Speaker 1: Welcome Just hind Away Tagalog Sermon Podcast, your daily dose of inspiring, heartfelt tagalog sermons from different pastors and speakers all over the Philippines. We hope that this podcast finds you in good shame and now here's your message.
Speaker 2: There are some other places, but we'll start out there Psalm eighty four, hallelujah, and then we'll go to Ephesian six. Bless the Lord, Bless the Lord. Hallelujah. Father God, we believe you for revelation this morning. Lord, I believe you to think through my mind and speak through my lips. Give me utterance in the Holy Ghost. I believe that each person here has ears to hear, a mind, a process, and a heart to receive what you have for them, to hear not just what I'm saying, but to hear what the Holy Ghost is saying to them about what is being said. Lord God, we thank you for the anointing, the yoke, destroying burden, removing power from on high. In Jesus' name, we believe you to speak to each and every one of us. Say this with me in Jesus' name, I have ears to hear, a mind, a process, and a heart to receive and to be a doer of what the Lord shows me in Jesus' name, Amen, Hallelujah, psaw eighty four. Let's start in verse four Saw eighty four. Four. Blessed are they who dwell in your house. They will be still or ever praising you. Blessed, happy, fortunate, to be envied is the man the woman who's strength, say strength, whose strength is in the in whose heart are the ways of them or the highways of Zion? Or whose hearts are set on pilgrimage. King James a little vague, but the majority of translators versions translated one of two ways. In whose heart are the highways the Zion? Or in whose heart? Whose heart is set on pilgrimage. And that's the vital part of receiving his strength and passing through Bakha. The next verse, who passing through the valley of Bakha? Now what does beka mean? Weeping sorrow tears. It represents the tests, the trials, the tribulations of life, the disappointments that we deal with, the rejection, the betrayal, all the It's in this life because of sin and satan and selfishness and the fall of man. That's all represented by the Valley of Bakah weeping tears. But notice we don't live or camp or die there. We pass through the valley of Bakah, just like in Psalm twenty three. Yay, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I will fear no evil. Thou art with me. That rod and my staff they comfort me. We pass through the valley of Bakah, and we make it a well. Hallelujah. We make it a spring. We turn it around. We take the challenges of life, the attacks of the enemy, and we turn it into a place where once again, the life giving waters of life from the Almighty God flow into that situation and we experience the power of God, the deliverance of God, the joy of the Lord, the healing of God. He takes the valley of Bakah as we make it a weall, as we rejoice in Him, as we do these things we've talked about. And then God's reiin comes and fills it with pools. It gets goes from good to gooder, from better to better. Hallelujah. The rain also fills it with pool and then notice verse seven, they go from strength to strength. So it's not as talking about strength, but something about going from strength to strength. Now there's several aspects here. Want to be going from human strength to divine strength. But it also speaks of going continually from strength to strength, increasing in strength. The Amplified Bible does just that, amplifies it and says they go from strength to strength, they increase in victorious power. Hallelujah. Our lives should be increasing every day, every month, every year in victorious power. Now how do we do that? I mean, it's one thing to talk about it, one thing to read it, one thing to preach it. But I always like to get down to the how. How how do we do that? Well, we looked last time at seven principles of going from strength to strength. We'll review them quickly. Write these down somewhere if you haven't already run down your Bible or on you know, a notebook or nothing else. Write them down on the palm of your hand or something like that where you can refer back to them. But I encourage to find a place in your Bible and write it down. How do we go from strength to strength? Again, Christianity is supposed to be lived from a position of strength. God told Joshua when he was taking over at the very beginning of his life. He told him or his battle life. I guess I should say he told him four times in just a short section. He said, be strong and courageous, be very strong and courageous. Have not I commanded you strong and courageous, be strong and courageous. Well, same thing is true for you and I be me to be strong and courageous. We are to be very strong and courage We're going to talk about how to do that today. How are we strong? How are we strong in the Lord?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: The Bible tell we are to grow strong in the Lord. Hebrews eleven thirty four talks about how certain saints people of God were from weakness were made strong. The Bible says in the Book of Joel, let the weak say, I am strong near my eight ten says the joy of the Lord is our strength. Bible says one of God's names is l Gibor, the mighty God, the strong One, the strong God, Hallelujah. We can take advantage of those attribute. The Bible says, He's our strong power, our strong refuge. So we are to be strong in the Lord. How do we do that all right, How do we go from strength to strength? We looked at seven points last time. We'll just review refresh them right now in our mind. Number one, be truly converted and born again. It starts right there. It's a problem today. Many folks think they're saved just because they belong to a church, or were raised in a certain religion, or they're a good person, or even they prayed the sinner's prayer. But they didn't have any true transformation. There's no growth, there's no life. They're just trusting in works, they're trusting in good deeds. We need to make sure we are truly converted change. The word converted means a change of mind, a change of thinking, a changeable way of life, to go from something from error and from sin, from wickedness to the God of truth, the God of love, the God of righteousness, to a change of life. So we want to be sure we are truly converted. Acts three nineteen says, repent therefore and be converted, Be converted. What will happen? Your sins will be blotted out in times of refreshing, will come from the presence of the Lord. Now I'm all for being born again, but again. Like I said, a lot of time people think they're born again, but there's been no conversion. We said, we looked at the word born again occurs three times in the New Testament, but conversion occurs like thirty eight thirty seven times. Most of them have to do with a change of life. Some mean other things. So we want to be truly converted. I've said many times, if you've come to Jesus and called upon him, but there's been no change in your life, something is wrong. Something is wrong, because really the order of the day in Christianity is change. We're constantly changing, constantly growing. Bible says we are to go not only from strength to strength, but from faith to faith, from glory to glory. We are to increase. Bible says the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn that grows brighter and brighter until the full day. So first thing is be truly converted, born again. Secondly, receive the Holy Spirit baptism next to getting born again. I think everybody that's received the Holy Spirit baptism would testify it's the next best thing to getting born again. It's power from on high, Jesus said, Acts one to eight you'll receive power Dunamas strength when the Holy Ghost comes upon you. Some people say, well, I'm born again. I got hauled. The holy ghosts will ever get not, so study your Bible, the Book of Acts. They would get born again, and then they would get baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. The disciples themselves. Jesus breathed on them, but then said, receive the Holy Spirit. But then later on he said, go into the upper room and tarry until you be a dude with power from on high. And you know, we need to receive that Holy Spirit baptism. It's power from on high. It's power. Somebody said, well, do I need the Holy Spirit baptism to go to heaven. No, but if you're going to live with power and victory in this life, you need it. It's not for heaven, it's for here. We need that indument of power from on high. I was thinking about this, and two of the greatest helps that God has given us to live the victorious Christian life is the baptism of the Holy Spirit, the evidence of speaking tongues. And again people get all hung up about tongues for some reason. I don't know why. It's just a spiritual prayer language is supernatural prayer language. They did it in the Bible. All the New Testament writers spoken tongues. All of them in the Upper Room spoken tongues. Marry the Mother of Jesus spoke in tongues. It's like it's nothing. There's nothing weird or strange about it. And that which lead me to my point. Two of the most powerful tools or weapons that God has given us to live the Christian life, the Holy Spirit. Baptism and speaking the Word of God. Confession of the Word of God are two of the things that so many believers trivialize, struggle with, demean think, Oh wow, that's not that big of a saying if I baptize on my spirit speaking tongues, Oh well, that confession business is overblown. That's speaking. I thought. Those are the two powerful things that God has given us to be more than conquerors, world overcomers, and yet most believers just trivialize those two things. Oh, we need to get a revelation, we need to get a hold of the power of the baptismal Holy Spirit and speaking in other times we need and doing it all the time. We need to get a revelation. The power of speaking the word of God. Death and life are in the power of the tongue. Watch your words. Don't speak death, don't speak contrary to the word of God. Speak Life, Speak the word of God. Speak the word only my servants shall be healed. The man said, well, your servant is your body. Speak the word only, and your servant will be healed. Glory to God. Number three hunger after truth. We're talking about how do we go from strength to strength hunger after truth. Now the truth is Jesus and the truth is the Word of God. We need to hunger after We need to regularly consistently read and study, meditate the Bible. But it goes even beyond that too. What we watch and what we listen to, kind of music we listen to, the things that we watch or don't watch on television, the movies we watch or don't watch. We should always be hungering after truth. Is this going to enrich me? Is this going to take me higher? Is this going to take away from me spiritually or add to me spiritually? Or is it just neutral? Now, very some things are neutral, but very few things you know, and I'm not saying we can't relax and enjoy life. But we also have to realize we are in a battleground. This is not a playground. Believers treat the world like a playground, but it is a battle ground. As we're going to see later on Ephesian six, we are in spiritual warfare. A lot of people act like we're not. Penny and Sarah and I were just talking the other day, what a difference it was in the United States in World War One and World War Two. How everybody was affected by the fact we were at war. They lived different, They made sacrifices, from the adults on down to the kids. I mean they realize we are at war, and everybody sacrifice. Today, nobody acts like there's any kind of war spiritually or naturally. I said, if today and today's climate, if we were to be involved in something as big as World War One or World War two, I think most people just act like nothing, like not it doesn't affect me. I'm just going to go on with my selfish life. So we need to recognize we are at war spiritually. Glory to God. So hunger after truth, guard the things you read and watch, discipline yourself in the things of God. Discipline yourself to read the Bible, pray, to press on with God. It'll be worth it. It is worth it. You won't regret it. Nobody is going to, at the end of their lives stand before God and say, I wish I hadn't been so hungry for God. I wish I had to spend more time caught up in the carnal things of this world. No, it's going to be the exact opposite, going to be the exact opposite. So let's count the costs and go after what really matters. Jesus said, one thing is needful, only one thing. Mary has chosen it. It won't be taken away from her. Paul said, this one thing I do. One thing that's got to be our priority. Jesus said, seek ye first, first in time, place order and importance, the Kingdom of God, his righteousness, and then everything else will be taken care of. Hunger after truth Number four, be a person of prayer. Privately and corporately. Have your own individual prayer life, but take advantage of prayer meetings and get with other believers and pray. To me. I'm talking about how we go from strength to strength. These are just basic principles are not overly complicated or overly difficult. But believers down through time have employed these seven things to go from strength to strength and live a life life of victory. Be truly converted, hunger after truth, receive a Holy Spirit baptism, hunger after truth. Be a person of prayer. Number five, Be consistently in church and in fellowship, whether you feel like it or not. In fact, the time you do not feel like it is probably the time you need to go the most, because you're in for your biggest blessing. Go to church consistently. Make it a priority. Today's mindset as well. I'll go if it's convenient, I'll go, if it works out, I'll go. If I don't have too many other busy things I'm going to do. No, we need to make it a priority. I grew up Roman Catholic, and I say it's a shame. Roman Catholics then put Holy Ghost Charismatics to shame. Today with our consistency and are we never missed. I can't think of a single time growing up that I ever missed church. We were always in church, all seven of us kids, with my dad in mom, and we were taught Margaret and I were talking about this last Sunday. We were taught to be respectful in the quote unquote house of God. We didn't run around, we didn't tickle each other and throw things around and play with one another. We sat there like this. We did not move. We were in God's house, we thought, you know, and it's just like that's been lost today, a lot of their respect for God. In fact, that led to one of the most embarrassing moments of my entire life. If I told some of this before, some of you know where I'm going Penny notes where I'm going. First grade went to a Catholic school. The Catholic church was right across the playground. Once a week, I think it was. I don't think we went every day. I think we went once a week. By Friday, they would march the whole school over to the church and we'd sit there for Mass. Well, I'm just like, whoa, you know, the whole school and it was a big school back in those days. Well, they would seek the first graders in the first section, then the second graders, then the third grades, until you got clear back to the eighth graders. Well, I'm in the first section and I'd never had this dilemma before. I'd gone, you know, with my folks and everything. All of a sudden I had to go to the bathroom big time number one. But uh not on my first point. I'm just clarifying. But uh, and I'm sitting there, I'm standing there. I'm going, you know, it's like, what do I do? I said, I can't leave, And I thought, they don't even have a bathroom in God's house, do they? You know, It's just like what do I do. It's like, I'm just going to have to hold it now. I'm just struggling and start Well, all of a sudden, I felt something warm running down my leg and I went, oh no, I'm a first grader six years old, and I just panicked. At that point, I just walked back to the nun who was at the high this all, I said, Sister, I wreped my pants. I have some compassion here gee and and uh, I said sister, I webbed my pants, and she said, well, go home and change. We lived like a block away. Well, this church is Catholic church was uh it was long. I mean it was longer that center aisle, longer than the width of this I mean, it'd be like I'd say about from the front door to the back door. So and we had marble floors there. So here I go down the center. Ai'l past all eight grades. Squish squish, squish, squish, squish, squish, squish squish. You laugh now, I wasn't laughing. I hit that front door, burst into tears, ran home. I said, mom, I wrapped my pants, and you'd have to know my mom. She said, well, I'll go change and go on back. You know, my mom devastating, But I got over it, hallelujah. So I don't know how I got on that. Be constant consistently in church and in fellowship, whether you feel like it or not, keep pressing on. Don't quit, stay in the word, stay in prayer, keep coming to church. Don't allow the enemy to bring condemnation and guilt to you. Keep going from strength to strength. Number six. Live for God and from God. Live for God. First of all, obedience, faithfulness, service, holiness, these different things. Live for God. But then also realize where to live for God. From God. We get our life. We get our everything we need from God. We don't necessarily fight for the victory. We fight from the victory. So live for God and live from God. It's so important that we do this in order to go from strength to strength. Hallelujah. And then number seven, receive what belongs to you and act on it. We'll talking about how to go from strength to strength, increase in victorious power. See, there's a lot of things that belong to people, both in the natural as well as the spiritual, that belong to them that they're not acting on. The classic example is the right to vote. Every American citizen has the right to vote in every election, even the national presidential elections. Half of them don't take advantage of it. Well, does that mean they don't have that right? No, they still have it, but it's not doing them any good. In a local election, it's even less sometimes like twenty percent of people they can vote actually vote, sometimes less than that. Well, as it is in the natural, so is it in the spiritual. There's spiritual things that belong to us, But just because we don't take advantage of them doesn't mean they're not ours. The name of Jesus belongs to us. We don't have to pray say God give me the name. He's already given it to us. Strength belongs to us. Freedom, victory, it all belongs to us, all the inheritance. It belongs to us. Authority, wisdom, guidance, baptism, and the Holy Spirit, healing, provision, protection, the fruit of the spirit, the gifts of the spirit. Could just go on and on and on. We have a right to them, but if we don't receive them, act on them, walk in them. They're just like the right to vote. It won't do us any good. But that doesn't mean it's not ours or the God's holding it back from us. Somebody doesn't vote, we'd have no right to say, well, the government's holding it back from me. They won't let me vote. No, you need to get off your blessed assurance and go vote. You need to go do something. You need to act on what belongs to you. So life and power and strength are other things that belong to us. Now, this is how we go from strength to strength. Be truly converted, receive the Holy Spirit, baptism, hunger after truth, be a person of prayer, be consistently in church, live for God and from God. Receive what belongs to you, and act on it. Now there's another aspect of this. I fact go with me over to Isaiah. You're not too far from there. Just turn to the right and go a couple books to Isaiah chapter twelve. There's another aspect of going from strength to strength that a lot of people do not realize. To be strong in its joy jay O why joy? Nehmiah eight ten gives us a tremendous revelation. We sang it earlier. The joy of Yahweh is our what strength, strength, the strength, and joy. The joy of the Lord is our strength. What many do not realize is that joy is a vital part of strength. Now, if you do these seven things that I just reviewed, it will help produce joy in your life. Conversion, holy Spirit, baptism, truth, prayer, church, living for from God, receiving what belongs to you. That will help produce joy in your life. And the joy the Lord is your strength. Notice I said doing those seven things will help produce joy. Here's the thing. People they seek pleasure, they seek fun, they seek happiness, they seek entertainment, they seek all kinds of things in order to be happy and even have joy, instead of seeking the Lord and these things we talked about which produce joy. I mean, look at most people. You know they're seeking all kinds of things pleasure, fun, happiness, entertainment. They think that's going to bring satisfaction and joy and even strength. It's not going to do it. You know, some people say, I just I am so tired, I just then to go to church today, not realizing that, No, that's not the way to get strength. I needed to rest. One might rest your body, but it's not going to rest your spirit. The source of physical strength is oftentimes spiritual strength, and we need to draw on the strength of the Lord. Hallelujah. Now look at Isaiah what he said here in verse twelve or chapter twelve, verse one. In that day you shall hear, Oh Lord, oh Yahweh. I will praise you, yah Dah revere worship. Hold out the hands to you. Thou wast anger with me. Thine anger is turned away, and thou comfort is me. Behold, God is my salvation, my Yes, You are my savior, my healer, my deliverer, my sanctifier. I will trust and not be afraid. The word trust is the Hebrew word we talked about in Psalm eighty four battak to run to for refuge, to to. Really, it's not just a mental thing. It's a it's a it's a not a passive thing. It's an active thing. Lord, I run to you as my refuge. I will trust and not be afraid for the Lord, even the Lord or yah even Yahweh is my strength. Yahweh is my strengths your eyes and say, Yahweh is my strength. Fade again, Yahweh is my strength and my song, Hadi. Let's do that on close your eyes, say Yahweh is my song. Yahweh is my song, Halley, not some top forty hit. He also is become my salvation, my yes, you are. Therefore, now notice verse three powerful verse. People aren't even know where this is in the Bible.
Speaker 4: Therefore, with joy, shall you draw water out of the wells of salvation.
Speaker 2: WHOA, Well, there's a lot here. I could preach a whole message on this. But salvation is not just getting your sins forgiving going to heaven, which is the greatest aspect of but it's healing, deliverance, preservation, and soundness. Notice wells a plural. Didn't say you'll draw water out of the well of self. You'll draw water out of the wells of salvation. Healing, deliverance, preservation, and soundness. Remember what Jesus said and John seven, out of your innermost being shall flow reverse plural of living water, glory to God. Holly. Do you preach myself happy, whether you are or not, with joy, you will draw water out of the well of solvation. Joy, the joy of the Lord is our strength. Now it may seem simple. I was thinking about this, but you know the old acronym for joy. As simple as it seems, it's a lot of power and truth in it. Joy, j O, Y, Jesus, others yourself. That's how. That's what produces joy in that order. Hate to break it to anybody's dear heart, but you is last, Jesus, others yourself. We want to spell it ydge myself, others Jesus from dodge whatever. But it's Jesus others yourself. You know, there's joy in the Lord, in serving the Lord. One person said this, I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I woke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy. This is joy. And forgetting about ourselves. We had so caught up in this little package. You know, some people were so wrapped up in themselves. One of they say they're going to find out. It's a mighty small package involved serving others, reaching out the other. You need healing, Find somebody else that needs healing and pray for them. You need love, find somebody else that needs You need friends. A man who shows himself friendly will have many friends. Reach out and be a friend to somebody else. You need prayer, pray for somebody else instead of just getting all introverted, woe is me, I'm gonna go reach out to somebody else. You want people to come into your loved one's life lives and witness to them and bring them to Jesus. Guess what, go into other people's lives and witness to them, bring them to Jesus. What you do for others, God will make happen for you. Whatever man souls, that's how he also reap hallelujah. You want people to witness to your loved ones, witness to other people's loved ones. Glory to God. Don't you think there's other people praying? Oh, God, send somebody into their life, Send a labor into their life. That somebody, maybe somebody you work with, maybe your next door neighbor, and somebody's praying. Old God send a labor into their life, just like you're praying, Oh, God, send a labor into my brother's life or sister's life or whatever. Well be that labor for somebody else. And what you make happen for others, God will make happen for you. With joy. You'll draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day shall you say praise Yahweh. Call upon his name, Glory to God. I capitalize name in my Bible. I just took my pen and has made a capital N, because that's what it's really talking about. Call upon his name, declare his doings among the people. Make mention that his name we've been talking about the names of God. Make mention that his name is exalted. The Hebrew word sagob inaccessible, high above evil, impregnable his name. That's why proverb says same Hebrew word Sagod. Proverb says, the name of the Lord is a strong tower. The righteous run into it and are safe, high above evil, inaccessible and strong is what it literally says, the name, the name. I was reading something that Kathy Milbrote, brother Charlie Millbrot's wife wrote, they are missionaries. You know, well, we support them. They've been there many times in Thailand. And she said, every year I study the names of God. And I thought, she said, I thought it would be so wonderful if people would just get a hold of the names of God. What a revelation it would be. And I thought, well, if they're here, they're getting it. Glory to God, Allelujah, make mention is his names exalted. Verse five. Sing unto the Lord, for he has done excellent things. Sing unto the Lord. This is known in all the earth. Cry Out and shout Glory to God. Cry Out and shout. You know, I look that word cry out up and one of the Hebrew meanings is be cheerful, Be cheerful, be cheerful. You know what a little nugget here When you cry out and shout, it brings to your It brings joy to you. Some of you need to just shout. You never shouted in your life for the Lord. You may have shouted for a pig skin or a basketball or something, but shout for the Lord. Some of you just need to. And now you know, you don't necessarily need to do it around people, but eventually you'll do it around people. Somebody, Glory to God. Hallelujah. Amen. I do it frequently when I'm driving down the road by myself, just shout to the Lord. I do it frequently when I'm in here by myself. I walk through the sanctuary, sometimes early in the morning, and from there to there, I just glory to God, Hallelujah, Thank you Jesus. I just got a little ivy there, a little power boost right there. Shout unto the Lord with a voice of triumph. What's the Bible say, shout for joy? Now here's how we tend to interpret it. You know that says that I looked at it shout for joy. It says about seven eight times. But here's how we interpret it. Shout because of joy. Well, if I'm joyful and happy, then I'll shout. That's not what the Bible says it shout for joy. Shout in order to obtain joy. Hello, if you are fighting depression, discouragement, you know one of the greatest weapons against that, shout glory, Hallelujah, praising Jesus, Oh glory. I'm buying any depression. I'm healed, I'm delivered, I'm saved, I'm set free. Depression. You must go in the name of Jesus. Somebody says, well, God's not hardy hearing. He's not nervous either. He doesn't mind. He's the one who said, shout time and time again, cry out and shout, you inhabitants of Zion. That's us for great? Why should we shout? For great? Is the Holy One, the Holy One? Kudosh and Isaiah? He said Isaiah six, he said, holy, Holy, Holy, or the angel said, holy, holy, Holy is Lord, Kardosh Karros, Kudosh, Holy Great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of you, in the center of you. That Hebrew word means center. He's in the midst of you. How can you not shout? How can you not shout? March madness is going on right now. Watch these people going crazy for basketball. Why don't begrudge him. I mean that helps them, But I mean not if they're saying but in church, I'm dignified. I would never shout, I would never raise my hands, and I would never speak in other tongues. I'm too dignified for that. But yet they'll go wild over basketball and all these teams. Everybody gets all excited. You know only one of them is going to win. But every one of us can win in Christ. Glory to God. We are more than conquerors. So joy. Continue to apply these seven principles, you'll receive joy. You'll go from strength to strength. All right, go to Isaiah forty were there in Isaiah Isaiah forty thirty one? Just for take of time, Isaiah forty one. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strengths. We're talking about be strong in the Lord, going from strength to strength. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint. Hallelujah. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew there or replace or exchange their strength. The Hebrew word renew means to replace or exchange, as well as renew. So as we wait upon Your weh we exchange our human weakness, which is our strength, for his strength. We exchange strength. We renew our strength, We replace our strength as we wait upon the Lord. So that this word wait is a key word. It's not just sit around and okay, hey, hey, what's up brother? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm waiting? Okay, wait, waiting on I'm waiting on the Lord. What wait? You're waiting on the Lord to do, waiting for them to replace my strength. I'm just waiting. How long you been waiting? Oh it's been a long time. I'm just waiting. Waiting is not a passive word. It's an active word. Look at what the Hebrew says for the word wait. This is how the theological word Book of the Old ten estimate. We'll have it on the screen. The word wait means to wait or look for with eager expectation. Do you come to church expecting? Do you have your morning devotions expecting? Do you go from day to day expecting God to move, to God to speak, God to act, God to do things in and through you, and for you to wait or look for with eager expectation. The Bible says, God says, I'll give you what you expect, hallelujah. It also means waiting with steadfast endurance. Is it says it's theological word book, Waiting with steadfast endurance is a great expression of faith. Notice steadfast endurance. It means enduring patiently in confident hope. Now here's what I like. Notice this that God will decisively actoo doggies. God will decisively act for the salvation, deliverance, preservation, soundness, and healing of his people. God will decisively act. That's what waiting is. I'm expecting God to decisively act for my salvation. I'm expecting it to God decisively act. And they that wait upon the Lord will remove, renew, exchange their strengths, replace their strength, and he'll mount up with wings as eagles, or run in our bury walking not faith. Those who wait in true faith are renewed in strength, so that hey, so that hey, it's supposed to be they so that they can continue to serve the Lord. Glory to God. Or maybe they were just saying, they'll be renewed in strength so that, hey, they can continue in strength serve the Lord. But notice, we need strength to continue to serve the Lord. See a lot of great people that are great at starting, poor finishers that start to run the race and never finish it. Where to be marathonors? Hallelujah. It's a lot easier to run a dish and it is a marathon. A lot of people in the Christian life, they just want to be dishers, they want to be marathoners. We're in this for the long haul. They shall renew their strength. Now again the word wait upon. Go back to Isaiah forty thirty one. If you will put that up there, they that wait upon the Lord Lord shall renew their strength the word wait upon. You can check this out and strong concordance others and the Hebrew. One of the meanings is to bind together by twisting. That's where the exchange takes place. Now again some we're not here, so I want to illustrate it again. Thusly, if this is to represent our life, right here, this twine, this is kind of how we are not real strong. I mean, this could be broken very easy.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy, so he can come to somebody's life and thank God, and just if the scissors are sharper, just snip, you know, just just take away from you, just steal, killing, destroy. You know, we're not much of it. We're not a match for the devil in and of our strength. But if we bind together by twisting, see this rebar here would represent God. And what do we do? We wait upon the Lord. We confidently expect him to act decisively in our behalf for our salvation, and we bind together by twisting. And what happens we take on his strength. This is your life, my life when we get wrapped up in God by doing those seven things and the things we're talking about today. Now, what does the devil God on his hands? He comes to steal, kill and destroy. He's just going to get dulled. I mean, we take on a super natural strength. Jesse. Let's see you bend that? What Caleb? Well, I now pronounce you Jesse in the name of Jesus. You work on that a while. We'll see if you get anywhere. See, that's how we are in Christ. We are strong in Him to get anywhere. No, see, that's how we are. There's if the devil doesn't have a shot. Now I know Jesse couldn't do it, but Kada might be able to. So we'll figure that out. We'll get Jesse to do it, all right. So this is you in Christ. You bind together by twisting, You renew your strength. You mount up with wings like eagles. You run and not be weary, and you will walk and not faint, going from strength to strength. Now two quick points here that I would also add, We're not gonna have time to get to I think we got them on the screen, though that I would add everything I've just said here for going from strength to strength. Guard your heart. Guard your heart Ephesian or Proverby four to twenty three. Guard your heart with all diligence. Out of it flow the forces of life. Guard your heart. Guard your heart, and secondly, guard your mouth. Guard your mouth. Proverbs eighteen twenty twenty one. Death and life are in the power of the tongue. Write these down Proverbs eighteen four. The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters and the wellspring well spring with joy, or draw water out of the well the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing bird. Proverbs eighteen seven. A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul. Proverbs ten eleven. The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life. It is amazing how many people want God's life flowing out of them, and yet their words are contrary to it. Life is intended to flow out of your heart like a river, but people stop it, and many times they don't even realize it. Your own words can be a wellspring of life, the wellspring of the life of God. So the Bible says, your words are meant to be a wellspring of life. I go to Fijian six and we'll close Fiesian six. Hallelujah, We're gonna look at be strong in the Lord briefly here, real quick. It just ties into everything we've said and about how to fight the good fight of faith. Notice something that Paul says here in Ephesian six, verse ten. Probably familiar about everybody in here, But sometimes the familiar verses are the ones we don't really take hold of because we think we know everything about them. Fijian six, verse ten. Now, Paul and the whole book of Ephesians has just laid out tremendous truth about who we are in Christ, who Christ is in us. But he says an amazing thing here in introducing the spiritual conflict and the spiritual warfare that we are in. Notice in verse twelve he says, for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Again, we are in spiritual warfare. This is battleground Earth. This is not playground Earth. It's battleground earth. For most people, they treat it like a playground. But it's a battleground. Now, the Lord, in his grace and his mercy, allows us to enjoy life in this battleground. He gives us richly all things to enjoy. Jeezid, take my yoke upon you. My yoke is easy, My burden is life. We can enjoy life here, but at the same time we are in battle, and we can never lose sight of that fact. We cannot take a vacation spiritually. When you take a vacation spiritually, then the demons go into double time. Do not take spiritual vacations, all right? So notice he talks about the spiritual warfare. And then here's Paul, this great captain of our salvation. I mean, I know Jesus the captain of our salvation, but I mean Paul is. I mean, he's a general in the Lord's army. This man has experienced the spiritual battles of life and the spiritual warfare like no one else, both personally and in those he's ministered to. And he gives a great order. He issues a great order to the church in this spiritual warfare and on letting us know how to fight the good fight of faith knows what. He says Leesian six'. Ten, finally my, brethren be strong in The lord and in the power Of his. Might be strong in The, lord in the power of his, might put on the whole armor Of, god that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the. Devil and they, says we wrestle not against flesh and, blood. Etc now think of. It Here's, paul this general in The army Of, god who's experienced it, all seen it all the. Church he tells, us you and me in this warfare we are in this battle that we are. In it's mind. Boggling but he says two, things and just. Two he, said two things are offered for you to stand in the evil. Day number, one be strong in The. Lord number, two put on the whole. Armor and that's. All that's, all he, says those two. Things and we need one in order to do. Two we need to strength of The lord to effectively wear the. Armor and we need two in conjunction with. One we can't wear the armor for not strong in The. Lord you Have christians on both sides of that that some people just focus. On, Oh i'm just strong in The, lord And i'm just waiting on The lord And i'm just worshiping, him which is wonderful and. Great then you got other people that are, just, Yeah i'm in the. Battle you, Know i'm fighting The. LORD i got the armor on. That we need them. Both, now the key is the word be strong in The. Lord in The, greek it's a. Word it's a word which means to be in. Strengthened it's not a it's not self. Effort we tend to read this and it's like self, effort LIKE i gotta buy my own willpower and the grid of my. Teeth i'm going to be strong in The. Lord that's not what The greek is. Saying in, fact put it up in the verse tens He esian six y. Ten put it up in The Amplified. Bible we'll see just what it's. Saying it's not to self. Effort it's through the grace Of, god the love Of, god the mercy Of, god to receive his strength and his. Power notice The amplify brings it out well in, conclusion be strong in The. Lord and we tend to, think, well that's self. Effort but then here's what The greek word means be empowered through your union with. Him. Hmmm sounds a little like bind together by. Twisting be empowered through your union with. Him you're binding with. Him be empowered through your union with. Him draw your strength from, him that strength which his boundless might. Provides. Hallelujah draw your strength from, him not through self, effort but through your union with. Him now it's a. Word, Okay, well well let's go. On so he, says be strong in The lord and then the power of his. Might and then he, says put on the whole armor Of. God put it.
Speaker 4: On.
Speaker 2: This these two words to be, strong to, be and to put on they speak of being closed with being clothed. With this idea of putting on the strength Of god is to Receive god's, strength his. Empowerment and putting on the armor is, yes clothing ourself with the, armor but it's much. More the best WAY i can illustrate it here is is my. Coat. Here if this were to represent the strength of The lord and the armor Of, god it's one thing to put it. On. Okay So i'm putting on the strength the armor Of. God so that's one. Thing but this idea of putting On it means also in the, original to be clothed with and to sink down, into to sink down Into what is that talking. About it's talking about the qualities Thereof assume the qualities of the strength of The. Lord assume the qualities of the armor Of. God in, fact most folk don't realize, this but in The greek this is a once for all. Thing it, says put it on and keep it, on never take it. Off i've heard much teaching on, it where every day you got to put on the. Armor And i'm not against. THAT i think it's good to renew. Ourselves but the idea in The greek is to put it on and never take it. Off put on the whole armor Of, god sink down into, it assume its. Qualities Now HERE i can illustrate. IT i believe this. Way IF i put on this, coat that's one. Thing if and this represents the strength of The, lord the armor Of. God but IF i put this on and never take it, OFF i assume the qualities of this. Coat in, fact you and other people be talking, about does Pastor tim never take that coat? Off EVERYWHERE i see, him he's got that coat, On, penny does he ever take. On he sleeps in, it he, does you, Know and it's like he gets he. Does he that's all he ever. Wears is that. Coat that's? It, WELL i mean something underneath, it, obviously but, uh that's the. Idea if every time you saw me walking, winter, spring, summer or, fall you saw me in, church outside of, church saw me at home, OUTSIDE i had this coat, ON i MUST i have assumed the qualities of this, coat this, coat AND i become. ONE i become as known by this coat AS i do anything. Else you ever Met Pastor Tim, no he goes around all the time in the black. Coat, OH i know you're talking. ABOUT i become known by this. Coat and that's what it's. Saying put, on sink down, into assume uom the qualities Of. Yahweh be empowered By, yahweh and put on the whole armor Of. God have the shield of, faith your helmet of, salvation your feet shop with the preparation of The gospel of, peace your lorn's gird about with, truth the sword of The, spirit the shield of, faith the breastplate of. Righteous to sink down into and just wear it all the time of people say that person's always ready for. Battle they are strong in The. Lord all, right we'll close with. This why do we need to be? Strong why do we need to be empowered in The? Lord i'll give you five. Things Number, one because of the power of the. Enemy we have a formidable. Foe he's a defeated, foe, yes but he's. Formidable, nonetheless somebody, said, well how can it be be formidable if he's. Defeated, well best ILLUSTRATION i can give you is the mafia totally against the law for them to operate in this. Country they're, defeated, basically but they're. Formidable foe organized, crime even though it's totally. Illegal the devil it's illegal to do what he's, doing but until the law's, enforced he'll get away with, it all. Right number, two we need to be empowered in The lord because of the power of the. Enemy, secondly because of the evil. Day The bible goes on to say here in a sesion six about having standing in the evil. Day we are in an evil, day oh as much as any time we are in an evil. Day just look at the, headlines this stuff going. On it's crazy out. There we're in an evil. Day so we need the whole Armor. God we need supernatural power to withstand the evil. Day, thirdly for your, sake for my, sake we need to be empowered in The lord to avoid personal. Failure AS i, said the devil is a formidable, foe and in order to avoid personal, failure we need to be empowered in The. LORD i, mean some of the best Of god's people have. Fallen, Adam, Abraham, Moses, david a man After god's own, heart a worshiper like this world has never. Seen nonetheless Fell we face a formidable, Foe, PETER i will never deny. You. Lord three, Times, peter we face a formidable. Foe realize your own. Weakness go through self, Examination, lord search me Of, god know my, heart try, me know my. Thoughts see if there being wicked weigh in. Me put on the. Army put on the strength of The. Lord for your own. Sakes, fourthly for his, sake For god's, sake realize we are a part Of god's. Army we're a part Of god's. Family we need to be strong for the rest of the, army for the rest of the. Family you, know, really we oftentimes don't realize, this but in the spiritual warfare that we are. In it's not you against the. Devil it's the family Of, god the army Of god against the. Devil an individual soldier when he's in, battle it's not him against that other. Nation it's him as a part of the army that's against that other. Name we need to realize we are hooked. Up we are to fight with and for one. Another we tend to think that all this spiritual warfare is just one on. One it's not that we're part of the, army the army Of. God he is The lord of the. Armies yahweh Sab, Us he's our, captain. Hallelujah so for his, sake and then, lastly for The gospel, sake we need to be strong in The lord and in the power Of his. Might it is a powerful witness to the world to. Unbelievers when you are strong in the valley Of, bakah when you are strong all through life and in Your christian, walk it's a powerful witness to the world that. PERSON i know what's going, ON i know what's come against, them and they just exhibit a strength THAT i can't even, imagine or you can say it's because Of. Jesus how do you do, it it's because Of. Jesus, Hallelujah. HALLELUJAH i just saw a clip JUST i Watched Ohio state get beat last night and THE Nc DOUBLE a, Tournament so that's the end of it there for me pretty. Much but at the same, time right after, that another, channel they had THE Nc DOUBLE A Wrestling, championships Which i'm not into, wrestling but they've got a guy that is just one of the most outstanding wrestlers who's ever competed, Collegiately Kyle snyder For Ohio. State he's in the heavyweight and this guy is has won so many, matches he's barely ever been. Beat he's An olympic, Champion he's won international. Feats AND i knew that he was going to be wrestling and that game was, OVER i, thought, well that's on. NOW i just flipped over real, quick and there he was. Wrestling he just started his, match And i'd heard this guy was A, christian BUT i didn't know much more about. Him he won the, match THIRD Nc DOUBLE a championship he's won in his four years of collegiate. Athleticism plus he's wrestled in The olympics and won a Gold medal and all, this And i'd heard about. Him so they interviewed him at the end and they, said, well you, know it's a close, decision three to. Two and he said a few things about, it and then he, said and as, always all glory goes To Jesus, christ My savior And. Lord, YES i mean this guy is like who you, know and there's always all glory goes To Jesus, christ My savior And. Lord is that a witness or? Not people think all these mamby pamby Wimpy. Christians world deal with? Him would? You when we are strong in The, lord it is a witness to the. World don't look to the. Enemy don't look to your personal, weaknesses don't look to the evil. Day look to The. Lord look to his, Strength look to The Holy. Ghost take hold of the strength of The. Lord take hold of the power of The. Lord take hold of the dunamus of The, lord the dynamite of The. Lord i'll close with this. Statement to know him is to know his power and. Strength to know, him to know. Yahweh to Know jesus is to know his power and. Strength let's Pray, father in the name Of Jesus. Christ we thank you for your. Strength, Today Lord, god we thank you that we can be empowered In. You In Jesus mighty, name hallelu say this with me In Jesus, NAME i receive his. STRENGTH i receive his. EMPOWERING i receive being clothed upon with the strength of The, lord the empowerment of The, lord The. GOD i will be strong in The lord and in the power of his. MIGHT i will go from strength to strength because Of. Jesus out of. WEAKNESS i am made. STRONG i SAY i am, strong AND i say by faith the joy of The lord is my. STRENGTH i will shout Under god with a voice of, triumph, Hallelujah, Halloluah, Halloluah. Halloluah gory To. God who doesn't that feel? Good thank You, Jesus. Fathers we pray right now and receive the ties and. Offerings we worship you with our, Giving Lord, god we magnify. You we thank you for your. Provision we thank you for taking care of, us meeting our, needs watching over, Us Lord, god and we sow our seed into The kingdom Of. God. Lord we pray for those who may be giving to The Missions, project to the tailors In india that are over there just doing a tremendous, work and it's heavily Oppressive hindu atmosphere where they're cracking down On, christianity and they are sowing the gospel and Video bible schools all over the nation Of. India Lord, god we pray blessings upon all those giving to The Missions, project all those giving their ties and. Offerings we sow our seed and we believe for. Harvest we believe for increase In jesus's mighty. Name if you agree with, that say, amen all. Right robin's gonna bless us with the song as we receive the ties and. Offerings if you need an, envelope raise your, hand usher to wait on.
Speaker 5: You father to the fatherless defender of the Movie freedom for the, prison look.
Speaker 2: He.
Speaker 6: See this Is god.
Speaker 2: In his holy.
Speaker 5: Place this Is.
Speaker 6: God loading love and straight.
Speaker 5: See out live your voice.
Speaker 6: And got out our.
Speaker 7: Sun is our Strong.
Speaker 5: God ighty is Our god.
Speaker 6: With us in the, mildness faithful to provide every breath and every.
Speaker 5: Step we.
Speaker 3: See this Is god in his holy.
Speaker 6: Place this Is god holding love and. Straight see out if your joys and.
Speaker 5: Cold also is our Strong.
Speaker 6: God miighty is Our.
Speaker 3: God see, out raise.
Speaker 5: Your hands and.
Speaker 7: Shot asome is our Strong.
Speaker 6: God, ladies there is no. High, no there is no there is non, smoke there is no, higher there is nothing there is non. Stop there is there is no. High, no there is no.
Speaker 5: No there is non stop Our so say.
Speaker 3: Live your voice and Coand.
Speaker 5: Bwsome is our Strong.
Speaker 6: God miney is A.
Speaker 3: God Say, god live your voice and Pant awsome.
Speaker 7: Is our Strong. God miey is A. God midy is Our. God lmighty is our go.
Speaker 2: Hey, man thank, You. Robin great song to close, With hollowly Your. Father we pray over these tithes and. Offerings we believe for. Harvest we believe for increase for each and every one that gave In jesus'. Name. Holiday we got a few announcements before we do. THAT i just want. It we're going to play a short clip, here just this. Film we're Starting wednesday. Night it's going to run This wednesday and Next. Wednesday The god Who. SPEAKS i just want to see a little a minute or two of. This it'll minister to. You show talks about the, integrity the, infallibility The word Of god and how we can build our life on it and how we can be strong In. God thank you for. Listening we hope that you enjoy today's.
Speaker 6: Episode don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for.
Speaker 2: More god bless you.
Speaker 4: All