Speaker 1: Something you should go, something you should know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Learn more and get a free Gold and Silver guide right now at Genesis goold ira dot com. Excited to have not one, but two amazing guests joining us right now. We have Matt and we have Michelle and they are with the Siue Empire t NR coalition and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: We start ladies first with Michelle. You had a great event over the weekend and you guys had cat yoga. Is that right?
Speaker 2: It's kitten yoga.
Speaker 1: Kitten yoga. And there's another opportunity for people who missed out and talk about a fun thing to do. People that missed out on this, there's another one coming up. When is the next opportunity to do that?
Speaker 2: The next one is Saturday, May twenty fourth, It's at twelve noon at Crunch Fitness. And if you love yoga, or even if you don't like yoga but you love cats, it's really real fun of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kitten yoga. And again I'll throw a link to make it easy to find the details on that. But I think that that looks like just a lot of fun. And Matt, we had a chance to chat not too long ago, and there's been some really positive things that have happened since the last time we had you on the radio. Let's talk about the cool news for Sue Empire TNR Coalition.
Speaker 3: Yes, finally, thanks John, Finally, after two years of lobbing and whatnot, we actually have ordinance put into place that protects TNR. So, in fact, we have very specific ordinance for tn R and super balls now, so we are able to go out and trap, neuter and return pats make a dent in the overpopulation of the cats in the area.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's a really cool thing. And this is something that you know, I can understand. There are people that don't understand everything that maybe you know, if you don't understand what's going on, you're going, oh, I don't think we should be doing that. But the more you learn about it, the more it just makes sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Michelle. Yeah, absolutely, It's one of those things who were kind of puzzled why it took too long and why it wasn't already there.
Speaker 3: But to that point, John, you know, the whole overall point of tn R is the reduction of numbers. So and that's what really what people need to look at is, you know, you can complain about cats and what they do, this, that and the other thing, and that's not a T and R specific thing. What we're doing is we can reduce the number of cats that are out there causing these problems. So that's what's cool about this. And that's why whether you like you know, if you like cats, come volunteer for us. If you hate cats, you should be funding us because we're we're trying to dip the population.
Speaker 1: So absolutely well, and again this is a nonprofit in Sioux Falls five oh one C three, the Sue Empire t n R Coalition, And I don't know the numbers for cats, but I we do a thing here called It's a fun Fact every day, and I just had this fun fact. It said rats, you know, like the big mouse thing.
Speaker 3: Rats.
Speaker 1: Rats multiply so quickly that in eighteen months two rats can have over a million descendants. Isn't that wild? And again I don't think I don't think cats are quite as quick. But again it could become a big issue in a real big hurry, can it.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, we were. We actually went out and visit trapping last night. These people had three straight pats show up and I bet there was probably thirty paths there that were after trapping. And that happened in a matter of eighteen months.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if somebody maybe knows of some cats in their neighborhood and they're going, I don't know what to do about this, do they reach out directly to you? Is there like somebody with the city they call, What is the procedure for someone to kind of hopefully get this under control in their area.
Speaker 3: Well, the procedure would be depending on the situation. But in order to TNR, we need basically to everything run through the suit called Area Humane Society. They are managing this, they're administering this. So the first step is you can certainly get to it through our website too to talk about all the T and R stuff, But you can certainly reach out for us to us for the trapping needs. But part of the process is you need to reach out to the Humane Society. There is a brief, very brief Appleic to fill out just so we can keep track of all of our T and rcat you know, we need to track this program to show the city what we're doing here. So so yeah, so you know, you can go to our website read about it. You can certainly reach out to us for help. But the nuts and bolt of it is you do need to go to the Humane Inciety's website. They have a bunch of t and our information there. Read it all there. It's free, self explanatory, but you can always reach out to us for information and help.
Speaker 1: You know, absolutely. And the website for Sue Empire T and our coalition is Sue EMPIRETNR dot org. And again, thank you guys for doing what you do. And the kit and yoga looked amazing and again if people would like to do that for the next one, Michelle, when is the next one coming up?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 2: May Troy four US. It's a Saturday. It's at twelve noon And if you go to our website under events, you'll see the link for kick yoga and you sign up.
Speaker 1: Very nice, and I bet we'll talk between now and then May twenty four. That's a long ways from now, but it'll be here before you know. It's a sign up soon, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it books up fast, so if you really want to do it, sign up now.
Speaker 1: Very nice, Matt Michelle, thank you for what you guys do and thanks for your time today.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: And again the website. If you would like to get more information either about the Kit and yoga or about TNR at all, Sue Empire TNR Coalition their website once again, Sue Empire t NR dot org.
Speaker 3: And Something you Should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and silver guide now at Genesisgoldra dot com