Speaker 1: Talk about.
Speaker 2: Uh, at least we're gonna start out talking about before we get to the adoption and pregnancy help the common sense as you described, a bathroom bill recently signed in a law by Governor Mike Dewain. Welcome back to the fifty five CAC morning. So, John Hohuston, it's always a pleasure speaking with you.
Speaker 1: Great to be with you this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's start with an interesting thought question, shall we before we get to the details. Basically, the bathroom bill requires you know, if you when you are born, you're a signed agender X and Y chromosome. You're a guy, period, end of story. That scientific reality. So that means you can't go into a women's bathroom K through twelve and higher education. That's basically the summoned substance. You know, boys going to boys rooms, girls going to girls rooms. But transgender women means you are a X Y gender male. But believe and I'm not going to deny your belief structure, but believe yourself to be a woman. Question, John, you said, if you what test is there? This is why I justify the bill and think it's appropriate. What does it take to become a designated true transgender female. And I'm thinking about this in the context of the COVID nineteen religious exemptions for vaccines. They started asking people questions about how often they went to church, what they believed in. There was all these layers, which was totally unconstitutional. But does anybody ever ask the transgender female, did you just declare this before you went into the bathroom? Is that enough to allow you to get in the bathroom. This is the kind of problem we face because I have a daughter, and it worries the hell out of me that a guy, a forty year old guy, who just stands up one day, holds his hands up and says, I'm a transgender female. It's going to be in a bathroom with her. You know what I'm saying, Amen, I do.
Speaker 1: It is really unbelievable that we're at a point in the world where we actually need a law like this, where it says to you know, if you're a biological man at birth, then you will go to the boys or men's bathroom, and likewise if you're a female. That is common sense. That is what I mean. For all of my life fifty seven now and all of my life up until what five ten years ago, like this was how we all like, no one questioned that this is what we should do, right, and now all of a sudden, now, all of a sudden, we think men can play women's sports, they can undress in their locker rooms, they can use their bathrooms, forty year old men going into the same bathroom with a ten year old girl, not you know, your teenage daughters not having a private space to I mean, it's just all of these kinds of things that literally we have a section of society that believes that that the whole world, a whole history of humanity should be changed over how someone views their gender in their mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and it makes it and it makes it worse because you know, it's one thing because okay, someone might say, well, there's a stall and you're not going to be looking at someone's junk or whatever. This includes showers, this is locker rooms, this is.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm telling you you I wouldn't. I was, actually, you know, I was in disbelief that this was happening, Like I was. It was hard to believe. But I remember my one of the conversations I had with Riley Gains, the Kentucky swimmer who has been really outspoken on this because she'd lost she'd lost a a NCAA championship to a man who claimed to be a woman and swam in a women's meat in NCAA let him happen. She said that she was in the locker room with this man who had full male gentle talia, yeah, and was in the locker room undressing and is going to swim in the women's meat. And like, how in the world adults around this process could ever come to conclusion that that was okay, that this was that the whole rest of the world should change and accommodate. That really is what led to the need for these laws.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm glad they're in place in Ohio now. Now the other component of this, and it's something that's quite often overlooked. I think the presumption the arguments from you know, those who are going to appeal this law, like the ACLU and the LGBT activist group were going to claim it's unconstitutional or something. The idea of a transgender woman again, a guy believing in his heart or her heart of hearts whatever that they are. Indeed, a woman does not, in any way, shape or form determine what their sexual proclivities are. In other words, they could be attracted to women even though they identify as a woman. Meaning there is a forty five year old guy with full junk in the locker room and it's still attracted to women. That's the creepy part. Now, I know I've been in bathrooms. I'm fifty nine, so a little bit older than you, and I'm sure that all throughout my life there have been gay men in the bathroom. Never had an issue, no problem, never been molested or attack. But I'm also in a better position to defend myself because I'm a little bit on equal footing with them. As you point out with Riley Gaines, men have a substantial size and strength advantage over women generally speaking, putting women at a significant disadvantage if they're in a situation where they're someone's trying to molest them in the in the girl's bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yes, and look, there are plenty of ways that we because I acknowledge that, Okay, there's a small percentage of people who have gender identity issue. Yes, that in a bucket, call it what you want, okay, And there are you know, we have men's restrooms, we have women's restrooms, and then we have these single use family restrooms or where where where an individual can go into those and change or go to the bathroom do and those are perfectly appropriate accommodations for somebody in that situation, but the rest of the world should not have to accommodate something that makes them feel uncomfortable or threatens their privacy. And so this is a very common sense way to deal with the issue in my opinion. And look, this is as you well know, the whole issue of transgender surgeries and treatment for minors was before the US Supreme Court yesterday challenging a Tennessee law that's similar to the Ohio law. You know, the idea, because we're learning more all the time about the the fact that there are young people who've been persuaded to have these gender trans uh transgender surgeries and chemical hormonal treatments, who had them as a youth and now as adults, really regret having done that because they were just confused. They might have been gay, but they were not transgender. Somehow the medical professionals or the adults in their lives persuaded them to do this, and now they have irreversible situation as adults. And so this is this is an issue about protecting everybody. They might giving giving transgender individuals, particularly children, accommodations, but let's not go too far with this, particularly with kids.
Speaker 2: And I'm not certain and I do not believe it is the town of counter of John Howston that it is the considered medical standard of care to start giving youth, you know, pre pubescent youth gender hormone surge replacements to keep them from advancing into puberty or otherwise lopping things off or sewing things on. That is a dispute within the medical community.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, and there's a lot of evidence, a lot of evidence that it's in the aggregate doing more harm than good. And understand like not to get into them. I'm not a doctor, but i will share I've done a lot of reading and listen to a lot of smart people on this topic who will tell you that if you do this to a child and they do not go through puberty, that is an irreversible situation for them as an adult. And let adults make those decisions. Don't have adults making them for children, particularly at very very young ages, which was where we're seeing a lot of this happening.
Speaker 2: Amen, then Goo and who said, let's pivot over to something positive and what we're doing here in the state of Ohio. And I know you have a personal connection with the idea that you know they're in. There are unplanned pregnancies in the world, and we need to help support those women in all way shapes and forms this National Adoption Month. And I know you're an outspoken advocate for adoption on this. You want to explain to my listeners how it is that you have such a close connection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I was. I was adopted. I started out life in a foster home. My birth mother had had two children and lost her husband in Vietnam, and then became pregnant and didn't couldn't afford another mouth to feed and decided to have an adoption. And I started out life in a foster home and then had the greatest blessing that could have ever happened to me. Two great parents, my mom and dad, Jim and Judy Houston, adopted me. And so this is very near and dear to my heart because I know that foster care and adoption changed lives, not just the lives and children, but every adult who tells you that they've done it will say it changed our life too. Having this child in our lives made it more purposeful and meaningful, and so everything that we can do to promote adoption. We have over three thousand kids in foster care right now, waiting for a forever home, and we want to support that and we want to do all we can to support adoption and foster care because there's so many kids who, through no fault of their own, find themselves in just a terrible situation and they need the love of adults. I mean, I will tell you this, I tell that story. It's not really about me. It's about how an adult can change the life of a child and give them a chance that they would have never had before.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about that. I'm talking with the Lieutenant governor of the state of Ohio who came from a foster home and was adopted. What an amazing thing. I mean, your life is completely transformed, you know what. I think there needs to be greater advocacy for adoption, and we hear about adoption from time to time, and I'm glad you're elevating it to this level of discussion we're having here on the Morning Show. But you know, planned parenthood is everywhere they promote abortion. They suggest, oh, you have to get an abortion, You're never gonna you shouldn't bring that baby into full full term, you shouldn't have it. They're like constantly all over the place, just scream in that tune you know, wonder you wonder where the chorus is of Wait, a second adoption is a wonderful option, and great things come from families who adopt young people that are in need of a home.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, there are local women's and pregnancy centers because look, we had a constitutional amendment in Ohio. Abortions are allowed under the Ohio Constitution now basically you know, I mean it's one of the most expansive abortion laws in the country. Now. Yeah, and so we have to change hearts and minds. It's our only path right now. And so no, if you're a man who's involved with this, a woman who's involved with this, the parent, somebody, that there is support out there through these women's and pregnancy centers. They're just the women I've met, particularly women I've met who run these things, who run these pregnancy centers, they are there for you. They will help you through this process. They will make sure that you're getting the healthcare before your baby's born, that they have a plan for you to make sure you have the resources you need to support a healthy start for that baby, and connect you with the resources are out there. You're not alone in this. You're not alone. There are people who want to help you have a healthy.
Speaker 2: Baby, truly there are, and the resources are available. Sometimes you just have to search for them. And because quite often the other side has a much better advocacy thing going on for you as.
Speaker 1: Your local pregnancy center. For the most part, if you go into a search engine, you say, you know, try to find a local pregnancy center, pregnancy center closest to me. You can also use search words like adoption or support for you know, young mothers, and you'll find it out there. They're they're all. They're located all across the state. They don't have they don't have the promotional budget that Planned Parenthood does, but they are out there. I've visited many of them across the state. These are these are angels who run this. They do not judge you. They do not They do not say, you know, this is what you should do with your life. They meet you where you are, they say Okay, you're in this spot. Let's help you. They wrap their arms around you, love you, care about you, and show you a way forward and know that that resource is out there for you.
Speaker 2: Tennant Conor Johnny, So thank you for your advocacy for adoption and for women having their babies and noting that there are the resources out there. And I certainly appreciate your support for a common sense build. It is now the law in the state of Ohio. It's good to have you on the fifty five CARC Morning Show, sir. Keep up the great work.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Brian, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure. You're always welcome here at seven nineteen seven twenty and fifty five kr CD talk station Fast and Pro Roofing. I did talk to one of my listeners at listener lunch yesterday and she talked about what an awesome job Fast and Pro did. She needed new gutters and Brian, they worked so hard. She goes, oh my god, they didn't take a break. Fantastic job. And I said, well, did Eric come over? Because all Eric's the one that came over and gave us the quote in the estimate. So my future son in law, I got a dig thumbs up. It was awesome to hear, but that's you know, Fast and Pro right there for you. They treat you great, They'll never lie to you. They're an honest roofing company. A plus with a Better Business Barreau. The work is absolutely superior, true craftsman level work with Fast and Pro roofing. And it's not just roofing and gutters. They do custom copper work like, for example, over bay windows or wherever you might want custom copper work, hand soldered and handmade box cutters. If you need to replace your box cutters, they do that high level level work. Any kind of roof you want, residential and commercial roofing by commercial friends out there. You need roof inspection, call Fast and Pro. The inspection is free, the assessment is free and honest, and if you do need work, the quote will be right and when the work is done, you're going to be thoroughly impressed. It's just you can ask for better roofing company. Fast and Pro Roofing. I'd proudly, proudly support them and appreciate what they're doing in the community. A plus the Better Business bure as I mentioned, call for the free quote. It's five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five, five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five Online, it's Fasten Fast and fastenproroofing dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station. Men, if you're so