Speaker 1: This is WBZ, Boston's news radio. We defining local news. Got some light snow falling in Boston right now, twenty degrees at six o'clock. Good morning and welcome. I'm Charlie bergeron in. Here's what's going on, your most reliable news source for severe weather coverage. At least a WBC storm Center sponsored by Ketches Luck Group and the Winter's Marios Roofing. A winter storm Morning is still in effect for the next hour as we begin this Martin Luther King Junior Holiday National Weather Service says a good portion of Massachusetts on average, got about four inches of snow. Lots of shoveling going on this morning. Wbzs Jaywilet out there surveying the scene.
Speaker 2: Bust out the snowbrush. Is it's a snow day in Boston without the canceled class thanks to the holiday.
Speaker 3: I expect the mark, but I think I was expecting.
Speaker 2: Like that for snow cruise. It's touch and go on. Whether Mother Nature delivered on the forecast. Is this what you guys are expecting today at all?
Speaker 1: Kind of blew away?
Speaker 4: I think I don't know, not really much.
Speaker 2: They're shoveling, insulting the sidewalks. Meantime, plows sit at every corner in the.
Speaker 4: City, going great. It's going great. It's not as much as expected, but just keeps softing. And you know what I mean plowing with is a little snow and not much accumulation at all.
Speaker 2: Though the technique is to make periodic rounds so that every inch of asphalt is clear. In Boston. J Willett WBZ Boston's news radiotes.
Speaker 1: Six oh one The News at six, brought to you by your new England Toyota dealer, your hybrid all wheel drive headquarters. President elect Donald Trump warming up for his inauguration today by holding a rally last night in Washington. Maybec's Christy and Cardero.
Speaker 3: At the Inauguration Eve rally, Kid Rock and the Village People performed alongside Trump's signature dance. The President elect then doubling down on a series of campaign promises within.
Speaker 5: Hours of taking office that will sign dozens of executive orders.
Speaker 3: Top officials tell ABC News Trump plans to take more than ten two hundred executive actions on his first day in office under one document, in what they are calling an omnibus executive.
Speaker 1: Action, mister Trump will be sworn into his second four year term at noon in the Capitol Rotunda. The event moved indoors because of the cold weather. WBZ News Radio will carry the swearing in ceremony and the incoming president's inaugural address lives stay right here with WBZ news Radio throughout the day. Today, Celtics and Bruins both in action on this holiday. The Bruins host the Sharks at the Garden. They'll drop the puck at one o'clock. Celtics and Warriors in San Francisco. We back to the NBA Finals from twenty twenty two. Tap time, five o'clock, Our time. Two great NFL playoff games yesterday in the cold and the snow, and the opener of the Eagles advancing to the NFC title game holding off the Rams twenty eight to twenty two in Philadelphia. So the Eagles will host the Commanders next week. And in Buffalo, Josh Allen and the Bills down Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. It was a classic. Twe twenty seven, twenty five. The final Bills will face the two time defending champion Chiefs in Kansas City next week for the AFC title. Let's check the four day. WBZ ACTU weather forecast Brian Thompson tells us the snow that's flying at this hour is headed offshore. It's now moved east of Framingham, slowly headed toward the shoreline and then out to sea. So probably not more than another hour or so of snow, and then it's just going to be a sunny, cold day today, temperatures only to the mid and upper twenties. Factor in the wind, it's going to feel like it's in the single digits today, clear, very cold overnight to night fourteen again it will feel in the single digits with de breeze, and then tomorrow it's cloudy. It's cold, only the low twenties for a high. Same deal for Wednesday, and then we get closer to Thursday to thirty with sunshine on Thursday. So right now, twenty degrees in Boston wins gusting to twenty seven miles per hour, feels like minus four at six oh five. The Chinese Lunar New Year celebrated yesterday at Braintree High School, where more than one thousand people attended. Here's wbz's Suzanne Sposville.
Speaker 5: This is the year snake, clever and smart.
Speaker 3: Thy guss Sailing Sun Lying Hyla.
Speaker 5: Organizer Justine Kong says, there are dozens of performances.
Speaker 4: We had the Lion Dance.
Speaker 6: We have different Kong Fu martiall art kids from different local Asian dance studio.
Speaker 5: More than thirty vendors, traditional Chinese arts and crafts and food.
Speaker 2: Sesame Boss filled in with repping paste.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a mochi.
Speaker 5: Taste for it. It's important his kids are here well Asian.
Speaker 2: My kids are Chinese and Filipino and we want to expose them to like some of the lunar New Year festivities that you know they don't get to see often.
Speaker 5: The Year of the Snake starts on January twenty ninth in Braintree. Suzanne Sasville WBZ Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: The great work done by doctor Martin the King Junior and Coretta Scott King honored last night during the Embrace Honors MLK event in Boston. Governor Moore heely among those in attendance.
Speaker 6: It's always such an important day and important weekend. I think this year especially, it's so important that people come together, enjoy and in support of all that is good and so to be here tonight to recognize and help honor some fantastic people. Couldn't have a better way to begin Mlkday.
Speaker 1: Martin Luther King met his future wife, Coretta Scott, while they were both studying in Boston. Among the honorees last night former Governor Charlie Baker and First Lady Lauren Baker, Former Governor Daval Patrick and First Lady Diane Patrick, John n Sandra Borders, Jill Medvedo and Richard Kazis, and doctor THEA. James, and the Reverend Irene Munroe. The Boston Broadcast Family remembering former WBZ News Radio director At Bell, who died last week at the age of eighty four. While the news director at WBZ, he oversaw the station's coverage of the desegregation of Boston schools back in nineteen seventy four. He was also the news director at the old WHDH Radio and later worked at the Associated Present in various positions, including as bureau chief in Boston, where he oversaw the peace coverage of the two thousand and four Democratic Convention at TD Garden. You are now in the loop for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Charlie Berger on WBZ, Boston's news radio