Speaker 1: Hey, what's up is your boy? Friday? On the cruise show? Tap into the number one afternoon show in l A from two to seven p m. On a real nine two three.
Speaker 2: That's good here, it's a cruise show, three Fridays.
Speaker 3: Man with it, Bro, How we feel? I'm good?
Speaker 4: How you all good? How's that A treating you so far?
Speaker 3: It's good, it's good. I'm messing with it.
Speaker 4: That's right. I heard you had a marathon burger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out, shout out to them guys over there, man, food crazy, it's good, right, crazy? I had one. I had one burger. I went to go get three more. Turn back to the back of the crib, like.
Speaker 4: Yo, I'm wanting this up later. Either cold, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: They had like a spicy spice in there.
Speaker 1: Bro, what is it? I had to put no ketchup, no sauce, nothing, Bro.
Speaker 3: It's cracky. Maybe an only maybe? Am I saying? Am I even saying that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I don't think daughter No was dope? Though?
Speaker 4: Man, are you in La?
Speaker 3: Often? Do we record out here? We get some more? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I record out here sometimes. Just come out here to work. Really, if I won't locked in with a producer or do some like videos and stuff like that come out here.
Speaker 2: It's for the vibes or like, you know, because you gotta travel, right, Yeah, do you like to travel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love to travel. Here's more for the work though. Yeah. I like the weather too, but more for the work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, good vibes out here, right for sure. Yeah, we get it done out here, bro. Philly though, Philly is different. Yeah, Philly is some of the planet, right, Like, what can you tell us about Philly?
Speaker 4: I've never been to Philly. I don't think any of us less. Have you been to Philly?
Speaker 1: I've been there once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I dj it was pretty cold. You know where you went or what club was? No, I don't remember. It was a while ago.
Speaker 1: It was cold Philly, just like you just gotta I can't really explain that. You gotta go there and see. But it's like a rough city though, It's like I don't want to go there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 1: But there's good parts in it, you know what I'm saying. I'm just telling you where I grew up. Good food too, greatfood, Yeah, Center City and all that.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful places.
Speaker 2: But I feel like like even the tough parts you still like you know, and I'm kidding of course, but like the tough parts you still have to experience obviously with caution, be careful and don't disrespect and make sure you show up and you know you got a good vibe to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. Don't go in there tripping, right, Yeah, stay out the way. That's the main thing, a phili to stay out the way.
Speaker 2: Stay out the way. Cheese steaks still a thing, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure, you had one before.
Speaker 4: I mean out here, right, but it's not what it is here.
Speaker 3: Not the worst cheese steaks. It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to, yea knowing for tacos.
Speaker 2: Burritos, you feel me. Y'all got the cheese steads, yeah for sure. Yeah, y'all put like cheese wears on it.
Speaker 3: Right. No, it's just crazy out there. That's where it was worth.
Speaker 1: So people will be trying to like make businesses out here, but it won't be working on I think niggas want cheese steaks.
Speaker 2: In also, like our tasty cakes from out there.
Speaker 1: No no, no, right, maybe probably back in the day, not that I know of, talking about the tasty cakes. The regular joint you get in the gas station yeah, I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I ain't hear that another name.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's another name.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, but we're hungry.
Speaker 3: I'm hungry.
Speaker 4: I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: Hey, some days I'm good, some days I'm not. I love the title like that. I think is brutal honesty, Right, what does it mean for you?
Speaker 1: Just like the good and the bad? You know what I'm saying, Like the past two years probably the best years of my life and like the worst at the same time. So it was like that's where that came from. Like I might wake up and feel good and the next day I'm I'm messed up, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like everybody could relate to it and pick whatever you want to hear for today. I gave y'all both sides, got some R and B records on there, feel Good Vibes and my song the content videos a double no for sure.
Speaker 5: When you're not having your good those good days, how do you get out of that?
Speaker 4: For yourself?
Speaker 1: Me, I'll probably just get around my family, or I'll probably just record. You know what I'm saying. It's like mentally, I'll get out of it. Though, like what I'm not having like a good day, it's all mental to me, Like I'll probably just focus more on like like niggas really still alive. You know what I'm saying, it's mentally mental switch and just focus on like what I can control and not control.
Speaker 2: There you go, Yeah, and what you can't control, you just can't control it. Man, in God's hands, right, Yo, won't call away and see Breeze is crazy?
Speaker 4: Thank you bro for sure? Man, just free Breezy, freezing, Yo.
Speaker 3: Free Breeze. That's right.
Speaker 4: They got him in there. Man in London. You have been in London?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sure, I love London for sure. The food gets not a foodggs out there, food gets dragged, is it asked? Yeah, the fool ass London.
Speaker 1: More like the culture, It's like it's like they got this culture more. I like the culture of it, you know what I'm saying, Like the DJs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's like really good vibes out there.
Speaker 3: Good people out yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah they got they got see Breezy locked up there.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: But yo, so like is that a studio session with Chris Brown?
Speaker 3: Are y'all sending?
Speaker 4: You know, y'all sending music back and forth, we get that done.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of sessions with him, but that one was like I just made that at my house. No, no, no, I didn't make that at my house. I was we was in New York. I cooked it over with my friends and I called him. I was like, bro, I need you or something. And then he just came through like he knocked it out, probably like the same week for sure, just like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: So there's other songs with Chris Brown we haven't heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we like we've been locked in, bro, So we got like four songs. He was my first album. I'm on his new album. They just want to grab me this song? And then I wrote for him before, like before I was an artist, like before I came in.
Speaker 3: I wrote for Breezy too.
Speaker 2: No ship, Yeah, okay, what about We've been locked in?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Song with saving Saving My Love? How did that come about?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I made that in LA with my guy Daniel Church and Brew Music and then like it was just like it was like one of the moments, like, bro, we need a girl on an album, Like you know what I'm saying, Like somebody just put a different sound to it, and like the beat if you hear that beat, it's like like an.
Speaker 3: Up tempo, feel good vibe.
Speaker 1: And then Klanie was like, I feel like she was one of the only people that could one of the only girls that could swag on a beat like that. You know what I'm saying. So shout out Daniel Church. He hit her up, put us on FaceTime and she been a fan, so she knocked it out from shout out.
Speaker 3: That's right, y'all.
Speaker 2: Really dig the footage of you recording God did yeah in that I think it was your bedroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then fast forward boom for crazy. That was crazy. How do you describe that?
Speaker 4: How does that feel in your heart?
Speaker 1: I can't really like that was like a crazy time in my life. Like for sure, that's like no like forever, But I can't really explain it.
Speaker 2: Though when I watch it, I'm like, all right, so, like you know, maybe I'm looking too into it, but there's I'm sure there was so much going on in your life during that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was probably the worst part of my life. Like I ain't have a dollar, like I probably have a dollar, Like I was just in that room, like that room you've seen. I was probably just making music. In there every day like doing nothing. Yeah, I am a job nothing. But I was like it was like I knew one of these gonna hit. You know what I'm saying, So.
Speaker 4: You almost got it? Well you do gotta sing like the rents do. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I had a different hunger then too, like crazier hundred.
Speaker 4: Right, Your why back then was different? Is your why now?
Speaker 3: Right? It's the same why. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like I gotta do this for myself and my family, Like you know what I'm saying, I make it better, something better for my family, for my mom my, pop, you know what I'm saying. So that was like, got to create something better for everybody. You know what I'm saying. It's the same why today. But it was just different because I was like it was like one of the moments like I was twenty twenty four, twenty five, like now it was the time, like what I'm about to do with my life, I gotta go all in on this music, say forget every job, all in. You know what I'm saying, forget what I look like, I don't got buy new sneaks. I'll go all in. So when that song came out, I was still in that crib. You know what I'm saying, probably number one song in the world, and I was still in Philly like the trench, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, so I had to transition. I was doing the transition while the song was number one, you know what I'm saying, for sure.
Speaker 2: And when people listen to it, they got to understand that there was a hunger in your belly.
Speaker 4: Bro, Literally, yeah, for sure, and then you can you can feel that, like you really feel that in those vocals?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Bro.
Speaker 2: Were you able to feel when you were recording that song, like did you feel that this is the one or was there something special?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's one of the best songs I ever created my life, just to hunt like the like the time end of my life. It was crazy, Like when I think about it, probably chills like.
Speaker 3: It's just like still today, like.
Speaker 1: Making music at that time, it was like it was it was like really like survival, Like that's how I looked at it, Like if I don't do this, it's like niggas really can't live for you know what I'm saying. So when I made that song, I was like, this is the best ship I ever made, you know, what I'm saying. I called my team like y'all, y'all gotta listen to this, and then uh, I played it for my my manager and Eddie and then they texted the call it. You know what I'm saying, I got college number. I'm like Texas right now. You know what I'm saying. Cayla hit us next day like so on the album I need it. And then the next day like no, I'm adding three rampers, three legendary rampers. I'm out of here came out. I don't even know who's on it till it came out.
Speaker 3: Bo jj.
Speaker 1: Then like three months later, you gotta performing at the Grammys, Like, oh ship, I couldn't even sleep, bro.
Speaker 3: No, how could you? That's insane because I.
Speaker 1: Ain't even do it, Like I ain't do performances yet nothing Like I wasn't wrong. You were fresh like I'm fresh, and you know what I'm saying. I probably just sing that church when I was a kid, you know what I'm saying. And now fast forward, like you gotta performed you ready, Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Old time can't in sleep, bro.
Speaker 2: And there's no time to be nervous and really think about it. You just have to go.
Speaker 3: Gotta go. Yeah, that's important to talk about. Man.
Speaker 2: When the opportunity strikes, when it's there, you just gotta go go.
Speaker 1: It's like when I seen jay Z, I was like, yeah, I got like, what's up, bro, nigga even like you feel me, I'm like, niggas. Niggas got a job to do. That's what I was like, I got a job to do. Like you can't be nervous, like you gotta go right now, Like, can't be nervous. Niggas here to do a job.
Speaker 2: God damn Yo, jay Z would have been hi, and you gotta almost pretending. I pretend, but you gotta put on this like all right, we're here for, we're here for. How I came out?
Speaker 3: What up, broye up? That's how I came out.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I'm nervous though of course he got an eight minute verse you gotta do and he's not even messing up one time.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. He didn't mess up one Yours was nothing crazy.
Speaker 4: You've seen so much. I just got a little ass hook. I don't on your own.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna hate on it. I know the hook is the.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm just saying, like you rapp me so eight minute verse. All I gotta do is thirty my good thirty seconds. You're gonna perfect this joint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gotta be right here.
Speaker 2: When you start making money, bro, do you go back and start buying all the ship you could never afford?
Speaker 3: Oh for sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, getting all the Jordan's, all the ones all.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yes, gotta be careful al right. Seem to be the only thing that made me happy. Huh you could? I mean you know you can crash out, man, Yeah, for sure, you go broke. For sure.
Speaker 1: I messed up a lot of money, I'll say that. Still good though, thank god. Still I ain't doing it in a bad way. But I feel like everybody that comes from nothing and give some money there, everybody's gonna do they little.
Speaker 3: A little bit. Just don't do it too much. Just don't do it too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just on. You know, I'm drowning that ship. What did you go back and get?
Speaker 3: Joy?
Speaker 1: Was like the number one in the new house, you know, will fill me mama house. There you go, the most important stuff, you know.
Speaker 5: Of course, you mentioned your family a lot. Does your mom get upset if you don't answer her FaceTime calls.
Speaker 4: At of this.
Speaker 2: Interview, bro't you don't want to talk?
Speaker 5: So she gets out if you don't answer.
Speaker 1: Like twelve straight junks, she might hit you in a nine one one.
Speaker 3: It's really not another one.
Speaker 2: Now now you're freaking out because mom is hitting you with a nine one one.
Speaker 4: That's thank we got Mom's now for sure. It's a blessing under yo. So how long did it take the right Shotgun?
Speaker 1: Shotgun was the only song on my album that ain't right? Okay, shout out? Then new Church only song in my life that I ain't right? Really, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, shout out like that. I'm like a one hundred percenter Like I produced my music, write my music. Sometimes I bring people in help me write, but like I never really like take music. But like me and him, we was chilling for like a month, I think like three weeks straight, was in the studio, so he like kind of understood like my singing and like what I wanted to say, and then he made that song.
Speaker 3: I was like, y'all, I need that and I made it. Mind for sure? For sure? Was it tough to accept the song that you didn't write.
Speaker 1: Nah, not that song, because like I said, we was chilling together and it's like he knew what I wanted to say, he knew my pockets.
Speaker 3: So it was like, yeah, this this is my vibe for sure? Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Up Jack, No, I think that it's so dope that you know, you said that you come from singing at church and then now you're going on a world tours. There like nerves with that as well.
Speaker 1: No, not anymore, only like the first show, Like first, like when I'm backstage, then I'm gonna start feeling it when the crowding up, Yes, I'll be getting a little nervous, But as soon as I get on stage, I'm cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just gotta see one face there you go. You's got to get started.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, get that, get that first, like just that shake that first ship off and then get to it.
Speaker 1: Like my fans different, it's like family. It's like I'm so vulnerable in the music. It's like when they see me, they really so happy to see me. So it's like as soon as I go out there, it's like I feel like I'm with my family.
Speaker 3: For I think they.
Speaker 4: Want to see you cry.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I mean listen music, music, can do that to you, Brott.
Speaker 3: You get up there, you start thinking back. Now, I get that a few times, yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you let that out or do you just kind of shake it off and keep it moving?
Speaker 3: One time I probably did it out.
Speaker 1: They usually you know, I'm going like I'm fighting it, like going like you feel me still singing and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: For sure? What last I read that you have?
Speaker 2: You did a thing for a full year where you read?
Speaker 3: Was it eight books?
Speaker 2: Was it Showers read more?
Speaker 3: Jim Showered? It was like I made eight hooks eight hooks?
Speaker 4: Like, so.
Speaker 3: You read eight books? I read two books of my whole life and reading on the show.
Speaker 1: I like reading. I just think I gotta find the right book. Yeah, all right, listen, I listen.
Speaker 4: You write a lot, right or is it all in your head?
Speaker 3: Freestyle? Wow?
Speaker 4: What the talent man? Nothing's ever written?
Speaker 1: No, And I was just like, I'll go in the studio just like freestyle and I'll like know what I want to say, then I'll just I'll write it down like it comes from my head.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying? For sure?
Speaker 5: So is there a hell of voice notes on your phone?
Speaker 3: Oh? For sure? Yeah?
Speaker 5: How many voice notes do you think you have on your phone right now with hooks voice notes?
Speaker 1: I got all these voice notes when I was like, I got the guy their voice note, driving snaps, just what I'm about to do when I get the crib I got. I got a lot of voice notes. Just created songs. Then get to the studio just really create it. But yeah, I was I was making like that year, like that room you saw me, and I was making like eight hooks. I'll wake up, pray, then like do like six eight hooks and then like go to the gym, come back six day hooks, and go to sleep. That was like my routine for like a year.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So hooks, like hooks obviously matter to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we get to.
Speaker 4: First get to the hook and then it depends song around it.
Speaker 1: At that time, I was trying to put my feet in the game. So it's like it was like, you know what I'm saying, I'm not really focused on full songs. I'm focused on like who need hooks as a songwriter in like say, like it's a new artist coming in LA, you should have mastered the hooks because it's a thousand rappers in La. That need hooks, you know what I'm saying. If you think about rappers back in the day, like Tupac, they will always get like singer, you know what I'm saying, to sing the hooks. I feel like that's leaving today though, Like you know what I'm saying. They don't do it much shit they but yeah, I feel like niggas like me, Ty Dollargy Pain and Tory Lane and Chris Brown, it's like people be needing them type of hooks, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's why that's why I was locking in on that. Yeah, man, Yeah.
Speaker 4: For sure, Rest in Pains, that's a fact.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Was there ever an artist coming up that you would chase or that you were trying to meet to you like, let them hear some music of yours?
Speaker 1: A lot ty dollar? I chased a lot of niggas bro where at out here Like twenty nineteen, Me and my brothers came here like like three thousand dollars. We just we should to sneak backstage in concerts and all that. I used to hold my keyboard so I could be like, I'll play for the band and they'll let us backstage.
Speaker 4: Oh that's how you got it? Yeah, for sure, man, that sounds like.
Speaker 3: To see a movie. Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you would carry a keyboard, didn't even have batteries in Yeah, and say you're with the band. I'm with the band. They let you in and now you're just trying to meet any artists. No, for sure, it was dollars on who else?
Speaker 1: Dollar, Cardi b Big, Sean mcguil, little Baby, P and b rock Piece. Everybody was there like it was like festival joints.
Speaker 4: Anybody give you some time?
Speaker 3: P and b Rock.
Speaker 1: Every time I met him, he always showed me a little He didn't even know. He just just chopped because I'm from Philly. Well I'm from the video and we just chop it up.
Speaker 3: Uh. Who else?
Speaker 1: Nobody really sat and really, you feel me, I'll just give him my hard drive and be like whatever happened from there heaven?
Speaker 3: But it never really worked. Yeah, tough man, And they got a lot of people. I'm sure doing that right. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: You never know. Man, that's crazy. But you gotta keep going. Rejection, all right, You just gotta keep going. Yeah, you gotta kick every door down. You can't give up, man. You're a product of that. For real for sure. Man, congratulations on everything. You come see us any time. Man, we gotta go to Marathon Burger.
Speaker 3: Today. You're going today, I'm going with.
Speaker 2: Bringing pause we chip well. But yeah, yeah, that's crazy. Some days I'm good, some days I'm not. Man out everywhere. Let's go Friday. We appreciate that, bro, Thank you man. Cruise Show Real ninety two three, Let's get it.
Speaker 5: Hey check get rich from the Cruise Show. Thanks for listening to The Crui Show podcast. Make sure to subscribe and here auto download so you don't miss an episode