Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Lines Podcast, recover everything and everything to do to the Marvel Universe or the comics, TV and movies. We'll go from US six one six of the Moja Verse of the TVA in order to bring to Marvel unis right too. I'm the Man without Fear, Chris, I'm the Nerve with mouth David Alliance a Semple Volume two hundred and ninety eight, and by this time next week, you know, we we will have uh, you know, we're one episode away, you know, from episode three hundred and Man, it's it's it's like we keep saying, it's been a right, it's kind of surreal getting in like the single digits now just imminent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were marching on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but uh it's you know, we we took off last week because no news, which we we kind of called that the week before. So, but we're back with our first half of our breakdown of Spiderman Noir because we're forty minute episode plus for each episode. Yeah, I'm I'm good, but I'm not that good to break all those down at that point, especially with you know, dropping the way it did. But we're gonna do half of it this week half of it next week, and I think that's a kind of a good digestible thing. So h but it's we got some definitely thoughts. But how has been your last two weeks?
Speaker 2: My last two weeks, I have been pretty good, just you know, working and doing the life things, spend a ton of kids. I was in Chicago for a concert and then I, yeah, I had fund spent way too much money at the Harry Potter store there, and then but that that was fun. So we took the train down there, which was an experience, and then I got some other stuff lined up. So I'm just full gear into summer, between working an augmented time frame and then going on. And I will say that tomorrow I will get to see our friend Brent in person again, so I'm kind of excited about that. Ah a bit, you got lunch plans, I'll look at that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you had a good trip. Yet, we have officially wrapped up the twenty five twenty six school year, where I'm at great, awesome results for my school, very proud of all the work it was. We've come a long way in a year to date, you know, huge, huge, like at least ten percent plus results and growth for our kids and proficiency. So it can't be any more proud of what they've been able to do. So it's summer's coming and opening a new building this summer, so people say, oh break mode, No, no, no, I just have a different, quieter building at that pointoint. But it's it's a lot of work ahead, but it's gonna be it's gonna be nice. Next week we start our four day weeks, so we'll have three day weekends, uh, for for through through July. So I'm gonna soak those up as well.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to this. But yeah, we've got a lot to talk about. And you know, we've talked to some Spider Man Noir. You know, we we have the first X Men ninety seven season two trailer. Now we're not even call it teaser. It's a trailer.
Speaker 2: It's a full trailer.
Speaker 1: It's a full on trailer. We're not gonna play that a teaser. A teaser is a minute or less in my opinion, and this was anything, but one could say it teased a lot of things. But yeah, we it's very exciting. So it's gonna be a chonky as my best friend Chuck would say, we have a lot of crunchiness to go over this point, a lot of different things to go over, a lot of a lot of facts, a lot of crunchy facts for you chuck this week.
Speaker 2: So I hope you enjoy it.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, before we get into that, let's break down the network plugs. So we we are. We are the Geek Ultimate Alliance Network with thick shows coming to wide range of geek indom. To see the full schedule, checkout the show that It's blow and subscribe to the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at g waypod network siting when all the shows drop.
Speaker 2: We also have a Patreon soa if we're going.
Speaker 1: To throw a couple of shekels our way, we've got two tiers, our dollar tiers, our tip jar to say hey, we think we're doing a good job.
Speaker 2: And then we've got our five.
Speaker 1: Dollars year with ad free episodes, early access episodes, and Patreon exclusive shows. We've got a couple of shows out there from the Marvel Liones back catalog. We've got we can watch this all day, the Marble Lines in Finnis Saga rewatch. We've got the Tales from the House of x where we broke down our favorite episode, our favorite movies from the Fox air of X Men, and then our last year we did our Baxter Broadcast the Fantastic Four retro film reviews. And we can officially announce tonight, this morning, this afternoon, whenever you listen to this, it's whenever watching this, we can officially announce our new Patreon show. It will not just be for the summer because of what we're doing, It's gonna take us through a little bit a couple of months. But I proposed to David, with David probably only read about in the notes. I didn't have a chance to talk about this because technical issues. While we're starting later at this point, headphone issues. What have you coming in June? Our newest show for patrons Cape Expectations, The Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Rewatch Slash first watch. Why we call it a first watch? This will be my first time watching it through and through. I've only seen a couple of episodes, not because I disliked it life. I will always blame it on that. Now I get things, things capp and other things came up. It'll be David's Rewatch at this point, so it's gonna I'm excited because it's gonna give us a lot of perspective on this. So yeah, we are calling the show cape Expectations, like a little play on words there. So every month we will give our thoughts on the on five episodes of Earth Mighty series. We're gonna go in order. It is two seasons, twenty six episodes each, so yes, it will get a little funny if episodes are like in the middle of like arcs, we'll alter how many we're going through at that point, but the goal is five episodes. We're not gonna do like kind of full beat by beat stuff, but give our thoughts on each episode at that point kind of you know what we've done in the past, but.
Speaker 2: This will be this will be a new one.
Speaker 1: I don't think we've done Yeah, we haven't done TV shows for Patreon in this sense, so I figure, yeah, we could do a summer thing, but I think we you know, you and I talk, we could do a once a month kind of visit at this point and kind of keep to the idea of you know, dropping it at the end of the month for our patrons. So patrons, you've been patient for Marvel Line stuff. Here we go. We've got to coming at you. So Cape Expectations, The Avengers, Earth Mighty Heroes, rewatch last first watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's gonna it's gonna be fun. It's been a while since I've really sat down to watch the show. I've watched a lot of clips lately and you know, different things on it, and for some reason, it's been showing up on my TikTok lately with a lot of edits. So I'm I'm kind of excited about this.
Speaker 1: And I might actually, this is definitely something that my son may I think he'd be into at this point. So maybe kind of a first watch for me, my son and I a little bonding moment. I'll see if I can rope him into watching this with dad. But and not excluding my daughter. She may be interested, she may not be interested. I'm not going to exclude her. But I know my son's definitely been into the Superheroes a lot lately, so again starting in June. So I'm very happy to announce that. So if you're not a member of our Patreon, now's the time go to www dot patreon dot com back last Gway Network so you can join the Patreon for your patrons. Hope you're getting excited about this announcement. We look forward to hearing your thoughts about it. If you're not a member and you can't join us, soly understand if you can take thirty ninety seconds to rate and review us on Upple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon, Meies, wherever you get your podcast, we greatly appreciate it. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, Panelboundcomics dot com for Omnibus hardcover collect edition needs JP and the crew at PBC have got it going on with excellent customer service and maculate package ships around the world, earn points to get discounts on books. And we've got some new pre orders that are live effective last week. A lot of new epics from X MENX Caliber, Venom, Blade, Spider, Gwen. We've got some new Omnies, Wolverine, Old Man Logan, Omnibus Volume one of that series, New Mutants Volume four, the changeover of that team. We've got ghost writer Danny Ketch volume three of that. And here's a biggie. This is a big one. Indiana Jones. The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones the Marvel series books one and two coming in September. In this lovely if you're watching live, this lovely kind of faux leather like thing straight out of Indiana Jones. At this point, this is a big deal. We've been waiting for this. This has been one of the most requested things since Marvel got joined up with Lucas. When is this coming at? It is not oversized formatt boo hiss, but it is in hardcover format. I still have the dark Horse kind of like Tanca bond sized editions of these, so this will be This was an easy upgrade for me. So I'm very excited about this, David, would you be excited about this?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, and that that binding of that just looks absolutely amazing with the leather style, reminiscent of the jacket and everything. Just yeah, I like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this will be both volumes coming out in September, collecting the further Adventures, including all three film adaptations of it.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 1: So if you'd like to order these and are interested in it any further, you know you can go you can use that code go to Panel bon Thomas dot com. Use that code Marvel Gay at checkout to get two dollars off every single order, or use the code mgua sit for when you order four or more books together. It lets them know you're listen. We want to thank them for being our official sponsor.
Speaker 2: Let me get rid of this. Don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: There we go, I got perfect.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We got to pull that down because we will review the trailer in a little bit. Take that down, all right, last bit of notes. So next week we will record at our normal time live for breaking out the next episodes of Spider Man Noir. But next Wednesday, not live. We are going to record early our three hundredth episode. This is scheduling with our guests that are coming on. Mister Snell will be returning. We may be having one or two other guests joining us. We don't want to say we leave it us surprised at this point, but mister Snell is confirmed, my original co host for this show. Very excited to have him join us. And if you want to send in questions, sky's the limits. Send in any questions you have, whether it be Marvel related, asking questions about necessarily our lives with the show. How the show got started, whatever, please send them the David me the show a count if you know me much more personally send them over text. You know, David personally send over text. We're gonna we're gonna have a lot of fun on this one. Yes, it's not gonna recorded live, so we're trying to figure out some ideas for topics. Mister Snell, I know Travis has always got some good fun ideas to go on. Because it won't be you know, we're gonna drop it the following week when it is technically episode three hundred, so we'll play that by ear how that all works out. But we are excited for this three hundred episodes a show that started in June of twenty twenty pandemic everything shut down and we've got to three hundred shows and and uh gone and gone through now three co hosts. So you know, I'm not gonna say it's me.
Speaker 2: But I'm excited for this. I have been, you know, a listener since April of twenty one when Brent first introduced to me. So you know, I've gone the pass the path of listener Patreon supporter, you know, sometime fill in to temporary co host to now sitting in this share every week and joy this time with you guys. I will I will be out of town next week, so I won't be on the live show, but I'm also taking my setup with me because there is no way that I am missing three hundreds. So I want to be there. I will be there. I'm so excited for some of the things that I know that we've got lined up. Yep.
Speaker 1: So again, so normal, we will be recording normally next week at our same time, nine and ten Eastern spend of time. Mister Hines will be taking over the co hosting slot for that, but David will be on for three hundred. That'll drop the following week, not live, so we'll see exactly hopefully big drops. We'll have to kind of play that one by year, but plan on that being the next couple of weeks for us. So all right, Yeah, it's been you know, taking a bit to get to that, but we had a lot of kind of network stuff to go over. We wanted to make sure, so again, send in those questions. We're gonna have a lot of fun with it, so we look forward to it. So Spider Man Noir Episodes one through four a lot to break down a lot to talk about. I have only I stopped at episode four. I have not gone any further. So I wanted to do that so I could remain kind of pure and doing that. Also wanted to say hello to bears Layer in the chat. He just watched the trailer for X Men ninety seven. He's gained for the rewatch, so he's liking that Earth Mightiest Heroes. He's wondering if we're gonna do some Earth Mighties heroes for Coppl Club could be you know, I'm good for Joan Pere, George Perez and Kirk Busi X when I try to consider the pivotal Avengers run and looks like we have at Star Kate in the so appreciate it. I think I'm saying that right, my apologies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it looks nice to me, so.
Speaker 1: Hello there, hello, But all right, So yeah, so I have not seen the last four episodes, have you, David? Have you seen it since time?
Speaker 2: I stopped after four because I wanted to give my honest opinion on just one through four. I don't know how the second half of this is going to go, and I did not want to be tainted by a high or a low that impacted that, So I want to wanted to just zone in on this is how episodes one through four made me feel good, good good.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're not gonna go you know, we'll just say a couple like one or two sentences. How are you feeling about the show so far?
Speaker 2: Non spoilers, non spoilers. I feel like I've got a couple of nitpicks that I will get into, but overall, it seems like it's it's been a fun show. I mean it's it's Nicholas Cage being Nicholas Cage with a Spider Man backdrop. So you know what you're getting going into this. And there were times when I just I laughed, and there were times where I was like, oh, I am shocked that they're doing this in a quote unquote Marvel show, even though it is on Amazon. So yeah, it's it's it's got some some beats to it, but it's it also you know, it's got it nitpicky stuff. It is nowhere near perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I enjoyed it. Like I said, it was, you know, him doing the voice in and Spider Verse animated movies is great. I love the casting and especially if he heard an interview with him this weekend for The New York Times and talking about how you know this is He has not done significant TV like this, and so he wanted to give it a shot, and they came doing with a good proposal. He's got a very interesting kind of take with kind of the style of his voice and he's leaning into the character. And me being a huge fan of chuime noir film noir, it is very tongue in cheek at points. I like the callouts that they do to the genre itself. It is. It is fun. I've enjoyed it so far. Yeah, I don't take it so seriously because I know what this is and it's and it's hitting those beats so and for over forty minute episode episodes for each one is also impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely agree with that. Like it does have his tongue in cheek moments. There are times where it is shot and it reminds you of just the old school noir film. I'm like, Okay, you could tell this was soundstage, you can tell this was fancy shooting here and there. Like that, they lean into the fact that they are going for the old school nostalgia film feel. I watched episodes one through four in black and white. I did go back and watch the first half of the episode one in colored Chess, so I could see some of the differences. But yeah, that black and white New R film, well, some of this is just it can't be beaten. They definitely lean into that. I do like it.
Speaker 1: How you know, within the phone app and even on the TV, you can quickly switch back and forth to to the different versions. I did dabble a little bit in the color version. I did not like it. I did not it totally kind of took me out of the experience and and it was just much better. I love the character in black white, like the comic character in black and white, and it is good. So oh, there we go until we got the proper things. So Star Katia, Oh okay, that works. I think the four was with throwing me off. Okay, thank you, thank you for taking that time. So yes, the black and white, I think it's a pure way to watch if you love the color version. Not being a hater on you, it's just this, it just feels a lot better and it gets the era right there.
Speaker 2: So all right, so.
Speaker 1: Let's start breaking these down. We're going to do our best, and this is four episodes. We've got to break down. I know we kind of go in depth a lot of times with single episodes. We're probably not going to do that tonight, just to kind of keep time rolling. And again we want you to enjoy the show, but full spoilers jumping of a spoiler wall. So we opened this first episode is called Step into My Office. I like how the intro goes, where we're getting an idea of who Ben Riley is. This is not the Ben Riley we know in love from the comics. This is not Peter Parker. This is a different version of the Spider Man, which, again, going through these four episodes that we've seen, I'm okay with that. I've gotten over that. I'll my my gate my my gatekeeping of who Ben Riley is my personal preference. I'm not going to gate keep. I'm just joking. It's just I have my preference. But it is what it is. But I like the very quick intro. Who he is, what he's been through. He was the Spider, his wife has died under very shady circumstances. He's down on his luck. Private detective sets it up, well, what did you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, A great opening, got a lot of the backstory and exposition out the way, like, hey, he was the spider girl died, it was under bad circumstances. He then gave up being the spiders, started drinking and became a private eye. Boom, there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we you know, Ruby says once told him that with great power comes great responsibility, and she was the greatest responsibility had and he failed her.
Speaker 2: So that is his.
Speaker 1: May his uncle Ben, you know, that's that's who has done this. But instead of going to that, instead of taking that responsibility, he kind of gave it up and lost lost it all.
Speaker 2: So yep, became with no power, becomes no responsibility.
Speaker 1: So where do you want to go to? In this first episode, I.
Speaker 2: Like how this this opened up and again really gave us that that old school It dove into the vibe of the world building, like it really had the cars and everything else. And you know, we we see Ben Riley in his just his full detective mode and the way that he's talking and he's asking these questions about this guy Addison and going through there just you know, it's it's given the old school feel. Plus also in this opening, we get our first sense of his version of the Spider Sense, which is a little bit of a headache slash tingling on the back of his neck type deal. I will get nitpicky. And there's a scene in a later episode where the Spider Sense helps him break into a safe and I'm like, that's not how that works. But other than that, in all the other moments where it was just kind of like a quick migrain, a chill on the back of the neck, I was like, Okay, that that that's a cool way of doing this version of the spartisans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like I think where the spider bite happened or whatever, because we haven't even gotten to that point where it it's kind of gone into how this happened to him. We've seen late later in episodes, like how the other quote unquote antagonists quote unquote super villains want to have this happen to them. But you know, he twit, tugs on his neck, feels like something's happening. It's interesting.
Speaker 2: And so we get.
Speaker 1: Addison being this human torch like figure bursting into flames I don't know, version of molten Man, but more human torch like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it and he gets he gets taken out, uh pretty quickly and so and and that's another thing that like I liked about, Like, yeah, he turned the flames, but the flames didn't stop him from taking three slugs to the chess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the I think there was another guy after him, like another private detective searching for him. So you know, he got he gets also gets knocked unconscious. It goes through his Wali finds three dollars to his name and says like someone's hired him both to take him and then he ended up taking him out. You know, It's it's interesting because they're following all these like little cliches because the next day, he goes back to his office. He hasn't paid his secretary in a while. You know, he tells her Addison's dead by name name mister Cannedy is dead. As you know, it's just everything's not going right. And this other like other mister Cannedy comes in and trying to get him to spy on his wife because she's meeting up with someone. And it's just like it's all these very much interesting film noir tropes. You know, the guy trying to spot and his wife because he thinks he's cheating on him, but it leads down to other different paths for the Pride Detective like this is this is not to call it paint by numbers, it's just very appropriate apropos for the film noir genre very much so.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of something that you would see on a TV in the background of like a nowadays movie, like them watching something film noir and it having the very paint by numbers thing on that, like they went through those those various beats and so you know it, you get this explosion, you get this molten man, and and Ben get it. And then we also start learning, you know, early on about the you know, the big presence of Silvermain and hear the king their version of a kingpin within this city who has taken over. And you know, ever since the Spider has quote unquote retired or gone away, then he's he's rose to power unchecked.
Speaker 1: And Robbie, uh, Robbie roberts, uh, you know he's me. Robbie has called out, you know, his friend. He's he's a reporter, and he very clearly knows who Ben.
Speaker 2: Is, yeah, or at least who he used to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. And Robbie points out that he like you said, he calls him out, saying, you know, since you have not been the Spider, Silvermain's been left. He's been left to rise to power. And he says, ever since you know his his wife passed away or has fiance passed away, it's been there. And obviously this is Robbie Roberts in a version of the character from the comics that is tied to the Daily Bugle Peter Parker things like that he's a reporter, but he's also been We find out there that he has lost his job at the Bugle, so he's kind of a freelance trying to find his way back in with these stories, and the Spider was his kind of claim to fame. And you know, I think Robbie is a genuinely want to do the right thing, but he also can use if Ben returns the Spidery, he can use that to come back into the limelight himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's wanting him to return. He was not only his friend, but he was also his moneymaker. And you could tell he's like, you know, you have the ability to come back. You know that there's so much going on in this city. I'm still working as a reporter. But if the Spider was back, not only, you know, could we do some good, but also I could get back on my feet.
Speaker 1: And after leaving his meet up as Robbie, Ben bumps into a boy named Frankie who has been practicing pickpocketing and he becomes will be seeing more of him later. At that point and through Robbie's story, we learned that Silvermain has a big like like you said, he is the kingpin of the city. Without doing it again, Silvermain is a character from the comics. He is a gang person in the comics as well. But you know, at this time, we're also in the Great Depression Prohibition. Like everyone's down on their luck. No one's making a ton of money. Everyone's trying to struggle to make ends meet. And it works. And as Ben reads the paper waiting outside the hotel where a woman that he's trying to case the joint for he's looking into is supposed to be meet a suitor he sees he gets to drop drops her off, follows her inside, watching as she takes the elevator up to the penthouse. And what we see is like Ben trying to do a really bad job of like trying to get into places or doing different personalities, like he's not good at this, but he's also playing it up to the point where he's charming at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is one of the parts where again this leans into the non seriousness of this show, where there was a bunch of moments where you thought you were gonna see Bin go into his old spider persona or use some of his powers. And you know, he sees her go up to the pittinghouse and he goes back outside and he's staring up and you're thinking, Okay, he's gonna scale the walls you use his web Nope, next thing you know, he's running up the scalfolding, up the side steps, floor by floor by floor, and just little things like that, Like you keep expecting him to get into this mode and he's showing you like, no, he definitely gave up that spider life. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But as the woman meets up, the guys she's meeting up with kind of roughs her up, gets ready to rougher up, and then Ben shoots webbing as he's hiding in there from to stop him. At that point, so I think we can gather that he's an organic web shooter yes, so, yeah, I was trying to watch that exactly. Okay, we're organic web shooting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the the first time it was questionable. As we get along with this series, it becomes more like, yeah, this is definitely organic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're also when I'll go in the first episode.
Speaker 2: You know, he has the moment with the lady. You know, he takes the pictures of her and things like that. Then he goes back to the He goes back and says, you know, what he found out about the woman, but he's being kind of cautious again, you could you're getting more of a sense. A lot of this first episode is getting a sense of of who Been is and things like that. And you also then go from here to more of Silvermain and his control over what's going on, and like Silvermain is not one to be messed with at all. He he he takes one of the pi's and just you know, and this is the first moment that shocked me. And we've been talked about it in our chat with somebody else who was like, hey, can I watch this with my daughter in the room. It's like, yeah, he just full on slits of guy's throat right then and there, and Uh.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh yeah, this was that private eye that they had overheard that like Silverman wanted to get information about Adison's whereabouts and then they figured out it's like oh my god, they don't know that he's dead. And and so he's like, oh, we can kind of play this dar advantage and and Ben is like, no, that don't do that, Like I'm out, I'm not I'm not dealing with any of this at this point, and so he warned him saying, don't do this. It was interesting though that they when they went to go find Adison's body in the morgue, he wasn't burnt up. They saw the bullet holes and he wasn't burnt up. So that was another thing like what is going on here?
Speaker 2: And so after.
Speaker 1: Like like you said, like they the other private eye meets his end because he's playing fast and loose to the truth. Well, you screw around, you find out. And I'm not saying he deserved it, but you know, that's what happens when you're trying to play around with the mob and try to get one over on them, like they're that I found it was interesting like the the woman that the wife of that husband that they're trying to find who she is.
Speaker 2: You know, the the lound.
Speaker 1: Singer for Sale Remains Club. I love the name Kat Hardy. This is their version of Alicia Hardy. I thought that was very cool. And then you get those people in the back saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's not fully shaw Hardy. She's uh, she's of Asian descent. It's like it doesn't matter, it is not integral to the character. She like let it go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lee Jung Lee is the actress who plays Cat Hardy. I think in these first four episodes she plays the fatale of film noir so well, it is yes, perfect, she she is channeling all those fan fatales of the genre.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: She's doing a great job. Al four episode she's she she channels the damsel the dress, but also she can handle herself too, So it's it's very interesting but making that realization of who she is, and we said, all right, you know, and then we get the introduction of her kind of like muscle at that point too, like is it I forget this episode or the next episode we meet Sandy.
Speaker 2: No, it's so this is where you know, Ben goes up to talk to her after her performance, and you know, talk about the pictures that he has, and you know how he knows that that's the mayor that she was arguing with. And then Kat calls over her muscle, which turns out to be Flint Marco. And this for comic book fans, you know who who Flint Marco is, as that's the sand Man, and so we get this universus verse of the sand Man.
Speaker 1: So Ben gives her the photo, asks her to meet over lunch to discuss the negatives. Ben heads out and lest Freddy's help and shaking Flint it. They get into kind of a hole back and forth. They end up at a.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 1: This is where they go into the construction site and they have a big kind of back and forth and Flint starts transforming into kind of sandman. Like we don't get full on, but you start seeing him start changing. He punches Ben off of the skyscraper he's getting ready to follow Zess and he basically says, all right, fine, launch his web gets back into this and takes Flint down, and that's when Kat rushes in to the roof, shouting Ben to leave her alone. He gives her the negatives and says fine, not messing with it.
Speaker 2: Take him.
Speaker 1: I don't want to deal with this. The episode ends. Cat comes to see Ben in his office the morning after at saying that Flint is disappeared and she needs some help because after she he reveals to a secretary, Oh, I just give him to him. I didn't make any money like he gives away so much like every time he's had a chance to make some money le quote unquote legitimately, it's he ends up trying to throw away. He's more willing to do things illegitimately than he is legitimately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you could tell his secretary is over some of the choices that he's making. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're gonna take our first ad break before we continue on our breakdown. So listeners, these ads help keep the lights on the gegle TOI mid Alliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud to give it a three coup before they come on. Three two one, we'll be right back, all right, and we are back all right. Episode two tread lightly all right, David, tell where are we going? You know, let's break down with this ones. We got Kat asking him to help him find Flint.
Speaker 2: Where we're going, Yes, so we we get this. She's there and she brings up the fight on the roof. She goes, yeah, you know, he has been having these moments where you know, he gets angry and everything else, or he dips. He she even makes him mention. She goes, he never really goes away for long periods of time, except four times when he gets hit in the head by a still beam, referring to the fight the night before. So she asked him to go find Flint, and Ben decides to get to work, you know, and he goes to Flint's apartment to go try and track him down.
Speaker 1: And you know, when they're going to the apartment, I don't think he's alone, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, the he gets in there, he starts looking around and there a couple of Silvermain's thugs show up. Silvermain had mentioned, like right beforehand that you know, he knows Flint and he's been acting strange. So he has his right hand man, Winston, send some goons out there to also find Flint and see what's going on. So when Ben arrives, he's going around, he hears some a knock at the door and he quickly slips into a closet, only to realize that he forgot his hat. So we see him kind of open it up, shoot his web, pull that hat in real quick.
Speaker 1: If you put closed captioning on the closed caption goes the whip.
Speaker 2: I gad one of those.
Speaker 1: Oh there it is.
Speaker 2: They did it. They did the thing. Yeah, now the one. The biggest part about this scene is that Ben finds some photos and he sees that Flint was, you know, in the service before, and he also sees the man that was on fire previously that they thought burnt down silvermains Addison businesses, and then you know, he sees some other people in this photo. So he gets a sense of okay, there there's something deeper going on here with Flint and his ties to his military service and like he.
Speaker 1: And we learned that Ben was part of it. Was in World War One and was a very bloody affair. And yes, the ties that they have at this point, So he adds down. Ben heads down to the alcove and finds Kat playing the individual piano and forms of what's he's found, and she admits that she knew he was in the war. He asked her about Allison, Kat denies knowing him. Ben reveals that he's the man who burned down silver Remain's place, and now he's dead too, and as is the PI you tracked him down. So Silvermain owns the Alco and the club lives or dies by Cat's performances. Cat's fascinated by Ben's admitting that he's interest. He's he's interesting and braver than he lets on. And so again she's you know, so called, putting her claws into him in a way. So when he leaves, when it's looking down over him from the cross the way, his face is now partially transformed into sand. So he is close by and then longingly looks at it at Cat in her apartment. So he's in hiding. So something's going on that he feels he needs to be in hiding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's doing the roaming from this shadows thing, but he's still staying close to Cat. And then after this we get one of my favorite funny scenes where Ben gets back to his apartment, spitey sense goes off. Two goons approach him in the apartment and he's gonna go use his webs to defend himself, and he does the motion and nothing happens, and they're just looking at him and he's like, oh, so you know, ty Chi, it helps with the breathing and relaxation. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had to go back and forth on that one, saying like did he not want it to happen or did he want it to happen? So, yeah, they for whatever reason, they just didn't work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if that's going to.
Speaker 1: Come in revisiting again. It hasn't in the next couple of episodes that we've seen. I just felt very random. So that's why person. Oh, he doesn't want to he doesn't reveal himself, but he did. He didn't care at that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he turns around and just throws a toaster and busts the guy one of the thugs nose open and the guy he takes a toaster like a chap nose Bluddy looks up and Ben's just like, yeah, sorry about that. So the fighting susy. They end up taking Ben and throwing him in the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they you know, while he's getting driven off, like they're having a chat back and forth, and you know, was it.
Speaker 2: He he goes, uh, I'm sorry about your nose. And the gon gooes that was the other guy, and then Ben punches him in the nose instead, So now both of them are sitting there with broken noses. As Ben jumps out the car, they try and give chase on this bridge. He swoars through some cars. They lose him. They look over the bridge, can't find him, and then we see him hanging doing the one hand hang off the bottom of the bridge.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's pure Spider Man at that point. Yea, So we get the mayor. Mayor's running for office. He's the one that was with kat. Robbie asked Ben about his bruising, and Ben encourages him to tread lightly on add some story just because of what's going on. Mayor is promising to end prohibition if they vote him in.
Speaker 2: That's not his.
Speaker 1: Decision, that's a federal government decision at that point.
Speaker 2: So it's not how that works, Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: So you know, politics are making promises they don't intend to keep. So Silvermin's men end up having to Like they end up going through what is it Ben's office and tearing it apart and threatening to kill.
Speaker 2: Janet and that's no good. Yeah, they they have her at gunpoint and saying any information that she knows when they come back, they better tell her she's going to be as dead as the other private investigator who still that. They slit.
Speaker 1: And Janet tells Ben she's done. She's not dealing with this. She has bills to pay, she's not taking risking her life about this. He's he's not, you know, the person he used to be, and she's just she loves him, but loves him as like a friend, but is not willing to die for him. And that's that kicks up. Ben's like saying, all right, I'm gonna do this, so he ends up. He disguises himself as the super repairman, goes into his old place where he hid his spider uniform, breaks through, and then takes it back, and you know, we say, all right, well, he's kind of getting back into that moment. And following his conversation with the myscer man at Addison's place, Robbie chases his lead and heads up to the room to speak with missus Addison and she tries to slam the door in the face. Robbie informs her that James died, but she doesn't shed a tear and mentions that he started to set fire six months ago and found that he had a innate talent for it. So this is a new thing for him.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Robbie goes meets to see Flint. Uh, the man Robbie met goes to see Flint and tells him that James is dead. And the reporter came looking for him at that point. So things are starting to get a little tangled up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, We're starting to get more more weaves to this story. I didn't like the scene with Robbie meeting up with missus Addison and you know he she tries to slams the door in his face and he puts his foot. There's like, no, I need to talk to you, and she goes, uh, you wouldn't want me to scream and say that a black man is trying to enter my house. That wouldn't look good for you, would And then he goes, you wouldn't want me to scream and tell everyone about how your husband was involved in the fire at Silvermins and all the people who are looking for him. He goes, in my voice goes a lot farther than yours. She then goes, okay, we can talk. Yeah again that that.
Speaker 1: Is of the era.
Speaker 2: So people say, oh, that's racist. It's like.
Speaker 1: It wasn't right then. I'm not saying it was right now, but that's that's the era. Yeah, but there no, you know, Winston checks out the docks and all seems good for the big deal to go down. So every man's given the go ahead to come down for.
Speaker 2: The meeting.
Speaker 1: And we see Ben in full costume swinging through. It looks good. It really does look good for a TV show budget, a streaming show budget. They made this website and go good. We get a great fight on her hands, showcasing his town. He even kind of masks his voice a little bit differently, you know, kind of pulling up.
Speaker 2: He doesn't that man.
Speaker 1: He does a little man there, and again it's meant to be kind of slightly comical too, and you know, takes down the guys, gets into the car. Silverman's I want you to back off, Bend Riley, you back off, I'll stay out of your business, and he's like, yeah, you know, you backing off has allowed me to rise to flame, So that's all you need to do is back off. End rally fine. But later at the end of the episode we find out from Robbie who's at the scene, and there's a big shoot up between the police and what's left of Silverman's main Silver Mains Men that they got a tip that he was supposed to be there at the thing, but something spooked him off and he wasn't there. So now they've got all these kind of underlings who don't want to like play ball, and the big bust didn't go as a planned and now Ben's beating himself up saying, shoot, I screwed this up. The Silverman could have been taken down and I didn't need to do anything about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he came out and this scene with him facing off against the goons and getting in the car with Silver Main. There were moments where you could tell, you know, Ben's older, he's out of practice. You know, he he missed one of his webbing shots, but you know, turn it around. He did a lot of talking to himself and quipping during this moment, which I was like, Okay, we're getting again full full Spider Man here.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, even no older equipping and still equipping none the less.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so we end the episode like that and we head into episode three, Double Cross.
Speaker 2: So you know, silver Main's been looking.
Speaker 1: For who this rat is because someone's tipped off the cops that they were supposed to be there, and he's trying to figure this all out. You know, Ben's Ben's working to clean up his office. It sure's Robbie that Janet that Silverman won't ever be a problem anymore, and that he points out that Robbie had thought the search for answers. Ben asked Janet to look into whether Addison Flinter the Man was there. Ever, Pow says they couldn't have served in the same unit as the units were segregated. That's when they get a knock on the door and get a new client. And who comes through that door with those interesting brutes?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Silvermain comes in and he's got his his two thugs who have been throughout the story. And it's funny because Ben first thing he says, like, uh, yeah, I'm not gonna talk to you until they apologize to my girl like that they were out of line. And Silvermain looks at him and he's like, I guess you guys know the girl in an apology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Silvermain wants to hire him to find out what does what does he hire him to find out. He wants to figure out who's who's done this, Like who hired who's the rat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's the rat? Who hired?
Speaker 1: I like, who is ratting them out? And he takes the He takes the deal, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but his secretary is a little bit upset by this. But Ben's also like, yeah, our options are die by Silvermain's hands or take his money and we need to eat yep.
Speaker 1: And he's he's a hefty retainer to do that. But Ben notices something about it and then looks at the money, knows something. Then looks at Cat's money she paid to help help her find Flint, he notices something. They're marked. They're not just marked, they're marked in different places. Silverman pays people in marked bills, literally, but pays them in marked bills that he knows where he's turning in his money too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That that's a smart play on him, And that's also a smart play on Ben. And as silver remains leaving, he you know, he says, uh, men lie, but money doesn't so and and that all will come back full circle a little bit later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so talked about what's going on with Robbie in this episode.
Speaker 2: All right, So Robbie is he's trying to get his his job back, and so he's he's got a story, a lead on a story, and he goes down to the alleyway where he finds everyone out there and you know, Flints there and we see some other characters that were you're going to get introduced to their and as Robbie's looking around for these men and trying to track down what's going on, the police come and just start tearing the this little community apart that we're all these homeless encampment. They just start tearing it apart, hitting people with sticks, throwing people around, and Robbie is in the middle of it, and like a true reporter, he pulls out his camera and he starts taking a picture and everything else, and you know, we get our first look at, you know, some more characters that are going to be step out, because we have this this big, strong black man who steps out and you don't know who he is at this point, but you're you're starting to get just a little bit of an inkling. But he steps out and he starts protecting all the city, all the people that's in there, and turns out it's it's Lonnie Lincoln, it's Tombstone, and they go to swing their batons at him and they begin to break in between him and Flint. They just start taking out these cops left and right, as Robbie's taking pictures of all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're trying to bust up the the at the time, the Hoovervilles and things like that, and they they're the police are not necessarily doing the right thing. They're they're not being you know, they're they're they're hurting civilians. They're hurting no one. And so Wyn who are new or our version of Tombstone and this one kind of a transformation instead of Tombstone just being Tombstone already. It's like a transformation for him. And when Robbie puts it out, sells it to the Beagle, the editor review is like, fine, give me this stuff. Keep doing this, maybe you'll get your job back at that point, but they take his pictures and put a new headline like planting Tombstone and Flint and them us going after the cops versus what the truth was. The cops are in this case, we're not on the up and up, and yeah, should have been.
Speaker 2: These monsters attacking the city, and so.
Speaker 1: Robbie's very upset about that because he was trying to get those get like, you know, our version of Tombstone and looking thing like, hey, I want to be on your side. I want to tell the right story. But this doesn't make it look like that. So he's saying, great, I'm screwed because they're going to think I would lie to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, but during Ben's investigation, he ends up finding out that who is the.
Speaker 2: Rat Who's He ends up piecing together that cat is the rat.
Speaker 1: Cats figure that all out, and when Ben confronts Addison's wife, she knows like he's telling him to get out of town. And he's like, no, you're trying to tell me to get out of town because I know who the rat is. I know who it is. I know it's Cat. So I'll get out of town if you pay me one thousand dollars And he's like, okay, I'll get that. Well, then he gets into you know, he's gone back and forth to meet with Silvermin and his place and they've had this kind of interesting back and forth. He he puts the he webs the door the door latch so it doesn't close which is interesting. I know Spider Man's webbing doesn't It does disintegrate, but after a couple of hours, I didn't think it was like that long could have stayed on. So that was kind of interesting to see the webbing still there when he breaks into the apartment. And this is where you had your nitpick about the the him Ben getting into the safe as a spy.
Speaker 2: Yes, he goes into Silvermain's safe, breaks in because Vera said that the only way that she would give up information and you know, help Ben and things like that, z if he gave her a thousand dollars, A thousand dollars and this time is a lot of money, to the point where earlier Silvermain gives Ben a fifty and his secretary is like, yeah, that you've never seen something like that, even here that they make it as one hundred, like so a thousand dollars is a lot of money by this time. So Ben goes in and he steals a thousand dollars from Silvermain's safe, and he uses his spidery sense to break into the safe and you know, he he almost gets out of there very clean, but right as he does, the door that doesn't lash because his webbing is still there. Six hours later, slams. Everyone wakes up. But luckily, you know, Ben's able to hide in the shadows and not get caught before going and giving Vera this this thousand dollars and.
Speaker 1: I just want to say this Brendan Gleeson place SI remains so well, like he yes, it's it's to the point like I don't even think it's camp. It's just he's playing the part of a gangster from the era.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so at this point Ben was supposed to meet up with Kat. He's like, hey, you know, there's one final piece to this, but then he gets stopped because the mayor wants to see him right here, right now. And the mayor is saying, hey, I know from your past that you know the Spider put me in touch with him so that I can work with him to he says, save the city, but in reality, I need some campaign points. So Ben ends up missing his appointment with Kat, and he finds out out from the young man that he was employing earlier that all right, Cat's already made her way down to the train station. Ben goes down there, meets up with her, and that's when Silvermain's goons show up and says, everyone's coming with us. So at this point we have been we have Kat, we have Missus Addison, we have silver Remain's right hand Winston, and they're all standing over a series of graves as silver Remains like, I want to know who the rat is, and you know, missus Addison gives gives this story about you know, her husband and things like that, and it's like she was paid one thousand dollars and Silvermain grabs the thousand dollars and looks at it and begins to kind of laugh to himself, and Winston was like, yeah, okay, now we know what's going on. Let's take him out. And Silverman goes, you know, there's something I do with my money. I mark every one of my bills and I marked them different for everyone on my payroll, so I know where my money's going and how it gets back to me, and I mark yours in a very specific way. Uh. To that point, miss Addison speaks up again and says, yes, he told me to line. He told me to say it was you, and Winston is shocked and he's like, no, I'm I'm your guy. I'm here to help you I'm your friend. I would never know it in pow, so Remain shoots him dead right there. He falls into a grave and then he turns and shoots the thugs who are with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't know what that. We don't know at the time, like he just shoots that shoot at that point, but yeah, we don't know what was the episode who shoot?
Speaker 2: So yeah, he has been if he's good with a shovel, because he informs him he'll be needing another grave and then that's when we get a shot and that ends episode two.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, let's uh, let's kind of conclude are this by kind of get getting through episode four a mistake I'll never make again. So it jumps out slightly. With Kats performing at the alcove, we see Ben with Silvermain and learned that it was Geo who he shot. Uh seems Silvermain brought bought the story Ben sold him with no questions. But he's not done searching for answers. While he caught the rat, He's planning on taking talking to the police to chief tomorrow to get answers on why he ran the raid when he was supposed to be in his pocket. So he's still not feeling safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, Kat walks up and she's still a little bit shaky. She asked silvermin you know, like, hey, you you almost killed me last night because of this, and asked how he feels about that, and silver Maine's pretty honest, like, hey, this was business. If you know, I shot the rat. If you were the rat, I would have shot you too, So you know what, go ahead, Uh, but instead we're going to celebrate, So go get me some more whiskey and let celebrate that. That's when Kat goes into the back room and just has a nice little cry to herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they have we cut to Janet and that's gonna be cut to Kat and Silvermain having a conversation and basically Silverman's saying, well, you know, the PI basically saved your life because p I said that you were the rat, you would be dead.
Speaker 2: And yeah, Kat.
Speaker 1: Said she was terrified because he was unhinged and that said Ben wasn't there to protect her and he was watching for Silvermain, but he must have figured out that she was in on it until Ben put it together that Winston was trying to frame her. You know, Janet's working with Freddy to try to teach him lessons as a as a call comes through from Kat, who requests Ben meet her at the Calypso Ben goes out to meet and sees Kat, and she tells him the story that she told Silvermain and notes that hell that Hill start asking questions about the raid. Ben asked why she why she tried to kill hermine, and she notes that this isn't the place to tell that story. So there's more to that than anything. Yeah, So what happens they go, They go someplace else where they're probably less listening. And what did she reveal?
Speaker 2: So she tells the story about you know, her and Flint Marco, how you know they how they came together and they were involved with each other, and you know he surprised her with the ring and she surprised him by saying yes to that. And you know she is giving the backstory of where of their connection.
Speaker 1: And you know it's going closer, she's getting they're both getting close to each other, Ben and Kat, which is again it's for the trope. Yeah, and you know she tells about a man named Thomas who began coming to the club night after night, a dentist who eventually wore her down and when he's when Thomas stopped coming, she thought she did something wrong and later found out Silvermain had him killed.
Speaker 2: Yep, you know. So, and she she's going to she vout to to not make that mistake where you know, silvermin knows, and so he he takes out whoever's associated with her because Silvermain's made it very clear that like she is the the star attraction, the moneymaker of this club. She hasn't missed a show in over six years. And you know he he is relying on her. He basically he picks what she wears, how she looks everything else he controls her. Yep.
Speaker 1: And so after killing time talking to him with a man on the street pedling cigarette, Robbie follows a man uh serving meals to Vets, which eventually leads him to an alleyway where the man hands off a meal till Lonnie ak tombstone. Robbie tells Lonnie the story they prince wasn't the one he gave him and asked for him to talk, and Kat and Ben head off in a car together, where Kat admits that Ben that she didn't think that that. She admits to Ben that she didn't think that she can be alone tonight, and Ben asked the driver to turn around and go back together and say, oh, we're getting kind.
Speaker 2: Of now, yeah, which was again kind of shocking that, you know, she had this thing with Flint. She talked about the other guy getting murdered. But hey, here we are going with Ben. At this point, we see Flint go to Silvermain and he tells him that, hey, I was just lying low but ready to work. Silvermain's happy to have him back and tells him that, you know, he killed Winston who was the rat. And this news surprises Flint and his face begins to turn.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We get the sense that Flint knew that Kat was the rat, but you know, he wasn't going to say anything. And Silverman reminds him that he's always been loyal and he's welcomed back, you know, and he's gonna be his right hand man again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we learn Also we get some more information from Lonnie about what happened during the war, and so Janet asks Lonnie about his locket, which has an H on it, and he lets her know that it stands for Helen, his mom's name. Robbie tells Lonnie about his brother who was a pow, and Lonnie admits that the Germans got to him too, and Robbie questions whether they did something to them, and Lonnie mentions Doc Faber can explain things better than him just but once they transform, it's hard to turn back. So we're getting some ideas and maybe some this is the result of some things from the war. Ben takes Cap back to his place and pours him a drink. You know, he did the job, you know. He tells about Ruby and that they were happy. He did a job and deadbeat husband ended up doing hard crime. It was out for revenge. He doesn't know how he knew he was close to Ruby, but he did, and he killed her that night. But Ben was too busy to get drunk to town to know that she was in danger and got home too late, and he killed her to make him suffer. So there's the truth of what happened at that point.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, this is what caused him to hang up his hang up his mask for the time being. Yeah, it's I like it how we're teasing this stuff out amongst the characters. I like this kind of trope. We don't get it all at once. We're building to the point where okay, now it's necessary to know what happened here, very organic and I like how they're presenting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, good good story building. We're going to lead to you know, him and Ben and Cat getting a lot closer. After this, we cut to an amazing scene with Silvermin where he he's been a little bit pissed off at the Chief of Police because he wanted the Chief of police to meet him and have a talk with him about this raid and he's been ducking him. So Silvermain goes and crashes the dinner between the mayor and the Chief of Police, who skipped out on his weekly check in lunch the previous day, and Silvermain suggests he will replace the mayor, and the mayor suggests that Silvermain would be dumb to think that he would go quietly. Silvermain reminds him that every four years he decides who will sit in the chair, as the mayor suggests he still has cars to play and that Silvermain had a good run. And at this point Silvermain introduces Flint, who steps forward and with one solid punch, breaks through the table that they're sitting at to show you know that Silvermain's got the power and the muscle. He has the power.
Speaker 1: So going back to Cat and Ben, Cat suggests that he saved her because he couldn't save Ruby, but he says he did it because he didn't want to feel worse. He admits that he feels alone. She takes his hand and tells him that they can be alone. They can be alone together. Ben Askkat what she's planning on going. She tells him about her dream of going to Sanchorini and you know, it's this whole idea, you know. She tries to get Ben to come along to help Flind, but he tells her to go. He refuses as she calls him a coward and storms out. That's all part of Ben's plan. He wanted her out of there so he can transform and get down there. When Ben calls Robbie to say, get your camera, this is going to be one to see the Spider. He's there in Spider costume. And it's not Flint that's there. It's a new electrical battye that we all know is Electro, this version of Electro at that point, so this is a very not a great battle for the Spider. It does not go very well, for many different reasons. You can say that he is out of practice. He is not his agility, but is also you're facing someone who just you know, has no morals, has no things, not gonna hold back, and he'll kill He would kill the Spider if if he had that opportunity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, this man that he's facing with these electrical powers, he he he is high on these powers. He is enjoying himself and he's like, oh man, I get to fight the Spider and this is gonna be be great. And you know, they they begin to go at it, and you know, Ben is getting beat pretty pretty badly. He shoots his web and you know, the guy retorts with shooting electricity back through the web to stop him and everything else, and and they go back and forth. He even gets Ben gets distracted at one point because he sees Cat in the crowd, and you know, they keep fighting. And then finally, after Ben sees that he's charging up on the electrical box, Ben rips the electrical lines out of the sky so that he has nothing else to pull from. And as this guy's starting to drain, he gets that nice good shot in there to knock him out. And then we get the mayor coming out of nowhere and grabbing him, holding his arm up like he just won a championship for a photo op, telling Robbie to take his picture, and announces that me and the Spider House have teamed up to save this city and we're going to be working together. And Ben's like, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, not a thing, not signing up for this at this point. So the episode ends back in Ben's apartment, and during this fight, Kat is out there watching him, just staring at him, watching the Spider like she's at this point, I've started realizing that she's starting to pieces together well.
Speaker 2: Being back at Ben's apartment, he stretches out after his fight to rest his catarives. Ben asked if they are, you know, cool as what's going on and what's happening. She notices a couple of things. She notices that his face is bruised. Also, when he asks Kat, you know, how's everything going, he doesn't ask her about, you know, the fact that she had to leave is Flint okay and everything else, And so at this point she's she's definitely got some things pieced together. And so she starting to back to the window and she looks at him and she goes, you know, just tell me this one thing, and he's like, what said? She goes up, Am I right? And she falls backwards out of the window. We see the slow cinematic fall, very much reminiscent of you know, the die Hard falling out of Nachotomi Plaza, the slow fall out there forcing Bin to prove to her that he is the Spider. We get the the moment of getting the catch a la Gwen Stacy with the attaching to the chats and pulling up and so he pulls her back into the window and she looks at him and says, nice to meet you, mister Spider, and they share a kiss, and that is how we end episode four. So again it's there hasn't been a lot of major action moments within these first four episodes, a lot of story building, but you know it, it's been a fun ride so far and I'm looking forward to see where we are going to go next with this. Like Chris said, he's only watched the first four episodes. I have only watched the first four episodes, and you know, we have done that on purpose so that we don't have any mixed about where the rest of this is going to go. I've heard from people that the rest of it is, you know, pretty awesome, and I'm excited to see it, but yeah, I definitely wanted to reserve that moment for when we actually watch it. So those are the first four episodes of Spider Man Noir. Again, we will be back next week. Chris and mister Travis Hines will be back in order to watch or give their review of the second half of this season. So with that being said, let's go into our next a break, and then we will go into our one story, which is the X Men ninety seven trailers. So again, listeners, these ads help keep the lights on. We have no control over what you here or in the volume on that, so we'll give you a second to turn down the volume if you have to. So here they go, three, two one, and we are back. Okay, So, if you haven't noticed yet, Chris is not here right now. He was on but got kicked. He's having some internet issues getting back into stream yard, like I had some some freezing issues as well, and it took me a second to get in and back out. So we should be good to go. Hopefully he will be back in very soon. All right, So again, we're gonna play this with no sound. Don't want to get demonetized. It starts off with you're seeing various versus the X Men. We have rogue talking about you know, it's hard to believe that things have changed flashbacks of Gambit. You know, one of the most heart wrenching moments within last season was the death of Gambit. We learned that the X Men are displaced or scattered throughout time. There is a section of the X Men in the past, there's the section of the X Men in the present, and there's the section of the X Men in the feature, and there is Chris.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Streamyard kicked me, but it was interesting. It kicked both of us and I lost in it. You apparently did not, so I'm glad. So I hate that I miss the beginning part of this.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you know what, we're only a couple of seconds in. Let's go ahead and run it back.
Speaker 1: I'll give my thoughts. Yes, sorry, guys, it's been a night of technic So yeah, if you notice there, Bishop's also in the background of that opening shot, so we don't know if he's there or happens to be there. So Bishop is in that opening shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got Bishop, Beast, Magneto, Rogue, and Nightcrawler on this team. Yeah, I'm just saying, you know, Gambit is still very much you know, not there. I made the call last time that I think he's going to be a Horseman of the Apocalypse, going to be their new death, just reminding everyone of what happened with him that. Yes, so X Men or are scattered through time. We see a quick blurb of them walking through what looks like a tomb of some sort or pyramid, and we have Charles Xavier there, Magneto, there, Beast, Rogue and Nightcrawler just going through this tomb.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, go back. Did you see that would be Rama Tut in the background. A A that would be yep, right there we see Rama Tut the Aka and mortis a k A Kang the Conqueror. So will we see you know, because Evanson evans no, Apocalypse has always been in a war with Rama Tut at this point. So where we see our our Kang in in the X Men universe, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we we we get a shot of you know, Apocalypse and he's got horsemen behind him. We we don't, we don't We don't know which version of the Horseman this is just yet, but we we are seeing the war and the destruction, and you know, it's interesting because this looks like the past, but there's also some futuristic robots and other things around in this error. So yeah, keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we can get the the from the past of Apocalypse to the future of Apocalypse, all the death and destruction that has resulted from you know, his rule. And you got to look at his cyclops in you know, his uniform underneath the jacket that is the X Factor uniform from when he they were forming the very first version of X Factor in the comics. Yeah, we've seen Daniel Summers there, their child in the future. Oh okay, so go back.
Speaker 2: The ship.
Speaker 1: Is that that ship was Apocalypses at one point in the comics. Then X Factor took it over at that point, so that's also a callback to that. So it looks like they're destroying a bunch of stuff that ship. Yeah, we gotta love Magneto being bearded.
Speaker 2: Yes, bearded Magneto and he got Charles, you know, getting ready to use his powers, and you know that this feels like a to me, my X Men call out as everyone strikes their pose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love it that Nightcrawlers. It looks to be a very big prominent part of this of this season.
Speaker 2: Yep. So then we get the version of Apocalypse that we're most used to, and he's saying that we have to strike the X Men when they are their most vulnerable in the nineteen nineties.
Speaker 1: They're very big. Got to get the X Men back to the nineties, all right. I have a little couple of issues with this, and I know I'm not the only one to call this out. It's like, oh, Polaris and these photos Pilaris with the original X Men, When did that happen? I don't know. I know they did talk about her and Bobby having a real relationship in the show one point where that is acknowledged. I'm not talking about that, but there are other photos with them hanging out together. Sure, why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the picture on the far right is definitely, you know, the old school original X Men costume. You've got beasts before you know he transformed. You've got Jean Gray in the green short skirt and the yellow mask. So this is definitely the old school X Men. And she's just hanging out with them. Yeah, so there's a better look at this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right there, we have never seen anything like that in the show. I'm not saying this wasn't a thing, but this is something that this has never been dealt with. I don't know if for rec counting certain things or things that we're finally being acknowledged. Yes, Polaris and Bobby were a thing that was acknowledged in the original X Men, the animated series, but Polaris being part of the original team that I don't think that's ever really been acknowledged.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That that that that's new to me.
Speaker 1: And Gene and Storm them being besties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so morephin brown suit Wolverine on a mission together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll talk about mister Wolverine a little bit. Oh yeah, how do you think Cyclops likes a gene using the clause like that?
Speaker 2: You know, I you know, this is a cool moment, and again different version of Cyclops and Gene here with with the outfits.
Speaker 1: Yep, this is the grant from the Grant Morrison era of the costumes, So it looks like we'll be getting getting those into this instead of going into the the normal comic book costumes. I mean yes, this was comic book under saying, you know the comic e. Yeah, so we got our date July first, this is coming. I like Sunspot and Jubilee getting you know, Jubilee looking even more.
Speaker 2: Oh good, good visual of Forge and Bishop, you know, saying, hey, we we got to get the X Men back.
Speaker 1: And they're definitely staring at a time time machine, you know. All right, so there's gonna be some big things to pause.
Speaker 2: For the young mister Summers you know again, he's he's gonna be a big part of this, and then we fast forward to him as Cable.
Speaker 1: Yep, now again Cable. As I love this new here pause right here. I love the new version of like Storm's costume.
Speaker 2: I love though.
Speaker 1: But we go back a little bit till we see kind of colossus on the ground.
Speaker 2: So we get that, so we do know as it will be.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's already happened or it's coming up, but yeah, colasses betting of our body and we'll maybe see it coming up. That Magic is dead his sister. That does lead him down a path in the comics to join Magneto. But we will see it's something along those natures very shortly. But yeah, this is I love the version of Storms costume. That's I love that update. Yeah all right, yeah, we're gonna get a lot of teases. Okay, yes, Okable, Yeah, Paul, I forgot. Now, remember Cable is would be is a Omega level mutant. He is not because his his telekinetic power abilities are keeping the virus, the Legacy virus at bay. So his telekinetic abilities are are massively reduced because they're trying to save his life. His abilities so the techno organic virus. Okay, so yeah, Paul's right here. He goes a little back as they're walking up. That's what I'm trying to Okay, So right there. So yes, is we get a memorial for a lot of respute and Colossus is there. Colossus and mil got rogue on one side, he got in Night Crawler, I believe. On the other that is Colosses in the middle. He is an acolyte Wardrobe he is. That was Magneto's group. You know, we did see them in the the previous season. Now when in the comics when his sister died of the Legacy virus, that started Colossus on a very dark path that ended up him joint betraying the meat uh the X Men. In in the comic series Fail Attractions, he was the one who betrayed the X Men, joined in Magneto instead. In this version, we got Rogue and Sunspot doing that betrayal in last season. But looks like a Colossus maybe joining a newer version of the Acolytes in this one.
Speaker 2: But that is that, that's.
Speaker 1: What you know, that's a that's an Acolyte suit that he's wearing. Yep, Jubilee crying. You know, Carl's going on a journey. He does that from time to time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we we get a nice little visual here. You've got Charles, You've got Bees, You've got Magneto, you've got night Crawler, You've got all these people just looking up to this deity.
Speaker 1: The deity of all the apocalypse. He We're getting some Savage Land, we get some Deadpool, we got more of turning into Deadpool. Siloc looks to be kind of joining.
Speaker 2: This right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta love it. Now, we're not gonna get into the history of Silock. We're gonna says that's I don't know if they're gonna get that heady about this white queen Cyclops.
Speaker 2: We saw our Angel of Death.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's our kay angel. But look who Nightcrawl is fighting. He is fighting Exodus. Exodus is is and one of Magneto's acolytes. He is a also an a mega level mutant that is a religious zealot like he has been around forever. He has telekinetic abilities at the omega level. He can manipulate, he can do that. He not only believes in the idea of mutants being a higher power, he worships mutant leaders like Magneto later in the comics Hope Summers, like as Messiah's. So he is also very formidable. Too much Cyclops in the show, too much, too much? Okay, now this right here, this has got to be an ending shot of something when the team's all together at this point. Who there facing apocalypse Horseman? I don't know, but this was a cool shot. I'm kind of surprised they revealed this.
Speaker 2: H I am too. I have a feeling that there's more to this. But yeah, you've got more. If you've got Cyclops, Gene, you've got Storm, you've got Wolverine, you've got four you've got.
Speaker 1: Everyone in their own costumes sit there in cable Jubilee.
Speaker 2: Sun Spots, I lock.
Speaker 1: All people and I say, I'm with I'm with Travison's I do love sun Spots kind of transformation. It is very cool.
Speaker 2: All right, Paul, Here here we go.
Speaker 1: We're back Baby, an homage to Wolverine Number one by Chris Claremont Frank Miller. Look at that number one, that that poster, and I think I put the poster in the notes. Since you you are now driving right now, you want to pull up that link.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: One thing they didn't put in the show, but we have seen art four that we are going to see Wolverine.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Remember, at the end of the show, at the end of the season one, Wolverine's aad nanteum was removed from his body, and so we're gonna have a time where he's not gonna have at an antium with it. But that ending shot right there, when he pops his claws, it shimmers. So yeah, so right there, I'm not even talking about the poster that shimmers there. But at the ending shot when he says We're back baby, he's got his adamantium back. So but we have seen show art that he is going to go into feral mode because in the comics what happens is that when Wolverine, a couple of things got revealed, like Wolverine's claws were bone. That means he's had it for a while. WEAPONEX program did not give him the clause as many one felt for years he had bone claus so he'd had this forever. What happens when he goes this faral mode is that he goes beast like. And the reason that is is that his healing factor was keeping the admantium from poisoning him alive. So now and even Professor Exit in the comics acknowledged, it's like he was never reaching his true form. So when he goes in this kind of beast like form, his his mute mutation is no longer suppressing the toxins unheeded, his mutation naturally advances to a wild beast like state, showing I don't know if you want to pull up something like what I'm talking about here, David. So people are listeners who are watching or watch later, it can kind of see it, or you can look it up too. But his adamantion was holding him back, his metal hindering his body, so his senses are heightened, his smell, his hearing, his sight, like he goes into a permanent state of berserker rage, where he literally looks like an animal and also famously no nos as well, Yeah, have you found anything that can pull that up?
Speaker 2: Especially kind of.
Speaker 1: The the new kind of mask he wears at one point.
Speaker 2: What may pull us up? I just found a good one. Yep.
Speaker 1: So we we are going to get a version of this. I'm not wrong. I'm pretty confident. I've seen you've seen the show art too that they that they've.
Speaker 2: Come out with.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, there we go. So yeah, so we get him looking like this, we are going to see this at this point.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The bone claws getting more awesome because they're jagged, they get like longer. He's more lethal as this kind of feral version of Wolverine.
Speaker 2: This is his true form, This is his.
Speaker 1: True mutated form. When he gets the adamantium, the healing factor kind of puts him back in a different state. Not everyone's favorite time of Wolverine, mind you, but I am excited to see how the show deals with this. I hope we just don't go only like one or two episodes of dealing with this, and I hope it's like we build up to Wolverine getting his his Adam Mantium back because he does have it back in the comics.
Speaker 2: Things like that. That happened, but it took some time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but as we saw with the animated show, we got the Madeline Pryor storyline done in like two episodes.
Speaker 2: That was a quick urright, and we're done. Heah, we're done. So I'm excited about this.
Speaker 1: I don't like when it's dropping the day before we air, but we'll deal with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Again, not thankfully not eight forty minute episodes, so that makes it a little bit better as opposed to what we've been doing with Spider Noir. But yeah, it's the I'm gonna need them to pick a day, preferably Tuesday, and make that just their official drop date. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, like I said, thanks for coming back to being intro. Sorry for the technical division. I'm glad it didn't cut the show.
Speaker 2: At that point.
Speaker 1: We'll have to deal with that for the For the listeners of this Yeah, sorry, mister Stellon advanced for the edit you're gonna have to do tonight on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a two to three minute cut where it's just it gets a little weirdo from my end, it was like you froze and then I froze, and then it just it kicked me back out to the main menu and I all had to do is just log back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, but but all right, So we're gonna take our final ad break of the evening Solicitors. These ad breaks help cape the deal to mid Alliance lights on. We don't get choose with ad to come on. They could be a bit loud to give it a three cup before they come on. Three two one, we'll be right back, all right, and we are back. So we did not have any put up the spidy signal. No one came up with questions.
Speaker 2: No big deal.
Speaker 1: Let me pull up Factor fictions from the previous week.
Speaker 2: Uh, I've got them up. I pulled them up wall perfect.
Speaker 1: Oh look at you helping me.
Speaker 2: Out while you were doing your things. So yeah, so be great. So I will go through last week's Factor fiction and then it will be Chris's turn after that. So Factor fiction number one, Foggy Well Returning Daredevil, Born Again season three. That was one hundred percent fiction. So people not really agree with me on that. Factor fiction number two we will see Mannucci again. That is one hundred percent fact. And then factor fiction number three Punisher will have a cameo in season three of Daredevil Born Again. Now, when I looked at this before, there were votes on there, but now it's not showing anything. So we're just gonna call that a fifty to fifty. It's doing the same thing that it did a couple of weeks ago. But again, I'm hoping that we still get that. So those were your factor fictions from last time, Chris, What do you have for us this time? All right?
Speaker 1: So Factor fiction number one, Spider Noir will lead into another live action Spider Man variant character being greenlit. So I said, very I chose live action. We're going to get a different Spider Man variant getting a live action series.
Speaker 2: I am going to say fact on that, because somewhere in the back of my mind I have hope slash thoughts that we're going to get a Spider Man twenty ninety nine love action.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm a I'm not a firm fact on this one. I think it'd be very interesting to see the reception of this. It'll be interesting to see how this show ends, and you know, seeing it, I will say there's a stronger possibility.
Speaker 2: With it, but say fact.
Speaker 1: But it's not a hard fact, just because that Sony and Sony being Sony doesn't understand it. But I am, as we said, we're very impressed so far with the show, even though I didn't get to live my last thoughts that All in all, I'm excited about seeing the last four episodes of this series. I think it's meeting my expectations that I'm having fun with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Number.
Speaker 1: Two kind of a little hanging fruit, but I'll put it out there with us. Some recent changes going on at Marvel Studios, Brad wind Winbaum will succeed Kevin Feigi when he retires from studios.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say fact for that, because as it stands right now, he is, in my mind, the best and most logical choice. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the only thing that he will need some more work with is that he has not led film. He has been an advisor on film, but I don't think he's kind of headed up a film project yet. I know, like one of his new titles is the head of Franchise. Not sure necessarily that can go a lot of different directions. But I think since he's been doing well with Street any things like that, I would love to if he is the new Air apparent, get a more experience with the film side, because that's I think the only big thing he's missing on the Marble side is a lot of experience with the film side. But you know, I think with the recent title change, I think everyone, yeah, but he's he looks to be the Air parent, but there's other other people that are in the background. But I think he's the most forward facing of them all.
Speaker 2: I mean, Kathleen Kennedy, it doesn't have anything to do anymore. So I'm kidding people, I'm kidding, please again.
Speaker 1: One of the most successful producers, not just female producers, but just successful producers in film in the Hollywood industry of all time, like like or not. You cannot deny that the direction she.
Speaker 2: Is a polarizing figure, but man, has she brought some some stuff to the table.
Speaker 1: I think she's polarizing to the people who have other issues at that point. All right, my final one. It's also a tough one for me to say because this is what led to me leaving a collecting comics fort all me collecting X Men for a while. All Right, this is one of my first exits. I had two.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: The second one was a little bit after that. Onslaught will be a major villain in a future season of X Men ninety seven. Those watching, well, I'm gonna say no principle.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say no for principle because for.
Speaker 1: Those that were watching aren't watching the video version of this. As soon as I said the word Onslaught, David put his face on his hand on his face, like in disgust. This is almost like these the the four issue uh series that should not be named arc of Spider Man that we do not talk about on this.
Speaker 2: Show quick PTSD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, Onslaught is a long and because I'm such an X Men fan, I do have the omni collections of leading up to Onslaught, to Onslaught to the aftermath of Onslaught. Not a well thought of series. It is a character that I'm just gonna leave as it is for those I don't know. I'm not going to ruin who or what this character is. But this led to my first exit of collecting comics and X Men for a while. The second exit came for me after Avengers versus X Men. The aftermath of that killed my second time a bit, but then I came back, and I'm not saying all's forgiven, but I remember mistakes were made. Do I think, Okay, so you're gonna say principal side, you're gonna say, no, I do have principles. But the certain things they are doing with this, I could see them doing it. I could really see them doing it. I'm not gonna say they're gonna do it right, but I can see there is a possibility of this. So I'm gonna say fat. Hurts my heart to say fact, but I the fact that they also said we already know a season three has been greenlit, We now know a season four is in pre production, moving forward with it, and the goals to have this X Men ninety seven be a year to year series at this point, how long it's gonna go on, Well, we know least is gonna go on for two more. But the fact that they say they want this to be yearly, we're at least we're more than like there gonna have a season five. So but all right, well we I will post those on all the on our social media as always on Twitter, make sure you let your voice be heard with that. And then let us come to a compa club with age of Ultron issue ten which actually.
Speaker 2: Okay, this might be the know have a kind of ten point one A.
Speaker 1: I believe that we still have to go into for next time. Are you down for that?
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: All right? So all right, So the the conclusion of the main mini series of this, what do we get going on here?
Speaker 2: All right? So we get doctor Hank him and he's in his lap, he's working and he is he gets a little ping and he goes, wait a minute, my system doesn't make this noise, and it's a something pops up on his computer that says open your door, doctor, And he starts looking around because he's like, hey, I've got all this security in place. You could possibly get in here. We don't know. He's just there's a note slid under his door. He opens the package and there's a screen that says play me, and we see invisible woman. Sus Storm has delivered this and it is a message from himself saying it's me. You won't remember doing this. We made it like that. You're not supposed to remember this has all been timed, but you have to know that everything that you thought could possibly go wrong, this is that moment that's going on with Ultron right now. Somewhere there is a group of heroes and they are fighting a group of villains. You're not part of this group of heroes, so don't even ask why you're not there, but just know you are where you're supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it cuts to this big fight of villains that's going on. Ultron shows. You know, this villain's trying to get this amazing power ends up being Ultron reignited the heroes or kind of waxing with his hammer creates major destruction.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: They're basically saying that, hey, well say this is it. This is the time. You know, they're trying to put in this kill code at this point, uploading this kill code.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so Hank is talking to to Tony and he's like, look, you guys, just just hold him off and I need you. I'm going to give you this code and I need you to upload this code to this coordinates and this is going to do what we need to do. So they are trying their best to continue to fight and just stave off Ultron for a little bit. Thora is doing a lot of the heavy work, so is uh miss Marvel at this point Carol Danvers version, and you know they're just Ultron is starting to figure out, Okay, something's wrong. You guys have done something. You're adding this code to my infrastructure. And he's like, I feel my father's hand in this, Like, Father, I know this is you. You're the only one who can do this. It is so weird when he's like, father, I know it's you, I know what you fathered goes down.
Speaker 1: He says, I hate you, father, I will make you and then he dies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you know they're they're trying to get this code up, but they are still getting their butts whooped by him, and they're like, Hank, hurry up. And it's installing, and it's installing, and then yeah, it finally as Ultras like, you know what, I'm tired of this. I'm just going to destroy all of you. You serve you have no value, you serve no purpose. And then the last of the code hits and he hits them with the I hate you father, I will make you and then he just collapses power down and Thorpe just goes straight through and bust him to pieces names for the head.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you get Sue and Wolverine kind of conference saying all right, you've got your kids back. You were back, we saved the universe. But then we get this kind of like mind numbing thing going through all of the universe, and we see Wolverine coming back and like going through all the different versions of himself, Tony's going through it, Nova's going through it, like everyone's experiencing this, and like reality looks to be breaking, and we get to this idea like we see Hank, Hank McCoy, Hank Pim, Tony talking.
Speaker 2: About like basically.
Speaker 1: They understand like what happened in that Wolverine and Seuxstorm have broken reality and they don't know what the effects are. We don't know how long this is effected, what's going to be effects of it. We kind of go to the Ultimate Universe with Miles. We're swinging through. We see Galactus coming through. That's not their version of Galactus. That was a very screwed up version of This is our Galactus at is now in the Ultimate Universe.
Speaker 2: We know what that leads to.
Speaker 1: If you read comics. We now fan out and we see a character by the name of Angela coming back into the fray. Good luck reading into the history of that. That is a character. I believe rememory, my memory is correct that it was a character created by Todd McFarlane or no, no, no, not to a friend. No, no, Neil Gamon, Neil Gamon. This was a Neil game in.
Speaker 2: Creation, if I'm not mistaken, created by both Neil Gamen and Tom McFarlane. Oh okay, so I was right up both. I'm gonna say I did know that that it was Todd mcfalland, and if you see the way that she is drawn, you will go, yeah, that's a Todd mcfalland character. Yep.
Speaker 1: So, And so that's how we kind of end, like we don't know what's going to happen. This doesn't aid neatly. This leads to other events that are coming down the line. But we will finish up when David returns in two weeks with age of Ultron ten A dot I you know ten Ai. So we'll conclude with that. Yep so, But all right, and we'll give our thoughts on that at the point. So all right, Well, started late because of technical issues got bumped off for technical issues at that point. Glad the show did not completely cut off because I would not have wanted to deal with that kind of nightmare. So thank you all for dealing with us with this. For those of you that are listening to actually not watching it, you'll just say what happened, I didn't notice it. Travis Nell is amazing with editing. I'm gon put that on the record of that one. Thank you for an apologies upfront for that. But yeah, so we will see I will see you next week with mister Hines joining us for the final four episodes of Spider Noir, and David will be back non live for episode three hundred and we'll be hopefully back the following week live. But yeah, safe travels to you, and but yeah, tell people they can follow you.
Speaker 2: You can follow me on all socials at the Phantom. You can follow me here on the Keek First Network. As part of our wrestling showed the Game. We have a show coming up this Sunday. We will be going live after clat ww's Clash in the Castle. It takes place a little bit earlier than our normal pay per views because it's live from Italy. So don't have an exact time when it's go, So look out for the gig first socials to look out for my socials and we'll go from there.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you can follow me in all the socials at Chris Balga you can. What else can you do? You can also you can flatch me. Jake and I are from The Brave and the Boys. We're getting ready to record. Actually time of recording tomorrow night. If you're listening to this today Friday, our next news August, I believe in August July. Yeah, I think it's August solicits for the for the new Solictens sets. It drop getting our picks that points to check that out when it does drop on the Brave and the Boys channel soon you can catch You can catch the podcast, follow the podcast on Twitter at marvel a Podcast. You can email the show at marvel a Podcast at gmail dot com. You can follow the geeglesmind Lines network at guapod network. Feel free to tweet email if you want tovide feedback. Again, send those questions in for episode three hundred again, we are recording Wednesday night, not live, so get those questions in. We'll be happy to answer them. In any way, shape or form, continue, rate and review the Apple podcast and Apple spotif on Apple Podcast Spotify all those all the choices at that point, and as always, want to thank our official sponsor, Panel Bound Comics dot com use that code MARVELGUA to get two dollars off every single order or mgua sit for five percent off all when you order four and more books together. Thank you all for listening, Thank y'all for watching us in the chat, Thank you for watching us live. Stay safe out there, everyone, and a stand the man would say, fix elsier, true believers. All right, David, what do you got for? Post credits tonight? All right?
Speaker 2: Post credits discussion. According to Variety, Stanley's voice and likeness have been licensed for use with AI. According to a report by Variety, Marvel Comics has long resurrected iconic characters for second action. Now eleven Labs is doing the same for Marvel's most famous creator, stan Lee in a sense. The AI Audio company on Wednesday said it struck an expansive deal with stan Lee Universe, the joint venture between Genius Brands International and Pal Entertainment, to add the late Marvel Comic writers, voice and likeness to the eleven Labs Iconic marketplace. It's collective of celebrity personality, voices, and likeness is that companies can license for commercial use. Now, this has been a thing with some other people in the past getting their their voices license and stuff like that, and this company is known for striking deals with people in including Matthew McConaughey, Michael Caine and other celebrities. Think they have the rights to John Wayne and some others to be able to use. So with that being said, you know, Stanley's no longer with us, so he can't really have a say over what happens with his his voice, image and likeness. So my question is what does this look like for future appearances of the Marvel icon and what are your overall thoughts on something like this when it comes to the Departed and their voice and likeness being used in this way.
Speaker 1: Not a fan of AI that in that kind of sense, because I've seen like they're putting him in complic art. They have free rein to use it in different ways, like when you start saying, oh, yeah, they can use the likeness and when they're AI is pulling is creating art, they're stealing from other artists in different ways, Like they're taking things that they have access to and do their credit. It is new, and so with that in mind, they're not getting compensated with that the artists that they're using it for. I don't care what they say right now, because if it's taking from the internet, the one's not getting paid for.
Speaker 2: The Stanley estate.
Speaker 1: He's not alive. There's been so many different things of who's like, who's benefiting from this. They're trying to use his words to justify this. At this point. The end of Stanley's life was very fraught with a lot of people not treating him well. The people that should have didn't. I understand where they say like, oh, new generation can get to experience Stanley and things like that, when they've got those hologram ones of Stanley that didn't come off well. I don't think many people who got to experience that necessarily thought that was great. I don't care much for it period. I don't want I don't think we need to have stan Lee appear using AI in future movies things like that. I don't like it. I think it's not going to come off well. I don't think it's necessary. This seems to be a cash grab for someone and it's not going to benefit the right people.
Speaker 2: You know, that's me.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't care much for it.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I read the story. It made me feel icky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same same here. Not not not a fan, especially when it is now licensed for for sale and families or you know, those closest to the creator no longer had any control over it. This sold this off in is free use now. So yeah not definitely not not a fan and don't like this direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so unfortunate, you know, not happy post credits. But it's a story that well worth talking about. So all right, I will see you all next week for the final four episodes of Spider Man Noir with mister Hines. We will see you. You will experience episode three weeks and see who are their special guests are going to be. And but yeah, we will see you all very soon. Enjoy your weekend. Thank you, thank you all for dealing with some of the technical difficulties we had to deal with tonight, and really appreciate you all and see you all soon.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye.