Speaker 1: The Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 3: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the only show if it's kind of anywhere in the universe where we are solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, making life just a little easier. A record setting forty five years on the air, the same show, still on the air, stame host.
Speaker 4: Who the hell knows how long we're gonna do it? But what's the alternative? Golf? Come on, people? You know I think about myself. I think about what I'd be doing if I wasn't doing radio. What the hell? I don't know if I'd be up to any good.
Speaker 3: I like fun, but you know, when you really love your work, there's really no differentia, a differentiation too fun and all of that.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's on your mind? And how can we help you?
Speaker 3: I asked that every single day, And what I was alluding to before was a master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation.
Speaker 4: He hardly knows which is which.
Speaker 3: He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he's doing and leaves others to determine whether he's working or playing.
Speaker 4: Now, I read that to somebody one time, and they said, and by the way, if you see the white chat here, I have my buddy with me, Mark kunkled with probid energy dot com and other entrepreneurial pursuits. But anyway, somebody said to me Mark and companies listening, They said, I don't agree where that. I want to have my leisure time. I want my down time, and then you know, and then I want my work time. And I but I said, I'm not disagreeing with that.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is if you make no distinctions and you enjoy stuff and pursue passions, there there really isn't much of a distinction.
Speaker 4: And I really mean that. Oh come on, every once in a while you might say I don't want to get up today, I don't want to do this, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: But in reality, I think people can tell when people love what they're doing. Now I have a text here that just says, Tom, yes it's me. Because people can't believe I gave out my personal Google number, which forwards to my cell phone, and here it is seven four seven nine nine eighty. That's my person that's forwarded to myself. So I get these texts, and I've been solving a lot of problems off the air, so or getting you on the air. Now, Carrie, welcome to the show. You're on with Mark.
Speaker 4: And Tom and and since Mark's a smart fella or a fart smeller whatever, a far smart fella, I'm going to ask him the chime in on other stuff. But yeah, you said you might have come across a scam. I think you you wanted to talk about this. Are you the one that called toward the end yesterday? But anyway, what is this scam? You? What is this scam you think you came across?
Speaker 5: Carry Well, I'm just asking your advice. I saw a bill from a company called Transworld Systems, Inc. For a bill with T Mobile phone?
Speaker 4: Now what is what is trans World What is it system?
Speaker 5: I don't have any idea, Okay, he says, trans World system Inc. Is the collection company?
Speaker 3: Now is it system Singular? Oh that's a collection agency? Okay, So in the trans World system and what are they collecting for.
Speaker 6: T Mobile?
Speaker 4: Now? What do they say you owe for?
Speaker 5: Doesn't but how do.
Speaker 3: You know Okay, wait, wait, wait, wait, you know it's for T Mobile, so it must be they must say something.
Speaker 6: Nope.
Speaker 5: It gives an account number, says I own three.
Speaker 4: Does it say T Mobile? Does it say T Mobile? Yes?
Speaker 5: You okay had and T Mobile account and it gives an account number.
Speaker 4: Okay. Does it say does it say when you had the account?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Did you have the account?
Speaker 4: No, You've never had a T Mobile account?
Speaker 6: Nope.
Speaker 5: I've been with three companies in my lifetime, right, so why.
Speaker 3: Don't you just throw that notice out? It's called a shotgun approach. That's what it's called a shotgun approach. They have somebody with a similar name.
Speaker 4: Possibly.
Speaker 3: No one can collect anything from you until they take you to court, so the own So if they ever serve you to go to court, you show up and say it's not me.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're confident you never had it, forget it.
Speaker 3: I would not even waste I don't even waste a breath on this stuff. When people tell me I've gotten notices like that where they either got me mixed up or they're trying to resurrect something that was in my past that I don't even remember.
Speaker 4: I said, you know what, take me to court.
Speaker 3: That's what I say, Yeah, because if I legitimately, if I legitimately owe something, I'm going to pay it. Now, let me tell people some of the other possibilities. When you get notices and it lacks detail. Thank you for calling carry, I would throw it away. Now here are some.
Speaker 4: Of the possibilities.
Speaker 3: The collectors sometimes go into a company and they say, I'm going to buy your collectibles.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: They pay pretty good money for things thirty days past due, so sometimes people don't sell those. Then they pay less money for sixty days, and even less money for ninety days or one hundred and twenty days or a year or two years. When it goes up to three and four and five, they pay less. And then when they buy a bundle of collectibles, they then have the authority to collect or maybe they do right if they do it properly. But really what happens is this is really important that you know this. They are also getting stuff that's six years old and older, and they get that like free.
Speaker 4: They just give them everything.
Speaker 3: Now, this company will put some lackeys on the six years and older and had them send out notices. And what they say is Hey, you had a bill and you owe us money.
Speaker 4: Technically, you still owe them money.
Speaker 3: Technically, though in Colorado and many other states, depending on the state, six years is the cutoff forgetting a judgment, so there's no legal teeth in a bill. In fact, they virtually can't collect it. But technically you still owe it. I mean, if I loaned you one hundred dollars and six years went by, you still owe me the money. I couldn't do anything about it. But you still owe me the money.
Speaker 4: So what do they do. They have a number of tricks. One they can.
Speaker 3: Say, you know, you owe us the money. It's a legitimate debt. Let's make it go away. Let's settle it. Give us so much, twenty five dollars, maybe something small enough. You might say, okay, But they don't really send you a receipt. They just send you a receipt for payment, or they say just make a payment of a few bucks a month.
Speaker 6: Whatever.
Speaker 3: What they've done is taken an expired debt and they converted it to an active debt. And now that six years starts counting again, They've just tricked you. They've just resurrected that debt. That's why it's called credit or collection ghosting. So if you get old debts like that, forget them, don't respond, don't do anything. If you get more recent debts, make them document everything. If you think it's not you don't respond or do anything at all.
Speaker 8: Well, Tom, I've got a quick a question here about that though, because I think Tea Mobile merged with Sprint a year or two ago, So maybe it could be an old Sprint bill for carry here.
Speaker 4: Maybe could be if he had Sprint, if you had Sprint.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's a good point, because when companies merge, they often take the authority to collect old debts, So.
Speaker 4: It could be.
Speaker 3: It could be, but most of the time companies don't do that. And the reason they don't assume collectibles is because they would have to assume pables.
Speaker 4: I have a new way to get out of collection, Tom, what is that?
Speaker 9: Remember, guest, Today someone called about a problem with Elite Dental. Yeah, well, he spoke to Elite Dental and about getting his medical records and he found a new way to avoid collections. When they called him about it, he said, you can't collect I'm dead. So I guess the death is a decent way to get out of collections.
Speaker 4: Wait, but he told him and they believed that he was dead. No, no, no, I mean I believe if you told me that.
Speaker 9: But no, he said, you can't collect I'm dead and hung up.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fun. Now, by the way, that was the dental office said we're not releasing hold on.
Speaker 3: Let me tell people, we're not releasing records because you owe us money. And I looked at the state law and the federal and they can't do that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I knew that. So I spoke to them and that doc. You wouldn't know that.
Speaker 9: That's when they told me about his saying that he's dead. So he's going to go pick up his record. Somehow we got resurrected and then we'll take it from there.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: So people, if you're told you can't get medical records because you owe money, that's not true. You can get medical records now. I'm Tom Martine Waterpros dot net. The best water systems bar none, at the lowest price ever. I have their triple filter reverse osmosis for drinking.
Speaker 4: Maren't put in a whole system to lead. Put in a whole system. The best prices and the best systems.
Speaker 3: Plumbers can't come close their triple or quadruple the price three h three eight six two five five five four Waterpros dot net go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I got a text wanting to price out a Camaro and eighty six at eighty.
Speaker 4: Thousand miles And uh, it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: What do you think that would go for? I can tell them I think I know what it will go for. I'm gonna wait to hear from you, guys. Eighty six Chevy Camaro, pretty decent, you sent some photos. You just texted me on my Google Voice miles eighty thousand miles.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it's seven four seven nine fifty two eighties my number. Now we were talking to about this collection. Notice somebody else says they got one too. I'm pretty sure they're trying to resurrect old debt.
Speaker 4: But here's the point.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't have to respond. If it's not your bill, you can just ignore it. Now, people say, what about ruining my credit? You know, people can put a credit report on your credit report that's invalid.
Speaker 4: Now they risk being sued for slander of credit.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately that takes some legal work, but a good attorney can get their fees on that.
Speaker 4: I would look into it.
Speaker 3: I wish I had an attorney that specializes in slander of credit because slander of credit is something that happens all the time. In fact, I'm going to write it down because I'm going to post something on this. You know, who does the most slander of credit? Who would you think? To give me a guess here, who do you think, Mark? Who do you think slanders people's credit more than anyone?
Speaker 6: If you had to.
Speaker 7: Guess medical community?
Speaker 4: No, No, I'll tell you who. Landlords. Now here's why landlords.
Speaker 3: Let's say you move out of a place and they say you destroyed a carpet and you say.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't. The carpet was bad.
Speaker 3: So they say no, it wasn't right, and they say you owe us. Now that's one example. Here's another example. I'm going to give you two examples. And now in that example, so if you don't pay it, remember there wasn't a judgment. They didn't take you to court. They simply put a ding on your credit. You can't rent, you can't do anything, you can't even buy until you clear it up. That's credit blackmail or slander of credit. Now what's the next thing. Okay, we had a case, a real case. Back in the day. Yellow cab was a thing. I don't know if they still here. Okay, Now, yellow cab got into an accident in a parking lot with a woman.
Speaker 4: They hit her.
Speaker 3: According to her, they sent her a bill for fixing the cab. Now, she was about to take them to court because they hit her and she wanted them. She wanted them to pay for her car. She had a witness that said they were at fall. So here's what happened. They sent her a bill. When she didn't pay the bill, they slandered her credit, saying she didn't pay a bill.
Speaker 4: What bill?
Speaker 3: It was an accusation. It wasn't a bill, it was a collection. It wasn't a bill. It was something that they said she owed. They didn't prove she owed. So what did they do? They slandered her credit. We got that one taken care of.
Speaker 4: That was years ago. I think the woman's name was Linda.
Speaker 3: But the point is this, just because someone says you owe money doesn't mean you owe the money. A judgment determines if you owe the money or a contract, and that you can prove in court. But when someone threatens you with slander of credit, that's where I want an attorney. We have had attorneys that they've done it from time to time, but we've never had anyone consistent. And there's so much credit blackmail going on and slander of credit that I would love to get an attorney who would take these cases.
Speaker 10: How about this Tom, I've got a son, he's at college. We've talked about it in the It's that you know, we've rented an apartment form and they go, don't you're never going to get your deposits back. It's like the landlords purposely hold the deposits and these right, I can attest we clean that place like it was brand new.
Speaker 4: I know, and some landlords figure done.
Speaker 3: Some landlords take it almost as a transition fee right now, if they said that, by the way, they can do that if it's in the least. But if they call it a security deposit, that's exactly what it is. Damage deposit, security deposit, cleaning deposit. Sometimes it's all three of those, security, cleaning, and damage.
Speaker 4: It has to be.
Speaker 3: Can't be normal wear and tear even Yeah, so what do you do you take in the court? Now, each law is different. In Colorado, you consume for triple the amount. But if you lose, you lose.
Speaker 4: If you win, you win.
Speaker 3: But landlords, you know, and it's getting better for tenants to a point where some landlords are selling. They don't want to be landlords anymore because they say it's too difficult to be a landlord.
Speaker 4: It's all a matter of perspective. It is difficult.
Speaker 3: But also a lot of renters, especially college kids and younger people, they get taken advantage of. So it is almost a given that your security deposit is going to go away in many cases, and landlords have a habit of doing it without justifying it, or they have the same problem that they've charged the last three tenants for a gash in the wall.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's why I'm going to tell you how to protect yourself.
Speaker 3: A move in checklist, and you have a representative of the landlord or the landlord or.
Speaker 4: The management company sign it.
Speaker 3: You tell them this is to protect both of us. If there's a gash in the wall, you better note it. Now there's no damage, that's not a big deal, but you better better note damages. Then you want a move out check Now they say just leave the keys, or do this or do that?
Speaker 4: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: You know how many times people have left an apartment then been notified of a problem.
Speaker 4: Don't you want? And in fact, in the beginning.
Speaker 3: You should set that out saying, look, I'm a responsible renter and I believe in paying for what I do and not paying for what I don't do. So what you do is say I would like a move in and move out checklist before I sign my lease, and make.
Speaker 4: It part of your agreement.
Speaker 3: Now, if a landlord is hesitant, you better be really careful. If a management company says, no, we don't like that. I mean what management company would not like that? Right protects everyone, that's right. So you would have to have one hell of a good reason to not do that. Now, if they say something like this, well that's not procedure, I'll go to hell. It's not procedure. It should be procedure, you know. Uh, And or we don't do that. You know, there's no such thing. I call that the god syndrome. The god syndrome I used to have a sound effect.
Speaker 4: Anyway, don't take that. That's not true.
Speaker 3: You get to dictate terms and conditions just as much as they do.
Speaker 4: In fact, you can remind them of that.
Speaker 3: Say, look, you know you don't have to do it, but technically, if all of your contracts are one way, they're construed against you, you might want to.
Speaker 4: Tell them that.
Speaker 3: I'm Tom Martinez three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: If you have a problem question, you can plank give us a call.
Speaker 3: A lot of useful information on this station and on this show. And by the way, one of the things a great information. One of the items Frank Duran, the real estate man dot com. He will tell you what your house will sell for free of charge.
Speaker 4: No obligation to list.
Speaker 3: You might be curious before you list, and instead of like getting the high pressure.
Speaker 4: Call Frank.
Speaker 3: He'll go over all the elements of the market, the neighborhood, the house, supply and demand, all the factors and give you an idea of what you will net on that house. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty to.
Speaker 4: Hi, Tom Rchino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, and I want to bring up Claudia and Brad O'Brien. Brad O'Brien is a real estate attorney real estate law firm.
Speaker 4: They handle everything real estate.
Speaker 3: We often use him as our expert olslaw dot com. Brad, I'm finding it difficult to believe part of the story.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think she's lying. I just find it difficult.
Speaker 3: But I want to run it by you and just get your impressions overall, and maybe.
Speaker 4: A reaction to this. Claudia says she bought a home, and she bought a home, she said without how long ago'd you buy a Claudia, That's the only thing I didn't put down.
Speaker 12: I started the process February twentieth.
Speaker 4: In February. Okay, well when did you close?
Speaker 13: March?
Speaker 4: Okay, it's so March.
Speaker 3: Basically, see, you bought a home in March without she Here's what she says, Brad, without an appraisal, without a survey, Yet she had a home loan, which I don't understand.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of a lender ever ever.
Speaker 3: I mean, and I've done real estate out the nose, millions of dollars in real estate and taken hundreds of hundreds of real estate calls over the years. I've never recalled a bank closing on a mortgage where the house is the primary security, a first called a first date of trust without an appraisal or a survey, but she said she never got one.
Speaker 4: I've waved the appraisal, but you, okay, it's not up to you to waive the appraisal.
Speaker 3: Here's what I mean, Claudia, you're the one at risk with the appraisal. The lender is the one at risk if the lender is loaning you money.
Speaker 4: Did you put down fifty percent on that? How much did you put down on this house? Maybe I should ask that to sixty five?
Speaker 3: On how much of a purchase you put down to sixty five? Okay, there it is, there, it is okay. I think I think I know why they waived. They waived the appraisal. You put down more than fifty percent. Maybe that's why they were they were relaxed. Maybe that's why yoh so much equity. She put down more than fifty percent on the damn thing. So I'm sorry, Claudia. Maybe that's a factor. Before we go on with the problem itself, I want to ask Brad, Brad, do you think that's why the bank did not demand an appraisal or a survey because she put down that much?
Speaker 14: I just I don't know, because I would think that banks have to meet lending criteria which includes at lisa appraisal or an improvement location certificate for the survey because they have family, May and Freddie may have family and Freddy you know, Sander.
Speaker 3: So you think they even with that, they would probably want Yeah.
Speaker 14: I've never I've never heard of a bank waving an appraisal.
Speaker 4: On a mortgageline. They did.
Speaker 5: They let me.
Speaker 12: This is the second house I had made an offer on and I had gone through the expenditure of you know, the inspector, the raid on the sewer camera, all of that, and I was having to do it again, and but no, they let me wave it to save many I'm a disabled senior.
Speaker 3: Okay again again, it doesn't matter if you wave it. Okay, that's not what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: You are not in the position, Okay.
Speaker 3: What I mean is this is that when I I'm loaning you money and I am taking the security as collateral, I'm the one who cares is it worth what you're paying?
Speaker 4: I'm the one who cares. Is it on the lot it says it's on? Are there any encroachments?
Speaker 3: Will I have a problem if I need to foreclose now?
Speaker 4: Possibly? Brad?
Speaker 3: I mean you're saying, Brad, what if it was a private loan, maybe, I mean, it doesn't have to go by those guidelines, right, Brad, who is your lender?
Speaker 12: Did you say advantage home loan?
Speaker 4: Advantage home loans? Was it a private loan? Do you know?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, So here's the thing, right now, you still owe money on this home, right correct?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Now, she said, Now here's the real problem, Brad. And again the reason I asked about the bank for the appraisal and all that that would have all come up on the survey. But she says, four weeks after moving in, she found out she couldn't plant trees and do things she wanted to because I believe two sides of your home have a massive easement that encroach, not encroached, but that come onto her property by.
Speaker 6: Twenty feet one side.
Speaker 14: Oh only one side twenty feet but it doesn'troach.
Speaker 4: It's okay, I got it, and you knew that was there.
Speaker 3: But the one on one side of her house is twenty feet in from her line and it's the entire length of the house. So she says she just found that out four weeks after moving in, had no idea, there was no disclosure whatsoever. There wasn't a lie about it. They just left it.
Speaker 4: Blank on the disclosure sheet.
Speaker 3: And she says, now she's got twenty feet of easement she can't use.
Speaker 4: What do you think does she have any kind of a spread?
Speaker 14: What kind of an easement?
Speaker 12: Is it utility for electric company for them to get their utility vehicles on if they need to.
Speaker 3: Because there's an overhead power line right over the easement, so this is for any if they have to bring in a crane or a truck or something to maintain the line.
Speaker 14: Normally, this type of an easement is discoverable on a title in survey review. This type of an easement would have started as a easement document that's recorded in the title history of this home. And that's something you probably could have discovered in your due diligence before you purchased. And then a surveyor would also plot that easement onto a survey to show it, you know, on the drawing.
Speaker 4: In the absence of a cert Let's just say this.
Speaker 3: If she's right about no survey, and if she's right about no requirement, no appraisal, was it her problem that she didn't know it, or should her real estate agent, her buyer broker should have told her or is there any blame here?
Speaker 12: No, I mean I could buy one thing.
Speaker 4: Hold hold on, hold on, Claudia, let him answer just my question. Then you can chime in. And where are you going to say, Brad?
Speaker 14: It's the buyer's progative to do their own title and survey review. That's part of the due diligence that buyer needs to do. And because if a letter doesn't require an appraisal or a survey, then sometimes that's the case that when you sometimes you pay cash for a house and might not get an appraisal survey, it's still on the buyer to do that no diligence.
Speaker 15: And so she did?
Speaker 3: What if she says though that the disclosure statement that she signed, that they signed, they had a section go ahead.
Speaker 14: Well, disclosure form is for conditions of the property. Uh, this is something that that would have been disclosed probably in the title reporting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Claudia, didn't you say there was a section of your disclosure that talked about easements? It asks her, what exactly does it? I've that's another thing I've never seen. I have never seen a section on a disclosure that talks about easements. Here's what I have seen on disclosures. Okay, listen carefully. If I'm selling a property, there's a disclosure sometimes that says have I built any structures or encroached on any easements? But I've never seen one that asked me are there any easements?
Speaker 4: So what I need to know before we go anywhere?
Speaker 3: What exactly does your disclosure statement that you depended on say that you say they misled you?
Speaker 4: What does your disclosure statement say?
Speaker 12: Okay, first of all, I've gone through for selling and purchasing of homes in California, and we may be dealing with you know, different laws, different states, but every single house I bought was sold, there was a section specifically are you aware of any easement? And that was on the disclosure form.
Speaker 3: I want to know the one that what you did in California has no bearing. I need to know the disclosure that you had here in Colorado in March. What did it ask the seller to disclose about there anyas.
Speaker 4: Asked, are there any easements that you know about?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 4: I have? And did they answer incorrectly? Correct?
Speaker 12: They just left it blank. And there were two people responsible for signing the documents. It started out mother and daughter Okay, Claudia.
Speaker 4: I get it, Claudia. So there was a yes on the easement.
Speaker 3: There was a yes, a no, and a don't know, and they left all of them blank.
Speaker 6: Is that right? Correct?
Speaker 12: It was just are you aware of any easements on your property kind of a statement, and it was it was.
Speaker 3: I'm going to let Brad, are you aware of that kind of disclosure?
Speaker 14: Yes, I'm looking at the current standards, okay, for seller disclosures it says unrecorded easements, and yes, it is the place where the cellar would disclose an unrecorded easement because it's not going to show up on the title report.
Speaker 3: But this one that she's talking about is for sure a recorded easement, which means she would have the discoverability right now only.
Speaker 14: Have a utility that's going to be shopping the recorded title history.
Speaker 3: So if she came to you and said, if everything she's saying is true, and they and it said recorded easement, unrecorded easement, she left it blank.
Speaker 4: This one is a recorded easement.
Speaker 3: And if it's a recorded easement, legally recorded, and Claudia did not discover it, she would not you're saying, under these conditions, she would not have a case against anyone.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 9: Hey, Brad, where does the title company fit in all of this?
Speaker 4: Nowhere? She didn't get title insurance? All bet? Did you get title insurance, Claudia?
Speaker 13: I did?
Speaker 12: I did, And I already had a real estate attorney in Colorado Springs, real estate attorney of thirty years. He spent a whole hour looking over the documents, and the title company had put a monkey clause in there.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 3: That sounds like an attorney trying to appease you, a murky clause.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's what I'm asking. Okay, because I.
Speaker 3: Know you're trying to couch this in words that will make it sound like you were screwed.
Speaker 4: But what I want to know is this.
Speaker 3: Did the title insurance policy make an exception for recorded easements?
Speaker 5: No, they just didn't list it.
Speaker 12: They It was as if they were saying they didn't know there was an easement.
Speaker 4: Oh I doubt it every single time. Okay, can you send me a copy of your title commitment?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What did your attorney mean that there was a murky clause?
Speaker 12: Well, they basically said if they listed like ten things.
Speaker 3: All right, I got to take a break we'll come right back, Brad O'Brien if you could stick with us, or maybe we call you back after the break. In fact, Claudia, listen, I really want to explore this, and again, the reason I'm giving you a hard time is because.
Speaker 11: You'd have either you have a case.
Speaker 3: Oring you don't, and I'm not giving you near a hard time as someone else will on the other side.
Speaker 4: More coming up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three eight two five five. Brad O'Brien, I want to I want to ask you straight up on this deal. Would a title commitment list easements?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Normally time company lists recorded these miss under the exceptions.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm going to see if it does or not, and I thank you for your expertise.
Speaker 4: Olslaw dot com.
Speaker 3: Seven two zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight. We're going to see you if Claudia was screwed. Did they leave that out of a title commitment? Did she have no idea it was her responsibility. We'll check it out.
Speaker 4: Coming up. I'm going to have her email me that commitment.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rita, you need advice who you don't have? Come run in just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 12: Come.
Speaker 2: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino.
Speaker 3: Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. What is going on in your life? This hour brought to you by Compass Insurance. For your insurance check. Make sure you're not paying too much, you're not under insured or possibly if you have a great deal, they'll tell you three h three nine nine six nine thousand, noe ball. They'll tell you one way or the other three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. I got pro bid energy with me about solar where I do have some questions on that, but we also have another interesting case.
Speaker 4: And I want to make a note.
Speaker 3: A lot of times people call and I played Devil's advocate. They think that some people think that I'm taking a stance against them. What I'm doing is putting up objections. They're going to hear.
Speaker 4: More than not more than not.
Speaker 3: If I hear flaw in the argument, or I don't think it's worth pursuing, it usually isn't. However, there have been times where I'm dead wrong and they go on to have success where I wasn't willing to help that happens very rarely and almost never when our experts agree with me.
Speaker 4: So if I have an opinion and my autox has an.
Speaker 3: Opinion that agrees, or an attorney or a doctor or some kind of expert agrees an accountant, then usually that's etched in stone. Usually, But Claudia believe she was screwed in a real estate deal because she was unaware of an easement running the length of her property, coming in about twenty feet where she can't plant anything. So she's figuring, man, that's a large part of my property. I can't plant or do anything on now. Still her property technically, but it's an easement. It has to be open for utility vehicles to gain access to an overhead power line. Here's the problem. She said she was unaware of it. Our attorney, Brad O'Brien O'Brien Legal Services, who does real estate, says it's up to consumers to know the condition of a property.
Speaker 4: Now there are disclosure statements and.
Speaker 3: People cannot make false claims on a disclosure statement. She said, well, there was one about easeman she left blank, but it wasn't about recorded easements. It says, are you aware of any un recorded easements, and the woman left it blank, so unrecorded would not apply.
Speaker 4: This was a recorded easement.
Speaker 3: So I said, all right, where would she find that out? She would find that out in a survey or an appraisal. She said, my lender did not require an appraisal.
Speaker 4: My lender did not require a survey.
Speaker 3: Now we find that almost impossible to believe, because both Brad O'Brien and myself have never seen a case where lenders have waived those. But again she said no, she never got an appraisal and never got a survey. So that's good if that's true. So now we go to the next thing. What about title insurance. I don't think any lender would waive title insurance. She said, you're right, I have title insurance. And I said, does the title insurance mention that easement?
Speaker 4: And she said no.
Speaker 3: But she said she saw a real estate attorney and there was a murky clause in there.
Speaker 4: And I said, well, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: So if there was a clause in there in any way relating to that easement, that could be construed as notice. But just so you know, no one has to tell you about easement's. So I asked her to send me that title commitment because she swears that it does not contain any.
Speaker 4: Disclosure about that easement.
Speaker 3: Again, state attorney said that would be highly unlikely, and actually, if they did miss it and it's recorded, she will have a good case.
Speaker 4: She would.
Speaker 3: That's why they make exceptions in the title commitment.
Speaker 4: What is title insurance Do you know what it is?
Speaker 3: It's insurance that says you have clear title to what you're buying, subject to recorded lians, meaning your loan or any recorded document at the time they make the commitment. So that means they're ensuring you except for exceptions that are recorded like lians, the loan on your house, any mechanics leans that are recorded, or any easements. If they miss an easement or a mechanics lean, if they miss it, they owe you for it.
Speaker 4: So really, what title insurance insures.
Speaker 3: Is not your title. It ensures their search of your title. That's technically what title insurance covers.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tom, that happened.
Speaker 3: Title insurance. Wait one second. Title insurance says, we did a search. Here are the recorded exceptions, and we guarantee those. That is what they're saying, we guarantee everything that's not accepted. They're guaranteeing their search is accurate.
Speaker 4: They're not guaranteeing your title. What were you going to say, doctor, Well.
Speaker 9: When when I bought a property to build a house on, there was a powerligne went right through the middle of the property that was never recorded, and the title company paid to have the power line rerouted along the problem.
Speaker 4: They didn't have to probably didn't have to. They didn't have to. That was a good title company.
Speaker 3: They did not have to because because the title company only ensures everything, that is, they ensure everything not accepted by recorded leans. They do not ensure anything unrecorded. They only ensure what they missed.
Speaker 4: That's all. They ensure what they missed. Did they miss.
Speaker 3: An unrecorded easement where a power line went through? If it was unrecorded, then they did not have to address it. My guest, doc not to get in the weeds with you. My guess is it was recorded somewhere.
Speaker 4: And they missed it. That's why what happened, Tom. But that's problem. That's good.
Speaker 3: That's a good title company. So in any case, here's the deal. I'll bet you she doesn't send me the title policy, and I'll bet you did she hang on, Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so she actually did send you. If you check your email, that's a wonderful emails in there.
Speaker 4: But I'm hoping she has a case here there.
Speaker 17: I'm hoping there are some documents that are missing because she claims that she does not have ownership of them. Their e documents on a PDF and they were basically taken out of her email spontaneously.
Speaker 4: What is she talking about?
Speaker 3: So she's saying that she does not have she does not have the complete title commitment.
Speaker 17: She sent me three emails, which you have in your inbox right now, and that is what she has. She already has emailed the realtor who owns quote unquote the documents to get copies of those as well if you need them. So she's working on that off.
Speaker 4: All I need is this.
Speaker 3: I just need what's called the title commitment. That's all I need, the title commitment.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: In the title commitment, She's already has many exceptions that are referred to numbers and who knows.
Speaker 4: It just says.
Speaker 3: It just said that there are all of these exceptions. It says exception number number one through four, exception number five except but but I don't.
Speaker 4: Know what those exceptions are. And it's funny to me. Let's see. Okay, here's what it says.
Speaker 3: Here are the exceptions, easements, leans encumbrances not shown on public records. Do you understand what it says not shown on public records? Okay, any encroachments coming to violation, blah blah blah versus.
Speaker 4: So they're saying they can't They can't.
Speaker 3: That that's obvious. They can't ensure anything that's not recorded. But let's see if they have the easement on here.
Speaker 4: Uh, yes they have.
Speaker 3: They have easements on here, specific ones, so I can't tell which one is that utilitiesman, but they certainly have a number of easements recorded on here. I just think, unfortunately, she's dead wrong. She's just dead wrong. It was on her title commitment. Here's what I hate about attorneys. Okay, I like attorneys for the most part because we deal with attorneys, But some of.
Speaker 4: Them are liars.
Speaker 3: Why do they lie when they don't want to take a case.
Speaker 4: They should just tell someone why?
Speaker 3: Instead they often lie as well, you have a good case, but or this clause is murky. I think you'll win. Well, why aren't you taking the case. Well, I'm kind of loaded.
Speaker 4: Up right now.
Speaker 3: If an attorney ever tells you they're too busy for your case.
Speaker 4: Here's what they're saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, their mouth is saying we are too busy for your case, but inside their head they're saying this is not a good case.
Speaker 4: Go away.
Speaker 3: Just remember that, please, because it's just the truth. And all your attorneys out there right now are nodding your heads.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're all nodding your heads. Yes, Joanne. What's going on with your extended warranty?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 18: Tom, taking my call. I'm just curious. I bought a new Subaru.
Speaker 5: It has all the bells and whistles and.
Speaker 18: All kinds of electronics. What models it's on it it's a touring.
Speaker 4: Nice car, Thank you. I like what's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm just curious.
Speaker 18: They're pushing me to buy the extended warranty, and I just wonder, with all the added components, all the electronics and all the dads, is it worth it to buy that?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: What? I love that question.
Speaker 3: If you can hang on, I'm going to answer specifically about that car and the extended warranty. Hang on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're a troubleshooter.
Speaker 4: Here's a text. Tom. You're wrong.
Speaker 3: About your generalization of why an attorney won't take a.
Speaker 4: Case again, take a case? Okay, he says again.
Speaker 3: I'm an attorney, and there are times when I'm too busy and I wouldn't be able to give a new case the time it needs.
Speaker 4: I'm sure John Fuller wouldn't take.
Speaker 3: A case if he can't give it the attention it needs due.
Speaker 4: To lack of time.
Speaker 3: I agree that sometimes attorneys don't take cases for various reasons, but being too busy as one of them.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I believe my generalization is correct, and that there are exceptions when somebody is truly too busy.
Speaker 4: But even John Fuller or any personal injury attorney.
Speaker 3: If there's a ten million dollar case staring him in the face and there's another one that's obviously obviously not going to reach the threshold of one hundred or two hundred thousand, there will be a setting of priority.
Speaker 4: I don't care who you are.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not accusing attorneys of dropping a case.
Speaker 19: But come on.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, you can tell me that's not true. And I know they won't neglect anyone. I know that.
Speaker 3: But there are also civil cases and civil cases that are great slam dunks with great damages, and others that are a pain in the ass with limited damages. And if you're an attorney listening, just come on, come clean and be straight. I've had so many people call this show with the most asinine cases in the world and they tell me their attorney said they had a great case, but they're too busy. Now, I imagine if all cases are the same, they would take it based on how busy they are. But don't tell me an attorney's office wouldn't shuffle a little to get a great case on the board. Give me a break. Three zero three seven one three talks seven one, three, eight, two, five, five. Yes, there are saints, but few of them have esquire at the end of their name, Joanne. Let's talk about your extended warranty. That car comes with a warranty. It comes with a three year, thirty six thousand.
Speaker 4: Mile warranty, right, Chris, And it has a powertrain warranty of five years and sixty thousand miles. Now here's what I always ask dealers because they hate when I asked this. What kind of a warranty were they presenting.
Speaker 12: To you ten year or one hundred thousand miles?
Speaker 3: And they also have another one that's one hundred and twenty thousand miles, right?
Speaker 4: Yes, an eight year?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So let's get to this ten year, one hundred thousand miles right immediately, Immediately take three years off of that and thirty six thousand miles because it's not extending the three years. If you extended the three years with a ten year extended warranty, how many years warranty would you have?
Speaker 4: That would be thirteen, that's right, But you don't have thirteen, that's right. But you won't have thirteen.
Speaker 3: You'll have an additional seven, and you'll have an additional seventy thousand miles or sixty something thousand miles, right, yes, So that's that's the first thing to take into consideration. There is not one thing covered by an extended warranty that your factory warranty won't cover.
Speaker 4: So my question is twofold or more than twofold?
Speaker 3: How long do you keep a car?
Speaker 8: This one?
Speaker 12: I don't plan on trade again at all.
Speaker 4: You want to run the wheels off it. You want to run the wheels off it? How old are you? I am in my seventies, okay, now you want to run the wheels off it.
Speaker 3: Don't buy the extended warranty, okay, because it's not an extended warranty. If anyone would sell me a true extended warranty, I would buy it.
Speaker 4: I would. I actually would. If you tell me, do you want to add speak? Because really the numbers are off because you divide.
Speaker 3: That new warranty by ten years to see what you're paying per year. How much do they want for that warranty?
Speaker 12: It's right around three thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: It's not a terrible price, by the way, but that's divided by seven, so that's not divided by ten. That's about four hundred and thirty bucks a year, or we can break it down by the mile. Normally, an extended warranty people buy it to extend the mileage coverage, not the time coverage, because most people go above the mileage. And there's nothing wrong with having a one hundred thousand mile warranting, nothing at all, And you can have one.
Speaker 4: I'm going to explain something to you I have.
Speaker 3: I bought a new X seven bmw Okay, a fIF fifty I top of the line suv, and every single person at the dealership told me I needed an extended warranty And I said why and they said, because it's going to cost you. It's going to be this and they're so expensive and everything goes wrong, and I said, well, I have a factory warranty.
Speaker 4: So I said no.
Speaker 3: So I'm coming up now on the end of my warranty, and guess what I'm getting through the mail warranty offers. That's exactly right, I'm getting warranty offers. And the warranty offers are exactly the same as they were when I bought the car, except I'm getting that extra time. I'm actually extending the warranty, and they're offering to take effect on the day my other one expires, and it's from BMW.
Speaker 4: So people, here's what you have to understand.
Speaker 3: Extended warranties are nothing more than grosser uppers.
Speaker 4: That's all. They are increased profits.
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with that, but they're not of good value.
Speaker 4: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Just like the windshield coverage, the theft protection, the.
Speaker 4: Mop and glow, none of that is worth any any of it.
Speaker 3: You can get any one of them, including credit insurance, which you should never get. You should simply get life insurance. But none of that is worth the money, none of it. The F and I, which is finance and insurance guy or woman. They're made to gross up the sale. That's all they're there for is to gross up the sale. There is one thing I would buy. Prepaid maintenance is a wonderful option they have.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Prepaid maintenance is where you get to pay for the.
Speaker 4: Maintenance you know you're gonna need, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like the like the twelve thousand if they have one our twenty four thousand and thirty six thousand mile checks. Because those are sold at a discount, and the reason they're sold at a discount, so they want to keep you coming back. So if you're gonna be there and go back to that dealer, it's really a go or go back to a super.
Speaker 4: Dealer, depending on the one you buy. They're good deals.
Speaker 3: Prepaid maintenance is a good idea, not an extended warranty.
Speaker 4: Do you know what a prepaid maintenance is? Right? They you simply pay for maintenance. You know you're gonna need to keep to keep the worm.
Speaker 20: Like oil changes, well, some of them do, some of them don't.
Speaker 4: Some of them.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the factory authorized and factory recommended intervals to keep the warranty alive, you know, Like I don't know when's the first time you bring that back at twenty thousand, ten thousands, it's usually about ten thousan twelve.
Speaker 4: Thousand, whatever it is. I pay for those.
Speaker 3: And there's one other thing I buy, which I never thought I would buy, but I buy.
Speaker 4: This is me and that's wheel protection.
Speaker 3: Let me explain why if you put in insurance claims for your wheels being dinged or scratched or scraped, which, by the way, the fancier the wheel, the more it attracts damage.
Speaker 4: Okay, So.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you you go look at a fancy carn of parking.
Speaker 4: Lot, and you'll see those wheels gunked up like hell.
Speaker 3: If you put in insurance claims for those, you'll be canceled in a hard beat and you'll be paying more for insurance than it's worth. But if you buy wheel protection, and I didn't buy it on my Beamer the first time, and then after that, I'd never stopped because I said, I'm not paying fourteen hundred bucks. I'm not paying fourteen hundred bucks. And then guess what happened. Two wheels got scraped up. Two wheels cost me three thousand dollars to fix, or no more than that thirty eight hundred bucks. And for fourteen hundred they would have fixed them or replaced them. So I like wheel coverage. If you have fancy wheels, I like prepaid maintenance. I will not buy an extended warranty until my other warranty starts running out. Okay, there, you got a lot of good advice, and you have a really nice car. By the way, Paul has a quick comment, Go ahead, Paul, And then I got to take a break.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Paul, what's your comment?
Speaker 13: Hey, Tom, First of all, I didn't hear the model with this woman owns of the silver.
Speaker 5: She said the trim was a tour right in here the model?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought that was the model. I'm sorry, So.
Speaker 13: The touring is the trim level, okay, as first of all. Secondly, but either way, so, I've owned a bunch of Subaru's.
Speaker 6: Brand new.
Speaker 13: Twenty nineteen Ascent when they first came out. I now own a twenty three Ascent brand new. I own a twenty two, and I bought extended warranties on right now two out of the three and had very good experience with it. I so very very Paul, Paul.
Speaker 4: I got to take a break and I'll come right back to you. I promise. I'm not telling you you won't ever use an extended word. I'm telling you the worst time to buy it is when you buy the car. You can buy a cheaper and extend longer after the original one runs out. There's no reason to pay for concurrent coverage. More coming up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: All right. So I was saying that I buy extended warranties at the end of my factory warranty. I don't pay for concurrent coverage. I get it for cheaper than the dealer.
Speaker 3: Offered it up front, So there's no reason for me to pay for coverage I'm not using. There's not one thing an extended warranty pays for that your factory warranty won't pay for. So I think we're in agreement, Paul. I like extended warranties when you buy them correctly. You said you buy them when you buy the car, and you've had good luck, keep going go ahead.
Speaker 13: I never said. I never said I bought them when I'd buy the car, I said, I, oh, for the vehicles. Now, so here's here, let's fact, when.
Speaker 3: Do you buy them, Paul, when do you buy your extended warranty?
Speaker 13: Well, for super, first of all, it's very clear these are manufacturer warranties. These aren't third party quarranties.
Speaker 11: That's right.
Speaker 13: I'm consuming and I'm assuming that this woman the way she was sort of describing it, although it was briefly described that it was in fact the sublu factory warranty. So those are really good as warrant as extended warranties go. Secondly, I buy them at about thirty thousands, generally at about thirty thousand miles. But here's the downside on that, And it happened to me with my wife's out twenty two outback, just a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 6: I bought it.
Speaker 13: The price went up between January of this year and August by three hundred dollars. So, first of all, the price is all negotiable. She played a pretty good price. Well, depending upon the deductible for her one hundred thousand, Well does she say she had a ten year one hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: That's the one that's the one she's considering.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, So a couple of things.
Speaker 13: Number one, the prices do go up generally year to year, not a lot. So it was pretty good at holding down.
Speaker 6: All their prices.
Speaker 13: But the price goes up, so you list that now if you can negotiate a really good price near the beginning of your purchase. Now it doesn't have to You don't have to buy it from that dealer. You can buy it from any dealer. I actually I'm in Denver, and I bought my warranty extended warranty from a place dealership in Puebla over the phone. It took me fifteen minutes negotiate it, signed contract, the whole bit end the story, and I gave them. I knew what the prices were for the dealer their price, so I gave them two three hundred dollars. I think it was over for the outback. I bought it a ten year, one hundred and twenty thousand, zero deductibles. So they have different deductibles. I would recommend a zero deductible when you get it now. On my other I would never roll it into the financing because then you're just paying money unnecessarily, you know, interest rates, et cetera. That's another item. Here's an item that most super owners who bought new cars don't know that. The factory warranty comes with wearable parts warranties for certain items. They get free windshield wipers, they get a an align, a free and alignment. They get brake pads, pree brake pads service and break parts service for three years that comes with the factory warranty. No matter when you buy that extended warranty, it's going to be concurrent. Even if you buy it at the end of the fact, you have to buy it before the factory warranty runs out, and you're get well.
Speaker 3: Paul, Paul, what you're saying. What you're saying is correct. If you buy it before the factory warranty runs out, the ten year warranty goes back to the in service date, which means you're not getting the full ten years.
Speaker 13: You're right, right, no matter when you buy it, but you have.
Speaker 4: To accept and accept accept.
Speaker 3: In my case, you don't have to buy the last three years. You can truly buy a warranty going forward.
Speaker 4: And and and.
Speaker 3: It's so so it depends on what they offer.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: If that's the only if super rule only all offers warranties back to the in service date, well then you're buying the same thing as if you bought it new. So that would to me that defeats the whole purpose of waiting.
Speaker 13: No, it's it's first of all, it all has to do with dollars and risk aversion. You know what your account Well, of course, Paul, of course it does.
Speaker 4: Of course it does.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is this, if you buy a ten year warranty that goes retroactively back three years or four years, okay, you're getting You're not getting three or four years of the ten years.
Speaker 13: Right, of course, And you should know that going in. As long as you know it, you make your personal financial decision.
Speaker 4: As long as you know it.
Speaker 3: There are ways that you can get a better deal by truly extending your coverage.
Speaker 13: Not with a factory warranty.
Speaker 4: Well maybe not with Suberru.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe not with suber Ru, but I did it with Mercedes, and I did it would.
Speaker 13: Be that's fine, that's fine, we're talking suber I thought. Okay, so that's that piece.
Speaker 3: Secondly, and by the way, I will say this, there are some not all, and I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be able.
Speaker 3: To compare them unless I knew the prices and what they cover. But there are some third party warranties that are not shlock.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about these stupid things we see advertised on TV by Iced Tea and the rest of them saying, you know, buy this, uh this whatever they call them, these service contracts where you pay car shield and all that crap. But there are some other extended warranties that aren't terrible. Listen, Paul, I would love to pontificate all day on this, but I got to take this break.
Speaker 4: We got more coming up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom, Martino, you are troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, so solar, A lot of people think the UH tax credits will be phased out. What do you think? Let me go to a watch I hear. What do you think, sir? If we have probate energy with us.
Speaker 10: Yes, I don't think they're gonna be phased out. I mean, it's an inflation Cares act as goes through.
Speaker 3: Twenty in my opinion. First of all, Democrats are in. They'll definitely stay right.
Speaker 4: Yes, they love them, and I mean not I'm not saying Republicans don't like solar, but definitely with the climate agenda and all that, everyone wants solar. But how do the Republicans feel? Do you know?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't really know. I mean they go I.
Speaker 4: Mean, do you think the tax credits are here to stay?
Speaker 7: I think they are. I think they are.
Speaker 3: But it wouldn't matter because if you get it while it's they're in effect, you're going to get They're not going to go retro on you, correct.
Speaker 10: I mean, the money is there, the funding is already in place, it's already being dispersed to the States. So I think it's going to stay. I hope it stays.
Speaker 4: What about the actual, the actual implemmation implementation of these grants. Do you think we're going to see more of them for businesses?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I hope.
Speaker 10: So those REAP grants have really now REAP is for commercial, ye, commercial and agricultural commercial, and after that we have a few in the queue. It's pretty exciting for these farmers to be able to take advantage of something.
Speaker 4: So they can actually put solar up. And as as they put put up solar, if they have an agricultural operation, they can get a REP grant.
Speaker 7: They could apply for.
Speaker 3: One, yes, and does it have to be commercial agriculture, Yes, it does. I don't know what qualified, right. And then are they able to sell back to the grid.
Speaker 10: They are, But again there's RACS renewable energy credits. I think excels paying around four cents a kill a lot.
Speaker 3: So yes, So if you're going to get it paid for any way by the government, why not get it paid to put in a bigger system, right? Won't they let you go more than you need?
Speaker 7: You can't go it like seals up to two hundred percent.
Speaker 3: It's okay, So if you build something two hundred percent, get it paid for or most of it paid for, theoretically you could have a money maker on your hands with very little cash outlay.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 10: Yes, possibly if the roes there. Absolutely, and we're doing commercial too, same thing. There's racs available for these commercial buildings that have to decarbonize.
Speaker 7: They have to load their carbon footprint.
Speaker 3: And Denver, that's Denver, talk about that appropriateenergy dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Rift you needed, that's who you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Runs as we can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Toel Martinez, Hi, Tom Martin, Hi Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Here welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five here to help you any way.
Speaker 4: We can't now listen. I want to tell you that we have.
Speaker 3: A follow up on a very important gun discussion we were having yesterday, not on gun rights or political stuff, but on the way a lot of gun dealers are doing things and anyway.
Speaker 4: Kelly, I want you to call the guy that we had on.
Speaker 3: He's a really nice guy on a referral list, but he was the one that gave us some information because we need to set the record straight. There was a lot of wrong information given and I want to talk about it because I don't want wrong information going out on the show.
Speaker 4: I want to bring up.
Speaker 3: Bow Deputy Bou used to be a federal firearms dealer, and Bo, here's what happened. We were told that in the gun industry it's standard never give a refund for a firearm.
Speaker 4: Now I understand that, and that's fine with me. I don't care.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's against federal law to do refunds on firearms once they're taking delivery, and I look that up. So we're not talking about that, though we were talking about where people put a deposit down on a gun and then fail the background check. We were told that most gun dealers will keep your money if your background check does not get approved. And I said, well, that's just not right because I didn't purchase the gun yet. And if I didn't purchase the gun, how can you say it's a refund.
Speaker 4: You're not taking a gun back. I never took the gun.
Speaker 3: And some of the people that texted me and somebody we had on the show said well, it is kind of like.
Speaker 4: It is kind of like a refund, and I said, no, it's not. We're not buying the gun, we're putting a deposit down. Then he said, well, we can't even do a background check until we have a specific gun, so we may have to order a gun for you because you can't do a background check without a specific serial number.
Speaker 3: So now there's two laws involved here. We have federal law for firearms, and then we have the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation BCI, and the background checks are controlled by the state.
Speaker 21: Is that right, bo, Yes, I made a few calls.
Speaker 15: I talked to.
Speaker 21: A field agent who is willing to talk to me yesterday, and the ATF has no jurisdiction or power over these background checks. That's through the car ratt a Bureau of Investigation, and regarding the serial numbers. This, when a gun dealer orders a gun, they know the serial number the gun when they order it because they're ordering it from a manufacturer or a master distributor.
Speaker 15: So for these dealers to say, well, we don't want.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, but do you need a serial number to run a background check?
Speaker 21: I called the CBI this morning and no, you do not. The background check is for the individual.
Speaker 4: And it.
Speaker 21: Is not required not required by this the CBI, they're looking at the individual. On the federal side, the ATF they control the serial number the gun. Now, when a gun dealer calls into the CBI, they normally ask what kind of gun? Is it a handgun or a rifle. But the CBI told me they don't ask for the serial number. But when the background check is completed, they normally attached the background check approved to the forty four of the federal form. So but the CBI does not care about the serial number of the gun. They're just trying to check the individual, which is the state law, not the federal law.
Speaker 3: So technically, before taking a deposit on a gun. They could simply make you pay for the background check if they wanted to.
Speaker 21: Yes, I talked to three gun dealers this morning, and all of them said, if you fail the background check, you have to pay. I believe it's a fifty or sixty dollars dollars denial fee if you fail the background check.
Speaker 15: Now, one gun.
Speaker 21: Gun shop was just quote, it's centennial. I think they're upstanding shop. They said, if the person fails the background check, they will if they buy the gun through the gun shop or ordered in, they will give the customer their money back.
Speaker 15: Now, a couple of other gun shops I talked to.
Speaker 3: Because they didn't yet buy it, because you can't.
Speaker 4: Buy it until you pass.
Speaker 21: They did not take possession of the firearm right so if they paid for it, and if they can't take possession, well the gun shop can't keep the gun and the money from the individual. But Tom, there are two deals big shops here in town that told me if a person fails the background check that they they're going to keep the they're going to keep they're not going to give them the gun, of course, but they're going to keep the purchase price. And I just don't think that's right. And these dealers say, well, it's the law. Well, it's not not the law. It's the business practice of a dealer.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, if a dealer takes a deposit on a gun or payment on a gun and runs a background check and you don't pass the background check and they keep all of the money, they are screwing you and defrauding you.
Speaker 4: That's my opinion.
Speaker 15: And it has nothing to do with the ATF.
Speaker 9: Law they pay caause has anybody tested that with a credit card company? In other words, if you buy the gun with a credit card and you don't get it, has anyone called the credit card company and said, I never got the item. I want you to take it off my credit card?
Speaker 4: Uh huh, I don't know about it.
Speaker 15: Doc has a valid point.
Speaker 21: If the person goes in and pays for the deposit or that pays for the entire gun upfront, which a dealer is going to want to do if they have to order it. If they pay the credit card and they get denied on the background shit, they can contest the credit.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, don't do business. Don't do business with anyone who makes you pay for the gun and won't refund the money if you fail the background don't ever do it, Okay, don't ever do business with gun dealers who do that.
Speaker 4: A gun dealer.
Speaker 3: Should take a deposit or excuse me, a gun dealer can charge you anything they want on the hope you're gonna pay ass and take delivery. But if you don't take delivery, there's no way they should keep your money.
Speaker 4: No way.
Speaker 3: There's no law that says they have to. There's no law that says it's a refund. All of that information is wrong. It is not a purchase until you take delivery. And that's what the and we checked with the ATF and with the BCI. So basically, you do not need a serial number for the background check to make it valid, and you do not have to buy the gun to make it valid.
Speaker 4: It's a bunch of crap.
Speaker 3: We had a dealer one time tell us a few years ago, he went to prison. He was telling us that you buy the gun.
Speaker 4: Okay, you buy the gun, you do the background check.
Speaker 3: If you fail the background check, since you bought the gun, they can't give you a refund. They're going to keep it. He went to jail. Now, not for that. But for that and a lot of other stuff. Now here's the bottom line. You don't buy the gun. You can't buy the gun until you pass the background So you know, I'm sorry gun dealers, but so once we're keeping your money. If you fail a background check, if that has happened to you, you have been screwed.
Speaker 4: You have been defrauded.
Speaker 3: Any dealer, anyone who sells a gun and says you must pay for it and you're not going to get your money back, do not do business with them.
Speaker 4: They are wrong. Okay, they are absolutely wrong.
Speaker 3: They can qualify you before they order the gun. They don't have to order the gun first. They can first qualify you and make sure you're in a pass then they can order the gun, or they can do it the other way around if they want.
Speaker 15: That's right.
Speaker 21: And Tom, I want to point out the ATF Asian I talked to, said they get a lot of complaints into their office about this practice, and they think the ATF can do something about these refunds.
Speaker 15: But that is a business pres We.
Speaker 3: Need to do a class action, not a class action because they're all different gun dealers, but we need.
Speaker 4: To do a test case.
Speaker 3: So because if anybody out there, anyone who has has been denied a refund, I want to know anyone.
Speaker 15: I'd like to know too.
Speaker 21: And out of the three gunshops Centennial Gun Club out here on this side of town, they're the only gun shop that I talked to out of three that are willing to give a refund if someone is denied on it on the check.
Speaker 4: You mean, all the rest of them keep the money.
Speaker 21: I'm gonna tell you right up front. The Denver Gun Room and Green Mountain Guns told me that they will keep the money if you are denied on.
Speaker 15: The on the check.
Speaker 21: And I think the Denver Gun Room told me if I get the night on the check that David.
Speaker 15: They would call and have me arrested.
Speaker 4: Why, I don't know.
Speaker 21: I said, Look, all I want to know is where you refund the money. Well, if you're denied, we're just gonna call the cops and have you arrested.
Speaker 15: I thought they were total er.
Speaker 4: Well I guess, well, no, if you lied, I guess they could.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, if you lied on the form. But sometimes people don't know, they're not good.
Speaker 15: They don't know it's an innocent thing.
Speaker 21: Something could have happened and they're last twenty years ago that they like they forgot, you're riot that called any other day. We're chopper helped out getting his money some harassment charge that he probably forgot right now.
Speaker 15: Now here's I want to point out.
Speaker 3: And by the way, by the way, even if you did line your background, I mean that is that.
Speaker 4: That is a crime, but that still doesn't give them the right to keep your money.
Speaker 15: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 7: Credit.
Speaker 10: You can be denied for a gun. So there's a lot of reasons why you can get denied.
Speaker 7: That's not right.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, let's let's talk to Glade, who has a comment?
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Glade, what's your comment?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 5: Tom?
Speaker 6: Hi Tom?
Speaker 20: Hey, Hey, what I've always wondered, If you have a CCW and you've gone through the background check, which was much more stringent than any background check for buying a gun, why do you need another background check every time you buy a gun?
Speaker 4: I don't in case, in case something in case something new came up.
Speaker 20: Well, if something new came up a restraining order, wouldn't they come after you after you? Wouldn't they come after your I.
Speaker 3: Have no idea that I don't know about, but I don't mind you doing a background check every time you buy a gun.
Speaker 4: I don't mind that. I guess well.
Speaker 20: It's I mean, there's as high as fifty dollars.
Speaker 15: Now it's a state law.
Speaker 6: Why do I need a.
Speaker 4: Fifty It's a state law.
Speaker 21: You have to do it on every gun purchase. Now, you can go into a gun shop and order ten firearms and you're only going to do the one background check because it's a one time purchase for ten. But if you go in a week later and by or the next day and buy a firearm, that's the you're going to be submitting another background check.
Speaker 3: All right, hold on, let me let me basically, I mean, Glade, that's the law. I mean, I don't know why. I really don't. Steve, what's your comment?
Speaker 4: Go ahead? Eve?
Speaker 19: I think my comment is is, so, let's let's say you have a conceiled carry.
Speaker 6: You went through all the all.
Speaker 4: That's what this guy was just saying. Did you hear him? Yeah?
Speaker 22: Go ahead, Yeah, So you have your consil carry, You've already you've already shown that you have no record, and so now you look at it.
Speaker 5: As like, well, why do I need another one? I can show you my conceal carry I've done, I've done.
Speaker 15: And Steve.
Speaker 4: The only thing I can think, the only thing I can think of is if you leave and come back, it's a second purchase, and the purchase has to be a run through background. Again.
Speaker 3: Why the only reason I can say it's state law. And why is the state law that way? Maybe in case something happened from the last check. You know, so from the time you got your concealed Carrie, let's say you had another charge in between.
Speaker 7: Sure, that's why they do them.
Speaker 4: I mean, see, that could be the reason, is what I'm saying. I'm not saying it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know enough about this, but I do know enough to know that it didn't sound right and we checked with the authorities, and it's wrong. You do not have to have a gun purchase to have a background. You can do a background before a purchase and refund every dime to the consumer.
Speaker 4: You don't have to be out a dollar. And it's wrong.
Speaker 3: Now now I'm not talking about refunding guns when someone takes a gun back to the gun store.
Speaker 4: That they can't.
Speaker 3: It's against federal law to refund and to take a gun back.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: Now you can buy a gun from someone you cannot refund the purchase.
Speaker 4: I don't know. You can't, You're not allowed to.
Speaker 3: But you can run a background check before a gun purchase and refund every dime to the consumer. And the gun shops who tell you there are no refunds, they're correct, there are no refunds on the purchase, but there is no purchase until you pass a background So they're screwing you if they keep your money out and out defrauding you.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up. I want to tell you eight eight eight heating dot.
Speaker 3: Com check your AC right now. They do high efficiency ACS and in fact, if you have a solar system, they can do a hybrid system with electrical eight eight eight heating dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 3: We have probid Energy dot Com in the house with US solar dealers and installers. And and by the way, we've been talking about this gun situation. Let me just sum it up real quick and then get the owner of the gun room on because I want to hear from owners. And I'm getting text from owners of gun shops and also owners who say or people who say they're federal firearms dealers, and they say, for the most of them agree with me that some of them, here's what they say. They do not sell a gun until after someone passes a background check. So therefore, if they don't pass the background check, they don't keep the money for the gun. Some keep a deposit because they and they call it a restocking fee because if they had to order the gun in they now have an extra gun in inventory they may have not had before.
Speaker 4: And I don't mind that.
Speaker 3: I do not mind if you tell someone, hey, if you don't pass the background and I order this gun, you're gonna have to pay restocking.
Speaker 4: I don't mind that.
Speaker 3: The problem that I have is when a gun dealer takes your money in full for the gun plus the background check. You fail the background check and they say to you, you don't get a gun, and I keep all your money.
Speaker 4: That bothers me, and that is not what federal law dictates.
Speaker 3: Federal law says you can't take a firearm back and give refunds on firearms once the sale is consummated, but both ATF and BCI said the sale is not consummated until the background check has passed. So Wayne, go ahead. I just wanted you to know what was said. And then I think your store was mentioned.
Speaker 4: By bo Deputy Bow. He said he.
Speaker 3: Talked to three or four gun owner shops, a gunshop on owners and I think he did mention you guys.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Wayne, Well, thanks for having me on Tom.
Speaker 19: Yes, Wayne, Yeah, we do get the periodic denials and because of the waiting period, we do collect full payment. Yeah, and that includes the twelve dollars and fifty cent background checkte and we'll put the gun in the back and sometimes we get immediate answers from CBI. Sometimes it might be a day, and of course we have to wait until a fourth day to transfer the firearm due to the three day weight. Now our sore policy and we have a sign right behind our door is that we have a fifty dollars denial. See and I hope you will I understand.
Speaker 4: I understand that, I completely understand.
Speaker 19: Right, yeah, yeah, So essentially, when we take payment from customers, it shows as a credit and their profile, and like you said, the consummation of it is the transfer piece. Right, A background check approval is one thing, but until they actually reach see the firearm, it's not legally transferred.
Speaker 6: By the ATF rules.
Speaker 19: So it could be on the fourth day, could be on the tenth day, right, just within the thirty days that that background check is open for. But so essentially customers get full refunds minus the sixty.
Speaker 6: Two dollars and fifty cents from the gun room.
Speaker 19: So the fifty dollars just covers our time. And then of course that twelve dollars and fifty cents is a hard cost from Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
Speaker 3: Good and but you don't buy it. You don't just keep one of the gun purchase, right.
Speaker 6: Gosh no, no.
Speaker 19: In fact, I've had one bad review from the customer because they wouldn't hold the gun for more than thirty days because people can appeal, and we regularly get customers back. I'll get emails. Hey, this reversal turn to approval, so we'll call the customer. He come on in if we still have the gun. But at that point we've refunded money, so there's no reason to hold the gun.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 19: There has been a few situations where customers will say, I'm going to get this overturned, keep my money, hold the gun.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 19: We'll do that, of course only for length of time because we have consignment guns too. I don't want to keep a gun on the shelf that may be transferred and withhold the billage to sell it so that consigner can get paid.
Speaker 3: But you do know, Wayne, there are there are gun shop owners that keep all of the money if someone fails the background check, even though the gun was never delivered.
Speaker 6: That's not right.
Speaker 4: I mean we're in agreement.
Speaker 19: Yes, absolutely, we are an agreement, Tom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 3: And again, like I said, I think you know I'm not. I don't think you said anything bad about your shop at all. We were just giving the different policies of different shops. But we have another text here of a guy who says the cost of a background check varies depending on the shop, because some dealers charge as little as, let's see, thirteen bucks, some charge fifteen.
Speaker 4: I don't know is that true. How much did they.
Speaker 19: Charge stop cost from CBI is we get charged twelve dollars and fifty cents.
Speaker 6: And I believe shops can charge whatever they want.
Speaker 4: Of course they can.
Speaker 6: Our fee is what we get charged.
Speaker 19: It's just more transparency in how we operate and do business.
Speaker 4: How long you've been in business? You know?
Speaker 19: The gun Room's been open since nineteen eighty two, and I'm the third owner. We've been in this same location since ninety four. It's been a kind of a staple in Colorado. It's a it's kind of a fun shop. I've been owner for a little over two and a half years now.
Speaker 4: When was the biggest year for gun sales? I'm just curious.
Speaker 19: I would have to assume the COVID year. Oh really, okay, the financials that I saw from the prior owner. But prior to that, I haven't seen financials. I wouldn't I would be guessing at that point.
Speaker 3: I was just curious if things affect gun sales like presidential presidential racist election years.
Speaker 6: Do they they do?
Speaker 19: April was one of our better months since I bought the shop, and that was there was a lot of rhetoric in Colorado and talk of a semi automatic van and guns did move quite a bit at a higher clip during that month. I think that we've been building inventory. I expect to be a bump here with the election. I think people are kind of waiting to see where we're gonna be, and I think for the most part, people are struggling financially. It's been from what I've heard from other owners, this is the slowest summer in gun sales in Colorado and sometimes.
Speaker 3: But I want to clarify too what I read about federal law. Once they take that gun and walk out the store, there is no refund on that right.
Speaker 6: That is correct.
Speaker 19: All sales are final, and you find that very consistent in the industry, whether it's a brand new gun or a used gun.
Speaker 6: There's no warranty.
Speaker 19: Is brand new guns, if there's a problem, they say, well, call Ruger or call whoever in the MANUFA.
Speaker 4: Now if they're if some good, go ahead. If someone wants to sell a gun, though they want to get rid of a gun, can they take it in? And can you buy a gun.
Speaker 19: As an FFL. We can buy guns consigned guns, but you can't sell them to individuals they have that has to be transferred through an FFL.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you very much. We really appreciated the gun room owner.
Speaker 4: We got more coming up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage? Dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Let me go back to the phones for having a very spirited discussion on UH gun purchases The right way the wrong way. Richard has a comment. Go ahead, Richard, Richard, is he still on or not. If not, I'll go on to someone else. Oh he's gone. Okay, Richard, you got to hang out, bro. It takes a little while to get to you. I'm gonna go to Ron about his apartment.
Speaker 4: Him. Ron, what's going on?
Speaker 6: RONI? How you doing?
Speaker 23: Tom?
Speaker 4: What's going on on?
Speaker 22: I just moved into an apartment. They end of sept Timber and the ahv AC unit on the ceiling started leaking, and I of court was called the maintenance and the landlord. They had maintenance come look at it. They replaced the whole unit. They started leaking again.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, it was leaking. Where where where's it leaking from.
Speaker 22: It's one of these ceiling units that's the central air and heating, And that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make sense if they replaced the whole unit, so it wasn't leaking and the unit's probably leaking from one of the condensation lines or something.
Speaker 22: Yeah, they checked it. They called in. I guess they have a third party vendor. They worked through. They took the whole unit out and replaced it or replaced something to do with the coal.
Speaker 4: The way it's how bad is the water coming into your place?
Speaker 16: Well, the last flood was August twenty eighth.
Speaker 4: Way, wait, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 3: Woh, you use the word you use the word flood. My god, acs don't have that much water. What do you mean flood?
Speaker 22: Some kind of way to have this wired from the hot water heater up to the wait wait.
Speaker 4: Wait, you don't.
Speaker 6: You don't.
Speaker 4: You don't put water into an air conditioner.
Speaker 22: Yeah, Tom, I can't explain how they have it wired up.
Speaker 3: But well they don't have it first of all. Okay, I don't know how they have it plumbed. But nothing in an AC takes water.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 7: Is it a mini split heat pump that wouldn't take water?
Speaker 3: They you know, when you said flood, you had water come into your apartment water water, and the water's coming Hold on, the water's coming from your ceiling. Yeah, And why are you thinking it's coming from the AC.
Speaker 22: Because when I turned the AC on at night, when I was turning the central air on, it was dripping on the floor. And I told him about that. The main is He said it was condensation is the.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 3: The condensation would leak, but it wouldn't flood.
Speaker 6: It wouldn't flood.
Speaker 4: No. No, And by the way, an attic unit.
Speaker 10: Wouldn't the case if the pans plugged up or something, you know, the some water comes out and it drains into a drain or it drains outside.
Speaker 7: If that pant's plugged up, it could leak. But I don't.
Speaker 4: But what did you mean? What did you mean by hot water?
Speaker 22: When I came home, because I was gone all day at work, I came home, the neighbor said her there was water coming from my floor to her unit. I went upstairs by went by unit and it was flood like two inches of water.
Speaker 6: It broke up top.
Speaker 4: That's not bro That is not an air conditioner condenser.
Speaker 8: Are you sure you're not talking about like a swamp cooler.
Speaker 22: No, No, it's it's apartment with the central hair and he says, they said it runs all through that up top there. It's all connected up top above us.
Speaker 6: So it's central air.
Speaker 3: You now you're listen, you're not You're not getting the right information. I mean, Ron, you know, first of all, any AC unit that would drip would be outside.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's nothing to drip, there's nothing. I need to call one of our people. We need to call one of our experts.
Speaker 3: We're either going to call fix it twenty four to seven plumb line or eight eight eight heating call either call anyone who has any idea about this AC.
Speaker 4: I mean we got to get an expert on. And in any case, let's say we get our expert on.
Speaker 3: What are you asking? Do you want to know what's going on? Or are you just complaining because they're not fixing it? What's the issue?
Speaker 22: Well, the last update they had a car market, a restoration company come in, dry the place out, and yesterday take something on my door saying I owe them fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, wait, wait, wait wait, now hold on, Ron, why are they charging you that money?
Speaker 22: Well, they're saying it looks like the notes are saying even though shows in the notes I turned the hot water heater lever off to stop the water, they said that I had a A on the wrong temperature and it triggered something in that unit to go off hot.
Speaker 3: Right wait wait wait, wait wait wait, your hot water tank has nothing to do with the AC. I mean, first of all, I see Ron, you got we are we are driving blind here. You turned off the hot water meaning what what did you turn off? Did you turn off the supply to your hot water to going into your water heater or coming out of your water heater.
Speaker 22: Well, the best I can explain it from my knowledge, when I came into my apartment, it was flooding and it was pouring out of the top ceiling where they have this type going into this I guess it is since joyer and heat, and I pulled the lever down in the that's connected to the hot water heater and it stopped the water from coming out.
Speaker 4: Well, then I'm kind I have no idea what you're talking.
Speaker 3: Honest to God, Ron, I don't have any idea what you're talking about. So if you're claiming you don't owe the money because you didn't do the damage, I agree with you. But if you did do the damage, you would owe the money. But I need to know what I don't even know what's going on, I mean, honest to God, I mean, from what you're telling me, you saw water coming from the ceiling. And how do you know the lever that you pulled is on your water heater? Is your water heater in the ceiling?
Speaker 22: Now the water heater is in a little closet because they put it.
Speaker 3: In and you and you wait and you pulled and you and you turned off the water heater in the closet.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it stopped the leak in the ceiling.
Speaker 3: Sure did, yes, But it had nothing to do with your air conditioner.
Speaker 4: I promise you. Do you have hot water heat?
Speaker 6: Nothing works?
Speaker 22: Now, there's no heat.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm.
Speaker 3: Asking what kind of heat do you have in your apartment?
Speaker 6: It's what look?
Speaker 10: Is it forced air? Do you have vents with where the heat comes through the vents?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, the apartment building.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't understand. Does each apartment have a water heater?
Speaker 22: I assume now, Ron, Ron, I hate telling you this.
Speaker 3: We can't help you until somebody actually goes to your apartment and eyeball stuff. I don't know if I can get a volunteer or someone to look at your place. I wish I could get Bow because bo is In was in the business hvac.
Speaker 4: He would know.
Speaker 3: In fact, let's see if bo would what part of town is your apartment building?
Speaker 6: Central?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: You know what I want to see. Deputy Bow is a smart guy. He was in the HVAC business. He might be able to go over there. He's not in right now, but I want to ask him if he'll drop over to see what's going on in your place, and let's see what's happening. We had were, like I said, we're flying blind. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Jay's got to comment on that apartment issue.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Jay, what's your comment?
Speaker 3: He's saying he has water coming down from the ceiling of things from the HVAC unit, and the way he got it to stop was by turning off the lever to his water heater. I have no idea how they would be connected at all, but go ahead, what do you say, what do you have to say?
Speaker 4: Jay?
Speaker 23: Yeah, When he added a little more and more to that, it got stranger all the time. But air conditionings do produce a ton of water, and if it's not pumped away, it can startly can all.
Speaker 4: But where does it produce? It usually produces it on the outside condenser.
Speaker 23: Right, Yeah, but most of them have because, like he said, his was up in the on the roof or something, or in the attict.
Speaker 4: No, it's in his addict.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 23: So if it's in the attic and it's not pumping it out, it's going to come through the dry wall.
Speaker 4: But they don't put condensers in atticts.
Speaker 23: I I'd have to say there's something there making water if it's coming out of the attic.
Speaker 4: Well, but I think he's wrong about it being the AC.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying. I mean, who knows. He might be right, but it just seems so weird.
Speaker 23: It is weird, but.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, that doesn't make sense. He turned off his water heater and it stopped the leaking.
Speaker 23: Yeah, Like I said, the more he added to that, the stranger had got so somebody is going to have to look at it for sure.
Speaker 4: Jay, Thank you. We need to get Boat to go over there. Brandon wants to talk about Sentry Link Frank Consumer Sailor, and then we have another comment on the apartment issue.
Speaker 3: Please hang on, Bean, We'd love to get to you. And more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Plus probid energy dot com for your source for solar systems. Stay tuned to the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 11: Rift News.
Speaker 4: You don't have.
Speaker 1: Run insiousness.
Speaker 24: This is good.
Speaker 1: The Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martinez, Hi.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one to three talks seven one three, eight, two five five. So we had a guy call and say that he's getting water coming in from a ceiling. Right, And this show, by the way, talks about everything, life, liberty, pursue, happiness, everything in the world.
Speaker 4: So water's coming in through his apartment. He thinks it's from the HVAC. They replaced the hv sate HVAC unit or the AC unit, and he says that the water still was leaking. He went over to his water heater, turned off his water heater, and somehow the water stopped leaking. The water from a water heater has nothing to do with air conditioning.
Speaker 3: And an an air conditioner has condensation. It does not come from inside. It comes from the outside units condensation. There's nothing on an inside air conditioner that I know of that creates condensation of the components on the inside. You may have a I don't know, a coil or something. I mean, but but we're not talking about a lot of stuff here and in an apartment house. I have no idea what he's talking about in his ceiling. What is is in his ceiling? Now, the air mover could be in his ceiling. That would be his furnace and his air but I don't know how that could leak a lot of water and how his water heater can turn it off.
Speaker 4: They're not interconnected.
Speaker 3: This whole thing sounds crazy, but Deputy bow is going to go out.
Speaker 4: And look at it.
Speaker 3: And Deputy Bou used to be in the HVAC business. Bean, you have a comment, and then Brian go ahead. Bean, what's your comment?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 6: Yeah the time. My name is Bean dt A Han.
Speaker 4: Yes, Bean, Yes, yeah, okay, weird name, good name, good name.
Speaker 6: Are you Are you familiar with a water source heat pump?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yes, well hold on now a heat pump no, actually not a boiler, but not a water worse heat pump.
Speaker 6: No okay, Well the guy said he lives in an apartment. And what they do for everybody to have their own individual heating and cooling, they put these little heat pumps. They're capable of heating and cooling in each apartment, so they can. They've got a thermostat that talks to that heat pump. Okay, But because it's inside the building and they want heating and cooling, they use water to transfer the heat outside or to a boiler in the summertime. What they do, what they do is pump the water outside the building to a cooling tower. You've seen those things on buildings. I assume, yeah, okay, well that's cooling the water for the building. Well, and then they pump that back into the building, and that takes the heat away from the compressor that's in the heat pump up in the attic.
Speaker 4: Wow, how do you know this?
Speaker 6: I know a little bit about this stuff. And so in time, they have a boiler that's just in the just does the reverse because now it's in a heat pump situation. It okay, and and and and I've seen it where these hoses are fittings or whatever. Sometimes they use ruppers, sometimes they dis copper, but they'll get corrosion and those pipes will leak. Well, there's a shut off valve on those return and supply lines of water. You follow that, and that that's what that guy did, was turn off that water.
Speaker 4: But it wasn't on his water heater.
Speaker 6: Well he was mistaken there, Yeah, but he probably thought it was on his water heater because the water as it leaves that compressor is hot.
Speaker 3: And that's so you're saying that instead of using they use actually.
Speaker 4: Water to carry the heat out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what what I'm saying is you're used to an air exchange set up, right, totally a this is water.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 3: Because that's the only way they could have a unit in each apartment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's basically it.
Speaker 3: Ah okay, but why wouldn't they use a refrigerant.
Speaker 6: Of some kind? A heat pumped has refrigerant in it.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is this is simply to cool the coil.
Speaker 4: Well or the whatever it's it's to. It's to get rid of the heat from the unit. I should say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a little compressor up in that unit.
Speaker 4: No, I get it.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's it's to get rid of that heat that would normally be sitting outside with a fan.
Speaker 6: Wait at your condenser outside right right?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, there's.
Speaker 6: A heat exchanger inside that unit, now I know.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, that's very cool. I never knew that.
Speaker 3: So that's how they put a unit in a ceiling and can exchange inge the air the heat I mean, without having it outside with a with a fan.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. Yeah, it can't get simple.
Speaker 3: But it's water. It's water source cooling. Yeah, it's very thank you bean, thank you that that sounds very logical to me, very logical. Maybe when they replace the unit, they replaced the unit but never even looked at the the couplings. Brian, what is your comment, Bean's a pretty smart guy.
Speaker 16: A lot of a lot of condos have water source heat pumps, but the newer apartments or even the older ones in Denver, they have a lot of units that run off the water heaters hot water, so they have a hot water coil.
Speaker 6: It's air to air.
Speaker 16: It just has a hot water coil in it, and then it'll have a condenser outside for the uh.
Speaker 3: So it could be that too, right, It could be that too. It could be that he does have water going up there from the heater.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 16: But then okay, also Tom, every air conditioner has the evaporated coil, and the evaporated oil produces water inside the building. Inside of adding, you're always going to have water coming out of your evaporated coil because that's what removes the heat from the air.
Speaker 3: So on my on my let's just say, on my home here where I have a furnace air system, an HVAC central air.
Speaker 4: Where is my evaporator.
Speaker 16: It's inside above your furnace is connected to the top of your furnace.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 16: I'm sure you're just on top of the furnace.
Speaker 3: And that's what that's what the blower motor, that's what the blower motor blows over to put put to put cool air into.
Speaker 16: My home, right and air condition. Really, what it does is remove moisture from the building, and the moisture gets carried out to the drain line. That's that comes out of your evaporated coil. Okay, gosh a furnaces and the evaporation and.
Speaker 3: The and the process of evaporation is what cause causes the coolness, and that's what's carried through my home.
Speaker 4: The cool air.
Speaker 16: No, it's just the process of having the refriver and lower than the due point and then the when the air hits that coil, it turns into moisture and and.
Speaker 3: The byproduct of evaporation is cool. Yes, yeah, I get what you're saying. No, that's that's pretty You're you're you're both are really shedding a lot of light on this. Thank you very much, man, Brian and Bean, thank you love. I've always said I have the smartest listeners. I'll put them up against anyone.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: If you ever listened to like these dummies in the morning with Brownie and Dragon. That those guys on that talk pack, you can tell.
Speaker 4: I say, we've got clever listeners, for sure. I wouldn't call them the smartest thought. They're goobers. They're good, that's what he calls them. I call mine geniuses.
Speaker 3: Except my YouTube morons, and that's a loving expend.
Speaker 4: My YouTube aren't really morons.
Speaker 3: They're YouTube observers of the highest degree.
Speaker 4: Uh, Frank, what is going on with Consumer Cellular?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 25: Yeah, I'm kind of I'm sure you're going to say that this is an easy fix, but I'm stuck in a little issue. What is it, business bone that I've had the business number for fourteen years?
Speaker 6: Okay for a month.
Speaker 25: Now I can't get it. I can't get Consumer Cellular to turn it back on.
Speaker 3: So here's wall Wait wait, wait, why was it turned off to begin with?
Speaker 25: Well, my phone broke, that's all.
Speaker 3: But but what do you mean when your phone breaks, your number still works?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 25: Exactly. So what happened is I paid my bill and then all of a sudden that phone number wouldn't work anymore. At least that could retrieve you.
Speaker 3: Well, wait a minute, you paid your bill. Now you normally pay your bill right is? Or is this a special event?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 25: No, it was a special event because I was a little late, maybe too.
Speaker 3: Okay, See that's probably more so than the phone breaking. Hold on a second, I'll come right back to you, Frank, don't hang up.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martine more coming up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three A three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom Martina out here.
Speaker 3: Renew Home Innovations will do beautiful showers for you. Custom walls systems that are stone resin that look like stone, no maintenance, beautiful glass panels with no doors needed.
Speaker 4: You go around the corner, no thresholds to stumble over. No, you have perimeter drains and beautiful grab bars soap, dishes, benches, whatever you wanted their custom two or three days. But here's the real key, seventy two months to pay with no interest. No one does it renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four to two thousand. Frank has an issue now, So Frank, let's start in the beginning. You had consumer Cellular with a number that you had for a long time. Right then, what happened?
Speaker 25: My phone broke, just the screen, but I couldn't access it. And I called them and toonement's broken. But I could still get my voicemails so I could sell run of business.
Speaker 4: Right, so your phone broken? And then what keep going?
Speaker 25: They wanted me to buy one of their phones. Sure, buy a phone.
Speaker 4: Did you buy a phone back on?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 25: I did. But guess what They want to send an activation code to that phone number, and I said, well how do you do that?
Speaker 3: So when you bought a new phone, they didn't port your number over to the new phone.
Speaker 25: No, they wouldn't. They said they have to secure security pin security code and I said, well I can't get that because the phone's not active yet.
Speaker 6: Well that's do it.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, the phone is broken. So if you don't have access to that phone. How are they supposed to send a security code?
Speaker 25: Exactly? So there's a backup plan, which is up.
Speaker 4: But where did the non payment of the bill come in?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 25: Oh no, I was just two days late.
Speaker 6: I paid it.
Speaker 25: When I paid it, that's when I couldn't even use it, not even for voicemail. That's what's strange to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, So now the old phone completely does not work, and you can't get your old number.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 25: But they said they'll send it to an old email address. And I said, no, but you've had my new email address for years. The one you have on file is an old one. I cannot access it no more.
Speaker 3: They said, well, why didn't you change your email with them.
Speaker 25: I did. That's the problem, Tom, I changed it, and they've sent me emails with the new email address. I said, don't send it to that old one. He says, that's the only one I have.
Speaker 4: I said, and what there must be another way to verify you, or just cancel your damn account and start over.
Speaker 25: That's what I'm doing. But i'd have to lose that number.
Speaker 4: No you don't, No, no, no, you do not.
Speaker 3: They must port your number out, they must but okay how and no no, no, dead number is not locked inside a phone.
Speaker 25: Okay, port it, yeah, that give me.
Speaker 6: The right number.
Speaker 4: What is your new service going to be?
Speaker 25: It doesn't matter. It could be T Mobile Metro.
Speaker 4: Well, it does matter.
Speaker 3: That's actually because because the new service, you're going to make a request with the new service to have your number ported and they're going to put that in with the old service, and Consumer Cellular must release your number.
Speaker 25: They won't.
Speaker 4: Don't have the problem. Yes they will.
Speaker 6: I didn't, Yes they will.
Speaker 25: Well they said they sent it to that other email addressed.
Speaker 4: You're not even listening to me, Frank. You're not asking them to change your number to another phone. You're asking them to port your number out to another carrier. That's a whole different ballgame.
Speaker 6: Perfect.
Speaker 4: Don't even get into it with the new carrier. Listen to me. Do not even get into.
Speaker 3: The broken phone. Don't say a word. All you're saying is this, I want my number ported. They will get information from you, the new carrier, and they will put in a port order for your number. You tell them the only way I'm going to take your service is if you can get my old number ported in.
Speaker 4: They will port your number in.
Speaker 25: Okay, I heard you loud and clear.
Speaker 4: Now you can call me back if you have any problems.
Speaker 3: But you shouldn't because the people know what they're doing when you get a new service. So go to a good service that will port your number in. You know, you can even go to Google and have that.
Speaker 4: Number poorted in. You can.
Speaker 3: But again, and then you can forward that Google to whatever you want.
Speaker 4: You can. Like people don't realize this. If you have a number that you own that you love, you should put it into Google. And here's why Google Voice is free.
Speaker 3: You can have Google Voice and then just immediately no matter what phone.
Speaker 4: Whatever, wherever you are, wherever you are, you can have that Google phone number forwarded.
Speaker 3: So even if you want it to take time off and you have a worker, you can have them answer your phone. You never have to have a phone with your real number on it.
Speaker 4: It's just a trick, it's a little hack.
Speaker 3: You use Google Voice as the intermediary where your favorite number resides and stays, and then you can forward it anywhere you want.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Brendan, how are you? What's happening?
Speaker 6: Hey? Tom? Hey, hey, damn man.
Speaker 24: Years man, I've Denver native have been listening to you forever. This is the first time I've ever called you.
Speaker 4: What's the problem.
Speaker 24: Frustrated with Quantum Fiber? I could puke?
Speaker 3: Now, what what's going on? What do you use quantum for for your broadband?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 24: So I live over here in old town Littleton and we have lit fiber service here to the house, gig a bit lit fiber from Quantum Fiber.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool. But that's really fast, right, Yeah.
Speaker 24: It's great, it works great, no issues with it. The issues that I have are with their terrible, terrible, terrible customer service.
Speaker 4: Tom, what's wrong? Tell me the tell me the problem.
Speaker 24: So I'm having two little dinky issues. One issue is I can't access the modem firmware to change and stuff. I'm locked out of their proprietary wireless mesh system.
Speaker 3: Now hold on, hold on, so what what I want to Just address that real quick? Okay, Normally when you have a modem in your home, Okay, normally they take care of all the firmware and all that. Why do you need to access that? I'm just curious.
Speaker 24: There's two pieces of network here in my house. The first piece of network here is the network interface device which turns the lit fiber optics signal into a copper signal.
Speaker 4: Right, And and why why okay, hold on? Is that is that piece of.
Speaker 3: Network equipment that turns it to a from a from a fiber to a digital to.
Speaker 4: A it's a it's a digital, but it's it's over copper. So when it transfers.
Speaker 24: From LI, it turns it from a lit. So the fiber optic signal that comes into my house is over a fiber cable and it's got fiber optic light on it.
Speaker 3: Right, and it changes from light to electromagnetic. But once it does that, right, I get it, man, I get it. But once it goes from light to electromagnetic, what I want to know is this is that piece of equipment before or after your modem.
Speaker 24: That's before So that's the first piece of equipment in the chain that comes in and does.
Speaker 4: All the and then hold on. Then the normal electromagnetic signal goes into the modem.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 24: It's an r J forty five ethernet cable that goes from that piece of equipment to their proprietary wireless mesh system. It's three pods what this one, this copper Ethernet cable connects to the first one. An these three pods are supposed to create a.
Speaker 3: Right, a mesh network that they I know, they talk to each other. I get it, bro, they talk to each other. So where is the failure?
Speaker 24: Anyways? The failure is they have a proprietary guy like a log in that you control this thing from from an app like.
Speaker 4: I when you oh gone, When you say control, okay, hold on, bro, When you say control this thing, is it controlling the transformer that goes from fiber to electromagnetic or is it controlling the modem? Or is it controlling the first mesh in the chain?
Speaker 24: It controls your entire mesh system.
Speaker 4: I get it. But what are you accessing to do it?
Speaker 24: So I use the app. It logs me into the wireless system and I can change like my WI.
Speaker 4: What does it?
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, I know you think I don't know what I'm talking about, but I promise you I do. What are you logging into When you say the wireless system, which component.
Speaker 4: Are you logging into?
Speaker 7: Mesh?
Speaker 4: The first mesh in the chain, not the modem, I would assume.
Speaker 24: So there, I mean the first one is the one that's actually physically connected to the piece of.
Speaker 3: Which one assigns your IPS, Which ones assigned your IPS or does the dynamic assignment?
Speaker 6: Which one the mesh system?
Speaker 4: Okay, so what are you trying? Why do you have to log in? What are you trying to do?
Speaker 24: So the system you're able to go in and control, like when I can set times for when my kids can.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: You can set times for each of the nodes or all of them together.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 24: Man, so I can go in and I can make sure that the kids are going to bed, that's right.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: So you can't log in to do all of that interface exactly?
Speaker 24: Why locked out?
Speaker 4: Why are you locked it?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 4: Why are you locked out of it?
Speaker 24: It just stopped working one day, and so I went through the password reset steps, right, and it's it's said it was reset. It's still went log in. I probably did that like five times, yes, right, everything I possibly could. And then I just said, okay, well, enough's enough. It's time to content their customer service right right? Non existent, Tom, non existent.
Speaker 4: It's not even in India.
Speaker 24: You can't even get someone to pick up the phone I spent. I've probably spent eight hours over the last few days.
Speaker 4: I want to ask some Ambia's stuff. Brendan. Brendan, when how did you first get locked out of it?
Speaker 24: That's that's the big mystery.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 24: I just all of a sudden one day I went just about a week ago, I went to go log into their software that controls all this and I was signed out. And I went to sign in, it said my password is in dallad.
Speaker 4: Okay and listen.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to tell you a few things it could be, but better than that, I'm not going to tell you that. I'm going to tell you I have very complicated in my home, and I will tell you that I use my modem in bridge mode, I go to a mesh. I have all of the same stuff you're talking about. Here's what you do, even though you think it's not going to work.
Speaker 4: Try it. Please try it.
Speaker 3: Uninstall that app on your phone completely, get rid of it, and then download it again. Also, take every piece of power out of your network and let it sit for thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: Complete every piece the modem for the transfer. The does the transfer have power or is it powered by the light? Powered by the light? What is it powered by the light or do you have to plug it in.
Speaker 24: Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Tom, but I have tried all the above. Okay, remove the app from all my devices. I've power cycled all of my equipment.
Speaker 4: But did you do them all at the same time?
Speaker 3: Did you power cycle the entire system down completely and remove the app, then install the app, then reboot the system.
Speaker 4: Did you do all that?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 24: I have, and then and then it's broken wound If I can take an Ethernet cable and I can connect hard line straight to the media converter, and that's not the issue. Now everything's working as it should. I just can't walk into the systems.
Speaker 4: Right, you can't set your parameters.
Speaker 3: You can't set your parameters somehow the app. I think it's in the app and not in the hardware. Okay, hardware doesn't change.
Speaker 24: I think it's more frustrating, Tom. This is a simple issue that should be handled by their customer service.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 24: You can't get to anybody. You can't reach a person I sat on you get on their chat. It is I think there was like one hundred something people on there. I sat on there for three hours and when I finally got to the chat, it is shut down on me.
Speaker 3: Hold on the second. Listen, I share your frustration. Listen, you're not technology in general. You're not the only one. Whether it's Sentry Link or whatever it is, everyone has the same problem with customer support.
Speaker 4: No one wants to talk to anyone. So what I'd like to know is.
Speaker 24: I got it, and another thing too. Con My other issue is I'm supposed to be getting a credit. I have two kids, and I get that FDC credit towards internet bill.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all of a sudden.
Speaker 24: Like three months ago, that stopped showing up on credit towards my bill. And I can't on anybody to find out what happened with.
Speaker 4: Have you ever thought about just discontinuing the service and just to go with a Google Mesh?
Speaker 24: Check this out, man. If you go to cancel, you go online to your portal to cancel your service. It makes you call their phone number, and you call their phone number, you'll sit on hold for two hours and then you don't talk to anybody. You can.
Speaker 4: I bet you if you unplugged their equipment and don't pay the bill, you'll get their attention.
Speaker 24: Well, they'll send me to collections.
Speaker 6: I mean, where are you?
Speaker 4: Who cares? Who cares?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, If truly it's as frustrating as you say it is, and I have no doubt, here's what I would do.
Speaker 4: I would literally put in an system and take that system out and not pay the bill. That's exactly.
Speaker 3: And then when I get their attention, i'd say, you never responded. Here's and I would keep copious notes on when I tried to connect to them and get help. And then if they take if they try to send you a collection, this big deal.
Speaker 4: They'd have to go to court.
Speaker 3: And if they literally have the nerve to take you to court, you march in with the equipment and with your notes, saying, here is the service I've gotten that I refuse to pay for, and you win. Here's the problem. People don't do that. People don't do that kind of thing. But that's what you need to do. If it is as frustrating as you say it is, and I believe you, and if you truly tried to do what I did with the rebooting of the entire system and reapplication, I would do it. But I got to tell you, man, there's no magic. There isn't Sometimes there are just companies that suck, just totally absolutely suck.
Speaker 4: I mean there are, by the way, I'm.
Speaker 24: Glad what I was able to get on is face some Tom. That's what people need to know.
Speaker 19: Be aware.
Speaker 3: But I would, I swear to God, I would disconnect that I would get I would get sentry link or something in there. I would use a just use any What you do is get a regular generic modem and have it go to Google Mesh and then control everything through Google Mesh.
Speaker 4: We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter Anthony, you have an employment law question. What's going on, Anthony, I'll give you the quick mile above you.
Speaker 26: Short version is, my wife's company did a bunch of layoffs literally yesterday. Oh oh, and then they talked to her today and I'm not sure who they talked to her today, wanted to give her quote opinions on the situation, and then after that they let her go.
Speaker 4: Do you think because of her answer they let her go?
Speaker 26: I mean, to me, in my mind, that's the only logical answer, because if they were going to let her go as part of the mass layoff that they literally did yesterday, they would have let her go yesterday with everyone else.
Speaker 4: Well, what did she tell them? What was her opinion?
Speaker 26: Did she know the exact thing? Because she's there, they're digging, they're getting another it's not an exit interview, but they're having somebody talk to her right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, what did you What kind of company is this?
Speaker 26: It's a nationwide shipping company.
Speaker 4: Is she a higher up middle management or what a flunky?
Speaker 26: What is she more in the middle payroll area?
Speaker 4: Is she in management at all?
Speaker 26: Hourly payroll clerk?
Speaker 16: Basically?
Speaker 4: Okay, So, Anthony, what is your question?
Speaker 26: Does that sound to you like something we should talk to a labor lawyer about as well.
Speaker 3: Tell me why you why do you think that? Tell me why you think that? I mean, I don't know what you're thinking? What what what do you What angle do you think you have?
Speaker 26: If they were just wanting to let her go as part of a giant layoff, why wouldn't they have done that as part of the layoff They literally just did instead of waiting till the next day and then asking her opinion. And if they were planning on letting her go, why would they need to or even care about her opinion?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do the different Let's do the different scenarios, Anthony. Let's say they wanted to let her go the first time around, but they forgot literally, so they let her go a day later, No harm, no foul, They have every right to do it. Let's say scenario number two. Let's say they thought they wanted to keep her, but they wanted to make sure everybody who remained behind was completely on board, and they didn't like her answer, so they fired her today instead of yesterday, absolutely positively within their power, with no problem.
Speaker 4: Let's take another scenario.
Speaker 3: Let's say they were on the fence and they weren't sure if they wanted to keep her or not. And somebody says, you know what, I don't like the smirk on her face. And so they fired her absolutely positively within their power, with no problem.
Speaker 4: Let's take another scenario. She walks in and they say, we didn't realize she's a woman she or we didn't realize she was black, or we didn't realize she was Jewish, or we didn't realize she was this old.
Speaker 3: Then they would have a problem, gotcha. So I don't What I'm trying to get at is why. And again I'm not challenging you because you might know something. I don't why you thought there would be why they can't just do that? What is there that you thought they were doing wrong?
Speaker 26: I guess I didn't see it from that perspective. The only car and I saw was that they called her asking for her opinion on it.
Speaker 3: And you can be fired for your opinion. True, you can be fired for anything. I mean, really, you can be fired for your opinion. You really can be I mean even I'm going to tell you something that you might find crazy.
Speaker 4: If they don't like your.
Speaker 3: Opinion about Trump, or they don't like your opinion about Kamala Harris. They can fire you. People don't think they can be fired for politics. They can be They can't be suppressed while they're on the job as far as expressing themselves legally somewhere else.
Speaker 4: But they can be fired if they don't jive with the company.
Speaker 3: They really can be Now, they can't be fired if the company they don't like black people. And she says, I don't believe in discrimination. That's different. There are only certain things that are actually protected.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Obviously, companies can be jerks and canceled and all that for atrocious behavior with employees. That's why they don't do it right. But I don't see this as atrocious. I see this as just they just handled they bungled it, they handled it wrong. I mean, you know, they should have told her why, what reason did they give her?
Speaker 26: They they haven't given her a reason. That's why the person's calling her a little bit later. So it sounds like, really, the only thing we've got would be the unemployment.
Speaker 3: That's what you yeah, because if she wasn't fired for cause or it wouldn't be adequate. By the way they didn't like her answers, that's not an adequate reason. She can get unemployment, That's what I would go for, or she can just when they call, say, listen, I would like to know.
Speaker 4: Is there anything I can do to make this up? I love my job.
Speaker 3: If she does, and if it's not against the law, if it's not illegal, if it's not immoral, maybe she'll get her job back.
Speaker 4: I mean that the company is smart. If you're not giving a reason, that's right.
Speaker 3: But what what you don't understand is they can give a reason and still be smart because you don't have to have a.
Speaker 11: Good reason, right.
Speaker 4: But I mean, but the only reason.
Speaker 3: Look, look, I think if she likes her job, she should tell them that and just be honest.
Speaker 4: Say I'm floored. I don't know why I was fired. Why didn't you fire me yesterday? Just ask them. People love directness and honesty, not threats. They love directness and honesty more. Coming right up, Go with a sure.
Speaker 3: Thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, Here excelroofing dot com for all.
Speaker 4: Of your roofing needs. The people I call first anything to do with my roof excel as an excellent ex Cel excelroofing dot com. Hey, let's talk solar. So someone wants to know what financing is available. They can get tax credits, what about the actual of financing on a house system? What can they get?
Speaker 10: So there's a couple loans that we can look at. One would be the renew loan that Colorado supports.
Speaker 4: And how long does that go to.
Speaker 7: The loan program? No end date?
Speaker 10: And then we've got in house financing through a company called good Leap.
Speaker 4: And what are rates running around?
Speaker 10: They're pretty ugly, like what, oh gosh, that's around five to nine.
Speaker 4: Well that's not terrible. Actually that's not.
Speaker 10: Terrible, but the dealer fees are pretty high. So that renew loan's pretty good because there are no dealer fees. In it good, and then we're starting to do some leases again. They're starting to go back that way because they're way more affordable than the loans are.
Speaker 4: All right, very cool, that's probit energy dot com