Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following is a paid program. Wor's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Now, how can you prevent diseases that come from the brain. There's lots of different diseases, whether it's Parkinson's, Alzheimer's dimension, a stroke, multiple sclerosis, depression, anxiety, insomnia, fatigue. Right, most of these problems actually come from the brain. Even high blood pressure that actually comes from the brain. How come the cardiologists isn't analyzing the brain. When your brain controls your blood pressure, your brain controls your heart rate. So if you relax your brain, your blood pressure goes down.
Speaker 4: We have lots of.
Speaker 3: Patients that come to us for high blood pressure and then when we fix their brains, now their blood pressure goes down. Now, the medication that they're taking for the blood pressure overworks and they become under pressure. Right, so instead of high blood pressure, it's low blood pressure. And when they have low blood pressure, they get dizziness and light headed, and they might come to me for dizziness or lightheadedness, and then I actually say, hey, it's not actually the brain that's the problem. Your brain is actually functioning better. But because your brain is functioning better now, the high blood pressure medication makes your blood pressure lower, and that's not good. Same thing happens with diabetes. People come to us with diabetes, and then as their brain starts getting better, their pancreage starts working better, their nutrition improves, they start going to bed earlier, they stop having a less sedentary lifestyle. Now the diabetes medication, instead of becoming hyperglycemic, makes you hypoglycemic, and then you get light headed and dizzy. So a lot of the patients that come to us, it's the medication that's causing their problem. Sometimes the cure is worse than the condition. When we are helping people that have thyroid problems and we fix their brain and their body, now the thyruloid medication overworks and instead of becoming instead of being hypothyroid, now they're hyperth thyroid, and that's even worse. So we got to make sure we're not over medicating. Sometimes what you feel isn't the actual problem in your brain and your body, but it side effects of medication. The healthiest people in the world take the least medicine. The healthiest people in the world see the least amount of doctors. The healthiest people in the world take the least amount of tests. I pride myself in doing as least testing as possible and try and figure it out so I don't have to expose people to unnecessary radiation. If I'm a good doctor, we don't need to radiate the patients. We could discover the problems without chemicals, without radiation, without contrast fluid. The rule of a doctor is do no harm. It's the first rule, do no harm. Why are so many doctors breaking those rules? Radiation is harm. If you don't need to radiate, don't radiate the patient. If you don't need to medicate, don't medicate. And now we have all these over the counter stuff. It's so easy for patients to get might be profit and tail and all and aspirin and all these allergy medications and sleeping medications and cold remedies, and oh my god, there's so much medication. You don't even need a doctor's prescription for this stuff. And this stuff is poison. You could cause internal damage you're not even realizing. Just because it's over the counter doesn't make it safe. I'm also talking about supplements. The healthiest people in the world do not take supplements. You don't need supplements if you're healthy. The only supplement I take is vitamin D because I'm inside during the day, you know. And I'm still trying to figure that out, because why am I going inside all day? You know? My hours are ten to five. That's when I see patients. But it's all inside, and that's when the sun's the strongest, from ten to five. And I do that five days a week. So I'm not getting the proper vitamin D. Nobody's perfect, but only do it if you absolutely need it. If you don't need it, don't take it. I'm sick of my patients coming in on twelve twenty thirty forty supplements. That's not healthy. Do you think God wants you to eat food from this little pill? Or do you think God wants you to use the sun use the air, use the water. And the food that's on this earth so beautiful. All the different colors, all the fruits and veggies, all the different animals, and the nuts and the seeds, all the fish, everything all on this earth. There's so much good, real food out there. But it doesn't come in a pill or a box or can or a bag. Health does not come in a bottle. Don't think you're healthy if you're taking anything in bottles. That's not true health. It's not complicated. We complicate too much. We try and outsmart the human body. Oh, stop outsmarting the human body. If you have a temperature, your body's heating up to kill off the virus. If you have a pain, your body's letting you know something's wrong. If it's a headache, you're not getting oxygen to your brain. If it's a chest pain, you're not getting oxygen to your heart. If it's stomach pain, you're not getting oxygen to your stomach and it might be depleted. And when you don't have enough oxygen, that means you have too much. Carbon dioxide and viruses. Bacteria they love carbon dioxide. Parasites they love it, worms love it. Yeast mold they love it, all these toxic substances. Cancer loves it, diabetes loves it. They love that carbon dioxide. So when you don't get oxygen, your brain's telling you right when females are on their period, because they're losing blood and oxygen. That's why a lot of them will put hot packs. That helps me more blood and oxygen. You get sore muscles, right, A lot of people do a hot pack. Blood and oxygen. Acupuncture is for oxygen, and blood massages for blood and oxygen, electrical stem blood and oxygen, exercise, blood and oxygen. It's all about the blood and oxygen. And when you don't have it, you're gonna have a consequence, and a lot of times it's just pain. That's why patients love our hyperbaric oxygen chambers, which is increasing oxygen and the toxins can't live. That's why breathing exercises are so important. More oxygen inhale for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, and exhale for eight seconds. That's the breeding exercise that's gonna maximize your oxygen. It's gonna get rid of your carbor dioxide. It's gonna activate your vague nerve. It's my favorite breathing exercise. Inhale for four seconds, hold your breath for seven, and exhale for eight seconds. And on the inhale, if you want to get a few extra oxygen molecules into those lungs on that last second, take a big inhale, and if you want a detox on that last exhale, push it all the way out. Push push, push push. All right, so you're gonna inhale for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, exhale for eight It's good to be a diaphragmatic breather. A diaphramatic breather is when you inhale, push your belly down and out. That's gonna push your diaphragm down and out on the exhale. Everything comes in on the inhale, diaphragm down and out. On the exhale, diaphragm up and in. It's gonna squeeze that carbon dioxide out and come from a giving nature. When you accel, you are giving the plants the carbon dioxide they need to thrive. Just like we need oxygen to thrive, they need carbon dioxide to thrive. So every exhale you do, you're giving the trees and the bushes, and the plants and the grass, all the carbon dioxide they need to function at highest level. So not only are you getting rid of your toxins, our toxins are beneficial to them. It's a symbiotic relationship. They're getting rid of their toxins, which is oxygen, we're inhaling that. Then we're exhaling carbon dioxide, which is good for them. It's unbelievable, you know. It's like the water hydrates us, and then it keeps the plants strong, and then it evaporates and then it comes down again. It's like this ecosystem we live. It's only it's too unreal to even imagine. This exists in the human brain controls everything, and we're trashing it with alcohol, with dairy, with gluten, with sugar, with coffee, with drugs. We're killing our brains. You only get one brain. It's the most important organ. Take care of it. Do the right thing. Start cherishing your brain by listening to the suggestions at this show. Your brain is going to function at the highest level. Don't wait for your memory goes bad to start working on it. Don't wait for you to get depressed to start working on it or get anxious, or to get parkinsins. Don't wait. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, but you have to take action. Novelty is the most important thing to keep your brain strong, so start doing new things to function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan, brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 3: Hello and come to boost your brain power. I'm your host, doctor Eric Caplan. Now is the perfect time to get into good habits. The best habit to begin is your morning power hour. During the morning power Hour, you're gonna get a lot of stuff done to start your day off in a good way. The worst thing to do is start your day off pressing the snooze alarm. That's literally starting your day with a failure. So you set an attention, I'm getting up at this time, and I couldn't do it, all right, so don't press the snooze. I follow Mel Robbins and she does the five second rule. So your alarm goes off and you count down five four, three, two one, then you jump out of bed. Once you get out of bed, it's pretty easy to get your day going. But it's easy to stay underneath your covers, staying and warm, relax a little bit, but nope. Once you set the alarm, time to get up. The first thing you should do every single morning when you wake up, it's called oil pulling. What oil pulling is is where you take coconut oil. All right, it's morganic coconut oil. Swish it around in your mouth for thirty seconds, so you swish it all around. It's called oil pulling, and try and squeeze it in between aill your teeth, use your tongue, use a toothbrush if you need, but get it all around your gums, your mouth, your teeth. What Coconut oil is a natural antibiotic, and it kills off all your bad bacteria in your oral microbiome, the bad bacteria much better than listerine or mouthwash that has alcohol, because the alcohol kills off the good bacteria, and we want good bacteria in our mouth. It's called ooral mic roll biome. Okay, So we want more good bacteria and less bad bacteria. So you're gonna do oil pulling for thirty seconds every single morning. Swish it around your mouth, and then spit it out in the garbage. Don't put it in the sink because that'll, you know, mess up your pipes, So just spit it out in the garbage and don't swallow it either, because you don't want to swallow the bad bacteria. You want to get rid of the bad bacteria. Okay, so that's thirty seconds. Then right when you wake up, cold water on the face. Splash your face with cold water. Okay. Then it's good to go to the bathroom, have a bowel movement. You're in a then I like to read part of my book. So whatever it is, you can read one page, that's all you gotta do. But at least it's something. If you have time, read two pages, and if you have even more time, read three pages. But every single day, and hopefully it's like something that's helpful, like a self help book or a motivational book, or a business book, or a health book or a brain book, something that's going to improve your health, your well being, your quality of life. But you gotta read every day, even if it's just one page. But get in that habit where every day you read something. Okay, and you got to do a gratitude journal, and I don't care if it's just write one thing. I'm grateful for a roof up over my head. I'm grateful for food being in my refrigerator. I'm grateful for clothes on my back. I'm grateful for my spouse or my kids, or my parents, or my friends, or my neighborhood, or my job or my coworkers, or the term I live in, or the city I live in, or the country I live in. Just be thankful for something. Be grateful for your life, for your health. Be grateful that you could see. I see lots of blind patients in my office. Be grateful that you can hear. There's lots of people that are deaf. Be grateful you could walk, lots of people in wheelchairs. Stop taking for granted stuff that will create your happiness. You know, I heard this one interview and the guy asks the person on the show. He says, hey, would you be happy if they gave you ten million dollars? And the guy's like, yep, I'd be very happy. Be hard for someone to get you in a bad mood if I just give you ten million dollars And I goes, Yep, it'd be very tough to get me in a bad mood after giving me ten million dollars, I'd be really happy. But then the interviewer goes, now, what if I gave you that ten million dollars but you couldn't wake up the next day. And the guy goes, no, I wouldn't take that ten million dollars if I couldn't wake up the next step, And so the inviewer says, so, what you're saying is that waking up every morning is worth more than ten million dollars, And the goes, yeah, I didn't even.
Speaker 4: Think of that perspective.
Speaker 3: So it goes, why don't you wake up every morning like you just won ten million dollars. People don't do that. They don't wake up every morning. He's like, oh, I could see, I can eat, I could pee, I could poop, I could walk, I could talk. Right, they don't say that. They're not grateful for what you have. You have to show gratitude. If you show gratitude, it's very hard to be anxious. It's very hard to be stressed. Show gratitude in your life. Every single morning when you wake up, you at least write one thing and say it out loud. I'm grateful, I have a dog, you know whatever. It is, just be grateful for something every single day. Right, So you wake up, you got your oil pulling, got your cold water on your face, have your bowel movement, go peep, read a page of your book. Write at least one thing you're grateful for. Then write at least one goal that you want to accomplish, either that day, that week, or that year. I want to get a raise, I want to make more money. I want to lose five pounds. I want to get bigger muscles. I want to learn a new language. I want to learn how to play a musical instrument. I want to have a better relationship with my wife. I want to get my kid something nice. Just have a goal, spend ten minutes with my son something. Have some goal that you're going to accomplish, and then when you check it off, celebrate the small wins. Those little check those small wins. Those release dopamine. We like dopamine. But then when you have long term goals, long term relationship, long term health habits, then it builds serotonin. That's the mood stabilizer. So we want dopaminea those quick hits. We want serotonin those long lasting neurotransmitters. We want oxytocin, the love hormone. Start holding people's hands, start hugging people, kissing people. Human touch is very important, and I don't care if you get it with the dog. Also pet a dog, cuddle with a dog. But have some sort of affection, have some touch in your life. It's oxytocin, and you get it from holding hands, you get it from hugging, you get it from the sixth second from now on. When you kiss your spouse in the morning, and hopefully you do it instead of just kissing for one second, kiss for six seconds. Then you release all those love hormones. Okay, you could do it. You can get those endorphins going. Yeah, that's when you go for a nice run that runners high. Even a piece of dark chocolate could get the endorphins going. Love relationships smiling, laughing. There's so many natural ways to boost your brain. All right, getting back to the morning power hour. Now it's time to meditate. And I don't care if it's a thirty second meditation, but start meditating every single day. I call it the relaxed technique. So I start at the top of my head and I say relax, and I relax all those muscles on the top of my head. Then I say relax, and I relax my forehead. Then I say relax, and I relax my temples and relax my eyebrows, relax my eye lids, relax my cheek, relax my jaw, relax my neck, my shoulders, my back, my hips, my knees, go all the way down to my toes. So I pick thirty spots. Each spot is a second it's a thirty second meditation. Each spot. You're just saying relax, relax. Internally, it's called a mantra. Relax, relax, relax. Everybody could do thirty second meditation. That's your power hour. You do it every single morning. So I don't care if you read one page of a book, do a thirty second meditation, write one thing in your gratitude journal. Just do something every day. Do something every day to exercise. I don't care if it's a ten second run down your block. Just run down to the edge of your block for ten seconds. But at leash you start breathing a little heavy and your heart started beating and maybe even a little sweat. But every day, do something active. I don't care if it's ten pushups, ten sit ups, ten jumping jacks, a ten second run, ten second bike, just do something. If you got thirty seconds, do thirty seconds. If you got a minute, do a minute. If you got five minutes, do five minutes. But minimum do ten seconds. Don't say oh, I don't have time to do a ten second jumping jacks. Everybody's got ten seconds. But do something. Move your body every single morning before you leave to do your errands, to go to work, to go to school, take your kids, run whatever you gotta do, but do ten seconds of an exercise every single morning. It's all about the consistency. And then get a meal prep. Don't go your house without eating and without food prep. Because you want organic food. You want healthy food. You want colorful food. You want stuf full of dairy and sugar and cheese and cream and boxes and cans and bags. You want stuff with all these oils. You don't want takeout food. You want real food from the earth, fruits, veggies, nuts, eggs, fish, chicken, turkey, real food from the earth. Stop eating all this processed crap with food dies, artificial sweetness, artificial flavors. You want one ingredient food. So prep every morning. If you do all these things every morning, you food prep, you exercise, you gratitude, you read right, you cold water on your face, you oil pull, you go to the bathroom, You write down in your journal, you write your goals down. Then you are gonna conquer the day. But if you press your snooze alarm and you sleep in, you start off your day with a failure. So start doing morning power hour so you could function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the Doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 4: Function better, feel better and live a better life.
Speaker 3: This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power now, in your lifetime. You're only allowed a certain amount of radiation before your body shuts down. And when it shuts down, it could actually create cancer. You can get sick, can mess up your immune system, on immune disease. It could create a lot of inflammation. So we're only allowed a certain amount of radiation in our lifetime, so you have to limit it as much as you can. And there's lots of areas where you could limit right, so you can, you know, not get so many dental X rays. You cannot stand in Starbucks for so long. When you're in Starbucks, it's like you're in a microwave because all the Wi Fi, all the radiation. Everyone's on their data planes, everyone's on their five G they're just hanging out there. They're on their computers and their cell phones and their iPads. There's a lot of radiation when people just hanging out all in this one little coffee shop there. The airplanes have lots of radiation. You gotta limit your flying. Start driving more right, so you know when you go to the airport, get the pat down. You know when you go to the doctor. Don't always do all these X rays and catscans and pet scans. It's a lot of radiation. It's everywhere. Your microwave that's radiation. Your cell phone that's radiation. You should always have your cell phone minimum six inches away from you at all times, and at night you want it six feet away from you. Then all these little bluetooth devices they have radiation. You know, the AirPods for your ears to listen to your music, the Apple watches, you know, these little devices, the are devices, the swoop, you know these things. They measure your whatever it is, your respiration and your heart rate and your sleeping patterns. But you're radiating your body. You got to limit your radiation. Stay away from electricity towers, stay away from cell phone towers, stay away from the big cities. There's a website, I think it's antennas dot com. You could go and you could see how much antennas are near you, how many cell phone towers are near you, So you could see are you exposed to a lot of radiation? And you put it well within two miles, like how many towers are near me. It's pretty scary. You go into the middle of the country, you know you're in Kansas or you know, Idaho or someplace like that. There's very low amount of antennas and towers and stuff like that. You go towards the suburbs, it's a lot more, and then when you go in the inner city it's ridiculous. So when you're in the inner city, it's just like a you're just constantly being radiated because there's so many people using all these devices, so many five G towers close together, so many electricity towers, there's so many antennas, there's so many you know, these boxes, there's so much Wi Fi. There's so much five G. I mean, it's crazy amount of radiation. So the more in seclusion you are, the more open space you are, the more in nature you are, the less radiation. You might have to think about moving out of the big city if you don't want all this radiation. Okay, so you gotta make good decisions. You have to make healthy decisions. If you're on your cell phone, don't hold it next to your ear. Get a wire headphone set, not a bluetooth device, but wire old school. Keep your phone six inches away from you, so you could be with your phone six inches away from you, have the wire connected and still talk and not get the radiation. If you are talking on your phone and your phone is near you just turn off the Wi Fi. You don't need the Wi Fi, so don't add extra radiation. Only use your Wi Fi when you actually need it. You're downloading something, you're you know, on the internet. You know, there's not a good cell phone signal, but your Wi Fi should be off most of the day. It's only when you don't have your cell phone signal, and then turn off your five G. Most cell phones have a setting where you could turn off five G and only use three G or four G, so they have a The regular landline is one G, you know, and that's when I was growing up. You'd have the phone that was attached to the wall with the long wire that is one G. Then they invented the portable phones that's without a wire at all, but you still need a landline connection into the base. That's two G. Then the cell phones were invented where you don't need any plug. They're just using the signals there. That's three G. Then we started using you know, all the stuff for the Internet and stuff. Then it became four G, and now we're up to five G because they've won all this super speed, you know, to me three gene. Four G were plenty fast. Five G is not that much faster. We don't need five G. It's just more radiation. So that's not good. And they're building these towers everywhere, and they build them usually you know, by the I know in New Jersey they're at the police stations and the firehouses and the schools and near all these government buildings. I wouldn't be surprised, you know if a few years from now, we're gonna see all these police and firemen and all these jobs that are right next to the five G towers start to get a little sick because it's a lot of radiation. You know, we're gonna be very very careful. Don't use your microwave oven. That's radiation. Microwaves are not safe, and they kill all your food. They kill water. If you microwave water and then try and use that water for your plants or something like that, those plants will die. You don't utilize the nutrients if you microwave your food. And if you use plastics, even if it says microwaveable safe, it's not. Those plastics are leaking into the food. The plastics in the water bottles, they leak into the water. Stop using plastic, and definitely don't cook in the microwave with the plastic. The average American eats about a credit card size worth a plastic every year. We got to stop eating the plastics. They're endocrine disruptors. They mess up your hormones. It goes you to gain weight. You want to lose weight. Stop using plastic water bottles. Start using glass and stainless steel. Store all your food in glass or stainless steel. Cook with stainless steel. Don't use aluminum pans or a taflon or a non stick. Use stainless steel, all right. Don't use aluminum foil to cook with. Don't wrap stuff in aluminum foil. You can use the parchment paper, you know, those old school brown paper. You know. We have to start thinking, how can I reduce my radiation? How can I reduce my heavy metals, How can I reduce my chemical exposure? How can I reduce my plastics? Start making healthy decisions. There's so much stuff that you have no control over. So the stuff that you do have control over, start utilizing it. You gotta use glass for plastic, stainless steel over aluminum. Make better decisions. Turn off your Wi Fi, turn off the five G. Don't take so many X rays and cat scans and pet scans. The pet scans have the most radiation out of all of them. Don't always do these mammograms for your breasts. If you want to check, do thermography, do digital use your hands. Just feel your breasts every day. Same thing for the men. Feel your testicles, feel your skin. You'll know what's good and what's not good. You gotta be old school doctors. Do a prostate exam. You don't necessarily need to do MRIs and use those contrasts fluid. Okay, there's so many natural, holistic, easy ways to analyze your health without using radius, and then you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 2: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplinbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplin, or visit caplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 4: Function better, feel better, and live a better life.
Speaker 3: This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening.
Speaker 4: To boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Now. Don't believe the lie that memory gets worse with age. That is not true. Your memory can improve with age. All you have to do is exercise your brain. Your bones can get stronger with age. All you have to do is to wait resistant exercise. Your muscles can get stronger with age. You just got to start going to the gym. Your posture can get better with age. You have to do posture exercises. This is not rocket science. If you want your memory to improve with age, you have to do memory exercises. If you want your muscles to get stronger, you have to do weights. If you want your posture to improve, you have to do posture exercise. If you want more energy, you have to stop living a sedentary lifestyle. If you want your vision to improve, you have to do eye exercises. Anything in your life can improve, but you got to work for it. So if you want to imp your vision, the best exercise is called the Brock string exercise. The Brock string exercises these different colored beads that are attached to a string, and you look at one that's close to you, and then a little bit further and a little bit further, and you can literally exercise your eye muscles. So don't listen to all these people that say, oh, as you get older, your vision gets worse. As you get older, you get more joint pains, as you get older, your memory gets worse. Lies, lies, lies. I'm here to tell you the truth that you could get healthier as you get older, but you gotta do the work. Nobody's going to do the work for you. Nobody cares about your health more than you. So if you want to get healthier, you gotta do the work. There's no doctor that's gonna save you. There's no pill that's going to fix you. There's no injection that's going to create all your health and well being. There's no IV and all of a sudden improves every aspect of your health. There's no magic pill. Stop looking for it. You gotta do the work you want. Want to improve your posture, you gotta do posture exercise. You want to improve your vision, do vision exercise. You want to improve your memory, do memory exercise. There's a test called the Mocha Test MOCA. That's the standard test that all of us neurologists do to see if you have any predisposition to Alzheimer's or dementia. It's out of thirty and you want to get twenty six out of thirty. If you get a twenty six out of thirty while taking this Mocha test, then your brain's doing okay. If you're less than twenty six, that's not good. That means you're already having some brain issues and that could lead to dementia Alzheimer's. Now, remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So the three most important things to prevent Alzheimer's or dementia to improve your memory and focus are as follows. Number one, novelty, You have to do new things every single day. Do something new that you've never done before. Number two is brain activation. You gotta challenge yourself. You gotta challenge your memory. Memorize people's phone numbers, Memorize your grocery lists, memorize the address. Stop relying on Google and the GPS and YouTube for everything. Start using your brain. Start trying to use your memory more. Challenge yourself on purpose. Don't use all the technology. You don't want digital dementia where you get dumb because you're always relying on these smart devices. Start using your brain and start unplugging. Then you're gonna get stronger. And the third most important thing is fuel delivery. Good healthy diet, making sure you eat each color of the rainbow, staying away from all the white foods, the sugar, the dairy, the wheat, the bread, the grains. Process food stuff in boxes and cans and bags. Make sure you get your oxygen to your breathing exercise where you're in for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, exhale for eight seconds. Get your vitamin D, get your sunlight, and then get your water. If your body weighing ounces, if you weigh two hundred pounds, you gotta drink one hundred ounces of water every single day, and you want to drink it on an empty stomach, and you want to put a pinch of Celtic salt so you get absorbed. You don't want to just drink the water and then pee it out. So those are the three most important things for your memory. Novelty doing new things, challenging your brain, exercising it, using your memory, and then giving a good fuel delivery, giving it the energy that it needs to function at the highest level. Those are the three most important things to improve your memory in a natural and holistic way. Now, one of the of things that you want to do is see am I predispose to a memory issue? So the Mocha test is your first test, and you could do that with a partner at home and just kind of test each other. There's different versions, version one or version two. Obviously you don't want to do, you know, the same version over because the person who did the test the first time is going to do much better. So you do version one, version two, tech text each other. If you're less than twenty six, you better give us a call here at CAPL and Brain and Body, we see people virtually now we do it in our New Jersey offices, our New York offices. So make sure that you do this mocha test to see how your memory is doing. Now, if you don't want to do that and you want to actually do a official neurologic test, the best test to check how your brain is function is called a qEEG brain mapping. During this test, you wear a cap and the cap has electrodes that attach to it, and these electrodes measure your brain waves, your alpha brain waves, your beta, theta, delta. Your alpha brain wave is just how you are normally during your regular daily routine. Your beta brain waves is when you need to really focus and think and you're studying, or you're giving a presentation, or you're speaking in front of an audience, or you're reading a book, or you're taking notes in a class. That's your beta. Your theta is when you're just daydreaming. You're in La la land, you're looking out the window, or you're just kind of out in the woods listening to the birds chirping and you're just kind of day dreaming off. That's your theta brain waves. And then your delta brain waves that's when you're sleeping when you're at rest, when everything needs to calm down and shut off. So this qEEG brain mapping measures all your different brain waves and based on the location of the abnormal brain waves, will tell us why your brain isn't functioning right. I'll say, hey, this is gonna cause depression or anxiety. Where this will cause troubles with memory, whether it's long term memory, short term memory, whether it's your working memory. It's gonna say if you have sleep deprivation. It's gonna tell us do you have heavy metal poisoning, Do you have a concussion, Do you have any pathogens in there? Do you have white matter inflammation. It's gonna measure whether you have low dopamine levels. It's gonna measure if you have low acetylcholine. It can even tell us if you have a thyroid problem, if you have intestinal inflammation. It can tell us you have a difficulty shifting, task trouble motivation, balance problems, ringing in the ears, low energy. It literally analyzes your entire brain. It's non invasive, there's no radiation. It's normally five hundred dollars. But we're gonna give a gift to our listeners this week for the first seven people to call text or email you could get this qEEG brain mapping for only twenty one dollars. The phone number to call our text is six four six two two one six seven three eight, or you can email info at Kaplan braininbody dot com. We're also going to give another gift. It's called a VNG Video nostography. And for this test, you wear these goggles and they have infrared cameras on them. They measure your different eye movements and right and left and up and down and slow and best and dark and light, all different directions, different speeds. It measures the imbalances of your brain, and it tells us which parts of your brain are overactive, which could cause anxiety and stress and difficulty sleeping and heart palpitations and ADHD and the mind's racing and worry and anger and aggression and where everything's just overactive. Or it'll tell us which areas of the brain are underactive. You might have brain fog, poor memory, fatigue, troubles with focus, you might have poor metabolism, difficulty losing weight, you might have vision problems, hearing problems. That's when everything's underactive. Now, the V and G tells us Okay, it's at the right side, is the left side? Which areas up? Which area is low? That's why I love this test. This test is also normally five hundred dollars, but the gift is for the first seven people to call, text or email. You could get the B and G also for only twenty one dollars. The number again is six four six two two one six seven three eight, or you can email info at kaplanbrainebody dot com. And the last gift is a one on one evaluation with me where I go over the qEEG brain mapping, I go over the VNG, we go over your blood work. We check out your heart, your lungs, we check out your gut, your memory, the Mocha test. We check out your balance, your posture, your vision, your coordination, your gate. We do a full neurological and physical evaluation. Takes about forty five minutes. It's normally five hundred dollars. For the first seven people to call, text or email. You can get the one on one with me for only twenty one dollars. And if you want to do all three, just call text or email. Say you want to do all three tests for only twenty one dollars each, the QEG Brain Mapping, the VNG, and the one on one with Me. All you have to do is call, text or email six four six two two one six seven three eight or email info at Kaplanbraininbody dot com. If you enjoyed the show and you want to find out more information about our offices in New Jersey in New York, as well as our virtual ways to see us as well, you could go to our website kaplindc dot com. If you're interested in getting my book, uh, it's called Boost Your Brain Power, A Guide to improving your memory and Focus. You can get that on Amazon. Just make sure you spell brain power with one word. It's a picture of a big blue brain on there. If you on social media, you could go to our Facebook Caplin Brain and Body. And if you're on YouTube, you can check out our videos. We have over one hundred videos. The page's Caplin Brain and Body if you want to subscribe and like and comment. And if you're on Instagram, it's at Caplan Brain and Body. If you're on TikTok, it's at doctor Eric Kaplan. So there's lots of information out there if you want to listen to the old shows. Just go on the website and you can download some of the archives. All my old shows are on there as well. So just listen to all this stuff, get the information, get the book, join us on social media, keep listening to the radio show so that you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you just listen to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, into creative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplan, you could call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero, or visit his website at kaplindc dot com. The preceding was a paid program.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed