects to your house. For more about this and other tips, visit fire dot CAA dot gov. All right, before first pitch, we head back over to the booth Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 5: All right, TC back here with Rick Monday and mo our last chat, we were discussing the emotions and the butterflies at everybody, whether you're in uniform in the ballpark or listening on the Dodgers Audio network, you're feeling it right now as the Dodgers get ready to kick off their home opener against the Detroit Tigers. Another thing that reminds you that it's opening day. This is a classic throwback starting pitching matchup. You have Blake Snell and his Dodger debut against Trek Schooble. They got three syns between them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you look at the pitching staff in the matchup itself. The two guys that he might well just throw raw meat out there and see what kind of happens, because that's the way that they approach the game. They both have good awe speed pitches. But if you're looking at Schooble, the Dodger saw him for six innings. Last year. He had a very good outing against him in Detroit. And he's a guy that that throws well. He was clocking it over one hundred miles an hour last year. He has high velocity. He has changed speeds, and we talk about changing speeds and that's one of the big big things that Blake Snell is able to do. In particular, I think with the curveball, and he threw it about one out of every four pitches if you look back to last year. But when he changes speeds, it improves the fast ball. When he throws the fast ball and improves the af speed pitch, and they go hand in hand.
Speaker 5: Would you like to step back in the batter's box today against either one of these guys.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you something is Kick Hernanez is under the weather today and had to give Dave Roberts a cult. It's not the twenty four hour or the eight hour flu that people used to have when Nolan Ryan was pitching heres and years ago. But if you're going to get sick, this might be the right time. So you have to face schooble. But I do know that kick a long with everybody else you don't want to get sick on the home opener. You want to be here, and he may be here in uniform. Don't know if he's able to keep food down. But this is a big, big day.
Speaker 5: I think we've had enough of Dodgers getting sick, given what Mookie Betts has had to endure over the last couple of weeks, and what the hitters will surely endure today against Snell and Schooble. Conventional wisdom, Tim says, get ready for a lot of punch outs and not a lot of hits. We'll see if that rings true, or if baseball happens, meaning the unpredictable happens. It's the Dodgers and Tigers, the home opener at Dodgers Stadium. We are fired up to bring it to you here in the Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Nelly, thank you, Moe.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up next, Blake Snell, Turks Gooble. It's the Dodgers and the Tigers, twenty twenty five home opener, enjoyed Dodger fans. I'm Tim kase Is, the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network