Speaker 1: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app Listen for all your music radio and podcasts.
Speaker 2: Free never sounded so good.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna get into these universal rules in just a second, but I want to let you notice stick around because JB is going to share with us.
Speaker 2: He thinks he has found the worst neighbor in Austin.
Speaker 4: Anyone could ever have, and then happened to a friend of mine that is saying a lot. Well, I shouldn't say it happened, it is happenings in it.
Speaker 2: We've let that.
Speaker 3: Coming up probably about fifteen minutes from now, so stick around.
Speaker 2: But first, the ultimate and universal rules.
Speaker 3: Before the break, Tricia told us that hers is righty tidy, lefty lucy.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows it right.
Speaker 3: My ultimate universal rule is finders keepers, losers weepers.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That's mine.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you find something on the street, whatever it's your, you have no responsibility none to seek out.
Speaker 2: The owner of it.
Speaker 4: That's got to be your English Irish roots. They're all that way all over the UK, Like if it's not bolted down.
Speaker 3: I mean I am at some point in my life, I will be in South Padre and I will be metal detector guy. And that's the number one rule with metal detector guide as finders keepers, losers, weepers, and I will be scanning that beach with my big giant headphones on, listening for the beeps and finding the treasures and.
Speaker 5: Finding sunglasses and watches and coins.
Speaker 4: I saw a guy once on on probably on Instagram, and there was an old and it was a beach and there's a metal detector guy out there and he just had like handfuls of little metal shrapnel and he'd go walk ahead of the guy just sort of flinging it out to the left. It it was a bottle cabs and worthless crap.
Speaker 2: They're just flinging it everywhere.
Speaker 4: So this guy is once he hits the zone's going to be like, oh my god, Like every two feet there's something an exhausting.
Speaker 2: Day for that guy.
Speaker 4: I've got a good universal law. Doesn't matter which line you get in in the grocery store, you're going to get in the one with someone with UH that needs a price check. Oh yeah, it has an issue with checking out, no matter what line you've chosen, Right, No, matter what.
Speaker 2: Or a mema writing a check. Oh, they're still out there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And you know what else mema has to do after she writes her check, and she has to put everything back in her purse exactly where it goes.
Speaker 5: In her billfold, because that's what we call them, in the right pocket.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 4: How yeah, you know, in general, this is pure speculation, the theory of mine. Women have not moved away from the castle with society the way men have.
Speaker 2: They still carry the big wallet with checks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I bet, I bet my wife has a check book book in her purse. I have a check book in mine, and I carried a check book for twenty five years. Twenty years. You know what?
Speaker 5: A lot of it my checks. If I go back through the register, they're the copied ones.
Speaker 2: It's to school.
Speaker 5: I've just sent checks a lot to school for our daughters, Like buy a T shirt, you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I don't fundraisers or something like that.
Speaker 4: Remember how excited you wear to get a custom checks.
Speaker 5: Took a long time to decide on your design and the color.
Speaker 2: I want the one with wild horses. It's a big decision.
Speaker 3: I want the one with the Texas flag. That's the one I want. And then I remember when carbon copies became a big deal. You checkbooks, that was, oh my gosh, huge deal.
Speaker 2: Giby. I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I bet in the last twenty five years, I've written in ten checks.
Speaker 2: Maybe ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know there's only a few people. It's sort of non negotiable, you know. It's like, yeah, irs, maybe I don't you know there are maybe. Yeah, You're right back to what was at hand, Like you know these universal laws.
Speaker 2: I think I might have even gotten this one from you, Sandy.
Speaker 4: But it's like every time I plug in a USB, I have a fifty to fifty shot of it.
Speaker 2: Going in the right way, and it is wrong every time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, every single time. Did I get that from you? I've said that for a long time. Yeah, I always, and I think about it every time I do it. I'm like, am I and it's not fifty to fifty because it's just I've done it enough times.
Speaker 3: It's not you get it wrong every single day. I don't know about you, but Tricia, you know about this. I have a tendency like when I take my vitamins or my meds at night before I go to bed I drop somehow they just fall out of my hand, and when they do, they always bounce into the corner.
Speaker 2: In the same spot, and it's gross under there.
Speaker 5: I always think that it's where the pest control guy sprayed something.
Speaker 2: And now I'm thinking of just pill putting it in my mouth every time.
Speaker 3: I don't know what my struggle with medication. I just can't get it from my hand to my mind. It tries Trician nuts that I dry swallow.
Speaker 2: Like I can't to death.
Speaker 4: My daughter does it, and I'm just like, how do you do that? I've tried, and I've tried doing it with coffee too. It doesn't work. It has to be it.
Speaker 2: Has to be water. Yeah, what is the allure of dry swallowing? It? Like? Why? Why?
Speaker 3: Was just one of those things? It's really stupid, I'll admit it. But I just like from my head to let the body know who's in charge here.
Speaker 5: It's really cool until your body chokes you when you die from five still stuck in your throat.
Speaker 3: I should probably apply that same line of thing. Can let the you know, the brain, let the know the who's in charge an exercise, But I don't really shots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bodies call the shots, or actually the heads call the shots. The body is willing to do whatever it takes. Yeah, the body will respond just for how long? Right, So I've.
Speaker 4: Got another universal human thing. Tell me if you can relate to this. When you go to a restaurant with a group of people, or maybe it's just you know, your your family, whatever, No matter what you order, especially if it's at a newer place, whatever somebody else has looks way better than what you are.
Speaker 2: Absolute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sandy is plagued, plagued by food.
Speaker 3: We had waterburger the other day and I just got a Jallapenia cheese waterburger.
Speaker 2: Lambs.
Speaker 3: We got chicken strips and I was looking at that. I never get chicken strips. Damn, those look really good. My weird thing about food at restaurants is I am incredible. I have high anxiety over whether the portion is going to be enough.
Speaker 2: These are gonna be to the point where I'm so aware of it.
Speaker 5: Like when they bring our food out, if I see that it's a small portion, I automatically to make him feel better. I'll go, you can have some of mine. Yeah, you're gonna have enough food.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a spouse thing, I think because if I can tell if my wife's disappointed, I can go you.
Speaker 2: Can have mine, Like I'll eat.
Speaker 4: And I was raised where you eat it is ever is put in front of you, and you eat it all.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's how I was raised.
Speaker 4: There was no picky eating in my family, right, and so I'm still that way.
Speaker 2: Like someone will go, oh.
Speaker 4: Which one of these breakfast tacos do you want? I'm like, I don't care, just toss me on.
Speaker 3: Like right, if say your wife is out to dinner or grabbing something, she texts you and she's like, hey, I'm at jack Allen's.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to bring something home for you? I always say no.
Speaker 3: You want to know why, because I know there's gonna be plenty of leftovers to eat, Like I know that the girls won't finish their meals, and I'll just do that when they get home.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But if I'm if you were to ask me that, I'd be like, hang on, let me pull up the menu and see what i want, and then I'm probably gonna want you to bring dessert because it's special that you're at the restaurant coming home and bringing stuff. So I'm gonna go ahead and get dessert too, whereas I wouldn't get it. Probably if I was there, liar, you would too, I mean maybe.
Speaker 2: I don't, she would.
Speaker 3: Hey, coming up, JB's going to tell us about the worst neighbor in Austin. And it's going on right, it's going on right now, right, it's happening to a friend of mine. I'll give you a little indication. It's in Terrytown.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I lovel annoying things.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm with her. It's a problem. It's a problem.
Speaker 2: All right. We're going to tell you all about that. Coming up next. I heard of the precent feature is dining it and I've been telling all my friends about it. There on the app.
Speaker 1: Get in on what everyone's talking about and get the new and improved free iHeartRadio app Todaytradio one.
Speaker 3: We are taking the day off, but we'll be back on Monday. So enjoyed this from earlier this year. A new dating trend. It seems like every week, every month there's a new dating trin. This one just kind of struck us funny. We'll get to it in a second. It's the Jam and Sandy Show. Thanks for being with us and follow us on Facebook. Just search the JV and Sandy Morning Show and give us a like while you are there. By the way, guys, thirty two years ago today was the first World Trade Center bombing.
Speaker 2: You remember that, oh, in the underground parking garage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was thirty two years ago. And what's weird when you think back to that? Do you remember, like David Letterman came out that night with black soot on his face.
Speaker 2: Do you remember like they were joking, They were joking about it.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I mean, and it was the first attempt to take down the World Trade Center thirty two years ago, and that just gave birth to what happened in two thousand and one. Think about how mean Late Night TV was with the O. J. Simpson stuff, the dancing edos and and one of them finally sensitive is probably Yeah. I think it was Letterman that came out and said, yeah, I'm not going to do that. I just don't find anything real funny about two people being murdered, you know what I mean? J jokes, He dropped the OJ stuff.
Speaker 4: And then there was Norm McDonald, who I was always a big fan of, and that's why he lost his job.
Speaker 2: At SML.
Speaker 4: One of the Yeah, one of the NBC exacts was really good friends with OJ and kept telling him to stop with the OJ job jokes.
Speaker 2: He couldn't, He just really couldn't forgive me. Is Norm the guy that was murdered? No, he died of cancer? Oh? Who was the SNL guy that was killed?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 4: Why am I struggling with the name. He was the more, the older and more heritage. Oh still Hartman Phil his wife? Yeah, herself. I've watched so many documentaries about that.
Speaker 2: Did she kill him? I was sleeping? Yeah? Shot it while he was asleep. I figure that's how Tricia will do me. Yeah, I got I got something a little better plan. All right, so this new dating trend, Tricia, you've got this right?
Speaker 4: Would you wake him up first and then now knows it was me?
Speaker 2: Hey? You whoa? I got to make sure the insurance policy is paid up first. You wouldn't get it if he killed me. I have a way to cover it up, I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: Do you know how much dateline and murder mysteries I watched Hot JB said.
Speaker 3: That about his wife years ago, and watching those plot and to kill me?
Speaker 4: Yep, she's working on the perfect murder, and she'll say there is no perfect murder.
Speaker 2: And I.
Speaker 3: Read the other day there's eighteen thousand or so unsolved.
Speaker 2: I think it's more than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's more than that. There this is pure coincidence. I was talking to a friend of mine and I'll go into too many details, but he had they have suspicion that his sister was not a suicide. It was her husband they killed, and it's been a closed case and there's indisputable evidence that it was not. And so he's trying to bring attention of how to tackle this issue when you have a friend or loved one with a closed case that you know shouldn't be closed. So to the point he said, in Texas alone, there are twenty thousand close cases.
Speaker 3: I just I just looked it up real quick. It says this is what I got. From nineteen sixty five to twenty twenty one, nearly three hundred and forty thousand homicides and non negligent manslaughters were unsolved in the United States, according to the Murder Accountability Project.
Speaker 4: And a lot of it is, you know, and we're going in the wrong direction in my opinion. I don't want to get into that. But the police don't have the resources to investigate that, so unless they have something indisputable, they won't.
Speaker 2: Right it right.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean you see a Texas you gave the Texas number just a moment ago. I've got it right in front of me. Uh yeah, in twenty yeah, very accurate. You in twenty it's twenty six thousand unsolved.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy? Yeah? That's crazy that.
Speaker 3: The murder clearance rate in the state of Texas, meaning they cleared the case closed it seventy three percent.
Speaker 5: That's not very high, I know, but it's better than I thought. It's better than I thought it would be. But still, my.
Speaker 2: God, how did we end up on this path?
Speaker 4: Waking up everybody in a good mood to start their day, we're.
Speaker 2: Going to talk about date night. Date night at the Costco, right, yep, that's the new thing.
Speaker 5: Some people so much go for an errand you know, there to do list. But for some reason, couples are turning their date night into a trip to Costco and they're calling it their Kirkland's signature date night, or they say they're going to the club. I think that's hilarious. One woman was like, I never thought I'd get so excited to go shopping with my husband.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's not like new lead that I was thinking of new couples, just getting to know each other.
Speaker 5: That's what I no like a husband and wife a couple like where do you.
Speaker 2: Want to go the club? You know, a.
Speaker 5: Fancy restaurant, know, and they stroll around and take all the time they want go after that to every isle at Costco.
Speaker 4: That's very interesting you say that because we've talked about it on the show. If you're a new listener. I just went to Costco for the first time first time a few months ago, and I've for some reason with my wife and daughter. If I'm saying I'm going there, can I go? Yeah, it's like excited to go. You don't say that when I say Whole Foods or HB sometimes Home Depot with my wife. But it's like, what's the what is the fascination with it? But it's I've found in the handful of times i've been there again I'm a newbie, it's a hard thing to do with two people because it's so overwhelming. There's so much stuff in all directions. Yeah, yeah, and there's no rhythm to the It drives me crazy. There's no rhythm to the cart flow.
Speaker 5: I don't like it that they don't tell you what's on the aisle at the end, but that's just so you go up and down.
Speaker 2: I think the.
Speaker 5: Draw of Costco is a little bit like the draw of Target. You don't know what you need until you see it in Target, you know what I mean, Like, you don't know what you're gonna find, except it's on a bigger scale at Costco like JB. I can't tell you how much time Sandy and I have spent talking about the burnt burnt ends like the brisket the brisket burnt ends that you told us about, and we've had an embarrassing number of conversations about them. Like it was exciting. I know it's a big find.
Speaker 4: You have no idea what kind of willpower It has taken me a few times, a handful of times I've been a Costco not to buy a free standing retro video game.
Speaker 2: Gallagha or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to put it in my daughter's apartment. I go, this is what I wanted as a kid.
Speaker 5: And if a friend had it, they were rich, they probably had a pool too rich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like how fun would that be?
Speaker 4: Because there's they have some of them it looks like the game when you would go to the arcade, like ship game, and then some of them have three or four games built into it. You might have pac Man Defender. Defender was so cool, Galaga, Oh that was not?
Speaker 2: Always got pinched? Got pinched.
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: What was the centipede millipede one that came down at you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a Donkey Kong guy or Frogger.
Speaker 2: I was a Frogger guy too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to do that for her fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever you want for free.
Speaker 3: If she wanted to do it, old school starre get her a pair of roller skates and say try it on roller skates.
Speaker 1: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free knew it improved, iHeartRadio app Listen for all your music, radio and podcasts. Free never sounded so good