Speaker 1: Good evening.
Speaker 2: The makers of the New Rinso bring you the Amos and Andy Show with their guest tonight, mister Robert Benchley. Just before amoson Andy get going here, I have something that comes under the heading of things you never hear around the house.
Speaker 3: Hey, Mom, can I help the dishes please? Hammer you promise you'd let.
Speaker 1: Me do them?
Speaker 2: Well, you and I know that's just a pipe dream, except, of course, around this time of the year for a special reason that's eight days off. But usually you can't exactly depend on Junior to help. And that's my cue to tell you about the new Soaphy Rich Rinso.
Speaker 3: Now hang on.
Speaker 2: I don't promise that the kids will love washing dishes with Rinso, but I do promise that you'll find the job a whole lot easier. In short, get plenty of help from Rinso. You see new Rinso's peppy SuDS, really chased grease and crusted food particles like magic. Your dishes will sparkle, ponts and pans, gleam silverware, glassware. They'll all be clean as a whistle in a jiffy. Did I say whistle? Well, I'll bet that's what you'll do when you use rinso you'll whistle while you wash. Try rinso and see. And now to a miss and Andy and their guest Robert Benchley. The Kingfish is apparently confronted with a domestic problem because with his friend Andy, he has gone to call on that eminent authority on domestic relations and the author of that well known book Harmony in Marriage, Robert Benchley. The boys are at mister Benchley's office now to discuss the Kingfish's problem.
Speaker 3: Well, I sidly be glad to help you if I can. Yeah, you see, my friends here, the Kingfish kind of got itself in a jam with his wife, and we count on you to un jam him.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you see our figure that you was the expert on this stuff on account of the books you'd unwritten, and maybe you could help me.
Speaker 3: Yes, you understand, of course that marital problems are nothing unusual, that they must be dealt with in the abstract.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's the only way to deal with them all rage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, you see, marriage is a lot different than living life as an individual. In marriage, we have two great forces, isn't that right?
Speaker 4: Well, Marks, Miss Benger's just one great fools and one guy getting pushed around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's right about that, mister Benchley. When I goes up there to his house, it always remind me of a butterfly fighting a p.
Speaker 1: Thirty eight, and I had a butterfly.
Speaker 3: Well, that certainly isn't right. But as I said before, to analyze marriage properly, we must look upon it in the abstract. I like to picture marriage has a beautiful streams. That is, two small brooks, each flowing its own way, calmly, serenely.
Speaker 1: Suddenly they meet, they joined, They.
Speaker 3: Flowed as one through woodland, gaze of happiness, peace and contentment. Kingfish, When is we gonna take our vacation.
Speaker 1: Quiet and be quiet? There? Again?
Speaker 4: You think we're abstract here gormous avenger, don't pay no tention to him.
Speaker 3: Well, of course you don't understand that I'm just using all of this is the figure of speech. Actually, there is no woodland glade, there is no valley, there is no stream. No, we went a long way without getting no place. I see the Perhaps we'd better approach this matter in the concrete. Tell me this has your marital trouble been of long standing?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know about her, but I've been standing as long as a kN I.
Speaker 1: Can't, Kingfish.
Speaker 3: Why don't you tell me the whole story?
Speaker 4: Yes, I guess that's the best way.
Speaker 3: I'll give me all the details, everything that led up to the trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the world, The.
Speaker 4: Whole things started when I decided to go into business. I come to see Andy in his office one day. Imus was there too, and I said to.
Speaker 1: Him, come in, Kingfish. Yeah, how is the Kingfish?
Speaker 4: Hello there, boys, say Andy? Is you doing anything in particular today?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, I ain't. Uh you want to go into business?
Speaker 3: Well, if the proposition is tractive enough, I might reserve oh as tractive.
Speaker 1: All right. It's the laundry business, you see.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 4: On account of the shortage of man Paul and Woman Paul and their elther kind of power, the laundry is having a little trouble keeping up their production. Yeah, I guess they is doing the best they can.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I was talking to that fellow that down the street that runs the Bonton launderer.
Speaker 1: And what do you want to do is to farm out some of the work.
Speaker 4: In other words, he'd like to turn over some of the.
Speaker 1: Laundry work to us.
Speaker 4: Now we could wash it, nine on it and return it to him. We would be what you would call a subsidiary.
Speaker 1: Of the main thing.
Speaker 3: Uh somebwhat subsidiary? Yeah well that sounds good alright, but uh, we ain't gonna do no washing ironing as well.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, we get Lightning to do it.
Speaker 1: You'll see what we do.
Speaker 4: We make him our own personal subsidiary. Yeah, well, supposed Lightning doing do it, or then he can get somebody else to do it. That way, the real work and be done by a subsidiary of a subsidiary of the subsidiary.
Speaker 1: See, oh this is big business alright.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I know Lightning got a washing machine over there, if that's what you're counting on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we figured on using that already. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I run along, fellow, okays, say, by.
Speaker 1: The way or on the way.
Speaker 4: Home with you, mind stopping in at Lightning's house and tell him to wait there and get his washing machine ready.
Speaker 1: We coming over to see him, all right, I'll do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hold on, Yeah, that's gonna be a great business, all right, Kingfish, say, is it all right if I kind of mentions it to my gal that I gonna be a subsidiary?
Speaker 4: Oh no, and you can't say nothing about it yet. You see, the first bundle that gives us is gonna be sort of a sample bundle to see how we do is with it. The laundry is careful about clothes. Yeah, they won't make sure that we turns out a good job before they.
Speaker 1: Closes the deal, or we might. We gotta make good huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, listen, this is a pretty safe thing to put my money in it. Or this is a safe and sound and yeah, well that's good because I'd hate to wind up losing my shirt in my own laundry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, turn it off, let it turn it off.
Speaker 3: That machine ain't working right, I answer, Yeah, something's wrong with it. It's splashing all over your lightning.
Speaker 1: Now, this job of being a subcity. Very sure you get your wet doing it? Uh, tell you what the do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Scoop a couple of scoops of water out there, lightening, and we'll try it again. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, by the way, lightning, we don't want you to say nothing to nobody about us being in the laundry business yet. You see, this is a sample bundle we got here, and we gotta see how it come out for us.
Speaker 1: Now, you sure you understand now.
Speaker 4: Lightning, I tell me what if you gonna say if somebody asked you what youre doing, I'm just gonna play them all Right, that's enough water, I'll turn it on.
Speaker 3: Now we'll try it again. I will just put this lady shirtwaist in there and see how it'll work.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, put them there. You will.
Speaker 4: Get the rip to pieces. Turn it off, like pull the switch, stop the thing. Stop the thing, light and quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I look at that, Lightning.
Speaker 1: You is responsible. Get the shirtwaist out there, Lightning.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Here the little piece of sleeve I got here?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Did you say piece?
Speaker 3: That's all I want to know in case anybody is looking for subsidiary Brown telling me done?
Speaker 1: Left town. So you see, mos Benzer.
Speaker 4: When we finally got all the pieces of that shirt wars out of the machine, it looked like a big.
Speaker 1: Jigsaw pu his sure did well.
Speaker 3: Now, look, gentlemen, I can see very well why you might be worried about.
Speaker 1: The shirt waist.
Speaker 3: In fact, you got me worried about it myself. And I hardly know you, but after all, you came to me on the problem of domestic felicity, which is my line. Now I have a colleague down the street. As a matter of fact, he's right here in the same building on the ninth floor, room nine oh seven, and he has made a study of shirt waists problem.
Speaker 4: Well, well, you ain't hearing us out yet, doing, mister.
Speaker 1: Benzon, I'm sure I haven't.
Speaker 3: But just what exactly has all this to do with your marital problem?
Speaker 4: Or we get into that. You see, we didn't want the laundry to know that we've done.
Speaker 1: Such a bad job. So what did you do?
Speaker 4: Well, we pieced the pieces of the shirt waist together the best we could so we could tell what size it was, and then we went down to the latest shirtways department at the Globe Department store.
Speaker 1: To get another one.
Speaker 3: We want something in a nice shirtwais, miss, Well, we had a very pretty one. Did you have anything particular in mind?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we see it.
Speaker 4: One that's got Well, it is a lot like the one we wants to get that we could know.
Speaker 3: Well, what is it like? Well, as I remember that there was some junk on the collar, and then there was some stuff down the front, and then there was some more junk on the cuffs, and then there was some stuff on the sleeves.
Speaker 1: Is you got one like that. Well, tell me, was it ruffled down the front? Well, it was when we got through with it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, show your blouse here. Yeah, this is our most popular model.
Speaker 3: Was it anything like this?
Speaker 1: Hey look Andy, there'll just goat legged in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd look exactly like it. Yeah, we'll take one of them. Miss, all right, what size?
Speaker 4: Well, no, that's where we got a snag. We don't know exactly what the size is.
Speaker 2: Well is she large or small?
Speaker 4: Well, it's nearly as we can figure it out. She and the horse class. On the other hands, she exactly nose Shetland ponies.
Speaker 7: Well, from what you say, I would judge that she would take about a thirty two.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, wait a minute, that can be right. Look how big eye is and all I take is a sixteenth. Well, the size has been different for women. Now let me show you a thirty two.
Speaker 1: This new help is a messing. Yeah, now this is a thirty two. Mmm, do look already to me. We'll take this one. Miss.
Speaker 3: Why shall I send it out.
Speaker 2: To your home?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'll take it right along with me.
Speaker 4: Don't send it to my home. No, No, you see this in for my wife. This is with some other woman.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, hello, Sarah. I didn't see you standing there.
Speaker 7: Hello Kingfish, Hello Andy, Oh hi, sir, don't mind me. I just happened to be in the store browsing around. I tell you I saw it with my own eyes.
Speaker 3: Tell miss Sarah eyes.
Speaker 7: All in well. When I was in the Globe Department store today, I seen George Kingfish Stephens buying.
Speaker 1: A blouse, and I heard him tell the sales girl.
Speaker 7: That it was not for his wife, but another woman.
Speaker 3: Jess Amic here to day the vampot.
Speaker 1: I did you want your hair done too? I'll take the whole private special feet.
Speaker 7: A married woman can't take no chances these days. What you mean, why ain't you heard George Kingfish Stephens is chasing.
Speaker 3: A size thirty two women.
Speaker 7: That's the way it always seems to go. Sapphire, the white is the last one to know, Sarah. If you know anything, is your duty to tell me. What are they saying about Kingfish and me? I'll tell you, Sapphire, but remember you dragged it out of me. I seen your husband buy a shirt Baise in the Globe Department store, and he told the clerk it was not for his wife, but for another woman. You heard him, say that with my own ears away you go in.
Speaker 3: Sapphire haul to pat.
Speaker 2: I've leven that.
Speaker 7: Woman chasing this very day.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a fine jam for the kingfish to be in, we'll say if he can get out of it in the moment.
Speaker 1: But first a question for the ladies.
Speaker 2: Could you use some extra meat points?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, now, wait a minute, wait a minute, don't all speak up at once. Uh, here's how to get those points. You know, the fat you skim from soups, and the meat drippings and scrapings from your roaster.
Speaker 3: Oh, a nuisance to wash, and the cooking.
Speaker 2: Fats too dark or rancid for further use.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Well, save those fats in a tin container, and when you have a canful, take it to your meat dealer or butcher. He'll pay you four cents for each pound and give you two meat points.
Speaker 1: Besides, he's authorized to do this by the government.
Speaker 7: Say that's swell, But just what do they do with those used fats and greases anyway.
Speaker 2: Lady, They turn them into ammunition and explosives quick And those precious fats help to make those miracles sulfur drugs that have saved thousands of lives in this war.
Speaker 1: The humble task of saving.
Speaker 2: Them is one of the most important jobs you can do, and the need for this help you can give is so urgent that the used fats you turn in today will be in the factory within three weeks. Save those fats in any clean tin can and turn them in as soon as the tin is filled. Remember cash and two meat points from.
Speaker 1: Your dealer for each pound you turn in.
Speaker 2: Well, the Kingfisher's wife has moved out right now we find him and and they again consulting that master of marital problems, mister Robert Benchley.
Speaker 4: So you see, most burns of my wife done left me. I didn't know where she went or where to get in touch with her.
Speaker 3: Well, she certainly should have given you an opportunity to explain everything.
Speaker 1: Well, she is like that, she flies off the handle.
Speaker 3: Will and dealing with a marital problem such as this, the important thing is to know the type of woman you're dealing with. Yeah, as you probably know, there are several different types of women who went her into matrimony. For instance, there's the who wants to be an old maid. Or he may not be so hot, but I just want to be too choosy. Look what mother wound up with types. This is not really a marriage, but they're bringing together of two rational books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see what you mean.
Speaker 3: And of course there's the jealous type, popularly known as the whatter. She got that I haven't got and where, and I get ahold of it after she's through with it.
Speaker 8: This is the sort of.
Speaker 1: Woman who marries a man for what he is rich. Yeah, I know the type you mean, but what I want to tell you.
Speaker 3: And then of course there's the with my closing figure how can he resist me?
Speaker 1: Or type.
Speaker 3: In the usual marriage, her husband is taken for better or worse. This girl doesn't care what she takes him for as long as she takes it.
Speaker 4: Well, all else, good stuff, miss Bencher boy.
Speaker 1: What we know is what type my wife is. You see, she is the pack up and move out type.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a lot more to the story that I got to tell you yet. Oh well, of course, now go on with your story.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I finally found out that my wife was staying with a friend, so I went up there to see her and tell her the whole thing that happened. Because we went to the laundry business. I wanted to know that, and I was just getting the new shirt wears.
Speaker 1: At the store for the one I ripped in the water. Listen to me, honey, and let me explain the thing to.
Speaker 7: You, Jorge Stevens, I ain't interested, and nothing you got to say where is through?
Speaker 4: Oh honey, I ain't never looked at another woman. Believe my honey, you was the light of my life. You was the sunshine of my life.
Speaker 1: Not no mind, this is the eglist. Oh honey, you can do this too.
Speaker 3: So I can't.
Speaker 7: Well for your information, I ain't gonna have this.
Speaker 4: Marriage enough after seventeen years.
Speaker 1: Look, honey, they don't know them after that long a time.
Speaker 4: You getting into the street Supreme court stuff there you just wait and see.
Speaker 7: I ain't only knowing it, I'm boying it too. I ain't gonna live with no hustling child's here affections on some other woman.
Speaker 4: I keep telling you, honey, that ain't no other woman or sweetheart.
Speaker 1: Think what you're doing here. Don't break up a half At home.
Speaker 4: We was getting along like two little love birds and our little love nest just building.
Speaker 3: And cooin what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: We ain't done no coinn in ten years.
Speaker 4: Oh look honey, Look, your got a limit explaining to you what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna tell you anyway.
Speaker 4: Look here, honey, me and and ha Done went to the laundry business and went into business. You see, a big laundry was forming out that overflowed us.
Speaker 1: The whole thing was kind of a secret.
Speaker 4: They give us a sample bundle and we tried it out in Lightning's washing machines at Lightning's house there, and it was just our luck to rip with shirtwaiars. So all I was doing at the department store was buying a new shirtwaars hunted to replace it.
Speaker 1: Now that's the whole story.
Speaker 7: And I suppose you expect me to believe that I tell me this.
Speaker 1: Why don't you believe me? Why does you believe this gossip mong girls? When you don't believe me.
Speaker 2: I just do that's all, honey.
Speaker 1: Look here, is you ever knowed.
Speaker 3: Me to lie to you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing it? Or don't answer that real here?
Speaker 8: What I mean is, just is you ever knowed me to go out with another woman?
Speaker 7: Well, you know there's the first time to everything.
Speaker 4: No, please believe my, honey, I tell you the launder story is true.
Speaker 8: I don't even know the woman I bought the shirt wears for.
Speaker 7: Well, I'd like to believe you, George, but this is the kind of thing I got to think out by myself. Why don't you come back tonight.
Speaker 8: And I'll let you know.
Speaker 5: Oh care, honey, if you want to see me most Kingfish?
Speaker 7: Yes, like, And I want to ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll ask everything I can.
Speaker 7: Well, then tell me this was the kingfish you and Andy in the lunger business together.
Speaker 1: No, he wasn't in no longer.
Speaker 7: Do you mean you didn't wash no locker in your washing machine and ripper shirtwas no nothing.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: That's all I want to know. Thank you, like and goodbye.
Speaker 5: I shore again keep a secret.
Speaker 4: Good So you see most eventually there and she doesn't walk out? Uh and uh talk to light and uh I was.
Speaker 1: Right back into ash can again.
Speaker 3: Well, we was bearing mind kingfish to the marriage. All things are relative.
Speaker 4: There was mixed up in it there too, somewhere.
Speaker 1: Uh. Uh mostly the thing I want to do.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Now go ahead with your story.
Speaker 1: Well, I decided that.
Speaker 4: The only way I could get back in the good business with my way ensure that I had my feets on the ground and that I was on the level.
Speaker 8: Was to get me a regular job and go to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the kingfish will willing to make the supreme sacrifice. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what me and and done was we took the sample bundle back to the laundry and we told the man.
Speaker 3: Even we've been expecting you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, now here's the sample bundle, mister Oaklay, that you give us.
Speaker 1: And I just want to tell you that we is resigning from the whole mess.
Speaker 6: Why.
Speaker 4: What's the matter, Well, there's just that for I don't know, for certain reasons that I gotta get myself a steadic job that's gonna make.
Speaker 1: My wife happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna resign a subsidiary. I'm sorry to hear this. This work you've done here looks very good. As a matter of fact, that shirtwaist looks almost new. Well, uh, telling the truth, mother Oaklay, it is new.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: You see in our first try at Washington, Uh, we tore up the shirtwaives that was in the laundry that you sent us. You see, So then we had to go out to a store and buy us new one.
Speaker 8: At the glove departments here that's that's certainly fair.
Speaker 3: I think it was satisfactory. Well, I'm sorry you boys aren't continuing, but.
Speaker 8: You know what you want to do.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you and goodbye, good.
Speaker 1: Bye, goodbye, goodbye.
Speaker 2: You know, and this whole thing that's happened between me and my wife Shoe makes a fellow stop and think when my way was with me, Who's I.
Speaker 1: Loved and all that?
Speaker 4: But I didn't realize till she left me just how much I would really miss it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you mean.
Speaker 3: Same way with me in money. When I got money, I don't miss it. And when I ain't got money, why I misses it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Hous that again?
Speaker 3: Well, I say, that's the same way with you and your wife like it is with me in money.
Speaker 1: What way is that?
Speaker 3: Well, I was just trying to say what you were saying, only putting another way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you don't have to say what I say another way. Who you think you in Shakespeare?
Speaker 4: Nor when I say something one way that's the way I'd like to say it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say it that way in the first place. I say it the other way. If I needed somebody else to tell me how to say it, I say it that way the first time. What did you gotta say for yourself? Man? Oh, I as a dirty dog. You know something?
Speaker 3: You you is show getting jump at Kingfish?
Speaker 1: Yeah, certainly not jumping.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess I was getting a little jumping and I saw it. It's just because I was so upset on account of my way.
Speaker 3: So you got yourself a job a Kingfish.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, most bengerin that exactly would have done.
Speaker 8: You see.
Speaker 4: And I gonna tell you something else about that job is a tough one. I've been sleeving twelve hours a day and working my fingers to the boone.
Speaker 3: Yes, so he show is and he ain't got no ubsidiary in neither key doing all the work yourself. And did this help to get you back in the good graces of your wife?
Speaker 4: It didn't make no imprint on at all. She was still convinced that there was another woman in the picture.
Speaker 3: And I, well, Kingfish, what has happened only runs through the form the course of married life, having as many ups and downs as you can see by this graft that I have here on the wall. Let's come over here and let's examine this chart. Now, this line indicated here in ink represents married life. No, it starts off here and reaches a remarkable peak within the first two weeks. This is the period during which the young husband and wife are eating in restaurants. The sharp decline which follows this comes with the beginning of home cooking and the cycle.
Speaker 1: Of the faulty gas range.
Speaker 3: At least the gas range takes the blame, as it can't talk back. Yes, this, however, is only a temporary slump, and we go along quite smoothly for some time, with only in a.
Speaker 1: Cave little drops here at what is.
Speaker 3: Known in economic circles as the session over the fur coat, or here where business conditions make it necessary for the husband to work late at the office all of a sudden. But now in the course of this line we notice a precipitous drop which maintains this low level for a short time, looks like about two weeks here, and the line rises again spectacularly. The husband's mother has gone home. Now here, let me see, I don't don't quite understand this complete break in the line. Either the husband and wife have separated, or my secretary forgot to fill my fountain pen, which well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is all interesting stuff. Miss Avenger but I still don't.
Speaker 1: See how it applies to my kids.
Speaker 3: Well, perhaps i'd better hear the rest of your story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, like I said before, getting a stead of job, didn't cutting.
Speaker 1: A wife with my wife? And well, of course I don't.
Speaker 4: Found out through the grapevine that she was getting ready to leave town and go back to her relatives in Georgia.
Speaker 1: So I went up to see her. The beggar once more, not to leave. Please don't go away.
Speaker 8: I love you, honey, yet out of my way.
Speaker 7: I'm packing here and I'm leaving on the afternoon train.
Speaker 4: Oh but honey, look here, I've gotten me a regular job.
Speaker 1: And believe me that I ain't no other woman in my life.
Speaker 7: You never proved that to me from now.
Speaker 1: Uh, you better answer that door, hunty, you're.
Speaker 7: Answered, I don't live here no more.
Speaker 3: I have a package for oh missus Stevens.
Speaker 5: Here's your bundle.
Speaker 7: Oh thanks, I was waiting for that.
Speaker 3: I'm packing down and the boss told me to tell you that we were sure to help, and we had some of the stuff done on the outside. The follows that did your stuff ripple shad waste. But they went over and bought this new one at the gloves depoppment store for you.
Speaker 1: You mean, wait a minue, Wait a minue. Let me look at that shirt wears. Yeah, let me see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's the one that I bought.
Speaker 1: Honey, that said, well, miss Stevens, is.
Speaker 7: The satisfactory, very satisfact. Okay, George, Yes, honey, I can't tell you how bad I feel for not believing it.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's all right, Let's forget the whole thing and never talk about it again.
Speaker 7: Oh, Jorge, this makes married life perfect. We're back together again and you've got a steady job and everything is wonderful.
Speaker 8: What happened after that?
Speaker 3: Kingfish? Well ahead, Dylan, Uh, that's all. Uh, we us back together again. Well are you fighting?
Speaker 1: Oh no, sir.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're back together again and you're not fighting, why in the world do you come to a man like me for advice?
Speaker 4: Well, that job that I took when I tried to quit, the man said, no, I was cruised to it. Now, what I want to know from you is how can I unfreeze myself from the job.
Speaker 2: When you see a fellow walking down the street whistling cheerfully, you can just bet on it. He's feeling pretty good and when you hear a woman whistling, especially if she whistles while she's washing clothes, you can make the same bet she's feeling pretty good. And you can also bet that she's using our new soapy rich Rinso. That's why she feels so swell. She can see herself that new Rinso gets out more dirt without making.
Speaker 1: Her work so hard.
Speaker 2: And chances are here's the little tune she's either whistling or singing.
Speaker 3: Rinso White, Rinzo White, Happy, little washy song. Rinzo.
Speaker 2: Be sure to listen again next week at the same time for the Amus's Andy Christmas Show, when the boys' guests will be the Paul Taylor Carus who join in Amos and Andy's special Christmas presentation.
Speaker 1: We guarantee you'll enjoy it.
Speaker 2: This show, as always, will be broadcast to our armed forces everywhere. Our thanks to Robert Benchley for joining us tonight. Mister Benchley is currently finishing the picture National Barn Dance at Paramount Studios. This is Harlow Wilcox speaking for all of us and folks. Here's a date to remember. It's Wednesday, December twenty second. That's the day when once again you can hear one of radio's proudest moments, that traditional Yule Tide treat Lionel Barrymore in his best loved role of Old Scrooge in Charles Dickens's Immortal Story at Christmas Carol.
Speaker 1: It will be.
Speaker 2: Broadcast on Wednesday, December twenty second, so get the whole family to listen. See your local paper for time and station. Don't miss Charles Dickens Christmas Carol starring Lionel Barrymore, the only time this Christmas classic will be broadcast