Speaker 1: Well, with the new college football season having officially kicked off, we had week zero now week one with some pretty significant outcomes, I thought it'd be a great idea to talk to you on this Labor day about what has changed in college football. And it is a vastly different landscape to what you grew up with, maybe or even last year or the year before, or is it. I'm not sure how different it really is, even with the transfer portal and with the nil and with players, the best players going to the highest bidders, because that's what it seems like is happening in college football. But to talk about that and the new book, The Price, which is all about what they call in the book the wild West of college football that's going on right before our very eyes, and now we're into the season. Our guest is a co author of The Price, along with the armand Kataean name many of you may know, and you may know this guy's name, John Talty joins us, and thanks for taking time out on the holiday to chat about The Price.
Speaker 2: John, How are you good?
Speaker 3: Appreciate you having me on.
Speaker 1: So here's my question. With everything that has transpired to change cow to radically change college football, isn't it true that the Georgia's and the Alabamas and the Ohio States and the Michigan programs and programs like that, the Notre Dames, how much are they affected by the rule changes? And is it more just of the same the rich get richer. What kind of tack do you take in the book and what has of what has happened so far, how has it changed things for the majority of say Power Conference teams.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, everybody's impacted by it.
Speaker 4: How it impacts each school can be different, and you know we detail that at great length.
Speaker 3: In the book.
Speaker 4: But you know, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, all those schools you mentioned, Yeah, they're all impacted.
Speaker 3: They've all been thrown into this world that is different now.
Speaker 4: You know, plenty of those schools are still going to have natural advantages. You know, a place like Georgia, which is one of two of the last three national championships, has obviously you know, figured it out and been able to succeed at a you know, at the highest levels.
Speaker 3: But there's struggles for all of them.
Speaker 4: They've all maybe lost players that they would have otherwise kept because of another school being able to offer more money or more opportunity. We've seen other teams rise up, you know. I think just this past weekend, a school that's been aggressive and maybe hasn't fully figured it out, but looked like maybe it's a little bit closer to figuring out what's Miami and you know, what they did against Florida.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good example of what nil and this.
Speaker 4: New world can look like, where they went out and got the best available quarterback and cam Ward Uh, you know, myself and other colleagues have reported that he's making more than seven figures. And you watch them on Saturday, and they look great and that team is you know, substantially better because of a quarterback like that, and that's because of the investment that you know, ah, you know, a couple of years ago, they would not have gotten a player like that. So there's a lot of ways you can need to rise up, but there's also ways you can fall behind if you're not able to, you know, find a way to maximize this current era.
Speaker 1: Well, we're in Cincinnati, uh, and the University of Cincinnati of course joining the Big Twelve last year. I think that the rule changes have adversely affected teams like that, not your traditional powers, but teams that you know are trying to get to that next level, it becomes even exponentially harder to get there.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on that, Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: And you know, one of the teams that we write about quite a bit in the book is Maryland. And you know, Maryland is this kind of you know, middle of the pack school, right they're in the big kid club in the Big Ten, but they do not have the full advantages of many of the other Big ten schools.
Speaker 3: And so how do you find a way to level up to me?
Speaker 4: In many ways, it got harder because you don't have the huge fan base that's going to spend all the money. I mean, the Ohio State NIL numbers are well reported at this point. The athletic director ross By York has said that Ohio State spent more than twenty million dollars on this year's roster. I can tell you that Maryland doesn't even spend half of that, right, And that's important because they don't have the you know, super fired up and aggressive fan base to be able to pump in money like that.
Speaker 3: It's not for lack of desire, it's just not where they're at.
Speaker 4: So for schools like that, it's how do you you know, how do you try to.
Speaker 3: Keep up when you don't have that level of money.
Speaker 4: And so I think that there's a lot of schools that are kind of in the middle of the past that it's you know, it's a dangerous place to be in right now because these other schools, which you know, again like Ohio State, have always had advantages, but the ability to really you know, weaponize the power and passion of their fan base in terms of buying the best players just puts them at such a higher level than these schools that you don't have that big of a fan base and don't have that level of passion.
Speaker 1: To call any major college athlete the scholarship athletes are the ones that are getting the big paydays.
Speaker 2: John It you can't.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can call them student athletes anymore because you know, it's it's it's become so mercenary. And I think that's what's distasteful to a lot of people who are just watching on the outside. The fans or people who are casual college football fans are like, now, it's more of the same man. You know, Like I said at the beginning of the top of this, the rich get richer and if you've got the money, then you know, and maybe.
Speaker 2: That's always the way it's been.
Speaker 1: I think it is particularly poignant that somebody like Sweeney at Clemson says he's not gonna he's not going to delve into the transfer portal. It'll be at his own peril, won't it.
Speaker 4: Right, And I mean I can tell you, you know, including some of my colleagues at CBS Sports, you know, we wrote quite a bit about Davo's decision to not go all in on the transfer portal and nil and how he is falling behind because of it. So there's just saying that said a lot in college football and to adapt or die, right, And so if you don't keep up with it, you know, you're either going to fall behind and either you know, get pushed out or retire. And you know, in our book, we write at great lengths about Nick Saban and his uh, you know, uncomfortableness with what this era has turned into. And he's, you know, the greatest college football coach of all time and was able to win at the highest levels for a really long time and he did not wasn't that he was against players getting paid, but he was against what it's turned into. He was against just a complete unregulated nature and just the constant free agency and kids coming into his office and telling Nick Saban of all people, if you don't give me more money, I'm leaving. You know, that to him was just not what he wanted to be a part of anymore. And so you're gonna lose good coaches because of that. And I think, you know, the concern that I think fans have, and certainly what I hear from different fans that I talked to, is that the connection is not maybe quite what it used to be to the point you made earlier, you know, the mercenary thing, like you know, the amount of text that I got on Saturday of friends and fans that I know, like turning on the game to I don't even know half the guys on this team anymore, you know. And that's that's kind of the challenge right now, is do you have that personal connection the where you used to with a player that maybe you saw him in as a freshman and it did okay, and it gets better and better and better, and then by the time he's a junior and senior, you know, you love the guy you own his jersey, and you know he's your favorite player, your son's favorite player. You know, now that guy is probably going to play for two or three teams by the time he gets to being a senior. And there's nothing inherently wrong with that. But I do think that that makes it challenging for fans to invest in individual players. And I think it's become more of just you know, Alabama plays on Saturday. I like Alabama. I'll turn them on and I hope they win. But maybe I don't know all the individual players the way I used to.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean in the past, before the NIL and all of these new rules with you know, go to the highest bidder kind of thing. You know, it's the NFL model basically, or any other you know, professional quote, professional sports model. Before then, there were I mean I think that maybe, uh, the University of Kentucky, which got slapped with all these sanctions and fines for these players working no show jobs and getting paid for them, I think they ought to be grandfathered in and let them just because that went on in cess in college athletics at the big programs, whether they'll admit it or not, Every once in a while somebody got caught and they'd be made an example of by the NCAA.
Speaker 2: But then again, there was a lot.
Speaker 1: Of that going on ad nauseum all over those storied programs. And you know, I can say that from the outside without being too specific, and you say, well, where's your proof, where's your evidence?
Speaker 2: Come on, let's let's be real here.
Speaker 1: Uh. You know, like Lebron James is driving around in a Hummer his senior year in high school. Uh you know, Oh, well that's his mom's car. Oh yeah, okay, Uh you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Does it play getting paid did not start in the Anile era. No, It's been going on for a long time now. It operated in the shadows in the past. And I think the one difference now it's just the amount of money is much bigger, right, And I'm not going to get in the weeds on inflation and things like that, but like, obviously it's naturally going to be bigger.
Speaker 3: But you know, I've reported a lot in the past.
Speaker 4: You know, guys in the nineties and eighties and two thousand, it's like they were getting cars and things like that, like that happened, but there were not guys getting like one point five million dollars a year, right, So the numbers have ballooned up, and that's the part because of the way that the structure is now. But yeah, I mean if it's been a college it has been a part of college.
Speaker 3: Sports for a long time. And it's not new.
Speaker 4: It's just about the extremity of the situation. And it's again, I think the key I think with understanding this current era is not it's not one individual thing, it's multiple things all hitting at the same time.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So when you add in the ANIL component with the transfer portal allowing guys to transfer, you know, unlimited amount of times, and you know, some guys can transfer twice in one year, which we saw happen this past year, that I think has led to the craziness that's led to all the frustration of coaches. That's what's led to, you know, all these claims of you know, unregulated free agency and things like that. Because of those two things combined has kind of turned it into what it is. So yeah, I agree with you, it's not all new, but I think it's just more extreme than what we've seen in the past.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's it's you know, let's be honest, it's more transparent than what was going on before. You know, a lot more money involved, but you know, it's these are the new rules, so everybody knows that this is going to go on. Uh and into the coaches thing, it's hard to have sympathy for these multi million dollar, multi year coach coaches Like I mean, I love Nick Saban, great coach, no doubt, he proved himself over and over again in the game. But you know, you've got all these coaches that were able to, you know, sign a contract with the school and promise they'd never leave, and a week later they're gone, like with what happened in Cincinnati with with Brian Kelly for example, or Mark D'Antonio. You know, they sign a new content and that they vow to stay, and the entire time they know hypocritically that they are going to leave these players that they recruited tomorrow to go to a better offer or their dream jobs. So I kind of I understand why the players have this new flexibility, but it kind of arose in part because of what I'm talking about with the coaches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think that's you know, a big I think component of this to your point is that I think the coaching salaries got so big and it became unpalatable for a lot of people to see a coach making ten million dollars a year, being able to leave and come and go as he pleases, and then you've got these restrictive rules on their players.
Speaker 3: And they're not making any money.
Speaker 4: I think that that gulf between the two things got too large.
Speaker 3: And again I think when a guy.
Speaker 4: Was only making a million dollars, okay, that kind of makes sense, but you know, the numbers so big that it really turned I think the public tenor around the situation. You know, you get back twenty years from now, the idea of paying players was not popular at all, and it has come a long way. And I think it's because of the coaches and the power that they had and the amount of money that they made. And so I think, you know that, you know, unwittingly by them, and we write in.
Speaker 3: The book a little bit some of it's, you know, based on the agents they've been a little too good at their jobs and what they've been able to do. But that's kind of the.
Speaker 4: Position that we're in right now, and they have no one to blame, really, but themselves.
Speaker 1: Do you talk at all, even though it has nothing to do with the price, which is the focus and the title of the book, John, do you talk about it all? The changing landscape of the college football playoffs? You know, we've got a twelve team playoff. Did you guys get into that at all?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I mean because it's it's a significant amount of money that's being you know, now injected into the sport, and it's you know, it's led to different moves being made in terms of realignment and things like that. But you know, I think it's why you're seeing, you know, some school spending more money this year. Hey, first, it's the first opportunity of the twelve team playoff.
Speaker 3: Let's go all in and see if we can make a run here.
Speaker 4: And you know, I wrote a story recently just looking at, you know, just how certain schools have gone all in this year.
Speaker 3: Ohio State's one of them. But you've got Oregon and Ole.
Speaker 4: Miss and other places that I've gone all in this year, and it's because of the twelve team playoff and they're see sensing an opportunity to you know, play in the playoff when they haven't been able to make it maybe previously in the fourteen playoffs. So I definitely think we're seeing change, and we read about that quite a bit in the book.
Speaker 1: John Talty along with Armine Katayan. The book is The Price, and if you're, like I said, even a casual fan of college football, a little guide path to the wild new world that we're living in now in college athletics and specifically big time college football.
Speaker 2: John, thank you so much for your time. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: You bet you.
Speaker 1: It's the night Cap and it rolls on in minutes on this Labor Day on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: This news sponsored by a Door and Window. We sell the best and service the rest, news, traffic and weather.
Speaker 7: News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: It's not only Israeli's press for nett Yellahoo to riches ceasefire agreement with the nine point thirty report.
Speaker 9: I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now.
Speaker 8: President Biden today had harsh wars for Israel's Prime Minister Revengement Net and Yahoo after the death of six hostages over the weekend that included Israeli American heirsh Goldberg Pollen. The president now increasing pressure for Net and Yahoo to secure a hostage deal.
Speaker 10: President Biden is saying bluntly that Israel's leader is not doing enough to reach a deal that would release the remaining hostages and achieve a ceasefire in Gaza. White House officials tell us they're working around the clock with renewed urgency. The President and Vice President Harris meeting in the situation room with top us negotiators, and in that meeting, Biden made clear he is devastated and outraged, saying Hamas leaders will pay for these crimes.
Speaker 8: ABC News says Elizabeth Sholsey. Now, the latest traffic and weather together and right now, accident has been cleared. Seventy one south at the Fields Turtle Mason Montgomery exit that was the disabled vehicle closed currently due to a vehicle fire. For seventy one north bound this between the Columbia Parkway exit and Daniel Carter Beard Bridge.
Speaker 7: Now, the latest forecast from a train heating and cooling weather center on news Radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 11: Jolly much cooler through the overnight tonight, all thanks to a northeast wind in that low humidity, mostly clear skies as we dropped down to fifty three through the early parts of your Tuesday. Wednesday from the northeast had ten to fifteen miles per hour. Tuesday afternoon, plenty of sunshine to start. We'll see a few passing clowns in a hive seventy eight. From there on out, we're warming up eighty seven, partly claudi on Wednesday, mostly sunny eighty seven Thursday. Our next chance at rain comes Friday. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first warning media. I'll just Bringdon spin Or news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Clear skies and currently sixty six degrees. A man is facing charges if your shots were fired at Wyoming this weekend.
Speaker 12: The man is now in custody at the Hamilton County Detention Center for allegedly opening fire on two women and a seven year old Sunday night in Wyoming. Deputy say had happened around eleven o'clock at a home on Oak Avenue. Two women had apparently gone there to rent a car from someone who lived on that street. They say, an argument that ensued, which led to shots being fired. No one was hit by that gun fire. The suspect, identified as Miguel Fritz, took off Six hours later. He was found by police and arrested. He's facing several charges now, including felonious assault and having weapons under disability. I'm Rick yu Chino, who's radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Cruz responding to a structure fire earlier this afternoon in the Mount Airy neighborhood. It was around one thirty when Cincinnati Fire Department cruise were dispatched to the forty two hundred block of Hawaiian Terrace, finding a two story residential town homeles smell coming from the exterior of the second floor. All residents were able to get out before they arrived, with Cruz putting out the flames in about twenty minutes. The cause of the fire cylinder investigation, with an estimated twenty five thousand dollars in damage done and six presidents being displaced. The Reds defeated the Astros of Great American Ballpark this afternoon, five to three. Following an off night Tuesday. The series will continue Wednesday night. It will be a six to forty first pitch with the inside pitch starting our coverage at five point forty. The Bengals now preparing for their season opener against the Patriots Sunday at pay Corpse Stadium. Head coach Saxt Taylor was asked today about wide receiver Jamar Chase and if he would play, and Taylor said they'll have to take it day to day. Chase has been seeking a contract extension. He's been at camp but not fully participating in practice.
Speaker 9: College football News U SEE.
Speaker 8: Quarterback Brendan Soresby named the Big twelve Newcomer of the Week this after the Bear Cast defeated thousand, thirty eight twenty in their opener Saturday a Nippert Stadium. Our next update is at ten o'clock. I'm Sean Gallagher News Radio seven hundred WLWY.
Speaker 13: On the seven hundred WLW Hotline backed by Guilty Trusted Pros. Everyone knows Zimmer Tractor, Cabota's award winning.
Speaker 1: It's the Nightcap Gary Jeff on Labor Day and one of our regular guests has signed up on this holiday to be a part of what we're doing here, and I certainly appreciate his time. Anytime we can get to talk to our IT expert, our tech guy from intrust It, Dave Hatter and Dave. Lots of people, no matter what the current administration tells you about employment, lots of people are looking for jobs right now, and the market is scarcer than you think, and that means that scam artists are going to take advantage of some of those people. If you're not careful, if you are seeking employment somewhere, watch out. It could be a gateway to getting ripped off. Tell me how this works.
Speaker 5: Yeah, unfortunately, Gary, Jeff, that's all absolutely true. I know several people looking for jobs. The market's pretty tough out there, and you've got you know, agencies like the FBI and the FTC and even organizations like the Better Business BUEAU warning about job related scams, and you know the unfortunately, the bad guys out there will take advantage of you. And I think it's pretty despicable when you think about the fact that you've got someone who's already potentially in a bad situation looking for a job in a rough market, and I had scammers out there basically trying to either a steal their money straight up through some type of fraud related to the scam, or b steal their information. And you know, in many cases they'll take whatever they can get. They'll take your money and your information. And why that information is important is, you know, usually that it becomes an identity theft type of situation. So yeah, these things are rampant, and the bad guys know that the average person doesn't understand things like search engine poisoning. And while that affects search engines like Google or being just from a general standpoint, I'm going to, as a bad guy, pay money to have something ranked high in a search engine because when people see it in there, they don't realize, well, that could be fake, right, It could be in there on purpose to scam someone, because I don't realize that someone can pay to have their stuff show up. And the same would be true for job search frights I indeed or monster right. As a bad guy, I can post pay money to post a fake job on there, and then you click on it because it looks interesting to you and you get sucked down a rabbit hole or next thing, you know, well, we'd love to hire you, but you're going to have to pay for some training upfront, or you're going to have to buy this piece of equipment upfront and then we'll pay you back, or we're going to send you a check for you to go do something and then you know, the check bounces and they get your money. There's all kinds of different ways they'll try to follow you down these rabbit holes, and again, sadly, this happens all the time. The good news, though, is there are organizations out there like the FBI and the FTC and the Better Business Bureau warning about this stuff and putting out information to help you stay in front of these scams. You know, know what the red flags are to know what to do if you think you're a victim of one of these scams?
Speaker 2: So what what do you do?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, that, I mean the most basic thing probably is a if it seems too good to be true, like someone wants to pay you one hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year to work from your home filling out envelopes or something, probably a scam. Right, you know that the old adage, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. You know, you need to need to understand this concept of search engine poisoning and that anything can be spoofed online and in some cases, bad guys will spend a little bit of money to make a lot of money. Right, So I'll spend money to post fake jobs on a site. I'll spend money to make something ranked high in a search engine, so you're likely to click on it, not realizing that it could be some spoof, fogus thing. You know. Probably the takeaways though, are, if suddenly something drops out of the sky on your lap, some job, it just seems too good to be true, you know, be wearing and be skeptical, do your own research on the job, on the company, obviously, you can try to find the website of the company, you can try to reach out to people there. And also anytime no one will talk to you in person or at least over some type of zoom call or teams or something like that. You know, the FBI and FTC have both warned about scammers who will want you to download an app and then they're going to interview you by texts to the app like a WhatsApp or signal or something like that, you know, almost guaranteed to be a scam. No reasonable hiring department, no HR people are going to conduct an interview completely by text. And also if you find yourself in that hiring funnel, especially if it was an unsolicited thing, and then they want you to spend money up front, and I would point out, you know, I've worked with the headhunters and recruiters in the pass. No reasonable reputable headhunter is going to ask you to pay. They get paid when they get you placed, right, And I always try to remind people who tell me, well, I don't want to work with headhunters and recruiters. They are heavily incentivized to help you find a job and to also maximize the offer value because they generally get a percentage from the employer where you're placed, So the higher they can help you drive your initial salary up, the better for them. You know, it might be twenty to thirty percent of that. But my real point is if a recruiter contacts you because they found your profile on LinkedIn or saw you're posting on Indeed or glassdoor or Monster or whatever, and they want you to pay upfront, almost guaranteed to be a scam. Again, most reputable recruiters get paid by the employer. So anytime someone is asking you to spend money or do something up front, you know, fill out some form of real sensitive information, real early in the process, before you can firm it's legit. You should be extremely skeptical of that. And again I would encourage folks go read what the FTC. They've got a whole page about job scams and a site where you can report these things. FBI has a ton of information, Better Business Bureau, and even organizations like Indeed, these job posting boards will typically have online resources to help you understand what the latest state of these sorts of scams are and ultimately how you can avoid them. So the good news, Gary Jeffers, there's a lot of resources out there to help you avoid these kinds of things. You know. The bad news is the bad guys know, most people aren't even aware this sort of scam is taking place, and you know, just be super skeptical.
Speaker 1: I do want to requite correct you on one thing, Dave, And you said that you know, no employer, no HR department is going to conduct an interview by text. I don't have personal experience, but I understand that hookers and drug dealers, actually you do, you do recruit them via text.
Speaker 2: Somebody told me, Okay, well I would not.
Speaker 5: That may be true. Okay, that may be true. I don't have personal.
Speaker 2: Neither do I.
Speaker 1: I was just saying it would seem like I've heard something like that, Uh, Google is no stranger to being sued for anti trust violations. And there's another DOJ anti trust case looming, and a judge has blasted Google, which I know is one of your favorite. In fact, if you can think of all the Internet companies there are in the universe, Google's probably your favorite. I know from our previous discussions, Dave Hatter. But this judge has blasted Google over destroyed evidence.
Speaker 2: They're shredding it.
Speaker 1: They're they're burning the document, they're bleach bitding, they're they're pounding computer.
Speaker 2: No, that was somebody else.
Speaker 1: No, Google apparently has been destroying evidence in this upcoming case, and a judge called him at it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So Google has gotten a lot of ad press recently, a variety of privacy types of issues, and this just seems to be another sort of example of that where we see that they say one thing and do another. You know, in this particular case, they've apparently allegedly, you know, according to the reporting, and this story I think you're referring to is from the New York Post. I would encourage people to go read the detail for themselves, but you know, directly from this article, Google committed quote clear abuse of privilege unquote by implementing a policy to automatically deleted employee chat records. According to the judge overseeing a major Justice Department any trust trial targeting, it's alleged dignital advertising monopoly. Now, one of the things Google has been sued over from a monopoly standpoint is that they're paying other companies like Apple, for example, so that when you fire up your Apple phone and you open your Safari browser on Apple. Right and reminder, Google and their parent company Alphabet makes the Chrome web browser by far the most popular browser out there. Still, I would encourage people to stop using Chrome and switch to a more privacy friendly browser like Brave or Firefox or Safari. But what they've done is they've struck deals with these companies so that even if you're using the Safari browser on Apple, it will automatically use the Google search engine. So again I always try to I think people get these concepts confused. Right. Chrome is a web browser. Safari is a web browser. It is a tool that allows you to access websites. Google has a search engine, Brave has a search engine. Microsoft has the Being search engine. So I can use the Google search engine from any browser, or I can not use the Google search engine and use a different search engine like Brave for example, with a Google browser or not. My recommendation to people, and I'll come back to this specifically, would be to get a privacy friendly browser like Brave or Firefox, or if you're an Apple person, a Safari works pretty good. And then you can change the default settings I mean, so that it doesn't go to Google, or you just if it loads to Google search engine, you just go to a different search engine like Brave or start Page or duff duckto something that's more privacy friendly. But the lawsuit itself is all around these deals they've struck where they make billions of dollars to make themselves the default search engine. And then again when you dig into this story, you see that evidence that would be pertinent to this case again allegedly. I'm just telling you what has been reported. It doesn't look good for Google. It appears that they are, you know, attempting to eliminate evidence that would be relevant in this particular lawsuit that shows that they have you know, done these monopolistic practice. A couple of last highlights from this particular article brink them a who ultimately decide Google statement trials to the Walker memo contained quote incredible smoking guns unquote, and then later went on to say, quote an awful lot of evidence has likely been destroyed unquote. So when people say, and again, my major issue with Google is privacy washing, they say one thing and do another. They make enormous amounts of money off your data with these so called free services, right where you're actually the product, not the customer, because the trade off you're making is their data. And I'm not saying that that is necessarily bad or nefarious. It's just that people don't understand the trade off and then they do all these privacy washing sort of things. So this lawsuit bears watching. You know, there have been a lot of punnets speculating it's going to potentially cause the breakup of Google. We'll see.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you've touted often Apple as being more privately privacy friendly than a lot of these other tech companies, and yet there's a story out that that hundreds of apps on Apple App Store openly admit to providing sensitive data to China. Can you talk for a moment or two about what this is all about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would love to. So I think you've made an interesting point there, Gary Jasen, I will tell you as a business, Apple themselves generally tend to be more privacy and security friendly than their competitors like Google. Now, none of these big tech companies are perfect, but the rationale for why I make that argument about Apple today could change tomorrow is their business model is different. What does Google make and sell to you? And the answer is other than I mean the average consumer. You've got the Android operating system for Android based phones, and then Google makes some phones, some Pixel phones. But most of their money, if you look at where their revenue comes from, comes from your data, from people using their free quote unquote Chrome browser, from people using their free quote unquote search engine, their free quote unquote Gmail platform for email, which is sucking up enormous about.
Speaker 3: The data about you.
Speaker 5: Whereas Apple sells hardware and software, I'm not saying they don't collect your data, and certainly apps that are then deployed on their platform are so. To your point, I strongly encourage folks. You know, there's been a big revelation recently about Tmu, which is kind of a Chinese based answer to Amazon, and warnings about TIMU. You and I have talked about TikTok many times, if you really want to understand the kind of information that is being collected about you by third party apps. To take Google and Apple out of the equation for a second, and in my mind, what we're talking about here is they're just merely a platform to run an app on. So you download TikTok, you download team ud, you download WhatsApp, whatever it is you know at that point. And to Apple's credit, they came up with this app tracking and transparency framework, where as a vendor who wants to deploy software on an Apple device, you must disclose the information you want to collect and potentially allow someone to opt out of it. Anyone can go at any time to the Apple App Store and look up the privacy label for something like TikTok or temuod and it will show you somewhat like the nutrition label on food, the information that's being collected. And I think most people if they would take the time to do this before they would download an app, especially an app from China controlled by the Chinese Communist Party and the People's Republic of China, because their laws mandate to all of these companies must do whatever they're told. Think it would be quite shocking to most people. So that's the rub in this case. It's not that Apple is necessarily collecting this data. It's that these third party apps, particularly those coming from Chinese sources controlled by the People's Republic of China, are essentially Chinese byware because all of the sensitive data they're collecting and they're telling you they're collecting it. If you look at that privacy label, right, is ultimately exposed to the PRC.
Speaker 2: How many people really read the terms of privacy? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, Gary, Jeff, very few And I get it. You know, the terms of service, It's eighty pages of mumbo jumbo. It's all legal leads. You can't understand it. I totally get it. But one of the reasons why I love to chat about this with you is hopefully every time someone listens to this, I know no one is going to read the terms of service. But if you would just take the time to look at the Apple privacy label in the Apple Store. Google has a similar thing, now they were sort of forced into it thanks to Apple doing this. It will give you some insight into why does an app like TikTok need to basically collect virtually every single piece of information off your phone. How does that help you? Any answer that doesn't. It helps them because a if it is a legitimate app, they're monetizing that data. And b if it's some sort of you know, propaganda spyware tool from an adversarial nation, they're getting extremely detailed and sensitive information about people in America. I would say that's not a good thing. And of course, you know many people have warned about this besides me, So look at the app privacy label. In many cases it will be mind blowing.
Speaker 1: I'm watching the clock here, Dave Hatter, and it looks like our time is just about up. So we will save the story about the devil robot dogs in combat that Ukraine is. These are nine what are they nine thousand dollars a piece or that seems cheap like that, that seems.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, it's very inexpensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And I'm telling you this is the future of warfare, of kinetic warfare, I mean, and it seems like something out of a sci fi movie, but it's actually happening right now as we speak. They're deploying these these attack robot dogs on the front lines as Kama Kazis to face off against the Russian troops. I just I don't have a lot of faith for where this is all going, but we'll see. Dave Hatter, thank you, as always, my friend, for being our alarmist in chief. We need you rut there to warn us.
Speaker 5: I'm strapping on my tin Forlhatt and heading back to the bunker my pleasure, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 2: As always, all right, brother, Thank you so much. Happy Labor Day.
Speaker 1: We continue with some great guests tonight on our holiday special. Hang around, It's all ahead on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Meanwhile, in the enchented forest, Eddie and Rocky are on the yellow Brick Road.
Speaker 2: Dude, we're trying to find the wizard.
Speaker 9: We got to get home, man, Our audience is counting on us.
Speaker 7: All you have to do, Eddie is click your ruby slippers three times.
Speaker 9: Are you wearing those again?
Speaker 7: I thought you littler caught him some slack, Rocky. They do look stylish. Thank you, Eddie and Rocky. Give your day a fairy tale ending Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow afternoon at three on.
Speaker 9: Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: Get ready to win your way to.
Speaker 15: Our twenty twenty four iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capitol.
Speaker 2: One, and.
Speaker 1: It is Gary Jeff Bon Labor Day, and our next guest is well, he's not only was the long arm of the law for many, many years, but he is still fighting for all of our constitutional rights and he's been a constitutional freedom fighter. I would say his name is Sheriff Richard Mack. First and foremost, welcome to the program. Sheriff Mack, how are you.
Speaker 16: Thank you so much. Gary, It's great to be with you. I'm doing great and I wish America was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've certainly been doing your part from what I have learned about in what I knew about you before we sat down for this chat. Coming up at the end of this week this Friday and Saturday in Orlando floor is the Foundation for Freedom conference that you are heading up. And the call has been out to invite patriots, leaders, sheriffs from all around the country and elected officials to come in to participate, and speakers from across the nation will be there to help him power and revive our country, one county at a time, which has been your hallmark as a sheriff. First and foremost, tell me, Sheriff Mac, where you were sheriff in Arizona.
Speaker 16: What county, Okay, it was Graham, like Graham Cracker, gotcha. And that's in the southeast part of the state. And it's just one county above the border the Mexican border. Only co Chise County separates Graham County from the border.
Speaker 1: What's amazing to me is that in this current presidential campaign, you have one side now saying a person who said, not one wall of border mile, not one mile of border wall will ever, not one foot will be built. And this was her assertion all along, and they stopped President Trump's plans to help protect our southern border with that wall and the other policies that President Trump had in place when he was our chief executive.
Speaker 2: Our commander.
Speaker 16: Wall was there down exactly.
Speaker 1: And selling the scrap for you know, selling the rusted out wall that they left there for junk. So anyway, they've already wasted all that money, wasted our time, and in the meantime allowed our country to be well borderless essentially, except for people like you and other sheriffs who are on the front lines of this every day. And you want to talk about on the front lines. You're one county from the Mexican border in Graham County, Arizona. But now, of course, because of the Biden Harris administrations want to an ability to fly these foreign criminal trespassers in on airplanes and bust them all over the country after they cross illegally on our southern border to cities all over America. I heard an interview this week with a woman in Aurora, Colorado, that's quite a ways from the southern border, and the entire she said, entire city blocks have been taken over by this violent Venezuelan gang. And I'm not sure of the name of this game. It really doesn't matter what the name is. They're criminals and they've been allowed to come into this country and break our laws. And now they're breaking the laws in Aurora, Colorado and one hundred other cities across this country. Why has this been allowed to happen? And you say sheriffs can play a key role, and they have. In Florida, forty four out of sixty seven counties, the sheriffs have said, you know, our constitution is more important than your illegal, unconstitutional federal dictates. And you had a great success in eliminating as far as our Second Amendment rights, our constitutional god given Second Amendment rights of carrying firearms. You had this big victory at the Supreme Court, But tell me how sheriffs are actually in where they have the courage and they have the constitutional conviction to fight what the federal government has allowed in having our laws broken over and over and over again by millions. What are sheriffs doing and what can sheriffs do in each county?
Speaker 16: Well, first of all, the sheriff is the clio and in my Supreme Court case, and people need to know this, this is the only time in history where a couple of sheriffs sued the federal government, took it all the way to the Supreme Court and won against the overreach of the Clinton administration. So one of my favorite clips is I sued the Clintons and lived to tell about it and knowing that we beat them. And so the thing of it is that the federal government will continue to do whatever it wants until somebody says, you're not doing that here and the constitution does not allow you to do that. And I'm sworn to upholl and defend the Constitution, And just because you don't doesn't mean I'm going to go along with you. Quite to the contrary. I will defend the constitution, I will keep my oath of office, and I will protect the civil rights. Has anybody heard of civil rights lately? Martin Luther King's civil rights battle? You know, our organization really pushes for civil rights for all people, and yet I get attacked for that all the time, that we don't follow the you know, we don't care about people, and we're racist, and we're bigots and all this other stuff. And these are supposedly people who really care about stopping racism and violence, and we actually really do that. But these other groups attack us because they said we're extremists and violent. We have never espoused or advocated violence of any kind. We've never committed an act of violence of any kind. And in twenty years of law enforcement, I never committed an act of violence. And now these groups want to say that I'm a domestic terrorist who are violent, and even one of them is the Southern Probably Law Center, and their lawyer was arrested recently in Atlanta for domestic terrorism. Nobody in our group has ever been arrested for that, but they do. But the key component of your question is this the sheriff is the ultimate detector of the people. The Supreme Court case called us who sued the federal government, they called this the clios the chief law enforcement officer. And indeed, your sheriff is the ultimate law enforcement authority in your county and in this country. And another reason why he is is because he reports directly to you. He does not report to another bureaucrat, to another politician, or to a county manager or town manager. His only boss. Now get this, folks, his only boss is you. We, the people in your county, are the boss of the sheriff. And every four years we determine if we want to keep him, if he's been doing his job, we decide, and we delegate that power to be our CLEO. He gets that power from us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the sheriff.
Speaker 16: That's why he's important. That's why he's such an important position.
Speaker 1: The sheriff of Hamilton County does not report to the mayor. It doesn't report to the council. And I think that the sheriff of Hamilton County, Ohio ought to remember that.
Speaker 2: And Richard K.
Speaker 1: Jones, who's the sheriff of Butler County, that that's a guy who's got some Yeah, Jones.
Speaker 16: I saw him come out on the news about COVID stuff. And we had a probably five hundred and fifty different sheriff's nationwide who stood against the COVID mandates, and God bless every one of them for doing it. And we've had you alluded to the Second Amendment. We have had twice sheriffs take a very strong stand against the White House and against Washington d c moves to make local citizens criminals just for owning a gun, and so sheriffs have stood against that. Our case saved the Second Amendment, and our case stopped other legislation that was going to be passed because we've won on Brady Bill one and the Brady Buil movement named for James Brady, who is the press secretary from Ronald Reagan who got shot during the assassination attempt on Reagan in March of nineteen eighty one. We found out after Brady Bill one that we beat Brady Bill's two, three, four, and five all got stopped because a couple of sheriffs beat number one at the US Supreme Court. And so sheriffs have been doing a lot to save America. And we love it when sheriffs take a stand, and it's called interposition. We're not talking about a physical fight with the federal government. We're talking about standing in the way, which is interposition.
Speaker 2: All right, hang on, Sheriff, Sheriff Max.
Speaker 5: That's what our job is.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk more about this in just a moment. I've got to take a real quick break and we'll come back.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got it. You got a sheriff Richard Mack. It's Gary Jeff on Labor Day.
Speaker 14: Tired of wandering the aisles at Walgreens trying to find the best deals. Well, we've got something that will make your shopping experience a whole lot sweeter. Introducing Drop, the app that rewards you with free gift cards just for doing your everyday shopping. Whether it's groceries, toiletries, are your favorite snacks. With Drop, every purchase earns you points towards fantastic rewards.
Speaker 9: Download the Drop app now.
Speaker 14: Use code Drop five to five when you sign up to get five dollars in points.
Speaker 17: At one hour heating and air conditioning, our team can recommend the right AC unit based on your needs and budget. Called eight five to five one hour or visit one hour air Dot com time independently owned and operated license in their respective state or county. At bats are us, We're terrible.
Speaker 1: As we continue our conversation with our lead CLEO this morning, and Sheriff Richard Back joins us.
Speaker 2: And there is a huge conference first year.
Speaker 1: If I want to talk about this conference that's coming up at the end of this week in Orlando, Florida, where you're inviting sheriffs and elected leaders and patriots who care about our constitution and our country to gather together for this two day event Friday and Saturday this week. Tell me a little bit more about the conference, maybe who you've got lined up to come already, and what you're expecting out of this.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's September sixth and seventh, as you mentioned, this coming weekend, and we have Sheriff's County Commissioners, the Black World Regiment, which is a group of pastors who believe in standing for liberty and standing for civil rights. We've got the ApoA, the American Police Officers Alliance CSPOA, our group, Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, the Florida Freedom Foundation, and there's a lot of people signing up in Florida and several sheriffs from Florida and people who kind of as you alluded to earlier, were creating sanctuary counties for a constitution and creating constitutional counties. Those people are going to be there, and I believe that's call your county. But we have constitutional lawyers who are going to be talking about the process and the legality of all of this. But the bottom line is we have maintained since I was sheriff, I've been fighting for this, and then I formed the CSPOA twenty eleven. But we've been saying that if the federal government or any other government agent or bureaucrat is contrary to the Constitution, that is it is not wait and see if the Supreme Court will take a case on that. And then even though that's exactly what I did, but it's too costly and it's too time consuming, and then and by this sixth or seventh year, the Supreme Court says, now, I don't guess we'll take it. That means the abuse continued all that time and will continue. And when when people are being abused and their civil rights are being violated, like Martin Luther King, Martin Luther King was arrested over thirty times by corrupt government officials. Okay, let's just be real here. His battle was against corrupt government. Donald Trump's battle is the same one as Martin Luther King's corrupt government going after him. He's been arrested or charged over Yeah, he was arrested over three times, just like Martin Luther King. They both had the same fight, folks, against corrupt government. Wouldn't it have been great if some sheriffs would have said, I'm sorry, but you're not going to arrest Martin Luther King this time just because he's having a peaceful march or peaceably assembling, and same thing with Trump. Some sheriff should have stood in the way and said, no, I don't think you're going to do that in my county. But I guess that would have been Palm Beach County when they went through Marilgo and did all that. H Yeah, but this two tier justice system that exists, folks, it's not to take to the Supreme Court. It's to stop at the county level. And it's something that sheriff should be doing, and it's something we promised to do when we took our oath of allegiance to the Constitution.
Speaker 1: It's amazing to me, Sheriff Mac, how many times you have referenced now taking an oath that you took seriously, obviously to uphold and defend our constitution.
Speaker 2: These elected corrupt officials take.
Speaker 1: The same oath and it's like it was like they just said, yeah, I'll have another glass of water.
Speaker 2: It meant nothing to them. Obviously.
Speaker 1: Their actions actions speak volumes way louder than words, and their actions have proven them unfit to hold these offices because the first thing they do when they get into office is violate their oath.
Speaker 16: Yeah, right after say take the oath, they summarily ignore it or wittingly violate it. And that's the one thing that got to me the most. And that's actually why we formed the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, so that we could bring attention back to our promise and our oath and to our job and responsibility. And that's why it's there. And I had a reporter from Michigan Commony just a couple of weeks ago and he said, man, you've really done a job in Michigan. I said, why do you say that? He said, just about every single sheriff race in Michigan is talking about constitutional sheriffs and which Canada is the most constant visional Jerra and I said, well, that's good to hear. I hope they vote for the right one.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, if somebody wants to they've got the free time. I don't have the free time to fly to Orlando this weekend, although that sounds really nice. But if somebody still wants to attend the Foundation for Freedom conference coming up on Friday and Saturday this week, is there a way? Is there a path for them or a website?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 16: And Gary, I will tell you, I will personally comp you a hotel room at the hotel that's taking place at and that's the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando. Pretty nice place.
Speaker 1: If if I did, if I did not have to work, and if I if I don't work, I don't get paid.
Speaker 2: There's no PTO for Jerry Jebs.
Speaker 5: Funny thing about that.
Speaker 16: But if you could make it all right, my offer stands. But everyone should be going to our website and all I know, the simple one is CSPOA dot org. And at that site you can become a member of the CSPOA Posse and we help train you to work with your sheriff locally. But this event will be all about that and more, and that is saving America from what's coming. And there's intel that there's going to be some real attacks on our infrastructure in October seventh from Hamasque going after us one year after the day that they went after Israel and killed kids and tortured kids and other things that they did. And there's going to be an attack from within because because the open border has allowed tens of thousands of terrorists to come into our country, and they have and they're not here to play tittleweeks, folks. They're going to do an attack. An intel has said that it's going to be October seventh, but whenever it is, I don't care the date, but it's going to happen, and we need to be prepared and we need to be prepared for the violence that will come as a result of the election coming up, what November sixth looks like, and we want sheriff and the public to be prepared. How is our infrastructure being protected, the grid, our water supplies and so on. Are they being protected? Do we really realize that they need protection and they need security, but this meeting will be addressing a lot of that and a lot more how we can work we the people and keep this a peaceful movement to restore our constitution and maintain our God given constitutional republic.
Speaker 1: Amen, Sheriff Richard Mack, Thank you so much. Give me that quick little address again.
Speaker 16: Okay, c SPOA dot org. That's where you on the front page. It will talk about the Freedom Foundation Conference. You're all welcome. You get there and you're gonna love it. It's something that we've got to do. This is not a wake up tour meeting. This is a plan of action event, and it's go back into your counties, talk to your sheriffs and your friends and get your posse going and get preparations going for what's coming this fall.
Speaker 2: Sheriff Richard Mack.
Speaker 1: I pray you're successful because your success means survival for our country.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 16: Well, I'm afraid you're right. I'm afraid you're right. This is a this is the last ditch, last hope.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much. I you know what, and I'm not depressed. I'm encouraged. How about that? Amen?
Speaker 1: All right, Sheriff Richard Mack with us It's Gary Jeff on Labor Day.
Speaker 6: This news sponsored by a Door and Window. We sell the best and service the rest, news, traffic and weather.
Speaker 7: News Radio seven hundred wl W Cincinnati's.
Speaker 18: Spending Labor Day celebrating workers in unions with a ten thirty reports.
Speaker 9: I'm Lee mawin Breaking Now.
Speaker 18: Democratic nominee and Vice President Kamala Harris spent Labor Day on a campaign blitz courting union voters. Harris teamed up with President Joe Biden in the battleground state of Pennsylvania, making their first joint campaign appearance since Harris became the nominee. ABC Senior White House correspondent Selena Wang reports in.
Speaker 19: Their first joint campaign appearance since Kamala Harris replaced Joe Biden at the top of the ticket in Biden's home state of Pennsylvania, Harris working to win over critical union voters with the boost from Joe Biden, who calls himself the most pro labor president in history.
Speaker 4: Problem amasider, these are the spine in.
Speaker 19: This economy, and Harris for the first time, making it clear that she liked the President is opposed to the proposed sale of US Steel to nip On Steel.
Speaker 9: Of Japan. Before the stop in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 18: Tonight, Harris kicked off the holiday blitz in Detroit what she met with union members and delivered remarks at Northwestern High School.
Speaker 2: When unions an America is.
Speaker 18: She later added, so on Labor Day and every day we celebrate the dignity of work, the dignity of work. We celebrate unions because unions help build America, and unions help build America's middle class.
Speaker 9: Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 18: We still have the right lane blocked on IF seventy one northbound, that is between the Columbia Parkway exit and the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge. So make sure you avoid the right lane if all possible on Force seventy one north heading into Ohio.
Speaker 7: Now the latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Much cooler through the overnight tonight, all thanks to a northeast wind in that low humidity, Mostly clear skies as we dropped down to fifty three through the early parts of your Tuesday Wednesday from the northeast at ten to fifteen miles per hour Tuesday afternoon. Plenty of sunshine to start we'll see a few passing clowns in a hive of seventy eight. From there on out, We're warming up eighty seven. Partly cloudy on Wednesday, mostly sunny eighty seven Thursday. Our next chance at rain comes Friday. From your severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Media ronalds Just Brandon Spinner News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: It's currently sixty five degrees and nothing on the radar. The social media platform formerly known as Twitter is banned in another country.
Speaker 9: ABC's Day Packer with the details.
Speaker 20: Brazil Supreme Court backing a decision to block Elon Musk's platform X, which has been non compliant with local laws, just as Alijandro Dimoreys had ordered. The block along with daily fines for VPN users trying to access the site. The decision part of a larger conflict over free speech and misinformation, with Brazil being one of x's largest markets. The block remains until exapoints illegal representative and pays over three million dollars in fines.
Speaker 2: Dave Packer e a.
Speaker 18: Child playing with a lighter caused a two story residential Townholme to go up in flames, happening Monday, afternoon in the forty two hundred block of Hawaiian Terrence. Smoke was spotted from the second floor. Exterior crews contained the fire in twenty minutes, with six people displaced from their homes. Twenty five thousand dollars of damages were reported by the Cincinnati Fire Department, who also made the determination of what caused the blaze.
Speaker 9: What passed in the.
Speaker 18: Special session in May was struck down by a federal judge just hours before it became law. House Bill one was passed to stop foreign donations the state and local ballot issue campaigns, also prohibiting lawful permanent residents or Green card holders for making contributions. US District Michael Watson, who was appointed by George W. Bush, ruled HB one was likely unconstitutional as federal law allows permanent residents to use their First Amendment rights for political speech. It's already illegal and federal law to have foreign money in elections.
Speaker 9: Our next update is at eleven.
Speaker 18: I'm lee mawin news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Guess our calling in on the seven hundred WLW hotline backed by Guilty Trusted pros everyone knows.
Speaker 21: Get ready for Genesis Diamonds epic engagement ring event showcasing the world's two biggest designers at the same time.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm David Cooper at Genesis Diamonds. Next weekend.
Speaker 21: At Genesis, we're showcasing the entire collections of both to Corey and Veraggio. These are the premier designers that everybody wants, but only Genesis Diamonds is allowed to carry. See hundreds of the latest creations from Verraggio. Every ring is handcrafted by true artisans with unmatched attention to detail. Viragio is the only ring that can be customized for every woman's specific desires. At this event, you can see the entire collection and enjoy savings as much as five thousand dollars on your engagement ring. Plus, we're bringing in a new selection of GIA certified diamonds in all shapes and all sizes for this annual event. Exquisite diamond straight from the cutters so you can create the perfect ring with special incentives, take advantage of zero interest financing and get up to five thousand dollars off. Don't miss this spectacular three day bridal event. It's next weekend, September thirteenth through fifteenth and only at Genesis Diamonds on Montgomery Road.
Speaker 9: If a friend asks how you're doing.
Speaker 1: You know you couldn't have a Labor Day show without having labor be one of your topics you covered.
Speaker 2: It just makes sense.
Speaker 1: So I contacted the National Right to Work Committee and the National Right to Work Legal Foundation Defense Foundation, and we got Patrick Simmons, the VP, the vice president of that organization to talk to us about what lies ahead for the American worker, because we've heard Kamala Harris and now her vice presidential candidate Tim Walls talk about protecting jobs and middle class jobs and how the unions are the only way to do this. Harris has repeatedly called for eliminating right to work laws nationwide and forcing workers across the country to pay union dues just to stay employed. When she was a California Attorney General, she admitted an illegal brief that union bosses have substantial power to harm workers interests. But of course, Kamala has been recently known to flip flop on a lot of stated convictions that she apparently had in the past. We don't know who the real Kamala Harris is. That's another question entirely and actually it is the question at hand here for Patrick Simmons, How are you doing, Patrick.
Speaker 5: I'm doing well.
Speaker 3: Good to be with you.
Speaker 1: Do you think that there's any chance in hell that Kamala Harris is going to reverse her position on right to work laws around the country.
Speaker 22: No, you know, obviously there's been a lot of policy areas where she seems to kind of be floating with the wind and uh huh, maybe trying to obtsuscate some of her past views. But she has been very consistent in advocating that every worker in America should be forced to pay money to a union boss as a condition of getting or keeping a job. She's called the elimination of right to work clause, as you noted, And she's actually even gone further. She suggested that entire sectors should be unionized in a process that wouldn't be about what workers wanted, but be about empowering union bosses just to a massive exponential degree.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems that philosophy seems right in step with Kamalas and the Democrats want to take control over all of our lives in the collective. You know, it's so communist, It is just so socialist. Slash communist. That leads, of course to Marxism and Mayhem. When you have these collective kind of views about everything, that we're all in this together thing. I hate that because it kind of violates the spirit of a constitution that protects the individual's rights and not a group.
Speaker 2: And we've seen a lot of that in this country.
Speaker 22: Yeah, that's right, and that's very much the view. It's a top down view. It's an idea that union bosses know better than workers what their interests are. And you referenced it in the intro. You know, there was a Supreme Court case out of California. A bunch of public school teachers there were saying that, hey, the First Amendment should mean that we should not be required to fund union officials, who all they do is they take our money and they spend it on their own agenda, an agenda that they often disagree with. And in that case, Kala Harris, in her brief as Attorney General for the State of California, admitted that union officials have wide lead way to take all sorts of positions that are harmful for many of those workers who she would want and she advocate and at the time were forced but of course, since the Supreme Court ruled in a subsequent case argued actually by the National Right to Work Foundation that the first mement means they cannot be forced to pay. But she said quite clearly she thinks they should be forced to pay. And the fact that they're harmed by the very union so called representation, that doesn't matter. That they should still be required to pay up or be fired.
Speaker 1: You guys at the National Right to Work Committee and the Legal Defense Foundation have fought tooth and nail, and one of the things you fought so hard for is to help these states out with their right to work laws.
Speaker 2: There are twenty six states that have right to work laws.
Speaker 1: And the Harris Back pro Act big labor bill that their aim is to wipe out by federal fiat, not even by any act of Congress or vote of Congress, just by saying, you know what, we're in charge, screw you.
Speaker 2: You don't have the right to work, no matter what the Supreme Court says.
Speaker 22: Yeah, the pro Act is the top legislative priority of every major union in the country, and Kamala Harris was a co sponsor of it when she was in the Senate. She's been a vocal advocate for it ever since President Biden, when to the extent he knows what's still going on, he's been fully on board for.
Speaker 5: It as well.
Speaker 22: And if they get the votes to you know, and even if it means eliminating the filibuster, you can fully expect that they're going to push this. And to your point, they're also looking for ways to do this type of thing without going through Congress. Because you know, we know, voluntary unionism and right to work is popular. Polls consistently show seventy five eighty percent of Americans support right to work, which doesn't stop anyone from joining a union if they want, don't stop anyone from paying dues if they want, but it means it cannot be required and you cannot be forced to pay under threat of turn nation. So voluntary unionism is popular. Forced union it is unpopular. But a Harris presidency is not about what's best for rank and file workers. It's about her allies in the headquarters that you'll see around washing DC if you ever go there, the big marble buildings where the union bosses work as they purport to advocate for the rank and file, but actually advocate against their freedoms and their choices.
Speaker 1: Michigan, one of the so called electoral battleground states, the swing state could decide the election abandon right to work this year.
Speaker 2: And what's been the result.
Speaker 22: Well, it's been bad news. I mean, and at the Nation Right to Work Foundation, we of course end up hearing about it firsthand from workers. We've had a major uptick in cases from Michigan workers because you know, Michigan was a right to work state for a decade. It saw excellent economic growth over that period of time. But you know, it also meant workers could hold unions accountable, so if they like what the union is doing, they could pay. If they didn't like what they're doing, they weren't forced to. Now, all of a sudden, with right to work repeal taking effect earlier this year, suddenly we've got all these workers who are being threatened. Many of them are being threatened even beyond what is legal. We had a case recently for a woman she was told, hey, you got to sign a union dues deduction card or else we're going to be fired. She filed a charge with the National Liberlations Board because that's a blatant violation of long standing law and not only did they not back down the next month, they just began taking the money anyway, even though she didn't sign the card to begin with. And these are the cases we're seeing all across Michigan because workers are feeling in the front of this and they're suddenly finding that instead of the choice that they had and they enjoyed for ten years, suddenly it's pay up or be fired. And it doesn't matter that you know, you don't like what the union is doing. It doesn't matter that the union may be taking political positions that you disagree with. That's something we frequently hear from workers all across the country, but including in Michigan. They don't like the political positions and the candidates often that union officials back, and they of course want to back them with workers' money, and workers money that is frequently paid under threat of termination.
Speaker 1: Patrick Simmons a National Right to Work Foundation. We will discuss a little bit further here in just a moment after a break, it's Gary Jeff fun Labor Day.
Speaker 15: Get ready to win your way to our twenty twenty four iHeartRadio Music Festival, presented by Capital One and one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Mowler We're talking with Patrick Simmons, the vice president of the National Right to Work Foundation, And it's Labor Day.
Speaker 2: How's that? Gary Jeff on Labor Day?
Speaker 1: And Patrick, we're back Anti Israel union bosses on colon as campuses have been forcing Jewish students to fund their activities.
Speaker 2: How are they doing that?
Speaker 22: Yeah, well, this is the product of the kind of the intersection of a couple different aspects of outrageous coercive force unionism. So it actually goes back to an Obama era ruling that said graduate students could be forcibly unionized, and then of course in states without right to work laws, that means they can be forced to pay dues or be fired. And so you know, this is happening all across the country. We had a group of M I. T grad students come to us and they were furious that their union, supposedly their union, was spending all this time talking about Israel and uh. And these were Jewish students and yet the union there, an old line communist union, was was making all sorts of radical you know, comments about partheid, apartheid and basically you know, and they found this deeply offensive on religious grounds and also just you know that they're being forced to associate with this and this union was taking their money and spending it on these types of things. So we had a long running case that just concluded and they were able to get out. They use the Civil Rights Acts Religious liberty protections to make sure that their money wasn't going to that union. But you know, it's a really complicated process, and it's one that they shouldn't have to go through at all. And of course, if you know, if it was a right to work situation, they wouldn't have to to fund these activities. But it's a big problem. And even when they're not forced to fund the union, they're still stuck under the representation of unions that take these types of positions. We've got a case currently pending at the US Supreme Court right now for a group of City University of New York professors. They're Jewish as well. The union there again takes all sorts of anti is Reel position, some of them are from Israel, and they just they find this deeply offensive that they're forced to associate with its union, and the State of New York say, these are your appointed representatives. They represent you to us. The government and so they've got a case penning at the Supreme Court. It's received about a dozen a meekas briefs just in the last couple of weeks asking or backing their petition, asking the Supreme Court to hear the case and their point of view. And the argument they make is that, look, the First Amendment means we can't be forced to fund these unions. And that's what the Supreme Court argued or decided back in twenty eighteen in the Janus decision, which is we kind of reference that last segment. But now they're saying, also the First Amendment protect freedom association, and so the idea of having a forced represent representative on you is wrong.
Speaker 2: I mean, we you know, in this.
Speaker 22: Country, a you know, a guilty criminal gets to pick their own presentative. But you know, in order to be a professor at a public university, the State of New York has to appoint a representative to you, and one that takes all sorts of offensive positions. So we're hoping that could be a breakthrough.
Speaker 5: We'll probably learn the next.
Speaker 22: Few months if the Supreme Court is going to take that case. I mean, if they do, they could hold arguments next year.
Speaker 1: Sometime the National Labor Relation Board and they're a cmec's decision, if I'm pronouncing that right, gave union bosses the power to bypass traditional union elections. So in other words, you're you're forced to pay a union to represent you when you don't want to, and then you don't have any voice and who is leading the union.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah, it is crazy.
Speaker 22: And you know some of us remember back in twenty ten during the Obama years. At that time, they wanted to do this, but they knew it would take bill in Congress. They had the card Check Bill back then. It was very controversial, it was very unpopular, and ultimately went down because there was actually bipartisan opposition to it. But now the Biden Harris National Relations Board is basically implementing card check and they're doing so just through administrative procedures. And that's what the SEMEX decision does. It says that in the past, unions could collect cards, and we know that these are often collected under false pretenses. Workers are lied to about what the cards mean. We've had people being threatened. There was one case where someone said, you know, the union's going to come after your children if you don't sign the card, all sorts of coercion. They show up at your house, two three at a time, sometimes late at night. We've assisted workers who've had to call the police just to get union organized off their property. But these cards then get used instead of a secret ballot vote to impose the union on every single worker, even those who didn't sign, would never sign, oppose it, those who signed under false pretenses. And so that's what's going on now. And instead of the traditional system, which was the union could collect the card, they go to the employer, but the employer said, well, you know, let's hold a secret bowel vote. Just because someone says they'll, you know, signs the card when there's a few big burly union guys at their door doesn't mean that they're going to actually vote for that union when there's a secret ballot vote and their vote is private. But this NLRB has dispensed with over sixty or seventy years of precedent to mandate that card checks be accepted now.
Speaker 1: And that same Labor Relations Board under Biden and Harris, and we probably just should say Harris just nixt the Trump era election protection rule where union bosses can manipulate unverified allegations to stop workers from voting out the unions and for bid workers from asking for secret of elections to challenge unionization by card check.
Speaker 2: That's another component of this.
Speaker 22: Yeah, and just in case you had any you know, qualms that we're worried at all or unsure at all about what their goal is. I mean, this really kind of kind of lays it out. So on one hand, card checks to get in, but if you want a secret bowel election to vote out a union and incumbent union, suddenly they're making that extraordinarily difficult. And they're giving unions wide wide ability to kind of manipulate the system and block these votes. And we've seen these votes blocks for months and years at a time.
Speaker 5: We've had instances.
Speaker 22: Where the votes were all cast and then they ended up getting thrown out, never counted, And that's what's going on here. So in the past, when there was a card check situation, if enough workers got together, they could sign cards and force a secret bow vote by overturning the election protection rule, which they did just last months, and that'll go into effect at the end of September. Here that this is now no longer an option, and so you can get card checked into a union, you have no ability to challenge it with a secret ballot vote, and then once that union's in you could be stuck for years paying dues to a union that a majority in some instances might sign a petition saying we don't want but that doesn't matter to the Biden Harrison l RB.
Speaker 1: It sounds very much like the rest of the Democrat playbook when it all cost retain power at all costs, regardless of what the people say.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Patrick Simmons from the National Right to Work Foundation, thank you so much for filling in with us on Labor Day. Are you getting time and a half for this phone calls a holiday?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 22: No, we do like to celebrate Labor Day, so as soon as this is over, I will probably be manning the grill for a little bit later here.
Speaker 2: Very good sir, Thank you for your time.
Speaker 5: Glad to do it. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Got it, Gary Jeff Walker on Labor Day with some discussion about labor. How about that.
Speaker 6: Countdown to the Bengals Home over Centre by Rick Durrant. Philip's Jewelers voted best place to buy your Engagement rate kickoff in sixty day's gonna be on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals covering.
Speaker 7: News, traffic, and weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 18: Hitting the picket lines this Labor Day with the eleven o'clock report, I'm Ley Mawin breaking Now. Thousands of hotel workers hit the picket lines this Labor Day today in a strike targeting major hotel chains in several cities from Boston to Honolulu. Workers demanding higher pay, fareer workloads, and the reversal of COVID Era job cuts.
Speaker 9: As ABC's Trevor All reports.
Speaker 23: Thousands of hotel work for striking on one of the busiest travel weekends of the year. The walkouts began this weekend and after talks broke down between the Unite Here union and major hotel chains Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott and Omni. Michael Correa joining the picket line in Boston.
Speaker 4: Are they're worried about their shareholders and making them the millions that they get every single year.
Speaker 2: Wow, We're just trying. We're trying to survive.
Speaker 23: Strikes now happening in major cities like San Francisco and Seattle.
Speaker 18: Now many of the hotels say they willing to negotiate, but they also say they have contingency plans to make sure their businesses run smoothly. The strikes are set to continue tomorrow. Now, the latest traffic on Brother Together. The incident has been cleared. That vehicle fire on I four seventy one north between Columbia Parkway and the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge.
Speaker 9: That's cleared.
Speaker 18: Everything looks aoka outside that You're looking good, Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: Now the latest forecast from the Advanced Dentistry Weather Center Advanced Dentistry, the judgment free dental experience you've been looking for, No fear dot com.
Speaker 11: Motsally clear skuys through the overnight tonight. As our temperaters dip into the low fifties. We're fifty three degrees opening up our Tuesday with a northeast wind to ten miles per hour. As we go throughout your Tuesday, more sunshine, but we will see a few more clowns through the middle of the day. High temperature staying below normal, run around seventy eight with the northeast wind a ten to fifteen miles per hour. As we push on into Wednesday and Thursday, we're back at eighty seven both days with humidity on the rise. That brings our chance at rain come Friday. From your Severe Weather station. I'm nine First Warning Media, Rolinds Just Brandon Spinner News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: It's currently sixty four degrees at WLW headquarters. Nothing on the Radar. News is a service of Ralph's American Grill. In Wilmington. A man faces charges after shots fired in Wyoming.
Speaker 12: A man is now in custody at the Hamilton County Detention Center for allegedly opening fire on two women and a seven year old Sunday night in Wyoming. Deputy say it happened around eleven o'clock at a home on Oak Avenue. Two women had apparently gone there to rent a car from someone who lived on that street. Say an argument that ensued, which led to shots being fired. No one was hit by that gun fire. The suspect, identified as Miguel Fritz, took off. Six hours later, he was found by police and arrested. He's facing several charges now, including felonious assault and having weapons under disability. I'm Rick yu Chino, Who's radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Red's update.
Speaker 18: It's two in a row for the Red Legs with a five to three Labor Day win over the Houston Astros. Reliever Carson Spiers picks up the win, going two and a third with one run allowed on three hits, three walks, two strikeouts. Santiago espinal with two RBI going two for four. The Reds are off tomorrow, but resumed the three game series on Wednesday. Also today, the High A Dayton Dragons clinch a second half playoff spot in the Midwest League with a one nothing win at Great Lakes. It's the first trip to the playoffs since twenty seventeen. Dayton will host the Lake County Captains. They are the High A affiliate of the Cleveland Guardians on Tuesday, September tenth. The Dragons look for their first ever Midwest League championship since moving to Dayton for the two thousand season.
Speaker 9: Bengals update.
Speaker 18: The Captains were named quarterback Joe Burrow, senator Ted Carras, defensive end Sam Hubbard, safety Von Bell, linebackers Jermaine Pratt and a Keen Davis Gaither, offensive tackle Orlando Brown Junior, and kicker Evan McPherson. The twenty twenty four captains. Also reported by Charlie Clifford of WLWT, Olympic wrestler and former Lawrenceburg Tiger and Michigan Wolverine Mason Parrish working with the linebacker defensive end drills, saying it went well and hoping they can continue with the Bengals. The team opens the season Sunday at one against the New England Patriots at Peykor Stadium, and you see quarterback Brandon soaresby this week's Big twelve Newcomer of the Week in the thirty eight twenty win over Towsand our next update is at eleven thirty. I'm Lee Mawen News Radio seven hundred WLW at ben.
Speaker 1: We continue this Labor Day extravagans. Our next guest, I not know a whole lot about her, So the first part we'll be learning a little bit more about our guest, Gretchen Wallart, who is, among other things, she's a wife and mother. We know that we know that she's out in the middle of nowhere, which is someplace that sounds very appealing to me, and she's the author of the magic and mayhem of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: And Gretchen, welcome to the show.
Speaker 24: First, so Glad to be here.
Speaker 2: Great to have you.
Speaker 1: So anyway, the first thing I thought when I see any book title with Donald Trump, I said, this is going to sell some copies. Donald Trump is gold. Whether it's a riveting expose. I mean what Hillary paid what nine million dollars for a story on Donald Trump. So it's either people are diehard Trump's supporters and they see a title with Donald Trump, or they're big time detractors of Donald Trump. And there are certainly plenty of both in this country. And they see Donald Trump they want to learn more about who they hate so much, whether there's any reasonability towards that hatred or not.
Speaker 2: So I commend you on the title. This is good. And in this.
Speaker 1: Book you kind of talk about that deep divide in the country, and there is some magic to the man, no doubt about it. And Mayhem seems to follow him around or be injected into her persona by the media and other places.
Speaker 2: So tell me a little bit about you. First.
Speaker 1: Who's Gretchen Waller besides a wife and mom in Wyoming.
Speaker 24: Well, we farm and ranch here in Wyoming where we call it God Country. It's southeast Wyoming. We have a small business. I'm a teacher by education. I've got a history and English degree and I I have taught fourth and fifth grade for years, not currently teaching right now, involved in politics. My husband, we have cattle, We raised cattle, we raise alfalfa porn. So yeah, we're just kind of ordinary people out here in Wyoming. But you know my book, Magic and Mayhem of Donald Trump. It began in twenty sixteen when when Donald Trump came on the stage and I saw similarities. You know, as a teacher, I've taught Abraham Lincoln for years to young people and thought I knew a lot about him, But turns out I didn't know a lot about Abraham Lincoln and how similar he and Donald Trump really are. But that started my first book, Born to Fight Lincoln and Trump, and then this one came out of that.
Speaker 5: This is a.
Speaker 24: Strategic excerpt of that and just being able to see from a who this this incredible enigma and I call him that, Donald Trump, you know who. The Democrats can't start stop talking about him. He is he is everything. You know. That's the way it was with Lincoln in our divided nation as well, and we are so divided today, and you know, the Magic and Mayhem half the nation wants to incarcerate Donald Trumps just because they hate him, because he stood up and wants to stop their vision of America, which is you know, socialist and globalistic, apologetic week and government controlled people and and uh, you know. But the other half of the nation, they they want, uh, they almost want to make him into a saint. But there is a happy medium.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 5: There's magic to him.
Speaker 24: There's mayhem to him, and most of it is attached to him, but a lot of it he does himself. What he says, of course, comes out of mouth. He doesn't have a filter. But you know, I think about that and I think, you know, if we only knew what Donald Trump didn't say, then we would maybe appreciate that a little more. In the things that come out his mouth that we don't like, and that is a lot of the mayhem. But you know, he's an ordinary person and there's good and there's bad. But one thing he's doing is he's a fighter and he's standing up and he's fighting for our side right now. And part of that magic is he does not give up. And that's incredible at this point in history. Leading up to this selection.
Speaker 1: Gretchen, that fighter in Donald Trump that you mentioned was never on more clear display than on July thirteenth, when an assassin's bullet took off part of his ear and we almost lost him. And that fight, fight, fight that he came up from the podium, much to some of the Secret Service's chagrin, making himself a target again in case there was a second shooter. That fight, fight, fight thing, You're right, has been there from the very beginning, and it is fighting against the status quo in Washington and in these political circles inside the Beltway. It's fighting against the status quo of well, the government's really in charge, the people aren't in charge. You're just pleabs to make sure we fill our tax coffers and keep us in power. And that's how it feels to me personally. So I wouldn't say that I view the president President Trump as a savior necessarily, but I surely think that we're at this turning point. If we don't have someone with Donald Trump's moxie and Donald Trump's bravery, we don't get out of this hole that we've been put in by big government, by obese government.
Speaker 24: That's true. You know, when when the assassination attempt happened. Of course, that is iconic now, but that is Donald Trump's nature. He is a fighter and in times like that, when you realize that they're trying to kill me because of what I'm doing, that's that is his nature. He spent a lifetime, you know, punching back and fighting and standing up. And one thing that I sound interesting, you know, the people that don't like all the things he says and the fact that he is completely transparent and simply says what's in his head. That's a part of his mayhem. But you know, part of you know who he is, who he is. I know, he's he's one person. What he says, does and thinks is all the same thing. But some people, you know, and and Donald Trump is the first when he said it was God alone who prevented the unthinkable on that day. But I listen to Christian and friends of mine and they said, well, I hope Donald Trump now is humble, and you know, and I thought he did have a little bit of different attitude at the RNC. I think there was, but you know what, Donald Trump is going to be Donald Trump. He is not going to change. But what it did do is it absolutely made him come out doubling down on fighting. And you know, he spent a lifetime where people said if something was impossible, he would figure out a way to get it done. And that's what he does. And what that did, that assassination attempt did was even even make him more firm in fighting for America and bringing back all of that stuff that we have lost in the last four years and will lose if this election does not go our way, meaning you know, the America First Mega Donald Trump. It is incredibly we're at a crossroads and this is the election that's going to do it. And it's a tough job ahead, but Donald Trump is he's a fighter and he's ready for the job. He just won't go away. And thank goodness for that.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness for that.
Speaker 1: Talking to gregen Walert, the author of The Magic and Mayhem of Donald Trump. And we've got more conversation coming up. Gary, Jeff with you on Labor Day.
Speaker 14: Is getting gas at Chevron, burning a hole in your wallet, get the.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 1: Talking with gregen Walart, the author of The Magic and Mayhem of Donald Trump. A teacher by trade, the wife and a farmer's wife. See I come from farmer's stock. I was born in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, from a long line of people on one side of my family were farmers. And every time I go back. I haven't lived there more a couple of months of my early life, but visited several times to see relatives and stuff who still live there, And every time I go there, I feel at home out in the middle, as you said, middle of nowhere, where most a lot of Americans live and are very, very productive and very patriotic. Gretchen, we were talking about the Trump assassination attempt in Butler, Pennsylvania, and his first outdoor rally after that was in Ashboro, North Carolina. This is Labor Day, so it's been about a week and a half ago, and the Secret Service put up these big plexiglass bulletproof kind of blinders on either side and in front of the podium where he was speaking, and all of a sudden, there is something a commotion going on to the left part of the stage and he stops his speech. And he's doing he's doing real well. He's cooking along there, getting the message out and being Donald Trump. And he stops the message all of saiden mid sentence because he hears his commotion. He looks to his left and he said, is there a problem, And somebody from over there calls and said, we need a doctor, and he just turns and goes, doctor please, and he stops again. You know that there was somebody on the way to help this person who had passed out or what are in the heat of the day at this Donald Trump rally in Ashboro, North Carolina, and he stops and he waited till somebody got over there, and he.
Speaker 2: Waited to see that the woman was okay.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't think there's any other candidate that I've seen in a long time who would stop an important campaign stump speech in a state he's got to win North Carolina because somebody passes out or has a little issue. But Donald Trump completely stopped until the doctor got over there, attended to the woman and she was back up on her feet again. And then to the freaking out Secret Service agents. I'm sure Donald Trump just walks off the stage. He bulleted off the stage to where this woman was sitting in the front row and comes over and talks to her, make sure she's okay. Right in the middle of the speech, and Secret Services cut we put this Pleacey Glass up in front of him, and here he is unprotected going off these steps, And it said more to me about Donald Trump than any speech he could have given. Was that in that moment, his speech wasn't important. What was important was his supporter who was having a medical issue, and he went over and gave her a hug and talked to her, then came back up to the stage with secret service do do Dodo following him, making sure nobody else took a shot at him, and.
Speaker 2: Continued his speech. Picked it right up.
Speaker 1: But see that this says more to me about the magic of Donald Trump than maybe anything else.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on then.
Speaker 24: Well, definitely, we talked about you know, how real Donald Trump is. You know, it's all the lives. Anything the Democrats say about him, you just need to interpret them properly. Whatever they say is exactly the opposite of what is true. Donald Trump has great empathy. He has a moral core, and I'm not talking about you know, he had an affair or whatever. You know, he does have flaws, but he's got this intense sense of right and wrong and he truly loves people. And we don't see that because he spent a lifetime also creating this facade. That is his business, is his you know, larger than life personality. It's all showmanship, but he does have this heart and soul that is underneath that facade, and it was on full display that day.
Speaker 5: You know, we saw it.
Speaker 24: And you know the comparison between Lincoln and Trump. One thing about well both of these incredible American leaders is they were not concerned for their safety. Their message was number one, their absolute laser focus in Abraham Lincoln winning the war, you know, first winning the election, then winning the war and all of the maneuvering political and otherwise that went with that, not caring for his personal safety. And Donald Trump the same. He is laser focused on making America great again. You know, I'm hoping that America is starting to think again because you know, like I said, this is an incredible turning point that we are coming to. And Donald Trump also has that sense that there is a higher power than himself who is in charge. That's important too, and that goes along with his fearlessness. He's a fighter, he's fearless, but also he has a sense that that God is in charge and he is doing his best to be in that will of you know, the divine providence on America and and we just hope and pray that God saving him from that one bullet is going to continue through you know what Lincoln had to endure in in administering the Civil War and fighting that, and that Donald Trump is able to get so many things done, and it's it's going to be puffed because he has he has, uh what Lincoln said, smoked those skunks out from under the barn. And and now all hell has broken loose. And you think it's bad, now, Uh, it's it's come November fifth, and it's Donald Trump who is president. That is that's going to be an incredible fight to be it.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I think the election is only the prelude to what is what we're going to have to deal with afterwards. If Donald Trump, you know, amen, praise God, echo your words, is our president again. You know, he faces the same thing that Lincoln faced. They knew if Lincoln was elected there was going to be a civil war in this country because of his refusal to accept slavery on this continent and for Donald Trump's refusal to accept globalist Marxist takeover of every American life. The other side they're very powerful, and they are they will stop at nothing to retain powers. So it's going to be they say, oh, you're living in interesting times. I think I don't know how much interesting I want. But I definitely want Donald Trump back in the White House, There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: Just to save the country.
Speaker 24: Yes, interesting cons that's an understatement, by the way. But you know one thing that is so similar with what the Democrats were doing, and they were Southern Democrats, but you know the northern Democrats. Also, Lincoln discovered that there were no anti slavery Democrats. They were all for slavery. But it was the South that succeeded. And what the Democrats did there is and the reason that they seceeded, of course, to have the freedom to have their slaves is what they said, which Abraham Lincoln said, wait a minute, that is just hypocritical. But Democrats demolished boundaries, and they wanted slavery everywhere, they wanted in northern factories, and they started ramming legislation through Congress, the Kansas Nebraska Act, and the Supreme Court dread Scott decision, which was demolishing all of those boundaries. For that and the Democrats. That's what they do today. They completely are demolishing boundaries. I think every one hundred and fifty years the Democrats go off the deep end, and this is that time. They're demolishing, you know, abortion boundaries, which is us is huge. They're demolishing moral boundaries with the craziness, with the transgender and all of that. It's it's what they do. It's what the Democrat Party does, and they're doing it incredibly now, just like they did in Abraham Lincoln's time. Lincoln was the one they wanted to get rid of because he stood in the way. Trump is the one they want to get rid of now because he is standing.
Speaker 5: In the way.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Gretchen Waller, thank you so much for your time on this Labor Day holiday. The book is the magic and the mayhem of Donald Trump, and hopefully we get to see a whole lot more of that on display.
Speaker 6: Gretchen, thank you very much. It is Labor Day. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. This news sponsored by a Door and Window. We sell the best and service the rest, news, traffic and weather. News Radio seven hundred w l JABI, Shincinnati.
Speaker 18: Losing patients on one side to accept a ceasefire agreement with the eleven thirty report I'm Lee mawin breaking now. President Joe Biden today had harsh words for Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin nettan Yahoo after the deaths of six hostages over the weekend, including Israeli American Heirsch Goldberg, poland Biden now increasing pressure for Net and Yahoo to secure a hostage deal.
Speaker 9: As ABC's Elizabeth Sholsey reports.
Speaker 10: From the White House, President Biden saying bluntly that Israel's leader is not doing enough to reach a deal that would release the remaining hostages and achieve a ceasefire in Gaza. White House officials tell us they're working around the clock with renewed urgency. The President and Vice President Harris meeting in the Situation Room with top us negotiators, and in that meeting, Biden made clear he is devastated and outraged, saying hamas leaders will pay for these crimes.
Speaker 18: When asked about contact Net and Yahoo, the President had this to say, Eventually, now the latest traffic and weather together the last news update, we told you the incident was cleared on four seventy one north between Columbia and the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge.
Speaker 9: There are no accidents to report. You are looking good, Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: The latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Munch cooler through the overnight to night, all thanks to a northeast wind in net, low humidity, mostly clear skies as we dropped down to fifty three through the early parts of your Tuesday Wednesday from the northeast at ten to fifteen miles per hour Tuesday afternoon, plenty of sunshine to start, We'll see a few passing clowns in a hive of seventy eight. From there on out, we're warming up eighty seven, partly klaudi on Wednesday, mostly sunny eighty seven Thursday. Our next chance at rain comes Friday. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first warning Media rollinds just Brandon Spinner. News Radio seven hundred WLW radars clean. It's sixty four degrees at WLW headquarters. The US Department of Justice has seized.
Speaker 18: Venezuelan President Nicholas Maduro's plane in an effort to punish his handling of the country's latest election. ABC's Christianne Cordero has the details from Washington.
Speaker 25: Venezuela's equivalent of Air Force one is now in Florida and under US control. The DOJ alleges the jet was purchased illegally through a shell company in twenty twenty two, then smuggled out of the US for Venezuela's president Nicolas Maduro to use. Madudle faces waves of condemnation and protests following Venezuela's July presidential election, which he has claimed victory and despite his opponent showing results indicating the opposite.
Speaker 9: The NSC says the plane seizure is to.
Speaker 25: Ensure Madodle feels the consequences from his misgovernance.
Speaker 9: Christian Cordero, ABC News Washington, A.
Speaker 18: Driver appeared in court Monday for his role on the crash and left a passenger fighting for her life. Frankie Andreola reportedly went one twenty four in a sixty five early June on I two seventy five over in Whitewater Township. He lost control of the twenty fifteen Accuratila X while arguing with a cleeswoman. The impact into a guardrail damaged a nearly one hundred foot section. The crash report states Andreola admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages prior to driving. He's charged with aggravated vehicular assault, with his bond set at sixty thousand dollars. The band on Elon Musk's social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter in Brazil, was confirmed by five of the nation's Supreme Court justices Monday, as ABC's day Packer reports.
Speaker 20: One of the judges upholding the decision outlining conditions for X to go back online in Brazil, including the establishment of a physical address in the country and paying a nine million dollar fine. The platform was shut down after failing to appoint a local legal representative and concerns over far right accounts and misinformation. Brazil's Bar Association openly criticizing the decision, with critics calling it a blow.
Speaker 2: To free speech. Dave Packer ABC News.
Speaker 18: Our next update is at midnight. I'm Lee mawin News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: Hey there, what's for dinner tonight?
Speaker 9: Take out again?
Speaker 26: Remember your last order soggy fries with a side of twelve dollar fees plus the one hour delivery time.
Speaker 9: You can do better.
Speaker 26: Get factors, fresh chef crafted meals delivered right to your door already.
Speaker 14: In just two minutes.
Speaker 26: Try a mouthwatering shredded chicken taco bowl or creamy tomato and goat cheese chicken kebatappee. I know what you're thinking. Could dinner really be this easy with factor? It's always this easy factor fresh, never frozen meals in two minutes.
Speaker 2: Summer was fun. It was great, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: But again, talking with Gregen Walmart, the author of The Magic and Mayhem of Donald Trump, a teacher by trade, the wife and a farmer's wife. See, I come from farmer's stock. I was born in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, from a long line of people on one side of my family were farmers.
Speaker 2: And every time I go back.
Speaker 1: I haven't lived there more than a couple of months of my early life, but visited several times to see relatives and stuff who still live there. And every time I go there, I feel at home. Out in the middle, as you said, middle of nowhere, where most a lot of Americans live and are very, very productive and very patriotic. Gretchen, we were talking about the Trump assassination attempt in Butler, Pennsylvania, and his first outdoor rally after that was in Ashboro, North Carolina. This is Labor Day, so it's been about a week and a half ago, and the Secret Service put up these big plexiglass bulletproof kind of blinders on either side and in front of the podium where he was speaking, and all of a sudden, there is something a commotion going on to the left part of the stage and he stops his speech and he's he's doing real well. He's cooking along there, getting the message out and being Donald Trump. And he stops the message. I'll have said in mid sentence because he hears his commotion. He looks to his left and he said, is there a problem? And somebody from over there calls and said, we need a doctor, and he just turns and goes, doctor please, and he stops again. You know that there was somebody on the way to help this person who had passed out or what are in the heat of the day at this Donald Trump rally in Ashboro, North Carolina, and he stops, and he waited till somebody got over there, and he waited to.
Speaker 2: See that the woman was okay.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't think there's any other candidate that I've seen in a long time who would stop an important campaign stump speech in a state he's got to win North Carolina because somebody passes out or has a little issue. But Donald Trump completely stopped until the doctor got over there, attended to the woman and she was back up on her feet again. And then to the freaking out Secret Service agents. I'm sure Donald Trump just walks off the stage. He bulleted off the stage to where this woman was sitting in the front row and comes over and talks to her, make sure she's okay, right in the middle of the speech, and Secret Services cut. We put this pleacey glass up in front of him, and here he is unprotected going off these steps. And it said more to me about Donald Trump than any speech he could have given, was that in that moment, his speech wasn't important. What was important was his supporter who was having a medical issue, and he went over and gave her a hug and talked to her. Then came back up to the stage with Secret Service do do do Do Do following him, making sure nobody else took a shot at him, and continued his speech.
Speaker 2: Picked it right up.
Speaker 1: But see that this says more to me about the magic of Donald Trump than maybe anything else.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on.
Speaker 24: Then, well, definitely, we talked about you know how how real Donald Trump is. You know, it's all the lives. Anything the Democrats say about him, you just need to interpret them properly. Whatever they say is exactly the opposite of what is true. Donald Trump has great empathy. He has a moral core, and I'm not talking about you know, he had an affair or whatever. You know, he does have flaws, but he's got this intense sense of right and wrong, and he truly loves people. And we don't see that because he spent a lifetime also creating this facade that is his business, is his you know, larger than life personality. It's all showmanship. But he does have this heart and soul that is underneath that facade, and it was on full display that day. You know, we saw it. And you know the comparison between Lincoln and Trump. One thing about both of these incredible American leaders is they were not concerned for their safety. Their message was number one, their absolute laser focus in Abraham Lincoln winning the war, you know, first winning the election, then winning the war, and all of the maneuvering political and otherwise that went with that, not caring for his personal safety. And Donald Trump the same. He is laser focused on making America great again. You know, I'm hoping that America is starting to think again because you know, like I said, this is an incredible turning point that we are coming to. And Donald Trump also has that sense that there is a higher power than himself who is in charge. That's important too, and that goes along with his fearlessness. He's a fighter, he's fearless, but also he has a sense that God is in charge and he is doing his best to be in that will of you know, the divine providence on America. And and we just hope and pray that God saving him from that one bullet, is going to continue through you know what Lincoln had to endure in in administering the Civil War and fighting that, and that Donald Trump is able to get so many things done, and it's it's going to be puffed because he has he has, uh what Lincoln said, smoked those skunks out from under the barn. And and now all hell has broken loose. And you think it's bad now, Uh, it's it's come November fifth, and it's Donald Trump who is president. That is that's going to be an incredible fight. The beginning of.
Speaker 2: It, right yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I think the election is only the prelude to what is what we're going to have to deal with afterwards. If Donald Trump, you know, amen, praise God, echo your words, is our president again. You know, he faces the same thing that Lincoln faced. They knew if Lincoln was elected there was going to be a civil war in this country because of his refusal to accept slavery on this continent and for Donald Trump's refusal to accept globalist Marxist takeover of every American life. The other side, they're very powerful, and they are they will stop at nothing to retain powers. So it's going to be They say, oh, you're living in interesting times. I think I don't know how much interesting I want, but I definitely want Donald Trump back in the White House, There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: To save the country.
Speaker 24: Yes, interesting cons that's an understatement, by the way. But you know one thing that is so similar with what the Democrats were doing, and they were Southern Democrats, but you know the northern Democrats also, Lincoln discovered that there were no anti slavery Democrats. They were all for slavery, but it was the South that succeeded. And what the Democrats did there is and the reason that they seceeded, of course, to have the freedom to have their slaves is what they said, which Abraham Lincoln said, wait a minute, that is just hypocritical. But Democrats demolished boundaries, and they wanted slavery everywhere. They wanted in northern factories, and they started ramming legislation through Congress, the Kansas Nebraska Act and the Supreme Court dread Scott decision, which was demolishing all of those boundaries for that, and the Democrats that's what they do today. They completely are demolishing boundaries. I think every hundred fifty years the Democrats go off the deep end, and this is that time. They're demolishing, you know, abortion boundaries, which is just huge. They're demolishing moral boundaries with the craziness with the transgender and all of that. It's it's what they do. It's what the Democrat Party does, and they're doing it incredibly now, just like they did in Abraham Lincoln's time. Lincoln was the one they wanted to get rid of because he stood in the way. Trump is the one they want to get rid of now because he is standing in the way.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Gretchen Waller, thank you so much for your time on this Labor Day holiday. The book is the magic and the mayhem of Donald Trump, and hopefully we get to see a whole lot more of that on display.
Speaker 6: Gretchen, thank you very much. It is Labor Day. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. This news sponsored by a Door and Window. We sell the best and service the rest, news, traffic and weather.
Speaker 7: News Radio seven hundred WLW Shincinnati.
Speaker 18: Losing patients on one side to accept a ceasefire agreement with the eleven thirty report, I'm Lee Mawin breaking now. President Joe Biden today had harsh words for Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Net and Yahoo after the deaths of six hostages over the weekend, including Israeli American Heirsch Coolberg, poland Biden now increasing pressure for Net and Yahoo to secure a hostage deal.
Speaker 9: As ABC's Elizabeth Sholsey reports.
Speaker 10: From the White House, President Biden saying bluntly that Israel's leader is not doing enough to reach a deal that would release the remaining hostages and achieve a ceasefire in Gaza. White House officials tell us they're working around the clock with renewed urgency. The President and Vice President Harris meeting in the Situation Room with top us negotiators, and in that meeting, Biden made clear he is devastated and outraged, saying Hamas leaders will pay for these crimes.
Speaker 9: When asked about contacting net Yahoo, the President had this to say.
Speaker 18: Eventually, Now the latest traffic and weather together. The last news update.
Speaker 9: We told you the incident was cleared on four seventy one north between Columbia and the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge. There are no accidents to report. You are looking good, Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Now the latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Munch cooler through the overnight tonight, all thanks to a northeast wind in that low humidity, Mostly clear skies as we dropped down to fifty three through the early parts of your Tuesday. Wednesday from the northeast had ten to fifteen miles per hour Tuesday afternoon, Plenty of sunshine to start. We'll see a few passing clowns in a hive seventy eight. From there on out, we're warming up eighty seven, partly claudi on Wednesday, mostly sunny eighty seven Thursday. Our next chance at rain comes Friday from your severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Media rollinds just Brandon Spinner News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: Radars clean at sixty four degrees a WLW headquarters. The US Department of Justice has seized Venice Zu Whalen President Nicholas Maduro's plane in an effort to punish his handling of the country's latest election. ABC's Christi Anne Cordero has the details from Washington.
Speaker 25: Venezuela's equivalent of Air Force one is now in Florida and under US control. The DOJ alleges the jet was purchased illegally through a shell company in twenty twenty two, then smuggled out of the US for Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro to use. Madudo faces waves of condemnation and protests following Venezuela's July presidential election, which he has claimed victory in despite his opponent showing results indicating the opposite. The NSC says the plane seizure is to ensure Madodle feels the consequences from his misgovernance. Christian Cordero, ABC News Washington.
Speaker 18: A driver appeared in court Monday for his role on a crash and left a passenger fighting for her life. Frankie Andreola reportedly went one twenty four and a sixty five early June on I two seventy five over in Whitewater Township. He lost control of the twenty fifteen accurate TX while arguing with a pleasewoman. The impact into a guardrail damaged a nearly one hundred foot section. The crash report states Andreola admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages prior to driving. He's charged with aggravated vehicular assault, with his bond set at sixty thousand dollars. The ban on Elon Musks social media platform X formerly known as Twitter in Brazil, was confirmed by five of the nation's Supreme Court justices Monday, as ABC's day Packer reports.
Speaker 20: One of the judges upholding the decision outlining conditions for X to go back online in Brazil, including the establishment of a physical address in the country and paying a nine million dollar fine. The platform was shut down after failing to appoint a local legal representative and concerns over far right accounts and misinformation. Brazil's Bar Association openly criticizing the decision, with critics calling it a blow to free speech. Dave Packer, ABC News.
Speaker 9: Our next update is at midnight. I'm Lee Mawin News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: Hey there, what's for dinner tonight?
Speaker 9: Take out again?
Speaker 26: Remember your last order soggy fries with a side of twelve dollars fees plus the one hour delivery time.
Speaker 24: You can do better.
Speaker 26: Get Factors, fresh chef crafted meals delivered right to your door already.
Speaker 7: In just two minutes.
Speaker 26: Try a mouth watering shredded chicken taco bowl or creamy tomato and goat cheese chicken kebatappee. I know what you're thinking. Could dinner really be this easy with Factor? It's always this easy Factor fresh, never frozen meals in two minutes.
Speaker 2: Summer was fun. It was great, wasn't it