Speaker 1: It's night's size, Dan Ray, I'm going crazy Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So it's a little after eleven o'clock. It's eleven oh eight, eleven oh seven, eleven oh eight, and two weeks from tonight at this hour, the polls will be closing in California on the West coast. So the race could be tight, or it could not be tied, of whatever. But it's conceivable that two weeks from right now we might know who the forty seventh President of the United States is. So we're doing sort of a state of the race two weeks out tonight. I'll remind you that on Friday night we will do our final night side snap pole at eleven o'clock. That's this Friday night, because it's the last Friday in October. I've done that in April May, actually March, March, April, May, June, July, August, September. This would be our eighth snap pole, and we'll have to see the last one. We had Trump with fourteen. Now again ours is a national audience, but it was Trump with fourteen, Harris with ten. So let's see what might happen in the last one. That's a Friday night at eleven o'clock. I will be off on Thursday night, but more White sitting in for me, and then I'll be back on Friday. That's the one night this month that I will be off for a personal reason. That is, you know, very very normal reason. No big deal. Let's go now to Dave and Danvers. Dave, I hope we're squared away here. Good evening. You're next on night side.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 4: Are you there?
Speaker 2: I'm here, Dave, Yes, I am. I hope you're there too.
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, Okay, I'm here.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 4: First and foremost, I just want to thank you and your show and what you do and how you talk about all these issues that go around us. The presidential election Massachusetts, in my eye, unless you're not Jesus Christ as a Republican, you're not going to get elected.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There there have been exceptions, Charlie Charlie Baker being the most recent. Scott Brown got elected to the Senate. So yeah, there there are some exceptions in there, but we are a pretty much a one party state. I would agree with you on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, as far as you know the issues in the country, all this and that my biggest thing, My theory is that the abortion issue with the reprobagance is huge because it would be a no win, No, they'd win. I just don't know what to say.
Speaker 5: I mean there, well, I.
Speaker 2: Think that I think that the abortion issue is an important issue to a lot of people and for them that is the despot positive issue of this campaign. There they will be, uh, they're gonna know for whom abortion is first and foremost, they will vote for Kamala Harris. There are other you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's it's the right of a woman. You know, you know what I'm saying. It's not what their choice is, what their choice is, but it's it's it's the right of a woman right.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying, irrespective of what your position on it is, I think people need to recognize that to people, whether it's men or women, for whom that issue is the most important issue, they are likely to vote for Kamala Harris. But there are other issues that that other people. I mean, I don't know who's going to win this election. I don't have I don't have a sense of it. I look at all of these polls and one day you look.
Speaker 4: At the well, you know, you know, Unfortunately, what I look at is world War three?
Speaker 2: You need some You're on family radio, so I'd ask you to just leave it, leave that that part of the conversation. So I'm going to tell you right now you're a Trump voter.
Speaker 4: I'm actually independent.
Speaker 2: You're an independent, but you're going to vote for Donald Trump. Did you vote for Trump at twenty twenty?
Speaker 4: I voted to Trump in twenty twenty, But do.
Speaker 2: You vote for Trump in twenty six did you vote for Trump at twenty sixteen?
Speaker 4: Both times?
Speaker 2: Okay? And you're going to vote from now because you just told me the most important issue to you is World War three. And that's an issue that Donald Trump runs on. He talks about that if he gets in there, he'll get putin to sit down and all of that, whether you believe it or not. If that's the issue that resonates with you, you're an independent. But have you decided who you're going to vote for? Or am I telling you who you're going to vote for?
Speaker 5: Well, you know something, Dan, I listened to you all the time.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I've actually the first time I've called man.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we'll give you a round them applause. It is a first time caller from our digital studio audience go ahead or a virtual studio ahead.
Speaker 4: You know, it's not about what's going on in our politics right now, it's what's going on in the world. Maybe Israel all Ad, I'm like, are you kidding me? Somebody we need to stand up and say, you know something, this cannot happen. We are not going on what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, world War three? World War three would be a down and there's no doubt about that.
Speaker 7: Dave.
Speaker 2: I don't think they'd be I don't think they'd be a final winner. If everybody.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna be. But it's you know some they just need to be, you know some.
Speaker 2: Okay you Nave, I'm gonna I'm gonna let you go because I'm up in my break. Thank you for your first time call. Look forward to your next call. Thanks so much for calling my friend. Talk to you soon. Good night. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three, one thirty. The state of the race. How do you feel at this point? I don't care who you support. I want to know how you feel.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Are you looking forward to be over? Are you? Are you going to be relieved? I have some feelings and one of my feelings is I hope it's a decisive race, meaning I hope it's not you know, forty nine point seven to forty nine point six. I hope it's decisive because I think we we need a decisive race. We I don't want us to see I don't want any of us Democrat or republic Republican to go through what this country went through in twenty twenty. And I just I just would like to see a clear winner, so everybody can get up the next day or two days later and say, Okay, my candidate won, my candidate lost. I'm satisfied with the result either way. Is that too much to ask? Six one seven, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three ten thirty. If you agree with me on that, I'd love to hear from you. If you disagree with me, tell me why. Back on Nights Out after.
Speaker 1: This now, back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nights Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: One of my listeners says, you're not talking enough politics. You gotta talk politics. Okay, I'm you know, we're not going to talk politics every night, every hour, but you're gonna get a little dose of it tonight. Let's go to DOT and Medford Dot. What do you think of the state of the race.
Speaker 8: Why, You've had a wonderful program as usual, And well, of course I'm with Telsey Gabbett, who is one of your favorite people, right, And.
Speaker 2: I've never had tell I think I had Telsea in the show once.
Speaker 8: Yes you did.
Speaker 2: I was impressed with her. Love to get her back, you know, I wish.
Speaker 9: Should come on again this week. We'll see when and when you take the poll on the thirty first, that's Halloween. That's my eighty ninth birthday.
Speaker 8: Wow, and let.
Speaker 9: Me tell you, I have a good omen about that.
Speaker 2: By the way, the poll will be taken won't be on the thirty first, it's on the last Friday, So it's going to be this Friday, which is the twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Oh well that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can participate. Everybody gets a hall pass on Friday night because even though you called early in the week, you can you can weigh in on your vote.
Speaker 9: Well, you know you don't. I don't need to tell you, but I'm with Telsea all the way. She's done a great job for the president, a great job. And I hope, I hope everything goes peacefully and he wins by at least twenty percent over the time.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think. I don't think we're going we're going to see a sixty forty.
Speaker 9: Vote, although well let's let's hope.
Speaker 5: Let's know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is I think that, however it can.
Speaker 9: Be, you've got to you've got to pass the word about the chance of heaven. The Democratic Vice president as president is the most absolutely obscene idea. I mean, why she ever picked him? He's a lunatic.
Speaker 2: Well, the theory is. The theory is that Harris was concerned that if she picked Shapiro, who happens to be Jewish and.
Speaker 9: Very very confident people, she could have picked.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, But what I'm saying is that that Pennsylvania would have been the smarter pick. But she was concerned that I think some of the squad members and some of the very progressives in the Democratic Party might have jumped ship or just stayed home, so that she might have picked up let's say, Pennsylvania with that, but she might have lost Michigan at least.
Speaker 9: That was the theory of that ticket head in the country. Is the scariest thought I could think of it is just awful. And let's hope the Trump Vince ticket goes in by at least twelve percent.
Speaker 2: Well, if you ever had that that no, no, no, if you had a twelve percent of fifty six to forty four percent, that would be what's on modern day landslide. Because all all of these elections going back, oh you know now a few decades have been very close. The only one that was really well, Ronald Reagan won very handily both in eighty and eighty four. He won very handily in eighty four. He only lost Minnesota in the district of Columbia.
Speaker 7: But look at the go look at the go vote.
Speaker 9: I mean that was that was very awful. A Supreme Court had to decide that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was five It was a difference of five hundred and twenty seven votes. Anyway, Dot Love you call Happy Birthday, But I'll talk to you on Friday, maybe right.
Speaker 8: Dear takes bad Brew.
Speaker 2: Has just lost a shout out tonight to the Nashville Predators for Zip last to go. Well, at least one of the one of the goals was an empty night. I think the man had a couple of empty netters, bruins off to a bit of a slow start and a little bit of I guess disagreement between the coach and the captain you read about in the papers tomorrow. Let me go into Warren and Fall River Warren, Welcome back to Night's side.
Speaker 5: How are you, sir, Hey, hey, Dan. Yeah, I absolutely hate polling. I absolutely think the polls. I think there should be no polling whatsoever, because it influences the vote. Is it totally influences how one one sees things and how how they're going to vote.
Speaker 3: And like on election night there should be a blackout because like just really you know, like if you're in California or if you're like in Hawaii something that by the time your polls closed, you basically already know who's winning.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true. And by the way, in nineteen eighty you may remember this, or you may be too young to remember this, but in nineteen eighty President Carter conceded very early in the night, he conceded about nine thirty of my memory.
Speaker 3: Sir, oh, yeah, because you know that was a landslide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but but, but but what happened was a lot of Democrats congressional candidates in California were very upset because what that meant was people who were going to vote Laide in California felt, what's the what's the use the president Carter has has conceded, and that might have cost the Democrats a couple of house races in California. And I think, I don't think it'll be an early night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think Carter tea night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I would I would just have it so did a blackout and then we don't find the results of the election until say Thursday.
Speaker 2: Lauren, I don't know that. I just got to tell you that I know that your your spirit is a positive and but that's never going to happen.
Speaker 5: That's I understand.
Speaker 2: But it's like, that's like saying that. They're like, that's like saying the seventh game of the World Series between let's say the Dodgers and Yankees go to the seventh game, that that because everybody can't watch the game at the same time, you know, some people work and all of that. That in fairness to sports fans, the game will be played and then the game will be will be replayed on television two days later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but just kind of I'm just I'm just saying, get rid of the influence, out of like how the polls that influence. Yeah, totally out of the game. It just how be how people actually think and actually vote according to the candidate and what they like and what they don't like about a candidate.
Speaker 2: And that's it, all right, Let's see if people react. Let's see if people react to that suggestion. I actually wrote a piece in the Boston Globe many years ago suggesting something similar. My concern was the early polls, meaning that let's say, on a on a Senate race or congressional race, that they were doing polls in February or March, and that they would be somebody who had, you know, enough money to get an early lead. It would then discourage other candidates from getting in. So I understand, I understand your instinct. But let's see what I just have to say. Fair enough, fair enough, Thanks, Thanks Warren. It's always talked about.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Very interesting proposal. Let's go next to David on the South Shore. David, don't know if you want to react to what Warren had to say, but feel free if you'd like to.
Speaker 6: Uh, no, I don't think so, Thank you anyway, No problem, thank you, No I'm a long time listener, kind of well on and off. But there's never a solution here, Dan, You never have a You present a problem that always produces some kind of frustration, anger, fear, but never a solution. Just just applies to other talk shows too. I don't know, have you noticed that before?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: Well, i'd like I'd like you to expand on it so I can learn from you a little bit. Sore we tonight. I'm simply here's what I'm doing tonight, and maybe I haven't made it clear to you, but let's see. What I'm saying tonight is a couple of things I'm saying. I'd love to know what people think the state of the race is. We're two weeks out. It's kind of one of those nights where we're in we're in the final sprint, so we haven't really talked about the race for a few nights, and I thought, okay, let's let's talk about it. And then the other thing that I have thrown out is I truly do hope that whoever wins next month November sixth, or November fifth, sixth or seventh, or whatever, I hope it's a decisive victory because I don't know the country will be able to successfully go through another traumatic experience where it's one tenth of one percent that decides the race. So if you think that those are negative ideas, tell me.
Speaker 6: Why, Well, No, while I was holding I was thinking another thought. My purpose in code was to ask you what meaning the polls have number one and what meaning my vote will have? If they have just announced this morning or less yesterday, then the results of the election will not be available for four five days after the election. Isn't this tell you that it's the start of the fixture?
Speaker 2: Well, first, first of all, I don't buy that theory, okay, because when let's assume that early in the night and early at night on an election night means by let's say, you know, ten thirty, that's early because the polls.
Speaker 6: Well ten thirty. Coincidentally, it was ten thirty when they announced they're going to stop the counters. Why because they're too tired.
Speaker 2: Again, I understand, I understand clearly where you're coming from, okay, And what I'm saying is I'm actually hoping, hoping that we end up with a decisive election, and that the election if, for example, we come down to Let's say all of a sudden, Nevada and Arizona look like Trump's gonna win, And let's assume that Wisconsin, uh And and Georgia look like Harris is gonna win. And it comes down to like say, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and pick another state, whatever state you want. And if let us say either of the candidates won those two states, which everybody knew was going to decide, it's possible. I don't see where they come down with the idea. I mean, we can call Massachusetts right now. I'll make the call right now, Kamala Harris carries Massachusetts with it's it's eleven electoral votes. You know that as well as I do. You you don't really need I mean, you got to run an election, But do you know that that Massa is gonna at the top of the ticket. There's other races that are important, but there's no way Donald Trump is gonna win Massachusetts. And you know that, and I know that. And this no way that Harris is going to win Wyoming, South Dakota in a lot of those states. And it's going to come down to a few states. And then the question is how close is it? Is it really close in Pennsylvania again, or does it break one way or the other. Let's see. I'm enough of an optimist to think that there's still enough people in this country who want to believe in the elections. Do you remember the old days when there'd be an election and everybody would wake up the next day and say, yeah, Reagan did win, he won all forty nine states, or yeah, Jimmy Carter did win, he'd beat Gerald Ford and we moved on. I'd like to get back to that point where we're not going to hate each other over Thanksgiving dinner. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, this business are four or five days after I never have you ever heard of that in any other country in the world, no matter how far they are in the toilet the country. Have you ever heard of that before?
Speaker 2: No? But on the on the flip side to that argument is when Russia or North Korea has an election, they can announce the final number. Lead me a putent one with a ninety seven point four percent of the vote. You know it doesn't matter. Democracy can be messy. Let's see what happens, okay.
Speaker 6: Right, But also one more point, I'm taking a long time, just one more point, yeah, although sad is the fact that uh uh, I don't. I know, I'm not supposed to name call or say things are be critical that way. But why would any individual There was a previous caller who asked about asking why are you voting for so and so? Why are you voting this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why would anyone? Uh? Having looked at the Fox interview and other interviews, I can't get a word a meaning out of anything she says. I mean, what are her policies? She seems so.
Speaker 2: Look day, you know as well as I do that forty percent of the country of the country will always vote for the Republican candidate, and forty country will always vote to the Democratic candidate. And we're we're we're kind of a fifty to fifty country. That's why people it's kind of like, you know, people say, how can someone root for the Yankees? I mean, they pay those players so much money, they buy the pennant and now they're going to buy the World Series. I'm a Red Sox fan. You know it's it's it's just you got to accept it, and you got to say yes what you got to live with those people? You could you might be married. I don't know if you're married or not, but you could be married to someone who's going to take your negate your vote. Obviously you're a Trump voter. I mean, what would you do if your wife vote tells you she's going to vote for Harrys, You going to divorce her?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, come on, baby, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about the state of the race two weeks out. It's as simple as that. I just thought that tonight might be a night to do that. We've had some interesting reaction. No one so far as sort of answered the question, are you for your candidate? Do you feel that that your candidate's in good position? I don't know. I'd love to know what you say. Gregory Gregory is in Dorchester. Gregory, welcome back. How are you, sir?
Speaker 7: Hi Jan, thanks for saying with caller.
Speaker 2: I'm very welcome.
Speaker 7: Greg The commercials are brutal. But the only thing I cannot understand about the Democrats Donald Trumps a convicted fellery and they haven't heard any any commercial with that. I'm surprised. I'm full of surprise because if the shoe was on the other side, there were they would there were probably would be blasting them more than that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So so you're you're I don't does does that commercial? Are you comfortable with that commercial? Or does that commercial offend you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: No, it's the truth. I mean, okay, it's the truth.
Speaker 2: So they can Again, these are public figures, These are tough races. Uh uh. And and you know Trump says some things about her and she says some things about him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well she's gonna conviction phalun is.
Speaker 2: That I said that? And I'm sure that people if that's the reason why someone's going to vote either for or against Donald Trump. If your focus is on the fact he's a convict felon, you're going to vote for Harris. If your focus is on some of the issues that he's running on, you might forget the fact that he's a convicted felon and vote for Trump.
Speaker 7: I don't know. He said something yesterday about I can't even repeat it on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's comment about Arnold Palmer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, terrible.
Speaker 2: I mean again, you know that's that's the sort of thing that you know, people joke about or whatever. And yeah, you're right, You're right. But again, look, with all of this, with all of this that he's had, you you've listened to some of my callers who are going to vote for Donald Trump no matter what. Okay, And that's where we are as a country right now. We're fifty to fifty. I hope that it's a decisive victory.
Speaker 7: For h And I hope so too, because Trump already has said that, Yeah, I have so many, so many a ternitists now ready to ready to do anything, you know, So he'sation.
Speaker 2: Both both of these candidates will be very well. This will be the election of twenty twenty four, will be the Attorney Employment Act, They'll they'll there'll be all sorts of court actions. Again, depending if it's very very close, they'll be they'll be uh, you know, law cases, you know, well into well into November, maybe past Thanksgiving. If on the other hand, it's it's a definitive election, which we haven't had one in a while, maybe.
Speaker 7: I think I think Michigan have to do if if if coming, if she can carry Michigan, I think she will get shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I think Michigan, like like before, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, those are the that that's the blue Wall, and Harris has to defend that and hope that she can pick up something else. If she can defend that, I think she's she's in pretty good shape. But you know, we'll we'll see. So are you glad it's almost over?
Speaker 6: Or right?
Speaker 7: But Hampshire between between Kelly and the Craig up there, that's the type phrases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean Kelly at Kelly has the advantage of having been a United States Senator. Uh Craig, the mayor of Manchester has the advantage of being the the the the chief executive of New Hampshire's largest city.
Speaker 7: But commercial Kelly gets.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you Chris Christ who delivered. I watched his commercial and I happen to like Christ as as you know, he's a friend. But I thought he did a great job in terms of he seemed to speak from the heart. I don't know if he's reading from a teleprompter, but he he delivered big time for Kelly ad.
Speaker 7: And if she does, she owes him remember her father father of us or program.
Speaker 2: Old b oh yeah if if George people forget George Bush had lost Iowa the Republican primary in Iowa in nineteen eighty eight to Bob Dole and Bush limped into New Hampshire and snun who basically turned it around in a week and Bush won New Hampshire and he was onto the Republican nomination.
Speaker 7: Bob do get out of you your cave?
Speaker 5: I remember, well, yeah.
Speaker 2: I miss well what did Dole say?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: I missed what you said? Greg? What did Dole say?
Speaker 7: You just came out of your cave?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, all right, Greg, we'll talk soon. Thank you, my friend, We'll treat Thanks for calling Ron and some waymouth Ron, you were next on. Nice ahead, Ron.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is a very blunt independent voter here, and I am blunt and right to the point. You know that I don't believe in any of the polls. I don't believe in polls. I believe in the US census before I believe in the polls. I think they're nothing but bs. Okay, And and I think it's going to be a lopsided vote. I don't think it's going to be what people think it is, which will mean it will be a decisive vote. And I think the gentleman called earlier about all over the world, they you know, they get the votes in early he's a little off there. He's in the right track, though he's in the you know, the right church, but the wrong pew. All the democratic nations of the world always have all the votes and before the next day, and if they do, if this happens again where there's a starling one two or three days after it, they need to stop all voting and they need to go in with the what what precincts and those areas in question and investigate immediately. We won't we won't continue on. We won't be able to continue on the right way. So I think it's put in in a capsule here, nutshell. I think it's going to be a lopsided out. I don't think it's I think it's going to be a decisive vote, and I hope it is. And I voted already in early voting, and I heard what people are saying that they're voting, and they they're very decisive of who they're voting for. And I'm not going to say any more than that, because I don't want to influence anybody in voting. But you need a vote for the person you want, not the party. But unfortunately these people represent parties. So you know, it's kind of complicated, but it really isn't complicated. I think we're just making it complicated.
Speaker 2: All right, Ron, you said it directly to the point. Appreciate it as always. Okay, thanks, Thanks, talk to you about that. We'll take quick break six one, seven thirty, triple eight nine to nine, ten thirty. We're coming right back. I've got Matt, Dave and Terry. I'll get some room for you on either six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty or six one seven nine. So now opportunity to chat a little bit about politics. Okay, we uh we certainly in the next couple of weeks will get back to this periodically, but again, I'm just giving you a chance tonight to tell me what you think of the state of the race two weeks out back after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World Nightside Studios on w.
Speaker 2: B Z the news radio. Kip Roll. He're going to go to Matt and Brighton. Matt, you are next on Nightside. Go ahead, Matt, hold on, Put Matt on hold for you. Yeah, Matt, don't do that to me, will you please? Hold on? Doesn't really work? You're back quick, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Oh no, I said, how you doing, I'm doing fun?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Hey yeah yeah. Look on the honor of Palmer comment and stuff like that. I think this election is set as is.
Speaker 11: I think that Donald Trumps the biggest foe is going to be the electoral college. As I've said many times in my cause before, I worry about states like Arizona.
Speaker 5: But if you look at people have said before by the Soma.
Speaker 11: Palmer comment, which he was a man's man, people respected him in the locker room stuff like that, this is not going on.
Speaker 2: That wasn't what he was talking about. Man, Come on, that's what he was talking about.
Speaker 11: I mean, come on, but his daughter is not back in a little bit of alick done. Our daughter denounced the comment.
Speaker 2: But is what's called an unforced error. I mean, he wasn't saying Arnold Palmer was a great golfer and in the locker room they really respected Arnold because no matter whether he won or lost, he was a gentleman and all that.
Speaker 11: No, he was, he didn't say that, but he said he's a man's man.
Speaker 2: Man, come on, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna further it. But we he were talking, he was talking about uh, a characterization of physical description, you know what I'm talking about? No, Yeah, and and and his daughters. His daughters were offended by it. And so do you really need Arnold Palmer's daughters coming out and saying, Hey, leave our dad out of this. I don't think that's a plus frame. I don't think a lot of people will say, well, great, he upset Arnold Palmer's daughters. I don't know. I mean maybe that's.
Speaker 1: At the election.
Speaker 11: That's just my my sentiment.
Speaker 2: And I'm just no, I don't think it's going to cost him the election. I agree with it's not going to cost him the election. But I think it's not something that that that he should have.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: It was an unnecessary error.
Speaker 11: Right, I mean all the time, these stupid gaffs, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I call it unforced error. I know that you're a baseball guy. I'm talking to you. Unforced error. Well, you got a shot. All you gotta do is, you know, just hit one to the baseline to your opponent's backhand, and you're drilling into the net.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, I think it's a land with this, Dan. I think it's gonna be I think Trump does have it, but I think it's gonna be very tight with the electoral College and Arizona, which is gone but the Biden last time. But it's gonna be very It's gonna be states like that is that people have said before the wyomings.
Speaker 2: Right now, according to the recent poll updates, according to five thirty eight, Trump is a couple of points up in Arizona.
Speaker 10: So just let's just hope.
Speaker 1: Let's just hear that in mind.
Speaker 5: God bless that's real.
Speaker 11: God bless what everything that's going on.
Speaker 2: Bless Israel. There's no doubt about that. Okay, thank you, though, talk to you good night. Gonna go to Terry down to the Cape Terry. You're next Night's.
Speaker 12: Hi, Dan? How are you think from a different perspective for you?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 12: And I'm not looking at the polls because I'm not one that does that, But I am looking at two different things. Number One campaign contributions. For the first time in history, Kamara Harris for July, August and September has she received more than one billion dollars with a bee never has happened before. And in that same time frame, her opponent has received a little more than three hundred millions, huge disparity right there, and I believe that that points to a major, decisive victory. And number two my other thought process. I happen to be at Shaw Market on Sunday and I looked at all the front pages of all the newspapers that they had, and all of them on the front page talked about how the Republicans have already filed lawsuits in fifteen states regarding the outcome of the twenty twenty four election that none of us know outcome yet, but I personally believe that it's a huge sign of desperation because they see the writing on the wall.
Speaker 2: Well, Terry, you got to if the results turn out the way that you're predicting, with the specificity particularly that you're utilizing, feel free to join the conversation the next night. We're not going to take phone calls. We'll have guests on night side. On election night, we'll have a lot of election coverage and we'll be following all of the polling and the results. Now, the bulls will be mute at that point, moot at that point, and we're talking about, you know, final decisions. So I want you to call back and take a victory lap.
Speaker 12: Okay, and I've already voted, and I'll tell you it feels wonderful because it's all room for me. Yeah, it's waiting to hear the final result. And it's a lovely killer, we'll tell you. And I hope everybody else votes as well, the person of their choice.
Speaker 2: I hope everybody has an opportunity to vote, and anyone who takes the opportunity fine. And if people are not interested enough to vote, shame on them, because they shouldn't then complain. You got it all right, I agree with you.
Speaker 12: Man. Have a great night. Bye bye now, Jerry, talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Good night. Let me go to Dave in San Antonio, Texas. We might get a different a different analysis from mister Dave. Hey, Dave, welcome you will in the court.
Speaker 5: But the reason they're in the court is they're trying to keep these illegal immigrants from registering and everybody's keeping track of them.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 5: They're teaching trap of these fools because they know Biden brought them in here to vote for them. So that's most of what the courtroom hearings are about, is keeping illegals out of this I think rooms hearings.
Speaker 2: I know that in Virginia there's a there's a rule that says that if people when they go to get their driver's license, if they claim, if they don't claim that they're an American citizen, and why anybody would say, AM an American citizen. But if they claim that they're not an American citizen and they still get a driver's license, they then cannot go to the polls uh and and register to vote. So all of this. Each state's a little different, and yeah, there's going to be a lot of law fare, I suspect in this one. I just hope for the sake of the country that we have a decisive, a decisive victory for someone of either one of these candidates.
Speaker 5: So that we can allay And that's that remark about Palmer. I have to admit that I wish you wouldn't have said.
Speaker 2: That it's not the time of the place.
Speaker 7: You know, I.
Speaker 5: Was surprised you said that. That took me aback.
Speaker 2: I just think it's it's not it's not the time. The time now is to focus on issues and focus on why you would be a better president than your opponent.
Speaker 5: That's allful, good worker for McDonalds.
Speaker 2: Though, Hey, let me tell you something that was pretty smart. His public relations people did a good job on that. And it's interesting now that Harris who claims she did work for that that company. Now she's kind of a mine because if she ends up at some McDonald's and does the same thing, they're gonna call her a copycat. If she doesn't.
Speaker 5: He should menagerial though, because we made a remark that only managers would make about their food. He would pick it up the fries, he said, no human hands have touched these fries's. I remember working at McDonald's when I was young, you know, and that was not supposed to touch the fries.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 2: I remember when McDonald's burgers were nineteen cents. That's a long time ago. All right, Dave, I'm flat out I got you in none of the wire. Thanks for calling talk soon. We had done for the night. Everybody. My name's Dan Ray. Want to thank both Rob and Dan double team producers tonight. And I'll tell you that as always, I'll be on nightside. Be on on nightside with Dan Ray on Facebook with a postgame. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to Heaven. That's my pal Charlie Rayes, who passed fourteen years go on February. That's where all your pets are past. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. See you tomorrow again on Nightside everyone. I'll be on at four point thirty for pregame tomorrow as well. Thanks to Karen Bussemi, who produced the night's program.