Speaker 1: Keeping you in the know all the information in real time and again good now right now on fifty five KRC, the Talk Stage show at six Here at fifty five kr C, the Talk station Tuesday. That means it's time for the Insight Scoop with Bright Bart News BOOKMARKT, B, R E, I, t V, A, r T dot com. Great news there, good reporting, and of course good join reporting on a lot of things the mainstream media wouldn't touch with a ten foot poll and one of the people reporting on such things. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Breitbart's Capitol Hill reporter Nick Gilbertson. Nick, good to have you on the show today.
Speaker 2: Hey, Brian, thanks for having me, and thanks for the kind words about Breitbart.
Speaker 1: Love it, Love what you guys do, and I really enjoy talking to the various folks from Breitbart each week. It's just really a great segment on my program. And spread the news about the website as well. I always love doing that. Now, did you attend the convention last night? Are you at the NC convention in Chicago or you just reporting about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm here on the ground in uh Chicago. So I was at the convention to a point yesterday. So yeah, I was in there for much of the afternoon and into the early evening. So it was definitely kind of like the tale of two d n c's. There was, of course, you know, the Kumbaia and where unified party. That was kind of the rhetoric and the secure zone there, you know, where the delegates and other people go, and then you know, a few hundred yards away you could hear protesters after a march beat the pro Palestinian, anti Israel protesters, you know, screaming anti Kamala Harris, Chance Harris, Harris, what do you say? How many kids did you kill today? So it was it was very it was a tale of two totally different d n seas and it just really shows the underlying fracture that's taken place in the party here.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose every buddy there probably would have liked to have had a say in the matter had they been asked whether they want Kamala Harris to be the nominee or not, but they weren't. They were deprived of that. We all know that. How do you believe that the Democrats are going to navigate this huge divide on that issue within their party.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I have many, many Jewish friends, lots of them, and as we all know, the Jewish people typically vote very, very heavily in favor of Democrats, and it's been that way my entire life. For reasons that just have escaped me. I don't know. But here we have an issue where Kamala Harris I think Leans more pro Palestine. Certainly many people Illanomar and AOC's and the rest within her party are very pro Palestine anti Israel. Now that's an insurmountable divide there. I don't know there's any solution. I mean, if you could come up with a solution, then you'd have peace in the Middle East for God's sake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know she so it's very difficult because she I mean, this is something when your party is divided like this like this late in the in the game, heading into the general election, like you hope to have your party united earlier, like far before the convention, getting into the general election. And right now she's having to playkate to this far left faction of the party and these pro Palestinian protesters. And right now she should be focused on winning moderates, and she can't do that, you know, and playcate these voters at the same exact time. So she's really stuck between a rock and a hard place on that front. And like you said, many Democrats or many Jewish voters do vote Democrat, and you know, pro Israel Jewish voters, you know, are certainly not gonna probably you know, radical pro Palestinian policy, they probably be against that. So she has to kind of juggle both of those fronts while trying to bring her base back home this late in the game and trying to appeal to moderate voters. I think it's just a really tall task. And I think the more she's exposed to the media and has to answer for these specific policy things, she's gonna get exposed on it.
Speaker 1: Well, one can only hope that happens soon. We know, early voting begins what the ninth of September in many states, including some battleground states, and we're just a moment in time away from the election. I don't know how anybody can make an informed choice on this. The Democrats are playing that law or that strategy to run the clock out. She doesn't have to deal with the challenge because she's not confronted by people asking the pointed questions, she comes out gives this sort of you know, smiley glad handy, you know, if a word's salad, but well scripted from read from a teleprompter. But it's not diving into the issues. She's not answering the question of how you pay for all the litany of new programs she wants to roll out. She's not being asked how to deal with the deficit we've already accumulated, not asked to deal with specific questions about the border and the failure on the border. As long as she hides, you know, we get no answers as a public. And so we're left with a choice between someone who's trying to be repainted as a modern by the media and Donald Trump, who already has that built in Pavlovian god, I hate Trump response from fifty percent of the population.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, absolutely. I mean the media is totally, it seems, doing her bidding. And you know, she's getting a free pass on so many things. And you know, the only times we really do hear her speak are at these rallies that she goes to, and of course that setting is she's in entire control of the setting right in terms, there's no back and forth. It's just one way communication to you know, the cameras into the supporters. There. She's not fielding questions and she's not going deep on policy on anything other than really abortion, which is like Poles have shown time and time again, this is that's not a top issue for voters. This is the selection cycle. So it's you know, immigration, the economy, national security, like those are top issues. So it's and again she's getting a pass from the media on it. It's interesting to just see them, you know, let her get by with all this stuff. But again, we still haven't had an interview, and I think it's been about a month here since Joe Biden dropped out of the race, and she hasn't had a real press conference either. So it's it's very and yet, like you said, I think early voting probably begins in September sometime, so we're really you know, running out of time here to or the clocks the clock's taking for sure.
Speaker 1: Well in the reporting, I had a conversation with Congressman Warren Davidson prior to our conversation right now. He just he was just on the morning show and I asked him about this, you know, the polling which you had this newly reinvented Kamala Harris. Uh, she's great, She's awesome, she's joyous, she's she's the answer in the anecdote or the antidote to Trump. Fine, that's we're here in the media. Obviously, she gets a bit of a you know, sort of a period of time where she can enjoy the jump in the polls. If we had more time between now and the election, I think those numbers would erode, given where she is on any given policy. But she's got this honeymoon period going on, and the American public, we keep reading about it. Oh, the irons are this poll you know, CNN poll says she's ahead by three points nationally, she's neck and neck in the swing states. We've been getting inundated with these new polling numbers, which shows that she has gained back the division between where Biden stood and where Trump did in the polls. So we have a perception now that it's possibly winnable for Kamala Harris. And I know there's a whole lot of strong Trump support out there. I know a lot of people are hurting with the economy, the issues you and I talked about, which would lead one to conclude they might be more inclined to go Trump. But if we at least have maybe the lie built into the cake that she's modern and she's polling grade, that they could get away with something during the election that you know, we're worried about, maybe uh, interference with the election, or or some Shenanigans or steel and and and an effort to steal the election. You could sell that to an American public who believes that she is neck and net.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean it's certainly, you know, it's this reinventing of her has really gone a long way, and the fact that she's not getting challenged on the stuff she's you know, it's it's I feel like you have a great point that Brian, that they could try and make that argument, you know, down the stretch here. I I think that her I think Harris is the fact that she's able to to skirt these issues right now is is really uh. Rather, let me just start backtrack here. There was a media research poll, a media research center. They put up this pole of these ten radical policies that Harris has stood by, going back probably to twenty nineteen when when she was a Democrat candidate for president back then, in Lawson was one of the first people out in the primary, like these ten radical policies. They pulled these voters across the country and between seventy one to eighty six percent of these were Biden Democrats and Biden Independence. In twenty twenty, they had no idea she had espoused these policy views, yea, like seventy one to eighty six percent. And the big thing is all these media and they did a big analysis on all these on you know, these legacy media companies ABC News, CBS News, NBC News, and I think there was only like minimal cover Like I think the only cover two or three of the ten issues between those three networks, like in the course of like two or three weeks once Harris became the presumptive nominee. So again, like you're saying, it's just that the media is doing the bidding, and it's kind of it's kind of setting up this scenario where they can try and make that pitch here down the stretch, you know, you sneak her in with like ninety days left and then yeah, kind of have the honeymoon period. But again I don't know. I feel like she's starts. She's gotten some pressure from CNN and other places about not doing interviews. They've seen, Jim Acosta said, a lot of people bring it up. So I think it's starting to become a story now for her, and I think it's gonna I think it's a campaign issue now, and I think the longer she goes without doing it, and the more attention that can be brought to it, I think the weaker she looks.
Speaker 1: Like price controls, for example, that came out and everybody lost their minds, me included. But when you lose the Washington Post editorial board on when you mentioned price controls and they say you're an idiot, You're crazy, You have no economic understanding. If you believe price controls are going to benefit America's you got a problem on your hands right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. I talked with Senator Rick Scott about this yesterday at a big infuter interview with him at the Trump Hotel. It's on Bright Bartuck. You know. Senator Scott told me that, you know, so if we do price controls, he said, quote, we'll have the hair as high prices, and then we'll also have the hair shortages. Yeah, and he called it peer socialism, so it's just yeah, yeah, the price controls are just that's quite the pitch. And you know, again she's not she doesn't have to answer for that because she's not taking real questions. We're sitting down for interviews.
Speaker 1: Real quick, since you're there obviously so far, and you know, I got my popcorn out. I'll wait for the end of it. The protesters did not arrive to the in the numbers that were originally anticipated. I know that one of the anti Israel groups expected about thirty thousand folks there, and I think they said maybe half of that number actually showed up.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: I know you said you mentioned early in the discussion this morning here that they were you could be hearing them out in the streets, that their voices could be heard, But are they there in larger numbers?
Speaker 2: Is it? Is?
Speaker 1: It represents some kind of thread. This doesn't sound, in other words, like it's going to be nineteen sixty eight all over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that was just day day one. We saw yesterday, so I mean they did end up preaching the gate there, but where I could hear them from a few minutes, a few minutes later they actually reached the gate. Our cameraman Matthew Perry got fantastic footage of that, and some of them are pouring through. But it seemed to me that there was you know, hundreds, maybe a thousand or so, maybe a little more protesters there. I wasn't exactly in the Skirmer shows kind of watching from Afar, and yeah, we'll see exactly how many, excuse me, how many protesters end up showing up throughout the week. But there's like various different groups have different things organized. But again I don't I'm not sure on the exact number that is here, and I think things are subject to change throughout the week. The group that had that big protest yesterday or that was at twelve, so that was kind of to kick things off. That group is a coalition of one hundred and fifty groups like around the country, and they're protesting again on Thursday at five pm and they're going to march down to the United Center. So that would track timing wise with you know, within an hour or two of Kamala Harris taking the stage. So I think that we'll see what that holds, and we'll see what the number is of that protest, But I think that's going to be a really big one to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it ain't over yet. In other words, Fat Lady hasn't sang it may it may turn into sixty eight after all.
Speaker 2: That's right, it ain't over yet.
Speaker 1: Nick gilbertson again, he's the Capito Hill Report with bright Bird. Just the one final question. Is there a noticeably huge police presence there? I just had a friend post of view of the street and looks like there's nine gajillion cops marching down the street there, is it? Is it noticeable?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's definitely a noticeable police presidence. I mean I'm sitting here in the hotel breakfast area and that there's just a few police officers at the table next to me getting their breakfast. So yeah, and you know there's that I think Sunday night there they were all lined up along the protester There's hundreds and hundreds of cops. And then yeah, and there's cops all within the security perimeter and all around it as well. So there's a lot. There's a big police presence here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for a change anyway in the city of Chicago. Nick Coverts, and we'll be talking again soon. I hope be safe there and enjoy your time in the DNC, and I look forward to hearing more reports and reading what you write about on Breitbart.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian, thanks for having me my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Hey twenty right now, if you have k City Talk station, Daniel Davis Deep Dive, We're going to jump over to Ukraine. They're blowing up bridges in Russia. Russia's rebuilding them with pontoon bridges right away. Is that going to get anybody anywhere? We'll talk to Daan at the bottom of the hour. First, affordable imaging services. Yes, you have a choice when it comes to your medical care. You can go wherever you want. That's just a simple statement of fact. Now, when it comes to your insurance comedy, you might have some litations, but you know when you can save thousands of dollars on a medical image by going to affordable imaging services rather than the hospital imaging center. Honestly, in most cases your insurance will pay for it any way. But with an MRI costing only four hundred and ninety five dollars, I think in many cases and in most cases, out of pocket responsibility for you under your insurance program will cost you more than the whole scan with the board certified Radiologist report, which it comes with when you get a scan at Affordable Imaging Services.
Speaker 2: So it's worth.
Speaker 1: Crunching the numbers, and many insurance companies will pay for the the for the small amount that is the charge for the whole package. Affordable Imaging Services does MRIs for four ninety five. You put a contrast in, it's six forty five, and that's the most expensive image you can pay for over at the hospital. That could set you back three thousand, four thousand, maybe five thousand dollars. And the same thing goes for CT scans. A CT scan four hundred and fifty bucks six hundred with a contrast and echo cardigram only four ninety five, ultrasound two fifty ah, they won't even look at you for two hunred and fifty bucks at the hospital. And again all these come with the radiologists report. You probably would get a separate bill if you go to the imaging department. So when it comes to your medical care, I say save money Affordable Imaging Services. You can find them online easily and learn more at Affordable Medimaging dot com, Affordable Medimaging dot com call them up for the appointment five one three seven five three eight fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Get ready to win your way