Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: A six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Mark Thompson here on this Sunday, and I'm just kind of looking back at what's happened over the last couple of days. The No King's protests, of course, just filled the streets coast to coast, and here in southern California, tens of thousands of protesters in downtown La, all in opposition to President Trump's policies. There was a raid today. Was it today or yesterday with Santa Fe Springs the swap meet? I think it was yesterday, actually, yeah, But once again I was touching on at last hour, they are saying in terms of raids, that they're going to do less of that kind of thing and more of the stuff they'd said they were going to do, which is the going after violent criminals, going after those who run a foul of the law.
Speaker 2: But they went after this.
Speaker 3: Swap meet in Santa Fe Springs before a concert was going to start there. So I mean, I can't imagine that. You know, again, home depot, day workers and swap meets are on their list. I mean, most Americans agreed and actually put Donald Trump in office because of the problem at the border. The problem at the border is different than the immigration policy associated with going to a swap meet and arresting a bunch of people there and then going to home depot and arresting a bunch of day workers. As it turns out in latest polling, most Americans don't approve of that kind of thing. So they want the administration to stay on course on the articulated course of going after criminal gang associates and those who represent a criminal element. So again, not the technical criminal element that is associated with I get it, they aren't in the country legally. But what most Americans the latest polling just came out last week, is like, yeah, we understand that, but they're also a part of our community. What we're looking for is a response and a focus along the lines of what was articulated by the administration, which was, Hey, we're going to go after these gang connected people, We're going to go after those who have violent passed, and we're going to get.
Speaker 4: Rid of them.
Speaker 3: In any case, all of this taking place against the backdrop of a weekend with a lot of people in the streets.
Speaker 5: Should we cap the protest in downtown LA, which was the largest protest in our area today.
Speaker 6: The day started out peaceful.
Speaker 5: No King's Day organizers claimed two hundred thousand people turned out in downtown LA to protest the Trump administration's immigration policies.
Speaker 6: But around four pm it all changed.
Speaker 7: That's what LAPD says. Its officers were being attacked with rocks, models, and bricks. It issued a dispersal order, but many of the protesters were.
Speaker 1: Not ready to go home.
Speaker 7: The clash with LAPD officers and La County Shriff's deputies began. Tear Gas and non lethal munitions were used to help break up the crowd before the eight pm downtown curfew kicked in.
Speaker 5: La County Sheriff Robert Luna spoke with us earlier this evening, and.
Speaker 7: He says protests were peaceful up until about that four o'clock time in the afternoon, when police had no choice but to disperse the crowd. The sheriff also has a message for anyone who violates the downtown curfew.
Speaker 8: The curfew that's set here in the city of Los Angeles will be strictly enforced. Obviously, because of the activity that we've seen over the last several hours, and my message to the community that's still out there, and I'm going to say they're not protesting. This is not protesting or demonstration anymore. This is lawlessness. You need to leave, Please go home. We would like not to arrest you, but the direction to our deputies, our police officers is if you're out there violating the curfew and you don't leave, you are going to be arrested.
Speaker 3: I love that plan. I love that plan. You've got to take control of the city. You've got to and it's such a small area that's being affected on one level, but on another level, because it's a small area, you got to crack down hard. This downtown area has been through enough, pummeled by so many things outside, things inside, things, COVID strikes I mean, depending on you know. That's what I mean when I say from the outside of is COVID and the inside it was strikes you. You need to you need to seize downtown in such a way though that allows it to flourish and allows us to lift these curfews.
Speaker 5: As we've mentioned, there were several no Kings protests today.
Speaker 6: Let's take a look at some of them.
Speaker 5: Another large protest took place outside Whittier City Hall this afternoon. An ice raid took place at a home depot there earlier this week. Protesters we spoke with today say they're tired of the invasion on their community. Protests in Wittier remained peaceful, with no reported.
Speaker 7: Incidents and more from the No King's Day protests happening today and more than thirty different places across southern California. This was downtown Pasadena this afternoon. You could see a peaceful crowd of demonstrators. They took to the streets at Lake in Colorado.
Speaker 5: In Ventura, This is video from demonstrations near the Ventura County Government Center along Victoria Avenue and Telephone Road. One person was handing out free supplies to the dozens of protesters who showed up.
Speaker 3: I got to say this that when you consider the number of people who are in the streets and part of these protests, it is amazing that there weren't more incidents. I mean, just in terms of outside agitators. You would have thought there'd be more in downtown LA. I think there are every day. There's evidence of outside agitators having an effect. I just from surprised there wasn't more of it Karen Bass saying on morning talk shows she doesn't need the military, she doesn't want the military in the city. She is saying that. And of course this whole thing is cut up in the courts. Late Thursday, there was an appeals court panel that lifted the judge's order ruling that the president's deployment of the National Guard was illegal. So, in other words, it went on the side of Trump when he made the move. Initially went to court, it was overruled, and Trump, it was ruled, didn't have control of it. Then it went immediately to an appeals court and that panel lifted that other judges order, saying at least for the moment, that Trump does have the power to retain control of the National Guard and dispatch them to Los Angeles. And the key thing is that Trump controls what they do. The governor has no control anymore. What about polling, Mayor Bass comforted by a poll.
Speaker 6: Are Democrats out of touch on this issue?
Speaker 9: Well, I think if you did the polling in Los Angeles, I'm not sure it would be that way. Considering we are a city of immigrants.
Speaker 3: It's polling about immigration obviously, And again, the polling, as I was mentioning before overwhelmingly in favor of handling immigration as an issue. It's a front and center issue the board. The border was a massive win for the GOP, and Karen bass is responding to that essentially.
Speaker 6: Are Democrats out of touch on this issue?
Speaker 9: Well, I think if you did the polling in Los Angeles, I'm not sure it would be that way, considering we are a city of immigrants.
Speaker 10: And then people might approve that policy. But do people really approve the federal government coming in and seizing power from a state and from a city. So I drilled down a little further on that poll because I do not believe that Americans support the federal intervention in a city takeover or a state takeover.
Speaker 3: I think it's generally the case that when you are looking at kind of the Jetliner review of the immigration problem, you know, you're looking without looking at the specifics of families being busted up, and you know, some twelve year old at their graduation, Ice agents swooping and take both their parents away. I mean, it's there's pretty ridiculous stuff going on, and I think most Americans find that abhorrent. But if you ask them, do we have a problem they would say, yes, we do. That's essentially what Karen Bass was saying. It's interesting because when we come back, I just want to spend one second talking about the comparison between what's going on now with ice agents and raids like this and some of the scenes that we've seen, dramatic scenes, heartbreaking scenes that you've seen recorded on iPhone and cell phone and android phone footage, and how that actually has a parallel in American history and I really think it may be a turning point potentially. Potentially I'll talk about that when we come back. Mark Thompson sitting in on KFI AM six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 3: KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Mark Thompson here on this Sunday, and there's a manhunt underway, as you know, in Minnesota for this vance bolter guy. Just a brutal, awful, despicable, horrifying thing. This guy masquerading as a cop, shoots and kills the Minnesota state Representative Melissa Hortman her husband, as well hacking another state lawmaker and his spouse fifty seven years old, Vance Bolter. So there is something of a break in the fact that they found another vehicle linked to the suspect.
Speaker 11: This is the epicenter, or at least as close as we can get to it. Here in rural Sibley County. I am on Highway twenty five the area in question where that suspects view.
Speaker 2: Again, of course Sibley County's in Minnesota.
Speaker 11: Question where that suspects vehicle was found. If our photographer can push about a mile from here, you've see some flashing lights. There were at least within the last half hour even more emergency vehicles. But since that amount of time they've left the scene. Here now, it's here where investigators say they found the shooting suspects seemingly abandoned vehicle, and not too far from that a cowboy hat.
Speaker 1: You're looking at new video.
Speaker 11: Just about an hour and a half ago, we watch as the suspects vehicle was towed away from the scene. We got a closer look at that vehicle before law enforcement pushed us back. You see it pulled over on the gravel road. We captured a photo of the cowboy hat. Now take a look at this side by side comparison and matches. The photo of the hat Beltzer was last seen wearing. An emergency dealer this morning told anyone living in the area, this is the facts in township to keep their doors locked and vehicles secured. Here on Highway twenty five. We've seen agencies from across the state come through, including SWAT and a bomb squad team.
Speaker 6: Viewers in green Isle sent us.
Speaker 11: Footage where dozens of squad cars are patrolling. Neighbors say all of this in their neighborhood is quite shocking.
Speaker 2: None of us are scared.
Speaker 12: This is just strange.
Speaker 6: You might disagree with somebody, but you don't shoot them.
Speaker 11: And again, as far as we know, despite that car being totalway belter is still at large. We are, as Derek mentioned, awaiting that five to thirty press conference where we're hoping to learn more details as far as what investigators have uncovered today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm reading with interest sort of how they're going about this dragnet and the guy worked for a security company. He had a background, extensive background with military and security, so you know he has on board in his head a lot of the mechanisms and strategies to avoid being apprehended. But on the other hand, you know everybody after him has all of those as well, and there are a lot more of them than there are of him. There is a shelter in place order in Egan, Minnesota.
Speaker 13: Also getting word and you heard mention of that briefly of another shelter in place order, this time in Egan, and we are currently told it is not related to the ongoing manhunt for the man accused of shooting those two lawmakers and their spouses.
Speaker 2: It's not what is it related to?
Speaker 3: There's a shelter in place order in Egan, Minnesota and it's not related.
Speaker 2: To the man hunt. Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: What's going on in Egan, Minnesota that requires everybody to shelter in place?
Speaker 2: That's not related to the man.
Speaker 13: It's absurd of shooting those two lawmakers and their spouses. Wait, I have to hear that ongoing manhunt for the man accused of shooting, not that it is not related.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to put our best people on this. Tell me how there can be a shelter and place order in Egan, Minnesota and it's not related to the man hunt for this guy Van Sbolter.
Speaker 4: It is not related.
Speaker 3: Okay, I will I accept that as true. It is an extraordinary coincidence. Then on this Sunday, this.
Speaker 13: Is our live look at the scene right now. If you are near Lexington Parkway and Falcon Way in Egan, please stay inside, lock your doors and stay away from doors and windows.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're telling me, Come on, guys, I mean you know it's clearly related to it. So the massive search continues and the discovery of the vehicle with that target list. Dozens of Minnesota Democrats, Tim Wall the governor, on that list, Ilan Omar, Tina Smith, State Attorney General Keith Ellison. There's a fifty thousand dollars reward for this information leading to his arrest. But he's clearly a dangerous guy and his wife was detained for questioning. There was a traffic stop near a town called Onamia. Maybe you guys know it. I don't know the Minnesota area super well at all. In fact, I've been through the airport. I think that's the extent of it. Lovely airport, but doesn't really help me with Onamia anyway. She was stopped late Saturday morning in Onamia, and apparently she was released without being arrested, but there was at least there have been some reports that there were things in the car that raised.
Speaker 2: Suspicions.
Speaker 3: So again, this guy is suspected of gaining entry to these homes by disguising himself as a cop. He even arrived at their home in a vehicle that looked like a police cruiser. But again, he worked with a security company. This is kind of who he was, so when you look at who he was, it doesn't surprise you. But this is a heinous act, and that these legislators and their spouses were killed in their home like this really extraordinarily disturbing. So that manhunt continues and Minnesota lawmakers are talking about who these people were.
Speaker 13: We are joined now by Caroline Cummings and covering the last five sessions of the state legislature. Had a professional relationship with Melissa Hortman. What stands out about her as a person.
Speaker 14: Well, I have been talking to lawmakers, Republicans and Democrats for the last several hours since this news broke Derek and everybody talks about how she is somebody who heard them, made them feel seen, never made their issues that they cared about small or less important. I thought former House Speaker Kurt doubt a Republican. So he worked alongside Melissa Hartman when she was in the Minority caucus in the Chamber and also when he was or when he was in the minority and she was the House Speaker, and he talked about how she had the unique ability to see the big picture but not letting the small things fall by the wayside, and that's what made her a true leader. So she knew her stuff. She was a skilled a politician as I've ever come across. But everybody respected her. She commanded respect no matter what side of the political aisle you are, and I think that really is resonating with a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Well, as I mentioned, they have a thin majority there in Minnesota, the Democrats, and so they really had to put together a coalition. She clearly was instrumental in doing it and apparently an extraordinary legislator and woman and mother Melissa Hortman and her husband now dead at the hands of this fifty seven year old guy who is still on the loose in Minnesota. A palate cleanser to it all. Will lighten things up when we come back.
Speaker 4: Oh keep it, Maudling.
Speaker 3: I am so sorry for the darkness of the day. By the way, Krozier, I must tell you when we come back. Last night I attended an m seed, a charity all and fundraiser for autism, you know, to fight autism. Okay, and I did something that was so stupid and I mean really stupid, and I cannot wait to share it with you and the KFI friends and family. Yeah, I'll do that next, all right, everyone, thank you for being with us on a Sunday. We're watching all events near and far here in the KFI newsroom on KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 3: KFI AM six forty Live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app. Mark Thompson here on this Sunday, got a few talkbacks that I love share with you. Thanks everybody who's listening to the iHeartRadio app. And that upper right hand part of the app on your phone, there's a microphone symbol. I think do you hit that you can record a talk back and share your thoughts on anything.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: Thing to keep in mind not only on this show, but you know, just across the board. If you ever had a thought, you know, last night I and then I'll get to the talk back to They relate to a lot of the stuff that we've been talking about. The ice raids and some of them are really really interesting too, and the national anthem and the Spanish national anthem. We'll get to all of them. But I promised you that I would share with you this evening story. I had the pleasure of m seeing the ed Asner Family Center benefit. It's for neurodivergent people and it's a center where so many kids with autism and other challenges. And by the way, autism is my family and it is a challenge, but it's not I mean, it's a full spectrum as we learn, right. I mean, I have a dear friend who is on the autism spectrum, and he's always talking about his autism, Like my autism makes me do it like a deep dive on something faster and more completely oftentimes you know, then I want it to you know, meaning so, but he's like a hugely productive member of society. That the point is, I always and I tell you, in my family as well, we have my nephew who's autistic and he's brilliant. I mean, he's he's you know, he's gainfully employed, brilliant guy, the sweetest kid. But again he talks about the autism. I guess because you know, it's something that he on a daily basis deals with in one form or another. But my point in mentioning those things is that you would never know it if he didn't mention it. So it can run the spectrum. As you well know, profound autism can have all kinds of other much more challenging features, and lives can really be derailed by it. But it's again, it's one of these neurodivergent disorders. And this ed Asner Family Center, they do such a great job there, all these programs. They have a job training and mental health counseling and enrichment activities. And again I was just em seeing it last night, and it's a group effort. Everybody comes out, it's a big poker thing and then they do this auction. So at the auction, and this is the part that I wanted to tell Krozier because I felt like such a moron. This is me, and you know me a little bit croz Like, I want everybody to be happy. I don't want any kind of awkward stuff. And sometimes I'll take the bullet just to make sure that everybody is happy. And here's how that manifested itself last night. They have an auction, and it's all these different kinds of vacation things like, you know, four days in Palm Springs, five days and wherever. This is a five day stay in some part of Thailand. Okay, it's not even it's like a luxury villa with I think a sleep six or eight something like that. I wasn't even paying that close attention to what it was. Okay, this you can tell by the fact that I'm only sort of broadly aware of this thing. So they open the bidding at one thousand dollars, and again I'm only kind of barely paying attention. I'm just kind of hoping that this goes along. But I'm seeing nobody's bidding. One person bid one thousand dollars and then they're saying, well, how about two thousand, two thousand, And this is a huge back loot on the Radford lot in a studio city. No one's saying anything. I'm thinking this thing's gonna go for a thousand dollars when I have one bit. It's embarrassing. So I say two thousand. Now I'm just trying to feed the auction and kind of get the energy going. So people go, yeah, you know that two thousand, he goes, do I hear three thousand?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you know where this is going? Other person said, three thousand going. I can tell you, I'm thinking this is a big thing. You're getting the five days, this villa. It's a beautiful you know, sleep six to eight. Again, I'm only kind of roughly aware of this specifics. It's at three thousand. Nobody else, nobody else, nobody else, And so I say four thousand.
Speaker 2: Jeez, Now where am I going to get four thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Crows?
Speaker 2: I don't even have four thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Continue.
Speaker 3: So I'm now looking at the other person thinking, please, please, bleeding with your eyes even forty five hundred, I'll give you the five hundred. If you can come up with the four k, I'll contribute five hundred to it. Just go dollars, yeah, just please outbid me. Four thousand going once, four thousand, going twice. Mark Thompson, congratulations and thank you.
Speaker 4: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I can beat that, Oh really, I can beat that. I was at a very similar thing was. It was a it was a medical charity thing, research building, taking money for some thing.
Speaker 4: And it was a what's her Holly Robinson.
Speaker 15: Pete, Robbie Robber, Pete's wife, and she was up there as part of the whole process and the auction and all that stuff. And and uh, there was a final item that went up and it was a pair of earrings and a.
Speaker 4: Necklace blue sapphire.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 15: And and people were bidden all night.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 15: And I think, like I said, it was a final option, and this was thing. We're going to start the bidding off at eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 15: And people have been bidden all night long. So I go eight thousand dollars. Not a single person bid.
Speaker 2: That is better. You're right, that is better.
Speaker 4: My wife got to keep that when we got divorced.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is great.
Speaker 4: Oh thousand dollars winter winter, Winter Winter.
Speaker 15: It just happened to have it okay on the credit card at the time, but he's immediately maxed out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 15: Eight thousand dollars. Because I was trying to be the good guy, like you said, you want to goose a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, yeah, to get it started.
Speaker 4: But I had a lot of people have a lot of money in here, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to get it started. I didn't mean I wanted to walk away from it.
Speaker 3: Eight thousand dollars with an eight thousand that's terrific. Yeah, well that's what I'm doing. I'm just bumping the credit card for four thousand.
Speaker 4: Yeaheah.
Speaker 15: Hey, at least I got to talk to Holly afterwards, and Jason Ritter was there as well.
Speaker 4: I got to talk.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's very cool.
Speaker 15: That was like the best part about it because I got to talk to him about his dad John.
Speaker 2: Oh that's sweet.
Speaker 4: But not eight thousand dollars worth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that it would probably be tough to hit that price tag.
Speaker 4: Have I love that you have pretty much the same story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, It's really really funny that both of us had the same instinct. We're going to help this charity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't ever do that.
Speaker 3: Anybody listening, don't raise your paddle unless you're serious.
Speaker 4: Keeps your mouth closed.
Speaker 3: Mark Thompson here on KFI AM six forty were live everywhere all We're love everyone in the iHeart Radio app. I will play those talkbacks and talk about them when we come back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 3: What a party, people, it is KFI AM six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Mark Thompson here just looking at some talkbacks. If you're on the iHeartRadio app, there's a microphone in the upper right hand part of the screen. You hit that you can leave as a talkback and we can hear what you're thinking.
Speaker 16: Hey, when I started as Mark, how you doing well? Here's my only beef that I have. What's going on with the ice rates? I voted for Trump. I'm a first generation Mexican American. My wife's illegal, and I still voted for Trump because I believe in border security.
Speaker 1: That being said, Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Did you hear what he said? His wife's not legal and he voted for Trump. This is a guy who's trying to get rid of his wife. Are you realizing this?
Speaker 2: I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
Speaker 16: From the first generation Mexican American. My wife's illegal, and I still voted for Trump because I believe in border security. That being said, I'm pissed because it only seemed like it's charting latinos. That's all we see in TV when there's a lot of people from all over the world that came the last few years, and then people don't seem like they're being targeted, so it seems like a little personal.
Speaker 3: I cannot disagree. I think it is personal. How could you not feel that. I think you're right. And the other thing that I love about what you said is all of us felt the southern border is a mess.
Speaker 2: Something's got to get done.
Speaker 3: It was a winner for Donald Trump because of the mess of the southern border, and by the time the Biden administration really got its act together on the southern border, it really was too late. So you responded, you Fernando, this guy who just left us this message, responded to the border crisis and how it was out of control. Instead it turned on his community. I think this is really something that you're hearing more of. So here's another.
Speaker 17: So we just had to listen to Karen Bass again complain about this, all the faults of the military and the National Guard, and she doesn't need it in her city and all the problems is causing when all they're doing is surrounding the federal building.
Speaker 6: They're not doing anything else.
Speaker 17: If I had property in Los Angeles, I certainly be trying to protect it from all the vandalism.
Speaker 3: And this is true too, that the vandalism and the vandalizing of the federal building and surrounding businesses, it's absolutely way out of bounds. And the other thing is, of course, that you can't if your National Guard really do anything legally beyond protect the federal buildings and structures. That is kind of the easy legal thing that the National Guard can do. Now, if you want the National Guard to accompany ICE agents, which has been talked about and even it suggested demonstrated that again they go just as a show of kind of a protection force, that's a different thing, and that may be legally tricky. Now, again, there are a couple of different interpretations on that, one of which is, well, it's federal business, and therefore the government of the United States can direct them to simply make sure that no one interferes in federal business. That's why it's no longer a question of the state, and that's why in this case, Donald Trump can control what they do. That's again that's the legal argument that has to be worked out, and it's being worked out now. But I can't disagree. I mean, you know, you need protection on those buildings.
Speaker 2: So they get mark a great show.
Speaker 12: And I just want to throw up a comparison here because everything that's going on now, everything that Trump talked about being the legals out of the country is the exact same thing that Obama said. When Obama deported you know, three and a half million people, only twenty five percent of them got so called due process, you know, but it's like, what's the due process of coming into a country when you come in here illegally, what's the due process then?
Speaker 2: And how why do you have to wait to get them out?
Speaker 3: Well, there, you're right, and I would suggest, respectful, that you may be a little bit wrong. The right part is that Obama, of course went aggressively to deportation.
Speaker 2: They called him the deporter in chief.
Speaker 3: So I still think his numbers could exceed Donald Trump's. You know, we'll have to see out at all. I mean, Donald Trump likes the show of deportation, you know, when doctor Phil's there and the local news is there and they're breaking up families and it's a it's a you see the high profile nature of it. But in terms of raw numbers, Obama, You're right far surpassed anything we've seen. What might be a problem, and where I might disagree with you is on the due process thing. I mean, I think they moved everybody through the immigration court system very quickly, but I think everybody did get their due process. Again, the immigration courts are like traffic court. They're not like a you know, not like court TV doing a trial for murder. It's moving quickly, so it's possible to deport a lot of people in a short time and still have them have their moment in court, if you want to think of it that way. And as far as I'm coming across the border, I mean, they come here seeking asylum that kind of thing, so you know, they know what to say, so in that sense, they're following the law. So again, that's what i'd say. So I kind of agree with what you're saying, and I kind of take its for a couple of.
Speaker 18: Things, you know, Mark, I just think that it was poor timing and a poor decision to disrespectful to go against the Dodgers wishes.
Speaker 6: At another time.
Speaker 3: This is on the of course, the national anthem being sung in Spanish at the Dodgers Stadium. Was it at Dodgers stadium just last night.
Speaker 18: And disrespectful to go against the Dodgers' wishes at another time, like if she did that on Mexican Heritage Night, I'd say this pretty neat, pretty cool in fact, but I don't like the way she did it against their wishes and at a time where at this point we're in a lot of stress, A lot of those people don't even speak Spanish, and we want to sing the anthem thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, Look, that's one of those things where you go you asked them ahead of time, Dodgers said, don't sing it in Spanish, you sing it anyway. I mean that's going to be just by definition divisive. Right you asked, they told you no, you did it anyway. So the Dodgers aren't going to be so happy with you now. To be fair, I think there is a lot at Chavezerville, there's a lot in that crowd that I think a chunk of the crowd appreciates it. I guess might be a way to put it. But to your point, maybe you could have sung it in both languages. I don't know, but clearly it wasn't gamed out right. She was told don't do it, she did it. Anyway, and so that creates the issues. She's apologized she was in tears. I mean, let's make an appropriate decision as to how big a deal this is. I think it probably a mistake. I would have told her, Hey, ask them and if they say no, then you probably shouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: That would have been my advice.
Speaker 3: But I also don't think that, you know, we need to, you know, storm the bastille over this. I just don't think you need to. You know, this shouldn't be another general strike as a result of the fact that this singer decided to do the anthem anyway in Spanish. But I take your point, and I think it's a fair one. So thanks everybody who participated in leaving comments along the way on the iHeartRadio app. You can do it anytime for any shit, so you should check that out. Chris Merrill best of an Hour of him next Thanks everybody. I will I'll see you Tuesday night with Tim Conway Junior and on my podcast on YouTube and across the iHeart Radio app, the Mark Thompson Show. Until then, thanks for being here. Kf I Am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: KFI AM six forty on demand,