Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen in this corner from the University of Colorado, thirty years in the rain, fighting for truth, justice, and the American Way.
Speaker 2: A most gorgeous afternoon. Glad you are here. One of the most exciting times in American history to be alive. I mean, think about what we've had already right up until September twelfth, twenty twenty four. But what is to come between now and election day. It is mind blowing. So I want to open it today with President Trump. As you know, it came out and he said there is not going to be a rematch, not going to be a second debate. Do you think he's right or wrong on that? Do you think it's going to help or hurt him? Now? Harris already doing what I'm sure he and you expected, which is sort of building her campaign around it right now. See, he's chicken, he's afraid, he me it's in a mission. I crushed him all this and that, so you know, she'll obviously beat that drum for a long time to come. But right, a wrong decision by the president. So that is the breaking news right now. Let's come out with that eight five five four zero five eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine already great texts coming in, So I want to get to text today. But I have to say that to me, one of the great developments of this campaign is and this is one of the most fun things in a very long time, right, how it has become a true cultural phenomenon now, which by the way, is going to help Trump. And i'd like you're taking that, especially if you disagree, but how do you top this? And it's one of those things, right, It is involuntary, it's the way we're created. This just now has probably burrowed into your brain and you will never stop hearing this. This is kind of a dramatic prelude, but once we get there, it's well worth the wait. Yeah, wea the cat.
Speaker 3: They're eating the dogs. They're eating the cats. Eat the cat, eat the cat. They're eating the dogs. They're eating the cats, eat the cat.
Speaker 2: Eat eat the cat. They're eating the dogs.
Speaker 3: They're eating the cats, eat the cat, eat the cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if you see the video and the video is cat sweeping there social media at this point it originated, Thank you very much. I think we see the thief of elopin here. But yeah, so it's all over social It started on TikTok, and the basic demo there are some variations, is it's usually an attractive young lady who's dancing to this song while mimicking the words, right, And this is just if you're not in a social media This is kind of a template that's been going around for years now, where you have people dance to someone else speaking the words. And this thing is I don't know how many millions of views it has right now. And the reason I think it helps Trump in the end is listen, whether or not these stories are true about folks here illegally eating cats and ducks from the park and things like that, Whether or not it's true, it caused attention to an undeniable reality, which is that the decision of Biden and Harris to just open that border and let everybody in without vetting has brought, along with the good people, has brought a lot of really, really bad, dangerous people. So, whether or not cats and dogs are getting killed by some of the people here illegally, certainly women are and women are being raped. And that is that the brutal, completely unacceptable reality that every American is aware of so you've got this kind of funny thing about eating cats and dogs and everything else, that's just it's a delivery system for this much more serious and important message. So eight five five four zer a five eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. So I'm going to be talking about that. I can't wait to get your take on whether Trump a good move or bad move to say no second debate word out there. Don't know if it's true or not, but all over social media that there's going to be an ABC whistleblower coming forward making some revelations about things that happened at ABC before they rig this debate, engaged in this blatant election interference, and committed journalistic malpractice. So we'll keep you posted and see if anything comes of that. Some more poll results out today that we have to talk about first, because I like to put a smile on your face. Second, I think it leads to this very large question of all of the harm that was done to the Harris campaign as a result of that debate the other night. So I want to get into that and start to break that down with you. Let's go to Linda in Netherlands, you're on the dan Kaplas show. Welcome.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: My oppinion, I think that Trump should do another debate what's Camelo, but only on Fox Snooze. I No, she won't do it, so she would be the chicken.
Speaker 2: Well but thank you, Linda, because a lot of smart people are saying that. But let's break that down. If Trump comes out and says, Okay, I'll do another debate, but only on Fox News, at that point she says, see, he's a chicken. He'll only do it on Fox News, so that, you know, I think still leaves them with that issue. But my other concern, Linda is wait a second. This race is arking in his favor right now, and what Harris is incredibly fearful of is the fact that now there's an open playing field than the VP debate, which is certain to go in the GOP's favor. There's an open playing field now between today and election day, and Trump gets to fill that with all this video of harrising, all these insane things which prove that she's a crazy, wild eyed radical. So why would you want to why would you want to distract from that? That's why she wants the second debate, right for a lot of reasons. She really needs it, but she also wants to to fill up all of that space with something other than a constant focus on who she really is.
Speaker 5: Well, I understand all that, but I still think it would be the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Linda, sure appreciate that call eight five five for zero five eight two five five. I think Trump is a great in a great position now to just say, wait a second. I have done two debates, two debates against two different candidates. I knocked the first guy out. That should have been the end of the race, right, But then they have some back room deal and the cabal replaces him and installs her. And then I do a second debate on her terms. And guess what I come out of that debate ahead. I come out of that debate ahead. She doesn't gain in the polls. Now she wants a third debate, give me a break, you know, let's say, let her go out and do a bunch of interviews. You know, it's stop hiding from the press, go out there and answer these tough questions. So now I think he's in a strong position to say that. I think it is an extraordinarily wise move tactically, because you know what Clint said, right, A man's got to know his limitations, every single one of us. We have our strengths and we have our weaknesses. That format is not his strength, that's not his fault. He has some incredible strengths that most people don't have. They just don't fit that format in particular. And for whatever reason, he doesn't want to do traditional debate preps. So that's fine, Hey, be really realistic about where your best arenas are and go out and operate in those arenas, particularly after you've already debated twice here. And he does not get enough credit for the good stuff he did on Tuesday night. See that. This is the amazing phenomenon, right, And it's so easy to get caught up in. There is so much frustration, and I share it, believe me, because President Trump missed so many opportunities the other night. He had so many openings he didn't take. But at the same time, she missed bigger opportunities. She missed her one and only opportunity, and I'll get to that in a second. But at the same time Trump missed all those opportunities, he did some really important things very well. You know, repeatedly hammering on immigration, great distinction when it came to foreign policy, the economy, etc. He did some of those things very well. He also avoided any major gaffs, and I I thought his temperament, you know, overall, was very good under those incredibly difficult circumstances. So I think that all the good stuff gets lost because of the frustration over the missed openings. But then so many people are failing to consider she had one shot. This was her one shot to address the core concern of those undecided voters, which is, who the hell is she? What does she really believe? You know, can I believe she's really changed these positions? So you gotta tell me, comly, you got it, tell me, you know, why did you change the positions? What are your positions now? But above all, why did you change? She had one opportunity to talk to the American people about that, and she blew it. She never addressed that, She never explained it. Close second is the fact she never explained what she says she would really do now. So ironically right, the so called moderators who protected her the entire time literally jumped into the ring and debated themselves with Trump to protect her. They protected her to the point where she never did what she had to do to win this race. Now, of course, the reason they did that is they know that had they not protected her the way they did, she would have collapsed. I mean she literally she wouldn't have been quite as bad as Biden, but it would have been close. There would have been a collapse if she had not been dishonestly protected the way she was. I'll give you specifics when we come back eight five to five for zero five eight two five to five. But the lead question, because it's the breaking news this afternoon, President Trump says there's not going to be another debate. He's done two. He's not going to do a third. Right or wrong. You think that is going to help or hurt him. You're on the Dan Kapla show. This is on CBS, believe it or not.
Speaker 4: And so I talked to twenty voters that one of them was undecided. Wow, Michigan and headlines come and go. But let me tell you, this support for former President Trump is real and resilient. I encountered that everywhere I went. And that's something the Harris campaign knows recognized as the fact in Michigan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's CBS post debate and a Michigan pull out today and it says it's post debate. But I believe it takes about a week to really see that the Poles settle in after one of these. But it had Trump up a points. So yeah, and think about the panic in the Harris camp right because she cannot have a better night. I mean, she was totally protected. She missed a lot of opportunities. She cannot have a better night. And if the Poles don't move substantially in her favor now, it can only mean one thing. Okay, the American people see it and they say, nah, to the phone lines, let's go to Mead Colorado. Tom, you're on the Dan Kaplish'll.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Hi, Dan, How are you.
Speaker 2: Living the dream? Thank you?
Speaker 6: You and I rarely disagree, but your take on the debate I'm going to disagree with. I thought his demeanor was terrible. He was negative, he was angry, and she got up under his grill. I mean, just like like she tried to and he had and to your good point, he had every opportunity to bring up capital gains tax taxes on unrealized gains. I mean, that was a kitchen table deal, you know, issue to bring up, and that's really what people want to bring up. But instead he starts talking about eating cats and dogs. He was awful, and I knew he.
Speaker 4: Was with me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so at least you're in an open minded Tom. Yeah. Listen, I'd like everybody else who has voted for him in the past, wants him to win this time. I was literally sitting there screaming. I mean, as she baited him with stuff like grelly size, I was yelling out loud in my basement, No, no, don't do it. And of course he did it. But but we've also got to remember, my friend, okay, that that is part of his success formula, because I understand, you know, we're sitting there and we're looking at how close these swing states appear, and you know, you have to broaden your appeal and you have to peel the suburban moms and this and that. But that is not Trump's formula. Clearly. Trump's formula is massive turnout among the people who already support him and the people who normally don't vote, and so he's got a different path he's pursuing to get there, and so so much of what he said and did that night I think supports that other path, but it did drive me crazy. So I mean, we could sit here together and come up with fifty.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: And when you're the man in the arena the way he was, and you're up against those time constraints, you're up against the so called moderators who are actually Harris staffers in effect. Yeah, it's easy to say from the comfort of my man cave. So let's say that you've got these ten or fifteen clear open shots you can take. I would expect the best candidate on his or her best night to maybe get five verse six of those in. But but yeah, that the fact he whiffed on almost all of them is frustrating. But Tom, he did so many things well you're not giving him credit for, and it's showing up in the polls right now. I mean, how does he extend his lead in the CNN poll on the most important issue of the economy if he was as bad as you say he is.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you that's true, and you're right, But I really you know, he had a perfect opportunity to bring up this insanity about taxing unrealized things and I know that applies to people one hundred million dollars in up network, but still it's going to affect other you know, more other investments, you know, all the private equity crowd and everything else.
Speaker 2: You know, and listen, we could go through a long list right now, right, And I'm sure that if you sat down with my wife, she could give you a long, long list of opportunities I missed, you know what I mean, or things I could have done better. And she's very supportive, So I don't mean to make it sound that way, but I'm sure your wife could do the same, you know, not about me, but about you.
Speaker 6: The debate, did she make it good?
Speaker 2: We were in opposite states, and and she is such a caring and loving partner that she had the good sense to not even text me during the debate because yes, yeah, but but no, Tom, I mean, he did so many things well and that's the only way you can explain, right, the fact that that he is not losing ground after this debate and it was her very best night possible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you're right there. I mean, you know, a lot of pundage are coming out and saying it's really not gonna move it needily either way, which is a relief that that makes me feel better.
Speaker 2: But doesn't that go back Tom to who actually won the debate? Because how are we going to define winning? It seems to me when you're running for president that the only way you define winning is did you do in that debate what you needed to do to win the presidency? He did. Part of it was avoiding gaffes, part of it was being very strong on the issues that matter most to voters. And and she didn't because she hasn't moved the needles. So how do you say she won when she didn't do what she needed to win the presidency and he did. Now, the fact he had all these missed opportunities, Yeah, he could have absolutely buried her, He could have bidonized her. That race could be obviously over in everybody's mind. They could be looking for ways to replace her now. But the fact is he did what he needed to do to win the presidency. She didn't. How is that not a win?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, you know we can always see on this November.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we will. That's it's going to be so quick right now, Thank you, Tom, sure to appreciate that. Let's go to Dean and Arvada. You're on the Dan Kapla show. Welcome, Hey Dan, thank you.
Speaker 8: I wanted to bring up one point. I don't know why the GUP seems to just shoot themselves in the foot. Why don't they come up with an unconventional debate scenario where they I'm bringing my moderator, you pick yours. We'll have great questions that our moderators can come up with from each team. And I don't care if you know the questions. Obviously they're gonna know him, but they won't know the opposites about moderators questions. And then it's fair. You don't have to leave.
Speaker 6: Saying that was not moderated for you know, Trump could take Tucker Carlson or Dan Bunjoni Gongenio.
Speaker 8: You know I can't even call Yeah, and you know he knows he's going to get a fair shake.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, but tell me, why do you want a second debate? Why does Trump need a second No?
Speaker 8: No, no, at this point, at this point, he doesn't need one. I'm just saying he should have went into this a little bit more guard.
Speaker 2: He had no choice. O he's on Dean. He had no choice. Remember, at the time this debate was agreed to. I mean, after Harris was installed, she had all this momentum, she was on this sugar high, her numbers kept going up. He was being chilling to the debate. He had no leverage, he had no bargaining power. It was either agreed to that debate so we'd at least have one opportunity to show America who she really is or look really weak. He had no choice. She had the leverage. Now the worm is turned. Now he has the leverage. She desperately needs his second debate because she didn't get done what she needed to in the first one.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, I totally I agree with you, But the thing is, I mean you can't just say, okay, you win the debate.
Speaker 7: We're not in.
Speaker 8: It's like it was three on one and we all know that I listened to your show every day.
Speaker 2: Well thank you, but and I've got to go nowday. I do apologize after this hard break, but you know, in terms of winning and losing, don't the voters get to decide that? And all indications in the polls are right now she did not get it done.
Speaker 3: Eat the cat, Eat the cat. They're eating the dogs, they're eating the cats eat the cat, the cat.
Speaker 2: Finally a song I can dance to eight five five ur zero five A two five to five the number. Now that's not nice right there? You can text us DA in five seven, seventh thirty nine. Hey, the breaking news this afternoon that we're getting your take on fascinating text on both sides of this. Is President Trump's decision, I think a brilliant one not to agree to a third debate. So we'll get back to that in a second. But have the great opportunity to talk to George Brockler here, candidate for DA in Colorado's new twenty third George, have you been officially declared the winner yet or is there still a technicality out there to be fulfilled?
Speaker 7: No? No, no, there there's thank you for having me on DAN. No, there's a there's a candidate on the other side presenting a Democrat thing. We had our first and only debate on the same night as the presidential No first, no planned our first, I swear no. It was a Douglas Elbert Bar association. It was scheduled like two months ago, and then the presidential one dropped on us, and it was still greatly attendant. It only overlapped ours went to about seven thirty or so. But people game, it was packed.
Speaker 2: Really it was impressed. Yeah, that's impressed. But wow, So Georgia, if you're new to the planet, was a great DA out in Repo when it was both a Repo and Douglas. Now they're split and he'll be the new DA in Douglas and has a column out. I really want to talk with you about, you know, about how revolving door makes sentencing a first in Colorado. But before we go there, obviously, what everybody's water cooler done now is the aftermath of the debate. So your take on who won, who lost, and Trump right or wrong to say no to numeral three.
Speaker 7: You know, I listened to you every day and your analysis always makes me think because your perspective is one that I don't take when I'm sitting there watching it, but it resonates with me. My takeaway was this wasn't game setter match for Kamala Harris. I don't know that she won any votes there. I think the disparity in performance was based on the fact that, you know, we had set the bars so low for her, even in anticipating that ABC would come to her rescue and she'd be uber prepared and that's just not Trump's style and all that stuff. The disparity in terms of the perception, I think made it okay for some who were like, I don't know if I can vote for her, and now feel like I think I can vote for her, And maybe it provided a little bit of energy to the youth. Do I think it makes a difference in the overall outcome of the election? I don't. This feels a lot like twenty sixteen to me, Dan, this feels like, ye, We're gonna go to bed at night on that Tuesday, and Trump pulled this thing out.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's right in the comparisons to sixteen, because Trump had a horrible first debate in sixteen against Hillary Clinton, still the most watched debate in American history, we don't have these numbers yet, and still pulled it out and again pulled it out, what three weeks after the Access Hollywood tapes came out. So and I don't. I think he did a lot of good things Tuesday. He had all those missed opportunities that frustrated all of us, But I think he did a lot of good things. I didn't see any major gaffs or anything close to a major gaff.
Speaker 7: What about you, No, it's the major gaff. You know the problem with Trump if he has an achilles heel, if he is prone to sometimes chasing things that you and I would sit there and go, dude, don't take don't chase that. You've got all the policies, you've got all the past performance, don't chase the small stuff. But there's that little bit of a kitten in him where if you throw out a yarn ball man, he's going to try to bat it.
Speaker 2: And then the other fact that listen you talk about it sixteen all over again. I agree with you on that. And big part of sixteen was a whole lot of folks voting you normally don't vote, and then massive turnout among the folks who do support him. Because we all know, right you've been in the arena you are now that it's not about who tells upholstery. I prefer that guy. It's who cares enough to go out and vote. And the intensity of support for Trump, I think is going to wharf that of Harris, particularly among the folks who don't normally vote. So I think part of what we saw the other night was meant to, you know, continue to appeal to those folks who you know aren't looking for the typical message. Right, But what about this decision?
Speaker 7: She again her willingness, her willingness to openly avoid any questions, Like you didn't really need to have her there. She could have recorded her answers in advance and just they could have asked well, and she could have pressed like press one, press three. I mean, these are all the rehearsed answers. She didn't really ever respond to the things about crime, is the economy better today than it was? I mean, none of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, and tell me if you agree with me and this George Brockler with us. I was telling folks yesterday, My belief is that you know, right now, voters believe candidates on both sides lie. And I compare the swing state undecided voters right now to jurors because they know they know everybody wants something from them. So when somebody comes in who wants something from you, just like a juror, you know, hearing arguments from both sides in the trial, and the person who wants something from you is not willing to answer a direct question, a really important direct question. I think Kamala Harris hurt herself gravely by not being willing to answer these really critical direct questions George. I mean, here's Jake Tapper on that.
Speaker 4: Vice President Harris began the debate by punting the first question on the economy.
Speaker 6: Do you believe Americans are better off than they were four years ago?
Speaker 9: So I was raised as a middle class kid, and I am actually the only person on this stage who has a plan that is about lifting up the middle class and working people of America.
Speaker 2: They went on from there, despite Yeah, he's disgusted with the George and he's disgusted rrect because the people on the land, you have to want to win this race, and they know that if Harris won't answer these direct questions, it's going to turn off voters. I mean, you have tried so many cases, you know, hasn't it been your experience that when you're cross examining a witness and they will not answer a pivotal direct question, it's better for you than any answer they could have given.
Speaker 7: It is, especially when the jury picks up on the fact and sometimes it requires a follow up question, and that's where Mirr and his colleague failed America. You ask the question a second time, you get the non answer, and then jurors are like, I get it. They're not going to ever give us the answer.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: One of the fascinating things in this and you've hit this pretty hard, is CNN. What is going on over at CNN that like, you don't expect this. And I'm not just talking about from Jay Capper. I'm talking about the other stuff you put on, Like who got in CNN's head and said, did the CNN feel like they were rejected by the Harris team? And so they're like, well, we'll show you or what this new birth of journalism? What's that about?
Speaker 2: Well, what I think it's about, George is that I think many on the left now see that the worst thing that could happen to the left, which now has the Democratic Party as a tool, is for her to win. Because if she wins, she is going to be so terrible in the job. It's going to get them wiped out in the mid terms. It's going to get them wiped out in twenty eight and all this supposed great young talent they have is going to be on the bench for eight years. And here's the kicker, my friend. They're not getting They're not getting any Scotus appointments in the next four years, and so they're going to suffer all this damage through her terrible presidency without even getting a Supreme Court pick.
Speaker 7: I'm worried. I mean, I worry about Look, there are so many issues across the globe, but the sleeping giant over there, at least in terms of perception for Americans is China and the South China Sea and had one. I mean, who do you want behind the White House desk? Yeah, when that thing breaks loose in twenty twenty seven, because that's coming, oh man, coming.
Speaker 2: And again I think that's why so many on the left now do not want her to win, because they know she's going to be a disaster and it's going to damage the party for a long time to come. Hey, can you stick around for another segment? I do want to get to your great column, revolving Door, make sentencing a farce in Colorado, George Brockler with me. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 9: Former Vice President Dick Cheney and Congresswoman Liz Cheney are supporting me as well.
Speaker 2: You know this is like exhibit Z right, just just the craziest presidential race of our lifetime. So you've got wild eyed, far left wing radical Kamala Harris up there bragging about support from Dick Cheney right, and George before we get to your great column about revolving door sentencing in Colorado. It's another area where I think Trump won the other night was when it comes to war in peace. I mean, think about it. We've got the Republican running as the peace candidate, and we've got the Democrat running as the war candidate. And we've got the Democrat saying Dick Cheney supports me, and Donald Trump saying, hey, we're risking a nuclear World War three. So it's fascinating I think, and listen, I don't. I think Putin is Satan on Earth and he's raping and pillaging Ukraine and he shouldn't get away with it. But I don't think America wants to sign a blank check now for an open ended whatever it takes to defeat Vladimir Putin in Ukraine. And I think Trump politically right now, is on the right side of that issue.
Speaker 7: Oh well, listen, I don't want to see a single American boot inside Ukraine that that would be ridiculous. But I'll say this, the idea that maybe your European partners, who you man, we carry the lion share of the effort. If they could just chip in a couple extra bucks here and there, how much more could we do or how much of the burden could we take off of ourselves. Why is that such a controversial thing for Trump to say?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think it is. That's why I think, politically is on the right side of this issue. I don't want Putin to get his way. I do want Ukraine to prevail. But right now the Harris position, the Harris position is whatever it takes to defeat Putin. And when you're talking about whatever it takes against the nuclear power versus a guy who's saying, hey, I just want the war to end. I just want to make peace. I think that's going to benefit him greatly come election date. But hey, George, tell us about this Colin. By the way, those who don't know, George was a great DA in o Repo and he's running for DA in Douglas. What's your website?
Speaker 7: Just George Brockler dot com Traditional Healing.
Speaker 2: How much did you pay a consultant for that.
Speaker 7: It was available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, so tell folks about this revolving door sentencing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so here's what I did. I was asked, what are some things that Colorado could do, Colorado voters could do to try to make up for what the legislature and policts have done to our criminal justice system. And one of the things a bunch of us agreed on is we need to have real truth and sentencing right now. We don't right now. For folks that don't know this, the law says on paper that if you're a violent criminal, you have to serve seventy five percent of your sentence before you're parole eligible. But once you factor in good time, earn time, didn't rape my cellmate this week time, it actually functions more like forty three percent before you're parole eligible, and you get about eighteen months off of that at the back end to get into community correction. This is fake sentencing and it hasn't made us safer. We have one of the highest recidivism rates in the country. And so you know, with this Truth and Sentencing proposal, this one twelve, it's on the ballot, it's an opportunity to say all right legislature and POLIS and the police appointed Parole Board. If you don't get it, we do. We're going to change the law to mandate that violent felons must serve eighty five percent of their time before their paroles. So I do this deep dive into all the numbers that are out there, and I don't think people have any idea that even though there's been a twenty eight percent increase in violent crime over the last ten years, we have a lower prison population now than we did at that time. We have two thousand less prisoners today than we did just three years or five years ago in July twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: It explains crime, the less crime.
Speaker 7: It's not of the crime, it's just we're not sending people to prisoner keeping them there.
Speaker 2: George, Where can people learn more about this because I don't think it's been on the radar. Did this ballot measure?
Speaker 7: No? Yeah? Yeah? First off, Advanced Colorado Michael Fields, who's a buddy, and KBB Christy Burton Brown have been great at getting this thing up on the ballot. You can go to the Advanced Colorado dot org website. You can also just Google Gazette and this column revolving door prison and the statistics that I put in here I didn't expect to see. But the bottom line is the ACLU since about twenty fifteen twenty eighteen has dominated the legislature and they've had their way. They said their goal in twenty eighteen was to cut our prison population by fifty percent, not the rate of crime, just the prison population by fifty percent, and they are rapidly approaching some sort of momentum. We can't stop with that, man.
Speaker 2: And I love what Advanced Colorado and some others are doing and saying, Okay, listen, anything with the Red Jersey is just getting shot at the polls and election day. We're going to go win it through ballot measures until we can start winning these state wide races. And they're making some real progress there, so I'm glad this is part of that.
Speaker 7: I agreed, I listen. The initiative process is really the last tool for regular old Coloradoans like we know, like our neighbors, to have a voice in government, because it is clear that the people we are sending to represent us in most of the places, including the state office, they just don't care what we think.
Speaker 2: Man. And while I've got you let me ask you this. You know, you see all of these arguments from the left right now that that wait a second, statistics show crime is actually dropping, crime is not increasing, et cetera. I know you know these stats and the stats that come from these different entities inside and out. Which is it Colorado America crime on the rise or crime dropping.
Speaker 7: We had a crime tsunami, for sure, Colorado did. And I predicted this thing before it hit, before the COVID. We have seen some decrease in those numbers. But this idea that we're going to use an FBI database that has a brand new methodology for calculating crimes and oh, by the way, doesn't include every agency that's out there, that's fake. If you look at the FBI's numbers on victim reporting of crimes, yeah, we're still experiencing an increase in crime everywhere. I don't get the apologies for this, whether it's the Aurora, you know, apartment complexes with the Venezuelans, it just seems like people want to go out of their way to say, don't believe you're lying.
Speaker 2: Well, right, obviously the left has to deny what's true, or else the left gets bet at the polls, just like tonight. Oh no, no abortion in the ninth month isn't allowed anywhere. Well, come to Colorado that they brag about allowing it up till the moment that baby's delivered. So if the left lies, because if people knew the truth, they wouldn't vote for the left.
Speaker 7: That's right, that's right. I think at this point, this ballot initiative process that advanced Colorado has figured out that the next approach the left will taker twofold one Dan what sentencing passes, and it does. They're going to then cut down the maximum sentence for all the crimes across the board. That's what they'll do to address this. And the second thing they'll do is they'll attack the petition process to a constitutional amendment. They don't want us to have the power.
Speaker 2: Final question. And then you know, once the election's over come on in, let's just sit down and talk about all this stuff from how or two? But is there a path back for the GOP in Colorado to regularly winning statewide? Hey? Unfair question, right, we got twenty seconds. If George solve all the world's problems in thirteen point six seconds, you can do that. That's why you're George Brocler.
Speaker 7: You on Saturday at the showdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking forward to that, my friend. Thanks, thanks for the time today, George Brockler, good Man, great ta Hey when we come back. Trump has said no to a third debate. Do you think he's right or wrong? Will it help or hurt? I think it's brilliant and it will help. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.