Speaker 1: Seven oh six. In a very happy Friday to you, Brian Thomas. Always always happy when I see in the rundown our good friend from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, which you can find online in Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Welcome back to the fifty five KRSY Morning Show, Dave Williams. Good to have you on this morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Brian, and don't look at the sock market.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my first word of advice for today is you know, listen to a lot of people panic right when they see the market going down, and it's always a good bet to invest in the market. And yes, people are kind of struggling right now, but you know, always play the long game here and don't panic.
Speaker 2: Don't panic.
Speaker 1: I've been through these ups and downs. I'm going to be sixty in September, so I've been through it a lot. You know, I've been investing in four to one case since I had my first full time job as a lawyer, and you know, I just don't pay attention to it, honestly, because it's not worth the indigestion. And over the long haul, it's all worked out quite well in spite of the always temporary downturns. Always. I say that with a bit of hesitation, because you know, someday they if people aren't interested in purchasing our debt anymore, we're going to have a real problem on our hands. And I just sort of see that day coming closer and closer, which is a real concern. So the addressed to Congress, Trump's Addressed to Congress. Let's start there, because there was a lot of good there was some mixed reaction stuff, and of course, as you point out in your analysis of it at tax Payer Protection Lines, some bad stuff, at least from the perception of your group, and I understand why. So let's start with some of the good things. And I want to fast forward, moving away from the World Health Organization though the green news scam, which I agree it is a scam. Trump's all the above energy policy and just released this week the EPA really making some significant changes in terms of like greenhouse gas emissions that really aren't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot to unpack here when you talk about the green news scam, and really it's you know, electric vehicles, it's I mean the trillions of dollars and I'm not overstating this that has been really cordoned off for green energy. We're talking about EV subsidies, we're talking about loans, we're talking about really just giveaways to green energy. And if green energy is going to be a part of the energy portfolio, it needs to survive on its own age. We're not saying not get we're not saying get rid of wind and solar, but if it's part of it, no government subsidies, no taxpayer subsidies. And I think, you know, that's where there's a little bit of disconnect. I think with people is that they really hate these new energy things. Well, don't hate them, just don't subsidize them. But I like what Trump is doing and saying no more EV subsidies, and we have to claw back all these green energy subsidies.
Speaker 1: And no more mandates, the mandates of the reason the subsidies are in place. If you mean, if the product could survive on its own to be something the public demands and they would want it. In other words, I want a car with massive off the line torque. Then you want an after vehicle. Fine, you've got a zero to sixteen less than two seconds by yourself, a Tesla plaid. But if that's not important to you, and you really don't mind your internal combustion engine. I'd stick with that because that's what I do, and that's what I like. I want them to be available and I want to be able to have the choice myself.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: And it really, you know, dovetails into what we talk about the EPA and really having less of a footprint. You know, it's funny because they talk about a carbon footprint. What I want is less of is a government footprint on business, on individuals. I mean, that's my goal, just less thing, the government footprint. And you know, when you talk about regulations, you talk about permitting, the permitting process.
Speaker 2: It's not just about the bureaucracy.
Speaker 3: It's about allowing companies to do what they want to do and to be able to prosper and to build and to grow because the government is preventing businesses from flourishing, from expanding, and that's what the EPA does is stopping this.
Speaker 2: We have a many energy revolution happening in this country.
Speaker 3: You have companies that are building nuclear power plants and going with nuclear power to power their data centers like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, all of them right because they see this as the future of energy and nuclear energy is renewable, and the left hates to hear that. They hate to hear that nuclear energy is renewable, but it absolutely is and really could solve a.
Speaker 2: Lot of our energy problems.
Speaker 3: And the product sector again is taking the lead on this and saying, yes, we need to embrace nuclear energy to help reduce energy costs.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Amazon just these past fall announce that they have signed contracts in multiple states for these small modular reactors, which were a revolution in nuclear technology. It produces a massive amount of small of power and a very small footprint, and they're just just amazing there. I think this is the revolution and things to these giant tech companies embracing it conceptually and actually moving forward with investments in it. I think that's going to allow us, the unwashed masses they have access to it too, and it'd be less resistance than nuclear power generally speaking.
Speaker 3: Well, and I think that a lot of people's mindset they're stuck in the nineteen seven Oh yeah, when it comes to nuclear power, they think of three mile I only think of these things.
Speaker 2: We are way beyond that.
Speaker 3: And again, like you said, these tech companies are leaving the way in this, so it's really fascinating to say if we see more of this deployment in the coming years.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A couple other highlights the extension of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act from twenty seventeen. They're going to have to get their work done on that one because it's going to expire at least when I'm looking at Protecting Taxpayers dot org. You've got a countdown clock to that. We have two undred ninety two days to get that done. So and then DOGE. All the work DOGE is doing just revealing to the American public how wasteful they are with our money, just across the board, whether it's fraud, waste abuse, just stupid programs like transgender urban farmer programs. I mean, give me a break. It's just mind boggling, and that left is being forced to defend the indefensible.
Speaker 3: This is the crazy part, Brian, is that you have people like Chuck Schumer who are complaining about DOGE, and it's like, well, you know, we want to cut spending.
Speaker 4: No, you don't know, you don't.
Speaker 3: You have never offered an amendment, You have never offered any piece of legislation to cut spending, to look at wastefle spending, So what Dose is doing is I want to say it's revolutionary, but it's not because Rand Paul has been doing this for years. It's been putting out reports on wastefle spending. Now it's institutionalized and we're hearing a lot more about it. And I love this discussion.
Speaker 2: Now. Hasn't been perfect.
Speaker 3: Has the execution been perfect, Absolutely not, But it's a discussion that we haven't had in this country, a sustained discussion. I mean, we've been talking about this for months now. We haven't had that for a very long time. And it's so healthy to talk about getting rid of these programs. And you know us ai D, the you know the crazy things that are being funded through us ai D.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's get rid of them. And let's do it now.
Speaker 3: You know, Speaker of Mike Johnson, you know when you pass a continuing resolution, offer some of these spending exactly.
Speaker 2: Let's get the ball rolling, man. T is time is, the clock is ticking.
Speaker 1: Indeed, he did mention a better balancing the federal budget. But then Trump always comes out and says, I Am not going to touch those security, Medicare, Medicaid, which are the biggest problems we have on our hands. Someone is going to have to deal with that mess. They're unsustainable and they're on a trajectory to collapse on themselves, and everyone keeps saying no, no, no, we're not going to touch I'm not going to touch him. So I believe in ferreting out the fraud, waste, and abuse is a great first step, but the programs themselves are going to have to be reorganized.
Speaker 3: They will, Brian, I think Trump has a unique opportunity here because he's probably not running again. I mean, he talks about the third term, but you know he's not going to run again. So why not have this difficult discussion now because it's not going to hurt him politically, Because I mean, this is it right, So this is the time to do it if you are president, is to have these difficult but necessary discussions, because like you said, this is trillions of dollars in taxpayer spending that we need to bring under control, and there's ways to do it. And I know people don't like to hear the P word privatization, but if I'm allowed to invest my.
Speaker 2: Own money, I know not I know, give me the option.
Speaker 3: We're not saying it's mandatory Bryan, we're saying, give me the option if I want part of my social Security to go into a private fund, I should be able to do that.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 1: And the tariff, you and I can agree the terrorifts aren't necessarily a good thing, and I know that's one of the things you labeled under the bad Trump loves them. I understand reciprocal tariffs, so they're taxing our stuff or tariffing our things, and why wouldn't we put a tariff on theirs? Obviously it has an inflationary reality. But when you're using teriffs to get another country to do something that you wanted to do that it doesn't want to do, then we run into some real problems because then they do reciprocal tariffs and it becomes a downward spiral.
Speaker 3: Right, and companies don't pay taxes. Consumers do a right higher prices. So that's the problem is that this is going to get passed on to the consumer, and that's the last thing that we want. So you understand what he's trying to do, but it's not working because we've seen prices skyrocket and when you talk about he's going to delay them for a month, Well, you can't build a manufacturing base in a month.
Speaker 2: If you say we're going to.
Speaker 3: Delay auto tariffs or whatever tariffs, you can't build that whole manufacturing base in a month to make sure it's produced in the US.
Speaker 2: So it's just it's not feasible.
Speaker 1: Well, let's positive seven to fifteen. We'll bring back Dave Williams from the taxpayer protection lines. We'll talk about Hey, Doge, why don't you take a look at the post office maybe the other couple of points from the Trump address. First, though, I strongly recommend you get in touch with John Ryan. His company is Prestision Tiers. You will be working with John and Prestision Tiriers does kitchen remodeling. They did our kitchen remodeling projects so many years ago. Just love it, absolutely love it still to this day. Spend all our time in the kitchen, so much time in the kitchen. It's the heart of your home. And I bet you're the same way. Why not have a kitchen that you just simply love being in. You can do a small project or a big project. Got the whole thing to start from scratch. John is with you from initial design to final installation. He's been doing kitchens for more than thirty or thirty five years, so trust me, he knows what he is doing. A plus with a BBB, you're working with the right man. You'll really like him too. He's just a sweet and pleasant guy to work with. Find him online, check it all out of Prestige one two three dot com Prestige one two three dot com and you call him, please tell him. Brian said Hi at five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC. The talk station powerheard radiovere.
Speaker 1: Jeneren Ian says he's got a sunny day today with the highest seventy eight overnight. Some clowns forty nine for the low highest seventy one.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Rain in the morning's gotter, thunderstorms included. We get a dry stretch in the middle of the day. The rain returns late in the afternoon heavy rain two gusty wins as well. Overnight low is Saturday fifty four and high fifty eight on Sunday and rain parts our company in the morning fifty degrees.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 4: Traffic time.
Speaker 5: From the UC Health Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the UC Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. Some emergency repairs are happening to two seventy five eastbound after New Richmond. The roadway is down to one lane scheduled through Monday. Plan for just the left lane to be open, and that will have you using some caution and adjusting your speed. I'm Heather Pasco in fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven twenty and a happy Friday to year. Brian tell Us here with Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance online at Protecting Taxpayers dot org. I could line up the lists of your favorite pet fieves, Dave, after all the years we've talked and in the street cars is number one? You and I always have a go about that as a colossal waste of tax dollars. And I can't figure out whether number two is is taxpayer funded stadiums or the post office.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's uh, that's tough, Brian. Let's put them at a tie at number two.
Speaker 1: Tie at number two, right next to taxpayer funded stadiums, the United States Postal system, which literally loses billions and billions, and every single year, for as long as you and I have been talking, they lose billions of dollars. I mean, a business model that should work, a business model that should be flexible, like any other business. If nobody's mailing letters like they used to, then you're gonna have to cut back the size of your business or come up with an alternative business model that will help you continue to be profitable.
Speaker 4: But they never are profitable.
Speaker 2: No, they're not, and they're a monopoly. You have a you have a mailbox.
Speaker 3: Nobody can put anything in that mailbox except the Postal Service. It is against the law for any other company to put anything into your mailbox. You know, it's funny the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice, they talk about these monopolies and anti trusts and breaking up these big companies, break up the post Office. I mean, they're not looking at the most obvious monopoly that's out there, and that's the post Office. And again they're losing billions of dollars a year. I would love to have monopoly business, wouldn't you. I mean, it's like printing money.
Speaker 1: You would think, well, in I guess we Gause. It's mentioned in the Constitution. If I recall correctly, I guess they're not required to break even. At least they know they're going to get some sort of federal bailout. I mean, is that what this comes down to.
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 3: And you know, really over the past few years since COVID that they've gotten tens and tens of billions of taxpayer dollars. Now, they've always gotten taxpayer dollars in the fact that they don't have to pay taxes. They don't pay tax on gasoline for their trucks, so they've always gotten a really good deal from the taxpayers. But it's really the checks have been written over the last five or six years, specifically for the post office.
Speaker 1: Well, what seems to be the problem here is it just the fact that well, again I think this problems existed since before the Internet showed up and people were still mailing letters. But that obviously has compounded their problems because fewer and fewer people are mailing things. I think on a daily basis, if I get something substantive, maybe an actual bill or something that requires my attention, it's ninety percent just junk mails.
Speaker 4: What I call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's poor management.
Speaker 3: It really is from top to bottom, and Congress has just punted every time when they've looked at postal reform, look at Saturday delivery. If we got rid of Saturday delivery, that would save two billion.
Speaker 2: Dollars a year.
Speaker 3: And I really don't believe people would notice if Saturday delivery went away, if you had to wait till Monday to get your mail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't get mail on Sundays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we get packages on Sundays from the Post Office because they have a deal with Amazon to make sure that packages are delivered on Sunday, and that increases the cost. So it's estimated that each package that is delivered by the post Office, whether it's Amazon or any other seller, they lose about a dollar fifty per package they lose.
Speaker 4: They don't make you make it up dollar fifty. You make it up in volume, Dave, Yes, volume, volume, volume, well.
Speaker 1: As you report, and I know you didn't make the statistic up. US Postal Service lost nine point five billion dollars in twenty twenty four alone.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, So part of the problem is when they hire temporary seasonal employees because of the unions, they have to offer them full time jobs after you know, after Christmas after the season, so no other company does that. No UPS, they hire seasonal. You know what seasonal is seasonal? So in January they don't have a job at UPS or FedEx. At the postal service, you get the option of joining to postal service full time. Again, these are poor management decisions and a lot of it is driven by unions, and a lot of us is driven by.
Speaker 1: Stupidity, truly, And the electric vehicle mandate I can see this is the most likely one to eliminate because I think the contract they had with the electric vehicle manufacturer hasn't They haven't delivered on it.
Speaker 3: They haven't delivered on it. They're about ten thousand to twenty thousand dollars each vehicle more expensive than a regular combustible engine. And you know, if we see gas prices go down, obviously you save money there. Yeah, and gas prices have gotten down with more energy explorations, So listen. I think that again, this is a business model that isn't working. And do we absolutely need to privatize it. I think we should move towards it, but that's not the ultimate answer.
Speaker 4: We just need better.
Speaker 2: Decision making and listen.
Speaker 3: More attention by Congress Congress passed the Postal Reform Act a couple of years ago, and what they did was they took all of the postal obligations the healthcare as and move them over to medicare.
Speaker 2: Well that didn't save any money.
Speaker 3: No, it just means that taxpayers are still paying for in this and they didn't reform this in any way.
Speaker 1: Oh by, don't look over there, you're still on the hook, Dave William bookmark the page protecting protecting taxpayers butt or appreciate the work that you're doing and bringing this to everybody's attention each and every day, Dave, and look forward to having you back on the program really soon. Keep up the great work. Have a great Friday, Brian, thanks brother you two seven twenty five. If you five KCD talk station but Herbert Motors. I am so pleased be able to recommend but Herbert Mots to you because you'll have the same experience I had, which is awesome compared to the box store. And you don't have to go to the box store and experience what I experienced and know that you're going to benefit from Butterberd Motors. They aren't family members of the box store. They don't know about the products they're selling. To the extent that Herbert Family does, you will be dealing with superior customer service because you'd be dealing with a Herbert Family member. Their name's right there. That's the name of the business. They're proud of it, and they want to keep up the great reputation that's been earned for over seventy five years. They only sell the top world class brands. You got your John Deere's, your x Mark Steel, Honda power equipment, and they'll deliver it to you and they service everything they sell. So ignore the box stores. Go directly to the experts with great customer service and tell them Brian said, Hi, and you do. But Hebert Mootors dot com the number five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Have you ever wondered if your pet is lined to