Speaker 1: Okay, do you want the dirty, dirty saucy spicy in SFW email first or you want to save it till later later, Okay, let's save it for later. I can respect that, so let's get started. This is a really interesting story and it gets a little bit long, but I'm gonna probably read the whole thing because it's really interesting. I want to share my iHeart experience with listeners of the Minnesota Goodbye, and it might be a good but serious topic for the morning show too. During the Friday night show in Vegas at T Mobile, my husband and I were in our seats and the performers just kicked off. The stands weren't full yet. A couple of gals in the row in front of us were Thursday for attention, dancing the night away, dressed in skimpy clothing, not a typical for Vegas or iHeart, but trying to paint the picture. A man and a woman soon came and sat in our road, just a couple of seats away from me. As they passed us got into their seats, the guy said, oh, I want to hang with them. He was probably ten or twenty years older than them. Lots of plastics surgery and duck lips so hard to tell. So this is a guy with plastic surgery and ducklips. He immediately whips out his phone and starts videoing the young girls in front of us over a period of several songs. I was thinking, what the f and the women who was with him just let him. He leans over and says to me, I'm gonna make so much money off of this, and the videos are going to go viral. RoHS, not entertaining his comment. I told him that I was actually disgusted by what he was doing. He looked at me upset and said I'm rich. I'm rich, and you are ugly and says why are you here? He said I had a black soul or spirit. He was absolutely livid that I called him out, as his lady just danced next to him, acting like everything was okay. I asked one of the girls in front of me if she could come with me, and she met me up by the beverages. She was a mess. I think that means she was drunk, so it was hard to get a word in, but she was very impressed by how good she looked at forty. Now that's interesting. I was thinking like twenty year old twenty two year old girls, but I'm going to read it again. She was a mess, so it was hard to get a word in, but she was very impressed by how good she looked at forty. She did look good, but not the point. So if this guy was fifty or sixty, okay, so you got the sixty year old recording a forty year old. I finally managed to let her know I was concerned because she was being recorded along with her friend, and told her that he said he's going to make money from the viral video. She said she thought I was just jealous, but I was just disgusted and wanted her to know that they should be careful. He had told me he was also wealthy. Who says that? Who cares? Well, that's right, who says I'm rich. We go back to our seats. My husband and I decided to leave the girl state and the women. The woman with the guy mouthed sorry to my husband. I was shaking and so angry. They were both creeps and predators in my mind. Because of the commotion, security came up and I told him what was going on and showed him a snippet of the video I took of him recording the girls. I was thankful security heard me out satus elsewhere and confronted him and said stop taping the girls put a damper on our ing. I thought, if I had a daughter i was with them, I would want someone to be an advocate. With so much in the news about trafficking and grooming and all the stickers in public breastrooms calling for help, I couldn't wonder if this is how it starts. The experiences rattled me. Rattled how the girls didn't seem to care, they just wanted a night out. Rattled it. How the other lady allowed it, rattled it. How angry he was when I didn't comply with his behavior. Rattled how nobody else called him out. I understand he might just be a creep, but I'd love to hear from somebody knowledgeable on trafficking and grooming and if this is what I potentially witnessed. It seems like more and more missing persons on social media, and I wonder if it's because they finally got attention from someone. Thanks for letting me share, and I hope this empowers us all to be more vigilant and speak up. Lots of thoughts on this one. But Jenny, what do you think?
Speaker 2: First, Well, I mean, I don't have any knowledge on trafficking, how it works or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's all everything about it's strange. I would have probably felt the same way that this it's a woman emailing right right, I probably would have felt the same way as her, as like, I'm concerned, I'm going to look out for these women. And then the women like or I guess she only said like the one was like you're just jealous. I'd be like, no, I'm like trying to have your back right now. And at that point, I don't know how much more I would become engaged with it, because clearly that woman doesn't she's not concerned. But she also was intoxicated right so out like so then I guess maybe I would be looking out for her a little bit more. The whole thing is fucking weird. But it's also like Vegas is very different. It is not like living in Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, I don't think it necessarily is like an indicator of trafficking.
Speaker 3: I just think that guy is what is it called the boyer?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, oh, I'm going to record this and then sell it and haha, this is a good bit.
Speaker 1: Nobody would buy that shit. Right here, you can get free porn online. I mean, you don't need to.
Speaker 4: That's dumb, But that's like the same kind of thing where like guys like you know, dance up on a girl at a club and then are like secretly recording under her skirt. I feel like it's similar to that, where I don't think he's like nefariously planning on trafficking these women. He's just like, oh, look at these hot girls. I'm going to record this and sell it because I can, and because I somehow feel like I'm allowed to, even though that's trash. So I think the emailer did the right thing and told by telling security, and I'm glad they listened to you, because sometimes that's not the case.
Speaker 1: I was at that concert and I saw a lot of women who were I was shocked, but not appalled, if you know what I mean. I wasn't like I was more like, WHOA, look at what she's wearing, not like, oh my god, I can't believe she's wearing that. But there was one woman that I saw. She was at the beer stand and she was wearing a red thong and I know it was on the top, but as a red thong with a red sheer lace dress. So and I was like, wow, I was shocked that somebody would dress like that, but then again, it's Vegas. But I wasn't appalled, but there were definitely women who Why does a woman dress like that?
Speaker 4: Well, the emailer thinks for attention. I think it's like if you if you have a hot bod, like show it off, if you got it flaunted.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's the boat. I'm in sure.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's I wouldn't if I was that hot, though, Like, yeah, you might want some attention, but I'm not dressing up like that to get attention. I might just be like, I feel great and I want to look great in public.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, and I think that's part of it. But I think that you when you dress like that, let's be real and honest, you know you're going to get lots of attention. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think that one of the most fashionable things that we can have is a wonderful physique. If I looked great in a thong, I would wear a thong every chance I got, because I would love the attention.
Speaker 4: Sure, I think and I agree that, like, yeah, they're they're probably they're looking for some attention, but that attention doesn't necessarily mean that they're okay with being recorded and having the recording of them sold online.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, I don't think that there's any market for a video shot in a dark concert venue of a couple of girls dancing, right, I don't think that anybody's going to sell that. There's part of me, And tell me if I'm wrong, send me an email and let me know that in a way, she kind of it wasn't any of her business, and tell me if I'm wrong, he wasn't directly hurting her. I don't know where the harm comes in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like it's not her business necessarily, But I think I commend her for looking out for those girls, Like how Jenny said, like it was.
Speaker 1: Happening to me forty, they were forty, they weren't twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forty and drunk. Yeah, And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think women always look out for other women, especially if they see some man like recording them and it's not like someone that they are associated with. I would absolutely be like in their business if it me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would not advocate for the guy to record anybody. And I would never record anybody because then it becomes creepy. But I don't again, tell me if I'm wrong. I don't think there's a law against being creepy. You know.
Speaker 2: You women have to deal with that, right, we can help each other out, right, somebody is being creepy.
Speaker 1: Well, see, I get really annoyed when I hear about guys cat calling women, you know, and and I think that it happens a lot. I think you said you got cat called last week?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what, I was wearing a dress and I was walking with my former coworker in Saint Paul and this guy said, oh, I hope there's a wind so that dress can get blown up, And then he started following us for about a block and we started like speed walking away, and my friend was freaking out because they're like twenty three threatening. Yeah, and sometimes and a lot of times cat calling is threatening.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, yeah, so's it's it's threatening, but it's also demeaning because it's putting me in a position of over you. I've now made you aware of me when you shouldn't have to be aware of me. Sure, I've also made you a victim in a way because I have given you unwanted sexual attention where I didn't say, hey, how are you? That's not the you know, if I said hey, how are you, there's nothing threatening there. But if I'm like, oh damn, I hope that skirt blows up so I get a look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gross.
Speaker 1: That is putting something over you that you don't want.
Speaker 4: Right. Well, that's how I'm feeling about this guy who's recording these women, like, yeah, they want to look hot at this concert, but they're not.
Speaker 3: I mean, I didn't walk.
Speaker 4: Out thinking, oh, I'm gonna get kat called today, and I'm sure they didn't walk out thinking, oh, some got some creep dude is going to record me at this concert because he thinks I'm hot.
Speaker 3: That's creepy. That's gross.
Speaker 1: Let us know what you think, because i'd be curious and maybe I'm totally wrong, and I often am, so let me know. I mean, I've got two daughters, so I am actually and a wife, so I'm actually instinctively protective of anybody that I feel like I should be protective of, whether it's a dog or whether it's a daughter, you know what I mean. So we're in the same boat. Next one, good morning, beautiful people, Dave. I was wondering if you spoke to your friend since going out to lunch with him when you said, they talked too much and then it got awkward and you just kind of left, have a great day. Been listening to you guys for thirty years, all right, from Christy. So the story was a week or so ago, is out with a friend and they are chatty, chatty, chatty, and they're kind of a new ish kind of a friend. But they're a lovely, lovely, warm hearted, good hearted person. They just can't stop talking. They just cannot stop talking. And this has been going on for every time we'd get together. They talk so much and constantly interrupt and it gets frustrating. And so finally I said, I want to talk now. I want to get a chance to talk. And they kind of like looked a little shocked, and I said, you really, you are very chatty. I mean, you know you're chatty. Haha. I just want to get a chance to talk. And their face fell. They're just their whole spirit. I sucked their spirit right out of their body and they just they were crushed and I felt terrible. And after that, I was like, Okay, well you know what, you please talk, don't leave me hanging. They're like, no, I don't. You don't want me to talk, so I'm not going to talk and I was like, no, that's not what I wanted to say. I just wanted I was frustrated, and I'm like, can I talk now? Because I never get a chance to talk and every time I would start a sentence, I would get one sentence out and they would hijack the conversation again. And that's just who they are. They're not a mean person, they're not a narcissistic person, just very chatty. And so we have not spoken since.
Speaker 3: Oh sad, and I don't know that.
Speaker 1: We ever will again, because I think that I just hurt them so deeply and I took what was probably a core trait of their personality being super super chatty, and diminished that aspect of their person I feel like I really do, and if I could do it over again, I wouldn't have said it. I may have just kind of backed off the friendship a little bit because it's hard to be friends with somebody.
Speaker 2: Have you reached out to this person?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Because sad, So maybe just text them and be like, listen, I'm sorry, and I mean I don't know. Friendships fade naturally anyways, So if that's what happens, that's what happens. But if you want to still like some would be closed. I don't think a sorry about what I said at dinner or wherever you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I mean, you're right, I don't know. Honestly, I don't know whether I will. Next email starts off with don't say my name. I want to share a couple of photos from KATIEWB event back in two thousand and seven. I have my photos labeled as offensive T shirt party. We did a party. We said wear an offensive shirt and whoever has the most offensive shirt wins. My friend and I didn't win, but it was still a fun time. I'm guessing at an event like this could never happen again. So my question is are there any other k WB events that no longer exist due to changes in political correctness, budgets, lack of attendance. Well, let's go to the offensive T shirts. Here's a picture of Steve. Steve is wearing a shirt that says I give free facials. That was his offensive shirt. There's one with me that says I got busted on Dateline, which was the Dateline show where to Catch a Predator. Yes, and so you know, guys would come in the house to meet like an underage girl or boor boy, and then they would bust them. So my shirt says I got busted on Dateline. Her shirt says, I've never seen so many fat and ugly people in one place.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And seven that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Yep, never see so many fat and ugly people in one place. And then her friend's shirt says there is a oh it's awful. Oh you want to hear it. It's awful. It is awful. It is a twisted coat hanger with blood dripping from it, and it says your mom tried but you survived.
Speaker 3: Dang.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And they're just normal looking young women. I mean they they scratched out their faces so in case we accidentally published them, but we won't. I'm not gonna put that anywhere. But wow. Yeah, we did the offensive T shirt contest, and even at that time, we thought, huh, because there was some really offensive ones and I can't remember what they did. Yeah, but we said, ah, we'll never do this one again. I think another one. She says, are there any other events that no longer exist? Booty Cruise is probably the biggest one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just got I don't know, listen, I know people love the strippers. I thought the strippers were just gross. It was a I'm all for a good time, but people would get so so dry on Booty Cruise. And also we would have people sign waivers that said you're we're allowed to post whatever we want on the website. So people would get drunk and body parts would be falling out, and we'd censor home to an extent, and we'd posting on the website and all of a sudden it's like, I'm.
Speaker 3: A teacher, can you like please take that down?
Speaker 2: And it's like, well, you signed the waiver going on and everybody, I mean, we always did take did take them down.
Speaker 3: I always did.
Speaker 2: But I think that the fact that we had a waiver that said we get to post pictures, yeah, kind of it.
Speaker 1: We had girls. I mean, it was just it was it started out okay, and then it always turned a little bit naughty and girls were flashing guys in bass boats that would cruise up and down the river, and guys would flash the girls from the bass boats, and I think there were always girls trying to take out the trippers penis. To be honest with you, and the strippers they knew that they couldn't break the law because then they would get kicked off the tripper team. So they'd be like, you know, slapping hands away from the penises, and it would just get you know, the drunk and fight and vomiting. And it wasn't all over the boat. It was just enough where we said we're done. We're just done. You went on a booty cruise at.
Speaker 3: Least one been on three booty creuse.
Speaker 1: What do you remember about booty cruise?
Speaker 4: I do remember thinking that the strippers were ugly. I remember Steve bought me a drink once, but then didn't talk to me after he gave it to me.
Speaker 3: That was weird.
Speaker 4: And then I went on one of them with my mom and threw up on the way home, so she had to pull over the car so I could throw.
Speaker 3: Up on the side of the road because you were drunk, because I was drunk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, just me and my mom hanging out getting schwasted.
Speaker 1: I think one of the things I remember on Booty Cruise is that you know, I was I don't know this was I think the last one was five or eight years ago, but we did him since about two thousand and three or so, So back then when I was a whole lot younger women would get you know, they were very polite at first, high handshakes and good to meet you. But then by the end of the night they were grabbing my crotch, grabbing my butt grows And that might sound like fun, but when it's from a drunken woman that you didn't want to grab your butt or your crotch was it was gross. It was annoying.
Speaker 3: I don't think that sounds like fun period.
Speaker 1: Oh it wasn't. Yeah, And I remember one of the last ones. There was a very attractive woman, probably about forty, and I was sitting somewhere and she decided that she was going to sit on my lap and I'm like, no, no, get off. And she had probably never had a guy in her life tell her to get off his lap, and I was like, no, get off. Yeah, because one thing I didn't want anybody to take a picture. Number one, I didn't like it. Number two, I didn't need a picture out anywhere of Dave Ryan with a strange woman on his lap, and it was annoying, and it was like, okay, And that's not what caused us to stop it. It was just at a lot of things. Yeah, other things that we don't have the budget for anymore. I mean, like jingle Ball. We don't do it anymore. They're still jingle Ball, but just not here. So there's like New York and DC and Detroit and that type of thing. We also used to do Last Chance Summer Dance, which was a huge outdoor Star party and that was a lot of fun, but it was a money loser, so we didn't do that. We don't do that one anymore. So Yeah, I guess there are just certain things.
Speaker 4: I went to one Star Party ones. One Star party was still a thing. Is that still a thing? Star Party?
Speaker 1: No, but we're trying to bring it back. Sure, okay, Yeah, Star Party happened for like thirty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went to one. I was great. It was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were a lot of fun. I'm gonna take a picture of your address so I can send you Oh wait, hold on, this is a different one, but okay, here comes the naughty one. You're ready for the naughty one, I'm ready, I'm not sure if we have time. Honestly, we're gonna save it for tomorrow. Put a red flag on that one, and save the naughty one for tomorrow. Minnesota, Goodbye. Email Ryan Show at kadiwb dot com