Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio Appause.
Speaker 2: Like ducks and birds and stuff can get their little heads stuck in them. Yeah they don't, well they do. There's pictures of it. So I cut them, so there's something.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I do that too, Yeah, okay, I actually don't.
Speaker 3: And I put bait around them. Okay, of course you do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, you throw them out and you fish with them, try to catch a turtle.
Speaker 5: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle, And this.
Speaker 1: Is KFI AM six forty is a Tuesday morning, September tenth, and hopefully today today it breaks or maybe tomorrow the weather and oh man, the fires and let me say hello and I'll tell you about what's going on with the fires. Cono, good morning, good morning, and there's a Neil good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Willie Wolf.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: I don't know where Anne is, she's running around someplace.
Speaker 3: Amy, good morning.
Speaker 2: Hi Bill.
Speaker 3: What is that sort.
Speaker 1: Of purplish, you know, weird dress you're wearing. Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's a pur weird shirt that I'm wearing.
Speaker 1: It's a shirt. Okay, I can't tell because you're sitting about it. All right, I'm usually I'm usually pretty good. I give you accolades for the clothes you wear for the most part, don't.
Speaker 2: I mostly this is adorable.
Speaker 3: It's hideous. It is not it is it's just god awful.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 6: I just did the sexual harassment training last night. I'm calling HR.
Speaker 3: There is no HR. Well, there is no HR.
Speaker 5: You know, the entire the entire lesson is don't talk to handle.
Speaker 4: That's the entire HR.
Speaker 3: Dog guy.
Speaker 4: If you see him in the halls, turn around and go.
Speaker 1: Do you remember do you remember when I heeart and that in those days it was clear Channel. Uh, just after they bought it, they brought in the HR person and uh, you know, we all went in and there was the big white board they had at the front of the room, and this woman took her marking pen and started writing what you can't say? And I raised my hand and she said yeah, and I said the show. And then those days showed open A show opened at five o'clock, and I said, our show opens at five oh six. By five oh nine, I got through half of those and she said.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, you can't do that you can't do that, and I smiled and I said okay.
Speaker 1: And then with one of our salespeople, Lucy Papaisian, actually uh, and Lucy was as depraved as any guy out there. We have a few of those, and I made some ridiculous sexist remark and the woman in front of the woman, and the woman went out of her mind. But in those days, the only person that could complain was the person who was the.
Speaker 3: Target of those remarks. And Lucy never would.
Speaker 1: I mean, if anybody's going to style us, if anybody who's going to file a sexual harassments Wood, it would be against her anyway. Of course, today, if you hear anything, you're done. So as I said to Amy, how delightful her top is.
Speaker 3: All of you could go to HR if there was an HR and complain.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Anne, Hello, Hey, okay, real quickly before we jump into handle on the news, and tonight is the big debate, so we'll be talking about that for sure starting at seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: Amy, what's the weather going on?
Speaker 2: Well, there's good news and bad news, and which one do you want first?
Speaker 3: Always the bad news?
Speaker 6: Okay, So they've extended the excessive heat warning for another day fabulous. So it is in effect until eight o'clock tonight. The good news is that it is actually cooler or going to be cooler today than it has been by about five to ten degrees. And then it cools down another five descent degrees tomorrow, and by like Wednesday and Thursday, the highs are going to top out in the seventies and eighties.
Speaker 3: Oh, which is wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So last couple days I've been broadcasting at my new place. I moved to Orange County, and about half the time I broadcast outside of Burbank, I drive up, and about half the time I'm down here, and tonight i'm down here, or today i'm down here. And the Tribuco fire. I live right near Trabuco Canyon, and last night we were in the backyard looking at the top of the hill about two miles away. The whole ridge was on fire. The flames right there, I mean, just moving down the hill, down the ridge. They didn't go very far because downhill the fires don't go very quickly. They run up hill, and it was it was crazy. And the smoke, fresh smoke billowing, some black, some white smoke, and it was and there were houses right there, and you know, all I could think of as badly as I felt about those people up there. I mean, they had to be evacuated sweating bullets. At least, Thank goodness it was them and not me. But it is It is tough when you're watching a fire this two miles three miles away, It is no fun at all.
Speaker 4: You can almost feel the heat at that point.
Speaker 3: Well, it was so hot it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: It was, you know, like one hundred and ten degrees outside. It was just just horrible anyway.
Speaker 5: You know, I was in Arizona a couple of weeks back, and everybody always says, don't go to Arizona in the summer. And it was hot, but it was lovely, beautiful skies. Everything yesterday felt exactly the same here in La. It felt like a Arizona summer.
Speaker 1: I was just it was a little humid yesterday to up, isn't it amy?
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 6: I don't have the humidity levels, but it will tell you it did feel muggy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was SWITZI. It was hot, and it was a Schwitz yesterday. We don't often get that. We don't often get s fitzy hot.
Speaker 4: All right, Well it's the shorts, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah, you're swimming in your shorts. I mean, legitimately, when there's a Schwitz, it's like when it hits one hundred degrees in New York or Philadelphia, anywhere on the East coast or along the Louisiana coast. Oh man, you take a shower and you go outside and you take a shower. I mean, why even bother it's soaking through. I mean, just crazy, crazy stuff. Okay, let's do it, guys. We have tons and tons of news to talk about today, and we'll start with Handle on the News with Amy and Neil and me lead story.
Speaker 3: Well, tonight in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Is the big one and maybe the only debate that Harris and Trump have, and we will see what's happening.
Speaker 3: Everybody's awaiting what Trump is going to do. We have an idea what she's going to do, and she.
Speaker 1: Has to overcome some policy issues of which she's fairly weak on. She is and if you look at the polls, she's weak on the border, especially since she was given the mandate to take care of the border.
Speaker 3: She was the borders are didn't do very well.
Speaker 2: Oh, she doesn't she says she's not the borders are.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 6: She was named the borders are and everybody called her that for like three years.
Speaker 1: She never refuted, She never said I'm not ever. So I think she has to overcome that. The economy also, because the economy was better under Trump, There's no question about that. And so there are a few things, and I love it that what Trump's going to attack her on or those policy issues which she is attackable. I mean any candidate is. And now does he get into the personal stuff? Does he talk about a race like he has? Does he talk about how she became black?
Speaker 3: Does he talk about her laugh? Does he talk about her looks?
Speaker 1: And I think his advisors are sweating bullets. If he talks about straight policy, that I think is going to be a legitimate race.
Speaker 3: Also, the problem is he does nothing but lie. I mean he lies and lies and lies, and the.
Speaker 1: Fact checking is hopefully going to be happening with all the rest of us. I mean, you know, just crazy. The border is out of control, Well it's not. It's slowed down, you know, probably by seventy five percent. Inflation is out of control, it's under three percent.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the reality. Although inflation is already baked in. Here's the problem. You don't have to say it's out of control because that's just not true. All he has to say is, look at what happened during the Biden administration with the prices absolutely true. By the way, there is no Biden administration left. You know, it's the Harris administration. Now.
Speaker 3: Biden had very little to do with anything.
Speaker 1: It was the Harris administration, much like it was the Penn's administration during during the Trump's last sojourn. Anyway, of course, I think most of us are going to be riveted. Can you imagine what the ratings are going to be tonight?
Speaker 6: Well, it'd be interesting to see because ABC is carrying it, but everybody's carrying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Why do they make a big deal other than it's at ABC?
Speaker 3: The right dirg CV doesn't have it.
Speaker 2: And that's what you watched the night football last night? Yeah, yep, so.
Speaker 1: I watched the game a little bit of the game. Aaron Rodgers was there. How did how did they do? How'd the Jets do?
Speaker 3: Last night?
Speaker 4: I don't even know who you asked?
Speaker 3: All of you Carno you watched.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did very bad, did they.
Speaker 3: How Aaron Rodgers do not?
Speaker 2: Well, they're the Jets.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but it's Harry Rodger, he's forty. Yeah. Well then rooms all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when Joe Namath won one hundred and fifty years ago, what ended up happening?
Speaker 3: Right, and he had no knees none? Okay, okay, Well.
Speaker 6: Then here comes the next hurricane. If we're not going to talk about fires. Tropical Storm Franccene is getting closer to hurricane status as it turns toward the Gulf Coast. It's expected to hit Louisiana. Residents have already begun to evacuate. Franccene could become a hurricane sometime today and then could be a Category two storm by the time it makes landfall, which is expected to happen tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Is New Orleans directly in the past, you can get a massive hit, just like they need again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it doesn't say New Orleans specifically, but it says the coast of Louisiana, So yeah, all the way from Texas to Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not going to come a direct hit from the ocean, which Hurricane Katrina did. I mean, it was a sling shot went right down the heart of New Orleans and just devastated the entire city, which is for the most part below sea level. So that doesn't help. Yeah, the ninth Ward, remember the ninth Ward. They now give scuba lessons there.
Speaker 2: Still didn't they have a bunch of Levies break too?
Speaker 3: And yeah they did? Yeah, yep. Actually it pronounced Levi's and I thought that was the pants.
Speaker 1: There's that too, And they're also the entire Jewish community that lives in that part of the ninth Ward.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's hard to differentiate between actual information and crap you just spew.
Speaker 1: But that's our listeners and you guys on your toes trying to figure that out.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: During the break, Neil was saying, we were talking about the my Lemon Law Lawyer dot com commercials that we both do and he and I said, that's good legal advice. He said, I'm going to file a class action suit against you because your legal advice is a felony. Were funitive and punitive damages not on this case. No, when it comes to Lemon Law, I know a good lawyer when I see when it's Jessin Potter talking about pornography. In the early pornography cases. I can't describe it, but I know it when I see it.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Ministry of Health in Gaza says at least nineteen bodies a new number have arrived at hospitals from the designated menitarian safe zone in Al mawassee. Yeah, so othern Gaza there was hit by and is really strike overnight. We had heard earlier today as a civil defense and said that at least forty people were killed in the strike. The new number is nineteen. Reason for the discrepancy in the two figures not immediately clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what's going on in Gaza. Every time a civilian target has hit the Israeli say that militants were there using that as a command center, and the has never been corroborated by the humanitarian workers. They have never said, yep, there were militants where we were didn't exist. As far as humanitarian workers are concerned, there's no such thing as militants anywhere in Gaza. Now on the other side, for the first time, I've heard a story that there are enclaves, that there are little settlements where they will not let anybody with a rifle inside.
Speaker 3: Hoping that Israel does an attack.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, times first one, well, they form a security brigade and and they circle and say, no one with a gun comes in.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 1: The guy with the gun, yeah, I don't see that. That's what that's what the part I don't understand. And then Israel is saying, I don't.
Speaker 4: Sit at my door and say no one with a gun comes in.
Speaker 3: I know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: And then on the side of Israel, they're saying, we have evidence that these locations are in fact headquarters, command centers and militant bases, and Israel won't say how they got that intelligence, although you know, how do you talk about here where we get intelligence? So now a lot of this doesn't make any sense. A lot of it doesn't make sense. And then there's a horrific story about the way the hostages are being treated, those six bodies. It's being reported they were shown one tortured, the other's malnutrition, and one tied up.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just horrific.
Speaker 1: I would have thought guys, I would thought Hamas would keep those hostages in pretty good shape because of the value they have.
Speaker 3: Is hostage it's crazy what's going on on that.
Speaker 4: We're not good people.
Speaker 1: It's just the whole war. We're not going to find out what's going on. And then you have the demonstrations and Israel cut a deal with Hamas whatever they want to. Let the hostages go anyway, let's move on all.
Speaker 6: Caught on camera, a police officer is shown on a police body camera dragging Miami Dolphins wide receiver Tyreek Hill out of his sports car by his arm and head, then forcing him face first onto the ground. And all this happened before Sunday's game. So apparently Tyreek Hill was headed to the stadium. He was clocked going sixty miles per hour. So they pulled him over, knocked on his window of his McLaren sports car and he said, don't knock on my window like that, and they said, I have to knock to let you know I'm here. And then he said, just give me my ticket, bro, so I can go. I'm going to be late. Do what you gotta do. And then after that that's when he got dragged out of the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they pull him out of the car, they throw handcuffs on him, they throw them on the ground. Heads are going to roll on that one, by the way. The McLaren. Originally I thought it was a ten year old Corolla, but it turned out not to be. It was a eight hundred thousand dollars McLaren instead.
Speaker 5: With a shocker, What what was the what was the zoning?
Speaker 4: If he's only going sixty? What was it like?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I would Well, it's heading into the stadium, so it's probably.
Speaker 1: Thirty five miles an hour, forty miles an hour, I would think.
Speaker 3: So, you know, speeding, I mean for what the plot.
Speaker 1: Cops say, I believe that, But does that you know, I've been caught speeding.
Speaker 3: I've been caught speeding before and they don't handcuff me and throw me to the ground.
Speaker 4: Well that's my point, I'm saying, Yeah, I know what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, But it doesn't mean you know, whatever it was, it wasn't They weren't chasing after him because there was a police report out there where he matched the description or any that. You know, it could have been just a black guy driving an expensive car, because there's enough racism out there.
Speaker 3: Driving while black is a real.
Speaker 1: Thing, and a cop sees someone who is that wealthy and a young man, and all assumptions are being made. And the point is, if he's a star NFL player, is going to get a lie news.
Speaker 5: I did notice, though, Bill, when I saw the video that those windows were pretty tinted.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they knew if he was black inside or not.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a good question. That's a good question. I don't know that answer. It could be instead of the last. So maybe I'm being unfair of the police on that one.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, it was not a fairy tale ending for this Disney fan.
Speaker 2: Very sad.
Speaker 6: A runner who participated in Disney's Halloween half marathon died. He crossed the finish line of the race on Sunday morning around seven am, clutched his chest. They tried to revive him, took him to the hospital, but he was pronounced dead at the hospital. Thirty five year old guy Caleb Graves.
Speaker 3: Yep, Disney will kill you every time.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 6: I did the ten k and I'm fine, all right, Fine, he probably ran it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably did. So let me tell you something. They're already looking for replacements for Aiming and Neil for next week. Okay, here at KFI just give you a heads up that they won't be with us.
Speaker 5: Why because I'm sick of your anti mouthsite.
Speaker 3: You know. I just know.
Speaker 1: Listen, if I really hated it, I wouldn't make as much fun about it.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: Actually, So what.
Speaker 6: He's saying is basically he loves the top that I'm wearing today.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only the only complaint I truly have about Disney or the crowds and the prices. Other than that, I think it's one of the most amazing places in the world. And there's some things about Disney. There's nothing like Disney on a corporate level, you know, crowd control.
Speaker 3: There are people involved.
Speaker 1: In crowd control over the world that come to study at Disney.
Speaker 3: They know how to run a theme park unlike anybody else Disney. Yes, you go to Disneyland, you'll die. Okay, let's move on, all right.
Speaker 4: LT. Gray L T.
Speaker 5: Gray I E tiger that escaped Mexico Zoo near the Texas border last week has been spotted but still on the loose, so their concerned. The Hidalgo County Sheriff's office is concerned that this male Bengal tiger is still roaming around, raising concerns obviously, because it's a tiger, right, Oh and the.
Speaker 3: Loose and its name.
Speaker 1: Tiger's tony to it really is it is?
Speaker 4: They said that he's great.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: When they catch him, it's great, and they want to make sure they don't confuse him with the other tie that's running around Mexico City.
Speaker 3: And by the way, it has eaten a bunch of hens and piglets.
Speaker 2: Well, of course it has.
Speaker 3: It's a trigger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, oh Vi, what's your point.
Speaker 3: It's well said. And he's crossing the border, possibly in the Texas, making him illegal.
Speaker 4: Illegal. Build the wall, build built wall, build the wall.
Speaker 6: The wall would have stopped him, that's correct, That is true. So Cheetos have wrecked everything. People who go to Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico are only allowed to consume water inside the huge cavern.
Speaker 2: They want to keep it as pristine as possible.
Speaker 6: But somebody dropped a full bag of Cheetos, which is having a huge impact on the cave's ecosystem.
Speaker 3: Isn't that wild?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And Amy, go ahead and explain it because as quickly as you can, because this is a whole series of events.
Speaker 6: Okay, so it might seem trivial, but park rangers say the processed corn, softened by the humidity of the cave, form the perfect environment to host microbial life and fungi. Cave crickets, might, spiders, flies, They organize they that has a temporary food web because they go after it. That disperses the nutrients into the surrounding cave and the formation and molds spread up higher on nearby surfaces and disrupts everything.
Speaker 3: Cheetos, no, Freedo's maybe.
Speaker 2: And everything's orange now.
Speaker 4: Humans ruin everything?
Speaker 1: No, have you ever been to Carlsbad caverns?
Speaker 3: Nothing short of amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is actually really sad.
Speaker 1: It is sad because because the Carlsbad caverns are just insane.
Speaker 3: It's one of the world's great natural wonders.
Speaker 2: I mean, just are your Cheetos down? People? U?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: One last story.
Speaker 5: SpaceX launches Polaris Dawn cool name uh and their crew on the daring excursion into Earth's radiation belt. This is the first commercial space walk. Just took flight and yay face, are we going to.
Speaker 3: Have Rod Pyle on this? And do we know if he's coming?
Speaker 2: The email went out a half hour ago. Still waiting to hear.
Speaker 1: Back, okay, because that is a big, big space story. Also, before we go, James Earl Jones died yesterday at the age of ninety three, which is just what an iconic man and it's heartbreaking although ninety three years old one of the you know, just a great, great acting personalities of the last what fifty years and humble too, I mean, just just the nicest guy in the world. This is CNN and Darth Vader and just it goes on and on, like.
Speaker 3: Eighty films and oh that's right. He was also Mufasa. Yeah, what a character.
Speaker 1: KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.