Speaker 1: Before we tell you what took us back in time, or as Tricia put maybe a flash forward. It's important that you know that Tricia and I are married and we have a fifteen almost sixteen year old daughter. She'll be sixteen in less than a month. At the end of this month, she'll be sixteen, and she's sophomore in high school. And her Human Growth and Development class has a project for the kids that involved bringing home a robot baby.
Speaker 2: Or the robot baby.
Speaker 3: And here's how it works.
Speaker 1: So they put a wristband on the kid that's got a little sensor of some kind on it, and when the baby cries or baby fusses or whatever, you got to put that little your wrist on the baby to check in to make sure you're taking care of the baby.
Speaker 3: But you got to take care of the baby. What do babies do? They cry?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is an actual like human sized baby, like a newborn sized baby, looks like a doll, and it comes home in a car seat a carrier, and when it cries, she has two minutes to respond to the cries by clicking that censor on her wrist band. If she doesn't, she gets points taken off. She has to do all the things. It's twenty four to seven. It could cry at any moment. She was so excited to do this, and I tried so hard all school year to talk her out of doing it, and she just refused because I think she was interested in the novelty of it. And she brought it home on Friday and we went out to dinner. We took her and her friend and the baby out to dinner with us, and it went through the whole meal without crying. We were wondering if we'd be able to hear it. Oh, yeah, there was no doubt. When that baby cries, you can hear it. The whole restaurant's walking by looking at us like we're crazy. We kept saying, it's this high school project. It's a school project. Two different ladies were like, we did that in high school, but ours were flower bags. Bags of flower right, very funny.
Speaker 3: Technology has changed so all.
Speaker 2: Year long, she's been looking forward to doing this.
Speaker 4: She got brought it home at like five o'clock on Friday, and by eight thirty she hated the baby.
Speaker 2: I was like, you got a long way to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the baby. The baby cried at what.
Speaker 4: One twenty forty five in the morning, was awake for about twenty minutes her.
Speaker 2: Having to And you have to figure out what it wants. Is it hungry.
Speaker 4: There's a little bottle with a censer on the tip and hold it up and then it makes eating noises and you have to feed it until it's done eating. Or it could be a diaper need to be changed, there's a sensor in the diaper.
Speaker 2: Or it could be that it needs to be burped. You have to hit it on the back.
Speaker 4: At one point she was burping it and I could hear it across the house and I was like, you're hitting.
Speaker 2: That baby too hard. He kind of killed the baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the baby left this morning. Yeah the baby, Bye bye baby. Debated last night, Bye bye baby, Yeah, bye bye baby. I told Sandy, this could be a look into our futures, and you pointed out, You're like, this could be the best possible birth control ever for her.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it is AHAPS. I think it's the best possible birth control for anybody, oh, adult, adult or child.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And when I would be like in my room and that baby would start crying in her room, I had that same reaction. Good the baby's crying like I kept it's like just instinctual in your brain. I guess you were good that you didn't just take over. I did not have anything to do with that baby. I had to plug the baby in twice. She's like, can you at least plug the baby in for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't worried that.
Speaker 3: Our daughter kept calling it it it Yeah, And.
Speaker 4: When it was start crying, she'd y'ell know, it's like, ps, that does not work.
Speaker 2: I tried that with you.
Speaker 1: I wonder if she had that feeling going to sleep, like, oh, the baby's going to cry tonight.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I'm gonna get woken.
Speaker 4: Up yesterday morning, I of course got it before she did. And I walk into her room. The baby's in the carrier right next to her bed, and I walk over.
Speaker 2: And I say something too, and she's like, don't don't touch the baby, don't knock it. I think, like, don't wake up the baby. I was like, oh, it's so real. Yeah, it is so real for her right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she could not wait for the baby to shut her down.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I feel like, tell her, you know, that's how we feel it right when you don't go to bed.
Speaker 4: That's why when she wouldn't go to bed as a baby, like I had a very scheduled routine for her, Like I kind of was like angered in a little bit, like this.
Speaker 2: Is not fair.
Speaker 4: It's time for you to be asleep now right. Yeah, that's how she felt. Well, bye bye baby, Bye bye baby. Don't come back, baby, stay with us more coming up. Hey, it's the Sandy Show. Sandy and Tricia on Austin's eighties station What oh three point one.
Speaker 3: Tricia says a bomb plot was boiled.
Speaker 2: Toiled.
Speaker 3: It's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Huh oh, this is a huge deal.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to it in just a second.
Speaker 1: In the story We Love by the way, fifteen percent of parents admit that one of their kid's grandparents dislikes the child's name. The names that grandparents hated the most might surprise you. Jack At Lindsey, Elijah and Aurora Aurora.
Speaker 4: I would hate it because I can't say it's it's like the girl version of Rory, and I can't say that in rural in rural slices, So police thorted a bomb attack planned for Lady Gaga's historic free concert that happened in Rio de Janeiro on Saturday. Two point one million people attended, and the local police were able to foil the plot because it was a group on social media trying to radicalize teenagers with hate speech uh and and encouraging them to bring molotov cocktails and homemade bombs to the concert and be in different locations around the venue and all throw their bombs at the same time.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yes, wow, Who's.
Speaker 2: Behind that they were recruiting?
Speaker 4: Well, they say that the people who were who were fruiting them identified themselves as members of Gaga's global fan base known as the Little Monsters. I don't know how this is somehow in support of her, but they were recruiting people and all miners to carry out coordinated attacks during the concert. Again, two point one million people were estimated to be there. It was a free concert to try and revitalize Rio de Janeiro's economy, bring people back to the city. Was going to bring in nearly like one hundred million dollars as an estimate.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I know wow.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, can you imagine how horrible it would have been had that happened?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, Maybe if you're gona do free concerts don't have one of the biggest performers in the world there they draw two million people.
Speaker 4: Well that's why it was drawing two million people, because she is one of the biggest I know.
Speaker 1: But I don't think having two million people in the same spot is a good idea for anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in this day and age, unfortunately that it's something definitely that would pop into my mind.
Speaker 1: By the way, you want to know what the world record for the largest concert free concert is what it happened in nineteen ninety four at the Coca Cabana, which I think that's where this was, right, That's where this was New Year's Eve, brought in a show by Rod Stewart, brought in three and a half million people.
Speaker 4: Gosh, wow, wow.
Speaker 1: They had thirty three hundred military people there, fifteen hundred police officers and four hundred firefighters for that.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Here's what I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: These are the times when you thank God for like cyber teams and people who are constantly behind the scenes working and keeping an eye on things. But then they don't ever get credit until something actually happens or in this case doesn't happen. But it was the Ministry's cyber Operations Lab who got a tip off from Rio State Police Intelligence who found digital cells with coded language and stream as symbolism.
Speaker 2: I mean, they were all up in it.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting because I read this book about how they caught Osama bin Laden and really they're just taking little, tiny pieces of evidence and stringing it all together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, you'd be good at that.
Speaker 2: Oh, at code breakers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And people who just notice.
Speaker 3: Stuff they're paying attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that just could have been horrible.
Speaker 3: That would have been bad. That is the story.
Speaker 1: We love Rise and Shine tomorrow with the JB and Sandy Hour from seven until eight o'clock. But if you're going to sleep in, no problem. Just search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app to listen later. Sustin's eighty station one o three point one Saturday evening.
Speaker 3: It was the fastest two minutes in sports.
Speaker 5: Close to those down to the last sixteenth of a mile, sob Runtias taking the lead journalism is second, for the good Son by Ass third, but it will be shut Runtin to roll the.
Speaker 3: Y Sovereignty wins the Kentucky Derby on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Such a good race.
Speaker 1: It was I love when those two when two horses lock up like that coming down the homestretch, and I mean, sovereignty just ran away from journalism at.
Speaker 2: The last minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I was like, oh my god, journalism might win. And we just were talking about how the favorite hasn't won since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But what I thought was funny is that it was raining.
Speaker 4: The track was wet, so every one of the horses were the exact same color when they finally crossed the line because they were all covered in mud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because often times you just used the color of the jockey silks to row who's who. But boy, has TV coverage gotten so much better on the Kentucky Derby. It used to be that one long shot that you got from the finish line shooting across the infield to see him running.
Speaker 3: Now they've got drones and they've got cables and they've.
Speaker 4: Got all that, and they've put their names on the banners with the air pointing at your horse in real time.
Speaker 1: And we did not watch it together, which breaks a tradition in our family. We've all always watched the Derby together. But Tricia was out with her friends. I was out doing something else and man. My friends were all over me starting Saturday morning. I probably had five or six different people texting me asking me who I was picking in the derby?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you pick anybody it?
Speaker 3: I just didn't sit down and read the form. I didn't study it at all. I didn't. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's fallen down on my list of priorities to study the horses, but I just didn't. I can't say I didn't have time, but I mean people were just like all over I just reponded to them all the same. I was like, I didn't study and any pick I would give you would be nothing more than a guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. One of my favorite Citizen Bowl. He was out in the front practically the whole time, and I was like, there's.
Speaker 2: No way he's going to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was all excited though.
Speaker 4: I was at a Mexican food restaurant with my girls watching it, and we stopped and we're looking. They didn't have the volume up, which it's hard to watch when you can't hear who they're yelling is out front right, and all the horses are the same color because of the track, But it's still so fun to watch.
Speaker 1: By the way. Your buddy Mike Tarico was under the weather.
Speaker 2: So he was there talking about it the day before, but.
Speaker 3: He got sick.
Speaker 1: I guess, Oh, I hope he's all right, and they had to cover for him, and they mentioned him at the end of the broadcast. They're like, Hey, I just want to wish Mike. Well, he's been under the weather. You were missed at the Kentucky Derby, but I need to talk to my sister. She went, yeah, she went to the rage, sent me some pictures and stuff, and I did like the video on social media of James Hatfield from Metallica. Yeah, meeting the horse with sand that's named Sandman's pretty That was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what a beautiful horse, gorgeous horse. That horse is amazing. Like I said, I followed the Kentucky Derby on Instagram and they were showing all of the horses and the race as they arrived all week. They should Metallica go and get a picture with Sandman. The coolest thing they did all week long is they put a camera on the jockey and they'd say, let's take a ride with Sandman today, and you have the view of what the jockey sees on the track.
Speaker 2: Riding the horse. Very cool, very cool.
Speaker 1: So now we've got two weeks off and I believe the Preakness is next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's right. It is pretty.
Speaker 1: Soonous and they haven't said I haven't seen it whether or not the winner from Saturday, and I already forgot the name Sovereignty. Sovereignty is going to run.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: The only reason Baza Beza was in was because Rodriga scratched.
Speaker 2: That's the only reason really got in. And it got third.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good for it. Always fun. There you go, Kentucky Derby. Hope you guys enjoyed it. This is the Sandy Show on Austin's ades station one O three point one, Rapid Fire Q and A coming up in just a second. I got three questions for Tricia. But before we get to that, for those of you like to bet on really random stuff, you can bet on who the next.
Speaker 3: Pope is going to be.
Speaker 1: Oh stop, and the odds on favorite right now is Cardinal Pietro Perlyn from Italy, odds ranging from plus one fifty to plus three point thirty meters. For the one fifty. If you bet one hundred bucks, you'd get paid back one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's like tainted money, cursed money.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He has been the Vatican Secretary of State since twenty thirteen. He's favored due to his extensive diplomatic experiences, close alignment with Pope Francis's moderate policies, and strong present within the Roman Curia, which I do not know what that is. So anyway, if you're betting on the Pope, bet on Pietro Perlyn. And I'm sorry if I got that last name incorrect, but I won't be placing a way.
Speaker 2: Sure, I will not be betting on that.
Speaker 1: I won't do that, all right, rapid fire, Q and A Tricia, How would you classify your handwriting?
Speaker 3: Is it print? Is it cursive?
Speaker 2: What is it? It's cursive?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Is it print? Or is it's cursive? It's cursive?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not print, Prince. When you write out the alphabetic letters, it.
Speaker 1: Looks like a combination of messy both.
Speaker 2: It is not.
Speaker 3: Trisia has the worst handwriting you've ever seen in your life. You have terrible, terrible Tristia. Of all the royal family, who is your least favorite? And why?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: That's weird of like the big ones.
Speaker 4: So Andrew, Charles's brother, Andrew, the guy who was all the prince that was tied up in the Epstein case, and he.
Speaker 2: Can no longer.
Speaker 4: He like just mooches off of the taxpayers in the monarchy. He lives in this huge estate that Charles has been trying to kick him out of because it's funded by taxpayers and it's expensive for the upkeep, and he does nothing to contribute to it, and he won't leave.
Speaker 3: He's a squad.
Speaker 4: He's a squatter and he's just gross gross.
Speaker 3: So even Harry like.
Speaker 2: So, Harry's intriguing.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I like, I'm just saying I'm interested in Harry because of all the ridiculousness that he just did another interview slamming his family and making it sound like he has just they're just not talking to me.
Speaker 1: Eighty percent of the British public view Prince Andrew negatively.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right there with him. So boy, you really know your royals, don't you?
Speaker 2: I know, I do.
Speaker 4: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Finally, Tricia, if you had to perform in a talent show, what would you do?
Speaker 4: I have talked about this a couple of times because our daughter, who's fifteen, she's over her school career, been in talent shows, and she's asked me, Mom, what would you do in a talent show? The only thing it's so sad and it's so boring. But my talent, Sandy, would be organization. But you can't do that in the time.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: I'd have to set up like a super messy room and be able to like tidy it up like in a ridiculously short period of time.
Speaker 2: That's my talent. What else am I going to do? I can't dance, that's really a skill. I could choose stuff with somebody I could do that.
Speaker 4: I can't freestyle dance, I can't sing, I can't do flips.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't know any magic.
Speaker 3: Did you watch Benson Boone Saturday night on Yes.
Speaker 4: And did you see how he started off this performance with the backflip. Like a girl's standing there introducing him and he's standing up on something I think piano behind her, and she says, and here's tonight Benson Boone and he flips and then sings a song and I was like, you gotta let the flip go. Benson chooing thing. You gotta let.
Speaker 2: The flip go. But the song is saying I love that.
Speaker 3: I mean, that would be like having prints not wear purple.
Speaker 4: You can't do that, No, because Prince was able to change up the purple and it was something different and new. It's purple, but it was in different unique ways. This is just a plain old basic B backflip. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: All right? Stay with us.
Speaker 1: More coming up on Austin Eighties station one O three point one