Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you.
Speaker 1: On JRR Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Coffin and Lynd injury Attorneys. Good morning, Bulldog. What's happening, brother?
Speaker 2: What's happening? Did you guys not see it? Last night? The NBA Cup?
Speaker 3: The Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Cup. Yannas scores twenty six nineteen rebounds, he wins the MVP of the entire tournament. They take down the Oklahoma City Thunder ninety seven to eighty one. So the Bucks players got the five hundred thousand dollars apiece for winning the NBA Cup.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you guys.
Speaker 1: Probably going to be a lot of people across the country missing work today from staying up last night to watch that with the Cup parties and whatnot.
Speaker 3: In fact, the Bucks, I guess the NBA had a bunch of crates of champagne delivered to the Bucks locker room. Okay, they remained unopened. I figured they didn't even open up to them. That's jump change, man, that's a that's a week of weeks of work if that.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Uh let's see.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, I know you guys are both UCF grads. Frosty and the Grinch are getting together this Christmas. H Scott Frost has hired new defensive coordinator Alex Grinch yesterday, So you have Frosty and Grinch together on the same coaching staff.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, guys.
Speaker 3: That UCF, since they're getting into the Christmas spirit with Frosty and Grinch, they should hire former West Virginia running back Noel Divine as their backfield coach.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: Why not this Grinch guy. He's been around some colleges here in the last five six years or so.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He was a defensive coordina at Washington State, Oklahoma and USC. He was under Lincoln Riley. He got fired at USC, was at Wisconsin last year as the safeties coach and the co defensive coordinator. He's got a pretty good track record, although he did get fired at USC because their defense was terrible while he was there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think he's a decent hire.
Speaker 1: So Michael Vick ends up landing at Norfolk State after we got wind that he was interviewing out at Sacramento State as well. So Michael Vick now a college football head coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, supposedly it came down to Michael Vick and another highly sought after Canada. I'm hearing it was a real dog fight to see who got that job. Dog fight.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess there's been enough time to let that joke fly. Yeah, especially coming from the dog.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we now know that college football has really gone to the dogs with Michael Vick.
Speaker 4: Is he spent some time yesterday searching for grants jokes and finding the third person to hire with Noel.
Speaker 1: Boy, you better ask the Sentinel for a few extra lines of copy to fill in those jokes today for your calling.
Speaker 2: Kay, good lord, quick dog. Okay.
Speaker 3: By the way, the NBA is changing the format of their All Star Game.
Speaker 2: Did you see this story?
Speaker 1: What are they gonna do?
Speaker 3: They're not gonna have a traditional All Star game anymore. Starting this year, They're gonna have an All Star Tournament. They're gonna have four teams, four teams, three games, a one night tournament, three teams of eight all stars apeathe a piece, and the fourth team is gonna be the winner of the Rising Stars Challenge for first and second year players. So They're gonna have that Rising Stars Challenge on Friday. The winner of that tournament is going to go into the NBA All Star Tournament.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be I think it does.
Speaker 1: The NBA have the same marketing team as Pizza Hut, throwing everything out where they come up with a new gimmick. It seems like every you know, other week to just throw up.
Speaker 2: I like this, gimme.
Speaker 3: I think the teams will if the games are shorter, I think the teams will be more competitive, go after each other. It's more like a more like an AAU tournament, if you will. And the and these guys all come from an AAU background.
Speaker 2: So doubt I'm watching no offense.
Speaker 3: So uh PGA Tour of America has announced that our Ryder Cup players on the US team are now going to be paid, which has created a little bit of a controversy in the golf world. Do you think our Ryder Cup players should be paid to represent their country?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: I mean sure, playing their time?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: Okay, the European players don't get paid, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they can follow the trends, you know, let us be the leaders in this area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our guys are gonna get paid no matter what, aren't they That's right, that's right, the American League. Then another coach came out yesterday, another college football coach came out and ripped the college football calendar. Rett lash Leady, coach of SMU, is in the playoffs this weekend.
Speaker 2: You know, the transfer portals open.
Speaker 3: Now. Penn State's backup quarterback who plays a lot, he's in the portal now. He's not gonna play in the playoff game Saturday. So all the college coaches is ripping the portal being open during the postseason.
Speaker 2: It is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You have to admit it causes a lot of probably. I mean, look what happened with Marshall. They left with not enough players to even play their game. The Bulls are suffering now. College football playoff teams are suffering. This Penn State backup quarterback. He's sort of a slash type player. He plays a lot for them. They have at you know, a package of plays. He's helped him win some games this year. And he's not going to play in the college football playoff because he's you know, going to a new school next year. And he said, hey, I have no choice. So you guys are right, though it shouldn't be open during this now. All right, bulldog, understand you're taking off for Christmas break now, we won't be chatting with you until the new year.
Speaker 3: Hih, buddy, that's right, you go. Yeah, you guys are off next week.
Speaker 2: Right we are. He's speaking of Buddy. How Buddy, Xmas go or whatever.
Speaker 3: Buddy Claus Mayor Dyer addressed to Santa Claus. Yesterday at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Florida. We raised a lot of money for the Boys and Girls Clubs. So yeah, we had a great time and Buddy Dyer was awesome.
Speaker 2: He was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Hey, Bulldog, have an awesome holiday. Marry Christmas to you and your family and I we appreciate you. You know every morning joining us here on the sports page on j R. I brought you by Kauffman and Lynd.
Speaker 2: That's right. You can listen.
Speaker 3: You can listen to Under with Attorney Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning FM ninety six nine. In the game, you can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 2: Oh Oh Rock for charity. It is now live on wjr R dot
Speaker 4: Com, presented by Give Local Love and one on one one w j r R, Orlando's rock station from the bogus