Speaker 1: In the South have somehow survived.
Speaker 2: Water is everywhere, there's all power outages everywhere, but fortunately at Bears Paul Country Club it'll be car path only for the next two or three days. So we all have problems, but nonetheless a lot of pain suffering throughout Central Florida especially. But until then, joining you and I now is Rob Sanders, the Kent County Prosecutor. And Rob welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, I see that there's been an arrest Wyatt Testament. This is an extremely sad story of an eighteen year old boy, a young man who beat his grandmother to death. Can you tell the American people and Tony Bender what's going on with that?
Speaker 3: Willie? Thanks for having me back.
Speaker 4: On Tuesday afternoon, earl Anger police responded with a number of neighboring agencies to a residence for a reported assault. When they got there, they found why a testament outside. They took him into custody quickly while they investigated what was going on. They found, unfortunately, his grandmother, Sherry olive her inside the residents bleeding profusely, suffering from wounds all over her body but especially to her head. She was seventy four years old. She was taken to University Hospital where she was treated for her injuries, but unfortunately died from bluntfort's trauma. Mister Testament was subsequently lodged in Kent and Keunty Detention Center and charged with murder.
Speaker 2: Do we know anything about Sherry Oliver, the seventy four year old grandmother killed by her grandson as to what instigated this event? Normally grandsons have good feelings towards their grandmother. But I guess he used a mug or something to beat her to death. What was the cause of the dispute.
Speaker 3: Willie, I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: In fact, from what I understand from reading the arrest citation, mister Testament was acting irrationally and attacked miss Oliver for no apparent reason, at least no legitimate reason. My understanding is she made the mistake of getting up out of her chair after he told her not to. But again from the rest citation, that the murder weapon was some kind of yetti mug.
Speaker 3: And you know, I've handled a lot of murder cases over the years.
Speaker 4: Really, I've had murder weapons beguns, be knives, be bare hands, all sorts of different things. But this is the first Yetti murder weapon I think I've ever dealt with. Hopefully I never deal with another one. But I suspect that we are going to find out that mister Testament, and this is again speculation on my point at this time, but based upon my experience over the years, really I suspect that this will be a case where mister Testament has consumed some sort of mind altering substance, which under Kentucky law, is.
Speaker 3: Not a defense.
Speaker 4: You know, if you're insane, that's a defense, but if you're only insane, or if you're only suffering from some temporary impairment because of your voluntary consumption of narcotics, that is not a defense under Kentucky law. So again, I don't know if that's the case with mister Testament. We'll find out for sure in the coming days, but right now, just based on what I know, I would suspect that that is a likely, likely, what we're dealing with, likely scenario in this case.
Speaker 2: And that standard also applies in Ohio. And in the end, you can't voluntarily get drunk and then be blameless for doing something criminal, much less getting taking drugs and then saying, well, I'm not responsible because I'm high on heroin. It doesn't work that way. Now I know what a YETI is. I think is a large ape living in the Himalayans. But what the hell's a YETI mug?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's one of those mugs that like, you can put a drink in it hot or cold, and it'll keep your drink hotter cold.
Speaker 3: For amazing amounts of time. Will you know?
Speaker 4: If you leave ice in your yetti and set it down, go to bed, get up in the morning, and come back, you'll still have ice in your yetti the next day. They're expensive, but they're really neat contraptions.
Speaker 3: I have several in my house.
Speaker 4: My wife's fond of them, so we have all sorts of yeties around the house.
Speaker 3: She uses them for coffee.
Speaker 4: I might use them for cocktails from time to time. With their phenomenal devices when they're being used to drink, but when they're being used to beat your grandmother, that makes the such a good thing.
Speaker 1: Wow. All right, we'll see what happens to mister Testament.
Speaker 2: One other issue, we had a guest from the Secretary of State's office about the status who won the state of Ohio, which is saying that if you vote yes, that means you're in favor of gerrymandering. If you vote yes, that means you want to take away your right to vote. Normally, Democrats care a bunch about the threats of democracy. But in the state of Ohio and Status you won, if you vote yes on Status you one, it means you take away your right to vote in the future toward those who draw the lines, which is kind of stupid. You can't be in favor of a democracy then vote to take away voters right to vote. I mean, that's kind of stupid. And a similar, unrelated but similar in state of Kentucky. There's two incidents up for a vote. One is the non citizens shouldn't vote. The other one is is state money being used to go to a Catholic school for example with a voucher. Explain the first one, which is I guess it says citizen non citizens shouldn't vote.
Speaker 1: I think that's basic. But is that controversial?
Speaker 3: Well, you wouldn't think so, Willie.
Speaker 4: But I think that this is planning in the future on the part of conservative Republicans.
Speaker 3: In Frankfurt or state capital.
Speaker 4: They're looking at this issue one would put it in our state constitution that if you are not a citizen of the United States, not a citizen of Kentucky, that you can't vote in Kentucky's election. And while that seems pretty straightforward, pretty common sense, I think it's planning for the possibility that the pendulum can always swing back in the other direction. While Republicans dominate Frankfort right now and would never let non US residents or non citizens vote in an election, the folks down there right now are planning for the future in the coming years if Kentucky were to politically swing back in the other direction, and Liberals would be back in control in Frankfort like they were for decades and generations, that they couldn't change and start allowing non citizens, illegal immigrants, or anybody else to vote in our elections. If the pendulum and we're to swing back in the other direction, who knows what's to come in the future. That I do know that like every place else you know, you and I have talked about Springfield, Ohio, and several other places in Ohio that are being overrun and inundated by non US residents that the Biden administration is shipping into the state.
Speaker 3: They're doing the same thing. In Kentucky.
Speaker 4: We're seeing giant rises in non citizen populations, both in Kenton County, Boone County, and Campbell County, all over the place in northern Kentucky taking, like they say, in Springfield, a lot of factory jobs and things like that, that they are being drawn to this area for one purpose or another. But nevertheless, we're seeing the influx and it's putting the same tension on our infrastructure in our community, our hospitals, our schools, our court system, our law enforcement, all the same pressures that they're facing in Springfield and other places. That it has nothing to do with eating dogs and cats, but it has everything to do with the resources available, especially when it comes to non English speaking populations. We're dealing with that. So because we're seeing that influx, who knows what's coming in the future. And if the Liberals take back over in Frankford, maybe they're going to pass the law that says, hey, we're going to let all these Zilligal immigrants vote because we think they're going to vote Democrats, So why wouldn't we do that.
Speaker 2: Well, now Mauritania has taken over Lochlan and Wyoming, and I've gone by it twice. I can't believe Mauritanians. In fact, I'm not sure where Mauritania.
Speaker 3: Is, much less know where it is. I think I don't know where it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know where it is. But there's hundreds of Lachland, Lachlan and Wyoming. Just drive through it and you're thinking, what in the hell is going on? And one Mourtainia will give birth to six to seven others. Now there's hundreds trying to live in Lochland and Wyoming, looking for work, wandering in the streets. And one incident, some more Tinian pulled out his private part and maybe it said he was going to number one, but he seemed to linger quite a while in front of a girls, in front of a girl's soccer camp, and the police arrest. There's no social security number and speak of the English, no names that are understandable. And may God help you if you simply criticize that maybe Moretanian should not be running around Lachland and Wyoming, or maybe Ugandans in Boone County, maybe that's a problem. If you bring up the idea and I wait a minute, this isn't right. They're not citizens. How'd they get here? I dare you to mention that, Rob Sanders, if you mentioned that you're racist, sexist, homophobe.
Speaker 1: Where in the hell is Mauritania?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Willie.
Speaker 4: Look, I said, I can't find it because I can't spell it, So I don't even know where to look on the globe, or probably wouldn't even know if I was looking at it. But what I do know is that when you go to the Boone County Courthouse, which from time to time I am called on to come out and visit my good friend Lewis Kelly out there.
Speaker 3: In Boone County and handle a conflict prosecution form.
Speaker 4: And when you're out there, you sit through this courtroom proceeding where it's one interpreter after another after another. And you know, in Kington County, for the most part, we have Spanish interpreters come in quite often, but that's usually about it.
Speaker 3: But in Boone County, because they have the.
Speaker 4: Airport, because they have Amazon, because they have a lot more industrial employers out there than we do in Kenton County, they have all sorts of interpreters that they have to deal with and it's just one after another, and I don't even recognize half the languages that are being spoken, Willy. But it's a giant problem for the court system. I know we did get one in Kenton County. I'm handling a rape case that was supposed to go to trial last week. It got continued until February because that's the earliest we could find these French speaking interpreters to communicate with the defendant in that rape case. And it's not just French like they're from Paris, France. It's some sort of African dialect of French that you have to have interpreters that speak that African dialect of French so the defendant can understand them, because if you're just Parley doing whatever they speak in Paris, he's not going to be able to understand it. So our court system, like many other things in government, is just not set up to handle this influx of a non English speaking, non citizen population.
Speaker 2: I got more Tanny. I just talked to my girlfriend Alexa. It's a Islamic Republic of Mauritania. It's a sovereign country north no West Africa, and the language has spoken include among other languages spoken as Hereton by Dean how Poola Falani, Mandy and Wolfe So and there's one guy. You know, numerous crimes are being committed. The Wyoming Lachland police have no idea what to do. They take him downtown, nobody speaking the English. They've got a dialect and they're committing crimes and causing the quality of life in Wyoming and Lachlan and go right down the tubes. And there's no interpreters available for these dialects. And then what do you do as a prosecutor?
Speaker 3: No, Willie.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing is if you look at if they happen to actually have a passport.
Speaker 3: We've had dealt with this in Kent County before.
Speaker 4: If they actually have a passport, if you open it up and look at it, and guess what, there's no stance from the US where they are legally crossing the border. You'll see stamps where they flew into Mexico and the Mexican government stamped their passports. But then there's no US stance, which means they're crossing the border illegally, sneaking into the country. We have no idea who they are, what their criminal history is, or whether or not we want them in this country.
Speaker 2: So when they're arrested, why not deport them immediately probable cause? You rape the girl, you committed a burglary. Why can't we say you've committed a crime. You're here illegally, See you wouldn't want to be send them back to Mauritania.
Speaker 4: Why not, Well, William, Kenton County, You're not gonna come rape anybody without going to prison. I don't care what country you're from, what citizenship you have, or whether or not you're here illegally or not. If you rape somebody in Kenton County, you're going to prison.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: When they get out of prison, we'll be happy to deport you then, but you're going to spend time in our lovely Department of Corrections facilities until you've paid your price to the public. And some of these folks were going to be paying for their housing and their food and their medical care.
Speaker 3: For decades on our tax dollars. But that's what happens when you commit a crime.
Speaker 4: We don't say, oh, you're not a citizen, so we're just gonna shift it back to wherever you came from and forget about the crime. We're still putting them in prison, but then they're not they're going to get deported when they get out of prison.
Speaker 2: Despite an abundance of natural resources and incluting iron ore and petroleum, Mauritania remains poor. It's economies based upon livestock raising and fishing. Generally seen is a poor country for human rights and girls who treat it like chattel and sold between plans for sexual purposes. There's at least ninety thousand sex slaves and Mauritania.
Speaker 4: That's a scary thing, Willy. In a lot of these countries that these immigrants are coming in from, they treat women horribly. They treat them like animals. Like to say they were second class citizens. I'm sure a lot of them would love to be treated like second class citizens because they get treated far worse. But then they sneak into our country and they think that we treat women the same way here and they can just do whatever they want and have sex with little girls no matter how young they are, and it just defends our senses. But that's common in their countries, and they can't understand why we're arresting them and putting them in prison because they just don't get it, because women just don't have rights in a lot of the Third world countries. These folks are coming from.
Speaker 1: It's awful and it's not going to change.
Speaker 2: Of course, Kamala Harris promises to continue these policies. We need more in the country and they're going to be on steroids because if she's elected, she's going to think, you know what, American people want this. They want more Atanians, they want Ugondans, they want Venezuelans all over to Hell's f Acre. And if she gets elected, it's going to continue. Well, we got to run Rob Sanders. We haven't talked touched on the state of Kentucky providing vouchers to go to We have about a minute remaining. Let's say you're in some lousy, lousy public school and your kid's not getting educated for whatever the reason might be, and you want to take the kid and go to cubcath or go to Covington Latin.
Speaker 1: Can you do that in state of Kentucky.
Speaker 3: No, you can't.
Speaker 4: You've paid all your tax dollars to the state government willing to fund your children's schooling. But if you don't have the money to pay for that public schooling and pay for private schooling, then you can't send your kids to private school issue too, would remove what the courts have interpreted as a prohibition on tax dollars going to private schooling, so that you could let tax dollars follow the children to any school that they wanted to go to, and so poor kids would have the same opportunity to go to private schools as rich kids do.
Speaker 3: That's that's issue too. You know, I have great affection for our.
Speaker 4: Public schools and our public school teachers, but you know, some of the things that we're seeing in our public schools, it's just not working.
Speaker 3: It's you know, we're.
Speaker 4: Getting failing test scores, kids that can't read, kids that aren't prepared to go out into the world, much less go to college or anything like any kind of higher education. You know, I have great affinity for the public schools, but part of it is we got to try something new, something different.
Speaker 3: And maybe this is it, because there's.
Speaker 4: Been way too much of an increase and six figure salaries to administrators. That money doesn't trickle down to the teachers, and it certainly doesn't trickle down to the students.
Speaker 3: So in my mind, we got to try.
Speaker 4: Something new to see if we can improve schooling for kids, and if maybe if we let the tax dollars follow the students whatever school to choose, maybe that'll work.
Speaker 2: Of course, Democrats in Ohio don't want people to vote anymore on Issue one. You don't vote, you don't get to vote anymore. And in Kentucky, Democrats want to make sure that their constituency stay in failing public schools don't want to educate the product of Democrats, and public schools keep them dumb down, so they're easily controlled. And so we Republicans want to have more black babies born. We're kind of in favor of right to life. We want to get more black babies born. They don't. We want better quality education for children, they don't. And we want to vote in elections. They don't want you to vote. And so it's all about playing the game. Rob Sanders, you got me all fired up now about Mauritania, which I didn't know exist until I looked at Alexa. But once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and Rob, you and your family have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Willie, thank you for having me. It's always great to be on your show. Look forward to the next time.
Speaker 2: Take care and God bless Mauritania. Let's continue. Wow, all right, your comments are next. Dasshear won in Ohio. If you vote yes, that means no more voting. When it comes to deciding who draws the lines, the bureaucrats will decide for you. And that's called democracy. Bill Cunningham News Radio, seven hundreds WLW, I.
Speaker 1: Love one spent.
Speaker 2: Let's continue, Billy Cunningham, the great American Jonah you and I now is Mayor Dan Allers, who controls Fort Myers Beach, one of the areas hit by the hurricane, and dan Uh Dan Alers, the mayor, thank you again for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. We have many residents who are in the tri State but also have homes and Fort Myers Beach. Can you tell the American people? First of all, how did Fort Myers Beach do? Just in a general sense, definitely.
Speaker 5: Speaking, I think we did.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: We had more water than what we had with with hallen See, not as much as we had with Ian. The water filled up the stair Boulevard, the main thoroughfare here if you're familiar with it, with a lot of with a lot of sand and there, and it wasn't safe for people to pass. So we've been down here since about three this morning with our staff and contractors getting the road as passable as we can to allow residents on. And we got water restored about an hour ago, and we just now started letting about fifteen minutes ago, started letting the residents on the island. Hopefully we'll be able to get some power here in the next day or so so that get back to as close.
Speaker 1: To normal as we can and mayor ollers.
Speaker 2: At the height of the storm, how much of the ocean how many feet was Fort Mars Beach underwater?
Speaker 5: We were The best we can tell so far is about six to ten feet, depending on where you're at on the island. Some places got more, someplaces got less. Helene, it was about five five and a half feet, pretty universal across the island. So this one had a bigger search, had a bigger wind. It came at night, which was a little more difficult. I'm sorry, we got some guys going by with buggies, but yeah, So this morning we had we had a lot of things staged and ready to go to be able to get the road as clear as we can. We were still I got stuck three or four times, and in a four wheel drive truck, so we wanted to make sure people weren't going to get stuff trying to get their houses cleaned up and ready to go. But the reason we were able to do it so fast is is people really heeded the warning.
Speaker 3: We were really quick to get out to evacuate.
Speaker 5: Which sometimes can backfire on you if nothing happens, but in this case, everybody listened and because of that, the fire chief had zero calls in the queue for search and rescue this morning, So because he didn't have to bring out search and rescue teams or to go look for bodies or go look for people, because everybody heeded the warning and left, allowed us to start the clean up and the recovery almost instantaneously this morning. So it pays when people listen. Not only were we going to have everybody coming back, but supposed to be coming back and living here and enjoying paradise. We didn't lose anybody, and we're able to get ahead of the game by cleaning up.
Speaker 2: As we said here about twelve forty two pm on Thursday afternoon, is the ocean fully receded, and is Fort Myers Beach currently a beach again.
Speaker 5: Well, it's it has receded.
Speaker 3: It's still the beach.
Speaker 5: It's gonna need some cleaning obviously. We're concentrating on the main roads in the side streets so people can get to their homes. And once we finished that, the next thing is we'll attack the beach to get that cleaned up. Because after a long, hard day of sweating and trying to clean out your house for the fourth or fifth time since two years ago, it's always nice to be able to walk to the beach and enjoy a sunset. And if we can get people of their houses and get them to enjoy the sunset, that's that's a good start.
Speaker 1: To recovery now, mayor all.
Speaker 2: As you said yesterday, that's your own home, which was somewhat elevated, and you kind of said you might have said goodbye to it for the last time. That's what you said yesterday afternoon. Can you say hello to your house today? Is still there?
Speaker 5: I was able to Yeah, it's still there. You know, a little bit of clean up like every you know, a lot of clean up, I guess you say, But we took everything out of the house and pretty much left in bearer Bo like many people did, and packed up as much as we could and took it off island. So we'll have some work cleaning up and putting things back together, but it's better than the alternative having houses gone. From what we can tell so far initial things, there has been really a lot of major structural damage. We did have one resident who's home that was about fifty percent complete since Ian did come off the pilings and collapsed, But so far that's my major thing we've seen. We have seen some small, small issues, but nothing catastrophic like we did with the end.
Speaker 2: Well, when I talked to some of your residents who live here, like Tim and Jill Dickie, they tell me that Fort Myers Beach was recovering the last two years, And you pointed out yesterday. Then in the last two years since Ian, there's been there's been three other events of a minor character. This would be the fifth over a two year period, but the Fort Myers Beach was recovering. Do you have a sense now you're looking many many months or years until there's a recovery.
Speaker 5: Well, I think we'll to get back to where we were, you know, for Ian, we shouldn't take that home. To get back to where we were on verse twenty seven two before the day before Ian hit. That's going to probably take a few years, but I will say in the last year, to see him on the new homes that have gone off and people getting back in their new residences which have survived this storm because they're built to current building codes, is encouraging. You know, this will definitely be a little bit of a hiccup, but we don't expect it to be a major one. As I've said before with you, I believed many times the as long as the sunset and a nice beach where people can go and relax and unwine and forget about their day, you'll always have a place where people want to come live, visit, make it their home.
Speaker 2: Do you have a fatigue? As the mayor, you're the leader of Fort Myers Beach. I guess you can't have fatigue. You can't say this is beating me down. But many residents do they have a fatigue after all these storms?
Speaker 1: I think I think they have.
Speaker 5: You know, mental, physical, and financial fatigue. There's no way anybody could honestly say that they don't have that. After going through five storms in two years. You know, it takes its toll on your pocket book, your body, and your mentality. But you know, as we were just at that point, I think after end where people were feeling good again, they could see us coming back. I think the fact that when they get back, they're going to be able to see that we were able to get this cleaned very quickly with the help of them leaving and allowing us to get to work right away. I think that'll inspire some hoping people. It'll inspire some energy. I can tell you I'm watching a steady flow of traffic as I talk to you come on to the island that they are all residents when coming back to open up their homes and get their lives back in order. So I think it'll it's inspirational. I think if you see that, you forget about your wounds when you get home at night and you relax a little bit, maybe you think about them, but then the next morning, you know, like all min investerners do, you get up and you put your boots on, you go to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're from Minnesota. For those who may not know, you came down from Minnesota to far Mari speech about twenty years ago, and you decided to accept the mantle of leadership during a consequential time and I other than the last two years. For those who say this happens all the time, isn't it true that in the last twenty or thirty years you went through about fifteen or twenty years with no hurricanes at all. Just the last two years, it's it's been, it's been challenging. Is that fair to say this is not normal?
Speaker 5: No, it is not normal. I've talked to people that have been here for forty fifty years, and you know, they aren't shocked by this. They're shocked at the severity of two of the five storms, but they're not shocked in it. They feel it's it's kind of like bell bottoms and mullets every twenty it seems like things recycle, disco things like that, and these storms. From what they tell me, it's back in two thousand and four ish, two thousand and three, two thousand and four there was a cycle storms that came through Charlie being one. So to them, it's not shocking that it happens, and then it goes twenty years or so without anything happening, and then it seems like just when you've forgotten on mother Nature, it could really show you bosses things like this happened.
Speaker 6: But you know, technology comes a long way. You learn a lot from every storm. You know, when you're walking away from something that just happened last night and what happened two weeks ago, and people.
Speaker 5: Are like, oh, we'll gladly take that, that tells you how severe it was with Ian. And when people have a mentality like that, well, this wasn't that bad. It's bad, don't get me wrong, but compared to what we saw two years ago, it's not bad. That's it's nice to hear people look at it that way and not think, oh, poor me. Not again. I mean, you do have some of that, but for the most part, it's people are Okay, let's let's get this back going again, and so let's get it back open to tell me the sun is out. I mean, there's no clouds in the sky today, the sun's out. There's a little bit of a breeze that it has passed by us pretty quickly, so it's helping us get things dried out. And it's not too hot to be working. If you open your windows, so you know, things could be much worse. We know the people did in the north of us on the Barrier Islands, took it on the Chimer's time, and certainly understand what they're going true, and our thoughts and prayers are with them, and anything we can do once we dig ourselves out, will be there to help them, and any guidance we can give them, please reach out. I'll be more happy to help you any way I can. But just know that you can get through it. It's it's it's challenging, and it's it's it's hard, but you keep your mind right, you'll be able to get through anything.
Speaker 2: Lastly, when will the UH our only residents allowed on Fort Myers Beach, No dawkers, no other people, just residents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right now, it's residents only with their hurricane entry pass and get onto the island. Once we can get a sterile boulevard safe to pass there, that will come to contractors back on so they can get back to work. And so far, you know, we've had some grumblings, but people understand, you know, the fact that they're getting on you know, three hours four hours after daylight. Bro I would say that's a win for the town and it's residents and are a couple of rumby people at first, but they're getting back to open up their houses to air it out, to protect their stuff and the tractors. I'm hopefully at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: And I would take every facility is effect that they have six seven eight serge water is in every facility on Fort Myers Beach.
Speaker 1: Is that fair to say?
Speaker 5: It's pretty fair to say. Yeah. I mean, if you have an elevated home, you still had water down in your garage and your breakaway walls. Is that but none We didn't see any breakaway walls come undone, which is good. It didn't look like any of the water got to any electrical panels, which is very important. When the water gets above your electrical panels, that shuts the entire island down because now everyone has to replace their panel, their breakers and it creates a big shortage. And if I could give any recommendation to those to the north of us that are going through this, if you have access to electrical panels anywhere in the country, try to get your hand in one now, because it was a big setback for us after Ian just trying to find the product to be able to exult it. Plenty of people to do the work, you just couldn't find the product. So that's going to be their initial challenges, the goods to do the work well.
Speaker 2: I have friends like Johnny Kraft to craft of Electric and Craftsmen Electric here. So you're saying that you need panels.
Speaker 5: We do not the ones that got hit to the north of us. When they start building back, it's not going to be immediate, but when they start building back there, it's going to be an outcry for electrical panels will be the first thing you'll start to see. I haven't see after cleaning rake, shovels, brooms, things like that. You're going to see an outcry of people needing electrical panels. After Ian, every single structure on our island needed a new electrical panel. Commercial, residential condos everyone needed to replace their electrical panel, and a lot we're trying to do it at the same time, which created a heck of a shortage across the country.
Speaker 2: Mayor Allers, I'm glad that people of Fort Mars Beach has a character like you in charge. I often say things are interesting at times I wish they weren't so interesting. At times I wish things were normal. There's no better sunset. I've been on the island three or four times. Maybe as things calm down, I'll have a glass of hotty Toddy with you. But there's no more beautiful place an American than to be on the be on the beach of Fort Myers Beach to watch the sunset. There's nothing better, and uh I know it. Ultimately, Americans and Florida Flertian so will certainly overcome this and go on with life. But Dan Alller's, the mayor of Fort Myers Beach, thank you this afternoon for taking the time to report to the American people. And may God bless you and God bless America. Dan, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Thanks Bill, have a good day.
Speaker 2: God bless you. Let's continue with more there it is. I had some doubt whether you and I could connect with him. I tried twice this morning without success, and he got to in an area where there was better cell service. So for those who have property down there, you heard what he had to say. And every structure when you have six to eight feet of seawater come over the top of your home, over the top of your island. For a period of several hours. It's a problem, but more than any other state, Florida is able to handle these difficulties because they do it so often, they get pretty good at it. Governor Bush, Jeff Bush eight years, is really good at it. Now De Santus has learned from him, and he's leaving office in about two years. And I would anticipate the next governor of Florida, without the involvement of a great vice president, will be able to do their duty as God gives them the light to see that duty without too much difficulty. So let's continue with more after one o'clock today is Jeff Crueir wrote to call him in town hall. Really good stuff about lett him eat cake. How the elitist in Washington and here really want you to know your role and shut your mouth and actually either don't vote it, don't get involved. Something in that character which is really unbelievable. In fact, State Issue won is something we talked about the last day or two. I voted in and already I would encourage you to vote early and often on statusue won and vote no. But those who put this together are essentially saying they want to eliminate your right to vote. The language says, briefly, quote a majority yes vote for this amendment to pass. The proposed amendment would repeal constitutional protections against gerry mandering approved by nearly three quarters of Ohio voters and two state wide elections, and also eliminate the ability of Ohio citizens to hold the representatives accountable for establishing a fair state legislative and congressional district. That means, if you pass State Issue one, voting is done. When it comes to electing the people who draw the lines. See the Democrats, having lost elections, want to change the rules. So I thought, the party that cares about democracy wants to eliminate democratic votes. And if you vote yes on State Issue one, you will encourage jerry mandering. And secondly, you would take away your right taing vote. In the future for the persons who draw the lines, it'll be done by a panel of experts. Is that what you want? Are you that stupid they think you are? And if you believe television ads inform you independently and objectively on an issue, then you're more stupid than the Democrats think. Don't be stupid. Vote no insteadus you won. Let's keep the right to vote. Does that make sense to anyone?
Speaker 7: How about the right to vote for the people who issue rulings in governance that controls your life.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be able to vote for that.
Speaker 2: Person or you want a bunch of college professors telling you where the lines are and you can't vote for You can't vote them out. Once they're in, they're in and the power to vote is gone. How does the party that care so much about democracy want to take away your vote? I call that hypocrisy. Twelve fifty five Home of your Reds and Bengals. There's Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Bill cunning in the Great American.
Speaker 2: Of course, I continue to follow all the polls, especially relative to the presidential race.
Speaker 1: What's happening, what is not happening.
Speaker 2: I happen to check in on Tuesday as the hurricanes are basically striking Florida and elsewhere, and I happen to watch MSNBC so you don't have to. And I found out from MSNBC that Kamala Harris is on the rise, that she's connecting with the American people, that they're going to use to her personality, and that she's likely to win the presidency. But then I deal with reality, and I see crises confusion everywhere. I see Kamala Harris trying to horn in on the FEMA responses in the Great State of Florida to Uncle Milty Milton. I see her conducting press conferences in a blitz involving a sex podcast in which she's discussing three ways and I'm not talking about chili. With Howard Stern. She talks about the kind of breakfast cereals she enjoys. Then she's on Colbert one night drinking a beer as people are dying in Florida and North Carolina.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, you know.
Speaker 2: What, maybe that's not the case. Maybe that is not the case, and so I want to deal with reality. Jeff Krueir, who's a radio talk show host and an author headquartered in New Orleans, has written a column a few days ago, October the seventh, that deals with America's last Let Them Eat Cake, Let Them Eat Cake, Jeff crewe Air, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show and number one. Are you shocked to find out that Kamala Harris is rising the polls, She's showing great leadership at these FEMA get togethers, that she's doing the media tour with all the friendlies and getting great answers to all those stupid questions. Are you shocked that Kamala Harris has seized control of this race?
Speaker 8: Bill, It's great to be with you.
Speaker 9: I will say that is an indication that she's doing all these softball interviews that things.
Speaker 8: Are not going well.
Speaker 9: She had to do all these interviews because her polls are not looking good. Reports that I'm getting show that her internal poll numbers are not good, that she is worried, that they are freaking out. They see things going in the opposite direction for what MSNBC was saying. So, yeah, she's in trouble. She's in big trouble.
Speaker 8: She'd love to.
Speaker 9: Have another debate with Donald Trump. I hope he doesn't do it. He doesn't need it. He's doing well. He needs to keep doing what he's doing. She's the one that's having a hard time. You know, when you're drinking beer on late night TV, when you're having to go on Howard Stern's show and talk about cereal, you know things are not good.
Speaker 8: Bill, not good.
Speaker 2: And then you got the view. Of course, the ladies in the View made news without knowing it. They wanted her to answer the question better, but I think it was sunny. Houston said to her, what would you have done differently in the past four years as the vice president? Her eyes rolled back on her head like a great white shark eating a tuna, and she said.
Speaker 1: Well, really nothing.
Speaker 2: Her whole campaign was based upon a new way forward, a new we're going forward, and according to politico dot Com, when she came off set, one of her advisors said, what in the hell are you doing. It's a new pass forward, We're going a new direction. You can't say I did nothing different. And then she goes on call her daddy, call her daddy, a woman named I guess it's a woman named Alex Cooper, and they're reminiscing about unprotected sex and threesims in three ways and should you give your husband a Hall pass?
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking, man, that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm thinking about that, but nonetheless, the average American is probably not thinking about a three way.
Speaker 8: Just think about it, Bill. She's going on all.
Speaker 9: These frivolous programs while Americans are getting, you know, impacted by these hurricanes, while people are suffering, while they're not getting FEMA assistance, while she's trying to horn in on Governor DeSantis handling a hurricane there in Florida and insert herself into the conversation somehow. I mean, she's handled everything involving these hurricanes in the wrong way. Even Biden looked good in comparison by saying Desanders is doing a great job. Biden sabotaging her more than anybody else.
Speaker 8: Bill, He's saying, yeah, there's no difference between me and Kamala.
Speaker 9: Oh and by the way, Ron de Santras is doing a great job, and I'm in constant contact with him. But of course he won't take Kamala Harris's call.
Speaker 8: Why should he?
Speaker 10: She doesn't.
Speaker 8: What does she bring to the table. Nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm watching.
Speaker 2: I'm watching on one of the morning talk shows, and Ron DeSantis is up there. He's up to his waist and alligators. He's got the army behind him, he's got thirty thousand trucks running around Florida. He's got eighteen thousand meals being delivered to Hillsboro County. And then the stupid, idiotic reporter of female probably from Columbia School of Broadcasting, said, and mister Deatanna is mister Datanna is the mister, have you returned the call of Kamala Harris? Have you returned her call? And he looked at her and said, who No, I said, I deal with the president.
Speaker 1: I deal with family.
Speaker 7: She's try I don't have time for Kamala. Well, why didn't you talk to Kamala Harris. I don't want to talk to Kamala Harris. I'm up to my as an alligators. I got problems there on the media wants her to talk to Kamala Harris. You got to talk to her? Or is it Kamala Kamala? I'm not sure I wanted to talk to her. I'm losing my mind, Jeff, I'm losing my mind.
Speaker 9: You know that exposes two things. One the great job that Rond de Santis is doing and secondly, how biased this horrible media is.
Speaker 8: That's exactly what she did.
Speaker 9: She was trying to get some kind of a political point here against Rond de Santras.
Speaker 8: And help out Kamala Harris.
Speaker 9: It did the opposite, made her look ridiculous and bolstered Rondasantis's image. And she's really flailing around right now. I think she's having a real hard time. My sense, Bill is that her numbers are going down. Trump is in a strong position in all seven of these battleground states. I think he could theoretically win all seven. So right now I think the edge goes to Trump.
Speaker 8: He is doing well.
Speaker 9: We don't know what kind of way they're going to try to steal this thing. But even Carville I saw the other day.
Speaker 8: Carville's worried. So when he's worried, I'm happy.
Speaker 9: Bill.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one of your guys from Louisiana. That guy looks like an old cobra snake. I mean, that guy, James Carvill doesn't look right. Something's wrong with it. Could be an alien at sometime for nont look.
Speaker 9: At Yeah, I think he is.
Speaker 5: I like his wife.
Speaker 8: She's a friend of mine. She's a nice lady.
Speaker 9: But I don't know what the heck she was thinking marrying that guy.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, love will always find a way, especially if you're watching like like have Pleasure with your Daddy, if you have that podcast, love will find a way. I'm reading the story out of townhall dot com or your columns often appear. Former MSNBC political analyst Mark Alpern dropped a significant bomb on the Harris campaign indicating that she's likely lose six of the seven battleground states and maybe get swept. He says, the latest surveys of Kamal hairs at risk of losing six swing states. Helper and note it. And this was trumpeted also by Frank Luntz that underneath the polling there's significant problems because the American people want change, and so I would ask you before I get to your column. I'll get to that at some point. It appears that seventy percent of us think the country's headed in the wrong direction, and about eighty five percent of Republicans and sixty percent of Democrats.
Speaker 1: Say, whether it's the cost of food.
Speaker 7: Housing, mortgages, whatever it might be, illegals entering the country, wars overseas, we're heading in the wrong direction.
Speaker 2: And so a columnists pointed out that maybe the wrong messages. Let's keep things going, maybe the wrong messages. I wouldn't change anything, but the new path forward just crashed and burned. Now let's talk about your column, because you a great sentence in here, and it says the following. The open border also allowed undocumented migrants from around the world to stream into our country. Among these quote newcomers, as Biden likes to call the newcomers, were terrorists, drug dealers, murderers, and rapists. We have a little part of Greater Cincinnati called Lachlan and Wyoming, little communities about five or eight thousand people each, and there's hundreds of Mareitanians that have showed up in Wyoming and Lachlan who wander the streets not speaking the English and they're looking for work or waiting for their permit, and they've had a couple of little.
Speaker 1: Town meetings and whatever.
Speaker 2: A town resident in the back of the room raised their hand and saying, mister mayor, mister mayor, why don't we have more Tanians whoever that is running around Lochland And you're you're kind of told you're a rasist, know your roll and shut your mouth. You're from New Orleans. How much of a problem is Louisiana? Are the resettlement of these quote newcomers from the Biden Harris administration.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we have a big problem because in our ran in Parish Jefferson, we've had a number of folks in recent weeks murdered by illegal aliens.
Speaker 8: That are here.
Speaker 9: So we're affected. We're right next door to Texas. So we have an onslaught coming here. You know, Ohio is a way nowhere near the border, and.
Speaker 8: You've got Haitians.
Speaker 9: You've got people from all over the world being settled there.
Speaker 8: And all over the country.
Speaker 9: So every state bill is a border state now due to this disaster known as a Biden Harris administration. And you're right, people want change. They want to secure border, they want a good economy, they want us out of these forever wars. They want to put America first. And there's nothing racist about that bill. That's what Americans want to want. Our government working for us, not working for these warmongers, not working to bring people in here from all over the world. How about helping the tax paying Americans bill, how about helping us. That's what really Ill was trying to write about, that we need to put America first.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 9: We're sending money to Lebanon, Ukraine, everywhere all over the world.
Speaker 8: We got people that are in serious need after these hurricanes. That's where our focus needs to be built.
Speaker 2: You have a column that says the following. To make matters Worset, FEMA has been preventing Good Samaritans from helping Hurricane Heleen victims in North Carolina. Elon Musk, owing to a SpaceX, revealed that one of his engineers helping on the ground, reported that FEMA is actively blocking shipments and seizing goods and services. I had a call the other day from a North Carolinian who was a restaurant owner that took grills and personnel to feed hungry people in the hills of North Carolina. And he was told by FEMA and the local sheriff to stop. You can't do that. That's not FEMA approved. And he's saying, you want these people to go hungry, And he kept doing it and said, I dare you to arrest me, and the police officer did not arrest him. Explain why the government does not like Good Samaritans, They don't like the Graham Foundation, they don't like Elon Musk, they don't like anyone other than FEMA assistance.
Speaker 9: Right because I guess they want to take all the credit for the recovery. But here's the problem. FEMA is always late. We know it from New Orleans for Katrina. They were very late to arrive. They always give limited assistance. Seven hundred and fifty dollars Are you kidding me? People have lost everything and they're offering what seven hundred and fifty dollars And I'm talking to people, Bill, who get denied when they try to apply for the seven hundred and fifty dollars. So the best way to help people is to help these good groups. We've got a Louisiana group that does excellent work. It's called the Cajun Navy. They go all around to these hurricane ravaged areas and offer assistance, do a great job rescuing people. Samaritan's Purse. They're all kind of great groups that are really effective, unlike FEMA, and they get the job done, and they rescue people, and they put all the money toward helping victims. You know, with FEMA, we've got bureaucracy, we've got an action, we've got waste, We've got a billion plus going to reset migrants all over the country. I mean, come on, Bill, that should be disaster relief, not migrant resettlement.
Speaker 2: It's pitiful and also part of your colum to Biden. Harris Administration's ambassador to the US Agency for Development, Samantha Power, boasted in a video recently that American aid is allowed a half a million Ukrainians to have electricity for lighting and heat. Also, I imagine we're paying the civil service, the American taxpayers paying Ukrainian civil service, and also their retirement account. We are refilling the accounts of those who work in Ukraine and increasing the money we give them for their four toh one k account in Ukraine and getting the lights on in Ukraine. Now, one might ask the question, possibly, maybe you should focus on Americans first. By by raising the issue, you're not an internationalist anymore. I dare you, Jeff Carreer, to prioritize over Ukrainians.
Speaker 1: I dare you to do that.
Speaker 9: And by the way, they're three million right now with that power in Florida. So let's get their lights on first before worrying about Ukraine.
Speaker 8: You know, Bill, if we put this to a vote to.
Speaker 9: The American people, they would say, end this craziness where we're dumping two hundred billion dollars into a war halfway around the world when we've been invaded. We got problems, We've got homeless vets, we got hurricane victims, we have all kinds of needs. We wasted six trillion in the wars in Afghanistan and I rock two hundred billion and more in Ukraine.
Speaker 8: It's time to put America first.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 9: That's why Donald Trump is going to win. It's going to make America great again. This has got to happen. This nonsense has got to end.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine it's about a month from now, Kamala Harris win's the presidency with the marshmallow Man. They have a big rally, and you know what, Basically the American people want what we're doing right now.
Speaker 1: We need more of this on steroids.
Speaker 2: We need another seventy five thousand killed by synthetic operoi opioys. We need to bring in more African South American Central Americans. I wish they were all white Presbyterians from Scotland so we didn't have a racial argument. And she says, let's keep it going. The new way forward is the old way, and we go like that for the next eight years. Imagine the country then we won't.
Speaker 9: Have a country Bill if that happens. And by the way, if she's elected, God forbid, she's going to go back to the Kamala Harris at twenty nineteen. She's going to go back to the radical socialist that she was when she ran for president. Now she's trying to pretend she's a moderate. This is all to get elected. If she gets in, she's back to the real Kamala. And of course, this guy waltz Oh a socialist. He's a crazed lunatic, and that's why she picked him. I mean, they're just perfectly aligned politically.
Speaker 2: Bill Well, I'd say this when you say, if this was on the ballot, we know, well it is on the ballot. All these issues are on the ballot. And Trump, god knows it, is not a great candidate by the viewpoints of many, but damn it, his policies work and the peccadillos are one thing. Personally, he's wonderful. The public persona of Donald Trump, loud and brash, is not the private persona of Donald Trump, and his policies work is going to be chaos. The chaos will reigned. Supreme Senator Bernie Sanders said it best about two months ago. Well, after all, he was asked whether or not this metamorphosis of a conservative Kamala Harris is actually true, and Senator Harris is Senator Bernie Senders, of course not. Once she gets elected, we know what she's going to do and I'm thinking right, well, Bernie, thank you for telling us that.
Speaker 9: And by the way, she was ranked as more liberal in the Senate than Bernie Sanders, So that gives you an idea of really how radical.
Speaker 8: This individual is.
Speaker 9: Far far part of the left. She's the most left wing candidate we've ever had for president. They're the most left wing ticket we've ever had. You know, we cannot we cannot elect them. It would be the destruction of America. So, Bill, I mean, so much is on the line in this election. I mean everything is really on the line. Everything is on the line.
Speaker 2: The column is Americans last. Let them meet Cake. Jeff crue Air from New Orleans. Good luck to you and good luck with us. Silly mayor you have. And maybe she'll be the Secretary of State and get that one mayor out of South south of Chicago. She can be in charge of the Department of Commerce. She'd be great at that. But all right, once again, Jeff Crueir on townhall dot Com. You're a great American. Quit laughing, and thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Jeff, Yes, indeed, thank you, Bill, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, let him meet Cake. We're turning on the lights in Ukraine, but not Florida. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundreds WLW.
Speaker 12: Was democracy best served by President Biden stepping down and basically handing you a nomination. He didn't have to go through a primary process, you didn't have to fight off other contenders. That's not really the way our system was intended to work.
Speaker 10: President Biden made a decision that I think history is going to show is rare among leaders, which was to put country before self. And I am proud to have earned the support of the vast majority of delegates and to have been elected the Democratic nominee. I am proud to have received the endorsement of leaders around this country from every background and walk of life to fight in this election over the next month for our democracy.
Speaker 12: But I think this truncated process is why people think or saying they don't really know who you are.
Speaker 10: Look, I've been in this for seventy days.
Speaker 2: Hello, quiet skulls, I'm broadcasting menaging those kind of responses for forty eight years from now.
Speaker 1: Seg Man, unbelievable. Andy mcleast.
Speaker 2: Bill Whittaker of sixty Minutes asked a few questions. I'm like, know your daddy? Who's your daddy? Podcast? In what she talked about sex, sex and more sex with a woman named Alex. Yeah, but they're taking the sixty minutes taking some heat and one of her questions was like a dumb answer and then they kind of, uh, they kind of redid it or did something in AI and I don't know it was well, they didn't sixty minutes. Wanted to clean up her answered by giving a different one. Yeah, that's okay. They do the same thing for Trump, wouldn't They will heave the stood reporters approach service of your local Tame Star Heating in their conditioning dealers. Tame Star quality you could feel in Cincinnati Braun and Braun Heating at five one, three, three eight, five seventy seven sixty five Sports and also Willy, we want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant and Bar, the world's greatest fried chicken.
Speaker 1: It's clucking good.
Speaker 2: Sixty four years in business, Young Pam bringing down our lunch today thirty eight to fifty three Race Road on the good Old West Side at five seven.
Speaker 1: Four two two two.
Speaker 2: I like Pam Bengals Update Wille brought to you by Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town and thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. It's of course at Bengals and New York Football Giants Sunday night at what is it MetLife Stadium or something?
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Preview the game tonight on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Toe Sheldon Roundtable Show, Lance and Rocky Live from Longnecks and Richwood six oh five here on seven hundred WLW and segment I Understand from Lance Mcallistroy monitor his show at nine last night, he said that the Reds have more interest now than the Bengals. And it's October, and I don't mean the October surprise. But do you think the Bengals are completely irrelevant and immaterial or just irrelevant or just immateial? Neither the irrelevant. They start winning, everybody, You'll be alright, calm down. Does any team in the NFL have a worse record than the Bengals Jacksonville?
Speaker 1: No, they don't. It's the same. Well, so what the question is this? Does any team have a worse record than the Bank?
Speaker 3: What are you on?
Speaker 1: Sixty minutes or something?
Speaker 2: He's asking the questions you don't give me the answers like Kamala Harrison Thursday night, NFL San Francisco at Seattle seven thirty, Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Can you see it tonight? It was one of these things.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We don't care, do we don't promote television? You think they promote US Baseball? The Mets or in the National League Championship Series down in those Phillies.
Speaker 1: Wow, I want neither team to win.
Speaker 2: So the Mets are now await either the Dodgers and Padres winner go home tomorrow night in Los Angeles in Game five.
Speaker 7: That'll be a crisis. You're talking about a riot. The boys in New York would like New York versus LA. Do you agree, Bingo? They do not want anything. They don't want San Diego. They want the Dodgers and the Metropolitans. Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Or could it end up Subway series.
Speaker 2: And you see the Mets and the Yankees playing there, I'm not so sure they If the Royals take out the Yanks, I want the Royals to win. So an end of the day, you didn't answer the question, what do the Reds have more dominance in October now than the Bengals. Oh, they obviously got a big shot. The other day when Terry Francona was officially announced he's gonna be here.
Speaker 1: You didn't answer the question.
Speaker 2: Detroit and Cleveland today tonight at six the and Motown the Tigers up to one. New York up to one as they play again the night in Kansas City a little after eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: We'll see about that.
Speaker 2: Let's see Rafa Rafa Rafa Nadell announcing his retirement Raa from the sport at the end of the season.
Speaker 1: What a heart.
Speaker 2: Thirty eight year old has won twenty two Grand Slams, including fourteen French Open titles. He is the king of clay, no question.
Speaker 3: Well done, Rapha.
Speaker 13: Can you say that among your twenty two major titles, the last two in Australia and Roland Garos are probably the most unexpected given everything that was going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, but it's not the day.
Speaker 14: Not much about the twenty two and nice a day about talking about Rodan Arras because here we are and for me have this trophy next to me again means everything. No, so yeah, I've been a emotional victories without a doubt I expected in some way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, happy.
Speaker 7: No, I mean, uh, you know Sagan tennis. If you got Rafa the Joker confederer and then Serena gone, those are four.
Speaker 2: Maybe the jokers still had al Karez coming up. He got a joker still playing. He's on his way out. I'm just saying. Nadal is a past champion of the Cincinnata Open. He was there, presented by John Barrett in twenty thirteen, about a year ago. And when you had, you had golf and you had Joker, right, you had something pretty good. Now who won the men's title and the woman's title this year?
Speaker 1: Segment? What a at tennis? Tennis? Jonnick Center? And he also won the next one.
Speaker 2: He won the US Open, Right, what about the ladies Arena Sabolenka.
Speaker 1: You can't say that?
Speaker 11: Why not?
Speaker 1: And you said their name? Can you say Sabolinka? You just did? And you say Trent to Felu, He's the king of Republicans. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: The NHL to I Columbus Blue Jackets open their season tonight on the road versus the Minnesota Wild. Take a look to you right there. Segment, there's Tampa not looking good. I talked to Mugs, Mugs and Tony. Are they Okay, they're hairy as men and they're okay, Well, that's good. I talked to the mugs there on CNN.
Speaker 1: Is that him?
Speaker 2: He's not that attractive. The mugs doesn't have any hair. But I talked to the mayor of Fort Myers Beach, Dan Allers. Yes, and six to eight feet every square inch of Fort Myers Beach was under the ocean. But now the recovery begins, segment recovery begins. Have you been to Fort Myers Beach? I've been to Fort Myers Wooey, because that's where the I didn't ask you that that's where the miracle play. They played there, and I didn't ask you that. No, I didn't been to the beach. I've been to Fort Myers. Like to see your spring training? Now, what about Matt McClain. Is he's still hitting with with the Hound Dogs of the Dogs. Well, the Assault River beat the Glendale Desert Dogs yesterday four to two. But but pitching prospect of the Reds, Connor Phillips had a good outing four innings, two hits, no runs, no walks, seven K'SO you pitch against what team, Salt River? That's not exactly the Cubs of the He's, well, you've got major leaguers on these teams. They just break up the major league teams and put them on these other teams in the Arizona Fall League. Why does he keep playing?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: You don't want them to sit around and get fat like me, do you? What about Matt McClain one hundred and sixty eight days till opening day? And Tito Francona going one to zero the the San Francisco Giants.
Speaker 1: What about Cees?
Speaker 2: Don't know what he did yesterday? Marte, I don't think he's in Arizona. How about Friedel? Friedle's in the Freedles, at home somewhere. What about Hunter Green? Hunter Green's at home with his dog. What about Lodolo, He's probably in Florida someplace. What about Abbott? Probably the same place? Well what about Ascraft?
Speaker 1: Don't know?
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna be off the DL by any hopes, so they better be also? Will he one big thing on Sunday Night? The New York Football Giants lead the league in quarterback sacks so far with twenty two. The Bengals have six six and watch out for Dexter Lawrence, one of their big defensive guys, he's got six sacks already.
Speaker 1: Segment.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a report here from the Hamlety County Board of Elections. Long lines, traffic backups everywhere. Jeff Beckham, the brother of David Beckham, says he's trying to vote and he can't.
Speaker 1: The long was the Democrats closer down the doors.
Speaker 2: And stanton shoe one. If you want to end democracy? Aw, what's the deal on? Because I tell you stupid it is state issue, these stupid state issues.
Speaker 1: If you want to vote no, you vote yes. That's wrong. If you want to vote yes, you vote no. That's wrong. So what how do you vote on me?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you this is stupid. You vote no, but let me tell you why. Okay, Twice Americans living in Ohio put restraints on so called jerrymandering. In twenty fourteen and twenty sixteen, we voted you can't do this, can't do that. So the Democrats, who keep losing elections want to change the rules. So now a state issue, one would say, among other things, the main thing is there'll be a board of experts put together to draw lines in you. Segment, A slept voter will have no more voting on that topic, there'll be no issue. So you participate in democracy by not voting.
Speaker 1: Who are the experts? They're going to be picked by other.
Speaker 2: Experts, Well, who are their experts. They're going to be picked by experts, not you, but others. And so if you want to quit voting, vote yes on issue one. If you think, wait a minute, I want to control the people, the human beings to make decisions. I can vote yea or nay for that person. Vote no on state issue one. So it's vote no on one absolutely. Okay, you've got to be stupid to vote yes, because if you want to quit voting and democracy, then vote yes.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: It is segment even you might be able to understand this. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: A majority yes vote means it would repeal protections against jerry mandering approved by three quarters of the Ohio electors in twenty fifteen twenty eighteen, and eliminate the ability of Ohio citizens to hold their representatives accountable for establishing fair state legislative lines. In other words, Democrats say, vote for this, There'll be no more voting. Does that make sense to you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Then vote no.
Speaker 7: It can't be that stupid, Okay, or are you no?
Speaker 1: I'm telling to vote no. I will vote no. Do you agree yes? Vote no? Yes? There you go again. He's got to vote no. Okay.
Speaker 2: Coming up next is a Moller father, a Maler high school dad, and a sheriff. And the Maller dad lost his son to fentanyl, and the sheriff's here from Texas to talk about what's happening with fentanyl in northern Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio segment.
Speaker 7: Vote no, don't say yes, Say no. Are you voting no? We That means yes, you're supposed to vote no. I'm voting no. Good, don't say that again.
Speaker 1: Okay. Get me out of the sutureport.
Speaker 2: Will you, and out of a beautiful day here in the Tri State and vote no on one.
Speaker 7: If you're a clown, vote yes. If you're not a clown, vote no.
Speaker 2: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stude Report.
Speaker 12: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyah who is not listening well build.
Speaker 10: The work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 12: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyah who is not listening.
Speaker 10: We're not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.
Speaker 2: The first one was her real answer. The second one was sixty minutes cleaning up her real answer to make her sound even less stupid.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, are you stupid? No? That's right. Vote no, Let's continue.
Speaker 2: Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW by Billy Cunningham, The Great America Get out it again on Sunday night. The Bengals in New York should be an easy victory. Of course, the last four games should have been easy victory for the Bengals. That's a different matter. Joining you and I now is Tom Quell, and also Sheriff Thoutius Cleveland on the Southern border. First of all, Tom Quell, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 2: Twenty four year old son Jack Mueller high school grad I'm sure a great kid, and explained his story and how he died.
Speaker 1: So Jack, You're right. He went to Muller High School.
Speaker 15: He graduated in twenty sixteen, he was top ten academically in his class. He gave one of the graduation speeches at the graduation. In twenty sixteen, got a great scholarship to the University of South Carolina, studied abroad, went to three different countries over three semesters, and we never worried about him, you know, he was just a self sufficient.
Speaker 1: Great kid.
Speaker 15: In twenty twenty he graduated from South Carolina and it was a height of COVID. So he got a job at the Hex Corporation in Baltimore, but lived with us for a year and worked remote because of COVID, which is everybody hated COVID. But it was probably the best year we had because we had Jack at home. We knew he was worldly, We knew that he would go somewhere. He wanted to start his own company, be an entrepreneur. And when August of twenty one it was time COVID had dissipated, he had moved to Baltimore, we went up Labor Day weekend to visit him and it was the last time we saw him alive.
Speaker 2: So as a parent, you wanted to give your son roots correct wings exactly, and sometimes the wings take over the roots. But the year you spent with him on home as an adult was special.
Speaker 15: It was very special and I will always touch that.
Speaker 1: No, he did.
Speaker 15: He had a great time with us, but it was time for him to spread his wings. As you said, after Labor Day. Two weeks later, my wife Stephanie got the call that from a friend of his that Jack had a heartbeat. His other friend, Chris, who he knew from South Carolina, was already dead. So we drove like maniacs up to Baltimore. We got there at midnight on Sunday. Immediately met the doctor. He said Jack has less than one percent of survival. And Jack was always a kid that fell on his feet. We're like, hey, he can get this. And they worked on him, and you know, the Maryland University of Maryland and Medical Center, they were so nice to us and they took good care of us and they knew, you know, our passion that were about to lose the sun. They worked hard for five hours and they couldn't do anything. And it was so bad because fentyl had invaded his body that we could not even donate his organs.
Speaker 1: Did you know how it happened? How he ingested fentanyl.
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 15: He was out with a friend, actually, he texted me that night. He went to the South Carolina Georgian football game and they had come back. And the one thing we talked about during our presentations is you know, kids think they're invincible, and his friend had bought some cocaine. They went back and tried it and they both died because it was lace with fentanyl.
Speaker 1: And as far as the dealer that did that, do you know anything about those or do you care even about that? I do care. But it was also.
Speaker 15: Baltimore News had posted that it was the highest rate of overdoses they ever had that weekend. So I don't think the police force could even find out who did it because there was so much dispersed throughout Baltimore.
Speaker 2: And cocaine was ingested with the fentanyl. And that's right, correct, Yes, yeah, Mom and dad? How'd you feel awful? You know, first of all, you know, if.
Speaker 15: You're up all day, you know, you're praying with your son, and then we're in shock. So we went back to his apartment. We collected everything we thought that was important to him and important to us. And mind you, we've been up since Sunday morning. It's now Monday morning, and we drove back from Baltimore, which is about an eight hour drive, so we got home about Monday at six. I was still in shock, and that whole week up to his funeral was just a blur because you have people coming over all the time that are comforting you, and it's still not setting in. And what really happened was after the funeral, it really sat in and we were recluses for a couple of weeks. My wife finally said, she jumped out of bed, Stephanie, and said, we need to do something. We need to alert our nation's youth and their parents and the dangers of fentanyl so that no one else loses their Jack.
Speaker 2: Sheriff Thutius Cleveland is from the border between Texago and Texas and Mexico. And I've seen you on News Nation and Fox News, and you're a real sheriff, like a Richard K. Jones, but you're down there on the border and most of it, ninety percent or more comes from the border. And you're a border sheriff elected and you're in charge of the border. What is happening on the border Sheriff, what's happening on the border is solvable. I'll tell you that first and foremost, and there's only one option we have right now to get this border back to be in the most safe, secure border, and that's obviously with the upcoming election. But what're seeing over the last three and a half years along the border, just over three and a half years, is unlike we've ever seen before. And I'm not just going to use political talking points state talking points from our governor. I'm talking from a life long experience. I grew up along the border, spent some time in the military, and they had a twenty six year with the United States Border Patrol, and I'd still be an agent, but as I told you, our share passed away and it was time for me to take care of my community.
Speaker 11: I grew up in along the border.
Speaker 16: But the prior what I wanted to make the distinguished is is the prior Ford administrations, both Democrat and Republicans. I started my career with President Clinton, worked at President Bush, President Obama, President Trump, and a year and some change of this administration. Those first Ford administrations all added to border secuity. They all built some sort of barrier, they all hired border patrol agents, they all picked technology on the border. What President Trump obviously did in addition to those things, with the policies he put in place for those that were coming to our country to seek asylum and other things, he had to remain in Mexico. The MPP Microprotection Protocol, which made those who are being allowed in now who wouldn't be otherwise allowed in the United States, they had to remain in Mexico before they were allowed to come to have their.
Speaker 2: Which means many didn't come at all because they weren't going to go because they're not going to get in illegally anyway.
Speaker 11: And it also served as a deterrent. But that's what it takes.
Speaker 16: It takes a strong deer in the White House letting the rest of the world know that you're not going to come to the United States and intern illegally, or we're still going to have people try to come. We are, but it's going to lessen that burden on the US border patrol and as well as the state locals that assist in that fight there.
Speaker 2: You know, I've been on there long enough to play the speeches of Senator Barack Hussein Obama, the speeches of Hillary Clinton. They were no different than the speeches of Donald Trump, the same speech. I can recall Chuck Schumer given the same speech that Donald Trump gives today. What happened, what happened between Clinton and Bush and then Bush and then Obama and then and then Trumpster. What happened the last four or five years?
Speaker 16: What occurred completely dismantled the border, a complete dismantling of it. Again, those prior policies that worked under President Trump, this administration came in and completely removed them and revoked them.
Speaker 11: And that even prior to that.
Speaker 16: You know, if you go back to the presidential debates between President Biden president Trump, President Biden was asked about giving people political asylum and he said he would welcome them. That sent the initial message. That's why we started seeing that people come to the border. And then when they arrived at the border, they were allowed in. And that's not on the backs of the US or Patrol Agency or Immigration Customs Enforcement. That again, those policies come from the President through the Department Homeland Security down to those on the ground.
Speaker 11: That's what they have to do. They have to allow the.
Speaker 16: People in, give them the notice to appears. But the other part with that is when this president came in into office. He also reduced the funding and the amount of bed space that was available where we could detain people. So it's either those that are come to our country legally that are seeking to sell them wait outside the country until they had their case, or you incarcerate them.
Speaker 11: And we're not doing neither of that.
Speaker 2: Soh Kamala Harris was appointed. That borders are and you thought to yourself, as a sheriff man, we're in good shape now, aren't we Not exactly?
Speaker 11: No, never thought that, No, not at all.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: So let's say y'll say tomorrow, let's say you go back home. You're on the border, Your men and women are out there, and you're a sheriff. You're not border patrol. You know how they work because you spent a quarter of a century, sir. And let's say here comes a group generally they're unattached males and they have backpacks on. Do you even apprehend them or do you say border patrol come and get these.
Speaker 16: No, we apprehend almost every day. Then what happens we turn them over to the border patrol. With the differences where I live and work, what you've seen on the TV the last three and a half years over an Eagle Pass del Reo il Passo San dieguoar Arizona. Isn't what happens in my county. What happens in my county is we have people that still want to enter the border undetected. They want to sneak across. When we encounter them in the desert, they run, or if I encounter them on the highway, they lead us in those high speed pursuits. Over the last two and a half years, we've taken over one hundred and eighty smugglers off the highway in their vehicles. We've made a huge impact. What are they smuggling humans so I'm sorry, yes, or humans for sex trafficking or labor trafficking one.
Speaker 11: Type, definitely, both, without a doubt.
Speaker 2: Now, how is your situation relatable to to mister Coyle? How is that relatable? Because the funtandel doesn't arrive in Baltimore or Cincinnati just out of the sky. How are the two issues related. It's all coming from the southern border. It's all coming from the southern border.
Speaker 16: But with that being said, the right's going to tell you it's coming in between the ports ventry, meaning it's being interdicted by the US bordatral agents. The left's going to tell you that, no, it just comes from the ports of entry and it's being smuggled in by America's the point I like to make it is they're both right, but they're The point is is that our borders are still poorous and we, as United States of America, the greatest country in the world, still we can completely eradicate that flow of drugs. People will say, now, we can't, but we can. I've worked at our headquarters in Washington, d C. On two different occasions. If we work together and we have the political willingness to do that, we can get it done.
Speaker 2: And you did not want Dad, Jack's death to be in vain. I mean, young people make stupid mistakes. I would assume he ingested the cocaine willingly, not knowingly of what was in it, but as those things that young people sometimes do. And you did not want Jack to die at the age of twenty four in vain.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 15: And you know, I'm not naive enough to think that that was the first time he tried cocaine. As a matter of fact, after Jack died, we had friends from all the high schools in Cincinnati that he knew went to different colleges, and we didn't realize how prevalent, how glamorous cocaine was back then, and it was everywhere, and it's still everywhere. It's big in colleges, it's big for young professionals at parties, bachelor.
Speaker 2: Parties, ecstasy, things like prescriptive pills that look like an upper but really it's fentanyl.
Speaker 15: Yes, and actually, so we started to do it for Jack Foundation, Jack Quell Foundation, and we speak to high schools, communities. We've done a couple of corporate onboarding for young professionals. And the pills scare us the most now because when we first started talking, six out of ten pills were lace with fentanyl, counterfeit pills that looked the same as real pills. Now it's seven out of ten. So the problem's growing.
Speaker 2: And what happened at Ohio State University about two years ago. Two college co eds were going out to party some night and they wanted to take a pill which suppose quelude or something make you feel great, and it was laced with fentanyl. Unbeknownst to them, they took it. Within a half an hour, one's dead, the others in the.
Speaker 15: Er correct, and I think one of them actually was taken an adderall for studying. She thought was an adderall and it killed her. And actually, Mark, who's with us, he's on our board. His daughter, Lizzie died from a fig xanax that was lace with fentanyl.
Speaker 1: Mark, tell the American people about that.
Speaker 11: If you can.
Speaker 1: I can barely see you, please go ahead.
Speaker 13: I'm from Westchester here and my daughter died in the Tri state area. She thought she was taking a x anna accident. Turned out that it was almost pure fentanyl. So we've been working with Tom and the jack Well Foundation just to bring awareness because we real I've been to the border twice once with Sheriff Jones. We realized that, you know, we're no Rambos. So the only thing we can do is just make our communities aware of what's out there and what could potentially ruin your family like it like it kind of ruined ours. So how old it was Susie when she a Lizzie was she was twenty one and graduate of Laquota West High School, twenty one years old, and she thought she was taking something. Yeah, the DEEA came to my house in Westchester and he showed me the pills and he goes, here, they are right here. He showed me the exact pills that were left there, and uh, yeah, yeah, she died from.
Speaker 1: What did it looked like it's a young girl taking something.
Speaker 13: It just looked I'm kind of like Tom I was. Everything was kind of in a blur because we're in shock. We lost our child. But he just said, this is what I don't even know what Zanna looks like, but it's I don't know if it's paying, but has it has the markings on it that it was it was pressed here somewhere, and that that's what did it. It just there's there's no second chances with this drug. It's it's it's worse than Roulette one time and you're done.
Speaker 2: Where did it originate? Sheriff any idea where these things are originated?
Speaker 16: So the precursor chemicals come from China and their shipped to Mexico and then they're made and stamped about the lab made it made out and who knows what they made it, meaning it could it's not like a laboratory here in the United States where we made you know, it's stuff that it's watched over.
Speaker 11: It's just made in a barn.
Speaker 16: But one point I just wanted to make is, of course, you know Mark and Tom, they're kiddos, look just like my kiddos.
Speaker 11: They look just like I look.
Speaker 16: And I've gone around the country to speak at other Fittnhall events in Washington, d C. Little Rock, Arkansas, they're in Texas and everything that I see when I look at these banners that they put up of their children, again, they look like my kids. And the parents that I meet look like all of us in this room. So you know, it's not that what we think of in the past of someone, you know, passing from from a drug.
Speaker 2: So we have Lakota West and we have molor high school kids. I bet right now, within the sound of our voices are thousands of other kids doing exactly the same thing, taking stamped pills that look like an up or down er, a x anx elude, something that character and they're laced with a little too much ventanyl and the sheriff the goal of a drug dealer is to put enough fentanyl in each item to give it a high, but not enough to kill the user, because otherwise you lose money. But these are not These are Chinese precursors. Who knows what?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: The goal of the Chinese government is to destroy this country and there some say they're well away and doing it. But the idea is it's done in a certain way to hook the kid, but not to kill them. But there's not much measurement going on exactly that's exactly right.
Speaker 16: And I heard one person put it best, April is that you know, of course China is killing Americans without firing a single bullet.
Speaker 2: Lastly, Tom, what's the website? How can Americans listen and get involved?
Speaker 1: So it's do it for Jack dot Org.
Speaker 15: We my wife and I and Stephanie is actually the heart and soul of our foundation. She is the one who started at the foundation. Mark's on the board. We have five or six other board members. We're a nonprofit. We speak to high schools in this area and communities. We've talked to pretty much every private high school and they've been open to us. And the story is great because it's heartfelt. It's about our son that we lost, or Mark when he talks about Lizzie losing Lizzie, so we really reach out. It's great when we have kids and parents together because the parents are like I was three years ago, not understanding how much ventyl is there. And if I can say real quick, the DEA seeds enough ventanyl to kill every American in twenty twenty three, they say, conservative estimates, this comes from the DEA. Three to four times that amount is still getting through. So think about that, three to four times the amount of fenol is in the United States to day to kill every American and sheriff.
Speaker 2: It begins with stopping at the border and then dally internally. But until we stop it at the border, this thing's not going to end. It's going to accelerate.
Speaker 16: Definitely, I would agree with that, but I'd also say expanding our borders further south than Mexico. And look, under President Trump, we had programs where CBP personnel, Department Defense personnel going to Mexico and train the Mexican Marines to do counter operation against the cartels. So you know, we don't necessarily have to send Americans down in or to do that. We already had programs where we train them.
Speaker 1: And you did that under Trump.
Speaker 16: You did that, We did our agencies did that, and that stopped it didn't stop it, but it helped, and it would take more of that, but there's not that coordination going on today.
Speaker 2: It's over correct. Imagine continuing these policies the next four to eight years, that's what it will take.
Speaker 16: Well, imagine that unless we get President Trump to reinitiate those programs to help stop the flow, will stop them before they get to the border, and then that that does make it through, stop it at the border.
Speaker 2: All right, Mark, thank you and Sheriff thank you you. Sheriff Thoutius Cleveland. You're like a Richard K. Jones acolyte. I mean, you guys get along.
Speaker 16: Yes, sir, We've done some panel interviews before on Newsmax, so I bet.
Speaker 15: And one last thing if I could say it, and I mentioned private high schools. We are actually starting to get into public high schools. They were really tough to get into. We will speak to any school. Our presentation is roughly an hour long, it's heartfelt and it really goes a long way.
Speaker 1: Do it for Jack dot Org.
Speaker 2: That's how you got yes, gentlemen, thank you very much, and my condolences to both of you and the loss of your thank you Bill. There's nothing more horrible in thean losing a child, especially in this character when it's preventable.
Speaker 1: Correct sheriff.
Speaker 11: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's continue with more Bill cunning into Great American Lave. It's oom of the REGs and the Bengals. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyah who is not listening.
Speaker 10: Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 12: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyah who is not listening.
Speaker 10: We're not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.
Speaker 7: Hello, quiet, and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Ty Rock. You got that.
Speaker 7: I understand that no one's paying to make it a little more clear on what that was Clarire's mud and she's explaining what the problem is. But sixty minutes had two answers, and they clipped off the first part, which made her look even more silly. Then they played the second part to make her look better. What they have done that for Donald Trump? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: But I mean, but we're I mean.
Speaker 7: The contrast where she's coming out and saying Ron just saying us won't take my call, and he's no good this and that, and then Biden himself said he's doing a great job. He wants her to lose. I'm telling you right now, he wants her to lose. Very protective of her.
Speaker 1: Rump. I'm telling you that.
Speaker 2: What are we doing? And then another issue came up you I'm glad you brought that up. If I listened to everything simultaneously at once and ten is everywhere. Lance mcgallisher said last night that the Bengals really don't matter anymore, that it's all about the Reds, that the Reds have overtaken the Bengals. If somebody had told you the first week in October that Lance mcgallister would be applauding the Reds moves or Frank with Francona, and all of a sudden, no one in football has a worse record than the Bengals. The only other is a bunch of one in four teams, and the Bengals are one of them. Would you believe that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure that's what Lance said, but it we'll talk more about this. You might have twisted it at you might have a little bit. I don't think he's giving up on the Bengals. But here's the reality. If they would somehow lose the next two out of three games, here's what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: We're talking about.
Speaker 7: The dissolution of the Bengals super Bowl team, one that went to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Remember that a couple of years ago. I don't remember that.
Speaker 7: Okay, well what happened a couple of years ago? But it's you know t Higgins. You got to put him up for a trade. You know, Jamar Chase, he isn't sign. Does he want to stay here?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Can you get something for him? Joe Burrow's here. I think Chase is here.
Speaker 7: You're you're looking around at your roster, at some of your good players and saying, we got to get.
Speaker 1: Is that possible? Rock?
Speaker 7: We were talking a few weeks ago about you know, Okay, they lost to New England, but we got Kansas City. Those failures in the draft, I think are the biggest thing that they were hoping that some of these defensive players. Okay, you pay Joe Burrow, you pay you know some you know offense, you pay the offensive line. So Joe Burrow is great, Let's pay the people to protect Joe Burrow. But then you need the draft. You need those guys not just in the first round, but on down the line there to come in and be good players. You know, I talked about the Super Bowl team that I was on with the Colts. Yes, he had Dwight Freeney, who was a number one, you know pick, I mean a top ten pick who was fantastic, Bob Sanders first round top but then that defense was filled out with Robert Mathis was the other defensive end. He was an undrafted free agent that they pegged and he turned out to be a superstar, probably go in the Hall of Fame. Gary Brockett, a linebacker, was an undrafted guy. Antoine Bethea, our safety, was a seventh round pick.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: So you got to nail some of those picks in the draft, and the Bengals have not been able to do that, and I think that, in my opinion, that's the biggest reason we're sitting.
Speaker 1: Where we are right now.
Speaker 2: Hey, benchmark against the Chiefs, and in that game, Burrow outplayed the greatest quarterback certainly in the National Football League today outplayed him and they lost because the Chiefs defense got the job done. Now against New Orleans, I'm watching that game. Okay, he got New Orleans, pretty good team playing in Kansas City, and the Chiefs defense dominated the Saints offense before Car got hurt.
Speaker 7: You just can't eat no matter as good as Patrick Mahomes is, maybe the best ever, I don't know. You can't expect him seventeen weeks in a row or twenty three weeks in a row to just be unbelievable. You're gonna have a little law here and there. And it's just from a pressure standpoint. I mean, the Bengals are thinking about Joe Burrow right now. He's going to this game saying I have got to score thirty five points. Got to Patrick Mahomes isn't saying that? So you don't have to force anything late in the game. We don't have to try to force the ball and get it picked. Maybe because he has Hey, Chris Jones and company, they're going to clean this up here.
Speaker 1: We'll be okay, we'll be okay. Let you play loose. Well, who's responsible for that?
Speaker 2: Because your friend Jason Williams says that most teams have five to twenty players on developmental list and who's available. And you go to the draft and the Bengals have five or six people that fly coach and the other teams have lear jets flying their players around checking out the next Rocky boyman.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know about that, but I mean look at the Patriots.
Speaker 7: So yes, they had Tom Brady, but you know they filled their roster out with you know, the Julian Edelman's of the world and some of those guys on defense that again, you gotta hit in those draft picks. You just absolutely have to for no other reason than than money, because you can't pay everybody. You can't go in free agency like the Bengals have and and just get offensive line. You can't do that every year. Now you can do that and load up and go for a run, but you better get those guys into the draft picks. On defense, that poof a guy's a fourth round pick and all of a sudden, he's a He's a pro bowler.
Speaker 1: That's what you gotta have.
Speaker 2: And what's worse the Bengals defensive line, the Bengals linebackers or the cornerbacks and the safeties.
Speaker 7: What is the worst part of the defense. I would say it all starts up front. I'd say that the lack of playmaking ability on the defensive line, their lack of the ability to get after the passer other than Trey Hendrickson, you know, So they can't they can't get pressure on the quarterback if it's not Trey Henderson without blitzing, and then he can't stop the run because there's just no like just stalwart you know, Jeffrey Simmons type guy.
Speaker 1: Let him go? Why because they said he was too old and he got hurt too much. He may put it.
Speaker 7: When he was in there, he made a lot of plays and he took a lot of double teams.
Speaker 2: Is there hope? Do you have hope? All we have is hope one and four.
Speaker 7: I have hope. I always I'm the most positive guy. You have hope. I have hope.
Speaker 2: So there's what twelve games left? Yes, they got to go nine and three at a minimum.
Speaker 7: Yes, And as I told you my rookie year in two thousand and two, when I was with the tight we won the first game against the Philadelphia Eagles and then we lost four straight. We're sitting right now, right here where the Bengals are right now, one and four. We routed off ten of eleven, got the first seed and made it all the way to the AFC Championship game.
Speaker 1: So it can happen now.
Speaker 7: Our circumstance was different because you know, we just had We had stars on defense. Javon Curse hurt in the in Week one, but we knew he'd get him back. He's one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Samari roll A Corner was hurt, so that played into it. We were turning the ball over too much on offense, so I knew we had a good squad both offense and defense, not just one or the other. And happened to put it together and it was a magical year.
Speaker 1: Short question.
Speaker 2: What is the question? I'm giving you the question now, A big question. The Jets fired head coach Salah after a terrible loss.
Speaker 1: What happens on Sunday night? About midnight?
Speaker 2: Mike brown sits in the private plane up in front and he's on the front row on the right as'll see in walks. Zach Taylor and the Bengalleys are one and four. They say, say, Zach, I want to talk with you when we leave the plane and you're going to open up a bunch of steakhouses named Shuelas.
Speaker 7: Okay, so let's go over Zach Taylor. In twenty twenty one, if you remember, you don't remember, but they went to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Let me write that down.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 7: The next year, in twenty twenty two, they go the AFC Title Game.
Speaker 1: How bad?
Speaker 7: Last year twenty twenty three they go nine to eight and they play half the year without Joe Burrow?
Speaker 1: What about you forgot about twenty one? What I forget?
Speaker 7: What about twenty twenty was he like two as Burrow's coming off the You always tried to win the game against the Fins, which meant we wouldn't have got Joe Burrow. Now that was stupid. You didn't answer. The year before you said that was twenty nineteen. You sell is the last three years I could I don't think you could say Zach Taylor's done a poor job now, a poor job in assembling this roster, which I was screaming from the mountaintops this whole offseason.
Speaker 1: What about the D line? What about the you know, stopping the run?
Speaker 7: We didn't do that last year twenty six in the league, here we are again.
Speaker 1: You answered the question, but not the one I asked. I wonder this? Are you ready for this? You won't answer the question.
Speaker 7: Here's what I here's what. Here's my answer. Whether you had a question there or not, I'm not quite sure. You wonder if I wonder if you know right now Zach Taylor calls the play? I think Zach Taylor does a great job. The dude clearly knows offense. You know, I mean, look at the offense right now.
Speaker 1: Results.
Speaker 7: But when you call the plays, you are concerned about scoring points? Scoring points? How do we score more points? Instead of sometimes playing complimentary football? When you're just when you're the head coach, you're worried about the offense and the defense, right And if you're the head coach calling the offensive plays, are you worried too much about the offense? And there's not enough attention in roster building and roster dissection of the defense to wonder? Is this how our team can win? Because he's worried about what scoring points?
Speaker 1: Will he be fired?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: After the Giants game? No, let me give you some more facts. You're ready for five? I just gave you three pretty good ones. I'll give you three good ones, ready for three. Since the first game of last year against the AFC, the Bengals are four and eleven.
Speaker 1: Four and eleven. Now the last two years, how many of those games was there no Joe Burrow. That doesn't matter. I'm talking about that. I'm a team kind of a guy.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now the last two seasons up in the last season this season, they have ten wins and twelve losses.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about trends.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow is one and nine the last two starting games of five consecutive years, one and nine. And Lamar Jackson is a record of nine and one the last ten games against the Bengals. Lamar Jackson is nine and one. Do you see a trend here? I'm asking the question, but what what you're You're you're.
Speaker 1: Confusing the the.
Speaker 7: Team of the Bengals and then the production of one Joe Burrow is the production of Joe Burrow when he's healthy.
Speaker 2: Been off the charts. Last four games. The first game was terrible. That last four games is like it's Tom Brady, like it's like Patrick Mahomes. It's wonderful, but the team has lost three of the four against not not really good, but.
Speaker 7: You're intermixing about them. Answer Brow, I'm saying, Joe Burrow, he's not going to be fired. Seg Man, please continue here. I'm just saying, but you see, there's hope and that sack sack. Schula went on to open up anytime at steakhouses, anytime soon? Am I right or wrong?
Speaker 1: No, that's not gonna happen. What if they lose the next two games.
Speaker 7: Nothing is happening to him this year, nor should it there. I said it now next year if you know, they have an awful year this year, and then next year they don't do the things they gotta do in free agency and the drafts and assemble a better team. Okay, maybe you can talk about that middle of the season next year.
Speaker 1: So he's got one more year maybe, And that's it.
Speaker 7: That's one way of saying it. I'm just finally answered the question. I think Zach Taylor is not the issue right now. The issue is who is assembling the ingredients. Who did it on the team?
Speaker 2: Name that person front office, Mike Downs, folks that are drafting in front office, Troy blackburn him right now, we're sitting it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it was like, all right, should we pay Should we pay Jamar Chase? Should we not?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: Some fans like myself would have liked, would have liked to see the Bengals go out in free agency and spend some money on the defense. But we can't because we got a page Mark Chase. Well, now we're sitting here, we don't have any defensive top free agent talent, and we don't have Jamar Chase sign.
Speaker 1: We got nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh for two, who's responsible for that segment or segment's not here? He's helping, helping his son's got to care for his mother. Well, how about temp star? He said, he probably getting an ac All right, Rock, what's on the big show?
Speaker 1: To say? You didn't answer?
Speaker 7: You're completely upset. No, we got Craig cop live from Tampa. The storm wasn't as bad. That's easy for us to say. Sitting here, I talked to mugs, give me an update.
Speaker 1: I want to hear that. Talk to mugs. Talk to Tony from he wrote it out. Didn't absolutely he wored and he said cart Path only today on the.
Speaker 7: Back nine shirt off in the bar, middle finger in the air and he said it was waving.
Speaker 2: It was a lot worse than nom when he was in a rice patty getting shot at. I said, well, that's probably worse. Cart path only at Bear's Paul Country Club in Naples. Car path only, mugs. Is there some debris on the on the fairway though, he's.
Speaker 1: You don't care about that it just move, moved the palm tree and get gold.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 7: The alligators there in fest in the neighborhood suburbia, Yes, what would you do with the little rocket an alligator? Mono and mono? Well, today I might actually throw them at him. I'm kind of upset with him now. The middle one doesn't listen very well. Beat the hell out of him. He'll be fine. He took you buy a bottle of water right and by like the spring waters. Actually he like took a whole case of it and emptied it out. There's one by one because you wanted to make a big mud puddle like, we'll use the tap water if you want to make.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you make a mud puddle rolling the thing. I don't have impact, rocky, Thank you very much. Upset Now, I now get you out of the stuge report brought to you by tempts to our quality.
Speaker 1: You can feel hit it. Dave, oh oh, well, let's continue seven hundred.
Speaker 10: If anything, would you have done something differently than President Biden during the.
Speaker 1: Past four years? Nail the coffin.
Speaker 10: There is done a thing that comes to mind in terms of and I've been a part of.
Speaker 11: The decisions that have had.
Speaker 1: Impact seventy on the wrong track, she says, let's keep it going.
Speaker 7: I think this is her Hillary Clinton Basket of Deplorables moment where people go, what what did you say? Wait a minute, That's going to stick in people's minds. I think that answer right there, more of the same is going to stick in people's minds.
Speaker 1: On seven hundred, WLW