Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Yeah, yeah, I mean nursing away is you stand up for what you believe, and you tell people what you believe, and you're willing to engage in the conversation. And I talk often on the show about the day in Colorado where we had giants on both sides of the aisle, and there were plenty of elected Democrats who you'd put in that category and big minds and big action that they took, and often I disagreed with their action, but they were always willing to have the conversation. So somebody in that class and caliber of elected official is a Mike Doherty. Michael is the DA up in the Boulder elected Democrat also running for attorney General. He's in the primary on the Democrats side, and Michael's kind enough to join us today. We're talking about a piece he wrote back in twenty three, a guest opinion piece on public safety, justice and mental health, and it ties directly into this big concern we're talking about this week. You know where we're talking about this guy. He's on video trying to kidnap a kid from an Aurora elementary school, and now it looks like he may not face those criminal charges due to mental competency issues. Michael, welcome back to the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 2: Good affingoon, Dan, and thank you so much for having me back. I'm excited to talk to you today.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, my friend. This piece that you wrote along with my friend John Kelder when he was an elected DA and Michael Allen and Brian Mason as well, a bipartisan piece, I think very valuable and very timely given what's going on right now. But can you just give people an overview of these public safety mental health issues within the system and where we run into these gaps in.
Speaker 2: The law well, as you highlighted at the top, Dan, we have significant challenges right now in the justice system due to mental health disorders and the Latin treatment available not only to people in the community, but also in the justice system and the state hospital. And what we highlighted in that bipartisan effort at the end of twenty twenty three remains true today. So there are number of key issues not just hit on them quickly and then happen to talk about them in more detail. One is that when people are found permanently incompetent to stand trial, the court has to dismiss the case. To me, it's a failure for public safety, for victims and for our communities. That doesn't trigger an automatic admission to a facility. If we just take a step back and you think about the fact that someone's been found permanently a competent stand trial for a criminal case, including a serious case, and they're released into the community without treatment and without medication and without support, we're not only failing them, we're failing future victims and community members that should trigger that finding. Are permanently incompetent should trigger automatic admission. The other area that we as a bipartisan group of district attorneys highlighted and then I remain very concerned about to this day is the significant backlog at the state hospital. So, as you know, Dan, there are hundreds of people awaiting in mission, treatment and evaluation as the state hospital. That has two impacts that I think everyone who's listening should be concerned about. The first is that if the time that someone's waiting to be treated and evaluated is longer than they would face if they were sentenced on a case. In other words, let's say the maximum sentence is a year and they're waiting over a year, the law in Colorado requires that they'd be released. And that's not fair to the person who's going to chuse. But it's also not fair to anybody who's been impacted or could be impacted. And the other piece of that is, and this is an issue in Boulder County and I'm going to keep pushing and fighting to improve this, but that backlog means our Boulder County jail is often full. So if you have a police department in Boulder County that's making unrest, there are times where the Boulder County Jail will not accept that person but booking into the jail because they're full due to that from the state hospital, which for example, on any given day is sixty people awaiting transport. So this is impacting those individuals who are deteriorating in seals, but having a downstream impact on community safety. I feel passionate about it as District Attorney and as candidate four and if I have of the honor being elected as Attorney general as well.
Speaker 1: Michael Doherty our guest, Well, well, what's the fix, Michael, because right now we can all see what's coming down the tracks, and unfortunately it's already come down the tracks and killed people. So what's the fix.
Speaker 2: I think it's a couple of things. Some of these things are happening at the local level, which is mental health diversion programs and competency courts. We now have those in Boulder County and there are other jurisdictions in Colorado where those steps have been taken, and that's helping at the local level to address some of the issues we've talked about up to this point. I also would we need as a state to see the state hospital improve. And that's not just my opinion, of my view because Dan, as you know, in twenty nineteen, a federal judge ordered annual f to be paid for every year, but the state hospital fails to meet national required standards. The taxpayers of Colorado, you're listeners, We have been paying these signs ever since at a mind boggling cost of ten to twelve million dollars per year. So we paid that more fifteen million dollars of taxpayer money over the last five years because we're not in compliance with the federal judge's order. So that's why we need to First of all, that money should be put to better use. But second of all, it really highlights how many people are suffering given the current situation, and there are a lot of people working on it. I don't want to diminish that, but we need to make progress sooner rather than later because we continue to see cases and laves being negatively impacted.
Speaker 1: How much would it cost to comply with the federal court's order.
Speaker 2: I think part of the challenge from working with doctors and individuals at the state hospital is they have a struggle staffing up the state hospital. So part of the challenge is getting good, qualified, skilled people to join other people who are already working hard down in Pueblo, for example, at the state hospital. I mean, ideally, in my opinion, we should have regional hospitals available, right, given how many people struggle with these issues the justice system.
Speaker 1: But right, isn't that an obvious part of the fix is you've got to have that hospital or a version of it in the metro area where you got the people.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I certainly agree.
Speaker 1: Dan Again, Michael Doherty our guest. By the way, Michael, how can people follow you? And is there a campaign website?
Speaker 2: Yes, thanks for asking, there's a campaign website. It's Michael four AG, so Michael forag dot com. I'll also give you my email. It's Michael Dougherty, CEO at gmail dot com. I respond to every email I get, and I really encourage people to reach out. I've done that since being elected dis attorney in twenty eighteen. I always respond to every call on email we receive in the DA's office, and that's what I'm doing as a candidate as well.
Speaker 1: Man, that's impressive. Probably tough on the golf game. Probably no golf game, right.
Speaker 2: Golf not my thing.
Speaker 1: And you're a lucky man.
Speaker 2: It does impact if you're.
Speaker 1: A lucky man.
Speaker 2: So good reason.
Speaker 1: Heee, What do you think would happen if there was a statewide ballot issue and it really just laid out a plan that made sense, And because I think there's a lot of empathy across party lines for people who are mentally ill, and there's a lot of fear for the much smaller percentage who are dangerously mentally Ill. I think Colorado would back a plan if there was a chance to do.
Speaker 2: It directly, Dan, that is a great idea, and I think there's a lot of merit to what you just said, and I certainly agree with it. I think you're right that so many people have members of their families or their circles who are impacted by mental health issues, who have such a struggle finding high level treatment that they can afford on a regular, consistent basis, And that's reflected in the data. According to Mental Health America, we rank as a state forty eighth in the nation in mental health treatment being provided for those in need. So not just in the justice system, our prison system, but people who are in the community who are really struggling with mental health disorders. And I see from the programs that we've built in the Boulder County justice system and the Boulder County Jail, which are consistently maxed out and the number of people how necessary those programs are. But as you know, Coloradens wouldn't want to just throw money away. We're going to do a ballot measure, it would have to be something that I'm sure, folks, that the money is going to be successful and productive and not just fall into a black hole. And I want to make sure we have a structure there, that people know that the money's going to where it needs to be, and that we're investing more in the people who are struggling and as a result, lifting up the state as.
Speaker 1: A whole man. And I'll tell you if very few things would be as important to lifting this state up as that. And while we've got to Michael, anything you can update us on regarding the horrific attack down there on the mall that the people who got burned, unfortunately one fatally.
Speaker 2: Yes, And horrific is the word that comes to mind for me, Dan, just absolutely terrifying attack on the Pearl Street Mall on June first, was still in the early stages of the case. But a couple things that I'll share with you. First, I greatly appreciate the strong relationships we form between the federal, state and local partners that we have. So then when from June first forward, from the day of the attack on the federal state and local agencies involved have strong working relationships and mutual trust and respect, that's what the community deserves. It's certainly what the victims should have. But that doesn't happen in every jurisdiction, and I'm really grateful that we've worked on that over the years in Boulda County but also throughout the state of Colorado. As a result, we're able to respond in force and give this case everything that it deserves. And today we are scheduled for earplimentary hearing. We were prepared with a detective from the bold of Police Department. The lead detective was going to testified to show the court that we have evidence to support problem cause for the charges moving forward, and at the last minute, the defensive side of the wave the pliminary hearings we have the same outcome, thankfully, and now we move forward to the defendant's arrayment on September ninth at one point thirty And if people are interested in following the case, all the proceedings, not just for this case, but for every case in Colorado are available over live stream, and I should since I'm on with you right now. Also mentioned, as I'm required by the ethical rules that the defendant, of course is innocent and lesson until proven guilty, and the charges are merely allegations. And what I want to emphasize is I can promise you we're going to work tirelessly to fight for justice in that case. I've been a prosecutor for twenty eight years and this case is just horrific, beyond words, and we're going to fight to make sure the defendant's helpfully accountable and that we support the victims and their families every step of the way.
Speaker 1: Well, no doubt you will do that. And hey, can you give that email again, because I'm sure there are a bunch of folks in the audience who are very surprised to hear you give out your email and that you respond to emails.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm happy to do it. So it's Michael Daugherty COO at gmail dot com. Michael doughertyco at gmail dot com. I encourage folks to reach out and then I think you'll understand this and appreciate this. I'm honored to have bipartisan support, so not just Democratic district attorneys and sheriffs, but also some of the Republican district attorneys and sheriffs are supporting my campaign because it's about leading with integrity and doing justice without a concern for political affiliation. And that's what I am committed to bring into the Attorney General's office and making sure that we make decisions and fight for Colorado based on the rule of law and get away from the hyper partisanship and divisiveness that we see in too many campaigns and too many statewide officials.
Speaker 1: Right now. Well, you know a lot of people talk to talk on bipartisanship. You've lived it, and I think a lot of people respect that a lot, including obviously me. So hey, appreciate you being with us and we'll look forward to the next one.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Dan, I really appreciate it was great talking to you and I hope you have a wonderful day you too.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Then its one Michael Doherty, the DA up in Bold, so he will respond to your email. Dick Wadam's in the house.
Speaker 3: You're on the Dan Caplish And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Ryan that Dan, Dick. That sort of brought me back to the good old days when we used to have a bunch of Democrats on it. And Michael Doherty, the Democrat DA in Boulder joined us. Talk about this big gap in the criminal justice system when it comes to mental health, and you can have some people they can't even charge because they're deemed mentally incompetent and then under some circumstances they can just walk out the door, you know, just as ticking time bomb. And so he was talking about some fixes to all of that. So Michael's running for Attorney General in the DEMP side against Jenna Griswold. How do you see that race shape up?
Speaker 4: Well, unfortunately, she has a big advantage. She's been a Secretary of State for now almost eight years. She's raising a whole bunch of money.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: One of the things she did that was probably smart from her standpoint, Dan is she she constantly is going on MSNBC to share her hatred of Donald Trump. Well, she's created kind of a national fundraising base from that. But you know, I was sitting here listening to Michael and I don't know him. He's so impressive, and I'm and while we were you were doing the interview, I got yet another one of what is a daily email asking for money from Griswold, And every every email is nothing, but I hate Donald Trump, and as AG I will confront Donald Trump. And I'm thinking she could no more have had that conversation you just had with Michael Doherty, right, I mean, it's just kind of depressive.
Speaker 1: I know he is very impressive, and I know he and I disagree on some important issues, but he is bipartisan, yes, and when it comes to criminal justice and law enforcement and all that, he is a serious cat.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the real deal. But but Dicky Griswold, is this going for? She's a great unifier? I mean, who else could unify the US Supreme Court? Nine zip?
Speaker 3: But there there you go, who else could?
Speaker 1: That's true?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah again, they're not nine zip on pizza.
Speaker 4: Even the three hardcore liberals on the course said no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah way, yeah, yeah, what a chakra the people of Colorado get to Donald Trump on the bad Yeah.
Speaker 4: That was so she could go in front of the court and grand stand at a news conference.
Speaker 1: I mean, and I understand she's got all the money. But two words. New coke? Did you ever drink new coke? Did you ever try coke? Was horrible? You actually tried?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you try new coke?
Speaker 6: Right, the same exact reaction as Dick did as a youngster. And how much did they spend on the camp?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's notorious, like billions of dollars on new coke. But it tasted, it was horrible. So that that's why I say, Okay, Jenna Griswold's got all this money, but Coloraden's are not stupid. And and I mean she's been I think most people would agree a terrible secretary of state. Yes, And when it comes to attorney general, and I don't know, I think there's a chance those Dem voters maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but secretary attorney general, you start to think about, well, is that a public safety thing too? And when it comes to that, do I want a real lawman or law woman instead of are kind of failed secretary of state?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: And that's the thing. I mean, you know, there are sixty four county clerks dan and the majority are Republican because the rural counties are mostly Republican. But a lot of the Democratic clerks do not like her at all. I mean, they are the ones who really are on the front line of implementing elections and she is nothing but an obstacle to her their work there.
Speaker 1: And I asked this not as a playground thing, but literally, what would there be tolike, right? I mean, just truly as an elected official, a public servant, what would there possibly be tolike you know, the I hate Trump thing. That's got to get old after a while. Yeah, particularly when passwords are getting posted on websites and things like that.
Speaker 4: Yes, so yeah, and remember the leak of the passwords of the Electra equipment, right, you know that she didn't tell the clerks for months and then she then she really refused to really reveal what happened. And in the meantime, the Denver District Attorney and the Attorney General Colorado basically said, oh, there's nothing here they covered for and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, but because politically they just feel untouchable and right at every single level, which is a great transition into Hey, what's the state of the GOP the state of politics in Colorado right now? To GOP candidates have any chance in these big state wide races coming up. So let's talk about that after the break. I want to talk about the piece you published today on hey, do away with these campaign finance limits for political parties? And I think your position is altogether total and just have nothing anonymous. If you're going to give money, you know you can give as much as you want whoever you want. But you can't do it anonymous, right, Yeah, And I think the US Supreme Court is where you are and would love to hear from folks on that. And your nickname Lightning Rod is that hyphenata? Yeah, So if anybody wants to talk and have a conversation, we have reached some world record blood pressure levels on this show when you have been in here with me. So let's do it again. Let's break that record. You're on the Dan Capitalist.
Speaker 3: Show, you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 5: There's only maybe a half dozen seven eight categories that really matter most people, you know, they major in minor things. They focus on stuff that doesn't matter. They know more about this celebrity going in and out of rehab than they do about their own personal development. But I look at and say, if you look at your body without that, everything else is out the door. You don't want to be richest man in the graveyard. That's not going to do it. If there is energy, if there's metality of their strength, it's going to show up in your relationship. It's going to show up in your business, show up in your life. That's it here. You got a master. You can't dabble. It's too important are everything. I mean, you got a ton of money, you got everybody loves you, and your primary emotions are pissed off and frustrated. Then your life's pissed off and frustrated. Doesn't matter. I you've got a billion dollars or a million people loving you. Your life is not great relationships, intimate relationships especially, It's where the most juice in life comes from, is where the most pain comes from. Most people, it's worth mastering instead of dad.
Speaker 1: One can't argue with that. You know what I'm doing, Dick, is we've been studying failure right, because we're studying Polus's term, and you have partisanship and everything aside eight years and everything important is worse in Colorado. Right, legacy project is going to be this goofy bridge over Broadway, when if he just do his job, Broadway would look okay. But so I want to spend an equal time, equal amount of time on studying success and people who've been successful. Hey, do you ever listen to any Tony Robbins? Don't know, I know what you're talking about, But Ryan, Ryan, have you ever listened to any Tony Robbins?
Speaker 6: I love him, and he's actually a central figure in one of my favorite movies, Shallow Hell, Jack Black and Jason Alexander.
Speaker 1: You're in the four people who've seen Shallow.
Speaker 6: I'm going to bet you money out of my pocket that Amy has seen Shallow.
Speaker 1: I will ask her tonight. I will ask her tonight since our second date was dumb and dumber and we saw it twice.
Speaker 4: And we'll still marriage you, real, quich That.
Speaker 1: Is a question we get all the time, is why. Yeah, people don't even have to ask the rest of it. Everybody knows the rest of the question.
Speaker 6: Why real quick synopsis on Tony Robbins as the central character. He does like this kind of mind meld with Jack Black and hypnotizes him. And unless Jason Alexander says, says shallow Hall sees a gal or something like that, he can see the most you know, maybe physically outwardly unattractive woman, but he sees the beauty within and then I'm going to go rent wherever he perceives turns out to be Gwyneth Paltrow and it's a very interesting thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I can't wait, can't wait to watch that. Yeah, right, next life. But anyway, all I'm saying is is I think he has a lot of great stuff, a lot of great stuff, and just the nature of this job, you have to talk about failure so often because these failures are getting people killed. Want to focus on some of the positive.
Speaker 4: Well, if Ryan recommends the movie, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To go see that. But truly, I mean, just just go online YouTube op some Tony Robbins.
Speaker 4: I haven't never heard any of his stuff. I really haven't. No, Dan, I am so I just focus on the day to day political and I am immersed in that every day.
Speaker 3: That's what I do.
Speaker 1: He has some great stuff. I dragged Amy off to one of his deals, like one of his three day deals somewhere, and there was so much good stuff in it. But then it got to a point where I forget what it was tying into where everybody had to rub the back of the person. Oh my lord, that was my cue. I was. I was out of there. But there was so much good stuff in there. Wow, the videos that you don't have to rub anybody's back. Yeah, have some great stuff. Jennifer and Denver, you're on with Dan and Dick.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Oh, thank you very much. I can think of two highly successful people on that Stan.
Speaker 8: Caplis and Dick Watam.
Speaker 7: Especially every time I look at John soone, you know, standing up there and and running things, I think about Dick Watams.
Speaker 2: Wow successful, that was, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, Jennifer. That was the dash el racer. I was twenty years ago, Dan years and for those not familiar with the dash Will was he still Senate majority leader leader?
Speaker 4: He had Democrats, he had he had been the majority leader for about four years. Yeah, and then the Republicans won the Senate, but he was the minority leader and arguably the most powerful Democrat in America at that point.
Speaker 1: He was if I remember, I kind of the face, certainly the face he.
Speaker 4: Was the Democratic Party, he was yeah, yeah, yeah, and you had never been defeated. He had been in office for twenty six years. Nobody'd ever touched him, and it just finally caught up with him. And largely because John Thune was a spectacular candidate and he's a spectacular majority leader I think too right now. Yeah, he's doing a great job.
Speaker 1: So Jennifer, thanks for those good memories. Thank you well.
Speaker 8: And look at the impact from that campaign. You know, I get frustrated with the people that we continually see failing forward, and Jenna Griswold is certainly one of those people. I mean, I'm so glad Michael Doherty's running against her. But my question for Dick is, Michael made some comments, you know, when he was talking to you Dan about his bipartisanship and about not being the state candidate that you know is hyper political. I'm curious does that hurt Michael Doherty with the Democratic vote and is he simply trying to appeal to that you know, middle of the road, maybe that unaffiliated candidate that can't stand either party.
Speaker 4: I've got my thoughts, Dick, Well, I'm you you raise a good point. I wonder if there's a room in the Democratic Party for a strong prosecutor like Doherty.
Speaker 3: Is I worry?
Speaker 4: I worry about that the Democratic Party has swung so far left and she really does have kind of a hold on that left wing of the Democratic Party. Now, remember in primaries, unaffiliated voters can vote in primaries, and so if I were Doherty, I would I would whatever campaign money he has, I would run an affiliated campaign in the primary, trying to get an affiliates to vote for him. And so I don't know if that, if he's got enough money to really do that. But she is the front runner. I mean, she's a statewide elected official. She has raised a lot of money, and she has played this anti Trump card very effectively within the Democratic Party. But you cannot listen to him today, Dan and Jennifer and not. This guy's for real. I mean, listen, he's more liberal than me and a lot of things. But he would be a good attorney general. And I hope I didn't just condemn his stampaigne nowhere.
Speaker 1: Griswold's spending her next million, right, yeah with that sound But no, this, I think if everybody, say, all those voters are going to vote in that primary, if they could find out how good Doherty is, he might have a real chance. The problem is raising the money so people can find out how good you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he gets saw a lot of press Cottridge because Boulders had these huge cases up there. I mean, and and he's and he does such a good job like on the Boulder Mall, the Pearl Street Mall thing, which was horrible, and I think he's doing a really good job on that. But but she's got millions in the bank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I come back to New Coke and and and to Jeff Bush right, who was the political equipment of New Coke. But here's why I think he would actually have a chance is a obviously the merit, But I I do think when it comes to public safety, I do think that part of the way we're all created is to have this overwhelming desire to protect our loved ones and ourselves as part of that right. And when you're electing an attorney general, you're talking about a law enforcement position.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Now with a guy like Wiser, you know, at least he had been active in the legal world, been a US Supreme Court clerk and stuff like that. Doherty, he's a real lawman. And I've got to believe people in Colorado that people are going to be voting. Know the deal with Jenna Griswold, right, she's kind of a career politician who, as Jennifer says, is failing forward. And there's identity politics and this and that, But when it comes to your own safety and that of your family, I think you want a real law enforcement person in that position.
Speaker 4: And Dan, I think we are reaching a tipping point within Colorado about this whole crime and punishment issue. I really I think I think we are starting. Whether it will mature enough before the twenty twenty such selection, I don't know, but we're I think we're headed that way, and that's the good news for a guy like Doherty. It would be a good news for a Republican candidate for Attorney General as well. I don't know if we're if we're going to have a good candidate. There's nobody running right now that I know of, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: Well, I know some good guys and gals have been thinking about it, as you're saying, not in the race yet, but Jennifer.
Speaker 7: Other thoughts, Well, you know, as far as the Republican candidate running, you.
Speaker 8: Know, the twenty twenty two election was so devastating and we haven't done anything as a Republican party to recover from that. It almost seems wise.
Speaker 7: God forgive me for saying this, but supporting a.
Speaker 8: Moderate Democrat or somebody who is a law and you know, law and ordered.
Speaker 7: Democrat in that office rather than a Jenna Griswold. I mean, I don't know that.
Speaker 8: After Phil Wiser and you know him saying what you somebody has to get a fourth DUI before he actually sees jail time.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anything that's.
Speaker 7: Worse, Jenna Griswold definitely would be worse. How do you get that out to the unaffiliated?
Speaker 1: Well, and don't you think enough of them are going to see it for themselves? I mean, what is her reputation right now?
Speaker 5: Right? What is?
Speaker 1: And I understand there was probably some deal to get her out of the governor's race, you know, where she was going to get a lot of money in this, in that, But well, what do you think her true reputation is? Chief Trump?
Speaker 4: Paiter, Chief Trump Peter. You're right, Dan, But I mean I always use the terms incompetent and blindly partisan to describe her. I mean, she just is. She has not run an effective office. The county clerks bail her out constantly. Yeah, and it's not and she runs and I remember she's had a revolving door in her office. She's run off staff, she's abusive to staff, and that's why they leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jennifer, in our last twenty seconds, are you saying that if there's no good Republican candidate for AG, that Republicans should swamp the Democrat primary and help Doherty get elected in the trust to public Safety.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know that they can because they have to.
Speaker 1: Be forgiven exactly right, let's say conservative unaffiliated.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, I think so. I absolutely think so.
Speaker 8: And it's difficult to say.
Speaker 7: That because you know John Kellner when he ran for Attorney General, I thought he would have been fantastic, Yes, and he did better than any Republican that year, but you couldn't. He couldn't come close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, short of the Good Lord getting on the ballot, there are no Republican was going to win a year there. But Jennifer appreciate the court. Yeah, I would too. Hopefully I'll vote for me, But ye have stupid comment by me when I talked about Republicans swamping that primary. Obviously they can't, but conservative leaning unaffiliateds could.
Speaker 4: Well, And Daniel, you and I both know a lot of Republican former Republicans who have switched their affiliation to unaffiliated, so they can't have that option to vote in the Democratic primary. And I haven't done that and won't do it. I'm a republic Ken then I always will be. But I know I have a lot of friends who have done that. Yeah, So what do you think three or three seOne three eight, two five five.
Speaker 1: You're on the Dan Capler shop.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Committee hearing that would be most likely the committee where a Julian Maxwell would testify.
Speaker 9: Would you be in favor of that? Absolutely? Yes, yes, of course we want answers. And no one is satisfied with what has been received.
Speaker 1: Or lack thereof.
Speaker 9: No one is satisfied with the rollout of this.
Speaker 1: Of course we've heard that.
Speaker 9: Dan Bongino is not satisfied with the rollout of this either. And you know, I mean, I think you hear time and time again what an honorable stand up man Dan Bongino is President Trump. He obviously thinks highly of Attorney General Pam BONDI. I don't know her personally, but I know Dan and he's a wonderful man and I have no reason to doubt.
Speaker 1: What do you think about this Epstein stuff? Is it going to do lasting harm to the President, to the GOP coalition, any of that.
Speaker 4: Well, clearly there's a split now with it in Megoland. I mean, the president wants his people like Bobert to back down and just walk away from this stuff. And listening to Congresswoman Bobert, she's not going to do that.
Speaker 1: She's going to continue well, and I don't think people should back down. No, no, And I get the President's point. You know that that Hey, wait a second, it's Democrats who put all of this together, right, and so it's probably put together in such a way to make Republicans look bad. And you've got innocent people who weren't anywhere near any of the horrific child rape stuff. Yeah, and so, but but I don't think I think it's acceptable to just kind of walk away from it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Why not have two or three highly respected former law enforcement types. President says, your job is to go through all this and decide what can be public and what can't under the law, in fairness to the innocent, you can't just let it die here.
Speaker 4: I bet you that were he where he he ends up doing that, Dan, and he is not going to go away. When you've got people like Bobert who are pushing this hard, it ain't going to go away.
Speaker 1: And I think it goes back to this whole two tiered Banana republic justice system that nobody wants right now. It was part of him winning because he was the victim of that. But right now, does anybody really believe that that Epstein didn't have a lot of prominent, rich, politically connected people who are raping young girls.
Speaker 4: And it defies logic that there was not a quote list. I mean you know that, you just know some kind of record was kept of all that behavior.
Speaker 1: But there's going to be a record of who's on the plane. And that doesn't mean all of them were part of the race, but who's on the plane? But were they supporting him in other ways? And then yeah, there's got to be more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think the president has got to deal with this, and because it's not going to go away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's on a role in so many of the different ways that you just can't let this thing. No.
Speaker 4: He christ and he's he's had a very successful presidency and he's done so much in a short period of time. And I'm sure he thinks, why are they driving this when I'm doing so much over here? Why do they care about this?
Speaker 2: But he's going to have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going to have no and he will and I mean that's been his mo, right, he gets it, he steps up, he does something, and I think you're right, I think it'll end up with something like that. Just have to be really trusted people. So in our last minute insights predictions, well, Dan, I still have some.
Speaker 4: I have optimism about twenty twenty six because I do think we're reaching a tipping point with the Democrats, the Democratic Socialists. We're running that party, and I think it's on crime, it's on spending, it's just the gamut and the economy. And I just hope strong candidates emerged for the state offices and the legislature and we can make some progress.
Speaker 1: And I think we can because Bennett on his own Marriag Likeck thereof has to be vulnerable, right, if there is a chance, he's got to be about as vulnerable as an a dem would be. And Hick and Looper's just so old and old acting and irrelevant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's more sentiment in the Democratic Party for him not to run than what he realizes.
Speaker 1: No great point. Hey, thanks for being here, man, I appreciate that. Ryan. Great job is always Kelly. The human sunshine just warms every day. Please do join us tomorrow on The Dan Kapla Show.