Speaker 1: Dirty hands means queen theology.
Speaker 2: Can you dig it? What is going on?
Speaker 3: All my local guys and gals and long distance pials.
Speaker 2: We are back, indeed indeed.
Speaker 4: Still missing our our friendly neighborhood sasquatch.
Speaker 2: But you know we didn't get the memo.
Speaker 4: I did. I fired. Yeah, he's been hiding in the woods too long, but missing Ben as always, that seems. But keep pushing on, keep plugging in. I'm excited, man, this is this is always fun. You know, every time we get together, we get to talk. I learned more, I grow. You know, my faith has been monumentally bolstered by doing this show, by being around the people that we've met, people that we talked to, and everybody's got something different.
Speaker 5: To bring to the table, and.
Speaker 4: We won't dive into it yet, but our guest today is definitely another one of those guys. So justin if you'd like to kick us off with some prayer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, Dear kind and gracious heavenly Father, thank you for today, and thank you for all the many blessings that you give, because each and every single one is a blessing beyond what we have earned. And I've said it many times. Thank God, thank you for not giving us what we deserve, because we deserve death and destruction, and just so thankful for that and for every single breath we take because our promised Father, we take that for granted. Thank you for this time together and fellowship. Thank you for giving us a platform to discuss your word, your effects and movements through people's lives, and just living in a free country to dive through your word and do these things. Father, We're grateful and also just thankful for all the listeners that bring us into their homes. You know, me and Steve take for granted a lot of times that you know, we are trusted to come into people's homes and fellowship with them and their family. We're thankful for that. We pray blessing over the listener's father and that our words be edified you. But we just thank you, Father. I'm just I know I've said that several times, but i am. I'm just thankful Father, Thank you in Jesus name.
Speaker 4: Amen, Amen, love it, love it. It's like you know where two or three are gathering his name. He's in the midst of you and I you know you feel them come in when when you get together to talk about things like this.
Speaker 5: It's powerful.
Speaker 3: So yeah, in today's episode, Man, I'm excited for because we tell you you guys all the time.
Speaker 2: If you got a.
Speaker 3: Testimony, if you got a story, you know, whether it's a supernatural testimony or how God's working in your life, or if you're a researcher an author, you know.
Speaker 2: Hey, reach out to us.
Speaker 3: You know, our email is you know, the dig four two three at gmail dot com. We'd love to hear from you, have you on the show. And this is a direct result of that. So you know, we get a few emails from time to time, but this is honestly the first or maybe second time. It's it's I can counted on one hand that an actual listener reached out to us and we're bringing them on the show today.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Mmm, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Well, if you want to go ahead, introduce our guests and uh, let's see where this, this this crazy ride takes us today.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I was going through the emails and how to eat email from a listener and was explaining how they've been listening to the show and digging in. They've been enjoying it and they had just finished a project and that they were a writer and they wanted to share the work with me and take a look at it. And I was like, well, sure, you know, and I was, you know, in my mind, I'm thinking, oh, well, we have another cool Nephelon you know story or Genesis six kind of thing, and it's kind of in that vein. But he's like, no, I do comic books. And I was like, oh, all right, man, And he's like, I just wrote this book called Five Stones.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 3: It's in comic book for him. He said, it's the story of David and Goliath. He said, but with all the scripture tied in and the weird things that they're not talking about behind the pull pit. And I was like, yeah, man, definitely. So he was kind enough to send this over to me. Here's the front cover, guys, and it's got all kinds of just awesome artwork.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, if you have young adult kids, teenagers, or even teenagers at heart, they're gonna love this thing. But I'd like to just welcome to the show and talk about this topic. And his new book is Adam Ferris. Adam, thank you man. I appreciate the book and your time to come talk to us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, thank you very much for bringing me on. Pretty surreal to be on here now from just listening to you guys, be honest with you, pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, I've never I've never written a comic book, so it's surreal talking to a comic book guy. I mean, you got to think about this, and the only difference is that you know, we're all doing what we're called to do.
Speaker 5: Right, That's right. Yeah, that's that's exactly right. That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I just want you to open up and kind of kind of give us a background of where you come from and how you got to hear.
Speaker 5: Okay, so so real quick, you know, Adam Ferris, appreciate the introduction, appreciate interest in the book to raise Pentecostal Christian about seventeen left the church and you know, went through the life and stuff like that. Well we get to the end of twenty twenty two. At that point, I've been a distribution center manager for about fourteen years. Career guy, career focus, got wife, kids, mortgage, you know, doing the thing, and was at this point in my career I was managing union and it was really wearing me out. For the people that are on the other side of union, they'll feel me pretty is beat me up. And I was getting some career fatigue and kind of questioning things and you know, just going through it in my forties, so I guess that's normal. So coincidentally, listening to a lot of the stoic stuff, you know, Jordan Peterson, you know, just learning, you know, and the point was, you know, I was born and raised Christian, but at this point, you know, I'm an adult. We're not active. I'm just kind of just going through life and whatnot. So Jordan Peterson had an interesting quote. It was talking about strength, and he was talking about you really want to be strong, be the strongest man, to be the strongest person. As your father's funeral. I don't know if you've guys heard that quote, but coincidentally it stood out to me, and you know, I went to work, was telling my guys that work, oh yeah, you know, donad I'll talking about strength. I was just trying to you know, build my team and whatnot. Well, about a week or two later, my father passed, so obviously I figured out why, you know, why I heard that. You know, God had put that in my path clearly, and it was one of those things where I was, I was there, you know, I got the call I had to come to the hospital and be with him, and was there with my mother, and then you know, we went back to the house and we got the phone call, please come back. He didn't make it, And uh, what do you do? You know, I'm the youngest, I'm I've got a older brother, I've got a not a big family, not really super close, and I'm two hours away, you know, my my wife and kids here at house. I'm I'm in Lynchburg, And uh what do you do? You're right there at it, You're right there facing it. So all that kept going through my head was that Jordan Peterson quote. And then you know, I think I think I even emailed. I know he probably never saw it, but I emailed Jordan Peterson was like, man, your quote got me through it. Man. But but yeah, I just I sucked it up, was there for my mom. You know, got through the funeral was impossibly difficult, having to pick out things and not ball. You know, I just had to be the rock. So I got through it, got my family through it, and then of course I started cracking. You know. It was probably two or three months into it, we went to Disneyland and it just it just smashed me and a lot of stuff obviously started piling up, and then I just had to take a take a little bit of time off. It took two months off to just clear my head, and it was it was super tough. And a job opportunity came across and it was absolutely perfect. Absolutely point of all this was like, I've never done comic books or anything. I was just a career guy at this point, one hundred percent never done anything like this in my life. So anyways, job opportunity comes across and it's perfect, has has uh a lot of opportunities for me, for my family. Just it was perfect. And I'll explain. But and I knew that it was from God. I just I could tell. I just and I said, you know what, I feel like you've been knocking. I feel like this has been going on for a while. I'm down. Whatever it is. You know, I I'm the guy now, my father's past. You know, I've got a lot of responsibility. Now let's do it. Let's do it. Whatever it is, whatever it is, we'll do it. So he got a backtrack of hair. I forgot to mention. So right around like right before my father passed, writing was was really on my heart for some odd reason. Obviously I can't say odd because we know why, but it was, it was really really on my heart. And that was when I was going through trying to figure stuff out, and I was googling how to write a script because just I just I could. I just want to write for some reason. And then every once in a while I would have this thought of like David Glythe, like just that would just you know, you'd be doing something. I'd be doing something, and just David Glithe, I didn't know what it was. So anyway, so there I am. I've done, I've done giving in told God, I'm down. So then I start trying to figure out what it is that I can do, and and I think about Aaron and Moses, and you know, at this time was because I didn't feel like I had a voice. I didn't know what I could do. I had no idea. I don't I mean, if I was led to be a preacher, I would be I don't feel like that's that's who I am. So it was like what I what can I do. So, you know, I started thinking about what I enjoy, which is MCU. I'm a big comic book guy, like to Marvel movies. I was thinking about that, and then I was thinking about how there's not a lot of really good content out there in that in that light, and then I started thinking about the whole Dave and Goliath thing. So I'm like, all right, well, I guess that's what you've been telling me to do. Let's do it. So yeah, I just had to. I had to. I had to figure it all out, the entire step. And there's a lot of crazy stuff that I do want to share with you guys, with things that happened through this of what I learned. So but just in a nutshell, yeah, my father passed a really hard time in my life, and and and the calling was to put the word out and that the form that it took was a comic book.
Speaker 4: That's powerful, man. You always It's something that I like to always make sure people understand is that everybody has a testimony, right, everybody does. So whatever that testimony is, and some people can say there's this, there's a small there, they can say that it's it's not that big a deal. Or they can have gone through something like you said, something very difficult that brought you to where you are, and God can use very terrible things and bring something amazing out of it on the other end. But when you talk about this and you bring out your testimony, I think it's so important that people hear this because they have to understand that when they feel those nudges, when they feel that push, there's a reason, like don't ignore it. The Holy Spirit pushes on you, and the more that you ignore it, the more that you kind of hide behind that. All you're doing is postponing what God's plan is for you, how He can use you. And that's really our whole calling in our life. I mean, that's that whole ax lifestyle. It's the Great Commission all over again. If God's pushed you to do something, and God's put things into your life that have inspired you, whether they're positive or negative, but they have inspired you one way or the other, don't hesitate.
Speaker 5: Jump on that.
Speaker 4: So I commend you on that. I think that's a pretty awesome thing that you followed through on what God's plan is for you. And the crazy part is what God's plan is for you today in two months. It could be something totally different. So you just have to be you have to be ready, you have to be aware and have to be listening. You pray and you listen. You pray and you listen. But I commend you on that. So I think that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that. It was. It was crazy, you know. So yeah, you just you get this calling like to your point, and you either do it or you don't. It's something that I've really learned through all this is like the the the gravity of not you know, that's that's something that like unless you like really really deep into study and you know in your personal relationship with God, you may not know that. But to not act on faith, to not do what you're called to do again, I I was told to write the David and Glith book on purpose, I believe because of the story of faith, because of what we're talking about, because of these conversations, because that's thousand percent the story, the point of that story. But like the gravity of that and yeah, yeah, to not follow through or to be like Gideon and keep asking for uh another signs and then it comes back and it's like, all right, well, you only going in with three hundred now. And that's something that kept playing through my head this whole time, because there's a there's a one time that I asked, wasn't you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, man. You know what, I'm gonna tell you what, I'm a I'm I'm human. I'm human as much as I would love to not be and make and and make dumb mistakes. You know, I've tried. I've tried, I do it a million times. One great thing that happened, one of the many things so wrote the book. The artwork comes out and it's I was going for like a black and white sin city kind of thing, and it it.
Speaker 3: Well, not to interrupt you, but just while you're on that subject, start to finish.
Speaker 2: What kind of timeline was you looking at with this book?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, absolutely. So I start to finish, I would say probably a year and a half, like total, like absolute to total. So I didn't say anything to anybody. I got to my family. My my kids were I we're pretty close. So I kind of kept a secret from my kids and my wife and I didn't, you know, I just I was writing. I was googling how to write a script, going back at comics to kind of get an idea of rhythm and stuff like that, and uh and and just just write and writing. And eventually I got the confidence faith right, Eventually I got the confidence to bring it up to my wife and was like, hey, got something kind of crazy going on, kind of being led to do something. And you know, we got a great relationship about My wife's my best friend. She you know, that's something else too, is when guys working on you, he's working on the other person too. You know, it's a hand in hand. You know, you gotta be ready and uh and and she she was super down. It was it was incredible, you know what I mean to just be like, yeah, hey, you know, let's let's see what's going on. And uh. Anyway, so where am I at? So talk to her about it, and then things started kind of getting the rolling. I started reaching out for artists, kind of looking and and you know, I don't know anybody, so I'm just doing the social media thing. I'm on Instagram looking at artists. And I knew this whole thing would the whole thing would be lead, it would be feelings. So I would just I would look at artists and kind of you know, I if I felt it, or I would reach out and talk to people if I felt the conversation, reached out to a gentleman, and and that's a good story. That's a good part of the story. So kind of having some my beginnings of doubts, you know what I mean, Like, I got this thing going. I've talked to my wife, We've talked about the financials. Excuse me, I said that Funky I funded the whole thing too, So we started talking about the financials and all that. Reaching out to artists, talking to a couple of people, and I'm kind of hitting some hitting some walls. Not really, you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Not people thousands of dollars, Oh my.
Speaker 5: Gosh, it was. It was. Yeah, obviously money is a big thing. I didn't want somebody to be focused on the money. I didn't want them to be doing it for the money. I want them to be into it, you know, because because again, this is not a normal book. It's not real wordy, it's it's very visual on purpose. The colors mean something, everything means something. So it was more than just a book. I wanted somebody that was going to get into it. And uh, this was my first one of the first great signs gave me sent it the dude he was, you know, I didn't hear from a couple of days. And at this point I'm like, okay, what am I all right? You know, maybe I'm wrong here. You know, I started kind of doubting myself. Well, I'm sitting on the couch, it's Friday night, next to my wife. My phone's on the side of the couch, and through my doubts and all my everything that's going in my head, it went, check your email. What I'm learning is it's not always you know, smoking lights and thunder. Sometimes it's just your your words in your head. But it's coming from God. So check your email. And I just remember being like, okay, yeah, I really heard that, and I'm really gonna sit here and check my email. Okay. So I grabbed my phone. I looked. Not only was it an email from him saying he was down, he was very much into the script, very much liked it, and was really excited to do it.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, is Steve from the dig Bible podcast. I really hope you guys are enjoying the content, but also the sound quality. It's drastically improved since I handed that duty over to the Handcrafted Audio. If you've enjoyed the quality of the show and have any audio or editing needs, reach out to Jason at the Handcrafted Audio at gmail dot com and as always, keep digging.
Speaker 5: So right off the bat, I'm like, okay, you know, I'm sorry. I doubted. I'm sorry, my bad. So anyways, we get to roll in in doing the art, getting all that going out, and then we get to the black and white part and this is this is super super huge for me. It just didn't have the right feel, didn't have the right It wasn't given you guys have seen it. It needed color.
Speaker 3: Uh so you just keep talking, I'll showcase it.
Speaker 2: I'll be the van of white here.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, so I yeah. And then you kind of got to go back to the drawing board. You got to get somebody else involved, and you got to talk to them. And I don't want to focus on money. Obviously, this was about the story. It was not about money. You know, if it costs me a million dollars whatever, Like I knew I had to get this out, So it just it didn't didn't feel like it was going the right directions. So again it goes through my head. You do it you colored? Like how am I? Okay, like I I've never colored. You know, that's not me. I'm you know, I'm an already guy, but that not like that. You know, I can cut and well you know machine, but that's not me. So yeah, I talked to my best friend, talked to my wife, and I was like, hey, I got this feeling that I should paint this thing. You know. She's like, okay, that's what you think you should do. I So I'm laying in bed that night and I'm like, what am I doing. I'm I'm I wrote a comic book. I'm gonna paint a comic. What am I doing? What am I doing? What am I doing? And I said, just make a sound or something, just let me know I'm doing the right thing and we'll be good. And uh, I live in a neighborhood and uh, you know, you can kind of hear like somebody's door shut and kind of kind of faintly hear that. So I heard that, and and then you know, for a split second, and I was like, well, you know that's a that's a card door. Damn. I got hit with what I would say is a trumpet, plain and simple as I'm sitting in front of you, gentlemen right now. I heard a very powerful trumpet. It was just this one note, so you know, I say trumpet for for the visual, and I felt it. It was so loud that I felt it and it locked me up. I just I just hunked her down, and it came with ah. You know, in the Bible, whenever anybody sees an angel or the or God, they always say the same thing. Drop. Yeah. I dropped to my knees. I put my head, my face down like they everybody honkers. I felt that. I immediately felt that. And I'm not that kind of person, you know, if flight, I'm you know, I'm pretty good. But it humbled me. It was soap and I just I knew thousand percent like it wasn't a sound, it was a feeling, you know. And right off I said ten four understood, and uh and just and and you know, obviously just kept on rolling, got the paint, got everything put together, and and then had to get into you know, I had to do the lettering and all that stuff, get it all out. But uh, yeah, yeah, he pretty much pointed me the whole direction all the way through through it. Finding the printer, finding the printer to print out the watercolor sheets. That was led like like the whole thing. It was crazy.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, and that's I mean that truly is a step of faith, right, stepping out to do something that you have never done, and you're doing something that you're gonna finance to put this out, and and you're like, Okay, God, this is something I'm not this is not my field, this is not what I'm supposed to do. But yet no, and then you hear this trumpet and all I can think of what I hear of a trumpet is like, oh, he's back, Like that's all I can. You know, you think about a trumpet, you think it's game over, but something like that, and you just know that's the sign from God to say, boom, all right, I'm gonna do it. And it's another step of faith. Even when you know God's pushing that direction, it still takes that faith. You still got to step out because it is a very very difficult thing. When you can, you can ask for all the signs you want. Look at Gideon, you know, Gideon, how many times did he say that over and over and over and over again. Gideon wanted to sign, Gideon wanted to sign, and each time God's like, oh, he's gonna take another you know, something else away. But in the end he still shows I am God. You just gotta you just gotta walk in faith. So I think that's that's another that's a pretty powerful thing as well. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate it. Oh, it was monuments. And again the really really broke it down to the gravity, the gravity of what the story was and and what I was supposed to talk about, and and the details missed and too and and and to go into that was really interesting. And the genealogy I know that, you know, I got a backtrack of hair. So Romans twelve six, you guys familiar. He talks about gifts and talents, and I just I want to I feel compelled, so I'm gonna do it. I just want to thank God right the second because he just he He's put this journey has been so powerful. Romans twelve six was talking about gifts as a distribution center manager. I've I've known what I'm good at, I've learned what i'm good at. I'm really good at nitpicking details. I am really good at. If you got you need an efficiency in your operation. I'm your dude, I can I'm I was taught grains of sand. Was was kind of how my management style was to focus on grains of saying, because you can't be the same as everyone else looking at the same thing. You gotta get to find details. Well, I eventually through this book learned that He's given me discernment, discernment that I'm able to really pick stuff apart, figure stuff out, going through the going through the Bible, reading the Devin Glives story. You know how many times how many times I read that story, writing the writing the book, as you saw, I focused on specifics. I even put in a book that I took. I took liberties. I wasn't shown to talk about the entire story. You guys know, the armor, there's a lot of a lot of that's a big, big, big story. I focused on keep saying that the same word, but the faith of it. If you if you really look at how I broke down scenes, the scene with Samuel talking to God, you see all you see was God's words. You didn't see Samuel talking on purpose, because I wanted it to be that one hundred percent God as God was telling him to do it. He was grabbing at heffern, he was heading on down the road. And then, not to give away a whole bunch of the book, but when David meets Goliath, I put a whole lot more written there, man, because what would you do if you're standing there in front of a twelve to fifteen to sixteen to twenty foot twenty five foot person, You know, you got to walk in their game face. So I wanted the whole thing to be based on that. And that's again to go back to the discernment and think about the Amalekites. Something that bothered me a lot going into the story was always hear about, you know, oh Gods a genocidal god, because he's calling for the Amalekites to be you know, blah blah blah blah blah. Dig into that story, my friend, they were cannibals. They were cannibals. I came across something very interesting. There was a tenth century I guess I ain't even gonna say his last name. It was a tenth tenth century Jewish scholar that was breaking down the Bible. And he was really he was credited for really in depth studies and he Likedshi.
Speaker 2: Sadian was it Rashi?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got his. I got his five book series over here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I used it.
Speaker 2: I used it as references.
Speaker 3: In my book that I'm about to put out, the Epic of Esau, and about the.
Speaker 2: Whole reason of the killing of the animals. Is that where you're.
Speaker 3: Going, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: So and he even calls the Malachites shape shifters, and and and you know, it's like, oh, you know, blah, well when when else is it been called for the the animals, the babies, everybody to be gone. Not it's a for genealogy obviously, but but b yeah, they they were shape shifting cannibals, they were nephilim, and that they yeah, exactly, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see.
Speaker 3: I always interpreted that as you know, they were sleeping with their livestock too, so they were swapping DNA. So they didn't want to sacrifice an animal with nephelum DNA possibly you know, or even eat it because you know they're digesting it, so just kill it, which I mean, that does make sense. But then when I read that and said that no, they were witches, they were shape shifters.
Speaker 2: And so they would. He even went into detail saying.
Speaker 3: That they would transform into animals to evade capture. So he was like, now I'm pulling out all stops. Everything's going to die.
Speaker 5: See men. Yes, And this is where the discernment comes in because think about the pigs, think about Legion. All of those details are connected, and that's what I'm learning. Go down to exactly what we're talking about right now. You go on down their second Samuel twenty three thirty, and you got the lion lion like men of Moab. So David and his thirty seven Mighty Men are cleaning up you know, scram scramblers or whatnot. And one of David's Mighty Men takes out two lion like men of Moab and a lion. So right off the bat, that's completely separate. It would have been like a group of lions or a group of this is this, and it was that. Then you look at Moab and where they come from, and you know they're God chim Osh. And if I said that right, probably didn't. And then the fact that we know through cultures that gods were experimenting on people and stuff, it's like, yeah, lion like min and Moab and that's a small detail. You could just be reading. Oh yeah ya da da da da dah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was figurative. I was just talking about their bravery.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, yeah, they're just talking about the bravery exactly exactly. And that's yes. You look at Esau, how about everyone? Everyone they talk about in the Bible. When they talk about their their animals, they'll they'll name it specifically. Oh, you know, he was he was pitch, sheep, hid cattle. You know. You know the point I'm making. Well, Genesis thirty six, six through seven, they talk about Esau taking his beasts and his substance that he got from Canaan. Beasts. Well, if you look at beasts, they're not usually used in that context of ownership. Beasts are like the beasts of the land. Or you talk about Behemoth and Leviathan, and that's God's saying wild. Yes, So you got Esau walking around with beasts and substance from Canaan, and then you go on going down there to numbers thirteen and thirty one, and you know, it's like, all right, so what's in Canaan? It's like and that's again another lesson I learned in this in this book, was like he was. He's given them each pointing these things out to me. And I told you, guys, I got that blog too that I work on, and it's just these wild little things that I come across and they stand out to me. The other day, I start.
Speaker 3: Pumping my arms too, because we're running together. I've perked up a little bit since we've got into this. Yeah, the whole nifflum DNA corruption East. I've been really deep diving into that here recently.
Speaker 5: Okay, so fine details, right, Genesis twenty five thirty. Therefore, what's his name called Eaton? Okay, you know a big deal, right, No, that's a huge deal. Think about everybody that gets renamed in the Bible. They get renamed. Abram becomes Abraham, and he's Abraham the rest of the time. So Rai becomes Sarah, Jacob becomes Israel, and they get But they say, therefore his name was called ed. He was never called eat On. I don't think that that's what that really means. If you look at that sentence and it says and Esau said to Jacob, feed me, I pray thee with that same red potage, for I am faint. Therefore his name was called Eatom. I think that is more of means red. I think it's more of a desire for red, because thing about the context that it's being used, and he's saying, I don't care about nothing else, but I need that right there. I pray THEE give me that. Therefore he is called eat On and eat is red. But then he goes he he has canaan Nite wives, and then his son has Canaan Nite wives. Bam, bam bam. Do you have the Amalekites who are cannibals.
Speaker 3: So yeah, war right, clans he married into were known giants. And even when you get into eat them that is red. You know, you could easily say allegorically that is a bloodlust. And their name Malakite, you know, is the blood liquors. And you get on down the line with all that. And then in Exodus they talk about, you know, don't seek out necromancers, don't drink the blood, and they say that repeatedly, repeatedly. They talk about these dancing goat demons. That's because they were in the land of the Edomites, and that's what they did. They were shape shifting witches that drank blood and they were dancing goat demons. And you know, e Sau was a hairy quote unquote man that inner bred with giant clans. I talked about this in my book. He would have thrown in the very least, he would thrown some very strange pups.
Speaker 5: Look to your point, if you were gonna trick somebody, if you were gonna trick somebody with an animal, you're gonna pick probably a sheep, right because think of at the wall. Have you ever petted a goat? M hm, you know what I'm talking about. So yeah, that's that's a very yes. That is another huge small detail. If you're gonna trick somebody, you just want to trick. Oh man, he's harry. You're gonna go with something. You know, Eas Sau was a different fellow. And it's it's there and and it's there and and God bless or, we're missing all these details. I mean, we're you know what I mean, We're getting them out there. But it's it's it's crazy, the the what is there and and and and unfathomable? Right this we already know that this dude was wild. This was a beastly guy. He gave everything up for some red and and yeah, that's crazy as to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you get into the book at your ashure, the whole reason that took place is because he bumped into Nimrod. Nimrod was a mighty hunter. Esau was labeled a mighty hunter of the field, and the Book of Jasher says that Nimrod looked upon Esau with the hatred and jealousy all of his days. So the way it worded it was like Nimrod was hunting the wild man Esau for like bragging rights in a trophy, and they end up fighting to the death. Esau kills Nimrod and steals the garments from the Garden of God, which is the birthright of the favored son. And that feels in the whole context of that story in Genesis when he comes back and he's so desperate to just trade his birthright for this bowl of suit because he says, you know what, use is a birthright to me when I am dead? And Jacob's like, promised me, promise me. Now he's all urgent and stuff, because that's why he just fought three yeb l Rheim three giants for the garments of God and probably was about to die from from wounds sustained in battle.
Speaker 4: Or they thought they were gonna hunt him down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's probably a combination of the two. So he you know, how he was bleeding red, about to die and just traded everything to his brother. And I think that was kind of like allegorically, not just not just food, it was you know, feed me, shelter me, bandaged me up because I'm about to die.
Speaker 5: You know. And you mentioned the blood too, And I heard something the other day about how it's really interesting how like, you know, evil is always the mirror image of good, and then you know they always take things and that's how they mock and whatever. And then you look at like vampires and how that's so it's oh, you know, I know this movie's and is this and is this? And it's so it's teen pop culture. And it was like breaking it down, how like that's like an outward, uh bastardization of of of God and the bloodlines because like that is a sacred thing. And then it really makes you think, you know, like genealogy, with a term called atavism, is basically like dormant genes where something has passed through through bloodlines and it takes a specific stress to bring it out. It may never bring it out or you know, come out and you you and I feel like that's probably what happened with with Esau and anybody else that was ing justin the bloodlines. And I mean think about Moab and how that even started or how that was ancestual when they already you know, God already made that that cutoff was like you can't do this anymore, and that's what happened. So I wonder if that's like, actually, what what was spurring some of this flam DNA that was in people that skipped generations? Because I think man going through these stories looking at again David's mighty men, I think that's an incredible detail that we keep missing. I think most of his men were Nephlim, like Good, you know, obviously just wanted to do the right thing. You even see Solomon Solomon used Nephelum labor essentially and uh, I don't have it with me good my blog. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of those tricky things is with the interpretation is because you know, gibble reem was you know, a word that was used to describe the Nephelom giants, but at the same time, you know, it was used to describe Mighty Warriors too, So it's one of those one of those muddy things it's like to try to decide for, you know, the the Mighty Warriors from the giants.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think it was just a culmulation. It was just a motley crew because it was just getting watered down. And I believe that that's why the most recent within the past couple of centuries of or like eighteen to twelve foot, because twenty foot the big monsters that already got watered down.
Speaker 2: I think essentially, see, have you got anything asking?
Speaker 5: I've no.
Speaker 4: You guys are this is this is your u this is your jam, Justin, this is what you've been focusing on lately. So I love to see you two like giddy little school girls going after it here. I love it because because man, you guys both hit your same the same nerve and went with it. So what I think is cool and that same perspective and talking about things like shape shifters, like the ideas of where vampires came from, you know, or at least the because everything you know, even in mythology, there's always something that triggers that mythology, right, and me and Justin have talked about this a bunch of different times in different ways, but you know how many times they talked about not drinking the blood. You know, if you go through Norse culture, they would drink the blood of their enemies because it would give them their strength, they said, you know, it was their life force. You see this throughout history, and I definitely don't think that that's done at this point in time. I still think there's groups that still do such things. But if you go back through and it makes me kind of makes me wonder because I've always said the same thing about mythology. If you look through mythology, we see giants in Roman you know mythology, We see it in Greek mythology, we see it, and pretty much everybody's history, Native American mythology.
Speaker 5: There's giants.
Speaker 4: There's always giants. But I think, and this is something between the Book of Jash or a book of Enoch. And then you know that we have that Genesis six four and then eight verses later that the flood has to come and kill everything. We get such a little blip of what happened. But because I think everybody knew back then what had happened, So I look at things like you know, we we glorify things like centaurs, the minotaur, all these different things, and we're talking about a clan in the Bible that was a shape shifting clan. This stuff was true, this stuff was real. You know, this stuff in mythology was there. We like to turn it and glorify it and put it to a I don't know, a package that, oh, it's good entertainment, but it's not. It didn't really happen. But people like to forget how supernatural this world is, and this supernatural world that we're living in, just because most people deny that we're living in it now because they don't it's it's it's fantasy to them, does not mean that it's not still had exact way today. It's just hidden from the majority of us because you know, the greatest trick that devil ever pauld was let the world think you didn't exist. And I think that's kind of where we're at now. But I think that that's a fascinating thing because you can see this culturally across the board, this same thing, this same idea, and it plays right into what you guys are talking about.
Speaker 5: You know, something bothered me when I was a kid, was on Wednesdays and Sundays, I would hear about Salomon's temple and wine presses and you know, walk on water and stuff like that. And then I'd go to school and I would hear about how we could barely even do nothing ben the wheel, you know, lucky to make it past ten. It just wasn't clicking. It's just like, all right, who's right who's wrong here? Because it's a completely different story. And I'm you know, as a kid, I remember just asking it was like, oh, well, you know, you get told whatever you get told, And I was, I was thinking about it. You know. It's like, it's to your point. You have a conversation with somebody and you bring up mythology, doesn't matter what from what area. You know, you have a conversation, you bring up a conversation about God and Jesus. It goes exactly one specific direction, you know, unless it's a believer. But you know the point I'm making, why is that? Why is that? Why is it? You can have a conversation with somebody about a centaur, you know, or a cyclops and it'd be like, oh, you know, blah blah blah blah, blah. But then you bring up this like oh no, no, no, no, no no, and it's it's twofold, but I guess you know it comes from the same same place. It's it's like you said, uh, the making it what it uh, making us believe that God didn't exist? So how how how did we get to this place where you can bring up all this stuff and that is it is accepted that it came from somewhere. And then that whole and New Naki conversation drives me freaking crazy because they have something wrote down. First, well, you ain't read the Bible. Jewish people, they were moving around a lot at that time. They didn't have the opportunity to write stuff down. Man, they were trying to figure out who they were. They were running from slavery. So I think that's kind of what happened, and it is happening or still is. You look at Roman culture and how did they had they get away with what they did? How did they build that well, you know, I don't know if you guys seen it, but like historians they say, it's basically like the plays and the Colosseum, and that's how they pushed their agenda. That's how they got things through. Where are we at now, what's happening now? It's the same thing. It's been happening the whole time. The whole time. I think that's what happened was they they rebelled, they came down and just were like, hey, hey, we're gods, we're God's you know, and you got to you gotta spin the story, and you got to make all these people believe that you're God's and you can do this and this, and that's why everybody has a flood story. That's why everybody has this and has that. Well, of course they do. They pulled it from here and they tricked all these thousands of people.
Speaker 6: So then you go way way way down the road and then oh yeah, yeah, you know, we came from this and we came from that, and they're just spinning it all the way through.
Speaker 5: And that's where we are now. Of how everything's so controversial in the Christian market because they've been fighting that. This is the same battle the entire time. They've been trying to trick us to get dominion, take give birthright and just kick us out playing symbol. It's been the same fight the whole time.
Speaker 1: So let's bring us.
Speaker 4: Let's bring this full circle. Your guy who wrote a comic book, David Goliath. We're talking about how this same thing is being brought up and how it is you know, it was used in in in theater and plays to push agendas. What do we see now? We see the mc U, We see you know, the comic books and the movies they're making out of this. And what are they?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: What what was Thor?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: What are these these? They present themselves as super powered beings, some of them actually depicted as gods like Thor, and there are saviors. This is what this that's the onanachy lie right. They're they're coming to They're they're coming to give the knowledge that the gods were we're not willing to give them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's it's the Prometheus idea, it's the you know, he's bringing fire that the gods wouldn't get.
Speaker 5: Everybody.
Speaker 4: It's all these different references of how they're going to save us. But they're presented as you know, basically, they're presented as gods. I mean all of them to some degree, even though there some of them are you know the Iron Man, you know, he's Tony Stark whatever, but you have a a you know, Hulk. You know, he's superhuman strength. Something happened, but he's a superhuman strength and he's there. He can do all these things.
Speaker 3: You know, Tony, he's more interesting, I think because he's just a normal human and he fulfills Satan's promise you shall be as gods, and he done it all on his own. Technology A brought him there.
Speaker 4: Technology will increase. I mean, we're seeing these things, I think, right in front of us. And if you go back through the movies over the last I don't know, twenty thirty years, you can see that, you know, ten fifteen years later we start seeing things are they kind of was kind of foretold, you know, things like this. You can go back before that and look at Jules Verne and he's telling us these things other like submarines and helicopters and things like that, and all of a sudden, here they are, and you just wonder where that information comes from. So I think it's pretty cool to think about. I think it's a little scary at the same time, because we know this stuff is prophesied, that these things are going to happen, that things are going to you know, knowledge will increase, and if we've noticed anything knowledge other than the Bible, increasing usually doesn't lead us to good places. Not saying things, but things like the internet can be a powerful thing. They're amazing. If it's used for good, it can be used for good. But the Internet more often than not is used for an evil purpose. And it's you know, there's a dark underbelly to everything that we see. So I think it's just really important to look at that muse that because like Justin just said, there's nothing new under the sun. This stuff has all happened before. It's just, you know what, we have different technology, so we're seeing it. It's the same thing. It's just in a different package, and it's escalating.
Speaker 5: You know. It's crazy. You look at ancient sculptures, rock carvings and stuff, and they always have this like mysticism of like UFOs. Right, we've seen those like oh, this and this, and then you go on down the road and then here we are doing the same thing. I thought about that the other day. It's like we're doing the same thing. We haven't gotten any further in that whole UFO debate. Since rock carvings and cave paintings, we haven't seen UFOs. UFOs have not come down here. We have not made connections with people from another planet. But the entire time that we have records of history, we've been chasing that to me, and you know, to go back to lessons from the Bible, learning to look at things differently. That's on purpose, man, That is on purpose. That is a you telling me, you're telling me. In twenty twenty four, we have not figured out or found any shred of evidence how they made the pyramids at this point. That's on purpose. I saw a YouTube video the other day. It's New New Discovery, New New Tomb Discovery. Forgive me, I can't remember what it's called, but it's that sardinque guy that he's the whole Egyptologist. Well, anyways, they're in there, they're finding this new tomb, and everyone's looking at the two sculptures, statues, whatever, and the camera guy he's panning around and when he pans, that light goes across the wall and his giants painted with people, regular people. You can see it plain as day. And you can see him just paying and pan on the back and look back at everybody else and it's like, you know it either is or it isn't. There's no in between, and it's like.
Speaker 2: People had no depth perception.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we we it's on purpose that we don't know how the pyramids we are. It's on purpose. We don't know about the UFO. It's on purpose because it all comes. You can't talk about this without bringing up God. It's gonna come. So they can't and you know who they is, but they can't come out and be like, yeah, yeah, who we are because that's the other part of that. So they have to keep tricking us into the UFO thing and blah blah blah. It's like we've been chasing these things forever. It's it's on purpose now, man, it's plain and simple, the same thing. You know, as you said, nothing new under the sun. They've been doing the same thing, tricking humans. Because that's the thing about humans. You know, God says that it's in our hearts. It's who we are.
Speaker 1: That's why we're not purpose suffer from lack of knowledge. Yes, and and we're dealing with higher entities, you know what I mean. They're they're they're our elder brothers.
Speaker 5: Basically, it's in it's in our nature to worship or to look to something. It's just who we are, it's how we were made obviously. So then you get these sneaky dudes sliding in like, hey man, I'm a UFO, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's again leather jackets the.
Speaker 5: Way you said that. Yeah, but but I mean you think about that, and nothing's changed that we have not broken that barrier this entire time. It's got to be on purpose.
Speaker 4: But look at the look at the you know that Ancient Alien show now has been out for like thirty seasons something crazy.
Speaker 2: They just confront Georgio. Man, oh you know.
Speaker 5: It's like, dude, come on, come on, you know there won't be no sequel, Like, what do you got? You got nothing new?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, me and Steve found out that that guy mentioned aliens at Georgio or whatever. He's going to be in our area for some kind of convention. Me and Steve's gonna bum rush him and hit him with the truth. He already knows the truth that we're gonna let him know that we know, we.
Speaker 5: Know you can give him the real truth. That'll be a very fun conversation. M hm. One of us has got to run up.
Speaker 4: We're gonna wrap them with cameras like, great, there, all right, tell us so it'll be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, like before we close out and uh the wrap back to the book. For those that are asking this question, you know, there's been several you know, books and retellings of this David and Goliath story.
Speaker 2: Besides the artwork.
Speaker 3: What is different and unique about your book that would want some to get this and who is the target audience in your mind?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Great question? Why? Uh? I wanted to do something completely different. I wanted to focus on the major details that we keep going skipping. I wanted to as a guy that for fourteen years was challenged on giving the why to everything every single day, you know, zeests management is why. Uh, That's what this book was, was the why. I wanted to fill in the gaps that that were you know, lack of a better term, missed in this story and why this toy? Why is David Goliath such an impactful story? Why is it so important? You know, is it just the fact that he killed the Giant? Absolutely not, absolutely not if you look, you know, no spoilers, but I don't even use Goliath's name in the story. It's not not once mentioned because he's not important what's important is the walk with God. So that's that's why somebody would would enjoy the story. And that's why I want people to read this story is because it's it's it's a connection. I feel like it's not just a book, it's not just a comic book.
Speaker 1: It's a plugain all the fringy too.
Speaker 3: That was my perspective when I seen it. I'm like, you're getting this story and you're actually getting it from an ancient Jewish perspective and getting that the supernatural and quote unquote fringe stuff in there. And I love the application because it's palpable for young adults and that these are the next generation that needs to know these things that that we're just learning in our late thirties and forties exactly.
Speaker 5: Thank you, yeah, out yeah, because that that was That's how I felt close to the story and to David, you know, going with with the Hebrew and and staying with the Orthodox Jewish Bible. I wanted to be there. I wanted to There was a lot of blood, man, it was a it was a.
Speaker 4: That's the whole Old Testament.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, sex and blood and how beautiful they say, get biblical vin Gay going on in the ancient times.
Speaker 5: Yes, we we. Uh. I feel like I feel like God was telling me we got to start talking more about this stuff. We got to start talking about the gritty, the stuff that we don't want to talk about. We need to start talking about it. So, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Got a whole universe here, dude. I mean, I don't know how far you want to go with this. And if you haven't thought of this, allow me to tee it up for you. You keep talking about d C you know, verse and everything else. I mean, this could be fbu you know, fringy biblical universe, and you could do like a whole series of these short story comics. And it's just all all the fringy topics that me and Steve and our podcast talk about all the time, everything from falling angels to the Demi gods, to the Nephelom giants, to the shape shift and Amalekites. The possibilities are endless with this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've no thank you. That's that's the goal. That's I'm in it to win it. You know, I told God, I'm down. I I've got a really cool uh Daniel stories. It is just on Daniel three and four chapters three and four is just like when Nebukanzer turns to the the man beasts and stuff. Got a really cool one, yes, and I've got a fun one I'm working and on. It's Jonah, but it's Jonah and Leviathan. So I'm really focused on, you know, as you said, the frenzy. I'm focused on like the really abstract, the stuff that's there that we keep missing. You know, you check here and you check here, and then everything's connected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you need some characters for concept art me and Steve, will you depict us in your fringy Bible universe?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I appreciate that. Yeah, I can be the whale.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Let everybody know where they can find your right, where they can find five Stones, where they can follow you, where they can follow your blog. Let everybody know where they can get in touch.
Speaker 5: With you, Yes, sir, so, five Stones dot big Cartel dot com is my e commerce site for the book. I'm also on Instagram, e Adam Ferris and uh a blog if you have a second. I really appreciate you guys checking it out. It's Eadamferris dot substack dot com. I've got a bunch of stuff up there. It's really it's really important to me. I'm having a lot of fun writing this blog and crazy things that I'm finding in there. You know, everybody had a second please check it out. Awesome.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you man so much for coming on. This has been an enlightening conversation. I didn't know where it was gonna go, but you know what, it always is exactly where God needs it to go. So we appreciate your time and justin as.
Speaker 2: Always, keep digging well.
Speaker 4: Thank you for listening to the Dig Bible Podcast. Questions, comments for future episode ideas, we'd love to hear from you at the Dig four two three at gmail dot com. If you enjoy our content, don't forget to share, subscribe and check out our Facebook group at the Dig Podcast. Remember, you can't lean on a shovel and pray for a whole.
Speaker 5: You gotta dig