Speaker 1: All right. Yeah, I find some stuff like this sometimes and sometimes it's not good, but sometimes it is. Because I was reading to this and I was triggered by a few of these things. Top ten things that stress people out the most, hold on everybody.
Speaker 2: Think what your number one thing is, because these are common things, right, because it's get your heart racing a little bit. Yeah, write down what you think, just for you, what is the most common thing that happens that stresses you out, and we'll see if it's on the list. Maybe we have the same thing, right, that's part of the fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks for narrating all that. Okay, good, it's a good drop filling the silence.
Speaker 1: Number part of the complete number ten when they see someone that they don't want to talk to.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, sorry, hurts kicked in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know that that stresses me out, but maybe it is stress. It certainly can cause anxiety, right, and that's all part of that emotion.
Speaker 5: It is more anxiety. I just don't like going out.
Speaker 3: I don't like talking to people in general, you know, And so when I go out and I see people, I'm like, I don't really want to I want to have a conversation.
Speaker 2: My wife is screwed because my wife is so introverted. Now Ben knows this, like and y'all know this. Y'all know my wife. If she knows you, she enjoys hanging out, but like she does not want to be anywhere. And I'm I have no inhibitions on that sort of thing at all. I'll go talk to just about anybody. It's fine, we'll figure it out. And she is stuck with me, and and it's just such it's so bad for her. It's so bad for her because she she has to interact with people all the time just because she's with me.
Speaker 3: It's like draining, Like people drain your energy and your emotions and everything.
Speaker 5: So I totally understand her.
Speaker 2: So good. I feel like I got lucky and that being a part of my personality that I don't have to deal with that because I know so many people.
Speaker 1: That do Number nine, A knock on the front door when you're not prepared for guests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so good. Excuse me. Yeah, I'm the same way.
Speaker 4: And I immediately think of the Wolf of Wall Street, where you know, his dad is mad that someone's calling, And it's the same principle Yeah, my dad used to be the same way. Someone knocks the door and my wife, my mom's name was Anne, and my dad go and are.
Speaker 2: You expecting somebody? Is somebody expecting somebody? Who is this knocking on the door?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 2: And by the time he gets the door, he's like, hello, how are you?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: You know? It acts so nice, it's it's amazing. I thought about this the other day. My dad was telling me a story of a guy that he knew, Buddy has that made a ton of money, like a ton of money selling cancer insurance policies door to door. That's a different era. There used to be a whole industry of people that would go door to door and sell things and it worked Encyclopedia's vacuum cleaners, insurer, tupperware.
Speaker 4: Yes, people would just answer the door and let a stranger come in their house and give a sales pitch.
Speaker 2: I mean that still happens to me. I feel like once a week.
Speaker 5: People knock on your door. Once a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, roof roofers do that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I've gotten to where if so, if I'm already outside, I will just kind of handle it like I'll see it and I'll just give them the thing, you know, get out of here.
Speaker 2: Usually.
Speaker 1: You know what really works is now I'm already partnered with a great roofing company like Pier like that. You know, it's that's been to go too lately. But man, that this does stress me out. And I'm like, Okay, I'm not getting that. I'm not answering the door. Okay, they don't get them looking so my house. Also, what I'll do is then I'll be up by the window looking out at them because they well she's got the ring camera thing on her phone, but I'm watching them just to see have they gone away yet?
Speaker 6: You mute the TV and you pretend no one's home acting that's terrible way to out. I like to be terrible too, But uh, I do want to say. I don't want to just not get the door, because I think a lot of people before they rob a house will sending someone to the door to knock to see if someone's home.
Speaker 4: So I do want to let them know someone's home. But I'll just from you know, yelling distance, you know, near the door. Sorry, don't open the door for strangers.
Speaker 2: Have a great day. That's me. You know what you can do too, just to make it weird, answered the door with a gun, not pointed at them. Just hold the gun. Hey, what's going on with the rat it?
Speaker 1: I'm right, people talking to them when they want silence. Uber's done a good job recently. A ride sharing companies have done a good job giving you that option now where you can just click, oh yeah, I want it quiet here. I don't want I don't want to talk now. Usually I don't mind whatever. But if you are in that, like, hey, I kind of just want to, like lay my head back for a second. You don't want to talk to them, you can like hit that option.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: It's an option if people are talking and you just don't want people.
Speaker 2: Talking to you. It's annoying.
Speaker 1: Number seven, when your old WiFi cuts out, we can't handle it.
Speaker 2: By we can't handle it. I can't even handle a thing downloading anymore.
Speaker 1: Number One thing I think that'll make me lose my craft that I didn't write it down.
Speaker 2: It is that if we.
Speaker 1: Don't have fast internet going, what what are we even doing on this planet anymore?
Speaker 2: Agreed? Why isn't everything instant?
Speaker 1: Gosh, we're such jerks, Yeah, spoiled a holes man, all of us. But if it's like, uh, the circle spinning? What I gotta do an update on my TV?
Speaker 2: Could you just change the channel? Every time I have thirty seconds before I join a zoom, a Google meet or a Microsoft meeting, I have to update the app. And I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 5: God, what's really bad?
Speaker 3: My Hulu and Netflix have done this within the past month at least twice. Or it signs you out and you have to sign back in and type in your password and everything beating.
Speaker 2: I hate that so.
Speaker 5: Much, almost want to watch TV.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be around I know. Number six listening to someone cho loudly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a fan of that, but yet you like that? Was it called ms R? I don't really like that. What is that thing called? That's where they get the sound of everything? Amr? Yeah, sound of someone salivating? Yeah, star, gotta turn me on. Phone calls when you're not expecting one earlier?
Speaker 5: The door, Yeah, never answered.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit of a cold caller. I'll cold call people. I will only answer it if it says spam risk uh someone near them heavy breathing. Number four. I just I don't know that it stresses me out, but it maybe I guess, so I don't know that I've been around it in a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would talk about riding the train to work, you know, or something you might have to deal with that you're.
Speaker 2: Kind of leaking over going. Hey man, there's everything okay there, And then he says, hey man, I get stressed out when people talk to me, and I don't want it. That's why I'm breathing heavy.
Speaker 5: Gotcha?
Speaker 2: Number three year alarm clock? Does that stress you out?
Speaker 1: I think the idea of waking up early and being late for something, Yeah, making.
Speaker 5: Sure it's actually on and your phone doesn't die.
Speaker 2: It's a little stressful.
Speaker 4: But if you just hear the sound of the alarm, like right now, if you're just play your alarm, yeah, it's stressful.
Speaker 2: Oh let's see.
Speaker 3: You had someone's phone go off and it's your alarm like ring tone, because it is it's weird. I've been in the store and I've heard it, and it's like your body just free acts so bad to it.
Speaker 5: What is it like?
Speaker 3: So everyone's alarm has this different tone, right, but some people have that as their ring tone, like their normal ring tone. And I've heard it go off before and my body spazzes out.
Speaker 2: You're not. I don't think you're legally allowed to have it be the emergency alarm system, right, don't let it be that the yeas signal that.
Speaker 1: One does get you, that does stress you out there, that will stress you out, which I guess is it's purpose.
Speaker 2: I can't even you just said what my number one stress thing is?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Being late?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nothing will will set me on edge. Then being late, I can't stand it. It drives me effing nuts.
Speaker 3: And that's when you hit all the red lights and all the traffic. You actually need to be somewhere, Yes.
Speaker 1: Especially if you get in some sort of routine. You know how far it is from certain places home to work, home to wherever you gotta go. You kind of know how it's supposed to be. And then oh, okay, we're shut the street down today. It's amazing plan for that. Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: When I was, why would you do that?
Speaker 2: I'm so stressed out now? Man. Then it just the coldness of it. It's just like, oh man, this sucks. Work calls, work calls. It is amazing that I was once a twenty two year old stoner that cared about nothing and now I can't be late for anything without it driving me crazy. That's good. That's growth. Is it revolving? I'll stretch you out to get a growth.
Speaker 1: Number two text message alerts, number one, phone going off during a meeting, stuff like that. All right, what are we all write down in the back of our paper? Here?
Speaker 2: I wrote being late, being late, and it wasn't on the list.
Speaker 5: I wrote forgetting to lock the door when I leave the house.
Speaker 6: Oh that's more anxiety, though, I wrote down danger, just danger, I voltage driving, driving and thinking about the future.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, like you just spend a few minutes thinking about what your kid's lives are going to be like in twenty years and you're like, I don't. I'm not having fun anymore. We're not going to see twenty years. Bro to escalate this.
Speaker 1: War, my little like seven year old niece of the day, it just said, when are you going to be a dad? And I was like, well, it's irresponsible to bring kids into the earth things if you look at the future. Uh mine, is anything wrong with the house? Oh God, I gotta fix something.
Speaker 2: Dude. I don't even I mean, I know this just sounds like dumb bitch. Bougie problem. But I just go out and I look at my pool and how much money I have to drop on it, and I just immediately want to die. I Mean, it's just like, so, I'm like, why did we do this? Why did we put this thing, this money pit in our backyard? Idiots like I can't wait to downsize, right live in a house without a pool, live in a house without any room for my kids. Okay, but then you think about the future and realize your kids will never be able to buy a house. So how you get a down So that was good, Kevin.
Speaker 4: All right, good stuff, Kevin. Ten little things that stress people out the most. Coming up next in the weekly Weekday Update, a deep dive in the quest to legalize gambling right here in Texas.
Speaker 2: Next