Speaker 1: All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. All day long. We're gonna be talking about Luka Doncic. It is one of the craziest, certainly the craziest sports story in our little old metroplex, maybe the nation in a long long time. But it's more than that. And of course we're the home of Dallas Mavericks basketball, and so we are going to be talking about it all day long here on the show. You know what, right now, it's time for.
Speaker 2: This juicing your news. Hot gods lived to become stay on top in the boots shovel. We told you we were going to get off Luca for a minute. But the Grammys were last night and Trevor Noah was your host. But during the second or third break, he did not bring it out of the break. Comedian Jim Gaffigan, welcome back.
Speaker 3: During the break, I don't know how to say this, Trevor, and Noah was traded to the Dallas Mavericks. So I know this is a shock, but I am now your host.
Speaker 2: Tepit. Applause from the crowd. Few people got it. The sports people there but you know, let's be honest, the Grammys, it's really just a bunch of theater kids who got into music. Hold on, I want to say something right quick.
Speaker 1: So because I do have a few friends that are out there in LA and man, they all have a story similar to Christina's. If you were listening at the Top show, Christina was doing a set when the news came down, and they all have a story where like they're in a bar and people are freaking out and screaming, and so we're experiencing it on the we lost lucaside. Man, they want a lottery ticket in the middle of their Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Think about how we reacted when we got porzingis Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, we lost our minds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for them, they're like, oh, man, all right, Lebron's forty. When this is over, what do we have We're gonna hit right? Oh what we get the best player in the league.
Speaker 1: Who wait till all those hot pieces of ass in La see what Maxie looks like?
Speaker 4: Smoke show dude. Yeah, he's gonna be on a heatero winning streak. Yeah, uh, unless he's married. Unless he's married, and at which point he'll be raising money for some great causes.
Speaker 5: Is married.
Speaker 2: I don't think he is, but man, he's he's so sweet. Yeah he looks like giant Jake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's had some real tasty arm candy in the past.
Speaker 2: Some of this mathfunctions too. I can't believe they're having a funeral for Maxi yesterday. More on that later in the show. So you're there's a lot of big stories, but I would say, let's start with the big award. The big award is Album of the Year, and last year at the Grammys, I thought it was very interesting. Jay Z wins a big award like a Lifetime as a Light Award, but he kind of makes the speech about how Beyonce had not won Album of the Year before, So I was like, Okay, I wonder if that'll put pressure on the thirteen thousand voters.
Speaker 1: And also keep in mind that Beyonce had won more Grammys than any person in the history of the world, yet she had never won album mostly.
Speaker 2: Never one album of the Year because that Beck album won one year, which won no it is the one where he went pop. So your Album of the Year was kind of crazy. It had andre three thousands flute record. Oh my god, Beyonce's Cowboy Carter. You had Sabrina Carpenter, Charlie XCX, you had Billie Eilish, you know your usual suspects, Taylor Swift, Silver Skylark, Chapel Roone, Silver Skylark's didn't get in there this year. Next year, yep, and Beyonce won for Cowboy Carter. So she is finally one album of the year. She win Country Album of the Year. She also won Country Album of the Year and acted like she was surprised, which I was like, come on, they had Taylor Swift presenting it. They were not gonna have Taylor give the award to Let's see Chris Stapleton or Laney Wilson. You know there's real though, because country album your nominees are Casey bus Graves. Well, she's she's pop. She kind of crossed over. She's pop in country. The songs I heard album did not sound country to me. I would agree, uh post Malone and then yeah, So Beyonce on that Record of the Year, Recording of the Year goes to Kendrick Lamar. Let's not like us. Let's go very good opportunity for the crowd to sing out the pedophile line very good. They did.
Speaker 4: What has happened with that? Okay? So they he has a rapper beef with Drake. They go at each other and make all these songs. Then Ken Kendrick Lamar's go and win all the awards, and now it's is it just over?
Speaker 2: I I don't know.
Speaker 1: I need to one with a lot of knowledge to sit me down and explain the Drake lawsuit to me. Okay, there's anybody following that against Kendrick, no against the record labels, and I don't understand the details. And I've only heard like conspiracy rappers that do podcast talk about it and brief clips on the internet.
Speaker 2: So I'm way uninformed. Drake has gone into the shadows since all this happened. I mean, when Not like Us happened, like we're we're beefing back and forth, we're all fire and shots. Then not like Us happened, and it's like there is nothing I can do. I must hide. I think this ends, is that the beef ends on Sunday night when Kendrick Lamar is the halftime show, and I'm very interested to see if the NFL because it happens and everyone at the stadium is going to sing it, they're gonna know what to do.
Speaker 1: What if Drake joins Kendrick on stage to squash the beef, then Kendrick is soft.
Speaker 5: I'm wondering if t Swift is going to join him? Don't don't they have a song together they had?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've already announced that Sizza is gonna be ye winning him. What about her sister? I don't think so. I thought that was a good No, it was her sister. I think you're being a little Delulu right now, the Lululemon. So there's your night.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, are you about to cover who won an Alternative Album of the Year and all that?
Speaker 2: Because she's a Yeah, because we're on the damn Eagle. Let's do Let's talk about the rock stuff. Yeah, bitch. First of all, rock album of the Year goes to the Rolling Stones. What these guys were combined, about two hundred and seventy years old combined, and they win. And I'll tell you why, because Hackney Diamonds is better than the other five albums that were nominated for Album of the Year. For Rock Album of the Year.
Speaker 1: No, I'll tell you why because the Sweeny was No, It's because Sidney Sweeney was in the video Jugged Up.
Speaker 2: That's why they won Best Dude.
Speaker 5: Okay, Green Day was nominated too in that category.
Speaker 4: You say it's a great album. Did she take home the Best Jugs Award for that too?
Speaker 2: We didn't see her last night, but I have get salted old me? Is that Allly singing? The only one that I would have said? Yeah that, don't get angry, don't get angry, may leave the stones alone. Dude, just trying to do stuff. I guess the Jack White record should have maybe, thank you, that's what it was. Best record he's put out in a decade. I'm wearing a shirt today. Was he nominated? Yes? In your in Your Face Kate. Best Rock Performance goes to the Ai Beatles song Now and then Affect John Lennon. So the Grammy's currently doing bits right. Well, they're just they.
Speaker 4: Have a bunch of old people on the panel that are about to age out. Yeah, maybe that's it. Seen this many times before.
Speaker 2: Best Rock Song goes to Saint Vincent from Dallas Flee for Broken Man. Oh okay, dude, she's badass.
Speaker 5: He won something for fleet.
Speaker 2: Best All Music Performance Flee Saint Vincent, She's dope. Best Alt music album Saint Vincent.
Speaker 1: That's great, man, I'm proud of her. I mean, I think she grew up in the Lake Islands area.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she knows Mosley. He grew up and walks the hatch here or something. So let me ask you this question. Rock take no.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to shout out Saint Vincent.
Speaker 2: Yes no and she. I mean she got to play with Nirvana the other day. Get ready go on tour in about a month or so, all right before, how many chau fans just say yes or no? Best new artist? How many of these? Have you heard of?
Speaker 4: Benson Boone? Yeah, he's he sings that. He did the Flip last night, Right, we did the Flip. That song went viral last year. It was everywhere. And my favorite version is of this whole family planet with the little kid singing the chorus like a little girl.
Speaker 2: I think you have you seen it? I have not seen that. He's a wildcat singer.
Speaker 4: Stay yeah, yeah, And that song went I think it went viral more than any song last year.
Speaker 2: So did you notice I don't know what he's wearing. His dog was hanging out and he's wearing a rapper He's doing a flip and I was like, we get danger, dangerously close to seeing Minson.
Speaker 5: But my first time to see him though, was that the real quick speaking of dog hanging out, watched the SNL movie last night. That part was shocking.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that wow.
Speaker 4: I think I will He just introduced the member to the conversation out of nowhere, Chevy Milton Burrel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, will you watch it tonight so we can review it as a show tomorrow. Yeah, okay, you'll love it. Pretty committed.
Speaker 1: Sa carp A heard her were good, No, no, no, I don't I have I don't have to get caught up on anything this weekend.
Speaker 4: I was blown away, embarrassed that I recognized her song. I'd heard it, but I'd never seen her and didn't know much about her. Her performance blew me away. She the speech was awesome, took.
Speaker 1: Ray hold on, hold on, hold on. This is why the Grammy suck. I know it's Krungkmen on their eighth album, seventh thousand, So is Serena Carpenter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how are they artists?
Speaker 1: They're not this This is why the Grammys are stupid. Hey, our old people just got wint to this band. That's got I don't know four hundred million streams over the last decade. They played I swear to God this is true. They played Badu's birthday party before the pandemic. Before the pandemic, they played her birthday party. And they're a new band this year.
Speaker 2: All right, Chaboozy Teddy Swims, Chapel Run your winner for Best New Artist, Swims. I got his number in my phone. How crazy is that? He's dope? Text him last night. By the way, there's like I should have called him and then texted him. I thought you were on my side.
Speaker 1: I love the way his album sounds too. I think the production's excellent.
Speaker 2: Chapelone wins Best New Artist and gives a speech about how record labels need to pay developing artists. Yea a livable wage. And uh, I was like, she's not ever going to be invited back.
Speaker 4: Her performance was incredible seeing singer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there you go. Cool, Look alright, Grammy's happened? All right?
Speaker 4: Coming up next, Let's get back into the trade that rocked the world, the Luca Trade.
Speaker 2: Will discuss it next