Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six fortys.
Speaker 2: Might just like looking at everybody, because when I make fun of you and I harass you, I like to look at the expressions.
Speaker 1: By the way, Amy, the camera is off. There you go.
Speaker 2: Now I can see your lovely countenance. And good morning are continents?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or incontinence?
Speaker 3: One of the chill is very very inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it's count nuns counting ounce And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: And good morning everybody. On a Taco Tuesday, July thirtieth. Neil comes back tomorrow and we go back to our regular full team and good morning, I mean least start with the good mornings right now. And then I have a couple of things I want to ask Amy. First of all, good morning, a me hi, Bill Hi, nice striped the horizontal stripes, which of course make everybody look today.
Speaker 1: I saw it. Well, let me put it this well, God, that reminds me of a very funny story.
Speaker 2: I always made fun of the fact that Marjorie is just she's a little bit older than me, just a hair, just a touch, And with that I would always make fun of her, constantly make fun of her, of her age, being older.
Speaker 1: Than I am. Oh, no, it gets no, it gets better than that, It gets better than that.
Speaker 2: So when I would do an appearance, and she would normally go with me on a public appearance, I would go and when Marjorie shakes your hand, don't sort of glance around her and comment on the attends that depends that she's wearing, and just keep looking straight at her and don't say anything about those. And she that's one the two three times says Bill, that's it, You're done.
Speaker 1: We won't be discussing that anymore. There's one other one too, that is really the best, in which she got upset.
Speaker 2: But anyways, that was making fun of her proposed incontinence, which she keeps on reminding me time after time after time, is not the truth, like Amy did yesterday. I mean, I don't know how many times Amy said, no, there's no incontinence here, No, it doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I want to point that out. Anyway, Good morning Amy, Good morning Ann. I know that made no sense.
Speaker 2: I know that was a long story out of nothing, all right. I think it was Kno that brought that up or and did hey.
Speaker 1: Cono, good morning Bill? Okay, Oh, I have a question, Amy.
Speaker 2: Yes, as you lock out of the five am show wake up call, you always think technical director Cono and traffic specialist, Yes, right, Nick.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Cono runs a war and Nick sort of reports on the traffic and tells us where.
Speaker 1: The traffic jam.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they do much more.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is that like maintenance engineers that are basically janitors.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, So enough of that. I just wanted to make fun of everybody.
Speaker 1: I want to try.
Speaker 3: I appreciate our team.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, I do. I do am our team.
Speaker 2: Actually, I do believe that when it comes to and I'm going to now you know, break down and say KFI does have basically the best staff of any talk station in the country.
Speaker 1: That I believe.
Speaker 2: But again, it's not a question of how good we are, it's how question how it's a question of how crappy they are. Always that's the case. Okay, yesterday, real quickly, before we get to the news. I had lunch at PF. Chang's YEP with Jim by the way, and so I had asked the waitress person.
Speaker 1: The female waitress.
Speaker 2: I'd like to order those lobster ravioli things that are so good. I don't see them on the menu. And she said, we don't have them anymore. I said, what, you don't have them? So now I am going to take advantage of my vast, loyal and constantly diminishing audience and ask you let's start a campaign. Okay, I'm going to ask. I've never done this. I want to ask, is a favor to you as a favor to.
Speaker 1: Me from you? And I want all six of you.
Speaker 2: Who actually give a rats ass about the lobster ravioli at PF Chanins to join me and say we want loves of reveoli back we want okay, never mind, you know, I don't know how many people get to jump in.
Speaker 3: I've never had lobster ravioli at PF Changs and that was just I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what they called it.
Speaker 2: It was in his creamy sauce and it was lobster rab and it was now the lobster rab at Anaheim White House is on a whole different level. You will never have lobster ravioli like that ever in your life. All right, U did we just do our food segment and it's not even Friday. I know it's foody Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: God, this was a weird one this morning where I threw around the stories.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just.
Speaker 2: Get into the show if you don't mind. As a matter of fact, as you mandate, this is it. It's handle on the news with Amy and Me Neil back tomorrow lead story. All right, So it has just been announced that the FBI has asked Donald Trump for a victim interview, a victim perspective on the assassination attempt. Okay, so I'm just thinking, what's he gonna say.
Speaker 1: Didn't see anything, didn't hear anything.
Speaker 2: All I knew is my ear all of a sudden hurt like hell, I went down and the next thing I knew, as I was being shuffled off, the only view I had is of the Secret Service details crotches, and that's all I could see.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, what.
Speaker 2: So, I don't know what this is going to do other than we're going to get Trump's perspective in the shooting probe, okay, and then make a big deal about it. You know what, what were your thoughts, mister president? I thought I was getting shot at That was my thoughts. Anything else?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Thinking of a baseball game the other day that I thought was kind of fun. Anything else, Yeah, the lobster ravioli at PF Chains, that was on my mind.
Speaker 3: We can move on a tragedy at a Taylor Swift themed event. You probably heard about that stabbing in the UK yesterday. A third word child has died, five others. Let's see, three children were killed five others seriously wounded in a stabbing attack at a dance and yoga class that was themed around Taylor Swift's music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is heartbreaking. And they never see this in the UK. I mean, they just don't see this kind of violence in the UK. Seventeen year old just walks in there, starts stabbing people and now kills three kids.
Speaker 3: And the seventeen year old is still alive. They didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they took them into cust out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so sad. But Taylor Swift posted on social media saying that she was shocked and felt awful about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, this is Liverpool, where the Beatles came from, so you think that, well, no one knows who the Beatles are anymore?
Speaker 1: Who are Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Fans, Kamala's pool of potential vps has gotten smaller. North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper has taken himself out of consideration to be vice president or to be the vice presidential running mate. A decision on who Kamala Harris wants as her running mate could come within a week. Harris's camp is to make it says it's going to make the announcement by August seventh. She'll be talking to the top contenders, according to sources, but it's not clear when those discussions are going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of things.
Speaker 2: He's sixty seven years old, and right now that seems to be an issue aged clearly because of all the issues. Josh Shapiro Pennsylvania, and I think I would guess that it's a governor and it's not going to be Arizona Senator Mark Kelly.
Speaker 1: I just I believe that because.
Speaker 2: These governors are too important with the electoral colleges, the electoral College coming in the electoral votes. So if I had to guess Josh Shapiro. Also because Josh Shapiro's Jewish, Kamala Harris's husband is Jewish, so I guess she just likes Jews, not just saying, by the way, I don't, I'm not reflecting. You know, maybe I would say studies have shown sure, why don't I do that? Okay, that aside, You've got Shapiro because Pennsylvania has I don't know many electoral votes.
Speaker 1: I give the twenties.
Speaker 2: Governor Tim Waltz Minnesota and Kentucky Governor Andy Bashier.
Speaker 1: And these are swing states.
Speaker 2: Very very important to Kamala Harris's campaign. I mean, without those swing states, she's done and she has to get more, certainly than Trump does. And then my favorite transtation secretary, Pete Bootages, I.
Speaker 1: Think he is absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 2: I think he is if I had my brothers, I would nominate him as the replacement for Joe Biden. And he is now the attack dog. He is the premier attack anti Trump attack dog. But the way he does it, I mean, the guy is brilliant. You should see him. Fox brings him him back on a regular basis and he rips into the commentators on Fox.
Speaker 1: He's just smarter than they are.
Speaker 2: Well, he's smarter than most people out there, and he's just good and they still bring him back.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I think you're going to see a.
Speaker 2: Lot more of Pete boodage age. He's sort of in the running, but not really. Okay, enough of that.
Speaker 3: Well, there was some calm early yesterday, but a storm is brewing in Venezuela. Protests have broken out in several cities after authoritarian leader Nicholas Maduro was formally declared the winner, of course, the presidential election.
Speaker 1: Of course he was.
Speaker 2: He is the person who put the election commission together. I mean, it was his choice as to who was on it, and there he was going to win, come hell or highwater. You know, the main guy who was running was not allowed to be on the ball but ballot. There was a decision by the election mission that the main candidate the opposition couldn't even be on the ballot. So now you have a stand in who in fact has had won the election.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's no question it was overwhelming support for opposition.
Speaker 2: Of course Madua won. He was going to win, come hell or high water. So there we go a strong man once again. And by the way, Maduro Chavis before him has systematically destroyed the Venezuelan economy like completely. Venezuela used to be actually the richest country in all of South America. Matter of fact, Caracas was known as the Paris of South America.
Speaker 1: Destroyed.
Speaker 2: Seven million Venezuelans have left. Anybody who has any kind of marketable skill education is gone.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 3: American tourists on alert. A Virginia based private security firm is urging Americans who are commuting to work or traveling in Mexico in the next few to watch trusted sources and avoid getting caught up in any street violence that might break out. The Mexican border state of Chihuahua is preparing for a worst case scenario due to the arrest of the top two Sineloa drug cartel leaders in the US. They were arrested in El Paso, Texas last week. Officials are saying there could be a different response from criminal groups if it turns out that it was either a surrender or a betrayal between different factions of the same cartel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anybody want to go to Mexico these days? No, I don't think so. You've seen a cruise ships ads, now, you know, let's go visit some dead bodies cruise because that's basically it stopping off at here. It is you want to take a Mexican cruise. And by the way, you know I love cruising. I mean, I've been on thirty five cruises. It's fine to take a cruise down in the Mexican riviera.
Speaker 1: As long as you don't get off the boat, then it's a great cruise. Short of that, you got some issues.
Speaker 3: President Biden wants to make some big changes to the High Court, and that's getting some big pushback from Republicans. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell fired back after the President announced that he wants to put eighteen year term limits on the High Justice the High on the High Court, he wants to have enforceable ethics codes, and oh and also wants to overturn the High Court's decision that grants presidents certain immunities while they're in office. In an op ed, McConnell said, the President says he wants term limits to his own justices, never mind what the Constitution says, never mind the advice and consent roll of the Senate. And then he goes on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of interesting because the Constitution doesn't say word one about the number of justices or what the term is.
Speaker 3: Well, he's not looking to pack the court right now.
Speaker 1: No, I understand.
Speaker 2: But even term limits, there's nothing in the Constitution it says, I don't believe that it's of lifetime appointment.
Speaker 1: I have to look at that. I do believe that's true. But it's not changing the court.
Speaker 2: And by the way, he's right about changes that are made that Biden is just super pissed off that it's a super Republican conservative court. However, term limits makes a lot of sense. I mean, do we want ninety year old justices, Well, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Do we want Congress.
Speaker 2: To say that presidents are not immune, which they can do, by the way, Congress can pass that law. And as far as the code of ethics that's enforceable, boy, that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: We certainly don't want that, do we.
Speaker 2: We don't want any ethics code to be instituted, because right now there is no ethics code. Short of being impeached, the Supreme Court justice can do whatever they hell he.
Speaker 1: Or she wants.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't even know why this has become news. You know why, because it's impossible. It will never happen. It is a non news item. Cohnsen said it's dead on arrival. Even if he didn't say that it's dead and on arrival, why do they It's akin to the articles of impeachment being introduced by either crazy right wingers or crazy left wingers against insert name of someone of the.
Speaker 1: Opposite party that can be impeached. I mean, that's how crazy we've gotten. Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh and by the way, according to Article three of the United States Constitution, Supreme Court justices do serve lifetime appointments on.
Speaker 1: The Okay, I stand corrected.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean to correct bill.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's fine. You know I when I'm wrong, I have no problem.
Speaker 2: We won't be doing this again. So that's one this year. Okay, you don't get two.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's uh. But that can be changed with the Constitutional Amendment.
Speaker 3: But that requires what two.
Speaker 1: Thirds of Congress and two thirds of the states, is it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: That's a tough Yeah, it's very very rare when you get that.
Speaker 3: So why introduce that now? If you've got six months left of the term and you've got a lot to get done. Why is he spending time on this now?
Speaker 2: It's a statement against the conservative Supreme Court and he's just putting it out there, and I think he's just floating a red tip of the edge of a balloon in a barrel kind of thing. Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the happiest place on Earth may have the happiest workers on Earth. I don't know about that. But fourteen thousand workers at Disneyland have approved a new contract deal that they announced last week after the three union members actually he's fourteen thousand members of three unions, so that they would go on strike if they didn't get higher wages. They were also looking for some different some changes to seniority and changes to attendance policies and that kind of stuff. Looks like they got a lot of it and the deal is done.
Speaker 1: Ye know what was the story?
Speaker 2: I think it was last year about and it was a significant percentage of people that work at Disneyland were on food stamps and it was a little tough.
Speaker 1: It was not a wonderful story.
Speaker 2: I think may some of them may have been part timers, but it's a tough way to go.
Speaker 1: Disneyland is not known as.
Speaker 2: Costco or Trader Joe's where they pay really good wages, or in an out burger where you had benefits and across the board.
Speaker 1: That's just not Disney's reputation. So we don't know the terms of this.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming the base hourly has increased, longevity increases for senior cast members.
Speaker 1: I haven't been Disneyland a long time.
Speaker 2: How many people that still work at Disneylander are like one hundred and forty a f.
Speaker 3: You are because they love working there and they've been there for a long time. They're also getting new premiums for cast members. I'm wondering what those are like, because you know that if you work at Disney, you get certain benefits, you get discounts and certain goodmunts to the parks, and.
Speaker 1: That counts on Mickey hats.
Speaker 3: No, counts on a lot of stuff like what, well, all the merchandise, all the Mickey hats. No, it's more than Mickey hats, Okay, merchandise Disney. It's also stitch themed, Lady in the Tramp theme.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I'm making my point, I think here ko Yeah no, no, I I get that completely.
Speaker 3: Stop Woke has been stopped for good. A federal judge has permanently blocked restrictions Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Republican lawmakers placed on handling race related issues in the workplace. It's called the Individual Freedom Act, but it was better known as the Stop Woke Act, and it was intended to prevent teachings or mandatory workplace activities as suggest a person is privileged or oppressed based on their race, color, sex, or national origin. So the Chief Justice said, yeap, granting a permanent injunction because the Stop Woke at violates free speech rites into the first and fourteenth Amendments of the Constitution.
Speaker 1: Yep. So we'll see how far that goes.
Speaker 2: Big political issue of course for DeSantis, anti woke. By the way, real quickly, I'm looking at Anne and is that a peanut butter and banana sandwich?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're eating? What would pretending we're Elvis Presley here?
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is wow.
Speaker 3: Is it really peanut butter and banana? Yeah? Oh yum, No, it sounds delicious, yum. Yeah, I'm English muffin.
Speaker 2: Well he didn't do the English muffin part. It's a little too chee chee, so it had to be wonderbread. But hey, by the way, how old was he when he died?
Speaker 1: Forty two? Right?
Speaker 2: And that'll kill you every time. Really, it was peanut butter and bananas. I'm just telling you, Okay, onwards, enough words.
Speaker 3: Hard to go for the gold if you can't get in the water. The men's individual triathlon at the twenty twenty four Olympic Games has been postponed because of bad water quality in the river. Then, of course this has been an issue for a while on whether it was safe, and they deemed that the letter levels were safe, but of course Paris got dumped on that increased bacteria levels and everybody said, you know what, we just can't risk it. So we're putting it off again until tomorrow. But then we were talking to Anezzi Kata and she says they're expecting more rain tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should do it, and should do the triathlon swim followed by the diarrhea event, and I think it's going to get phenomenal ratings.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, good choice of words that you had when doing the story. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 3: The former head of the NRA needs to stay away for a while. A New York judge has banned Wayne Lapierre, the former head of the National Rifle Association, from holding a paid position with the NRA for the next ten years. But then he also said that he's not going to appoint an independent monitor to look into the gun rights group's finances. Cohen said the state's request for a monitor was not the correct remedy and suggested that outside oversight would be time consuming, disruptive, and would impose significant costs on the NRA without giving it any benefits.
Speaker 2: Come on, there's outside monitoring being issued, orders being issued constantly into organizations and corporations, etc. By the way, La Pierre found guilty, by the way, or at least a libel millions of dollars on personal expenses taken out of that organization. The NRA just a ton of money that he misspent, great trips, right, lots of clothing, you know, all kinds of fun stuff, cars, I mean, all of that.
Speaker 3: So Biden's not the only one passing the torch. North Korean later, Kim Jong UN's daughter, who isn't yet a teenager, is getting lessons to take over the country. That's what South Koreaspy Agency is telling lawmakers. She has made her first foray into the public eye. That happened less than two years ago, but apparently he's grooming her to take over as his successor.
Speaker 2: And you don't know who it's going to be. I mean, this whole dynasty is so weird. As a matter of fact, Kim Jong UND's dad had originally chosen the older brother, Kim Jong UN's older brother, to be his successor. And this is a family dynasty North Korea. It's whoever's in charge chooses, and it's always a son or a daughter. Actually it's always a son or has been. And his older brother got very squirrely, went to Disneyland under or Disney World with the costume masquerading as someone I mean, and he was assassinated. And when Kim jong un first started, you remember he was twenty six or twenty eight years old when he first came into the leadership of North Korea, and everybody thought this guy was in the last two weeks.
Speaker 1: He even looked kind of stupid and slow.
Speaker 2: And it turns out that he has taken over with an iron fist. The guy was a lot smarter and a lot more wily than anybody gave him power, I gave him credit for. And look at what he has been able to obtain in terms of power. And he has become a strong man completely. Well, he's deified, he's not just a leader of North Korea. There was the great documentary done on this ophthalmological group that went to North Korea aboard the ship whatever ship it was, and gave free cut cataract surgery because they just don't have cataract surgery up there. And a woman who an elderly woman who didn't have eyesight for fifty years or sixty years. So there's a news conference and there are pictures, big posters of Kim Jong un in every single.
Speaker 1: Room in all of North Korea.
Speaker 2: And the doctor who performed the surgery is in the room at the news conference, and she said, and she says, I can see now, turns to the poster of Kim Jong un, thanks him, cries, claps everybody in the room. And then you have the doctor over there, who clearly is chopped liver. I mean, the guy is totally deified. Just wanted to do a story about how crazy it is over there. So this is Kim Jong UN's preteen daughter who has already been chosen.
Speaker 1: Stake a break. Okay, what do you think, Oh, we can do one more story.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a big news that has to do with your blood. A news study shows that a blood test can determine whether you have Alzheimer's disease, and it's diagnosed it with a ninety percent accuracy right now. So instead of having to, like, if you have memory problems, you go to your doctor, Instead of having to get like a spinal tap, which is expensive and invasive, the blood test apparently can show whether you have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really difficult to tell Alzheimer's versus dementia. And I've had Jim Kiny and other doctors as to try to be explained. You know, my insert name relative here has Alzheimer's. No, may just have dementia. We really don't know. It is not that easy to diagnose. But this one, I guess We're getting better and better. You know. Medical science just keeps on going forward more forward by the moment.
Speaker 3: Just like about everything else. This property could be yours for a price. The Yamashiro Restaurant has sweeping views of Hollywood and other parts of Los Angeles. It's got seven point three acres that go with it and has been used as a filming location and for movies like Kill Bill and Gone In sixty seconds. And now the Sushi and Asian restaurant is for sale for one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Well seven over seven acres on that hilltop in Hollywood. That is pretty impressive. Magic castle is up there, isn't it right next to Yamashiro? Isn't that part of the property?
Speaker 3: Oh? Is that what the yama Shiro is right above it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those fried rice balls delicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Those poor rices, you know, they walk around and they're very, very upset when that happens.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, one hundred million dollars oysters accepted.
Speaker 1: It's Hollywood oysters.
Speaker 3: Okay, trying to get you off of I know I could.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't help my you know, I cannot help myself. I think it's genetic. I think I am wired for the lowest, common, depraved level of life.
Speaker 1: And by the way people's you know, people always ask is handle the same off the air exactly?
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you it was a rough childhood.
Speaker 3: A little bit shaky in the Southland. A four point nine earthquake hit in the Mojave Desert yesterday afternoon, struck about one o'clock. It was centered outside Barstow, about thirteen miles away. And I think the bigger news is that it was felt in Burbank in Pasadena, lost in Long Beach, and then to the east it was felt in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Did you feel it?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is sand moving in the Mojave Desert. I mean, you know, a couple of lizards lost their footy.
Speaker 1: Big deal.
Speaker 3: An Olympics commentator has been canceled. So commentator Bob Ballard worked for Eurosport. It's a European PayTV company. He's been doing sports since the mid eighties. But that all ended because he made a sexist comment about the Australian women's swim.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, please please.
Speaker 3: And so here's what he said. I just think this is crazy personally. On Saturday, the women did the four by one hundred meter freestyle relay. Team Australia won gold. Great, right, Well, there was something of a delay in leaving the center because they were celebrating. Why wouldn't you And Ballard said, well, the women just finishing off. You know what women are like hanging around doing their makeup.
Speaker 1: And he got fired for that, got fired for it. You know, it's the world has gone so crazy.
Speaker 2: For example, I cannot make fun of the Greek women's basketball team, the women who have mustaches. I cannot make fun of that because, oh, you can't say that anymore. Okay, we're done.
Speaker 3: If we had the same standards as the European TV, how long.
Speaker 1: Would we last? Thirty seconds?
Speaker 3: Well, I could see you would have been removed about what ten times in the last hour.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Although there's nothing you know, really sexist, No.
Speaker 1: It was, you know, you make fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know women, you know it's stereotypical, and it's a fun stereotype. You know, like guys drinking beer and you know, the beer bellies, and you can't make fun of it. And you know, men are pigs. Okay, you can't say that because oh and by the way, men are pigs. And by the way, the Greek women's team really does have mustaches, and you know you can't say that anymore. Nope, nope, off the table. Okay, we're done.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show, Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and any time on demand on the iHeartRadio app,