Speaker 1: Now your host for World Series Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Tim kamk Hi, everybody, and welcome in to my Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: It's the twenty twenty four World Series, your Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Yankees. So far, the Dodgers have prevailed in all three games, beating the Yankees in the Bronx last night. Tonight, Game four Dodgers Yankees, a Dodgers win, and they clinched their eighth World Series championship in franchise history. It will be a bullpen game for the Dodgers. Ben Casparius will get the start for the Blue. First bitch from Yankee Stadium is coming up at five to oh eight. Between now and then, we got a lot to get to here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We're gonna hear from the manager himself and Dave Roberts get his Game four pregame thought we'll dive deeper into this Game four pitching matchup. David vess Say will join us throughout the show. TV goes one on one with Dodger pitch coach Mark Pryor. We've got your Dodgers Magical moment you're o Taani Rewind coming up shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we will head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night in the Bronx, it was all about Bueller.
Speaker 3: Walker Bueller.
Speaker 2: Five shutout innings last night against the Yankees. He struck out two along the way, struck out five. Walker Bueller looked like postseason Walker Bueller really good. In his third World Series start of his career. He went the five innings the Dodgers offense. They give him some instant offense in the first thanks to Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 4: Toni with a short lead, a one two offering from Schmid, Freddy swings and belts a ball right field, hooking toward the corner.
Speaker 5: Hello short ports and Hello Freddy Freeman for a third straight game of this World Series, five straight World Series games overall. Freddie Freeman go a two run blast from Freddy and a two nothing lead in the first inning.
Speaker 2: Second batter of the game, Freddy Freeman goes deep. That's the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less.
Speaker 3: Dodgers up two to nothing.
Speaker 2: Then in the third Mookie Bets up to bat with a runner on.
Speaker 4: On the ninth pitch from Schmid, Bet swings. It's a little flare to right field, sinking fast Soto with a deaky flashed the glove. Here comes Edmund racing around third.
Speaker 5: He'll score without a throw RBI single Mookie Bets and a three to nothing lead in Game three.
Speaker 6: By one and a bat for Bookie Betts. He just fouling off pitch after pitch after pitch, and what a read by Tommy Edmond at second base. He saw that the ball was going to drop in. That was a breaking ball into the hands. Bets went inside out with a swing and the Dodgors put another run up on the board.
Speaker 2: Great piece of hitting, great piece base running from Tommy Edmond. That's the breath of fresh air moment of the game. Sponsored by Atara Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services here in southern California, Look no further than are Friends at a Tara Mechanical. Omar Brittany, the founders, They're great people. Their service more than just a solution. It's a breath of fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your projects. A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair price. Dodgers up three to nothing in the six when Key k Hernandez delivered with an RBI single to center that scored Gavin Lux and the Dodgers a little two out, matching up four to nothing. It remained a Dodger for nothing shut out until the bottom half of the ninth inning two outs Alex Verdugo a two run of home run to Riot didn't matter. Dodgers go on and win Game three of the World Series last night, four to two of the final as Walker Buehler goes five shutout innings to get the win six different relievers. After Walker Bueler, Michael Kopek pitched the ninth inning as the Dodgers take a three to zero series lead in this Best is seven twenty twenty four World Series. The Dodgers the twenty fifthteam in World Series history to go up three games to none. Of the previous twenty four twenty one have completed a sweep in four games. Team down three to zero hasn't forced a Game five since nineteen seventy. The Reds and the Baltimore Orioles Dodgers looking to close things out tonight in the Bronx. It's Game four Dodgers Yankees. First pitch coming up in five oh eight and with more we head out to the Galvin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to is Steven Nelson, hed Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, TC one more. We that's all the Dodgers need to wrap up this twenty twenty four World Series. They lead New York three games to none. But similar to how we talk about the final three outs of the game, the final win in a series is by far.
Speaker 6: The hardest to get. Well, we talk about the final three outs in the game very difficult. Well, if you're looking at the best of seven series, game four in the good column is the most difficult to do. And for the Dodgers, they understand the odds. They've been peppered with all kinds of expertise about, well, you know, teams that are up three games than none in a best of seven. They've won thirty nine of the forty times, and YadA, YadA, YadA, there's still twenty seven outs you have to garner and they're not that easy. And understand that. The mentality the New York Yankees has to be looked. They've been bombarded as well. They don't have to win four in a row. Their mindset is to win tonight. They have to win one game. Then tomorrow, win one game, take it back.
Speaker 7: To Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: Dodgers do not want that, obviously, they like to have a celebration, but in order to get there, they're gonna have to play very good baseball. And Dave Roberts addressed the media this afternoon. He says, hey, look, we have not played this says, okay, we've won three games. We have not played flawless baseball, and they need to iron a few things out in order to nail it down tonight.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a point well made. They're up three to nothing, but they're not doing great offensively in terms of team batting average. They are slugging, whereas the Yankees aren't. That has been the difference in the series. The Dodgers have eleven extra base hits. I think the Yankees maybe only have five in these first three games combined. I really love what Key k Ornandez had to say after the game. You know, everybody who was interviewing him had smiles and positive energy, but Keik was more reserved, more straight face, and said, you know, like, how does it feel to be one win away? As like, I don't care to be honest with you, ask me tomorrow. Are approach is going to be whatever it takes to win one game tomorrow where you're playing a team that has nothing to lose. So the mental approach that Keik was talking about is one that the Dodgers have to bring.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I used the term after Game two of this series that if you really want to kind of put in perspective, you know, those that are climbing Mount Everest don't high five to one another halfway up. Yeah, the Dodgers are almost there, They're not there yet. In order to high five, they've got to do some other things. The pitching has been terrific, and I thought last night Walker Buehler really worked the deficiencies, if you will, of the New York Yankees. Bueller first of all, threw more fanstballs, more cutters upstairs, took advantage, and he also went with that big sweeper. He didn't throw the changeup. He really worked to the deficiencies again of what the Yankees have been so far in the first three games of the series.
Speaker 4: Walker Bueler Freddie Freeman homering again in the bullpen. Again terrific for the Dodgers. You know, Dave Roberts celebrating a big anniversary in his baseball career twenty years ago, part of that Red Sox comeback from down three to zero against the Yankees and.
Speaker 7: The four Alcs.
Speaker 4: His focus creating a different anniversary, a new anniversary, and winning another World Series for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: First pitch approaching, Tim Let's get it back to you, all right, thanks Lon Nelly.
Speaker 2: As we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game to ay Meal on at Shaky's Beans a Parlor.
Speaker 3: What are your Shaky's beats?
Speaker 2: Shakin the mojo's right now at Shakey's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vas say, well, dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Well, we'll hear from Dodger pitchy coach Mark Pryor. But up next, Yo tani Rewind and we visit with Kirsten Watson Sports Net LA as we lead you up to first pitch Game four of the twenty twenty four World Series Dodgers Yankees. First pitch at five oh wait. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kas's.
Speaker 3: Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on the Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of.
Speaker 7: LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Yankees Game four of the World Series. Dodgers a three to zero series lead, looking to finish it off Tonight. Ben kiz Sparius will get the start as the Dodgers opener in a bullpen game.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five oh eight.
Speaker 8: This is the Otani rewy Well showy Otani in the lineup last night with the bad shoulder in all he did not get a hit, Bud got on base.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers would end up winning Game three last night by final of four to O. Tani Rewind brought to you by eto In's Oi Ocha, Japan's number one green tea and the Tea that showy Otani loves and drinks available at local DISO stores, Target Whole Foods etoin dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it O E N dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirsen now joins us from Yankee standy before Game four of this World Series. Keirston the champagne is on ice. The Dodgers just need to take care of business to night they.
Speaker 9: Do, and you know what this You can just kind of feel the energy that these guys want to do the job. They want to sweep the Yankees. They want to win that World Series. They want to have a parade in Los Angeles and so. But they also they don't want to get ahead of themselves. Yes, they're up three zero in this series, but they recognize that is a very talented team over there. Luis Hill obviously was excellent to start the first half of the season. When the team saw him here in New York over the summer, he was very good. They actually won that game of the series. The Dodgers ended up taking the series, but they did win that Game three, so there's a little bit of familiarity with them there. The hope is they can use that to their advantage. But he has as much as the second half look different than the first half. Four heel he's hoing into this one hoping to be in a good spot in which he can be successful to help get his team to win. So I do think it's going to be a battle. But the Dodgers there approaches it's one game at a time, it's one pitch at a time. The mindset is that it's still zero zero, and so I think by doing that, they're putting themselves in a good position not to get ahead of themselves.
Speaker 2: Kirsten is brought to by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating now a carsfrokids dot Org. That's cars with the K. Here's this Dodgers team night going with a bullpen game and it's Ben Kisparius getting the starts.
Speaker 9: Listen. I'm so excited for Ben.
Speaker 3: I think this is an opportunity.
Speaker 9: That he has worked incredibly hard for and is very deserving of it. When you look at what he's been able to do this postseason. He's had scoreless outings in which he's been out there, so he's got a zero eer a coming in to this one. He's also shown just he can handle the big moments. Yes, this is the World Series. I'm sure there are some nerves, even Dave Roberts's talking about, like, yeah, he's probably a little bit anxious. He's been trying to stay away from him today. But he's someone who, Yes, he debuted late in the season, we didn't know too much about him, but since he has shown up, he has shown that he's got some really good stuff. He's been executing his pitches and I think just seeing the success he's had in this postseason is telling, and so that's what allowed for them to be like, you know what, he's a good option to start this game.
Speaker 7: He has been a.
Speaker 9: Starter in the past, so he is built up. And the hope is they're gonna need some length because whether it's him, Landon Knack, Brent honeywell, they are gonna need some length to be provided, just because we have seen some usage of the bullpen these last few days. Yes, they had the off day ahead of Game three, but still it's the World Series. You know, each pitch is a high leverage pitch and so they're gonna need all hands on decks. So Dave Roberts said that everyone is available, but if he can get some out of us at one or one of those guys two of the three. But they are gonna need some support because if they don't win, then they do have to play tomorrow, in which Jack clarerty would have to start.
Speaker 2: Let's hope they take care business tonight, Keirrison. We will check in with you either way after the game.
Speaker 3: Still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup David Vetsego's one on one with Mark Byre. But up next we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Is the Dodgers and Yankees Game four of the World Series. First pitch at five. Oh wait, I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunter game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead up to first pitch, Game four of the World Series Dodgers and Yankees from the Bronx Marongo Casino Resort at Spa A Grand Slam four Good times. Ben Casparius on the mound in this game four tonight, Dodgers a chance to close it out and when they're eighth World Series Championship, first pitch coming up at five oh aba. Right now, He's head back out to Yankee Stadium and check out with the Dodgers Skipper anything else.
Speaker 7: The questions for Dave Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 10: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 7: The dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 3: Of course of all?
Speaker 11: Skipper Jim Hill KKL nine News, what is your level of anxiety and or anxiousness as you're so close but still so far away?
Speaker 12: Definitely not anxiety, I think, uh, you know, excited to get the game going. Guys have a good look, great preparation, and uh yeah, I like where we're at, so excited to get going.
Speaker 10: Stay there on the corner.
Speaker 11: Hey, Dave, Crystal Rich, I believe it was the NLCS that you said you believe in this group of guys more so than anyone that you've managed before. With that feeling and these two story friends, chi is going head to head having that three oh lead. What would it mean today to sweep?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean it would be historic for for our franchise to win another World Series, certainly against a great organization as the Yankees. Just excited of for our players, our fans, But you know, it's it's like I said, I believe in this group. I love this group, and we've got to play keep playing good baseball.
Speaker 11: And then just some minor change to the bottom half of the lineup with KEYK moving up. What was the thought process there?
Speaker 12: I just feel that I like Key K against heel. He's obviously taken really good at bats and so just kind of flip flopping those two. I felt good about it.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave Roberts down in the dugout with his pregame thoughts. Dave Roberts brought you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs by being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to let Service Titan help you be prepared Service Titan dot Com.
Speaker 3: When we continue here.
Speaker 2: I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check out with David Bassey as we are leading you after first pitch Game four of the World Series Dodgers and Yankees. I'm sim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Yankees. It's Game four of the World Series. Dodgers a three to zero series lead. Ban Kisparius will get the start as the opener, first pitch coming up at five oh way.
Speaker 7: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 7: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV the Dodgers one win away, this Dodger team.
Speaker 3: What was different about then then? Maybe like the last couple of teams.
Speaker 13: Well, I would say number one, Tim, they were more invested at the beginning of this postseason the last two years, playing the Padres and Diamondbacks in the first round. You know, guys took their own cars down to San Diego a couple of years ago.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Last year, I saw a lot of golf bags on the team bus in Arizona. So it just didn't feel like everybody was all in. It felt like they just felt they could show up and out talent the opposition. This year, the team came together and actually made a concerted effort to have more focus on baseball, whether it was getting together at the stadium, whether it was flying alone with no wives or kids. They were all in for these three and a half weeks. And here was Gavin Lux earlier today talking about what he believed to be the biggest difference.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think that's the main thing that I feel like is different from the years past, is the intensity and then to compete every single pitch and to not giving that bad away or a pitch away, and that to say we did in the years past, but it just the intensity every single pitch, every single inning feels different this year than it did in the years past. And you know, I think that's just the guys we have in the clubhouse and and like you said, we kind of learned from our past mistakes and like this year where we spent pretty much every day together and for these last three four weeks, I think that's made a big difference. And you know, we're all pull in the same direction, so let's get together. And then you know, when you're close with these guys in the clubhouse, it just makes pulling for each other that much easier.
Speaker 13: And there were no guarantees tim the Dodgers would be on the cusp of a World Series championship With all that, but the one thing these players could say is that they gave it their full attention, full focus, and they left nothing on the table. And that's something that as a player you can live with if it doesn't go your way.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, it's choice is fine yours With the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough, this march can only be called F one five. The Dodgers starting pitching coming into this series was thought to be well, not as good as the Yankee starting pitchers over the course of the regular season, but dam they've really stepped it up in this series.
Speaker 13: And we were just talking to John Smoltz about that. John Smoltz said, the way I handicapped this series, I thought the starting pitching for the Yankees was going to be the difference in the series, but he said it's been.
Speaker 10: The complete opposite.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers starting pitching has been the dominant reason why they had this three games to none lead. And Jack Flaherty got things started in Game one and he will start tomorrow night if the Dodgers cannot close out the Yankees.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, I think pitching can be contagious too, and whether or not it started with Walker's start in Game three against San Diego where things happened that ending the way that they happened, but he thought he threw the ball really, really well. And then you look to the next thing and what the bullpen did and from there what they were able to do in that game, and then you look to Yama and what he did and just kind of carrying over you just you just want to pick up after the next guy. And then if somebody has a rough night, you know, then the next guy's gonna pick you up. And that goes for everything in this game.
Speaker 13: And we'll see whether or not all that works out in a bullpen game. It feels like Tim, the Dodgers are not going to throw out their high leverage relievers in this game unless there's certain they have a chance to win. So the Dodger offense is going to have to force the hand of Dave Roberts to do that.
Speaker 3: I get some runs early with no doubt about it. Day appreciate.
Speaker 2: We'll check back you with you just a couple of minutes coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Though we'll get you your Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't go anywhere. We're leading you up to Game four of the World Series Dodgers and Yankees. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Yankees, Game four of the World Series. Ben Casparius on the mound for the Dodgers and a potential closeout game.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five oh eight, all without.
Speaker 6: A hot dog?
Speaker 10: Who wants a hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Ah, we go back to October fifteenth, nineteen eighty A Dodger Stadium was the scene sixty eight degrees in clear skies for the Dodgers in Oakland A's Game one of the nineteen eighty eight World Series. Dodgers jumped out to a two nothing lead, then the A's put a four spot up in the top half of the second inning. Dodgers would score running the sixth to make it a four to three A's lead going to the bottom half of the ninth inning, Dennis Eckersley on in relief, one of the best relievers in baseball that year, runner on for pinch hitter Kurk Gibson.
Speaker 7: Shack's waiting on deck for the game Right now is that the play high fly ball in.
Speaker 16: The right fail shes gone.
Speaker 5: In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened.
Speaker 2: One of the legendary calls of all time, the great Vince Scully on the call for Kirk Gibson's game won nineteen eighty eight to run home run to give the Dodgers a five to four win, and they go on and beat the Oakland A's in five games of the nineteen eighty eight World Series. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, a SoCal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffy hot Dogs. Well we continue here, I'm wrong because you know Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: We'll check back in.
Speaker 2: Well, Rick Monday for leading you up to the first pitch from the Bronx Dodgers Yankees Game four the World Series.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kayson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Yankees.
Speaker 2: It's Game four of the twenty twenty four World Series. Dodgers a three to zero series lead, a chance to close things out tonight in the Bronx, Ben Casparius gets to start for the Dodgers and what will be a bullpen game first pitch coming up at five o eight. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Zench hand crafted sushi made fresh daily on site pick of Delicious Sushi before the game at Rolson other local supermarkets near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 13: Well, our very own Rick Monday knows what the Dodgers are feeling. He was one win away from winning the World Series with the Dog Dodgers in nineteen eighty one and got it done in Game six right here in the Bronx, Rick, this is a very exciting time. Obviously, the Dodgers know what's at stake, yep.
Speaker 6: And I've been on the other side of the coin also and also against the Yankees, and the Yankees are going to come on tonight, David, with one thing in mind. I think they will be much more aggressive because quite frankly, there has been a void from what I have seen so far from the Yankees. I'm not in that dugout. I'm not in the locker room. And I preface that by saying, you think you know the ball club, same way with the Dodgers. You know we're not in the locker room right before or after a game. We're not in the dugout during the game. So even though we know the players and no tendencies, I don't know what is going through the minds of the New York Yankees, but they have to play with more energy than what they've had so far in the first three games of this series. In fact, for the Yankees, they've had the lead just one time in this series, and that was after the two run home run by Giancarlos that was in the sixth inning of Game one at Dodgers Stadium. They have not been in the lead since that time.
Speaker 13: It just feels rick that the Yankees are not on the same level as far as the way they're playing the game right now as the Dodgers are.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers seem to be hitting on all cylinders.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get the feeling that for the Yankees in the first three games, for the most part, as a hitter standpoint, they have been defending home plate instead of owning home plate. Now that's a mental attitude, and if you don't play the game, maybe you don't understand it at this level in particular. But it's as if the Dodgers have gone to home plate in this series and have taken some pitches, even though they may be strikes depending upon the count, is if that particular pitch is not worthy of them swinging. And for the New York Yankees, they have gone to home plate saying, Okay, the pitch is being thrown, I guess I need to hit it. They have not been very disciplined to this particular point. And I thought last night Walker Buehler really exposed some weaknesses of the New York Yankees from a ball club. And Buehler changed his presentation if you will, because looking at some numbers he threw the fastball in the cutter with a much higher percentage than what we have seen so far. And I might add we saw better velocity from Walker Buehler last night than what we have seen so far since coming off of his second time at John Surgery. Also used the sweeper in particularly against right handed batters, and I'm not certain that the Yankees right handed hitters know where the outside quarter is because they have been swinging it pitches well off the plate.
Speaker 10: Hasn't that been the story of the series as well? Rick?
Speaker 13: The Dodgers three starters have really kept the Yankees off balance.
Speaker 6: I think you can have the best scouter report in the world if you're not able to execute it, what good is that Skotter report? And I think if you look at the Dodgers, what they're able to do, example being Buehler last night taking advantage of hitters. They just continue to expand the strike zone, get behind in the count, and instead of taking a walk, they hit a bad pitch or they strike out. And that's been kind of the story. Now can the Dodgors go ahead and take advantage of it tonight? With Casparius, who's going to be at least the first of how many relievers we're going to see, And the Dodgers have to figure out Louis Heel, who is going to start for the Yankees. They saw him back in June. Is he the same picture that they saw then? And if that's the case, they have to decide where the top of the strike zone is, in particular left handed batters, and the Dodgers will have five lefties in their lineup if you include Edmund who's a switch hitter, and Heel has tried to elevate the fastball against lefties in particular and then thrown a very good slider on top of it.
Speaker 13: All right, Rick, thanks for stopping by again. We've done this all season long, and this may be the last one.
Speaker 6: As much as I like you and as much as I enjoy this, I hope we don't have to do it again, at least on a pregame show until next spring.
Speaker 10: Trending that sounds great.
Speaker 13: I'll come back up after the game and gave you a nice Champagne hug after I'm done downstairs.
Speaker 6: Trick or treat.
Speaker 13: There he goes our guy, Rick Monday, a World Series champion here in the Bronx.
Speaker 10: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks lot guys, Dodgers fans and Hansher listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick, We'll be back with Stephen Nelson. They got those keys to the game coming up. But up next we go high and tight with Dodger pitching coach Mark Pryor to Dodgers and Yankees first pitch in the Bronx at five oh eight.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Yankees Game four of the World Series from New York. Dodgers a three to zero series lead, chance to close it out with the win. Ben Casparius will get to start for the Blue and when is a bullpen game. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor at c h LA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 3: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 7: This is high and tight.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers are one win away from the World Series and their pitching staff has been a big part of it. And the man that has navigated this pitching staff all postseason, all season long is their pitching coach, Mark Pryor.
Speaker 10: Mark.
Speaker 13: Thanks a lot for the time and congratulations on getting this far.
Speaker 10: Appreciate it.
Speaker 17: But uh yeah, job's not done, and uh you know, we gotta come up today and play. These guys are gonna come out fighting. But so far it's it's we've been on the positive side of things. Gotta go get twenty seven more outs.
Speaker 13: How did you, Dave Roberts Andrew Friedman game plan to come up with these bullpen games going back to Game four of the NLDS.
Speaker 17: Well, I mean, I think you know, one, there is a lot of planning, but most of it, I mean it has been out of necessity. I mean, it's no secret that when you lose starting pitching at the clip that we did, whether it was you know, Tyler with glass now or it's Kersh Gavin Stone. I mean, those are like big pieces that we expected to be pitching in these games. And we came into playoffs with three stars, and we knew that, you know, three established stars, and we knew that we were gonna have to do some bullpen and do some you know, some more you know, unorthodox things. And you know, fortunately for us, we have a lot of really good arms in the bullpen that have really you know, really stepped up in some big situations and done some really kind of heroic things at times to make these things work. And they're they're not not necessarily always the things that you want to do. They're they're very hard staying, especially over a course of playoffs, but you know, it's what we've had to do more than something that we necessarily wanted to do.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 17: And these this bullpen has been unbelievable as a group and as a as a unit, uh, to basically pick us up where you know, we just didn't have that guy, you know, that that extra starter.
Speaker 13: When did you start to realize they found their identity as dogs that were foaming at the mouth to get into a game.
Speaker 17: Honestly, I think it goes back to a little bit of the regular season. I think it was good for us to play the Padres, you know, late in that season, I think because you know, we had you know, obviously we're in a dogfight with the Pennant or the division divisional race. But for them to come out and do what they did, you know, those to win the division that last week of the season. But then really just going in I think Blake's first game in that division series really set the tone for me, Like, at least I mean him being able to go out drop two innings on those guys really secure that first victory. I know we went down to one after that, but I honestly think that set the tone of like, here we go, we can do this, and I think everybody just falls suited. And then you got into Game four and those guys just attacked the strike zone against the Padres, who is a very very good team, very offensively driven team, and they just were efficient. They attacked, you know, they kind of imposed their will, so to speak, on them. And then from then on it's just they've been doing it all all playoffs and you know, every facet of our game is stepped up and raised its level, and they've definitely they're part of that. They've definitely stepped up and done some things that you know that I think I don't think people expected. I think everybody thought, you know, our pitching was gonna be an interesting dynamic, and I think us included, we weren't quite sure. But they've definitely been a strength for us this October.
Speaker 13: Mark Pryor is our guest before Game four of the World Series. Today, you have rookie right hander Ben Casparius starting what people believe is a bullpen. Why has he been so good and why is he the right guy tonight?
Speaker 17: Well, I mean, yeah, it's definitely interesting with Ben, you know, because he's a guy who hadn't pitched a whole lot. He came up, threw a couple outings for us, maybe Ryan Labor Day with Arizona. He had that one inning, and then he faced the Rockies down the stretch.
Speaker 3: He's got really good stuff.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 17: I mean you look at his he's got a good fastball in the mid up or nineties. Uh, he can really spin the baseball with both slider and curveball. Trust the head, you know, you know, he had that one inning against Colorado where he almost kind of fell off the rails and then he was able to quickly get it back. So we trust the stuff, you know, to in this environment to just kind of let it rip and then we'll see where we go from there. But everybody's had their part in this in this run, and this is he's He's had some good moments where he against the Mets, he got his feet wet in that Padre series, So now he's gonna get his feet wet here in the Bronx and that's not an easy task, but we feel he's up to it as as the rest of the guys are.
Speaker 10: Just one win.
Speaker 17: Yeah, play the game. It's just like it's a big game, but it's you approach every game the same.
Speaker 6: Just go out and play good baseball, all.
Speaker 13: Right, Mark, thanks a lot for the time, appreciated and congratulations on all the success you've had with the team and the synergy you've created.
Speaker 10: Well, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 13: There he goes Dodgers pitching coach Mark Pryor. He's been a big part of all this. We'll send it back to you in the Studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you Mark.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast.
Speaker 3: But it's game night, It's Group Knight.
Speaker 2: Shakys dot Com lead you up to first pitch Dodgers Yankees Game four the World Series. Come back and dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kasey's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All season law.
Speaker 2: Hits the Dodgers and Yankees Game four the World Series from New York coming up and five a way.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dinut, we look at the.
Speaker 2: Pitching present by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and the all new twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 3: See your Toyota Dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Luis heel on the Mound, twenty six yearld right hander of the Dominican Republic, first full season in the Big leagues, has made twenty nine starts during the regular season fifteen and seven with a three P fifty e R eight one hundred and seventy one strikeouts. He allowed three hits or fewer in fourteen of those twenty nine starts, holding the pen opponents to a one eighty nine batting average in those fourteen starts so far this postseason one start in the ALCS Game four against the Guardians, when four innings, two runs, three hits, three strikeouts. The Dodgers saw heel back in Juniat Yankee Stadium on that Sunday night, five and two third innings, three runs, five hits, five strikeouts and a no decision. Ben Casparius gets the start for the Dodgers. Twenty five year old right hander. He went to Yukon, so he's familiar with the cold of the Northeast. Fifth round pick in twenty twenty one of the Dodgers at of Yukon started the season Double A Tulsa played in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City before getting called up late in August. Three appearances during the regular season with the Dodgers and eight and the third total innings that's it, two runs allowed, twelve strikeouts. He has two wins in those three outings. He's made three appearances so far in the postseason, most recently an inning and a third against the Mets Ben Casparagus Luis Heal. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Eto Wins oi Ocha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that Showyotani loves and drinks a Bilibia local Diso stores target at eto.
Speaker 3: Win dot com.
Speaker 2: That's it, Oe n dot Com, Dodgers Yankees. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Yankees, Game four of the World Series.
Speaker 3: From the Bronx. First pitch coming up at five o eight.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans and hansher listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot Org. All right back out to the booth. One final sign before first pitch. Steven Nelson, Rick Mounday, guys, All.
Speaker 4: Right, Tim, you go back to how Game one wrapped up really with one swing, Freddie Freeman belting an inside fastball from Nestor Cortez that did seem like a Mike Tyson right hand to the stomach. And it took all of the year out of the Yankee lungs and mole for the last two nights, last two games, I should say, New York has really struggled to get air back in those longs. So how did the Dodgers suffocate him and finish the series?
Speaker 6: Well, I think first of all is the pitching, and they're going to go with the bullpen game tonight, and bencus Barius is going to be the initial pitcher that comes in. And here's a young man and said, hey, wait a minute, were there any Fonsi Cosparius may have had the spring trending he said, hey, look, we're going to be pitching. I'm going to be pitching in the World Series. No, but if you look at the Yankees, everybody thought, well, the Yankees with their powerhouse, granted they're good team, granted, everybody figured, well, they have a huge edge as far as the pitching starting rotation to begin with, well, the Dodgers have used This will be the third game in postseason that they have had a bullpen game. They've won two so far in this particular situation. Hey, for the Dodgers, stay on track, They've had very well thought out advance. It has not been the case for the Yankees. On the other side of the field.
Speaker 4: The big, big guy for the offense has been Freddy Freeman. He's homeward in all three games this World Series, five straight World Series games for him as an individual, going back to his days in Atlanta. He can set a record and it will be history if he does it again tonight. So he's obviously batting third behind Betts and then Shohe Otani at the top, who is now one for eleven in the series. But well, it's not like he looks terrible or silly up there. He has been taking his walks. It is very clear that the Yankees are giving him a ton of respect and pitching him carefully. So it's a different series for Otani than has been for Judge, who's won for twelve.
Speaker 3: But who's the biggest key for.
Speaker 4: The offense tonight? For you? If if it maybe if you want to go beyond the big three. That's totally fine. I'm just wondering who you're looking at.
Speaker 6: Well, I look at the top of the order, and I say that because teams in postseason, everybody's So far in postseason, teams have scored first for twenty six and fifteen. Also, Louis Heel is pitching for the Yankees this year against the top three hitters in the lineup, the one, two, and three spot collectively just a one fifty seven batting average against Heel. The Dodgers, if they can strike early, I think they can really kind of quiet the crowd here in New York. They're desperate.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers saw Heel in that June series. He started the only game that the Yankees won in that three game set, Aaron Boone turning to him again. With New York season on the line, the Dodgers one went away from World Series ten. Can't wait to get this one going.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: First pitch is next, Dodger fans for twenty seven outs away from an eighth World Series championship. For this organization, Dodgers need to take care of business. A three to ninheing Series lead with four to go, potentially.
Speaker 3: Close it out tonight.
Speaker 2: Celebrate and come home and let's have a parade here in Los Angeles. Ben Casparius, Luis Heal, the pitching matchup. Shoei Otani steps in the batter's box when we come back.
Speaker 3: Enjoyed everybody.
Speaker 2: I've tim Katese has been Rongco Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network