Speaker 1: Yeah, see Kelly's shoe.
Speaker 2: Final hour of The Jesse Kelly Show on an amazing Thursday, as we roll into Independence Date weekend, a weekend full of fireworks in America and wieners and mac and cheese and all kinds of the delicious American stuff. So let's talk about the parliamentarian. Why don't we have to hear about this person? What's going on there?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about well, joining the.
Speaker 2: Military, hunting, fishing with your sons, all that's so much more coming up in the final hour of the Jesse Kelly Show this week. Now, let's do this one. Jesse, can you please explain what is all this parliamentarian nonsense? What is it about? How can they do? Okay, So obviously this is kind of null and void now because the bill, the big beautiful bill's already passed and you know it's gonna be law and all that stuff. But remember we had a conversation, let's just recap this conversation again about why we didn't need sixty votes in the Senate. Remember in the United States of America, and we really want it to be this way. If you want to pass a law, you can't get fifty one votes in the Senate. That's not how it works. Laws are supposed to be difficult to pass. Remember that you need sixty votes in the Senate. But when does either party have sixty votes in the Senate. It's not very We never see that anymore. So they've kind of found kind of a sketchy workaround. I'll use that term, a sketchy workaround. And this sketchy workaround is this, it's not really a new law or just kind of makeing a couple little adjustments skier and little adjustments there. But you see, if you do that, No, you don't have to get to sixty votes, you only need fifty one votes. But you don't get to just say it's not a new law. There are a list of rules you have to follow. You can do this, you can't do that. If you do this, it becomes a new law. You need sixty votes if you do that. And the parliamentarian this is where this person comes into play. I'm not going to get into all the boring, brutally boring background of this position and everything else, but I will just simply make this little note on it. The parliamentarian who kind of gives the a orn a on this stuff serves at the pleasure of the Senate Majority leader, meaning whenever there's Senate Majority leader, if he wants that person fired and replaced, he can choose to do so. And we have had the same one for thirteen years since twenty twelve. Maybe you're angry right now, and you shouldn't be, because tomorrow's an Independence Day. That maybe you're wondering where the heck is John Thune. Remember that conversation we had, I think it was first hour, maybe second hour of the show about how there's a ten to fifteen person red state cabal of GOP senators who always keep their foot in the door so it can't slam all the way shut on American communism. That's John Thune. John Thune's another one of these red state senators who knows how to say all the right things when he's back home campaigning, knows how to sound like the most right wing person when it comes to an election year every six years, all over the television set. He's a big fundraiser, all over the television set with fancy ad after fancy ad, I love my guns, I love the border wall, so right wing, I love TRUMPAPA and then spends the next four or five years filling up the swamp. Lindsey Graham does it too, John Cornyn does it too. Mike rounds that these red state senators, they do this, and we're changing that. That's the good news. We are changing that. But that's how it's always gone. You know what's amazing is this is one of the first times in recent memory that I've seen it isn't working for John Cornyn because John Cornyn, John Cornyn thought he was going to run the same playbook that John Thune runs and Lindsay Graham runs, and Graham runs and all the other people run, and that playbook is i have six years in between elections, So I'll take four of those years. I'll take four of those years, and I'll keep my foot in the door to make sure communism can filter through. But then I understand I'm gonna have to run for reelection in a very red state. Who's not gonna like that. So I'll just do what's always worked. I'll take fifty million dollars and buy a bunch of television ads and tell people how much I love Trump and how red right wing I am. And then of course, the idiot GOP primary voter in the red state. They'll run to the polls and they'll vote for me like they've always done. Only John Cornyn appears to be the one who's going to find out. The GOP primary voter is changing, changing, waking up, getting more involved. He's getting smashed so badly right now, I'm almost positive he's simply going to drop out of the race before he gets Curb stumped in the election. Why the GOP primary voter remembered when John Cornyn screwed him badly After the Uvalde school shooting, After that horrible school shooting in Uvalde, the communists did what they've always done, and they decided to grab guns. You know, they didn't care about dead kids. It's not that communists always want to take your guns away. They hate that you have guns because they want to hurt you. They want the power to hurt you. They hate that they can't just hurt you. Whidrahs them crazy. If you could, if you could hold down a communist and give him some truth serum, he would tell you that confiscating your guns is more important to him than any other issue, because they just want to hurt you when you don't do what you're supposed to do. They want to hurt you and your guns keep them from that. And so of course they used another school shooting. They stood on the dead bodies of children and they said, gotta do something about the guns, the guns and guns. And Mitch McConnell turned to who John Cornyn to work with the Democrats on guns uncontrolled legislation? John Cornyn from Texas. John Cornyn, the Texas Senator, worked on gun control and gun control past. But if I have to make an excuse for him, it's always worked in the past. You can do in the past. You could do whatever you wanted in the off years to the GOP primary voter, and that idiot will still go vote for you every single primary. I saw him in the television. He said he's gonna build the wall no more. John Cornyn showed up at a big GOP event in Texas. This was I would guess six months after that gun control vote. I'm guessing on that that's not exact big old GOP event. They started handing out these John Cornyn lanyards. Now, these are all Gopers. These are the GOP primary voters. Someone took a picture of the trash. Can you can just see this online. Virtually every lanyard was in the track. They took off their John Corny and lanyard as soon as they handed them ount and chucked them right in the garbage can. Then he got up on stage and he got booed off stage. But it's always worked, that's always worked. Protect the swamp, Protect the swamp, Protect the swamp. Use a electioneer to act like you're gonna drain it, then you go right back to protecting the swamp. Oracle, do you hunt with your sons after not hunting? When losing my father seven years ago, I feel obligated to take my fourteen year old soon. Uh, My boys and I we went fishing with Grandpa. That was the thing. My dad was just the ultimate outdoorsman. Hunting fishing, that was his thing. He loved it, even when I hated it as a kid. My Dad's dragging me out of bed at four am and we're going into the mountains, freezing to death looking for deer. That was my dad, And so he started taking the boys with me. Obviously, I've done a ton of it, fishing and stuff like that. They had never done any big game. They still have not done any big game hunting, but they just recently so sad. Right before he died, they said, Hey, I want to go kill a deer. I think I'm ready. I'm gonna go hunting. I'm gonna go kill a deer. And then we went on that final fishing trip and my dad died the next day. But the answer your question is no. But I really, if I'm being honest, I feel obligated now to take them because he's not there to take them. And when your son says he wants to go kill a deer, we gotta go kill a deer with your dad. Can't go kill a deer with anybody else. You gotta go kill a deer with your dad. And then I'm I'm gonna absolutely die laughing watching them try to field dress that dad gun thing. The same way my dad sat there and laughed at me when I tried the first time on my first kill, which is an antelope. I'm gonna sit there and laugh at them, don't get me wrong. I'll show him how, and then I'll sit there and snicker as they're trying to take his guts out and everything. Sorry, I realized I just grossed out a bunch of you animal lover freaks, but there's nothing I can do about it. All right, someone wants to join the military, we'll talk about that. It is the Jesse Kelly Show, a wonderful, wonderful Thursday, right before Independence Day.
Speaker 1: I am so excited. There's no heaviness tonight on the show.
Speaker 3: As heavy as ten boxes that you.
Speaker 1: Might be moving.
Speaker 2: No, we're just doing ask doctor Jesse questions and we're celebrating America. Baby, let's do some more of these, Jesse. I come to you and ask for advice on how to best prepare myself to enter the military. You mentioned in passing once that the reason why you joined the Marines was to mature yourself or grow up, and I've been thinking along those same lines. I've been thinking of joining the Navy, specifically hopefully the Seals.
Speaker 1: Do I need to.
Speaker 2: Start a workout routine or maybe pick up some chalk? Any advice would be appreciated, all right. So, first, I'm not a Navy seal, so I can't give you specific instructions on being a Navy Seal, but I will say this, you need to get yourself in shape before boot camp. Before boot camp, and I don't know what kind of a pipeline program they have now to go right from boot camp into the seals. And I don't know that because it's usually changing. For instance, the Green Berets.
Speaker 1: I know this.
Speaker 2: You used to have to be in for a while before they would allow you to come be a Green Beret. They thought they needed guys with more maturity. They didn't want eighteen nineteen year olds in there. They just didn't have any desire for that. They wanted you to be at least be in your twenties, that kind of thing. But I know that they're always trying to feel quotas and I know they're always trying to adjust things. And I believe, but do not quote me on this. You'll have to ask you a recruiter. There is more of a pipeline program now to go be a Navy seal. That's fine, that's great. Good for you. If that is your plan, you had better show up in elite shape. You don't show up to get in shape. You show up in elite shape, and even then your body will be broken down. And remember what BK has told us, because he is one of those guys. I'm not one of those guys. I was a grunt marine it's the four year grunt marine.
Speaker 1: But BK is one of.
Speaker 2: Those guys, and he said, if you think you're going to try to make it in, you're not going to make it. You are going to want to die. There are going to be multiple times where you feel like you're going to die. They're going to make it so you feel like you're going to freeze to death. They're going to make you so miserable and in so much pain and so tired that if if quitting is an option for you in your mind, you will quit. You will seventy five percent dropout rate For a reason, most people quit, and the dropout rate is even worse when it's cold because they have different different times. If you go into the mentality that you would go in with the mentality that you would rather die than quit, you will make it. Most people do not have that mentality, and that's very understandable. I'm not criticizing you if maybe you tried it and failed. Most people don't have that mentality. It has to be no, no, I'll die or I'll be a Navy seal. If that's your mentality, you'll be fine. But either way, show up in elite shape. And if I may I certainly understand the appeal of being a Navy seal. I do, and Lord knows, they have some of the best pr in human history. There's how many Navy Seal books, and there's Navy Sealed TV shows and movies and and I get all that and all that, and I get all that. All that stuff's warranted. But if just being a super soldier, special operations super ninja type, remember that every branch has that. And as much as I love to make fun of the Air Force, Air Force pjs are every bit Navy Seals. In the Army Special Forces, the Green Berets bad dudes. In the Marines, they're always changing the name. But it's back to being Marine raiders, which is what it should be, because that's really freaking cool. Do you want to be a Marine and then have like a be like a special operations Navy seal type Marine Marines have that too. The other branches have that kind of thing too. But if it's Navy, if that's your thing, If you're a water person, uh, that is one other little disclaimer I will put on there. How comfortable are you in the water under the water Navy seals? It sounds like an obvious point, but a lot of people don't really get this. Navy seals exist in and around the water, and they are going to ensure that you are unbelievably comfortable in the water or that you quit. The guys, you know, you know who makes the Navy seals a lot surfers. You know that surfers. And I know, if you're not a surfer, maybe you're dismissive of that. You think there may be just a bunch of potheads basically skateboarders on the water. Every surfer I've ever known had basically eight pack abs. They were in incredible shape. They swam like fish. They were very, very very comfortable in and around the water. And that's a big thing because they're gonna make you feel like you're going to drown there too. You're gonna spend a lot of time in the ocean, in the pool, under the water, water in your nose, in your eyes, what Chris.
Speaker 1: Yeah said. Sounds fun.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing they're gonna try. They're trying to make you quit. They want to see if you will quit. The goal is to weed out anybody who might quit, and so they try to make you quit. I watched some documentary on them one time, and this is a fairly new one. The guys he was, they were on the beach and they were doing some brutally long run and I forget I think they were carrying their boats or something like that, and the guys were all dying, and the instructor was driving behind him in a truck telling them, Hey, your mommy's waiting for you a nice warm bed. Don't you want a hot meal? You don't want to be here, and I don't. That's funny to watch, but believe me, that sounds real appealing. After the skin on your heel is worn off and you're freezing to death and stuff like that, they're gonna try.
Speaker 1: To make you quit, all right there? It is the Jesse Kelly Show.
Speaker 2: Turn that off, Chris, Gosh, that's terrib Why would you do that going into an independent state?
Speaker 1: You know what I need?
Speaker 2: I need an American song going in an independence stay ah ya ya yai.
Speaker 1: I am the Frieto bun Tito rey. I like Rito stornchits.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 1: I do I want Brito scornchits. I'll get them from you. I yi yi yi oh imd Frieto bundito, Give me brito sconchips and I'll be your friend. De frieto buntito. You must not up in much munch munch a bunch of prittos. Absolutely, you know freedom is not free.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jesse, we all love Hillsdale College. If they asked you to deliver a college course, what subject would you feel most comfortable presenting?
Speaker 1: Really? Any of them? Honestly?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Hear me out.
Speaker 2: There's something I've learned in my forty three years on this planet, and that's that there's no substitute for confidence. You just get up there and just work your way through it. Don't doubt yourself. Hey, Jesse, can you teach some advanced chemistry? Oh? Of course, no problem, I'll figure it out. How hard can it be to read that table thing?
Speaker 1: Chris? What's that table thing? Costs? The thing?
Speaker 2: Yes, the periodic? Exactly? How hard can that be to read it? It's a bunch of letters anybody can read that can't The president veto any budget, knowing he has at least thirty four senators who will not override his veto.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, listen, all right, so let's explain this because I know there are a bunch of happy people and sad people about the bill, the big beautiful Bill as it's been branded. Okay, Yeah, Like I said, there's good things in it, a lot more money for a lot, more money for ice. Because there's good things in it, there's all kinds of really bad things in it.
Speaker 1: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: So that's good and it's bad. But it's up to Congress to write this. The president does it write it, is not allowed to write it. He doesn't have a line item veto on it. Now, I'm not completely excusing Trump from any responsibility for it, because he does have the bully pulpit and he was trying to whip votes for it. But allow me to use this as an example, because it's a perfect example. Trump, as I told you at from the very beginning, he wants his campaign promises fulfilled. He gets one bill. Virtually every president gets one bill. After that the House changes hand, blah blah blah blah blah. You generally don't get two, you get one bill. Trump viewed this as his one shot for no taxes on tips, more money for deportations. So Trump, from the second they ruled this thing out was saying, just pass it. Just pass it, just pass it, just pass it. And he was threatening to everyone who didn't like it. Well, the bills as bad as it really is, it's way better now than what it was originally because the hard right people in the House in the Senate started chopping a lot of the bad stuff out of it. So the bill got better and better and better and better and better, and changed a lot while as we went on. But Donald Trump never stopped trying to just get it passed. He just said, just pass it, just pass it. Okay, but we changed this whatever, pass it. But we changed that. Fine, pass it, pass it, pass it, because he's not writing it. He's the president. He wants to do certain things, and the things he wanted done, he had them put it in the bill. And then the dirty scumbags in Congress started adding a bunch of corruption and fraud to it. And he wasn't going to let that stop him from getting his one bill passed. It was his one chance. It's not that I'm making an excuse, but it really is an excuse. It's an explanation. He has one shot at it. Just pass it, whatever it is. Doesn't want to major on the minor, pass the bill. We'll figure it out, and he's going to get more leeway and probably deserves more leeway when you hear things.
Speaker 3: Like this, this is better than expected, Yeah, Sarah, it is. Look, this jobs market is like the energizer bunny. Every single time we expected to run out of steam, it just keeps going and going. So these new numbers show that the US economy added one hundred and forty seven thousand.
Speaker 1: Jobs in June.
Speaker 3: That was well ahead of the expectation of about one hundred and eighteen thousand, well ahead of some whispers that we heard on Wall Street of a sub one hundred thousand number. So this is indeed beating expectations. We were also expecting a slowdown we did not get that. This is basically in line with May, which was revised higher. It's also good news. The unemployment rate was expected to go up. It didn't. It went down to four point one percent. That is a very healthy number. This is still relatively historically low.
Speaker 2: When you're the president and you've got the economy going gangbusters and the poll numbers show your approval rating is through the roof and you say pass my bill, it's hard to say no. It's hard if you're in the GOP to say no. Look, I know people, a lot of people in the House and the Senate who hated the ridiculous spending levels of this bild hated a lot of it, and in the end they kind of felt obligated when Trump six months in economically is killing.
Speaker 4: According to Triple A, gas prices are not only cheaper this year, but there are levels we haven't seen in four years. According to Triple A, gas prices are down more than thirty cents from this time last year.
Speaker 2: When you're doing that, when the economy's going that way, and the President gets up and says, I've got things rolling past this bill now, so I can keep them rolling, the bill is going.
Speaker 1: To get passed. It is what it is.
Speaker 2: Look, if you want to feel good about it, there's a lot to feel good about in the bill. If you want to feel bad about it, there's a lot to feel bad about in the bill.
Speaker 1: Is there something in it for everybody? You can choose.
Speaker 2: You can choose how you feel. I choose to be happy because tomorrow is Independence date.
Speaker 1: Baby. Dear Jesse.
Speaker 2: The not so Oracle, why were you a Carly Fiorina supporter in the fifteen to sixteen primaries. Were you a rhino back then or what does she not? I was shocked to discover this. Ps would you season yourself before eating or just quickly get over it? Okay, So I'm not going to be mean to this guy because it seems cool and he's funny and it's fine. So this is not me being mean, but be very very careful what you read on the internet. I have never been a Carly Fiorina supporter. I think maybe I voiced support for her when she was running for something in California maybe at one point in time, but definitely not in the fifteen to sixteen primary. I was a well documented Ted Cruz supporter. I didn't even remember Fiorina being in that primary. And again, that's not an insult to this guy. But here's what happens. And this is so weird for me because I'm so I'm so new to all this stuff still, it just seems so new to me. Somebody will will either lie on accident or maybe think they read something and online or Facebook or something like that. Someone will say to someone else, wow, Jesse Kelly, I think I remember him being a Carly Fiorina supporter. And someone else without verifying it, because people don't verify anything, no way, Oh she sucks, And then he'll go tell someone else, did you know Jesse Kelly supported Carly Fiorina? And then they'll tell someone else, and soon a complete fabrication like this has taken off and a bunch of people believe it. Now, I don't stress about it because I generally don't care what people think about me, which drives ab insane. But just remember, verify, verify, verify it. You listen to me every day? Do I sound like a Carly Fiorina supporter to you? Does that sound like something that is legitimate at all? Come on now, all right, I have one of the more interesting ask doctor Jesse questions I think we've ever had in my life. Now we've been doing this for almost seven years now, Chris, I don't know that I've ever had one like this. Hang on, Stity, is that Jesse Kelly Show, final second of the Jesse Kelly Show before I leave you and go celebrate America and then we'll be back here on Monday to do Medal of Honor Monday and have all sorts of fun than whatnot. So I got a question it's very interesting. Before we get to that question, Chris, do you people celebrate Independence state too? Do you have a separate one? What what I didn't I was asking. I didn't know if it was kosher or not. Anyway, Happy Independence Day to you, Chris, just wishing you happy you and yours, right, you and yours.
Speaker 1: Now let's get back to the question.
Speaker 2: Jesse, short time listener, longtime dog lover. I have a question about the graves of the three family dogs we have lost. How long do you maintain the area where the family pets were laid to rest. All three are buried close together, but on our property, the brush and weeds moving quickly. Sometimes we throw some yard composts or limbs near that space. I forgot to trim there when I mow the yard. Love the show, find a way to listen to all three hours a day. I thought this was so interesting because.
Speaker 1: All right, so I'm just gonna come out and say.
Speaker 2: We love our dogs, do we not? And yes, cats, But we love our dogs and they really are part of the family. They just are. They become part of your family for a while and then we lose them. Torrible. I have buried myself with a shovel in my hand. Multiple dogs, and when you lose them, it friggin hurts. It hurts, and you cry and it's awful and it's it's just awful. It's the worst thing. But you bury him, and then what do you do? You go get another dog. Almost everyone does. We always did it usually in my house. My dad didn't like emotions, and he definitely didn't like emotions on other people. So he's not going to cry, but he's so bothered when everyone's sad that he has to do something about it. I have to do something about it. So usually the day of the day we had our dogs die or put him down, he would get in the car and we're driving down to somewhere to go pick up another dog. That's my dad's way of doing it. That's my dad's not that was his nice way of doing it. You go get another dog. Maybe it's not the same day, but you get another dog, and it's not that you forget about the dog you had. You know, I can name all my dogs, Jake and Sam and Hank and all these other I can name them, I can picture.
Speaker 1: Them, and I love them. But you kind of move on. It's not a person you know, we love them. They're part of the family. But it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not your child, it's not your mom, it's not your dad. It still is in the end, a dog, and you move on. I think I think burying all your family dogs in the same area is a really cool thing. I don't know that you have to maintain that forever. I think you bury them. I mean if it helps you or the kidd ohs to mourn. Remember, mourning is human. It's good, it's good to mourn. You don't need to. Don't ignore that. Mourn if you're sad, be sad. I was sad last night. It's got sad randomly at dinner thinking about my dad. Now, I was just kind of down and distant the way ab would put it distant for the end of the night.
Speaker 1: It's on my mind. That's good. Moren your dog.
Speaker 2: I don't think you have some obligation to maintain that forever the way you would your dad or your mom, or God forbid, your child's grave. Now that's more of you kind of need to make sure. That's make sure the upkeep is there. Not saying you gotta be out there putting down flowers every day, but that's one of those things. I don't think ever expires. Think a dog's grave comes with an expiration date. What Chris, was that cold? That way?
Speaker 1: That was nice? I was being nice. Why don't you think that's nice? Chris? Do you disagree? Yeah, we be. That's where we did.
Speaker 2: We buried him in the art, and then the grass grows and then he helps fertilize the art, and that's kind of what it is.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. I feel like I'm sounding like a bad person right now.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to, but I can hell normally by the look on Chris's face when I've said something that's definitely gonna rub people the wrong way, which I feel like happens a lot every single hour. So we're definitely gonna get some hate mail for that. Not as much hate mail Chris as we got about me saying Jaguar. I was talking about the luxury car Jaguar. And you can't imagine how many of you snobby grammar nazis emailed into the show. No, it's jaguarire. Look, I'm uneducated and I'm white trash. I see the big cat on the front of the hood ornament, and it's called a freaking jaguar.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You don't see one of those in the Amazon eating something and say, oh, look at the jaguarar. Somebody passed the tea in strumpets. It's a jaguar, okay. And if that bothers you change the freaking channel and get some gold from gold Cove.
Speaker 1: That's really important. Did I say that right? Gold Chris?
Speaker 2: Never mind, everyone can say that gold Co get some precious metals as part of your retirement account. Did you know inflation is still really bad?
Speaker 1: Did you know that.
Speaker 2: As beautiful as you may think the bill is, the national dead is going to continue to explode. That a debt crisis is not likely, it's inevitable. What are you doing to make sure you don't lose your retirement? Let gold Co protect yours? That's what I consider it, a retirement protection plan.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. Here's what you do.
Speaker 2: Make a phone call that's it eight five five eight one seven gold or you can go to Jesse likesgold dot com. Call them. Please don't do that thing that most people do. Wait until it's too late. You wait until the bubble pops and you wake up and you looking, oh, looks like I'm going back to work.
Speaker 1: I don't ever want that.
Speaker 2: I don't want that for you eight five five eight one seven gold or go to Jesse likes goold dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, what Chris? That was funny? And now here's a headlines why you know, you know the thing emails We didn't get to you.
Speaker 2: Jesse my son went to buy a new laptop for college and he bought the extended warranty and signed up for the membership. I immediately made him.
Speaker 1: Go back and remove them.
Speaker 2: I think extended warranties, service agreements, protection plans, et cetera. Are a scam and a waste of money. What are your thoughts as somebody who used to sell these.
Speaker 1: Sometimes? And here's what I mean.
Speaker 2: They're never as all encompassing, you know the protection plan. It's never as all encompassing as the brochure says. That's a fact. But I have also seen them on large purposes. I would never do it for a laptop either, I should point out the TV the laptop.
Speaker 1: The answer is no, no, no, no no, But on.
Speaker 2: A large port, on a large purchase, if you can afford it without hurting yourself. I have seen those things bail people out. Not all the time, at all, Not at all. I'm not saying that sometimes they are. In fact, I would probably say most at the time they're a big waste of money. But sometimes they come bail you out. I'm gonna leave you now because I have to go celebrate the birthday of America. I hope you do the same, even Chris is doing it. That's all