Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by La Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talking. Like back David Basse.
Speaker 2: We are live at Chasefield after the Dodgers hold on to beat the Diamondbacks tonight by a final score of eight to six, in front of the largest crowd of the season at Chase Field, fifty thousand plus to watch the Dodgers take a six game lead over the Arizona Diamondbacks and for that matter, the Padres as well, who lost to the Rays earlier tonight. So the Dodgers have a six game lead over both Arizona and the Padres after winning the first two games of this series. We have phone lines open at eight six six, nine, eight seven two five seventy. It was playoff atmosphere here in Arizona. It should be playoff like atmosphere here on Dodger Talk. We want to hear from you. Between now and nine thirty, we will hear from Tommy Edmund. We will hear from Gavin Stone. Also coming up later in the show at about nine point fifteen, I'll share with you part of my conversation with Tom with Tyler Glass now who gave us the latest update on whether or not he is going to be able to pitch in the regular season and if he'll be ready for the postseason. So a lot to get to between now and nine thirty right here on Dodger Talk Live from Chase Field, as a postgame concert is going on right now. Feels like Arozeto concert is going on, and there are a lot of fans still here at the stadium dancing in the aisle. So a very festive atmosphere here at Chase Field as mostly Dodger fans have stuck around to celebrate an eight to six win. And what a first inning it was for the Dodgers. Three consecutive home runs against Mary Kelly. It was show hay O'tani with his forty fourth of the season, followed by Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman. That was one of three hits for Freddy Freeman. No Dodger team has ever hit three consecutive home runs to start a game, and in fact, there were only five other teams or four other teams that have ever had three players lead off.
Speaker 3: The game with home runs.
Speaker 2: The last team to do it was the twenty twelve Baltimore Orioles, Ryan Flaherty, JJ Hardy and Nick Markikis did it against the Rangers. Tonight it was Otani Betson Freeman against Mary Kelly, and then after the Dodgers gave Gavin Stone an early three to nothing lead, he gave it back and then some. The Diamondbacks scored four runs, including an inside the park home run by corbing Carol and from there ta Oscar Hernandez may have misplayed a ball in left field to allow a couple of more runs to score. So the Dodgers certainly felt good after the top of the first inning, but knew they were going to be in another fight tonight after the Diamondbacks did not go away, And that seems to be this Division race in the second half of the year, where the Diamondbacks have not gone away and last night did not go away, and tonight still hung in there and gave the Dodgers everything they could handle. But luckily the Dodgers were able to get Tommy Edmund's big, two out, two strike base hit in the top of the ninth inning off of Justin Martinez to give the Dodgers two runs. They needed for Evan Phillips to slam the door for his eighteenth save of the season. And how about Ben Casparius, our pregame guest, made his major league debut tonight, pitching a scoreless eighth inning and is rewarded with his first first ever major league win. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's sit down, toy Kirsten Watson, who was on sports net LA with Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 4: Tommy, your go ahead single there late in the game, the game was on the line.
Speaker 1: What were you.
Speaker 4: Looking for when you're facing a pitcher who's high velocity pitching one hundred and three months per hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that guy's nasty.
Speaker 5: I was just trying to put something to play, to be honest, guys did a good job early, you getting on base, and you know, just trying to give.
Speaker 3: Us a chance.
Speaker 4: You came into a situation two outs, two strikes. Your team has been fantastic in the situation. So what is your mindset in that moment? Yeah, just battling.
Speaker 5: You know, these guys have some really good pictures and uh, you know, just trying to outcompete them. You know, put something in play there, and we did a really good job.
Speaker 4: That throughout this series so far, You've been with this team for a month now, but you've only been active for a handful of weeks. When you think about just coming in the clutch, how special was.
Speaker 3: That for you in that moment?
Speaker 5: It was fun, really fun. I've seen these guys have some huge hits in just a couple of weeks I've been here, you know, a lot of big home runs. So I'm just happy to be part of it.
Speaker 4: This is your first taste of Dodgers, diamond Back says, right, read that's been coming.
Speaker 1: The intensity of it.
Speaker 4: How would you describe what the series has been like so far?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been intense. You know, every game has been a battle so far. You know, great crowds here and so you can kind of feel the intensity from the outside and I'll beat on the inside.
Speaker 1: It's that much cooler.
Speaker 4: Seen the reaction we saw from you on the field, from your teammates, How would you described as how it was being able to share this moment with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just so excited, you know. It was an amazing feeling out there and hoppy. We got the win.
Speaker 4: Congratulations on this one tonight, Tommy thank.
Speaker 3: You appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Tommy Edmund with his biggest hit as a Dodger yet, a two run single in the ninth inning off of Justin Martinez. He was down one two in the count with two outs in that inning, and Tommy Edmund did not even start the game. Kevin Kiermyer did. Dave Roberts brought Edmund in as a pinch hitter in the sixth inning and it paid off late in this game. Not to mention, Edmund made a great diving catch in the eighth inning on Lordis Guriel, who had a great game as well a home run, a double, and three RBIs eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks eight to six tonight and now have a six game lead over Arizona in the NL West. And with the win tonight for the Dodgers, who won their eighty second game of the season, they clinched the fourteenth consecutive winning season.
Speaker 3: For this ball club.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers have not finished below five hundred since twenty ten, when they were eighty to eighty two. They are now going to have fourteen straight winning seasons, which is the second longest current streak in baseball, to only the Yankees, who have had thirty one consecutive winning seasons in the regular season. So the Dodgers continue to put it together, and as they have gotten healthier, it seems like games are just a little bit too long for the opposition, and it feels like the regular season might be just a little too long for their opposition as well. Let's go out to the phones for the first time, John, who was here at Chase Field. How you doing, John, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, David. It was amazing. There were so many Dodger fans that Chase to that it was full of Dodgers. There was literally you could literally hear whippers when Otani came to the plate. Everyone was cheering, even the idiot Diamondback fans. It was amazing. It was crazy. It was pandemonium, like Victor Brick always says, I mean absolute pandemonium. It was incredible. The problem I have is why does Dave Roberts have to pinch hit for Mounsie in that situation? Monthsy is having an incredible series and basses are loaded, you gotta have Mounsey have to play. I don't care about KEI k how great he was. He had a great bunch and you know the ending after that. But it doesn't it matter, like like Monthly has to have that AB. He has to have that AB. It's it's crucial. And I'm on my way now to temp to try to get Petros his autograph because you're doing the you know the game.
Speaker 3: On it right, one little secret here.
Speaker 6: And again his autograph.
Speaker 3: Here's a secret. He's not in Tempe.
Speaker 2: He calls the games from a studio in La Okay. So don't break your back for that.
Speaker 6: So are you calling Petros lazy or what? I don't understand Hen'.
Speaker 3: Saying it's the magic of TV.
Speaker 2: He's the nightcap game in college football and that's the way they do it, and he does it better than most. And by the way, left handers against Joe manniply this season, hitting two five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you agree that Months he deserved that AB, right, I mean you have to agree as a baseball love, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't agree. I wouldn't be opposed to Months having that at bat.
Speaker 2: But the facts are, before he got hurt, he was not very good against left handers and mantiplies pretty good against lefty. So that's the reason why Dave Roberts decided to go with the guy that was filling in for a Monthsie all these months and in the month of August hitting close to three hundred John.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the results were okay, the results.
Speaker 2: You can't just base it off the results. You got to base it off what is the right decision as a manager. And I'm not going to be up in arms about that. What I will say is and thank you for the phone call. I was a little surprised Dave Roberts took out Gavin Stone after five innings of work because Stone retired eight to the last or retired his last eight in a row and twelve of the last thirteen after a rocky fourth inning or first inning. And for me, Gavin Stone was at eighty four pitches and the Dodgers activated Brent Honeywell and Ben Casparrius because they had to seven relievers last night. You can't tell us on one side that your bullpen is extra thin and you need to get length out of your starter, and then your starter retires the last eight in a row and twelve of his last thirteen, and you pull the plug because you know, the run of hitters are coming up at that point in time in the game. I mean at that at that point, you got to try to find a way to get one more inning out of Gavin Stone.
Speaker 3: And you know, it was a gamble.
Speaker 2: Let's just say that it was a gamble and it did not come back to hurt the Dodgers that badly. But to me, I would have let Gavin Stone go out for one more inning for those reasons. Eight six six, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Manuel and Guardina. You're on Dodger talk him any TV?
Speaker 7: Hello, how are you doing to night, sir?
Speaker 3: Tremendous?
Speaker 7: Absolutely what a game man history, you know what I mean with the three home runs? And uh, I have to eat a little crow once again with Freedman and the genius of Freedman, Tommy Edmunds looks like he fits in like a glove with this offense, like he's the exact thing that we were missing the last couple of years. I already love this guy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: Uh and uh, it seems like he makes the offense just say it gives it another whole nother angle and I'm really.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 7: And and the guy I heard you talking to him, well yesterday right pregame. I mean, I just which guy his head is on his shoulders, Edmunds. Didn't you talk to Edman a day or two ago? All right?
Speaker 3: He was on Rogan and Rodney Actually okay, Well, I just like his attitude.
Speaker 7: I like every like the way he was answering things. Apparently like he was kind of a back in fourth with the switch hitting in high school, but then went head on with it. It was all good man anyway, I'm just hyped up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Edmund's great, Manuell, thank you for the phone call. Appreciate it. And it was a big win. Always great hearing from you. Manny. There he goes Manuel and Gardena. Yeah, Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 2: He's a baseball player and he has great bat toball skills. And for all of you that don't love the strikeouts, he's not that type of player. And you saw him battle and I love what he told Kirston after the game. I'm just trying to outcompete that guy on the mound. When was the last time you heard a Dodger hitter say that? We hear pitchers say that but I love hearing that from a hitter, and you hear what Gavin Lux told us the Dodgers had more of a savage attitude coming into this series than what they've had recently. So I love all the things I'm hearing, and I love that the actions are speaking just as loud as the words, because that's what you need to beat a team like the Diamondbacks were very hungry even after being the National League champions a year ago. Eight six six, nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks eight to six. Let's head back downstairs to the Dodger Clubhouse to hear from tonight starting pitcher Gavin Stone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think just being more precise with the off speed that was really it first, and then left to change up up to Corbin and then a couple other pitches. But yeah, just you know, being more precise with the off speed.
Speaker 4: Really what tech is kind of just like your thought process though, when you are in a situation where you're kind of like, you know, the hope is to give the team some length, but obviously things started off a little bit trickier, and then you would have probably hoped.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean my job was to go out there and ate up as many innings as they came, and then really the thought process every time. You know, we were in a situation where I could have gone deeper and probably needed to, but you know, the bullpene was huge and they picked us up after.
Speaker 10: That first I think, though, did you think you were going to be able to give them what they wanted? Yeah, I still a relatively low pitch count. They just were swinging early in so yeah, still still felt good.
Speaker 11: So they were saying, he felt like you were just kind of h beat your tank by the end of the fifth. It's like that eighty five ninety pitch range right now. Kind of what your max is or is part of that. Also, just the intensity of the game and the intensity of the pitches tonight.
Speaker 10: Maybe.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't know, I want to throw one hundred plus every time I'm out there, so you know, it's just up to him whether he takes the ball from me or not.
Speaker 4: Would you describe just kind of how they were attacking you in this outing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like I said, they were, they were swinging a lot, swinging early, and so you know, recognizing that and then going through the second third, fourth, fifth. Uh, you know those had to make a huge adjustment.
Speaker 10: What do you make for the first two games?
Speaker 4: We're watching?
Speaker 9: This good baseball? I mean, yeah, really good, really good baseball.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Gavin Stone very guarded after games and certainly a very humble kid that probably want to pitch better in that first inning, But give him a lot of credit for not giving up much more after that, retiring the last eight batters he faced and only gave up one more run after that four run first inning by the Diamondbacks, which was aided a little bit by the defense. When Corby and Carroll hit that inside the park home run, Mookie Bets and Taoscar Hernandez were nowhere to be found as Kevin Kiermeier was gambling trying to make the catch before it hit the wall. I've seen that play a few different times here, and I've seen runners held to a double, sometimes a triple because either the right fielder or the left fielder has got to converge behind the center fielder when he's going to the wall to be able to get the rebound. If the center fielder is going to gamble that much like Kiermeier did, especially with a speedy Corb and Carrol Taascar Hernandez and Mookie Betts were kind of spectating on that play, and then taoscar Hernandez, who made three great catches last night, allowed a sinking line drive to get behind.
Speaker 3: Him to allow two more runs to score.
Speaker 2: So Stone did get hit hard, but defense kind of was a problem in that first inning as well, But the Dodgers were able to regroup and get the win tonight eight to six over the Diamondbacks. When we continue from Chase Field in Arizona, we'll get to more of your phone calls.
Speaker 3: At eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy.
Speaker 2: We'll hear from Dave Roberts, and also we'll share our conversation with Tyler Glass Now, who gave us an update on where he stands as far as the rest of the regular season and heading into October with him being on the IL. Don't go anywhere more Dodger Talk live from the Desert after the Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks eight to six on seventy Sports.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seven e LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider, David.
Speaker 3: Vasse, Breddy Freeman up. Now these swings have a drive, Dave Bright Center. Could it be it is three.
Speaker 4: Homers in a row to start the ball game?
Speaker 3: Otani, Bets and now Freeman.
Speaker 4: Absolutely incredible here in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Can you believe this? Three patters, three home runs, three nothing.
Speaker 2: Dodgers want to start to the second game of this four game series. Show Hey, Otani, Mookie Betts, and Freddie Freeman start the game off with home runs against Merrill Kelly, the first time in Dodger history that has happened where the first three Dodgers hit home runs to start a game. The Dodgers would go on to beat Arizona tonight by a final score of eight to six. Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniel's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more.
Speaker 3: Daniels Jewelers own the Dream.
Speaker 2: David Vasse live at Chase Field with you until nine thirty tonight here on a five to seventy LA Sports Ben Casparius who was our pregame guest today, came into the eighth inning as in his major league debut, pitched a scoreless eighth inning and picks up his first major league win. Ryan Thompson the losing pitcher for Arizona, and Evan Phillips with his eighteenth save of the season. Let's go back out to the phones, Mike and see me Valley. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Hi, Mike.
Speaker 12: Hey, what's up, Dave?
Speaker 6: How you doing well?
Speaker 2: There's fans dancing in the in the aisles over here for the postgame concert, and they're all Dodger fans.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 12: Yes, there, that's how we roll in the az We take over that stadium every year. I love it.
Speaker 3: It was quite an atmosphere here.
Speaker 2: This was even louder, and there was more buzz around tonight's game than I felt in last year's NLDS fifty thousand plus Here, Mike, where did you watch the game?
Speaker 3: Where were you listening?
Speaker 12: I was up in Ventura, but I'm from seem Me and we were watching it up top of Ventura. And I love, you know, the team and the heart right now in the fight we have and the bats that are going on But my question leads into why I was calling in and how's the pitching gonna play out now? With the starters, especially with possible September call ups and people on the IL. Still, what's the starting rotation is going to look like?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, good question, because reinforcements are on their way in the form of the two top acquisitions this offseason, and Tyler glass Now and Yoshi Yamamoto. It looks like both are going to be able to pitch at least twice before the end of the regular season, Mike, and that would bode well for glass Now and Yamamoto to be available for October. They need those guys to make a run. It would make things a lot easier for Dave Roberts to.
Speaker 6: Navigate, right, I love it.
Speaker 12: And then beyond that, where it's going to be our next two and three starters?
Speaker 2: After that, I mean it would be Jack Flarity, Jack Flaherty, and I would I would venture to say, Gavin Stone Right, those are your four best starters with Kershaw being on the IL, and we'll see where that goes with the bone spur and his big left toe.
Speaker 12: Right right, I love it, and hopefully all these injuries go to bed and we can move on and get ready for the playoffs and get ready what we do well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are getting healthy at the right time. Mike, thanks for the phone.
Speaker 3: Call, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And we had a chance to catch up with Tyler Glass now before today's game.
Speaker 3: He threw off a flat round for the second straight.
Speaker 2: Day, and after he was done doing that, he gave us an update on where he's at with his right elbow.
Speaker 13: I think, like, if there is any silver lining, I think taking the time off, like you kind of get your body like resets back to normal, and then as you get going and like I'm working those guys in the weight room and the training stuff like patterning correctly. I think before that, before I got hurt in a while there, like I don't think I was mechanically in a very good spot, Like I wasn't moving how I used to move. And then now kind of going back to zero and then ramping back off, I'm like, oh, that's the feeling I'm trying to feel. And I think once I iron out a lot of that stuff, a lot of the other issues kind of go away and I can get my direction back to home plate. And I think like the progression becomes like shorter and more efficient.
Speaker 2: All right, that's Tyler Glass now on what's going on while he's been on the il, and he told us that he's not sure what the road back is going to be, whether it's going to be rehab games or maybe just throw the hitters at Dodgers before he dives back in. But one thing he made very clear is he is going to be ready for the postseason.
Speaker 13: No, I mean, I just I think I'm just more concerned it's being healthy for the postseason. So any type of little thing it's just not worth it to you know what I mean. I think like collectively understanding, like the postseason is the most important thing. That's why I'm here. So I think just any type of like like get back super quick in the regular season just didn't really make a ton of sense. So I just want to feel good, have a really good progression, and then just be ready for postseason.
Speaker 2: Well that's easy for him to say, considering that the Dodgers kind of needed him in this four game series. It's great to be ready for the postseason, but you have to get there first, and luckily for Tyler Glass, now the Dodgers are handling business while he's on the IL for the second time this season, and I asked him whether or not this has been frustrating not being able to be part of this four game series because before you get to the playoffs, you got to take care of business in your own division. And it would be great if the Dodgers would have had Yama, Moto and glass Now available for this four game series, but that hasn't happened.
Speaker 3: And here's what Glass Now had to say about missing this series.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it sucks for sure. I think to a lot of it, Like it was always kind of frustrating, like being at home, but I think series like this it kind of hits a little harder, just being I was supposed to come back and throw at the beginning yesterday and stuff, you know. So it's just like it sucks. I'm glad we pulled out a win, and I just think, like with other people dealing with injuries and stuff, it it sucks. So I think it's just even more important for me to just try to like keep my head and focused and just get back and stay healthy.
Speaker 2: So what you're trying to say, it sucks, right, Tyler. I mean you said it like three times right there. So obviously he's a little frustrated, but hopefully he can feel right when he comes back and not look back in October eight six, six, nine, eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers have held it down yet again tonight without Glass, now without Yama Moto. Gavin Stone, who has made twenty five starts now on the season, leads the Dodgers and starts innings and wins. Even though he did not get a decision tonight, he has eleven wins on the season. I ask again, where would the Dodgers pitching staff be without the emergence of Gavin Stone this year, who was not even supposed to make the opening day roster coming into spring training, but he came in after a very productive offseason to get bigger, stronger, and to have more pitches in his repertoire, and he proved out to be a huge addition to this Dodger rotation. Let's go back out to the phones, Bob and Malibu. You're on Dodger Talk after an eight to six win at Chase Field.
Speaker 8: Hi, Bob, David bathse Dodger Bob out here in Malibu, Buddy, how you doing.
Speaker 3: Ah, I'm doing great, Bob. Where'd you watch the game at Dukes? Where'd you go?
Speaker 8: I'll tell you I wish I was a Duke. I was out of Marmalade to Malibu watching the game. But I gotta tell you, David, first and foremost, your work with Cameo is excellent. I received a birthday message from you back in November. Buddy. That made my day, made my week, made my year. I'll tell you, man, that was a special treat. Thank you for that.
Speaker 6: Man, I appreciate you are a sick man.
Speaker 3: Bob, you're a sick man. If that's what made your day, I really.
Speaker 8: Bring it home for me, baby, Come on, bring it home days. Listen. Question this series and related to this series and related to the Diamondbacks in postseason. Obviously, tell me your thoughts on where a healthy Diamondbacks look with Christian Walker and Marte back in that lineup compared to what we're seeing now.
Speaker 2: And don't forget about Gabriel Moreno, who is their starting catcher and since he's been on the IL teams are running like rabbits on the Diamondbacks catchers and pitchers. So yes, I think we all have to keep that in mind, they're missing three big time players Dodger killer, Christian Walker, MVP candidate to tell Marte and Gabrielle more. But to me, Bob, when I mentioned earlier, and I'm not sure if you heard this, if things stay the way they are right now, the Dodgers having the top seed in the National League, they would play the winner of a Padres Diamondbacks wildcard series. And for me, I would say the Padres might be a tougher matchup only for the mere fact is their bullpen is better than Arizona's. Everything else, Arizona gets the edge, and I would say the Padres edge out because of their bullpen.
Speaker 8: Makes sense. I hear what you're saying loud and clear, and I agree with you. I'll follow your lead on this one as I always do.
Speaker 6: Day.
Speaker 8: My last part of my question is, obviously, we saw Will Smith get a little rest. You've seen Freddy get a couple of days rest. How important? And I heard you talking to Freddy about it the other day. How important do you think it is to these guys to get a couple of days just to catch their breath.
Speaker 2: Well, for Freddy especially, Bob, I think it was I think we all believe that. You know, there's a lot of attention on his son, Max Freeman in the seven days that Freddy had to miss because of how serious the situation was.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't just go away, right.
Speaker 2: He's still dealing with it, his wife is still dealing with it, and little Max Freeman is still going through physical therapy, so that's.
Speaker 3: Still part of his daily life. So that takes a toll on him.
Speaker 2: And then Jason Hayward is no longer his teammate, and then he has a microfracture on his right middle fingers. So all of those things compounded the fact that he probably did need three physical days, but just as important three mental days. It was four with the day off on Monday, So I think we all take that for granted.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't go away.
Speaker 8: Well, these guys were called heart all year. Kudos to him. Put a cake on the candle for our boys. Stone came through for us man, Dave, What a pleasure always talking to you, and thanks again for that cameo, Buddy. I hope I could return that favor to another someday and send another one for him.
Speaker 2: All right, Bob, thanks a lot for the phone call. We'll see you out there one day at Zooma Beach. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks eight to six here at Chase Field and are looking to expand their lead even more tomorrow, when Justin Robleski is expected to take the mound. The Dodgers will not have to make a roster move tomorrow to activate Robleski to make the start because tomorrow is September first, and the rosters are expanding for every major League team to twenty eight, but there has been a cap on pitchers. It's only going to be one pitcher and one position player. And the position player to me, from what I'm gathering, is going to be Andy pa Has for the Dodgers. And look, I know many of you are clamoring for Dalton Rushing. I would love to see what Dalton Rushing has to offer, because he is crushing the baseball.
Speaker 3: At Oklahoma City as well.
Speaker 2: I'm not rule out that fact that he is doing that, but to start September, it feels like Paez is going to be that guy. And from what I'm gathering as well, the Dodgers are not ruling out the possibility of Dalton Rushing being called up sometime in the middle of September if they feel that there are opportunities for him to get at bats in left field, maybe I would say he's not going to catch a game, but if he does come up, it's going to be as a left handed hitting, power hitter in the outfield and off the bench specifically.
Speaker 3: So that's the way the Dodgers are looking at it.
Speaker 2: If they do in fact call up Dalton Rushing at some point in time during the month of September, but Robleski will be up, and all indications are pointing to Andy Piez being the position player called up tomorrow. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's take one more phone call in Rancho kucka manga. Gilbert, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Hi Gilbert, Hi David.
Speaker 2: How are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great? What's up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, David?
Speaker 8: So, what do you think the outcome with Clayton Kershaw? Is he gonna finish the season or do you think this is the last we've seen of him and he's headed forward his retirement now.
Speaker 2: No chance, Gilbert. Everybody at every turn wants to say that's it for Kershaw. This the bone spur in his big left toe is not ideal, but he's been managing it on and off for a number of years and it just popped up maybe two or three starts ago. But he'll be able to get through this like he has all these years, Gilbert, And no, it's not the end for Kershaw.
Speaker 6: Okay, I appreciate David. I hope so I'll hope you see him in the World Series.
Speaker 3: See you then, all right, Gilbert, love that, Love that.
Speaker 2: And look, I believe this series for the Dodgers is going to help propel them through at least the first two rounds of the postseason, because the dog have not had to play meaningful games like this in this type of environment against the team that's chasing them this late in the season since twenty twenty one. And what happened that year, The Dodgers went all the way to the NLCS, unfortunately losing to the eventual champion Atlanta Braves. So to me, this series against this team is a good thing for the Dodgers in the long run. All Right, that'll do it for us. On Dodger Talk tonight, coming up tomorrow. Like I mentioned, Justin Robleski will be on the mound for the Dodgers going up against Brandon Fott Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at noon with first pitch from Chase Field at one ten with Rick Monday and Tim Nevertt on the call for Game three of this four game series between the.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Snakes.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers have won the first two games of this series, last night ten to nine, tonight eight to six. They have a six game lead over the Diamondbacks a six game lead over the Padres. So right now they are in the driver's seat for the NL West and to reclaim their title or continue their streak of dominance since twenty thirteen, only missing out on the NL West Crown one season by one game to those Miracle Giants in twenty twenty one. Thanks to Colin Ee back at our Burbank Studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at a festive Chase Field where the concert continues, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Once again, the final score from Chase.
Speaker 2: Field in Arizona the Dodgers defeat the Diamondbacks eight to six.
Speaker 3: Have a great rest of your Saturday. Be safe. We'll talk to you tomorrow. See Yam.