Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, July fifteenth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Oprah's Favorite Video Game Podcast, Episode eight one hundred and ninety nine. I am your host, Jan Ohoa joining me co captain of the Ship, reporting fresh from his shift at fuckal Land. Jeff Krubb Yep, that's right.
Speaker 2: I'm one of the Fuckohs and this is our land. Also, I'm afraid of the person right now who.
Speaker 3: Is the highest on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh, this man has no fear. If anyone is high, or if they are near Dan Reichert.
Speaker 4: I can I can find the number for the police in Ohio, and I can sell to Mike's house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, that sounds good. Yes, um, gonna swat him nice.
Speaker 1: He is the most Grandpa Joe coded and I mean this in the most parentheses positive way possible.
Speaker 3: Jeff Beckler, Sorry, buddy, there's just no way you can parentheses positive Grandpa Joe like.
Speaker 5: My Grandpa Joe was great.
Speaker 3: No one cares I'm talking about the Willy Wonka version of Grandpa Joe Joe. No they don't. He is a super villain.
Speaker 1: Why, Well, that's because the linet has poisoned the well.
Speaker 2: No, the inter stayed in bed until he got a tour at a chocolate factory and they look, I can walk.
Speaker 6: Now, Yeah, exactly, just sitting there waiting the worst possible human imaginable worse take takes advantage of his I don't know if that's like his daughter or daughter in law.
Speaker 2: I just imagine Hitler staying in bed all day exactly, just being like I'm anything for the chocolate worse.
Speaker 3: That would be worse. Fine, okay, we can all agree that would be worse. Shit is what everyone needs to know. And I can't be meant to be associated with Grandpa Joe. So Jan, if you could please take that back.
Speaker 1: Our own Charlie and the chocolate factory. He's got the golden ticket for hats.
Speaker 3: Jeff Beckler, thank you, Jen for that unique first attempt at an introduction. I appreciate it, and we have the grand of games.
Speaker 5: I thought you're gonna do a chocolate factory intro for Mike.
Speaker 1: Well it's still applicable. He's gonna force you to take the fizzy lifting drink and go straight into the ceiling because he's a bad boy and he's high as shit.
Speaker 3: You get nothing, you lose good taste, sir.
Speaker 7: Hi, everyone put a camera on my butt yesterday, and now I feel funny.
Speaker 3: He's Mike TV. Everybody.
Speaker 7: I am Mike TV coded for sure, not violots.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say you're Mike TV coded you you don't go bang bang when you enter a room or anything. I guess I was.
Speaker 7: I was thinking more, this's embarrassing. I was thinking of the reboot that one I might be more like that Mike TV.
Speaker 3: Nobody thinks about the rebu you know what it's like.
Speaker 1: It's what I don't think it was bad.
Speaker 3: Wow, Johnny pod.
Speaker 7: That did like just do the most. I'm gonna play this character. He's a pedophile thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I will say that that part is weird for sure.
Speaker 1: Mike, how are you doing? Are you okay?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 1: You want a podcast for like two hours? I will say, like I was, like, time to work it well.
Speaker 7: Sitting down here is like, I do feel a little weird, but I think I'm okay. Let's see what happens. What's the worst that can happen? And I don't have the pictures on my wrecked them anywhere near me, so I won't accidentally show you them though a couple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't, don't doc your ass. Well, it looks like most it looks like most innards, right.
Speaker 4: Like like pink fleshy stuff withoop stuff.
Speaker 7: There's like, yeah, there's like some like yellow ness here and there.
Speaker 2: I suppose, guys, no, it was it was yellowness that got.
Speaker 3: You, wasn't Is that like flim of the anus?
Speaker 5: Like what is the yellowness?
Speaker 1: I don't know, poop, yellow poop.
Speaker 3: It was pretty flushed out.
Speaker 7: So it's just kind of like a residue.
Speaker 3: This is what makes.
Speaker 1: We have never gone to games this quick in a podcast in ninety nine episodes. Turns out, Yeah, I mean there's everyone else, okay, I I just don't want to talk about Mike's.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter. Yeah, nothing matters.
Speaker 7: Else, what do you want to talk about, Jed? I could talk about anything, Buddy, I'm here for you.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: That's right. Michael will murder on my my behalf right now.
Speaker 2: Hey oh yeah, okay, yeah you did do that.
Speaker 1: You seemed like you got it.
Speaker 2: All done though, jam Oh no, not okay, that's this is a facade, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is all a facade. There's but there is a little bit more room in this apartment, Yet Scout like will not leave the bottom of my chair. I cannot roll back and forth because there's like a pound of rice, a bag of rice underneath me.
Speaker 3: I get that? Is it? How when you move?
Speaker 2: Like, how long does it take dogs to like get used to the new place? Because cats will go hid her to the couch for like the first day or two, then they'll peek out for a little bit, and like a week later they're fine.
Speaker 3: Is it going to be about the same for dogs?
Speaker 1: She's a little weird because she got used to it immediately and when we move the first time last year, completely fine, no adjustment period needed at all. A little freeloader though she's not. She didn't help move any type of furniture around.
Speaker 3: Wow, piece of shit.
Speaker 1: I know, I know we could say, we can say it. Uh, everyone else have a good weekend?
Speaker 3: No? Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: Mostly, I guess they'll want to see anymore.
Speaker 2: But the prep was I was gonna ask you how many times you had to go to the bathroom, But I guess we aren't supposed to talk about that.
Speaker 5: Accumulative hours on the toilet.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, you know, I was kind of going in and out.
Speaker 7: I was tonas Proscare three plus four was my distraction game that day. I was like, all right, I'll just get some goals here, but you know, every thirty minutes or so, you have to get up and take care of that whole thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, an a portable thing. We replaying on the on the toilet.
Speaker 3: Want to take a bath?
Speaker 1: Throone and there?
Speaker 3: I didn't want.
Speaker 7: I don't like sitting on the toilet for an extended period of time, honestly, really, Oh I can't.
Speaker 2: That's bad, right, Yeah, I've had good Yeah we go, we got back there, hemorrhoids, yellowness?
Speaker 3: Can we get the hat trick? What is that? To the turkey?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The Bacler worked so hard to get on this episode because his internet was breaking. We're all feeling really bad, and now he's here, and I feel really bad because he just looks miserable for different reasons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Gubb, tell us about your asshole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, it's just doing great, guys. This is the this is the episode I told like normal people to watch.
Speaker 1: Now, why would you do that?
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, yeah, you know, this is the one. This is the one to watch. Eight ninety nine I get how is your comic book. Congratulations Jack on your comic book launch. Thank you. Uh, I appreciate that it doesn't have any duty in it. I promise you that stay.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 3: No, that means a lot. Thank you for asking. It's going great. Go check it out. Thank you.
Speaker 1: What's the name again?
Speaker 3: What's the what lies below the Lilies? You can go to it directly by visiting belowthelilies dot com.
Speaker 1: And that was really cool to see man, good job.
Speaker 2: That was just kind of fun to kind of keep an eye on that all week and see you making it happen.
Speaker 3: Very cool, dude, definitely, thank you very much. My father read it and he doesn't understand and how anything works. So if you can do it, you can do it well.
Speaker 1: You know, in the eternal words of Will Smith's parents just don't understand. I guess that's something I want to talk about.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's Dragon's Lair. The kids don't like dragons Lair.
Speaker 3: I've learned.
Speaker 7: They think it's it's lame and bad. I have a lot of respect for dragons Lair. I wanted to see how my contemporaries and my friends, my colleagues, my fellow co owners go about the seminole arcade laser disc hit game Dragons Lair.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why does it matter? I think it's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's the deal with I.
Speaker 3: Think it's novel. It's just novel. It's just because there was video, because it's novel.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they put a laser disc on arcade machine. Don Blue animated it. Don Blue was a very that was incredibly high quality animation that he made for that arcade game.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 5: What is Don blueses?
Speaker 3: No? No, he was No.
Speaker 7: He's the one who did like all the stuff Disney competed with in the eighties and nineties. So lambefore time, he did, Oh, Lambford time, he said, he did Lambford time. Anastasia, Uh right, kind.
Speaker 5: Of Anastasia was?
Speaker 3: I thought that was Disney.
Speaker 7: A lot of people do, and it bothers me immensely, But I had to learn to let that one go. Finally, it is now now Disney owns it because they bought Fox.
Speaker 3: But it was fun.
Speaker 1: D Anastasia.
Speaker 3: You watch Blew My Mind?
Speaker 7: Or was a direct to video sequel to Anastasia. Bart talked that magnificent Dom Blue directed that too.
Speaker 1: He wasn't a Buvet.
Speaker 3: He wasn't a love ith Yeah right, that's everything. I couldn't believed it anyway.
Speaker 1: Dragons Layer is no time Traveler.
Speaker 2: Give me that hologram, yes, yeah, talking me up with that little dome white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the room. I'm like, and I see those two things, I'm going right to this.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna play Dragonsler on Wega man or something and I'll show you all.
Speaker 2: The time is called time traveler, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, time Traveler was Sega right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing that in our kids. I spent a great deal of time in our kides is last week we talked about that a little bit. Maybe no, But every time I see one of those, I'm just like, why is this so volumess? Like what's up in there?
Speaker 2: Like we say, they had to be probably a big con mirror mirror, and like that's what causes the effect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird, but I love it.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of that now in the in the kid gambling games, like they do the fake screen projection stuff, like to what end? You know, there's like a like a four way sort of mirror where you can play competitively where you're sort of like jamming on buttons and the winner gets, you know, all the tickets kind of.
Speaker 2: Stuff are there, like little characters moving around a little you gotta like stomp people.
Speaker 3: There's I mean, it could be whatever it is because it's a screen. So like one mini game is like a stomper game. One mini game is like collect all the balls and then one of them is like whack them all kind of thing. Okay, for tickets, it's all about the time.
Speaker 1: I have a I have a question. If y'all will go on this thought journey with me, I'll take you thing you want, thank you? Uh is Until Dawn the spiritual successor of Dragon's Laird God.
Speaker 4: I think that's not a panic for Segacy d is Okay, Well that can be within the that's like, yeah, that's the missing link evolutionary chain there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, you know, when we got really crazy with the quick time events, like that stuff was all just dragons Layer, dragons There was just quick time events before they were.
Speaker 3: Cool and the only thing in the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. Is there more of a direct link from dragons Layer to Until Dawn or is there more of a direct link from dragons Layer to User's.
Speaker 3: Wrath Until Dawn? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Until dawn I would say story, it's like a movie. You know, they're all on the same tree, right, they branch off. You go in this direction, you get a night trap right where it's like, oh, you're gonna move cameras around, and then you go keep going and that directs you get five nights at Freddy's. But they're all sort of branching off from this, like.
Speaker 3: Sewark in that. Yeah, okay, yes, I think about sewer sharking night trap a lot. I don't know why I think.
Speaker 1: About sewer shark constantly. I love sewer shark. You a sewer shark, go up your butt?
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, sewer is charitable, sewer sharp. Okay, listen, Oh John Dykstra, he's the I l M guy.
Speaker 2: Way, why are we okay, hold on, hold on, hold down, this podcast needs to slow down. I'm sorry, where are we going from this man's ass?
Speaker 3: John dikes so fast because John Diykster directed sewer Shark.
Speaker 2: John distra Sard Squad like he did the first he did the first Star Wars, and thenone was like I feel like when you watch.
Speaker 3: That first star was George Lucas Special, I was gonna have to sit and listen for a second. Okay, Uh, he was like the first round for the first Star Wars movie, right, he was like I don't know if he was like head of the studio, but he was like definitely the driving force at ILM or what was he was?
Speaker 2: He like was George Lucas's right hand man for forming ILM for Star Wars New Hope specifically, but they do.
Speaker 3: Sort of address it in the ILM doc that like there was a bit of a falling out.
Speaker 2: They broke up, and that he didn't go up the marine for win ISLM moved Yes, that's right, and then.
Speaker 3: He's like, so instead I went and directed myself some sewer sharks.
Speaker 7: I'm more like Joe Johnson guy for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Joe Johnson was like right there. He's like on the art team and stuff like that, did everything, but not Johnson different one. Dykester invented the Dykester Flex, which is the computer that moved the camera around so that the blue screen could be captured in a way.
Speaker 3: That made the ships look like they were flying. That was him, Yeah, Yeah, he's kind of brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeff, we worked with.
Speaker 3: Daughter for a little Chloe Dykes Travel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 7: Yeah, chloing in a while in which he's up to yep.
Speaker 1: All right, well we can all agree that the name Chloe is fun because you could pronounce it cello.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Anyways, video games.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 1: I had a friend that this was a very important English English class presentation about what's it called? Just just a book we had to read? This was maybe like ap English and our grade really hinged on this. And he decided to give his presentation about the book Dante's Inferno. And if you're a first yes, it's also based off the game. Yes, and the I don't know. I guess one of the main characters is Euryticy. And I'm pretty sure it's pronounced Eurytic because I've heard it in Hadestown as well the musical.
Speaker 4: Oh it's eu r y dice. Right, Yes, I've read that a million times. In my head, it's always been uri dice, but it's you say it again.
Speaker 3: That's a very different thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a game I'm playing this week. Uh. And then the whole time he and this was like a ten minute presentation we're supposed to give to the class. He just starts saying, you're a DJ and he kind of got marked down for that, but ury Dice coming to Steam soon, please wish list it. Uh, guys, I'm still playing the horse game game. Not you, not just you. Everyone I know is.
Speaker 4: People at a wedding I went to this weekend. We're pulling out their horse games.
Speaker 3: It's a very specific wedding number one number. Can we play a little bit of catch up? I've only gotten drips and drabs of what the horse anime?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Look, maybe for the purposes of like everyone else who's just tuning in needs to be caught up, like myself. Can we just explain it like I'm five for a second and tell me what the horse game is? Horse game? Side games? Gotcha game.
Speaker 1: Developers?
Speaker 3: Side games? Yeah, got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha game? And you roll for horse girls and then you race the horse girls.
Speaker 2: They're a girl that has horse ears and a horsetail. But then when they go on the horse race. No, they don't transform into horse. They just run as girls.
Speaker 3: So they're running on two legs.
Speaker 1: Yes, because they're girls.
Speaker 3: So it's there's almost no horse element whatsoever.
Speaker 1: No. No, because then you they're in like, what what is a gate? Like in actual horse racing?
Speaker 3: That's not a horse element that It's just like, it looks very horse element.
Speaker 2: Everything is horse except for the girl. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: They're also they're also named after famous horses that race in Japan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Special Week and Gold Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine. I like horse names. They're weird and them, yes, okay, And then what about are they wearing blinders? Is there a jockey on them?
Speaker 1: That'd be weird?
Speaker 3: Of course, yeah, you're right. My mistake. Is this some sort of like Derby? Is it like, yes, Triple Crown? Yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: I have gotten to the umasume finale or the classic with I think god, what's her name? Special Week? No Super Week? No Special Week?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's Special Week obviously, so you know I remember that.
Speaker 1: Anything else there's backler. The most important part is when you win a significant race, perhaps like a G one or a G two, your horse girl will put on a little concert singing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, j pop songs. Yeah yeah, some people getting worked up about this horse game. I had a hit skeet this weekend. I was the picture of Don Coals and Jim Ross looking like shocked in the ring, and I just captured it. My grandparents watching from heaven as I play the horse Girl game and.
Speaker 1: A most people like yah haha.
Speaker 7: One person was like, I've watched Giant Bump for ten years and I'm done.
Speaker 3: I was like, what was this person pro horse Girl game?
Speaker 1: Or were they anti horse Girl or like anti grandparent?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So I tried.
Speaker 7: I tried to ask him, but I was blocked. Nobody harasses they. I just want to know, Like, I just wanted to know, Like, what do you think that like being picking on the horse Girl game? Do you think it's gross that I'm even evoking the horse Girl game? I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 2: I think it's mostly people mad that were we don't seem to get the horse Girl game. Now, Jane obviously does get it, oh more than.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you guys get it in a way that I can't even put my finger with the record. I do not.
Speaker 5: Let's make that clear.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, okay, we're just like pointing out it, like yeah, yeah, that's like one of those games where you're supposed to collect girls, and sure that's that's a thing that happens, and people can do that have fun.
Speaker 3: But we're pointing that out and everyone's like, it's not.
Speaker 2: Pervy though it's like, oh, okay, I'm sorry, but it is a game where you collect human girls.
Speaker 3: That's all. That's all I'm saying. Excuse me, they're not even judging anyone.
Speaker 2: That's right, you're not you're there horse girls. My bad, I'm not judging anyone.
Speaker 3: Go have fun.
Speaker 1: Knock yourself.
Speaker 3: Horse. Horse seers on top like horses would and then a tail. Right yeah, right, but they're not like centaurs. However, they're not like that.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, they aren't that much horse anyway.
Speaker 3: So they're not like the mermaid version of a horse.
Speaker 1: Negative. No, anyway, it's a fun game. Also, you can because of this game, people have been learned more about horse care. And also one specific horse that is currently active. You there's a link in the game to feed that actual horse, so you can send hay or like grass or whatever, and that horse has been inundated with food because of the generosity of the Umusume mussume pretty derby community. So that's pretty fun.
Speaker 2: What the game had to put out instructions to the audience to be like, if you go visit a real horse, here's like the rules of the etiquette for for how to handle a real horse.
Speaker 1: So very well, game Busters, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Going to take any We're publishing it, so that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to take any credit for it. But hey, you know, uh anyway, it had me though, So you can use all my cool friend cards because there's also a card collecting aspect. Maybe that'll hook you in backlar.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm back in and they're back in.
Speaker 1: Special shouts out to Matt Shipman that joined us for the Jantuch derby last week. Nice Jeff Grubb, I'm curious about micro dosing. Can you tell me more about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I've been microdo sing a little bit of Mico punk, and it's been like, I haven't spent a lot of time in there. I kind of want to just like get a feel for it because it's something we're probably going to play together. And I was like, okay, is this border lance? Because that's the sense I got before I actually booted it up. And for people don't know new shooter Cell shaded four player, you pick a class, it's border lance, and I think the thing about it that makes it work for me is it's very straightforward, still.
Speaker 1: Has a bit of silliness to it.
Speaker 2: They're like, there's going to be just kind of things happening in the world with characters trying to make jokes but not too over and it's not constant. But it just seems like a pair down, simplified version of border Lands that's all about shooting things with cool guns, finding new guns, and as you find new guns, the number that when you shoot an enemy and the number comes off the enemy, it gets bigger and that feels good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeff Grub, I have a very important question. Yeah, please, two questions. One, are the characters constantly cracking wise?
Speaker 2: They are not constantly cracking wise? Yeah, I'm again, I'm not too far in so I might still be in a part where your characters aren't talking as much as like the characters that are introducing the environment to you. There, They've got a little bit of a cracking wise element to them, but not a ton It's it's definitely not trying to be exactly like Borderlands on that front.
Speaker 1: Okay, follow up question. Is there an affable automaton or a robot that follows me and then I can befriend.
Speaker 3: Perhaps there's a clap of some kind.
Speaker 2: There is I haven't seen a clap and or trap, but there is a character. I don't know if I've like met the character physically. He might just be talking to me on the radio. But he's definitely got like a sense of humor where it's like we walk up to this gigantic mammoth door and you think like you're gonna do this question and you're gonna open the door, and of course you do the quest and it opens a small little hatch to the left, and he's just kind of joking about that, like, you know, pointing out the humor of that situation.
Speaker 1: That's that's the kind of thing that we're getting from this game. Okay, Okay, Yeah, we're gonna try and play this tomorrow. I believe we're gonna try to settle a gang.
Speaker 2: I think that's where I came away from it from, like, oh, we should play this game.
Speaker 1: I think we would have a good time. Nice. Nice. Are the guns or of firearms in the game. Are they kind of outlandish or mushroom themed?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 2: So far, they've been kind of just weapons. There's a shotgun, you know, there's a cool shotgun where when you aim it around, a bunch of laser beams shoot off the surface you're aiming it at to show you how they're going to deflect, and I think you get like a bonus if you hit something with that, you know, deflected ammunition instead. So say, okay, there's more to these guns than just it's a gun. But it's not so far. I've not seen anything that's a half mushroom half gun or anything like that, which I think we probably will get into. I mean that that's the whole theme of the game, is you're surrounded by mushrooms. Mike Minatti from john Bomb has a question though.
Speaker 7: On this game Steam page, there's a section of reviews and the first one is by Randy Pittsford and it says mic o punk is cheaper than a point of meth, probably has fewer side effects too.
Speaker 3: Is that real?
Speaker 2: I don't people can change their name. I'm if you look at people's ach this isn't to user review. This is like they put this on their Steam.
Speaker 5: It's a box quote.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's probably real.
Speaker 2: Then they probably got the blessing from the Godfather himself. Randy Pitchford of the Borderlands genre.
Speaker 4: Sure, it feels like a very nineteen ninety seven e gm ad Polking.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean Randy Pittrid feels like a very nineteen ninety seven kind of guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, Hey, question for the room here. Was battle Borne intended to be horny because that's the last thing I remember with mushrooms.
Speaker 3: In it, battle Born on Romney. Yeah, there was a character that was a mushroom, right.
Speaker 7: I don't think it was even as horny is overwatched, to be honest, So now.
Speaker 4: Okay, well over overwatches no, you know, okay, Mike, Mike, you know how we mentioned like you you don't like it when I'm like, oh, did the artist intend this? Then it's not real thing. Do you think Overwatch was intended to have a horny element.
Speaker 7: I think that they definitely wanted their characters to be a t active and for costs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 1: Think they didn't mind if people found them actually attracted.
Speaker 7: I think even they were stunned by the links that people went to for those characters.
Speaker 4: I just think there's always like, well, who's the warniest Overwatch character?
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna see if it seems intentional.
Speaker 2: Widdow makers butt sticks out to like other states like it was from one state to the next.
Speaker 3: I just don't think there's a sniper lady downside. You don't know about him though, I mean sure, I.
Speaker 4: Think I'm saying here, she's got kind of a low v thing going on. I guess that's intentionally horny.
Speaker 7: Remember remember God, remember that early Tracer like victory post that they had to edit out because people thought it was I'll never forget sexy something.
Speaker 3: Dan, You're both.
Speaker 2: Right and wrong, Like, get what you're getting at? Did they intend for there to be graphic Pornogay.
Speaker 4: Was the meeting where mister Blizzard was like, we need people to be whacking off crazy to this.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, it sort of just happens, Okay, so that some of the World of Warcraft character designed so look like the original so Vanas and Jana prowd Moore's they know what they're doing there.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, a peak behind the current folks. This is how we came up with the formation of the current Giant bomb is just to get that, that's.
Speaker 7: Right, much sexier. That's why they finally brought me in. Speaking of sexy, they had to like shave my body hair and parts to put the like vital sign things.
Speaker 3: I just have patches missing.
Speaker 1: Now. Look, I look like a damn fool off.
Speaker 3: The pool.
Speaker 1: They were They were just joking around with you, Mike. They didn't actually need to do that.
Speaker 3: Face.
Speaker 1: Did I feel bad with this?
Speaker 7: Like nurse who like has a much more important job than me and had to like has so much harder schooling and everything. I had a fucking razor and was shaving my fucking like army.
Speaker 3: Hair, Like why because that shaving process cost eleven hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Well for that nurse. It was definitely some dark times, perhaps the Dark Ages. Just like Mike, you've been playing Doom the Dark Ages.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've been trying to like catch up on this more and play through it because I do. I like this game, and I generally do like it a lot. I like it, you know, about that same wavelength as the other two. There's like a little bit of a Okay, we probably can't do another one of these for a goodwill. Even with the changes here, and I'm glad that they may changes, there is still something to I think the Doom reboot where I'd be happy to see them go a very different direction. Part of it is maybe my problem, the whole kind of hell aesthetic. I'm a little bit It was never my favorite and I wish they would change it more good game of course, yeah exactly, because there's like one level where I was in like a space ship. I'm like, okay, good, this vibe is a little bit different. But then like you know, Hell invades and it looks like a Hell spaceship and looks like Hell again. But yeah, I think this is a me problem too, And I thought about this more since I played those original Doom games. I don't love the way that the Doom Reboot trilogy handles secrets, or instead of it being things that maybe you find, maybe you don't find it, it's that it's just Matt Barf and it's tied so deeply into the progression of the game that you feel like it feels bad not getting all of them, because you need to get those currencies. You need to get that stuff so you can upgrade your weapons. So I feel like it's bad for the pacing that I kind of feel obligated to stop and look around and figure out how to get a secret. And sometimes I'll try to get one for like ten minutes and give up and then realize that, oh that door open when I progress the mission later. Over here, I almost wish I could like cut myself. Just don't stop going from them, just leave them alone, just just don't get them. But I kind of like that because it's like, no, I want to upgrade my shotgun. I gotta get it.
Speaker 4: You are, right, because like I feel like I like that game. But you know, you'll get a good way into a level and then you'll look at the mat. I'm constantly looking at the map, yes, and I'll look back and it'll be like, ah, the whole area is kind of like grade out, and I need it's gotta.
Speaker 5: Be something there. I gotta go.
Speaker 4: I'm just constantly checking and trying to figure out how to get the icons, you know.
Speaker 7: Right, Like I don't even know if you can call them. They call them secret areas. Still I don't know if it is a secret, And it feels like an obligation at a certain point now, And like you're playing Doom one and Doom two where it's like, man, maybe you'll find a secret and there'll be some AMMO, maybe you'll get the BFG.
Speaker 1: Earlier than you might have otherwise.
Speaker 7: There's you know, some fun to it, but it didn't feel necessary like it does here, and again it does kind of kill the pacer because I'd rather just be fighting things, and instead I'm sort of running around, yeah, making sure all the gray areas aren't gray, looking at the icons, getting all the currency stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Have you have you done any excuse me, have you done any like going through a level trying like actually ignoring some of that or maybe missing it and then going back and like trying to get that stuff a second run and it's much quicker, and oh, you're like, now I know where everything is.
Speaker 3: I could just run through this very fast.
Speaker 1: That works.
Speaker 2: That's how he did Doom twenty sixteen, and that mostly worked for me.
Speaker 3: Alth. I kind of agree with your overalls.
Speaker 7: I think I think I should and get part of this is definitely a me problem with just me having kind of a brain thing.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, especially now that I'm like on mission like what fourteen out of twenty two or something. I feel on normal mode, I'm probably strong enough. If I don't get a million more upgrades, I should be fine. So party must be like, let's just root force it a bit, and if I'm worried I don't have enough upgrades, then I can go back.
Speaker 1: Let's see how that feels.
Speaker 7: So I might try to play the game like that, but there's just a part of me where it's like, I especially when you can see it in the game, it's not as you'll literally see the thing behind some bars or something. I'm like, yeah, right, I want the thing. I gotta get the thing. How do I get the thing?
Speaker 1: You know what bummed me out with Doom the Dark Ages is I feel like it's kind of wild that tighten foll two maybe perhaps perfected controlling a gigantic mech and I'm chasing that feeling, and those segments in Doom the Dark Ages just kind of takes me out. I don't have the most fun with it.
Speaker 7: They're okay, diversions, you don't do it too often.
Speaker 3: So are they short? They kind of pretty short.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're pretty short.
Speaker 2: I could kind of yeah, I can get with that. If it's like breaking up the pacing, I.
Speaker 4: Kind of like and I just feel like like little gimmick levels of thing. You know, it's like, you know, oh, Yoshi's Island. In this level, you're a helicopter.
Speaker 3: You know. It's just like a quick little.
Speaker 7: Thing, similar to the Secrets. So I don't love the challenge. It's like I go on a level, and again next to my map it's like get kill five people with ricochet.
Speaker 1: Things or whatever.
Speaker 7: So now it's like before I feel like I can just play the game I want to, I gotta make sure I kill people with this gun or do this thing. And I kind of am like worried, I'm not gonna get it done until I do, even though I know I probably don't need that reward. But it's just staring at me. So again, I think part of it's a design thing, part of it is a me thing. Overall, that game is very good, super fun. I love all the shield stuff with it. I think the roster of weapons is pretty fantastic in it. Right, I love crunching skulls into a weapon and then shooting in at my enemies and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You know what, That shield did remind me of a lot, And I feel like maybe it's because this has been on the brain for this website for maybe the past two weeks. Made me one of first person rye Gar.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, Regar keeps coming up lately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's grubs fault. I respect Jeff so much for playing through ry Gar.
Speaker 3: It's worth it.
Speaker 2: It's it's like it's a really good. It's short too, It's like, once you figure out a couple of secrets, it's like an hour and a half maybe, So yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Worth it, all right. Speaking about good games, Mike Manatti, you claimed that this is maybe one of the greatest games of all time. You finished Sekiro.
Speaker 7: I did finish Secaro, and yeah, I think that's actually one of the best games ever. I loved it. It was like the whole time when I was playing through, and I'm like, man, I Old Rings probably sold the best drums off game, but this one's really good. Then I did that final boss and everything, and I'm like, no, this is this is the best one.
Speaker 3: Actually.
Speaker 7: I freaking adorse Scroo. I kind of I took to it in a way too. I really enjoyed that parrying and it just felt good to me. It made sense the stuff that I thought I would miss in it from like a Dark Souls or Outer Ring with the RPG stuff, I kind of didn't at the end. In some ways, it maybe even helped the pacing, just the faster movement stuff and the you know, having the grappling, but just fighting in that game feels so freaking good. Getting in that rhythm of the blocking and then really getting down all these kind of like other systems that will pop up. Sometimes the car recounter is an all time game mechanic. Stomping on a dude's spear or sword when they're lunging at you feels so.
Speaker 2: That's the up and perry button, right like, okay, yeah, that's that's the I think about that in my sleep.
Speaker 3: Sometimes. It's such good that feel.
Speaker 7: What time I called it shabbar recounter by accident, that was funny. It's the bar counter even like sometimes there's a sweeping ATTAXI get to jump on their heads instead. God, just all that just feel so freaking good. And these fights are so like many of my new favorite boss fights ever aren't this game. And I'm so glad that the final boss fight is like kind of the hardest one or one the hardest ones. Even Dark Souls game sometimes struggle with that, where the actual final bosses sometimes I've pushed over and you get to play the d LC for the really challenging stuff. So here having that big challenge at the end, uh felt super good.
Speaker 1: Yeah uh.
Speaker 3: You were Kayla ten tries baby.
Speaker 1: Final.
Speaker 7: Now Kyla has thrown down a Gauntlet that we should both play through Demon Souls and each keep track of our kills on each other.
Speaker 1: That's good, we do there. I'm I'm nowhere near the level of gamer that Mike is, but I I did have man is so fucking amazing. I completed off stream. But I do need to tell people that, hey, there's a lot of cool mods in the game to just put on a different ninja of your choice of.
Speaker 2: Your Yeah, like ee ninja, Yes, that's the number one actually yea with the community.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, everyone in chat right now. Oh my god, they're going insane about e ninja gat ninja. I was gonna talk cops. No, I'm just gonna talk about a nawrito ninja. I just by the way, I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 7: It's not even Hakari is the Japanese name of that song from Kingdom Hearts. It's not Shapari or Hikari. It's the micary counter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 4: It is a part of me that wants to try securr Row. I mean I put like probably ten hours into it. I think I got pass Madame Butterfly and so like, I just was not able to click with the like not being able to level up and just kind of choose myself. Like, now that I've gotten very good at perrying, I want to go back and see if I can apply your skills to sec.
Speaker 7: I will say Lady Butterfly was the boss that took me the most tries. That one was like forty. I think I kind of did it, maybe a little bit earlier than I should have.
Speaker 1: But I think if you.
Speaker 2: Can, you can kind of you were you were when most people do it. I think, actually, if you could beat Lady Butterfly, I think you can beat the game.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I agree, Okay, I agree.
Speaker 1: Dan. We'll get to why you're an ace at pairing at the end of the game segment so folks can avoid spoilers. But Jeff Grubb, we played a lot of Tony Hawk pro Skater three plus four last week on UPF. We raced to see you could get to the cruise level first, and Dan's ace memory got him there the quickest. His memory skill.
Speaker 7: Destroyed us like a still trap. It wasn't even now, it wasn't even close, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty minutes or something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I've been playing Tony OOKX pro Skater four OG actually because I was like, well, you know, I do want to play some more of this to compare contrast, and it is nice to just like because those levels do feel like they were made for you to explore them, find the corners, and then find a mission and do that mission, and so like I kind of like having the ability to just free skating those worlds before activating a mission. But as a game where you know, if I'm to like just take each quest log for each of those games three plus four's version of four and Tony Oaks pro Skater four, the ones for for plus four do feel better designed. They feel like that this just feels like better for this game in this moment. It actually does a better job of expressing all your abilities or whatever, or or even like the like the parade float, that's one that's in both, but it's it's edited.
Speaker 1: For plus four.
Speaker 2: That one's like, don't just go back and forth like ten times, which is what they want you to do in the original, Like let's make it just quick but a burst of fun. And so it just feels like a better experience overall, even if I get people still missing out on the stuff and four, but original four still very good.
Speaker 1: I really like that.
Speaker 7: You like, do you enjoy like the NPC encounters? Is there something to talk into some of those goobers or skaters?
Speaker 2: Sometimes not always, like there's the occasional NPC that's like, oh that's funny, or has that Tony Hawk attitude, you know, that extreme sports game attitude that was that a lot of those characters had at that time.
Speaker 1: It's that stuff's.
Speaker 2: Fun, for sure, but I'm not it's not so good that I'm like thinking about, oh, I'm missing out because I'm not getting that in three plus four. So that's kind of where I've fallen down. But this is definitely when I'm like, I'm glad to have both. I'm going to go back to both going forward.
Speaker 7: Sure, did you get to the Zoo because that's the one where it's like, I agree that I think I generally just like the two timer goal thing better, even though you know, I think they're both ways are good. But you know, Zoo going from a full level with its own missions to just a competition level, that's, yeah, I get why people can be a little bit peeved at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's definitely the one that hurts the most for sure. It's I am like I wonder how they came to that decision. It's I don't think it's obvious, like, oh, well, clearly they should just pair this thing back completely. So I'm not exactly sure how that happens. But uh again, just overall, I think the four package three plus four package is working really well for me.
Speaker 3: I love that. Again.
Speaker 7: I played that game a ton during my prep day and it did helped me get through that day a lot.
Speaker 5: I went through it twice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did it on switch to and then I did it on on PS five and I actually played a bunch on the portal, and I was expecting that to not be great because of how reflex heavy it is, but.
Speaker 5: Nextually worked pretty well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wonder if it's fixed the crashing thing on switch because I did stop there and start on PS five.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard one way or the others. So yeah, I wonder if that's something now that's out there. You figure it would be people would be hollering because you were playing it early, right before it was like.
Speaker 5: A day before it came out.
Speaker 3: But okay, I see somebody, okay, ye, all right, so maybe it's still happening. That's a bummer.
Speaker 1: I just want to do a quick temp check.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: We're all dpad Tony Hawk players right now. Somebody told me who is the pervert? Somebody told me Sean Sean. That's because Sean's like fifteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you can't do that with a No you need a dpad.
Speaker 1: Yeah yep. If someone could actually run a twitch poll, I'm curious to see what it's, uh, what kind of skater you are? Forget Mungo or whatever. I want to know if your dpad or analog or careful.
Speaker 5: For Tony specifically.
Speaker 7: Sean's because he started on the GameCube. But that makes sense because the game cub just does not have a good D pad.
Speaker 3: The deep pad in the GameCube is rough. Yeah you can't.
Speaker 7: You could use it for menu stuff like metro, like select your weapon, it's rough to use that to actually control the character that deep.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I was using the GameCube depad to play Tony Ouks pro skater Ford like on that TV background.
Speaker 3: That's what I was.
Speaker 2: Actually it's bad, but it's I can make it work because I'm so used to it, and it's better than using the analog stick in Tony Hawk.
Speaker 1: I'd rather do right the Cube that one.
Speaker 4: I I agree with only fighting game I do the analog stick for generally is soul Caliber. I like the pad for Teking, I like the bad for obviously World Combat and stuff, but yeah, sole Caliber feels like you don't have that three D.
Speaker 7: I was using the analog stick for like two D fighting games, and then I was told that's that's not right. So I learned dpad and the rights better. But I was trying to learn Zangie Moore and so you fighter six on the switch to for fun, Yeah, that's you can make that work because because I heard you know it's supposed to do the full circle. Well actually, and it's hard because whenever you do that, you just jump when you get to the up inputs. And I saw a video that explained to me, oh, you don't actually to do that. You can just go from right. You can go from like the three o'clock to the was it to the ten o'clock kind of frame share, and that'll actually be good enough to register as the full circle. But the dpad I still always jump, but I did with the analog stick at least on the switch to I was getting that grapple.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's something out every.
Speaker 1: Time, So maybe for a grappler.
Speaker 7: Analog stick is still okay, the uh.
Speaker 2: The poll is up in Twitch and I want to remind people don't lie in these poles. If you are just trying to make me mad, but it's working, stop it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh no, what are they saying? I can't see it.
Speaker 7: I think a lot more people use again, there's a little a little bit of a generational thing there because.
Speaker 3: The analog stick than you would think.
Speaker 4: I don't know if there's a generational thing or a Kyla thing, but like a couple of years ago, I told Kayla, She's like, how do you do this thing in this game? Kayla is a better gamer than most of us on this call, definitely better than me. She's been playing since the Super Nintendo. And I told her like, oh, PRES's up on the dpad and she's like, what's.
Speaker 1: The d pad? That might be Kayla kala thing?
Speaker 3: Okay, knowing what the deep ed is okay, Kayla.
Speaker 5: Okay, dib nose.
Speaker 3: It's a smart Well it's probably because I told him.
Speaker 1: But well, the six and eight year old book just plenty through the deepad.
Speaker 3: Three. I mean, you know, yeah, it could be. You know a lot of things are k.
Speaker 1: You're the same age. Okay, yeah, yeah, does that?
Speaker 3: Does that feel good or bad? But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Actually, I actually don't know. I'm gonna nritate.
Speaker 3: She might be thirty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, all right. I feel like I'm caught in like a maze of my own making, just like I've been playing maze mice.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is a new game from I believe the developers of Luck be a laenlord to this imagine is a pac Man like because you were navigating through a maze and you were collecting pellets, but also elements of.
Speaker 3: Super Hot where time is moving when.
Speaker 1: You are moving, so if you are standing still idle, time is not going down, so no one is chasing you. But that also means your abilities are not popping off. And speaking about abilities, this is where you throw in perhaps comparisons to Vampire Survivors, because you are navigating through a maze and these as a mouse and these kiddies are chasing you. As you pass by them, you activate them. So you're collecting your power pellet adjacent orbs or whatever, and those are your XP. As you collect those, you wake up cats and your different abilities will take care of the cats, so you lay down like a trail of fire or you're shooting knitting needles, and those abilities are popping off on timers which you can kind of fudge around with and set off at specific times if you are moving or not moving, because the game, just like Vampire Survivors, will get quickly populated with a bunch of enemies on screen, so you do have to kind of be wary of like, oh, hey, I have this ability that it is like an AOI attack around me, and these enemies that don't obey movement wise by the maze, like they're going over the walls, are about to get me. But if I just kind of like fludge around for like a second or two, I can wind up getting them in the blast radius as well as the cat's chasing me. It's a real neat idea. I really dig it a lot. I've only spent a little bit of time with it, but it feels like it has potentially has the depth of something like Vampire Survivors. I'm curious to see if there are different mice in the game where they're different abilities that pop up.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at images of this right now. Is this a roguelight rodents Revenge.
Speaker 1: I don't know what rodents Revenge is, but sure it is.
Speaker 5: A potential recognition there on the Windows oper system.
Speaker 3: I just laugh because that's a funny sentence you to. Is it a choo choo.
Speaker 1: Rocket like at all? No, I see where the chew cheo rocket comparisons would be because of the mice the maze, but you are you are controlling the mouse instead of like having them obey a specific maze order or whatever.
Speaker 3: So it's a more pack man. Yeah. Yeah, then it's chasing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm begging in a lot. Maybe we'll do a quick look this week.
Speaker 3: Damn, what is Rodent's Revenge?
Speaker 5: It was one of those that was just on like some Windows game packs. I google it.
Speaker 4: It was like it might have been three point one or maybe ninety eight or ninety five.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was on.
Speaker 4: Where you're a rodent and there's cheese you gotta get to and you're pushing blocks around.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right, challenge like revenge like but yeah, yeah, okay, dang that that looks old ass.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, you gotta avoid the cats.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, okay, I remember I.
Speaker 2: Have played a game and have no one mentioned that game until thirty years later, you're on a podcast.
Speaker 3: And someone says it, that's weird.
Speaker 4: Chad says, how the fuck do you remember that? And no other human knowledge.
Speaker 1: That upset you?
Speaker 7: Jeff, analog stick won the poll forty seven to forty five.
Speaker 3: That gets about it. It lost time. That's a statistical time.
Speaker 4: I just want to chat say, they use analog even for two D platformers, and that is fucked.
Speaker 1: Okay, some platformers I'll use it, some of them.
Speaker 4: I mean you, like, it's not three with a fucking week class contour.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? Yes, obviously stuff that's like, you know, built from that time of dpads. It does seem a little weird, but if it works, it works. Who cares?
Speaker 1: Did you all ever watch Furiosa?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know.
Speaker 1: So there's a character in that who has like tattoos all over his body and he's kind of like this living book of like sharing knowledge.
Speaker 3: I would love like Memento to kind of.
Speaker 1: I would love to see Dan's version of that of like what facts will Dantine.
Speaker 3: Were? All wrestling and games like his Mowana tattoos?
Speaker 4: You mean, yes, nothing but wrestling games and maybe like Independence Day the movie.
Speaker 3: What I don't know, I just trying to think of something I like as a kid. I don't talk about that movie that much.
Speaker 5: Maybe not, Maybe it's more of the rock and face off and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like there was a brief period where I wanted to get an I D for custom license plate.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, I just can't.
Speaker 7: Wait till like people are like it's the apocalypse that go up to day, like Dan, how.
Speaker 1: Do we grow food?
Speaker 7: We forget we need this IFO It's like, I can't tell you that, but let me tell you about the Blue Meani's one first w W appearance.
Speaker 4: He was with gold Dust right there, say Valentine's Da Mask or nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Tell you I can't tell you about corn but Chucky ducky quack quack. Well, yeah, it's weird that as the years go on, Independence Day of the movie just sort of doesn't seem so bad.
Speaker 3: Oh you like the reality? Yeah, like I just feel you know what I mean. Like first for me, it was always like, oh, children are men. That seems real. It seems real bad.
Speaker 1: And we're getting there, I mean a Handmaid's Tail. We're we're almost yeah.
Speaker 3: One hundred, but just you know, comparatively speaking, it's sort of like, alrighty four, we was kind of.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We came together, we make out in the end, get on the hood and tell them how to take these sense of bitches down right.
Speaker 2: It's like it was this fantasy of like there was ever this global threatening event or a virus, we would all come together and then maybe.
Speaker 3: That happened and we didn't.
Speaker 4: We hacked the aliens, Yeah we did.
Speaker 3: We get them. We get him the m R DNA virus. There's so many one liners out of that movie I ever.
Speaker 5: Saw in the sequel.
Speaker 2: I know, I kind of like the sequel gold Boom is in the sequel. Really yes, that movie is the most made by ten set movie ever made, and it kind of rules for it. It's like you could just feel like China's like I like this, let's put that movie, and I'm kind of like China, You're up to something.
Speaker 5: It's like gun Maverick.
Speaker 3: They love that. Yeah, who exactly is great Spiner back? Right? Oh? They did? Yes they did? Yeah? Good good?
Speaker 1: He did?
Speaker 5: Was he not a zeppelp proof glass?
Speaker 4: No, sir, Oh no he he They pushed him against the glass, and then again.
Speaker 3: We don't. We don't actually for sure know he died is kind of what they did the scientistic he's very dead. Yeah, also invited. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love that scene where like the I guess he's like the Secretary of Defense. He's talking to Bill Pulman about Area fifty one and he's just like, that's not entire. That guy's the best sibling like in a movie ever died recently. A lot of those guys.
Speaker 7: When they made that Independent State sequel, it was like, we can't get Will Smith today.
Speaker 3: They would absolutely be able to get if they wanted him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the word his downfall, who's like started the same day he won the oscar.
Speaker 3: Like a media a weird day for that guy on door energy in one door out the other.
Speaker 2: For sure, an Independence State sequel is like a bad Fast than the Furious, and.
Speaker 1: You worst Fast than the Furious is a cinematic masterpiece.
Speaker 3: Well yeah yeah, but like if there was a bad one.
Speaker 1: It would be Independent States kind of like it, Grub, I've been meaning to talk to you about this. I haven't seen the f one movie, but people like it. Right, he want zero bad and he it's the same director as Maverick, Right, that's right, Yes, and yeah oblivion. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: Let's Jokazinski.
Speaker 1: Let's force him to make a pod racing movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, now that would go at any moment. We can't be more than two years away from a pod racing movie.
Speaker 2: Right, Greenland, maybe from actually being made. No way, right, that's exactly right. Why it's a curse franchise right now, they can't even get any movie made.
Speaker 7: I think ninety percent of the movies that they have like not just like announced to the public and a meetingful meaningful. Star Wars, Yeah, there's that Ryan Johnson trilogy, there was some like a public thing. There was a rope Squadron movie. A lot of them just don't get made. You think Starfighter remember they announced that. You think that's gonna be a real movie? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Come round? That's yeah right, godzy he did it, No, actually ask.
Speaker 3: Him to be That movie is gonna be.
Speaker 1: God. I feel like there's just like a great lamity happening with with Star Wars right now, just like there's one happening in high Roll. You've been playing Breath of the Wild.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm I'm killing a little bit of time here until the bonanza. So I was doing a switch one greatest hits thing. I started a Mario Odyssey playthrough rip before Switch two came out. I was like, this is gonna be my last Switch one game, and I'm like, boy, this game is still amazing.
Speaker 1: And then you know, take it.
Speaker 3: I beat.
Speaker 1: I was spending a lot of Platoon stuff.
Speaker 7: I'm taking a little break there before I do the side order, which is the Platoon three DLC. So I went back to Odyssey just ran through that campaign. Still one of the greatest games ever.
Speaker 1: Like, that game does look very good.
Speaker 7: Switcheo, that game looks pretty good Switch one though, honestly, kind of hard to tell the improvements. I'm sure they're there, probably the wild though starting that up, it is just so weird seeing that game at sixty franks per second. It's weird, like looking not quite as fuzzy and whatnot. It it looks I'm not going to do it a take my breath away, Puy and I swear, but it looks so.
Speaker 2: Good now well on Switch one and it's a thirty in best case scenario. And then you go to Coca Rico Village, Cocaico Village and if we don't.
Speaker 5: Know, it's like, oh, I know that about like breth Wall, I mean odesty.
Speaker 1: Oh no, honestly, it was only sixty No, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Say, yeah, okay, okay, perfect, Yeah, you know broth the Wild.
Speaker 3: There is night and day different on switch to. Yeah. I played a little of Tears of the Kingdom on switch To. It was the first thing I've done on switch To since I got it. And it feels like you're playing it on something you're not supposed to be.
Speaker 5: You're emulating it on a steam deck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeaheah, you know, And I'm looking behind me. I'm like, is this cool? Am I doing this? All right? It's really good? Unfortunately I hadn't played it in two years, and I am all kind of turned around. Well, you use the Zelda notes thing, I know. I just I don't is that like as elegant of a thing that as I wanted to be like, it works pretty well, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But elegans not the word.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like a wrecking ball, break.
Speaker 2: Through your balls, Like did you know this about that?
Speaker 3: I'm like, holy shit, I just have to like let go and do that because I'm probably only like halfway through that game and I just need to like use this easy pass, you know, just.
Speaker 2: Use the easy pass, use a guy to like kind of get pointed in the right direction again, and then just go choose something and start doing it.
Speaker 4: And shoot, yeah, I had the thing where it's like I was like, Okay, I didn't get every shrine and tears the Kingdom, so I should do that for the switch too, And I hop back into my save there and it's just like, man, I'm looking around.
Speaker 5: It's like there's the whole the abyss.
Speaker 4: There's I am totally lost as far as like, who are these fuckers following me around?
Speaker 5: All these ghosts?
Speaker 4: Like, and I'm just like it through me in the middle of all this stuff, and I was like, I think I'd rather maybe just start a fresh Breath the Wild save on this thing. So that's where I'm leaning right now on this.
Speaker 7: And that's what I did, and I'm glad I did, because well, that's so very good video game. It turns out awesome even just starting from like string from zero, starting naked in a pool and then slowly getting those abilities and you know that great plateau is such a good tutorial area.
Speaker 3: But then you get out there and it's.
Speaker 7: Just off to the races, right, and yep, That's where I am now, just going through the shine shines and find a cool stuff, like just the adrenaline rush I get from going to shrine and getting a bandana that increases my climbing speed or whatever. I'm like, oh baby, let's go. That's a good feeling.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: I'm just remembering the Dragon sequence and Tears of the Kingdom, like.
Speaker 3: The last one.
Speaker 5: Incredible.
Speaker 1: Fuck Jesus Christ, what a game man. Wow Wow. You know, the Quorrocks always reminded me of I mean, there were a bunch of weird little freaks, but they reminded me of the little dudes and freaks even pat Upon one plus two replay Grub and Minata.
Speaker 2: You've been playing this, Mike, I'm having a What's the What's the Dog game? The Capcom game where I couldn't draw straight line O com Okami.
Speaker 1: I'm having an O comedy situation.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I swear to God, I'm hitting the right buttons on the right rhythm, and I'm good at rhythm games.
Speaker 3: I'm like decent rhythm games.
Speaker 2: I can't get past the tutorial, like I'm gonna upload this and eras dem Takashi shame because I cannot get past like the second thing, I'm like, incredible, am I am I missing something? It's a similar path upon, and I'm doing that right every time. It's not taking grub.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I that was my experience with all the patapons. Like I love the look and vibe of it and everything, but like I sucked ass at those games, so I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I can do the pad Upon. Here's my thing.
Speaker 7: I love the way Pata Pond looks. I respect the how of it. I think it's so cool with such a neat idea.
Speaker 3: But when I'm actually playing it though a little.
Speaker 7: Bit, like play thirty minutes, so I got's enough pad Upon for now.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I'll say this because something.
Speaker 7: About like just the setup of the game and everything, it feels like it should be a second screen game. But because it's so rhythm basi, it's hard to second screen a game. Like yeah, right, maybe that's a little bit of my hangup. I'm not giving pat Upon the resp that it deserves, and when I do make it the only thing I'm focusing on, I get kind of bored a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I was kind of getting the sense of my I like the way this looks, but is there more to it? And I've looked into pad upon before. I think I would probably agree with you on that it's not like an Elite Beat Agents for me.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't think I think it's a good game, just one of tho things where it's like, it's not super for me.
Speaker 1: I love the style of it.
Speaker 7: I love that they did something weird and different, and I think that aspect of it holds up tremendously.
Speaker 1: Still.
Speaker 7: Uh so, if you like Patapon, we're checking this compilation out if you're curious look at it. I am still so weirded out by the whole like so meat PlayStation thing just not being here, like you would have to pry an ip from Nintendo's cold dead hands, right, He's Sony like, ooh, if we don't publish this, well we'll save a little bit of money.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that's simple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yamamuchi to haunt you even if you did get it legally from Nintendo.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's it's weird.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're going to stop necessarily either, is Loco Roco that's the that's the motion one.
Speaker 1: Right, local.
Speaker 4: I mean you would do the I think they had the initure one was L and R on the PSP, right, then they put out one that us like maybe the PS fours motion, which makes perfect sense, and that's how they did an asbot to, right, That's.
Speaker 2: How I'm log Yeah, that's one. I'm like that could probably be on Switch as well.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If that's not, I'm not even like a slightly bigger one. Mike, what's the three D platforming Vita series you really liked? Uh? With the Rush Gravity Rush feels you're not doing anything with Gravity Rush remaster.
Speaker 3: That switch Away, right, yeah, hair Away exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope they kind of do all those and really that just leads to them to getting less precious about all their other games, and then maybe at that point they.
Speaker 1: Do actually to be glad.
Speaker 7: I know you guys have, but like I'm not saying, like, I can't believe PlayStation is putting it's i PM no switch, No, I can't believe that they're just not putting the PlayStation name like in the it or anywhere.
Speaker 3: Published that published it.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, let's still it's the PlayStation game and play they still own it. They didn't like sell it didn't lapse it's just they're letting someone else publish it, so yeah, weird.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of I'm pretty excited for the spiritual successor of Pets upon Ratatan. I believe it's called Oh yeah, yeah, those freaks look like they got better clothing. Folks at home, Here is your spoiler warning, Jeff Beckeler. This is also your spoiler warning if you want to avoid some uh ending spoilers like game spoilers or Claire Obscure Expedition thirty three. We will talk about it until the break, so we'll see you.
Speaker 3: Have you been what's wrong? You can wait? No, wait one more side? Please? Yeah, you can have you can eat granola sooner. No, it's not about the granola. Jan It's never about the granola. I I think I'm right at the end of this game. I'm I'm inside the monolith okay, and I'm fighting Renoir okay, and he turned into a dragon. You're close. It's like a big wolf monster. Just having a problem with that fight. I like, I'm just not doing there.
Speaker 1: You'll get there.
Speaker 3: I know. I've only tried it like five times, and it's been like a week and a half since I've tried it again.
Speaker 7: It's always hard when you're going to like a vacation. He takes some time off to jump back in for sure.
Speaker 3: Chuck just DMed me and goes take your headphones off. Yeah, because, all right, I will bail for this because I am that emotionally invested into this French game.
Speaker 7: You should bail any French ass game. I know doesn't care, but I'm gonna make it bail anyways.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, all right, so just you know, I don't know, clap hands or yeah, well we'll.
Speaker 1: We'll fade the black and then I'll I'll holler at you guys.
Speaker 3: Look at a drink. Okay, cool? Should we save it? I would love to be clear. I would love to spoil something.
Speaker 4: I got something I can say that kind of dances around things a little bit while they're here. You should take your your okay, all right, then I'll just I'll spill it here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've been thinking a lot about whether fantasy can affect reality.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, happy but happy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it is.
Speaker 7: It is kind of also one of the major one of the game, really is.
Speaker 5: But this one did it at the end when I already liked it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at the end, I didn't realize what was going on when it's like you're making your choice. Uh, for those that don't know what I'm referencing metaphor, ask you that question at the beginning, like twelve minutes in and I was like, oh, fuck you, you pretend to strass whole game.
Speaker 5: And I stopped playing this one. It was at the end and I was like, that's profound.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 5: So you got my l or what's your Alissa? What's your real name?
Speaker 4: Her name is she was still my out to meet, Yeah, Alyssa or something. Yeah. She had this very traumatic event in her real life. It turns out her her house burns down, her brother dies, and her mom's you know, in a bad spot and everything, and she retreats into this fictional world that actually I used think her mom painted, but it was actually Versa as a kid that painted it, right. So I started the camps and the mom kept it going. So she found safety and comfort in her fictional characters to distract her from horror her traumatic real life. And then at the end, you got to face this, uh, this question of like do I want to stay?
Speaker 5: And it's a red pill blue pill.
Speaker 4: Thing, you know, it's like, do I want to stay in this fiction a world where things are cozy and.
Speaker 5: But they're fantasy.
Speaker 1: It's fake.
Speaker 5: It's it's these are sale people, you know.
Speaker 7: That's okay, that's yeah, that's so interesting that there's these two endings. And I saw both of the endings, right, It's like, at first I picked that my O ending, this will be the happy ending, and it seems like it should be happy, but then it's like, oh, the vibe is not good.
Speaker 4: Actually really quick thoughlet me the reason I would have picked the Versa ending if, like I think in my head, I thought that her real life was much more like I thought the house was in cinders. I thought the mom's like face was collapsed in and everyone.
Speaker 5: Was just like it was just off.
Speaker 4: But it's like, oh no, you see in the Versa ending that like, oh okay, it's like no, she's you know, she's got scars and she can't talk, and like they're all very sad obviously, but like there is a life to return to. I thought it was smoldering wreckage of a family in the house. Otherwise, I probably would have picked the Versa one because I thought it was like beyond saving. But then I saw the verse ending, I was like, oh, okay, you got to deal with your grief and you got process that.
Speaker 7: You know, it's good because it's not like good ending bad ending. Right, There's downsides the both, and some of it depends on what you think. Like, you know, you say, oh, these aren't real people, and I think for some people like no who says that, I think that Lune and them are real and it's kind of like, ah, but what if they aren't, because maybe they're not real people. You can have an argument both ways. But I think that so much of that game is about how we handle grief. I think some of it is because at the end of so many of these games, these big RPGs, I do kind of have this like, oh, I can't I'm leaving these characters behind, and I'm like kind of sad about that.
Speaker 3: Now I'm bummed down the real.
Speaker 7: World and I almost kind of take this as like a slap against that, where it's kind of like, wake up, do fist, you had fun?
Speaker 1: These aren't real people. Go out back to your family. Right.
Speaker 7: It even kind of goes into like the idea of video games and fiction as escapism and how sometimes that's powerful but sometimes it clearly goes too far. It is like that thing about you know, like than the ka generic story about the guy who stopped going to college and talked to his family because he played World of Warcraft things like that, and this kind of stuff is going to become more important as we see all these companies being like, we're going to bring back your dead ones, says Ai.
Speaker 1: We aren't going to.
Speaker 7: See people who just do nothing but stare at their computer screen whatever talking to an AI version of their dead son, and it's gonna be sat in tragic and these are these are real life situations that we're all gonna be dealing with now. Uh so, yeah, I just I don't know. I thought the ending and the way that they are the whole, the way the game is handling these issues and bringing up these themes was incredible.
Speaker 4: I loved it, and I was kind of surprised because like the fire escape that went up yesterday, I was talking to Mahardi about it because I was like, basically where Backler is where I was like in the Monolith, and I was really hot on the game, and Maharty didn't tell me specifics, but he's like, oh yeah, I was really hot on it where you are, but basically right past where you're at. That's when he kind of turned around and didn't like it, and I was like, oh, man, I guess they don't stick the ending.
Speaker 5: And then I played the rest of it. I was like, I this, Yeah, what is the general or people?
Speaker 3: Generally? People are upset up.
Speaker 1: I feel like their scuttle but online is not upset. But like, I think they wanted a happy ending and they don't want to come to terms with like the reality that like, oh, these characters that I spent X amount of time with may not be real. I feel like it's the whole uh tightest problem from Final Fantasy ten of like.
Speaker 3: Wait, I wasn't the main character. I'm not important. I think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think a lot of people do like the ending, but I think there is there is a people who do kind of feel like they're not getting the pathos. They're not getting that kind of feeling they went to at the end, uh because they did just want to like bring back Gustaf and his girlfriend and you know, everything to be happy. I think it's I think it's kind of brave and interesting that it doesn't let.
Speaker 3: You have that.
Speaker 7: It's like Actually this is all pretty fucked up and there's no right way. And like for Mayo specific Alicia, it's like, well, you can live in your fantasy world as long as that's gonna last. It turns out maybe you're torturing what remains of your brothers, so to keep that going. But at least you're you know, this guy who's maybe real or isn't is back, or you can go back to the real life, which is definitely real and you definitely have family there. Sorry that you can't talk more, right, So it's just all kinds of messed up not yet not yet bachal are.
Speaker 4: They're They're both very bittersweet and fucked up, and like you said, there's not a good or a bad ending. It's just like I really thought it was fascinating and I was fully expecting as it went on that it was going to go into like just you know, really abstract like I'm not following anything the type of deal. But like, I only got more into it as I played, and I actually really liked these characters a lot. And yeah, I did not fall off at all. Yeah I didn't fucking dodge once. Hell yeah, one of the bigger I was about to fall in top me and that I was already got that. Oh yeah, yeah, of course, but no, that is I am so glad that people were so loud about how good this game is, because certainly one that if it was just kind of like under the radar, I wouldn't have checked out.
Speaker 5: But I fucking loved this game.
Speaker 1: Dan, I'm curious, what was it about this specific story. Was it like the on ramp before, like they kind of get to the foofy, fluffy bullshit. I thought this did it for you?
Speaker 4: Or I just thought even like people describing the concept to me, I thought was so interesting. I'm just like painting the number and then the gomage stuff and everything, I was like, oh, that's cool. I don't think I've seen anything quite like that in the game. And the fact that it's like it's not I guess it is fantasy in a way, but it's like I just get so tired of just like, oh, there's an evil king and here's the kingdom and the dragons or magic or whatever. It's like I just didn't like and learn of the rings, didn't like any like, I just don't like that trope, except for in the times where I do like Zelden Game of Thrones.
Speaker 5: But you mean I mean, yeah, yeah, but this just felt different.
Speaker 4: This felt very different in a way where I was like, I want to see what's going on with this very friendly glad I did because it's it's a tremendous fucking game and.
Speaker 7: They could have so easily just ended it like you killed the Patriss. You did it right, and I'm glad that it goes beyond that, right. Yes, yeah, there are like some things like here and there that like are so a little weird, Like you can have an optional conversation between Versa Mayo where me he's like you you didn't say Gustav on purpose?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 7: And he's like you got me and she's immed like I forgive you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I do.
Speaker 7: But again, like gu back to like, well are these real people?
Speaker 3: Are they? I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's super fascinating. We should do a bigger spoiler cast some day.
Speaker 4: Dan one more thing Chance, says bet. Dan was a huge Monico fan. Fuck Monico. I didn't use him why I'd played him a few times. I don't know about your weird taking legs level up system. I don't like that you're weird ass like dog flag face whatever it is, he's fucking weird.
Speaker 5: I didn't even talk to that guy.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: I didn't use him because just because it's like he has to be in battle to collect the feet.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, well, I'm either going to commit to this or I'm not. I guess, And I is a good dude.
Speaker 7: I likes a buddy who was your party Dan for the.
Speaker 5: Almost always cl VERSU.
Speaker 3: And I did Mayel Lou never so.
Speaker 1: Una never left my party ever, you know what, And I'll let the internet decide why she never left my party.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I am excited to have a proper spoiler cast once back Lars finished it, we'll see whether or not grub we'll make it on that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe we should get like one of the people don't like the ending because I am more curious, like, uh, I would like to I hear that perspective, and I don't think I want to talk to them out of it. But I guess I am more curious, Uh why because I don't. I just think it's so interesting where it goes in next three and I think it has such neat, important and neat things to say as a consequence.
Speaker 3: Of that.
Speaker 7: Yes, a lot of Sean doesn't like the ending either. That's right, Sean beat the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I'm curious knowing that Shawn's pedigree with jerrpg's as well, why why he did not like the ending? I god is one of those. This is a fucking banger of a game. Huh.
Speaker 4: It's so freaking good we have Sean on I can explain JRPGs to him.
Speaker 1: Very good. There we go, folks. That does it for video game talk. We will be We'll take a quick bricky break and we will be back with.
Speaker 3: The news right after this.
Speaker 1: And we are back. Hey, folks, thanks for supporting us. If you've subscribe to premium or you plan on doing a giant bomb dot Com slash join. However, there's some unexpected churn happening because some billing information has not been updated. So you know, we want to do a do us a favor, do us a salad. Log into your account and just double check all the all the deats. We love and support you. We love support you for your support.
Speaker 4: And also, if you want to get that goddamn beloney mustard picture off of our pre stream, you can be the koffee leader of July to pick the image for all of August.
Speaker 5: At the end of July, whoever has given the most.
Speaker 4: Cumulative to the kofee dot com slash giant bomb, we'll get to pick that image for our pre stream and breaks for August.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know you can dethrone the blooney cake, the bony cake. Please do it's gross sentience. Please, we are you're legally obligated. We cannot do anything.
Speaker 5: About No, it's just a pucktato. You gotta do it.
Speaker 1: That's just the way it is. Uh speaking about the way it is. It is now time for the news. This is Jeff Robb.
Speaker 2: With the news, and this is Dan Riker with the breaking news.
Speaker 3: Dan, what do you got over there? I want I want Dan them with the green screen like the rainbow some reason. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I got an email during the break. Here I will read it to you. It is from Analog dot Co and Analog three D is shipping next month. The email says, following last week's sudden tariff changes, Analog three D will begin shipping next month. We're absorbing the costs. Your pre order price day is the same, no additional charges. We port everything in the Antaect three D. Can't wait for you to see it for yourself. So yes, next month, this is sixty four. Yeah, I'll finally have aoid playing Nintendo sixty four.
Speaker 3: Games for you. Bu thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm excited sixty four we'll get to play it again, to.
Speaker 3: Play it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is uh.
Speaker 3: I paid for this already right a year ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like a year ago, and it was like two hundred and fifty, which is like a really good price now because I think probably is going to be more expensive once they get past this initial launch and things like that.
Speaker 4: So dumb question like did the tariff stuff, like is it gone now? Because I remember it was like it's on everything, and then it was like, well no, it's on ninety day pause, and now it's like wait, where is you?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we got back, we got done with a ninety day pause, and everyone's like, oh, he's just gonna like let it all go. And he immediately started talking about tariffs again. So he really likes tariffs, so they're gonna just keep popping up. So they're back. They're not as broad as they once were, but he's definitely uh, like talking about Taiwan and Vietnam and all this stuff like where places where switched twos are made again out of it. But he just he legitimately loves them because.
Speaker 3: Vote differently next time, Dan, What can I tell you? So one thing that hasn't changed is he's still a dumb bitch. Not he's a dumb bitch. Yeah with this. Yeah, it's real bad.
Speaker 7: Just like mackav it's a virus stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get his ass. Take hot take.
Speaker 2: Summer Games done quick also raised two point four million dollars. Well done to them. The doctors might be able to afford borders. Now that's going to be real excellent for them.
Speaker 3: That's a great show.
Speaker 2: Hey, that was It was a really good show. Lots of great speed runs there, but they always put on.
Speaker 3: Are Oh my god, I just didn't sorry to interject, but Dibb and Eye on Sunday, I think it was watched ninety minutes of Mario Brothers three speed running the any the one Fortresses and then any Percentage and this kid's mind and was blown.
Speaker 5: Does all the context of like the original Mario.
Speaker 3: Three, he's seen it, he's played some of it, and I was sort of like, is this the thing that gets you to like stop playing Rocket League and like go in there. I don't want to stop playing Rocket League cause he's very good, but uh yeah, he's He just thinks it's crazy that like you can glitch old games.
Speaker 2: He's like, you should show him Summoning Salt for like Super Mario Brothers.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, show my quack shot runs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that'll get it. Show him the Bouncer run. His life will be changed in two different ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be inspired. I had.
Speaker 7: There's one thing with games on Quick was amazing, a ton of great runs. The ae W Fight Forever run with like the wrestling style crowd was Yeah, Danny should check that out.
Speaker 5: Was it a through the career mode or something?
Speaker 7: Yeah, through career mode. It was a really fun run. So that was great. All sorts of good stuff there. They That Blue Prince Bingo thing was amazing.
Speaker 3: I love Bingo.
Speaker 1: I did think that Delta.
Speaker 7: Rune was a weird final game for because you know, I haven't like, you're.
Speaker 2: Right, they should probably have to get back all that money there is.
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 7: I haven't finished that game, to be clear, But the Palper hasn't finished that game.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's just like I'm not like, I haven't played most of that game, becau, I'm waiting for it all to come out. So it's like, oh, I guess I'm not going to watch the finale because I'm worried about spoilers.
Speaker 3: Uh so new. It was so new and story based.
Speaker 2: Like Delta Rune, that audience and the speed running audience. That Vin diagram is a circle. Yeah, I feel like so I just think they're like, ah, this is what our audience wants.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Jane Chow from John Bam.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to offend anyone, I swear. I swear now within that Ven diagram that is a circle of uh, speed runners and people that like Delta Rune Slash Undertail, and I haven't played Undertail because the community scares me. How much of that intersects with the furry community A good bit?
Speaker 3: A good bit? Okay, what about that?
Speaker 7: You don't have to let it look, you don't have to interact. I always hear like, oh the Undertail community. I played through Undertail and loved it and never had to engage with this weird Undertail community.
Speaker 3: That's kind of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, yeah, I didn't say that I played through Undertail was like that was a cool, clever little game. And then, uh, I just know that the people that are like into it are like into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Same.
Speaker 2: I beat it and enjoyed it, and yeah, I didn't have to interact that audience. I've interacted with some of them and a lot of them very pleasant.
Speaker 3: Are the elements to Undertail? Yeah, aren't you just a.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 7: I mean everybody in that world's a monster, like an animal person?
Speaker 1: So oh okay, Well, I feel like I put off like Undertail for so long that I would have I should play it on a stream, like, God, what's the farming game everyone likes? Started starting Valley Stardoo Valley? Uh, and I should play that on a stream. And I feel like both online communities are very vocal about when you're doing something wrong or if I'm not understanding something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, started value one though, like such a like, there's so many things they'll just want to help you with that will probably be appreciative and under Kelly, it's a game you just go experience probably Yeah tell it. Yeah, I mean, you know, there's kind of like two passing and to the game. All I need to know is don't be like wishy washy kill some people and spare other do well one or the other for everybody.
Speaker 4: I think the thing that got me with it was like the same thing that kind of got me with Expedition thirty three, where it's like it's turn based, but it's like it does fun things during the actual fight sometimes instead of picking them from menu, you're like doing like a bullet health Like I thought that was so cool.
Speaker 1: It's a really cool system.
Speaker 7: And uh doing the Sands fight, which is like at the end of the kill Everything path. That's one of the all time great boss fights. That's the one of that Meglomania song that everybody loves. Was very difficult, took me a couple of days to do it, but it was super o.
Speaker 2: Mega guy Kenny Omega come out of Sands one like one.
Speaker 7: Of the first, like aw Halloween shows.
Speaker 3: I remember that. That's right. That was a little dynamite.
Speaker 7: I think it came out to Megamania as the song can't Yeah Yes, I And Nintendo Direct is potentially scheduled for later this month.
Speaker 3: That's the current rumor.
Speaker 2: They're a rumored to be holding the Direct after Donkey Kong Bonanza comes out, but before the end of July. Some others were saying this. Nate the Hate backed it up. We don't know anything else really beyond this, though, so the exact timing hard to say. I would guess maybe the last week of July, but.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard anything about it direct personally. And then like what would.
Speaker 3: Be in there?
Speaker 2: Well, that one's a little bit easier because there's a ton of dates. They still got to give us our Metroid Prime and all this other stuff. Drag x Drive got to release date, but everything else coming this holiday, air Riders, Kirby's air Riders, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: We don't know exact.
Speaker 2: Is this a full director, is it a partner director? Is it something else? We don't know that either, although they have enough to talk about that they probably will bring it up at this thing. You know, I serve of what. I was not trying to get my hopes up for another direct. I probably won't get my hopes up for this either, because this is probably is one where it's mostly about telling us exact dates for some of some games, and then some other third party games might get announced or something like that.
Speaker 7: Nate de Hate was also who said that Final Fantasy nine remake got derailed and it isn't happening now, So I'm gonna choose to not believe that.
Speaker 2: Right, you got to just right exactly everything he says has to be a lie, because you need that to be a lie exactly.
Speaker 3: I gotta keep my paper house up cool.
Speaker 2: I'll look forward to a direct any chance they could have a big game, or like a relatively big game again, there.
Speaker 5: Maybe some game cub of stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe we'll get I don't think we're gonna get anything bigger than finally seeing that fire Emblem remake that we all believe is happening of Okay, that one that's pretty big, but yeah, pretty big, pretty big, but not like here's the surprise a three D Mario game. His coming out this year is though, Monny, think that big or even one tier below that? But a tier below that big?
Speaker 2: Sure, la bo to Finally we've got to above mar You build.
Speaker 3: A saxophone out of cardboard? All right? I love it? That sounds amazing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Pokemon is teasing next week's Pokemon Presents stream. The stream is gonna happen on July twenty seconds, so it's a week from today broadcast. It will be broadcasted on the Pokemon YouTube channel. Yeah, they're they're teasing it, but really, Jim, what do you need from Pokemon these days?
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, Gang, I feel like I might have traded in my badges and my poke balls. Sorry, Sonic, the Hedgehogs, SpongeBob and Final Fantasy characters and fucking magic the gathering. Let's go. You've grown up.
Speaker 3: That's maturity, the true son of puberty.
Speaker 1: Also, the reality is like Pokemon cards are so fucking expensive right now that even Barber Jean is out of the game. Wow.
Speaker 7: Really, okay, the barber business are on the cards.
Speaker 3: The cards for sure.
Speaker 1: Yo, Okay, there was a stabbing near me because of Pokemon cards.
Speaker 3: That's right, did you know what? Like, that's the game you're into that, that's that's just the price to pay, you know. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, god, yeah, I don't know. I've been out of the Pokemon game. I the Pokemon game that I want to see more on is the competitive one that they showed that may just be locked to a mobile game I always called Champions or something. It's like a one that's the only one I care about. I don't I don't give a shit about z.
Speaker 2: Ah, well, yeah, he's the one you're probably gonna get most of the updates on. I said that seems like it's time for them to say exactly when and where and how much and all that for that game.
Speaker 1: So yep, that'll probably be I like the.
Speaker 7: Last Legends, I'm hopeful for Za I.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Do you think we see a black and white remake? Because announcer, we thought that was gonna happen last time, yeah, and then it didn't.
Speaker 2: Well, Ron beginning to just real quick about the timeline. Are we in the thirtieth anniversary.
Speaker 3: Year of mans came out in Japan?
Speaker 1: So no?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's next year, so they could announce it for next year, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: It doesn't seem probably red and blue again. Yeah, that being said, I do want to go to Pokemon Worlds, so that that'd be cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, I should go.
Speaker 1: Let let me commentate if.
Speaker 3: They want to rehook you. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Donkey Kong Bananca director says he's aware of occasional performance issues and they're prior prioritizing fun. You guys feel like this is an actual problem or like Puddle News a little bit.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of anxiety online about like I'll play the game, then I'll see if I think if it's a problem, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, I played it and I didn't notice it while I was playing it, you know, and typically I kind of I don't like thirty frames a second if it occasionally drops down.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Look, Breath of the Wild, we talked about it before Kykriko Village got fucking it chugged, you know, and it's still like my favorite game ever. Obviously, in the perfect world, I'd love it be a sixty the whole time, but I would rather have a full destructible like world than that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I kind of want the I don't want the limit to be here's the safe zone of like what I can destroy. I want them to be like, no, you destroy as much as you want, and the game might start to slow down because you might go ham and we're not going to stop you from doing that. So I'm glad that they are prioritizing fund because that's to me, that's what that's that's what that means.
Speaker 3: Games out in two days.
Speaker 7: That's why I wonder if there's gonna be any reviews or anything like, because it was one thing with Mario Kart, and I'm like, are we never gonna get like early Nintendo game reviews again with the switch to era.
Speaker 4: I think at the very least, they're being much more singy about stuff because I've talked to around people in a lot of places and I don't know anyone personally that's playing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're being weirder than even normal as NTINDO with the stuff. So it's not just the reviews. They're also like still not like readily handing out dev kits to developers, Like they're still being weird, like because the system's out now, so it's a publicly known factor. Everyone knows what the system is, so there's no reason to try to prevent as many developers from getting the thing as possible to dead kit because you're worried about them leaking something because now it's already out there, So what is the reason. I think they were like, well, we don't want to give it to an unknown developer that might help with piracy or something. It's like, well that's a well known indie developer. What are you what are you talking about? So they are being really weird on that side of things, and on the review side, of things. I think they're just kind of really shell shocked from the piracy that they happened in the last several systems.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's that, and the you know, the things that they consider big leaks, like the amount of cat shines in Bowser's theory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a little weird. Like, I look, they have.
Speaker 7: The right to protect themselves and all this stuff, but I kind of wish they would also be aware, like, well, there was a lot of piracy and whatnot on the Switch one and we still made a zillion dollars. Yeah, Like I wish at a certain point they would just sort of accept that, Yeah, a little bit that's going to happen. It probably won't be as about with the switch too, if your architecture is better and protected against that. I wish they'd stop making it.
Speaker 3: All of our problems.
Speaker 5: I do think you will see some reviews.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know, and I am maybe pre release even I don't know when the barge would be. But like I think it's like very select places and the fact that, like you know, we know people at a lot of the big places, and a lot of the big places didn't get it, So I don't know who did.
Speaker 2: So yep, Yeah, I've heard some very like intermittent intermittent positive buzz, but and like beyond the previews, but beyond that, like, it doesn't seem like anyone really has it for the most part, maybe one or two reviews.
Speaker 3: Day we're all in jail together USA today might have a review. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's bananas A.
Speaker 2: Nintendo and Universal are planning a Donkey Kong movie. This is one that we kind of felt honestly. It's like, didn't the announce that years ago? And that was just like an obvious sort of rumor, right, and now it's here we are. It's like they have put it into like a schedule of assets thing for when they're talking to investors. But hey, we're going to be making a Donkey Kong movie as well. And this is them in Universal Illumination coming back together. Of course they are I think a full Mario world, you know, not multiverse, but cinematic universe is something they probably want to do at Illumination because, especially if the doc Kung movie does well, that signifies to them that they can just keep making these for forever and that they will all make a billion dollars.
Speaker 1: So yeah, not too suppressed. So I the Mario movie was a DreamWorks joint, right or.
Speaker 2: Not dream Work Illumination, which they're both owned by Universal Now I think so.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend I watched the live action How to Train Your Dragon movie, which was just a carbon copy of the animated movie. Just dollar, do you think we're going to get to a point with the Mario movie and whatever Mario cinematic universe they're going to create here that maybe five ten years down the line, Nintendo will be comfortable to take another stab at a live action Mario. No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think that this one worked so well and made so much money.
Speaker 2: Maybe not in ten years, But I don't know. Man, eventually why they taking animated ones?
Speaker 3: And didn't you who was saying that kids hate live action movies? Now I was true, that's true. I don't know. I guess I mean Sonics live action and fucking love that.
Speaker 7: You know what, Sonic is a rare exception to that. You're right, well, the Lion.
Speaker 3: King movie is a live action, man, and.
Speaker 7: I agree, obviously that's not like blank sayment because like that Leland Stitch movie, which is live action, like did very very well.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we were trying to watch a movie this weekend, and I'm trying to get did to watch two movies the Material too. Yeah, I'm trying to get him to what did you say material? Is that the material?
Speaker 1: No? No, that's the Pedro Pascal right.
Speaker 3: We're trying to get them to watch the Substance.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're trying to get him to watch Missus Doubt Fire. Oh okay, and we're trying to get him to watch Wayne's World. Okay, Wayne World be interesting.
Speaker 1: Like both these movies a lot as a kid, I didn't the Wayne's.
Speaker 3: World pitch is like so easy, right, It's like.
Speaker 1: Dude, these are YouTubers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm like, don't you like, don't you want to see like the first YouTubers who love hockey, who love heavy metal and just like hang out right right and Swans Beetles the needles right, fucking meat loafs in it? Okay, what's the problem?
Speaker 2: And uh, we're roboting apparently, just but we can love our local recordings.
Speaker 3: Just keep going and we're trying to get uh and he wouldn't do it, So we settled on Ninja Turtles too, which.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was my favorite movie.
Speaker 5: That was if you were the right age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a scene where they're recruiting foot soldiers. Yeah. And the guy this goon who like crosses over forty second Street to like meet the the sort of cast of rascals and hoodlums and outcasts. He's just like, who's hell was gonna work? Okay, all right, only you was gonna have to take a test and then we's gonna decide who gets in new organization. It's amazing. I just want that injected into everybody's eye. I'm gonna start talking that way. He should. I like I had to rewind it and watch it seven times because it is so fucking awesome. Also Raphael the entire time like so like Michael Angelo sounds like he's from uh, you know, like the West Coast, right, I forgot? And and Raphael sounds like he's born in bred Staten Island, And it's like, what happened? I get it off from New York different shows anyway, So we so the next night after Ninja Turtles is like, all right, dude, doubt fire Waynswo'll picket we he And maybe there is some truth to what you've said, Mike, because we had to watch toy Story two instead, which I've never seen. It's really good. That's a good movie. That's real good. I kind of want to see three now, oh.
Speaker 1: That much. Four.
Speaker 3: Everyone says three is the perfect movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's the perfect ending, is what they'll say. And then keep going sometimes and that's all right, Sure we'll get to we'll get to Chase the one with Wayne Knight, right, yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me I look like Kim. That's not flattering people.
Speaker 1: People have told me.
Speaker 7: That sometimes, and I'm keep that one to yourself. Actually, that's not that's not a confidence boosters.
Speaker 3: Are people saying you look like the toy store guy or Wayne.
Speaker 1: Knight the toy store guy.
Speaker 3: That's not nice. You don't look like him.
Speaker 4: Chad says, we took my then seven year old son to a neighborhood movie night, and the folks in church decided that Weird Science was a good movie for the kids. I had that on BHS when I was a kid, and I loved I was probably about seven and I love that.
Speaker 3: But we all know, yeah, you had a different childhood.
Speaker 4: Never explained to my stepdad at the time, like ran for a second of a like video rental store, like he started his own like family video type thing and went out of business pretty quick, but he had all these fucking VHS tapes. So we just had milk crates and milk crates filled with all these like VHS's from like you know, eighty two to like ninety four, and so there's the ones that I was constantly dipping into. And so I would just see like the cover of Weird Science and pop it in, like yeah that makes sense, Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It'd be Weird Science today. They would not make a beautiful like swimsuit model. They would make a horse girl. That's what That's what would happen in that movie.
Speaker 1: That we'd be a YouTuber.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be a tuber.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I God, I got I like lit up just hearing somebody talk about Secret of the News.
Speaker 3: That was just absolutely.
Speaker 7: I know, like everyone respects the first movie more and I get it, and like the second one is definitely more market.
Speaker 3: It's like Rocky versus Rocky four Secret so far it's just pitch black and you you need to like pump up the gamma even watch that film.
Speaker 1: No to get on the high horse of like see why I think Secret of the Use is better than the first one and you know, a lot more colorful, a lot more colorful, but yo as the little kid with not a lot of like brown kid representation. Seeing Keno, I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, ship mom, I'm going to go deliver pizzas.
Speaker 1: Now, ca over Casey Jones hot take?
Speaker 3: Why don't you pump the breaks down?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm with you, I'm with you, Mike.
Speaker 3: Why can't why not? Both? Right? Why not both? It is kind of like where is Casey Jones in the second one?
Speaker 1: He was terrible?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I thought he was a fun character.
Speaker 5: Was it like Chris Maroney or something?
Speaker 3: No Elias Codius? Who if I say Jones.
Speaker 2: Sator maybe mis pronounced Chris Maloney or whatever. That Like that's a good like that is who that cared do gang?
Speaker 3: They're they're doppelgangers for sure. Jason. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like the opening, like a couple of minutes of tm N T two makes me salivate.
Speaker 7: It's an underground Before that, the pizza montage is the greatest opening of a movie ever.
Speaker 3: How good Fellas that landed? Real? Well? That but that and that's like the most New York part of the whole movie because everything else is like so blatantly. Yeah that title when they jump, when they then they freeze frame it and they jump. I forgot. I had pre ordered all these like Ninja Turtles to Neca action figures and I unearthed them after the movie, and obviously is going crazy and he wants the t g R I canister. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, the new Toteller was better than the Corey Feldman.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, he just the way he says, Yeah, that a lot all the time.
Speaker 3: I do that all the time. It's crazy. You rediscover all the things you say all the time. Every time I watch Wayne's World, every time, I was like, oh my god, I say that often.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Keno is also the stunt guy for Donna Teller.
Speaker 1: Ernie raised Junior shouts out to fucking up cancer these.
Speaker 2: Movies should I I could? I can totally just show them teenage Meinja Turtles on. They liked they had a peer where they liked some of the cartoons and the animated shows.
Speaker 3: They watched that new anime movie that was really good. Yes, and they like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one is really good.
Speaker 3: Like people's first sort of like pushback is like, oh it's violent, Like no, no, those are not These are not movies, and they're just from the soldiers, damn. And the puppets are so good.
Speaker 2: Super best thing that Jim handsOn Workshop did after Rastle.
Speaker 7: Right, what's great because three it wasn't Jim and you could just see the quality diplay creating.
Speaker 3: That's the that's the Samurai one, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Samurais are watching hockey on TV and out.
Speaker 3: Were expecting the Adams family.
Speaker 1: I had a fucking jump scare. I was scrolling through TikTok and someone was like talking about and so I stuck around and then they showed the fucking Michael Bay Turtles.
Speaker 3: Oh that was so that happened.
Speaker 7: Seamus was in the second I never saw the second one boy Receive and or rock Steady, and he was like the live action one before he got turned into the mutant.
Speaker 3: Then he became the voice. Oh I legit.
Speaker 2: Could not watch those movies because I hated looking at the hurtle. They looked disgusting, and Turtles it was the whole.
Speaker 7: Over designed thing that Michael Bay can't stop himself with. They had they had that's the right response. Megan Fox like, whatever, but.
Speaker 5: Where are their teeth like this?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think I've told you all this do y'all remember who Master Splinter's voice was, Yeah, who, Tony Shaloup.
Speaker 3: Monk.
Speaker 1: It's weird, weird choice, very weird.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Man, while we're talking about movies, Hey, uh Rachel Brosnahanda was fucking fantastic because Lois Lade she was just marvelous and amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm going to see that this next week. She's like an emo below emo punk rock?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, what.
Speaker 3: Makes her emo punk rock? Anyway?
Speaker 1: H So Seth Rogan is gonna be Donkey Kong again.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, God, thank you. Yeah, I guess. Oh yeah, they're going to bring him back. They'll bring him back.
Speaker 7: I mean they established the whole Kong's world pretty deeply in that other movie, and we saw Diddy and Trixie for a bit.
Speaker 1: They'll have more to do.
Speaker 7: I don't think we saw Funky in that movie, so we'll see Funky.
Speaker 2: Probably think he's like on one of the carts in the background in one of the scenes.
Speaker 4: Maybe I saw an image of Bonanza was supposedly leaked. Uh, I don't know. It's not like I don't know this counts as a spoiler.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you right now. Will people look at you.
Speaker 3: I don't care, but people, something completely insane.
Speaker 4: If it's real, if anybody wants to mute for like twenty seconds bluster Kong from the fucking TV show looking off funked up like bluster Kong.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it.
Speaker 4: Was a joke, photoshop thing or something, but if fucking bluster Kong from The Crystal Coconut is in this game, there's no way that's real. People are saying it's fake. Okay, all right, that would be so fucking weird. All right, anyway, not a spoiler.
Speaker 3: Not a spoiler. It's okay, it's fake. It's not even a spoiler. Okay, Yeah, it's fake, Mike, fake bluster Kong from the TV show. Yeah, it's like a blurry screen that guy can wreck. No one can recreate blurriness and photoshop. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway E's putting in me for be it on the shelf. That's the last story I got your headlines. It's weird because it's like, that's a series that even when I was like does anyone still care about these?
Speaker 1: They still sold really well.
Speaker 2: They were often like the top ten best selling games of the year, and now doesn't even want to do those anymore, So what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just don't want to make games.
Speaker 7: That's the way that last one came and went a bit. But I thought that about the ones before that too, and they apparently still sold really well.
Speaker 1: Anyways.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so ah, yeah, it's a bumber because we're not getting a ton of racing games anymore. Like, you know, the Forts Motorsports Studio was a big part of those layoffs that recently happened for Speed. It's not looking great for my Ridge Racer reboots. This used to be such an important genre, such an impactful genre, and now it's like, unless you have Sonic or Mario in it, good luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ea also kind of just ran rough shot over Code Masters, who they acquired in the last couple of years. It's been a famous you know, driving game studio. Well not anymore really. They got I think they still make F one so they'll still have that or whatever. But yeah, so no more need for Speed for now. It's kind of indiffinite. But this is like the company was like, Okay, maybe they'll get back around to burn Out. Well forget about that, that's never happening. They're not even making need for speed anymore, so bummer. All right, that does for the headlines. I'm handing the show back over to you, Jan.
Speaker 1: All right, Gang, we're gonna go take a quick bricky break and wax poetically about the city of New York, cheese, pizza, and the sewers. Wow, sewers making a big impact of this episode right after this, and we'll be back with emails on YouTube super chats right after this. These are the emails or the show at super Chats. BombCast at giant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails too. And hey, thank you everyone for sending your emails. We have an obscene amount almost rivaling that of the voicemails coming in. And I love and appreciate all the kind words, all of the random, miscllaneous messages. Jeff Grubb, you speak about mail. You got something in the mail just now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my mail just got delivered and I got a Puyo Puyo in the mail. It's Tetris on it. It's a Tetris block.
Speaker 7: I assumed it was a SpongeBob SquarePants when I first saw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did too.
Speaker 2: When I opened up the box and it was square and yellow.
Speaker 3: And porous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I got gamer gummies.
Speaker 7: Oh Mantris gamer Gummiestris gamer gummies.
Speaker 2: Made by Power Bears, which usually makes a different kind of product, I think.
Speaker 3: But all right, yeah, and then iHeart Tetris. Come on, come on, come on? Am I a Power Bear?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Thank yeh yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: There you go, folks talk about representation, Bombcastigiant bomb dot com once again, the email addresses and your emails too. We got an obsunon amount a bunch this week. We may we only have the time to get through a couple of them, but first email the show comes from ABS from Brighton UK. ABS rights in all right, Bomb Giant Bomb Crew. Looks like this is the most relevant time to mention this. So when I was back in college in the UK, I knew someone who had their car pimped out on the show pimped My Ride UK, hosted by the now problematic host Tim Westwood. Here's a link to the episode on YouTube. There was there was one very clear thing about the UK edition of the show that I could clearly remember was that the budget for this show was clearly lesser than the US version. Instead of pre release PSPs given out or plasma screens being installed into bumpers we had especially for the guy I knew, a camcorder installed into the dashboard, or stone handprints of British actor Danny Dyer used to upgrade the vehicles. The car in question was a red Suzuki Swift, and I remember going on nights out. Nights out were as a taller man I would go. I would normally go in front of the passenger seat of a car because my legs were too long for the.
Speaker 7: Back seat all that I could afford.
Speaker 1: Do you find that but to make us not look like a group of mischievous reprobates in a mobile death trap, I would sit in the back and the backrest of the front seat would go against my legs, as a backrest couldn't stand upright on its own accord after the car had been pimped. Here two other things I remember. The car would constantly have to have work done on it, as the car would constantly break down. I'm pretty sure that there was a contractual obligation that they must take the car to a specific motor shows and events to promote the show. So even after getting the work done, he drove the car for less time than if he had just left it alone. I would like to add that my memory of this whole debacle is very fuzzy as it's roughly twenty years ago. Helpe you find it interesting. Nonetheless, thanks for everything you do. Abs from Brighton UK.
Speaker 7: That's fun time that they could just be like we got to take your car for a bit, we got a promoters show.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm sorry, a stone handprint of British actor Danny Dyer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who's Danny Dyer?
Speaker 3: Nobody? Who the fuck is that? It's incredible, Like that's where I got hung up on this whole time.
Speaker 4: I've been like, you know, his breakthrough role was as Moth and human Traffic. He was open so if you don't know that he was also Billy the Limpet and mean Machine. Also you remember him as Tommy Johnson in the Football Factory right.
Speaker 1: Football thousand and four? What what about Emailer's friend made them think like, oh well, we got to get this guy's handprinted.
Speaker 2: They just like happened to have Danny Dyer about, Like that's just what happened there, Like this is what we can afford.
Speaker 1: He's standing there.
Speaker 7: Rules Danny Tyer is going to be in an upcoming Christmas musical drama film called Christmas Karma.
Speaker 1: Is that a Hallmark original? I don't think it is a Hallmark might be a BBC No, No, oh boy? Uh well, emailer, I hope you know what. Send pictures of the car if you have any. I would love to see them. Oh yeah, what zealous celebrity? Would you like handprints in your car?
Speaker 3: John? He's way higher than that. Yeah, he's like C Now Yeah not Z. John Lovet's letters Z the last letter of the album.
Speaker 5: Oh you said Z?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, I was gonna say, like, what is he in something now that is big that I.
Speaker 3: Don't know about?
Speaker 2: On a podcast he had gems moment, My god, I would love that.
Speaker 7: Would be armand Shimmerman, the guy who played Quark on d Space nine.
Speaker 2: Just for you, buddy, Yeah, I want I already craft hanging on my wall. Actually I want I want Mimsy, who is our local angry lawyer on billboards?
Speaker 7: Yeah, on his handprints in my car. You're from Ohio, you know Mimsy? Your northeast Ohio?
Speaker 4: Anyways, isn't John Lovett's long long canceled?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 1: I s? Everyone likes John?
Speaker 3: Now you're thinking Rob Schneider, Yeah, Snyder, Yeah, yeah, high school High? I remember?
Speaker 5: Is dipseeen high School?
Speaker 3: High? Yet?
Speaker 1: Sky High? Remember negative?
Speaker 3: Sky is an all time great movie. It's awesome. It's so good.
Speaker 2: It's about a kid going to high school to become a superhero. It's okay, cheesy, but it's really well done.
Speaker 5: It was a sky High and I was picturing soul Plane because I thought.
Speaker 2: Involved as far as I know, the Mad Redman movie, how High, Yes.
Speaker 3: Which is not the worst. It's fine. God, what is that movie with Kelsey Grammer and Adam Copeland on a plane? Oh? Money train, money plane? Yeah?
Speaker 5: What's the thing in the trailer? It was like you ever want to see a guy fuck an alligator?
Speaker 3: Money plane?
Speaker 2: Like, wait, Dan, you've seen megalopis right? Yes, I have, Okay, has anyone else seen it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I think I want to tell me if this is real. I think I saw it as a clip from this movie. Is there a point where uh, what what is their name of the Platinum?
Speaker 3: Wow? Wow? Platinum Wow Platinum?
Speaker 2: And the other guy, the the the creator whatever, walks in the room and John what's his name is got a crossbow under his blanket and he says.
Speaker 1: Do you like looking at my boner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Johnny, he says, when you get a load of my boner, and then he removes the blanket and he shoots her in the heart with the crossbow.
Speaker 4: That sounds about right, yep, yeah, yeah, I think that happened.
Speaker 3: Crossbow thing happened.
Speaker 5: I just forgot if he killed Wild Platinum or not.
Speaker 2: Okay, man, this sounds like a work of art beyond what I could possibly concede.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would recommend people seeing Megalopolis. Yes, it's not quite It's not a net is like a good one of those megalo is a bad one.
Speaker 1: Of those cool fantasy effects reality.
Speaker 5: That's what I've been saying.
Speaker 1: Yep, ye, all right, No, the.
Speaker 3: Jets don't know.
Speaker 4: That's that's my non spoiler version of my Clare obscure stuff.
Speaker 5: Is now that what you get out how fantasy effects reality?
Speaker 3: Yes, oh my god, damn Dan three point zero sucks.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan.
Speaker 3: I love that. I'm for the fourth version. Game is a good game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay. I was sticking in the UK. Tom from the UK writes in High Bombers, I attended one of the public days at TGS twenty thirteen Tokyo Game Show where there was a playable demo of Deep Down, which I ended up playing. It was a time limited demo, maybe six minutes at most. If I known how things were going to turn out, I would have savored every second, but I didn't. If you're interested, here's what I remember, feel free to skip this. I'm not. I'm one hundred percent sure that the play character could walk forward and turn both left and right. Walking backwards might have been possible, but I don't remember trying. Also, attack was on either right shoulder button or right trigger. Apart from that, my memory is extremely fuzzy. I think what happened is what I walked forward, fell down a hole, smashed some pots, started climb the ladder, and then my time was up. Apparently there were some enemies in the demo, but I'm sure that that I didn't fight any Maybe there were at the top of the ladder. Are there any games which ended up not being released that the crew remember playing at a trade show or preview event? Love the show been listening since two thousand and nine and I look forward to it every week. Keep up the good work.
Speaker 7: I played Soak Song at E through twenty nineteen. And Nintendo's Boof Was it just I had like one station in the middle of like the Boof we like in the rest of them, right, Like that kind of thing is like the last day, as I was leaving, I asked, I'm play a little Silk song. This is neat, Yeah, little tite noe. No one else would be playing that game for over half a decade, but that game.
Speaker 1: Will come out.
Speaker 7: I didn't play it, but I do think about that Prey to Theater demo. Yeah, like twenty ten, twenty eleventhing like that, and like everybody thought that thing looked amazing, and then that game got canceled and it was a bummer. There's also I saw a presentation for that Parts of the Caribbean game that looked a lot like Fable two, but it was Parts of the Caribbean. It wasn't like Johnny Depp. It was the original story in that world and it looked me and I thought there was something there. And that day game also did not ever come out.
Speaker 3: I remember playing. I mean it did come out, but Sculling Bones was like.
Speaker 7: There was like a different VI played a different game than what came out almost certainly, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Remember that.
Speaker 1: I remember playing a very bad Olympics game this I think this was my first E three. I no one else wanted this appointment, so I got stuck with it. It was like a Konami Olympics game for the Switch one, and I went to the appointment very nervous. And then as I was taking the appointment and playing the game, I was like, this is very bad. Is it okay that it's bad? I feel bad that it's bad. And then I don't know if it ever came out.
Speaker 2: I played some Skull and Bones early on, and the game was not much like that. When it eventually came out, it was very different. But that's the closest thing I have to this. Most of the games I played were you know, it was like Midas is Touched. They all turned into big hits. It did very well.
Speaker 1: Tom has a post. When Top Gun Maverick was released in Japan, there was a cross promotion with Uma Musume. As part of this, the voice actress for Mayano, Top Gun and three of the other voice actresses attended the Japanese premiere. They did a short interview with Tom Cruise where they told him they were horse girls and asked him to say I copy. It was incredibly wholesome. There we go, all right, moving along.
Speaker 7: There is something I'm sorry, There is something that Jay said about scientologists and the horse girl man.
Speaker 1: Like see Trevor and Tucson writes and Hello Duders. Last week, I.
Speaker 3: Finally made a childhood dream come true and brought home a pinball machine.
Speaker 1: Williams Whirlwind. It's been my favorite pin since I was a kid and wanted to be a meteorology meteorologist. Meteor meteor I can't you got it? Keep on me other ralogist yep. Then I went to school forgot about my dreams and ended up a lawyer instead. Life happens for Backlar. Any ownership tips for everyone? If you were developing a giant bomb themed pinball machine, what features would each of you pick to include? I can't help but imagine a large talking dan head gimmick on the playfield, a la Rudy from Funhouse, the great work Trevor from Tucson.
Speaker 3: Don't put that stuff into the into the world.
Speaker 4: You'll you'll you're gonna break into Backlar's house and install that in his pinball machines.
Speaker 3: That would be quite the fucking heist. Yeah, I mean you have an old machine. That thing's old. Uh, so you have to make sure all of your you know, connections and your your metal tips are clean or you know, you're gonna have problems with whirlwind. That's it, those things. I guess that was like maybe ninety or eighty. Yeah, so it's you know, I my fun house definitely went a little nutty, even after I generally restored it. You just you know, and the problem with those machines is that the PCBs that they run on are like the size of the entire backboard. Like right now now they're like raspberry pies. They're like, you know, four by four inches. They're little circuit boards. Now. The old ones from back then are so big they're just susceptible to stuff. A lot of fuses can blow, so you know, I would like sounds crazy, but like almost preemptively like scoping out a fuse set for the machine just to have on hand for when one does inevitably blow is a good sort of thing to just have and just keep it as clean as possible. You know, those things are designed to take a beating, but there's still just you know, big old analog pieces of uh you know, machinery that can that can get you know, jostle around. I if we I remember I did a top ten where I I like made up a beast cast pinball game. Do you remember. Yeah, I remember like a couple of years ago where we had like different multi ball you know modes and stuff like that. Yeah. I love all that. I I do like toys and the mechanical stuff like Jurassic Park has a t rex that bites the ball and spits it out like that stuff rules, So more of that the better.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I like anything involving magnets or things coming up from the board. Like I'm a I'm a big fan of the Jaws arcane machine. Yeah, one like Jaws himself comes up, but also his Finn comes up for a bit and you have to hit that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'd like something like that.
Speaker 7: Uh In one of my games, like I'm trying to think how to tight end with a robocopp or a Mortal Kombat Mythologies thing or something, your feet pop up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hit my feet, everybody, and then after you like knock out all the toes, you just hear a voice clip if you're going they're flaky man.
Speaker 5: I like whenever there's like a second pinball thing, like there's a.
Speaker 3: Second below the playfield. Yeah. The sub stuff is really cool. I think the g at Night down there. Yeah, yeah, that'd be sill. The Lebowski machine, which I know is like riddled with like quality assurance issues, has a sub field that's like a bowling alley in it. Oh cool. I do like that.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: I just like when you have to spell the word at the top with like there's four slots in B O M B and you gotta like hit the buttons to make adjust which one's lit up, and so the ball hits one that's not lit up so it clicks in place.
Speaker 7: I like that set up. Like we at the start, we'll say shoot, right because it's it's funny.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna shoot, then shoot.
Speaker 1: What do you okay? I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I heard two people on the show now say the word couple and then they more than two things. What do you all think the word couples?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 1: I'm just not hard.
Speaker 3: I'm not like a hard.
Speaker 5: I'm hard on three or four? You know, yeah, several am I wrong?
Speaker 3: But isn't like the actual definition of the word two companies?
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, that's the actual definition. Yeah, but I'll use it to mean a few. I will don't.
Speaker 1: I don't like that we have a pick.
Speaker 2: Now, that's what I say too. I'll say a pair. I have a word for that. So I'm like, you know, a pair of for a pair.
Speaker 1: When I'm looking at that a nice pair walking down the boardwalk there, you know, I call them a couple.
Speaker 3: Couple. Yeah, that is insane that you you said the sentence. I will sometimes use the word couple to mean a few.
Speaker 2: And then I'll use a few to me nothing, It was nothing to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone run the poll please all right. Next email comes from Alex from San Antonio, Texas. My team. I've loved the show for nearly ten years, and now are you are my favorite podcast? I never really right, but just wanted to ask. The following is returnal the blood Born of this gen Thanks ps. Dan has been my favorite from the first time I heard him on the podcast. Was gutted when he left, but damn am I glad he's stuck around. Alex from San Antonio, Texas, sent from my iPhone.
Speaker 3: I think, Alex, that's the kind of you.
Speaker 7: It is kind of the bloodborn because of it of this gen because it's this really super praised example of as genre that is actually a bit overrated.
Speaker 4: No Bloodborne has gotten its flowers many times over. I like Returnal more than Bloodborne. I'll go back and play it. Maybe I'll change my mind, but I think Returnal is still God is it maybe the best PS five no astrobot. But it's like it's a tremendous, triminous game. Whose game of the year it came out? Yes, Returnal deserves way more flowers than it gets.
Speaker 1: I think it gets a lot more flowers than you realise.
Speaker 7: I think you're surrounded by us being kind of poo pooing on it a little bit, a little bit, maybe.
Speaker 1: I feel indifferent to return I always wanted to check out the multiplayer mode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do want to try that too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's right, they didn't do that. I want to play that?
Speaker 1: Is that just two max?
Speaker 3: I think? Is that a couple of players? I'm putting that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's actually good? All right? Hey, dudes, is mich aware that in the Connectict New York, New Jersey area there's a supermarket chain that's been called the Disneyland of supermarkets by the New York Times.
Speaker 3: Hell, yeah, I know it's going to be.
Speaker 1: It's called I never heard of this and in addition to being built like an Ikea as it has audio animatronics singing mass a mascot cow named Clover walking around, and some have gold goats outside that you can feed. My favorite song is the Whole Fresh Vegetable Song with Cindy Celery and Larry Lettuce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mitch.
Speaker 4: If you've ever seen the Comedians and Cars with Seinfeld and Letterman, they go there because it's like a word Letterman lived.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, Backlar.
Speaker 7: You got to take me to a stut Leonards so good.
Speaker 3: I mean it's yeah, the the experience is great, but the food there is out of control. Like it's very very good.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of like Desserty snacky type stuff. That's really a grocery store.
Speaker 3: They have to have a huge Baker's.
Speaker 1: There's a whole band of milk. Yeah, there's a milk band.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's awesome. They might they make their own pet chips and there the milk.
Speaker 2: The milk skin face is upsetting to look at.
Speaker 4: Oh my, next time you come here, I got to take you to the biggest candy store in Minnesota. It's just a giant yellow barn and it's got singing candy things like animatronic singing guys.
Speaker 7: You did a video with that for men man Leo, Yeah, I saw that one they get ro I'll see that.
Speaker 1: Walt Disney animatronic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's son holy and I like it. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: It makes I forget that really.
Speaker 3: I think it's need. How he can lean back on a desk. I think that's cool.
Speaker 1: I mean it's good technology for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Hey, look he brought back Lincoln. He was He had to defend though, but everyone's like, we don't know if you should do that, So we can't ask him if he'd be okay with it. But he'd be a hipocrit if he said no.
Speaker 5: Walt Disney brought back Abe Lincoln.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, from the dead, from the.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 7: At the time, he made a robot percon of ape that was one of the first animatronics. Was Abe Lincoln like a world fair and it's at Disneyland.
Speaker 3: It's great, all right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, gang, only a couple more emails, but we did receive a boatload this week once again. Bombcasti giant bomb dot Com. This email comes from John from South Dakota. Hello, Duders, this may be my first email, frankly after listening to you for two entire children eight plus years. I'm not sure if I've emailed you before. If any of you haven't had an MMO arc, Thanks for everything you do. John from South Dakota.
Speaker 4: I actually think the first series I might have done on Giant Bomb before like Middle Year and Mario Party, was it was.
Speaker 5: Called like thirty Day Trial.
Speaker 4: And it's because I had never played a MMO before and I got like a thirty day trial to World of Warcraft. And I think we did like four episodes of me trying it out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember watching that, but I'd be curious how that went.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think I generally was like I get it, you know, like I didn't play it afterwards at all, but it's like I get it. I think I still just couldn't track with like paying for a game every month. I think that just I still can't figure that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did.
Speaker 7: I've had thousands of hours in World Warcraft and Final Fantasy fourteen World Warcraft.
Speaker 1: Like on and off since it came out.
Speaker 7: Definitely had some high points with like God, I was doing, like, you know, like rating and everything during Legion, quite a bit of Raft of the lich King. When Wow Classic first came out, I played a ton of that and was doing Molten Core, Black Wing Layer things like that, and then Yeah fourteen, especially from that in that shadow Lands and n Walker era, I was playing an absolute ton of Fantasy fourteen and loved it. So I've been a big MMO person in the back. And there were some that like I played a bit of back when they were relevant, even going back to Dark Age of Camelot, which was kind of like the in between ever Quest and World of Warcraft one.
Speaker 3: Dark Age of Camont was really cool.
Speaker 1: Remember Ashuran's Call Back.
Speaker 7: When that came out, and that was the then Astaurants Call two came out and it wasn't that good, so they canceled that and just kept making more Asturants Call one stuff. I have a fascination one MMOs. I think they're neat. It's a big time commitment. It's hard to find the time anymore. Even like Lord of the Rings online, Star Trek online, they make momos for these properties.
Speaker 3: I really like.
Speaker 7: I'll you know, I've dipped into those, but almost afraid to make too big of a commitment in them.
Speaker 1: I have always been curious to go all the way into Final Fantasy fourteen. I get in for like a couple hours, and then I the the rest of gaming catches up to me and like, oh, I don't have time for this anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I definitely had a pretty good spot there when you know, before doing too much of like this stuff, which I love, right, But yeah, I had a lot more time for Found Fancy fourteen than I do right now. Honestly, it was like part of it, like I'm not playing as many other games. That doesn't seem great for my job, right, Yeah, I still want to go back and finish the campaign for Don Treo and the patch stuff, like the story stuff, but by days of doing the like the big raids every week or whatnot probably behind me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've thought about doing just like a daily f f fourteen run for a bit, but then I just don't know what the interest would be in that, and then like, how do we even archive that?
Speaker 7: It's hard because like you playing Found Fantasy fourteen, going through the story mode is it is mostly going to be you clicking through dialogue boxes. That is the game it's like you better like that story and those characters. So it's in a lot of ways, it's actually not great streaming content. It really isn't all right.
Speaker 1: Moving on, Uh, let's see, I wanted to end with that one, so let's go to this one. Corey from Atlanta here last week's bomb cast Grub brought up trying to go to a weird al concert. Took my oldest son a few years ago and was only mildly interested at first, but he blew me away. That got me wondering if there are any concerts or something similar that you went to that you were not as pumped about. That changed your mind. Keep up the good work. You all are killing it, Corey.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: At a blizz Con, Muse was there and I was like, well, I guess I'll go see Mews since there I can see them for free because it's just part of blizz Con.
Speaker 1: Mus freaking rule. That was a great show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty good. I was always kind of impressed by that man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was a very impressive show that mus put on for all the Blizzard nerds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was Bonnaroo and I that's where I uh was trying to find a friend and there's like a bunch of stages and one of them was my Morning Jacket, and that's the first time I had heard them, and we both got like I found him and we got like sucked into that concert and couldn't stop watching because you know, it was a long week and we were partying, and then we're just like, oh, this is the exact music we need in this moment right now. And that was like really late at night too, so it just kind of hit us and never since them like, oh yeah, it's one of my favorite bands.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm not typically much of a concert guy, but I remember The Stones played Arrowhead Stadium maybe like seven or eight years ago, and.
Speaker 3: What I'm not typically a concert guy, but the Rolling Stone, I mean it's a huge Stone span.
Speaker 4: It seemed like, okay, they're old as fuck, this might be my one chance to see live, and I did.
Speaker 5: And I did not expect much from them, because like.
Speaker 4: I've seen Bob Dylan twice and he was okay, I'm the grandpa, yet you continue go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dylan was not good.
Speaker 4: The Stones, despite being like their upper seventies, were like much better than I expected.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got Carly ray Jepson tickets for like twenty bucks each and I thought I just wanted to hear the call me Maybe song. But then I became a lifelong fan because she fucking barred the house down, I.
Speaker 5: Said, Harley Race Jepson, And now I'm trying to figure out what that.
Speaker 1: Is Carley Ray, she is h yeah, yo emotions, fucking no skips album dog anyway, gosh. Last email of the show comes from Sandy. Hi, guys, Sandy from Minnesota here. A recent question about things to do in the area made me want to ask if Dan has been to starkad in Saint Paul. It's pretty cool too, floor arcade that's an old brewery and has cool stuff like old punch out machines, a big pinball section, and a big screen Mortal Kombat form machine at the rate of twenty five bucks for a day of freeplay. Either way, what's everyone's favorite local arcade slash game place if they have one. Also, my birthdays on Wednesday, would love to get a shout out from you. Thanks guys, Happy.
Speaker 3: Birthday, said birthday. Every birthday, Sady.
Speaker 4: I've considered this several times. A lot of people have told me about it. It sounds really cool. I consider doing it for my birthday last month, but wound up going bowling.
Speaker 3: I think it's just a thing around here.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm more so than others with this, but like you see Saint Paul on something, and it's like, I know, it's the Twin Cities, and I could like go down the highway and be in Saint Paul in like fifteen minutes. But it's like I've lived in Minnesota for like seven or eight years. I've been to Saint Paul like twice. I don't know, it's it's a whole different thing. It seems like Minnesota or Minneapolis has plenty enough, so I kind of don't go over there much. But if there's something I wanted to do there, it'd be Starkate. I've heard enough people say it's awesome.
Speaker 1: I do want to check it out.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 7: Gosh, there's a newer one around me in Gerard called Past Times that I need to go visit. Still, I've heard the things about that. When I was in Orlando recently, my friends took me to Arcade Monsters. That was a really good one. And then of course Jeff and I did that the road trip to Galloping Ghosts. That one that will kind of spoil you a little bit. That was pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: Yep, that was cool.
Speaker 2: I mean, Beck, there was an arcade you took us too in in in the.
Speaker 1: Jersey area, right, that was pretty cool. One of the is one of those shutting down?
Speaker 3: Is that what I read shutting down? Oh no, that was Yeah. That was somewhere else in north in further than I am. I guess in Jersey.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I had heard of it. I'd never been to it, but my the game Vault is where I'm pretty close to. I feel like most people now in the country live about an hour or less away from one of these places, right Like, I feel like they've been peppered out through throughout the country and mostly populated areas in such a way where like you can get your hands on one of these pretty pretty easily. I guess, like rural areas maybe not so much. But yeah, that that, uh, I mean that game Ball place is very well kept.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, sixteen bit around me was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: I like that a lot.
Speaker 2: We just go down there, there's a bunch of games and then whenever you like Mike comes to town or Dan was here, we went to sixteen that it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, even call it pins now that they have like a Pittsburgh one that's called pins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like they're they're both maybe they when I was.
Speaker 7: There, Yeah, sorry, go ahead, backler.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I get very freaked out when you mix alcohol and pinball. I think, like I get it hurt. Yeah, Like I'm just worried that some asshole is going to drop their beer on the glass. I'm just like, yeah, you can't. Like I worry for the owners, Like everything's fixable and it's fine, but there's something that makes me irrationally uneasy in those types of situations.
Speaker 5: I saw that Chuck E.
Speaker 4: Cheese is now getting into the barcade business and it's Chuck's Arcade, and I think they just opened the first one and it's in Kansas City, so I should do a I go back home.
Speaker 7: I thought they would have allified the name a bit more than just Chuck's Arcade.
Speaker 3: Is that what you want, mister ast for Chuck E.
Speaker 5: Cheese?
Speaker 3: Like I could see myself, but mister Cheese would have been pretty proper.
Speaker 4: I went to up down here in Minneapolis after the wedding of this weekend. If anyone spent it one years in Kansas City, Des Moines, Minneolachez.
Speaker 3: It's a chain.
Speaker 4: It's all just like everything on TV is just like American Gladiators and wrestling. Yeah, Crispin Wa matches up on the big screen this weekend.
Speaker 3: That was cool. I gotta say. I I was in Lake George last week uh in New York here, and I was at one of these arcades that's just like the kid casino thing. Yeah, I don't know, I know, this isn't really a hot take. Those things, those places should they just fucking suck. They just fucking suck, man, like all that stuff. You're they're just these ticket weirdos. And it's not even like the kids that care that much about the tickets. It's like old Grandpa's and yeah, who are just like give me. It's just like to do what sir, to get like a ninja air fryer for eleven thousand dollars, like I'm gonna get it to a toy cigarette. It's just you know, and like I you know, we did the thing. Like I love the the tart, the shooting range target things. They're just light gun stuff that like it's like an Old West setting and there's these little red bull's eyes on everything and you just make like the skeleton piano guys sing and you do all this stuff. I love that ship. But these guys like it's crazy people waiting on lines with the token machines and it's just like, I don't know, it's upsetting. I know this is very popular, and I'm rubbing against the thing that a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Do come after you. Now for sure, it feels bad.
Speaker 3: It just feels met.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is something I want to bring up to a group vote here, maybe for TGA's or next SGF. And we just have a coin pusher machine.
Speaker 4: The bonus hole. I went to Vegas Lounge this weekend and they got it. I posted a picture of it. There's it's called bull took Jesse Vitateelli to Vegas Lounge and there's a new game there and it's just a coin pusher and it just a bonus hole.
Speaker 5: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Remember to ask for consent, h loving partnership.
Speaker 3: Do not search bonus hole. No.
Speaker 4: No, like my to my replies, I'm blue Sky. I think it's fu awesome.
Speaker 3: Speaking about bonus bonus hole.
Speaker 1: All right, there's no way segue out of this. Mike Manatti, please hit us with some super chats.
Speaker 7: Bot Night says, Jan deserves more credit for a segus eleven out of ten. That's who you let down, Jan, That's who you let down giving.
Speaker 1: Up on the segues. Right then, it was boat Night.
Speaker 4: I was posted the link the bonus hole in the twitch jet. Oh good, I didn't want to call you looks good. I gave up on the segue, Mike because I didn't want to call you a bonus hole.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. This is the laziest coin push thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It's completely plain inside overcoord It's a bonus hole. Brother, this is the lowest effort to push coin thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: I love it. And then Bonus's face.
Speaker 1: I guess that's his name.
Speaker 2: He's like, tell you about his bonus hole for sure.
Speaker 3: This is the default unskinned coin bush game.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: When I searched for a bonus hole, the first thing that came up was a story by Telegraphy.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Vagina rebranded as bonus hole by Cervical Cancer Charity. Yep, Well, Sean, there's a clip for this week. There you go, big fresh story. So it says it's the ninth anniversary of Pokemon. Go to the polls. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Wow boy, holy shit.
Speaker 3: Oh what a what a great run campaign.
Speaker 5: Huh Cuomo is going to pull that out?
Speaker 1: You say Cuomo like you say cheeseburger at.
Speaker 3: This point that that dumb bitch is going to try anything. What uh wait? Was this actual gambling? Then it's just one of those coins things, But like what does it give you? It gives you money or what you give it?
Speaker 4: It's right next to the white claw claw machine or it's white it's white claw hands that are filled with was this bonus hole's the cat?
Speaker 7: The bonus hole gives you expect exactly what you put in.
Speaker 1: Baby, and break the law and hit them the bonus hole.
Speaker 5: Vegas Lounge is a good place.
Speaker 7: Simon from Saskatchewan says it's j'ref aware of Jeff's pledge with the new Donkey Kong game. Also, what are your thoughts on Mike's Donkey Kong draft unhinged fun segment on their show that Seen It? Oh backgrou don't know if you heard about that. But on Jeff and I's podcast, we had to draft them. We had to make up our own Donkey Kong games and pick them against each other. And mine was called Donkey Kong's orangu Tang gang Bang.
Speaker 1: Sean. That's the clip.
Speaker 3: Why why why did you do that? Because well, I'll tell you what a fucking won So you could choose.
Speaker 2: Diddy if you want to Diddy Kong grow bad. And he's like, this makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's proud. Okay, that's problematic in many ways. Uh huh. What was the first question, Jeff? What was your pledge with the new Donkey Kong game?
Speaker 2: If Funky Kong is not in Donkey Kong bananza, I'm going to become a terrorist.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's Mike. What did you say when you're frustrating rascals? Because just put that in my mind.
Speaker 1: I escalated in my mind and no one could ever.
Speaker 3: Could you be more specific? What flavor of the capital t will you be?
Speaker 1: Got that far ahead? Specified?
Speaker 2: I just I'm open for recruitment. Now put up my business email.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well it's been fun everyone.
Speaker 5: You got that business insurance?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well I can't wait till he's nott at that game. Martin Hallis says, would you go. If Randy Pittsford invited you to a magic show at his house and he said it was Borderlands for promotionally related pepot, I think I would.
Speaker 3: Not, Yeah, at his house.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go to a man's habit If that counts for anything.
Speaker 3: Livestream the entire thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, No, No, we couldn't because we can't reveal a magician's secrets.
Speaker 3: Back are the magician? Come on? Yeah? It wou'd have to be a pre arranged camera angle. I think if you.
Speaker 2: Go into his house, I feel like one of the first things he's going to say to us, like, well, you've been in my house, so I'm going to go into your house.
Speaker 3: It's only fine. I don't want that.
Speaker 7: Dupious Food says we need a Despelotte style game featuring hero Paul Reiker destroying big card.
Speaker 3: Oh my dad would have love Despilote big card greeting cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah that big reading cards.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, Oh that's right. The Hallmark ornament previews are happening. I haven't been able to make it yet because of the kawanoscopy.
Speaker 3: What huh?
Speaker 1: Come I everyone?
Speaker 3: Everyone? What what did he stutter?
Speaker 5: Markus?
Speaker 3: Our route?
Speaker 2: She missed it because of his college listen, I under I heard the words.
Speaker 3: They were clear.
Speaker 7: Usually me and my brother go when it opens on the first day. It's beat him and a bunch of old ladies. It's great because they have the ornaments out so like they're not going to run out because it's first go and first served, so you get their first pick. There's always some good ones. They have an Xbox three sixty. This year they have an Xbox from sixty. You push the button, it plays Halo three music.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 5: That one is Halo one music.
Speaker 3: It's a good one.
Speaker 5: I don't buy all those.
Speaker 7: They've been doing. You got console every year for a bit. Now you start with any s So that's my dreamcast. One's got the Yeah. Yeah, they don't have GameCube yet. I hope it's coming. I need my GameCube and then my game startup sound. I think I think they did sixty four.
Speaker 3: The one year they.
Speaker 7: Did sixty they did, I don't have it. I think, oh, I think they did a sixty four. So yeah, I gotta go look at the ornaments for sure. Eggie says, does dance still own on all the Home improvement DVDs?
Speaker 3: No, definitely got rid of those long time ago. Wow, how did you get rid of those?
Speaker 4: Charity or I would imagine Goodwill. Yeah, I do a lot of like good willing because I'm always trying to upgrade everything to like four K, so like most of my stuff is four K now, and then I just bring a big old haul of like a lot of times in wrapping brand new blu rays of good movies to goodwill and stuff and give them out. So yeah, look, look for my stuff around Minnesota.
Speaker 3: And maybe there wasn't a Nintendo sixty four hard, I don't think I would have been all over that. I think.
Speaker 7: See now I'm upset because I really want the GameCube one and they're not doing that till they do in Nintendo sixty fours. And then I gotta freaking wait right right, they did snyes for sure, I remember that I have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 7: And then last year, well, no, that's the boot night went. I already said first because it was a segue to chance segue things.
Speaker 3: So actually that's it.
Speaker 7: We're going to super chat. Thank everybody, really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks everybody, Thank you everybody for us supporting us. Also, Dan had mentioned I think at the top of the new segment. I had to Hey, oh dash Fi dot com last giant Bomb dot Com. You can be the champion for July and d throne the baloney Cake.
Speaker 3: Also, current leader is Cody g. Right now shouts out.
Speaker 1: To Cody g. Also, Hey, if there's been a little bit of accidental churn, so you know, yeah, you're you're supporting us by subscribing. Maybe you pop in, log in, go double check your billing deats. Much appreciated what we got going on for the rest of this week. Boys Games mornings Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Right crip, that's right, yep. Popping off the rest of the week, and then tomorrow there's gonna be a GB plays of Mico punk. God, every time I see that word, I just want to say it in like this weird voice, like micae punk, like it's a little kid or something. And then blight club pimp my right. Kert continues, We're gonna see a whole bunch of new minigames.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we will. The dances and yeah, a surprises around every corner in that game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll have new headphones so I can wear my hat.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, there I got.
Speaker 5: A necklace that arrived after the first episode.
Speaker 2: So yeah, folks, that are gonna do Agaman, Well that's what we didn't get to.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm gonna do a wega. Man, I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 7: I think I might play Dragon's Learn until morale improves. Uh, it be on the tucket there, but we'll play Dragon's lut To in space Ace.
Speaker 3: Also, I'll get all of those all right, watch some of that.
Speaker 1: They made Daphne like an attractive character on purpose, right, Oh yeah, yeah, yes, okay.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: Those are all those old Disney animators or horny They were drawing naked pictures of their characters, like during the Relief Stress.
Speaker 1: Apparently all the.
Speaker 7: Time somewhere there's really weird pictures of snow white out there.
Speaker 3: That's some guys with their bonus hole shows.
Speaker 1: He's get like an HR department or something. Vmd T popping off on Thursday and then Friday we may have another stream on top of game Mess, but we will be playing you peak f That's right. We're gonna go climb a mounta. We're gonna conquer this mountain and gang uh the whole We are not going to pack s West, but I will be going to Pax West. Uh, say hi, what's up? Say say, well.
Speaker 3: We'll dap each other up.
Speaker 1: That's right. You will get five podcast points if you take a picture with me of us dapping h anything else Gang that we want to mention.
Speaker 3: Don't think so?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Cut up. We'll try to.
Speaker 7: Figure out something with Donkey Kong. Also, we know that's coming out.
Speaker 5: I intend done.
Speaker 4: I need to see what all you can do in that game, because I think there's probably some fun stuff.
Speaker 3: We can do with that.
Speaker 7: We'll do it quickly at some point and we'll you know, not we usually to play this a little bit before doing one. But yeah, we'll figure something out with Donkey Kong.
Speaker 1: Yep, yes, yes, yes, yes Gang. Until next week when we reach episode nine hundred, we'll see us. He's been, Jeff's been, Jeff, he's been, Mike, he's been Dan. That's Scout with a hot dogs blush and I've been. We'll see you next week for another episode and the nine hundredth episode of the Giant Bobcast. Goodbye,