Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six on demand.
Speaker 2: Jeel, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, thank you.
Speaker 2: How can I help you?
Speaker 3: Well? I have a really silly question.
Speaker 2: I bet it's not silly at all.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's very silly, but I'll try to make this short. Okay, I've already battled cancer. I'm gonna hear on that. And I've dealt with many years of neuropathy. I was recently diagnosed with ALS.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, and I am.
Speaker 3: Told I'm fifty eight years old. I'm told one to five years do I have to live? But because of the neuropathy, it may have been diagnosed, so they don't know how long I've had ALS. Here's my silly question. I have never been afraid of dying ever, I am now.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 3: I don't know if when we pass, we do we have to encounter people that we don't want to encounter.
Speaker 2: Wait. Wait, wait, let me get this jewel. Wait a second. So you're saying that you battled cancer, Yes, you've been diagnosed with ALS. Yes you are a fighter, indeed, someone very strong, and you're worried about who you'll bump into in heaven.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, when you say someone hurt you in what way? Did they hurt you?
Speaker 3: Well, physically, you know, as a child.
Speaker 2: What makes you think they're going to be in heaven.
Speaker 3: I don't like the way you think.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, that's really one part of it.
Speaker 3: It frightens me. I'm not frightened a passing. I'm frightened of seeing other people that I don't want to see.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, here's a couple of things. First and foremost, you don't know who's going to be there. And the second part of that is you have to trust God that those that are there are supposed to be there. And lastly, I want to read something to you from Revelation twenty one four. This is about heaven, says he will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. Those things won't be there. It's not about a bigger earth, a better earth with no crime. It's not about some sort of concept of a better humanity. Heaven is altogether different, and I think a lot of people will see it as a utopia, and it's not. It is altogether a different place and experience than the human experience, and there will not be those concerns in the same way, in the same sense, and you will have an understanding of things differently. So in that time and God's will that you go home to be with your Maker, those things will be understood and every tear wiped away. There won't be the concept of death or pain or any of those things. There won't even be a comparison of those things. That's why when people think, like, oh, someone passes, are they here on earth? No, there is not there. They aren't thinking of the things of earth. There is no not in this same way, in the same sense. And so you won't have those fears at all, or those concerns. There won't be fear. It's the fulfillment of hope. So you don't have to worry about bumping into someone you don't want to see.
Speaker 3: You're right, yeah, sorry, don't be I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: There should be no shame for emotions. They're one of the most wonderful part of being human. Painful.
Speaker 3: Maybe yes, I don't want to be afraid.
Speaker 2: Well, no one wants to be afraid. Fear has its purpose. Fear keeps you away from the edge of the cliff. Fear keeps you away from sharp objects. Fear has a purpose, but don't fear home.
Speaker 3: No, fear is a good thing. I mean, I get that, I certainly get that. I mean, my gosh, you don't want your kid putting his hand on the stove.
Speaker 2: You know, of course, it has its purpose, but in this particular case, there's a lot of question marks as as too if this person would even be there to begin with. But having said that, God's not going to put you in a situation like that. It's the fulfillment again of hope, and it to be in that place is not to be in a place of worry or fear or awkwardness. Awkwardness or any of those things. You'll understand and you'll be there, and you will have an understanding understanding of everything that's occurred in your life in a way that you could never on earth, and it will come together. But there shouldn't be fear of that. You continue to fight and remember doctors only can tell you what they've seen before, not what they will see. Right, And you have to hold on to those things and be practical, put your things in order, be smart, but always land on hope and understanding. That God's will be done.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, put my ducks in the room, as they say, good, put my you know, step in order that the children and whatnot. But mmm, I don't know why I'm so afraid right now. I just don't know. It's not like me.
Speaker 2: It's just the unknown. There's a lot you're staring something in the face, seemingly, and that that's a that's a pretty stark reality, and that's a that's a you know that that makes you start you sound very reasonable. Just that just your tone and the fight that you have in you and the fight that you've been through so far. So you look at those things and you and you've battled them, and now you're looking You're going, Okay, I'll take this enemy head on. But I don't know what this enemy is going to look like. I don't know what it's going to be like. And you start going through the scenarios in your head as to what it might be and what you might be up against. But let me tell you something, You're up against nothing. When you're there, you're home. Every question mark you've ever had here on earth, everything you've wondered, why did I have to go through that? Why was this why all of those questions that you have will be fulfilled and understood in a way and not comprehend here no matter what I tell you, it will be the ultimate fulfillment and the place of peace. The crescendo, the the eternal crescendo that has no end, will feel like it never had a beginning, and it will make sense and you'll be at peace. There will be no more battles for you to wage war against or to stand up against. No, in the words of Shakespeare, no slings, no arrows of outrageous fortune. No more do you have to battle with any of that stuff. It's done. The battle is over there, no more worries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't mind the battle. I don't mind the battle, but you don't do. I'm in a darn wheelchair most my day. It's fine, it's fine, and I walked half the day. I don't want the end of the.
Speaker 2: Battle, but that is what you fight for. Everyone fights for the end of the battle. Everyone. There's no one who fights to fight. That's bizarre. You fight for the end of the battle, the win, the victory, whatever it might be. You fight for the end of the battle, and the end of the battle I'm telling you is peace. It's not fear. It's none of that. You've battled so long that you don't even know what that is anymore. But trust me, you'll like it. I guarantee. I just got off the phone with Jewel, our last caller, and we were chatting a little bit. Producer Neil got on there as well, and what a doll and a strong spirit. She was laughing and chatting and I can say, honestly, it is the first time that anyone ever ended a phone conversation with by saying later, Gator, So that says a lot about the spirit of Jewel. A very sweet conversation. She and producer Neil were chatting and they were talking about trials in life, and she kept trying to coax him into talking about the trials in his own life, and he said, I don't know, we're here to chat with you, and She's like, bring them, bring them. And he assured her that in the card game of life, she would win that hand because she is going through some pretty major things and handling them like a champ. So anyone that has battled cancer and is currently looking at the battle of als is a pretty amazing thing to see her in those kinds of spirit, spirit being that kind of mental strength and place that she has found in her life to be strong and focused. And I'm sure she has good days and bad days, but that particular spirit and attitude is so important because there is much that you can't change in life that will come your way that really will weigh on you and there's nothing you can do about it, But how you experience it is something you have control over. Your attitude through it you can control. That's been said many times before that life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you deal with it. And really that shows the character of who you are and the strengths that you have, the tools that you have in your emotional tool belt to get you through life. It really shows you that those those skills that you've built up are practical that you can ply them in a time of need. There are many people that have experienced things and thought they had great tools, but the minute it weighs on them, they feel like the world is crumbling around them. So let Jewel be an inspiration to you as she is to me and the show. Dan, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Hello, I have a sister that that says, she reads in the Bible that God is a punishing God. If you lie, you cheat, you steal, God will come upon you with his wrath and uh and and uh and punish you. I always thought that that God was merciful, God was forgiving, God understood God. God helped you get out of these things. But she's uh uh. She honestly believes that, know, if you're a sinner, if you lie, you cheat, you steal, that God's going to come upon you and bad things are going to happen. He's going to come down with his wrath and and you better watch out.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a nice, healthy combination of the two beliefs. Really, God is a God of justice, absolutely, and yes, I will punish on according to the deeds that a person does. However, keep in mind that often the punishment is the consequence of the very act itself. You know, if you steal, if you live a life of crime, you'll probably go to jail. So if you think that God, that that mercy is somehow ignorant, or that grace is somehow blind, that's absolutely wrong. God is a God of justice. Do you think it's loving? Dan for a parent not to punish their child when there when their child does something wrong, is that the loving.
Speaker 3: Thing to do? Well?
Speaker 4: I understand that, I understand that. But there's uh people who who who in their hearts understand the wrong that.
Speaker 2: They do, then why do they do it?
Speaker 4: Well? There's there's uh, there's good in my opinion, is there's good and there's bad in this in this world? Yes, And it's it's the nature. I think one could say, if you have it lied, if you haven't cheated, you know, throw the first roun Uh. It's it's human nature to to to to lie. I believe that nobody is one hundred percent perfect.
Speaker 2: Okay, understood Dan? But or but you should be seeking perfection even though you won't obtain it. You should always seek being the best you can. You should always try and eradicate one more lie from your conversation, from your day, from your week.
Speaker 4: I understand that.
Speaker 2: But you shouldn't be walking around thinking that you have a get out of jail free card because you know God, No.
Speaker 4: I believe I believe if you, if you do wrong, you should pay the price.
Speaker 2: Okay, Then when then wherein lies the problem? Well?
Speaker 4: I'm not but I'm not talking about anything of physical I'm not talking about you amongous things. That's stealing the from the poor and robbing a bank and taking somebody's life.
Speaker 2: But God sees those is all equal. You're the one that sees those as different. Man sees those as a hierarchy. But ultimately, any sin is a slap in the face of God. Any sin, no matter how small.
Speaker 4: I understand that. I understand that, I understand that. Well, you've answered my question. I appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh I hope so, Dan, But I get the feeling that maybe there's something else more to it. Truth be told that it becomes very easy for people to try and partition God. God is all love, God is all justice. God has wrath. God is compassionate. All these things are true. You can't separate them and many of them go hand in hand in a way that you don't even think about. So to define, to think that God's going to look the other way when you do things is not correct. God knows your heart as well. God knows when you make mistakes. You can't just use the excuse that, oh, well, I'm going to sin because I'm a sinner. God knows this. As well. But you need to seek those things that are good and trust that in your rebellion. If you get into a state where you just continue to throw aside anything that God says and think, hey, well, I'm just a sinner God, then you will lose sight of God because the biggest consequence is it changing the relationship you have with God because you start to distance yourself from Him. So keep that in mind. Kim, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you Jesus for taking my call.
Speaker 2: My pleasure.
Speaker 1: What's going on? I'm going to start crying. I don't want to cry. I have a parent, a mother that's deceased, the father that's an alcoholic all his life. It's taken a toll. He's got everything going for him where he's at, and they're about to boot him from where he's at due to his own alcohol abuse. And he's got the ultimate situation. He's in the most perfect place and he's blowing it all and he's going to be on the street homeless.
Speaker 2: Why is the situation so perfect? Just the cost of in the location and everything else.
Speaker 1: Everything's everything's cater to his every need, and yet the abuse continues, the denial the oh, the mentality of just I can't say the words right now.
Speaker 2: How long has he been abusing alcohol?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Since way back in time?
Speaker 2: Oh, gotcha. So this has been something that's been taking place for a long time. Has he has he ever gotten help? Has he ever been part of a program?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he's just stubborn and denial and just pompous and very very this terrible personality when it comes to, you know, the denial. And my mother was put through this all her life with him, and speaking to an aunt yesterday, she told me that she's just waitnessed it for fifty years herself, to abuse. My mom asked him how she couldn't believe she hadn't stabbed in basically years ago, and that's not even her, that's not even in her her being. But I understand was at that level that she's witnessed my mother through it and just said to him point blank, I would have done that too long time ago, you know, knowing what you put her through, and you know, it's just it go on and on, and I have this whole thing where I'm like feeling so bad every day for him and torturing myself when I'm not the one doing anything wrong. It's just some choice to do this. But it's awful because you don't want to see your parents.
Speaker 2: Go through this, of course not. And there comes a time often where you have to make a decision because you can become part of the problem. You can't really help him, especially especially if he doesn't want help, So to house him up or to take care of him in that context isn't going to make things better.
Speaker 1: Because they had a brother do that, and the brother was tortured through it all. It's just like he was in my mother's position again, and you know, it just went on and on and three years went by and it was no better and it was worse. And anybody else trying to step forward to do that, it's going to be put to the same torture. And it's just it's not there. It's not right. But yet, how do you drive around on knowing your father's over there, not even in a tent, living on the street. I mean, it's so sad.
Speaker 2: But this is a choice, you know, But this is a choice. I mean, it's I know that it's rough to think about, and that you have the desire to have compassion, but to what end do you do you live alone?
Speaker 1: Yes, but I'm not in a financial situation where I could put up with any kind of that because I don't want to risk my own shelter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can't. That doesn't help the situation at all, especially if you were both out on the streets.
Speaker 1: Everybody with him.
Speaker 2: He needs help and sometimes hitting rock bottom is a necessity, and that help.
Speaker 1: He's hit rock bottom in so many ways and so many times, so many people have hurt themselves trying to help him, because Dave ended up coming out scarred from it badly.
Speaker 2: Well, Kim, you can't live life for someone else. You can only you can only live your life. And it's a sad truth. But when people get to a point where they are rejecting things that are good for them, there's not a whole lot you could do. Because what he actually needs is is regiment. He needs very restricted guidelines.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you know, you talk to him and he says, oh, I went to church, And I'm thinking, oh, yeah, you know, you go to church is everything you think people want to hear.
Speaker 4: Because that makes you look better.
Speaker 2: Sure, you're not sure.
Speaker 1: And when you said that, my friends very religious. I work with her, and I said what would you do? What am I supposed to do? Love the mother, love my father? She says, You know what, if it was your mother, you would you could take her in in that condition, because mothers are different than dad's. Dads are supposed to be stronger. You know, you shouldn't have to be putting up with that with your own father, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a little different. And you and you sort of paraphrase to scripture the one of the commandments to honor your mother and father. But in that context, you're supposed to honor your mother and father in what is honorable. You don't just honor them to honor them, because there's some really bad parents out there. So it's not just honor. It's honoring one parentage and the tradition of parentage, the purpose of parentage and the parenting that goes along with it, and the position of parenting and all of these things. But not you know, someone that hurts you or beats you, or treats you poorly, or you don't honor those things. So in this particular case, Kim, your father needs to get into a program, and he's getting into a pretty severe program, and that's not something that you could do on your own. If you had the wherewithal to bring him in under those guidelines, that would be a wonderful thing. But it doesn't sound like you do, and it doesn't sound like it would be beneficial to you or to him to have him come in there. He's a grown man. He's made his choices, and there's going to be consequences to those choices, and you need to allow him to go through whatever pattern he needs to go through. Now you can tell him I will absolutely let you come live here after you do a year in a program or whatever your criteria is going to be. But you have to set those guidelines and you can't just willingly go yeah, you can come on in and everything's going to be great, because it won't. Rachel, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Jesus, Hello, Hi, I have a question for you. I was reading this morning numbers twenty two, and in eighteen Baalim flat out says to the Lord, let's see here.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: He says, I.
Speaker 5: Would be powerless to do anything against the will of the Lord. And in twenty God came to Bailim and said, since these men have come for you, get up and go with them, and he tells him to go with them and then drop down a little bit. In twenty two. God was furious that Balem was going. And this troubles me.
Speaker 2: I need to know that it seems out of seems like a contradiction.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I don't that's not the God that I know.
Speaker 2: No, it's like a sneaky God going go over here, and now you went over there. There's a lot going on here. And this involves the Angel of the Lord. And if you notice, the Angel of the Lord does not kill him, No, he doesn't. No, he actually gives him. The concern here is about dealing with Balem's greed in his heart. He was tempted by the offers that were coming his way. You can read numbers, you know, twenty two to twelve. Also verse seventeen about the temptation, and the intent was not about to kill him. It was to remind him of what his original agreement was, because he kept getting tempted and his heart was clearly filled with greed. As you read on and understand that it wasn't a direct result of not in direct contradiction to God's word, but he was rejecting it. In his heart, so his greed had kind of come up with a way. You can read about this in numbers thirty one sixteen. Come up with a way to help Israel's enemies. Will not directly disobeying the Lord's command to speak only the words that he would give to him. But he found a way to kind of backdoor it to corrupt Israel by allowing women to marry men of Israel and lead them into idolatry. You can read about that in two Peter two fifteen. I hope that that
Speaker 1: Helps kfi A six forty on demand