Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped off what need.
Speaker 2: So you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 4: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez?
Speaker 5: Hello everyone, how are you doing?
Speaker 6: What do you say?
Speaker 5: We solve problems, We answer questions, we take complaints, We promote good stuff. You know this show talks about buying and selling. Where to buy, when to buy, how to buy, why to buy? And you know I've been with Courtney for so long at Buy and Build dot Net.
Speaker 6: I love that place. I just love it.
Speaker 5: I sometimes crave projects just so I can go there Buy and Build. I want to talk about right now, right off the top, because they have an auction going on now. I want to I want to make something clear. You don't have to wait for an auction to get great deals. Buy Build is open every single day and you can go there and have incredible projects, including turnkey. I know a lot of people get confused, what is it? Is it for contractors? Is it for us? Is it for do it your selfers? Is it for new projects? Is it for it's for everything? Courtney, can you think of something that you're not? I mean everyone can go there, do it yourselfers, people who want to hire a contractor, contractors themselves before we get into the auction. Buy and build, as I used to say, is a big giant, ugly warehouse.
Speaker 6: But it's actually a beautiful warehouse.
Speaker 5: Since you've moved many years ago, you're on five sixty South Lapan. Can you just describe the buy and build experience first as a consumer going to five sixty South Lapan.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Absolutely. When you come into our store, you're going to see, you know, a cabinet show room. You're going to se kitchen cabinets installed with granite faucets, all the stuff so you can get some really good design ideas. We've also installed every type of cabinet that we sell, so corner cabinets, blind corner cabinets, lazy Susan cabinets, Okay, glass doors, all the different stuff, so you can see everything that's available. And then the pricing is that of one of those places you have to pay a membership fee in order to buy from. We basically have distributor pricing. We sell well below anybody else in town just because of our model on We bring it in without using a distributor. We bring it in directly from the manufacturer. We avoid the entire middleman markup and we're able to sell it at less.
Speaker 5: And there are To make this clear, there are no membership fees. It's a straight you go, You walk in and that makes you a member. You just walk in and there's no membership fee. There's nothing. You just buy what you want, when you want, and how you want. Now as far as the level of care and help, they can buy the stuff even slat, for example, cabin and assemble them themselves.
Speaker 6: What most people don't realize is cabinets.
Speaker 5: All cabinets usually come in flats and they get assembled. Now, can you buy your cabinets flat and assemble them yourselves to save even more money.
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely, we do that a lot with the contractors especially. They'll come in with their pickup truck. You can put a whole kitchen into the back of a pickup truck if they're unassembled, and then they'll take them to the project site and assemble them and install them.
Speaker 5: You do sell them also assembled and then you guys, do you have turnkey projects? If I say, hey, Courtney, can you design me this kitchen and install it?
Speaker 7: Yes, absolutely, we are set up for design. We can come out and actually do measurements at your home as well. We can install the granite countertops as well as the cabinets. So basically, when you come in, you're going to save a ton of money. And you know, in most cases when we do a bid, it's somebody that's come in with a bid from one of your larger stores, and we can do the installation granted and granted installation all for the price and just the.
Speaker 5: Cabinets and then and a lot of people sometimes they go in there with their contractor and they go shopping together and then you guys can help them.
Speaker 6: Okay, now, what what do.
Speaker 5: You primarily have on your normal inventory days? You primarily have countertops and cabinets?
Speaker 8: Is that it?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Correct, Kitchen cabinets is our specialty. Kitchen and bathroom cabinets, and then countertops just kind of go along with cabinets. We've secured some great suppliers locally that we buy slab granted from for very good pricing, and we turn around and save you money and not only the material, but we also have great deals on our installation and we have fantastic installers for both.
Speaker 5: And these are not these are not seconds, right, I mean, you're not talking about seconds or damaged goods. These are just these are just oversupply that you buy from the manufacturers.
Speaker 7: It's not even oversupply. It is actually ordered her piece buy me directly from the manufacturer. It just gets shipped to Denver to a middleman who then marks it up and turns and sells it to twenty of your big box stores. There's not that second markup, so it goes directly from the manufacturer right to our dock, and then we turn around and sell it without that.
Speaker 6: See that's great.
Speaker 5: Now, let's talk about how with all of this, how did the auction come about? Because this is the one where I don't want people to get confused. The auction will have way more than the kitchen counters and cabinets.
Speaker 6: How did that come about?
Speaker 7: Well, so what's funny about it is that's actually how Buy and Build started. Our name was Buy and Build Auctions when we first started, and all we did was auctions, and so we traveled around through Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, and we would rent a three h building and bring in two semi truckloads of merchandise and sell it all off to the highest bidder doing you know, five sixty seven of those auctions. We ended up with some merchandise that didn't sell at those auctions, and I was bringing it back to Denver, and I was storing it in a warehouse in Denver, and then we'd go put it back on a truck and bring it out to another auction and sell it. And it turned into a thing. Well, we were storing it in between auctions. People would come in and say, Hey, how much do you want for that? How much do you want for that? And I learned that I could sell the stuff out of a warehouse and do auctions. And then it really turned into if I want to save people a lot of money, I have to start buying in bulk, and I have to start bringing in container loads from the manufacturers to my warehouse. We have to stock them here and then we can still take them to auction, but we're going to have to in order to get our pricing down and really have a competitive edge over everybody, we're going to have to order direct. And so we started doing that and opened our doors to the public and started selling cabinets, and I remember we first started twenty thousand dollars in a month was a big deal. To us, and we've grown quite a bit since then, and we sell a lot of kitchen cabinets.
Speaker 6: So so how often do you have these auctions?
Speaker 5: How often do you have these big, giant auctions that we're going to have. These are incredible, you know, Courtney, I can't believe sometimes when I saw hardwood going for like twenty to ten or fifteen cents of foot. Sometimes I see kitchen sinks going kitchen sinks for fifteen dollars.
Speaker 6: I've seen it. I mean, I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: Some of these sinks, these pedestal sinks that you'll buy for like hundreds of dollars, I've seen them go for twenty dollars.
Speaker 7: So yeah, so absolutely.
Speaker 5: Now now, so this auction, how often do you have this auction? I want to I want to keep people in because I want them to start going to it. I want to get a bump here, the Martino bump, the Troubleshooter bump, the Mark Major bump. So tell me about the auctions. How often do you have them?
Speaker 7: Do? We do them about twice a year. We typically do one in around November, kind of the before the Christmas time, things where we can you know, push some gift items as well. As you know, a brand new kitchen is a great Christmas item gate Christmas present. So we have one usually right before the holidays, and then we do one in the springtime, right before the summer, in the building season when people tend to do a lot of construction improvements.
Speaker 5: So number one right now, I want to say Courtney has a wonderful website, buy and Build dot net. But the auction you're going to find on rollerauction dot com and when you go there, right on the front page. Now, Roller Auction, by the way, does a lot of auctions, okay, and one of them is the buy and Build auction. One of their biggest ones, buy and Build. So if you go right now to roller R O L L E R. Rollerauction dot com, you're going to see on the front page, top left, you're going to see buy and Build. You click on buy and Build and that's where I am right now, and you will see everything that is up for grabs. Now, how does how does the auction? How does it operate? Tell me I'm on here? Now what do I do? I go and look for categories or products and.
Speaker 6: I bid on them. Now do I get noticed this?
Speaker 7: I like to just kind of I like to scroll through the whole thing just to see, you know, what ye're all in there, because you'll never know. There's some cool gift items and some really fun stuff. And really, once you are set up, you hit log in the bid. If you already have an account, you'll log in. If you don't, you'll set up an account. You'll put your name and your credit card number and stuff in there, and then you can start placing bids. Right now, there's one day and three hours left on most of the items, So tomorrow afternoon at one o'clock PM, the first three items are going to close.
Speaker 5: And then explain the significant of that. Explain the significance you say, you know, even though you want people to go to the auction, you know all day, toward the end, it gets exciting.
Speaker 7: Explain that correct. So, Yeah, if you're bidding on an item and it's you know, live, and it's getting ready to close in like three minutes and then somebody out bids you with sixty seconds left, it goes into what they call extended bidding for another two minutes, so it gives you an opportunity to counterbid. Somebody can't steal an item out from under you at the last second, just by you know, waiting till ten seconds left and then bidding. It'll go into an extended bidding period where you're actually allowed to bid against them, and it will continue to go into an ext bidding period until there's two minutes of no activity on that item. That allows everybody to you know, actually place bids and not be undercut by somebody right at the last second, because you know they were ye paying attention in three seconds.
Speaker 6: And I want to make it clear.
Speaker 5: They're bread and butters on there, all the household goods, okay, and the kitchen and bass stuff. But then Courtney, for fun, since he's having the auction anyway, puts a.
Speaker 6: Lot of other stuff in there.
Speaker 5: I see a sporting goods category, and I swear to you I'm looking at a surfboard.
Speaker 7: It's a stand up paddle board.
Speaker 6: Oh, a paddleboard. Okay.
Speaker 7: These paddleboard cool popular these days in Colorado. And so that's my My brother has a salvage business and he gets in all sorts of you know, interesting items through his warehouse that are you know, non perishable general merchandise kind of items, and he never knows what he's going to get sometimes until he unloads the trucks. And so what we do is put a couple palletts together from his warehouse and bring stuff up. And so every auction it's some really cool unique items that we don't have with the previous sale.
Speaker 5: And what I love you have hand tools as well, so you can get hand tools.
Speaker 6: I mean, there are so many.
Speaker 5: You got to really as court and you say, go on roller auction dot com, hit buy and build and just browse.
Speaker 6: That's what you do first.
Speaker 5: Once you browse, then you go back, maybe put in an item or so, so you're being tracked, and then what you can do is come back tomorrow for the clothes and in those last few minutes conceal a deal. What are some of the ridiculous sales you've seen go down on these roller auctions for you.
Speaker 7: Well, you mentioned a couple of them. I've seen some you know, two hundred dollar kitchen thinks go for five dollars. Got those pedestals thinks go as low as five dollars, and those are you know, store kitchen cabinet sets. We tend to do okay on at these sales, but sometimes people absolutely steal stuff from us, and that's what these auctions are for. You know, the bidder has the advantage and they have the opportunity to keep the prices low and get stuff all below retail. And then this is all brand new, top quality merchandise. None of this is used, none of this is out of the box. This is all brand new stuff that was brought in specifically for this sale. So when you look at the kitchens, for instance, they all fit together. They all you know, line up and are designed to fit in a kitchen. So these aren't just seconds that are lying around our warehouse. This is all top quality, brand new stuff. Now.
Speaker 5: I remember one time I was looking for I was looking I bid on this in the past, so I was looking at light fixtures. There was a chandelier I wanted for over the dining room table that I swear to god, Courtney was twenty four hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: At places you had one.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was the exact one, but it looked exactly like it. And I remember seeing a bit and I said, this can't be right. A bit of twenty five bucks and I followed it along and that dating thing went for like one hundred and twenty five dollars. I mean that is incredible. I mean this was years ago when we were doing the house. I know you remember because you helped me do the garage. So okay, Courtney, So right now rollerauction dot Com, look for Buy and Build and then we're going to talk to you later in the show to see how things are going. And it's officially open right now, is that right?
Speaker 7: That is correct? You can place bids currently and they'll start closing tomorrow at one DM.
Speaker 5: And don't forget buy and Build in general at five sixty South Wolpand like I said, I've known Courtney for so long and have been sending people there buy and build dot net. But really, what you don't want right now that go to that auction rollerauction dot Com, Rollerauction dot Troubleshooter three zero three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I see that Deputy Dollars in the studio with us along with Major Mark Major, and we're taking your calls on any and all things, but that that auction is pretty darn cool. Larry called in and was working with Suzanne, I believe in. Larry called in yesterday and he has a Comcast issue, and really it seems to be a simple one.
Speaker 6: He just and I signed it to Deputy dot too.
Speaker 5: So he's a Comcast customer who travels seasonally. You know, they ought to make things easier for people nowadays, a lot of people do seasonal travel and it really is a pain in the butt to get things turned on and off. I think it ought to be as easy as a credit freeze. You go online and you suspend your account for a certain amount of time and that be it done, and then you come back you turn it back on. But he was having trouble and he got a final bill when he was, you know, turning it off this time at this time, and the notice said he didn't pay it, and he says he has all the proof to prove he did pay it. Now, Larry, did you pay it on their website or did you push it out from your bank or how was the payment actually made?
Speaker 9: Well, the payment was made through US Bank bill pay o case through US Bank as a way or transfer into Comcast.
Speaker 6: So that was being pushed out. That's what you did. You pushed it out.
Speaker 5: It's called as opposed to going to their account and having it drawn You pushed it out and they claimed they did not get it. Now, did you check with your bank to see what kind of proof you said you had proof?
Speaker 6: What kind of proof do you have?
Speaker 9: Well they have they had the transaction thing the day it cleared, the transaction number of you.
Speaker 7: Okay, want to come.
Speaker 5: Back all right, now, what is there anything new? Did Deputy Dollar or deputy excuse me, deputy doc or did Sue get in touch with you after the show?
Speaker 9: Okay, after the show? By late afternoon, Comcast representative called me and says, yes, I did pay the bill, they agreed.
Speaker 10: Whoa okay, So.
Speaker 6: What are they going to do about it?
Speaker 9: And they says, well, but because the bill transaction was paid in late October, they says, but in November they issued me a refund. Really what shocked me. So I looked at my you know, this is afters I looked at my statements and I can find no evidence of aout refunds for that amount.
Speaker 6: And what's the reason they said the refund?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 6: What reason did they give you for the refund?
Speaker 9: Well, for the mount because the count the dollar amount went into an old account of mine.
Speaker 5: That was.
Speaker 9: Bill tay, you know. And then they said that they refunded me, but I find no trace. But they said as a courtesy, you know, for the Troubleshooter show and everything like that, they would zero my account.
Speaker 10: I actually owe nothing.
Speaker 6: Hey, that dinger goes to Sus.
Speaker 5: That dinger goes to Deputy Dock or whoever helped you. I think it was mainly Sus who got the angel from Comcast.
Speaker 6: So Hey, problem solved.
Speaker 7: Larry exactly.
Speaker 9: And I went around round and around with them for months on my own until I called your show by evening. By late afternoon, it was resolved.
Speaker 6: I'm really happy about that.
Speaker 5: All kidding aside, that's what the show is about, big small in between.
Speaker 6: We help all kinds of problems.
Speaker 5: Thank you for letting us know, Larry, that means a lot to us. Three h three Martino is the number to call. If you have little, little nitpicking, pain in the butt problems, you may get my dinger. Okay, let's talk to Brenda. It's about a shuttle service, Brenda.
Speaker 6: Yes, what is going on with you? Brenda? What's happening?
Speaker 12: The company is called Eighth Black EI g HT the color Black.
Speaker 13: Okay, from Ronmont to the airport.
Speaker 10: They were fabulous.
Speaker 12: Yeah, prepay some passes that were on sale. They have closed their doors, I believe June the thirteenth.
Speaker 3: I've called the number.
Speaker 12: They no longer exist, and I want my money back?
Speaker 6: And how much did you pay?
Speaker 5: How much are you out right now? How much did you pay for stuff you didn't get?
Speaker 3: It's probably thirty two, it's only it's under one hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: Okay, But but what I want to know is this, how many were no, no, no, you deserved that money back?
Speaker 6: How did you make the payment? In what form?
Speaker 9: Credit card?
Speaker 12: Over their website you would prepay thirty two dollars normally would be a sixty four dollars charge and.
Speaker 7: You could get both ways.
Speaker 3: For thirty two.
Speaker 10: And I okay, having trouble for.
Speaker 12: My email, so I will get more information. But I was just shocked that they just closed their doors.
Speaker 6: Now I want to ask the obvious simple question.
Speaker 5: May maybe you did it.
Speaker 6: I don't want to insult you or anything.
Speaker 5: Did you simply call your credit card company and just contest the charge?
Speaker 12: Well I got it in January.
Speaker 6: Well that's not that far back.
Speaker 3: I've got no problem.
Speaker 14: Yeah, some cards, you know. I have a card that allows up to a year to dispute charges. It really depends on the issue of the car.
Speaker 5: Actually, I don't think there is technically a deadline or anything. I don't think like it's written anywhere in law. I just think they give the credit card issuers have their policies, you know, and some of them say sixty days. That's a pretty common one. So, Brenda, so what was the answer to that? Did you bother calling them and say this is this was charged and I never got any service?
Speaker 6: Did you do that? And I did?
Speaker 12: That's nut and I will it's Capital one and I will call them.
Speaker 5: Now now I have Capital one. They are wonderful with stuff like this. Is that who you were talking about? D? Deputy D said he has capital one and you know what you just disputed.
Speaker 6: In fact, you don't even have to talk to anybody. You can go online.
Speaker 5: One of the problems with Capital one that bothers me a little is if you know there's someone who made a charge and they shouldn't have been on there. Here's the only probably you might run into, Brenda is that they'll take it off in a heartbeat. But sometimes what they say is well not sometimes every time. This is what they've done to me. If I have one charge that I dispute. Now, I'm not saying I lost my card or it was misplaced. All I meant was this company charged me and they should not have charged me. Or they charged me and I got nothing in return. They sometimes issue a new card, which is a pain in the butt, you know, to change because if you have a lot of prepaid sometimes you have to go in and redo them. But I would do that. I'm telling you, I know for sure. I'm marking this as pending because if you call us back, we'll take it to the next level. But are they totally out of business right now? The eight Black? They're totally what did you read their data?
Speaker 14: I just read their their notice on their website. It says that this was posted on Friday, and it says, hey, effective today, we're shut down.
Speaker 2: You interested in supporting us?
Speaker 6: They had good reviews, didn't they?
Speaker 2: I didn't look at their reviews often. Our caller says that she was very satisfied with them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, airport shuttles are really important. Hey, Brenda, Just on a side note, where you shuttle? Where do you shuttle from a long month?
Speaker 3: I'd go long month?
Speaker 12: And my god, they picked up my beds, they had water, they were gentlemen.
Speaker 7: The people on the bus were fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's too bad.
Speaker 5: That's really too bad that that that they're out of business because a lot of people liked them.
Speaker 6: They had some good ratings. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Waterpros dot net the absolute best.
Speaker 6: Water systems at the lowest prices.
Speaker 5: And I'm telling you tap water is not safe to drink. And you can for twelve hundred bucks get reverse osmosis that you're syk. Or you can do one further and get a whole house system for forever chemicals, plastics and all that crap and get your house water softened and purified for thirty nine to ninety five. You never find systems better for lower prices ever. Waterpros dot net three three eight six two five five.
Speaker 6: Five four.
Speaker 5: And don't forget that fix it twenty four to seven. Now I say new customers, but it's not. It's for people who haven't had it done yet. They want to show you what they do. So if you've had fix it out, that's fine, you can still do it fixmihome dot com book Now all right, back to the phones, and we have a comment on this eight Black shuttle service from Susan. Basically, from what I can see on the net, they were a pretty good shuttle service to and from the airport and they shut down.
Speaker 6: What is your comment, Susan?
Speaker 13: Hi, Tom, I just I got the email on Friday, immediately went to their offices over on Main Street. I've been using them for over five years. I mean they used to be Green Ride and then eight Black bottom out. When I went to their offices, luckily there was an employee there and there was another consumer there also. The employee said they just got an email noon that day that they don't have a job, and she said they haven't been paid for over three weeks. Oh well, And I do research all the time. And the owner's name is Simon Kin, and he has a LinkedIn page is bragging about eight Black being a global shuttle service and all these things.
Speaker 6: And what do you think happened?
Speaker 13: I I think he just mismanaged. I don't know, I mean, I don't know. Brenda said about them having a big sale over Memorial Day weekend and it was supposed to end the night of May thirty. Yes, they extended it another day, and I know people that went on and bought more vouchers and then he shuts down. Less than two weeks later. I have been able to access his home address and his personal phone number, and of course you know he doesn't answer as fine by the way, out of curiosity.
Speaker 5: Out of curiosity, you say, you research a lot and you came up with this guy's home information.
Speaker 6: So what's your background.
Speaker 13: I'm an accountant. Uh huh, okay, I've done. You know, when my kids were in school, I used to when they did things in school that I thought, no, what are they doing? I would research the pros and cons of everything.
Speaker 5: Are you retired now? And listen, warning, I have a goal in mind. Warning, warning, this could end up costing you, not costing you anything but a little time.
Speaker 6: Do you work now? Are you retired?
Speaker 13: We retired?
Speaker 7: Semi retired?
Speaker 13: I used to I had one huge client and I have about four small ones now.
Speaker 7: It just sort of keeps me busy.
Speaker 13: Plus I have five grandkids.
Speaker 5: Wow, so listen, if you ever want to come out of retirement and be a deputy, we so we we love smart people that do stuff like this. There are certain people we pluck out of the great unwashed, and we make them part of our elite. We make them part of our elite team of troubleshooters. And you don't have to say anything now, but if you ever want to consider let me explain how it would work every now and then. You know, if you want to take a case, you can take it. If not, you're not and we would love for you to consider it, because you sound like you're pretty damn sharp. What uh what what.
Speaker 6: Led you to do this?
Speaker 5: Or is it just in your DNA that you want that? You're just a nosy, busybody.
Speaker 13: I know, it's just I think so many times people present one side of a picture and want you to believe that what they're saying is truth, and so I look at it and go, okay, let's look at the whole picture. Let's see what it's all about.
Speaker 6: You know, there's exactly what we hans.
Speaker 13: There's pros and cons to everything, and you have to look at it all. I mean, you can't just someone come to you and say this is the way it is now.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 13: People that go, yes, I believe you, well, don't sell yourself short.
Speaker 5: Look at it all, you know, Susan Man, I mean it sounds like this sounds like she dropped out of heaven, didn't it for us? On a okay, hey Katschina, get her name a number.
Speaker 13: I want to tell you. I just want to tell you with eight black. I followed the complaint with the Attorney General. I don't think it's going to go anywhere. I think everybody should. I copied and saved a PDFOLS every email of it had from him. I had thirteen prepaid vouchers.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 13: I did call American Express and they took off the last four, which was one hundred and twenty eight dollars. But it was done in April. They said they couldn't go back, so other than a year.
Speaker 10: Oh really, I got that back?
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 13: Yeah. And what's interesting is I heard a comment that the guy skip Town and he's in Australia now and if you look at his LinkedIn page, he does have an Australian A.
Speaker 5: No, but it what's really funny, Susan, he was going, he was going really well. It seems weird that all of a sudden, yeah, you know, boom, he gets weird.
Speaker 6: It seems weird.
Speaker 13: Song Hey drivers, Yeah, it's drivers always talked about the fact that he was a world traveler.
Speaker 6: Okay, he could be, Susan.
Speaker 14: How far back did how far back did American Express say you could challenge those fees?
Speaker 13: They said a year?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, well that's that's pretty generous. Okay, Susan.
Speaker 5: Hold on, Hey, could sheena get her name in number for and let's let's bug her later about being a deputy.
Speaker 6: I'm serious.
Speaker 5: She sounds like part of the team already, the way she talks.
Speaker 2: It's invited over for pizza day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Chris, Chris, I got to take this break, but I want to talk to you about this contractor. Uh, if you will, please hold I'll take you next. And then Mary has a long wait. No, no, no, she's off. I'm sorry, So Chris, hang on, I'll come right back to you. Martine here at three O three seven one three TELK. Chris has an issue with a contractor, possibly a legal issue, we don't know yet.
Speaker 6: Hey, Chris, what's going on? Chris?
Speaker 7: Good morning? Tom?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, long story short. I hired the contractor.
Speaker 7: To renovate or renovate my basement basically finish, and he has.
Speaker 10: Had some health problems and the job has.
Speaker 7: Gone way longer than it should have, and now he's having some money problems and I need, I believe I need to just get in touch with the lawyer to get this contract like voided, get the money back that he used to doing. Okay, do you only has a little bit of my money?
Speaker 10: Not a lot?
Speaker 7: And all the whole thing in advance?
Speaker 6: Now how much?
Speaker 5: Let's talk about this, and I just want some background. What was the total job going to be? The total job that he was going to do for you? Dollars fifty seven five seven.
Speaker 7: Five seven, six hundred, okay?
Speaker 6: And how much did you pay?
Speaker 7: Right now? We are up to.
Speaker 10: Five three six hundred okay.
Speaker 5: Fifty three six Now that's a lot of money. Do you think for the money that's left, you can finish it the way it was specified in the contract?
Speaker 7: No, I think I'm probably going to have to outlay because I used to throw them four. I think I'll probably have to lay out another five to ten.
Speaker 6: Now is that because?
Speaker 5: Is that because of stuff he flat out didn't do or stuff that has to be redone?
Speaker 6: What's the story there?
Speaker 7: Stuff that haven't been finished yet, Like the rough electrical is done, but the final electrical is not. So I'm gonna need the outfits installed and some light fixtures. The bathroom is not completely done, so I'm just gonna need someone coming in do the final plumbing.
Speaker 5: Okay, now, what does he say about this stuff? What does he say about all this stuff?
Speaker 7: He said, basically, he can pay me back the money. It's just going to take time, so he can do a payment plan with me, which I don't trust, or he can get the job done, but it's just gonna be really long because he's been basically doing like four hours worth of work per week.
Speaker 5: Do you think this guy is telling the truth basically and wants to do a good job, or do you think that he's basically, let's just say, a cheater.
Speaker 6: What do you think about it? Really? What's your gut telling you both?
Speaker 7: He wants to do the job, and I think he's just been having some problems lately, and I think he's been borrowing from one job to pay for the next job or the last job and stuff like that. That's what I assume is happening, and I'm just part of it. We were hoping to have this done by February. Yes, Now, I mean like we've done all the inspections except for the final inspection, and like I said, we just have a little bit of path of work.
Speaker 10: Let's okay, some paint.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm not sure. Here's what I'm trying to get at. I'm not sure you need an attorney. Maybe you do, but the bottom line is this. You want to somehow document what has happened and get a commitment to pay you back.
Speaker 6: Is that what you want?
Speaker 7: Because I don't trust him to actually pay me back?
Speaker 5: Yeah? But what here, here's what I'm telling you, Having an attorney do it or whatever if you get this down on paper that he acknowledges this or that. If the guy's a dead beat, it's not gonna it's I hate to tell you this, Chris, but it's virtually impossible to collect from a dead beat unless you have some kind of judgment and you come into money. Are they come into money? So how much are you figuring he owes you?
Speaker 7: I'm hearing heals me about ten?
Speaker 5: Okay, So if you ten grand plus what's due, you feel you could finish the job. You're going, Okay, hold on, I have some ideas on how we approach this and maybe have someone help you through the steps, and just hang on and we'll take you right after the news. I'm Tom Martino. Don't forget three oh three Martino. Hey, you can get right in three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six.
Speaker 10: Rit dum.
Speaker 7: News.
Speaker 6: You need advice, so you don't he.
Speaker 7: Come running just.
Speaker 2: As as can. Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino, I'm Tom Martino. This is the Troubleshooter Show. If you're new to town, I'm happy to have you here. If you're not new to town, spread it around because this is the only show of its kind anywhere, the only place where we talk about every day aches and pains, those things that tick you off, those things that make you tick, and we really try to solve your problems.
Speaker 6: So remember the number three oh three Martino.
Speaker 5: You can call it twenty four to seven get a place on the show, or you can call directly when we're on the r three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six, and the talk line is three oh three seven one three.
Speaker 6: Talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Hey, I understand some places had like baseball size hail last night, or they some of them said three in the morning, three to four in the morning. That is highly unusual to have hail in the early morning, will before the sun is shining.
Speaker 6: That is weird. But it must have been building up all day and then just spit out. Giant.
Speaker 5: One of my uh, one of my listeners, one of my morons from YouTube, JR sent me a picture holding look at these Look at these things, man, that would do some serious harm, that could kill you coming out of the sky, and Jr.
Speaker 6: I wish you would call and tell us more about where.
Speaker 5: You found them and God, the damage it must have done. All right, So this hour brought to you by Frank durand the real estate Man dot com, who will gladly, gladly help you evaluate your home and what it will sell for without any obligation. So if you're ever wondering about that, Frank Duran the real estate Man dot com. It's a totally free service and he will evaluate everything in the marketplace having to do with your home and then give you a complete report.
Speaker 6: It's in depth and no obligation.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two frankaranderealestate Man dot com. So Chris has a contractor issue and really these things are God, they're so disheartening. One of the problems, Chris, with having a bad contractor is once they get your money and it's spent, you'll you can kiss a goodbye. They don't have the ability to repay, even if you get a judgment.
Speaker 6: Not being able to collect as terrible.
Speaker 5: And then if you've totally lost trust with the guy, you can't have him continue working. So you're really between a rock and a hard place. Now, you hired this contractor for fifty seven six hundred bucks for a basement renovation. So far you've paid fifty three to six and this guy supposedly had health problems.
Speaker 6: Now I want to ask some just basic questions.
Speaker 5: Do you think this guy really had health and other problems or do you think he's just looking for excuses?
Speaker 7: No, I think I think he did. He even like tried sending his son over to help and do some stuff at times because he he was well. He claimed he was in a hospital, and I don't I believe that true. That to be true, because like I said, his son was still here, some of the work firm was still here.
Speaker 5: Did he actually walk off the job yet, Chris, did this contractor basically walk off the job.
Speaker 6: Did he say I can't do it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: He is. He telling me I can probably have someone there this weekend, or I'm gonna call his brothers a carpenter. He's like, I'm gonna call my brother and see if he can do this. But every morning I have to basically text him and ask is someone coming over today? Yeah? And it's just I. I believe he will get the job done if I give him enough time. But the problem is we're already four months behind schedule, and this is seriously eating into our plans. So I want to get this job done and I actually want to lift his house and be done with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, so the guy okay, So so really, when you have someone like this, wouldn't he just without hiring attorney in every thing? Would he just sign a promisory note for you and say be on your way, tell him to be what's the name of the contractor, Uh.
Speaker 7: It's design Plus And he also they have a dB A and I believe the DBA is Design Plus but it's uh, yeah, that's that's the name that it was listed under.
Speaker 6: And what is his what is his name?
Speaker 7: Joe Melina?
Speaker 6: Melina? Okay? Now, and would he sign a promisory note.
Speaker 7: Mits he's got insurance and all of those things, so it's not like he's just a guy knocking on my door.
Speaker 6: So I mean, and okay, So where how did you find him?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: He was on home Advisor. I believe home Advisor, Angie, it's been We hired him in November. I think that's where I found him. I tried contacting Triple A and they could not get it done.
Speaker 6: In the time we should have gone. You should have gone to referral this dot com for this.
Speaker 7: I tried contacting Triple A and Morrison. He's there on your referral list, but he's been done in the timeframe we want. Those are the holidays and other work he has.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's Toby. I believe.
Speaker 5: Hey, here's the thing right now, will he sign an agreement, a mutual like a settlement agreement.
Speaker 6: That's the best that will be.
Speaker 5: Really hiring an attorney is just throwing money away with this guy, because most likely he's not going to come through anyway, and if he goes bankrupt, you're out of luck. But if you did this in a friendly way and say, look, let's do a settlement agreement, I'm willing to walk away for ten grand.
Speaker 6: I'll feel that that's a justice settlement.
Speaker 5: Would he just basically do that that?
Speaker 7: I don't know with one certainty. I mean, he might say, yes, but I'll pay you one hundred dollars for the next one hundred and twenty months.
Speaker 5: Well no, no, no, I'm not talking about even outlining a payment plan, but just a statement of settlement, In other words, that I, Joe Molina, acknowledge that I've had problems and delayed this project, and I agree to pay Chris ten thousand dollars as full and final settlement. You don't have to have the payment options spelled out, but just the understanding of the main facts.
Speaker 6: Would he say to.
Speaker 5: You, there's no way I owe you ten grand. I've been working my tail off. What would his reaction be to you asking him to sign a settlement agreement? What do you think his initial action his reaction would be.
Speaker 7: I think his reaction would be, yes, I will sign a settlement because I'm never going to pay it. But I don't think you would agree to the ten grand.
Speaker 6: What do you okay?
Speaker 5: Have you ever discussed how much you think you're owed?
Speaker 7: I did text him this morning and said, Hey, what about you just give me this ten thousand dollars back and then I go find another contract to finish it. And he basically said he could do a payment plan. He didn't acknowledge the number. He just said, I can do a payment plan or I can slowly get the job done.
Speaker 5: Okay, you got to do that. You're going to have to sign a settlement agreement with him, and you're not willing to let him continue. And I don't blame you. You're already four months behind schedule. But get something on, get something down that acknowledges he owes you something. We'll worry about the collection afterwards. Frankly, I don't think you're going to get it. What kind of health problems does this guy have?
Speaker 7: He had COVID related breathing and lung issues, okay?
Speaker 6: And how old is this gentleman?
Speaker 7: Mid fifties, late fifties.
Speaker 5: Okay, I would this is what I would do, and we'll get involved later on. But I'm telling you, hiring attorney now is way premature because that's all the attorney's going to do, is the attorney. All the tools the attorney has is negotiating a settlement or taking him to court and getting a judgment. But okay, so you could do that, you can get a judgment. You can't go for ten grand. That's county court. You'd have to go to small seventy five hundred limit for small claims court. If you are willing to do that and get a judgment for seventy five hundred, then you have a judgment. Once you have a judgment, it sits there until you do something with it. But at least it's a transcript and it's a legal document what they call memorializing the event, putting it in writing, and having a real.
Speaker 6: Figure to work with.
Speaker 5: Again, you can't do ten grand in small claims, so you would have to go to county court. That's not impossible, by the way, to do on your own, that's pretty easy. Do you think this guy would lawyer up if you did that, or do you think he's down and out and can't afford it.
Speaker 7: I don't know whether he's down and out and can't afford it, because I don't know if he's just done yeah my job, because he's not going to get more money from it, and he's still doing this other people. I don't know anything. Yeah, well, okay, publicity towards this, and like, if I can, can you talk about contact and trust back all the time on your show? Yeah? Yeah, And if he has committed theft and stuff like that, I want him no longer doing business.
Speaker 5: I want and you know what, I agree with you one hundred percent. In addition to helping yourself, you fear right now, he might be out there doing it every day.
Speaker 6: He as soon as he takes a down payment.
Speaker 5: He's trying to catch up with people who are nipping at his heels. I get you, and I applaud you for that, but there's only so much this guy can do.
Speaker 6: And then here's the problem.
Speaker 5: Now, if he's doing it intentionally, bankruptcy won't help him. But no one goes after somebody for fraud on bankruptcy. This guy will just file bankruptcy and everybody will go away. Very seldom to people try to pierce the bankruptcy and go after them personally and claim that it was manipulated and all of that. I'm not saying it's impossible, but very seldom to people do that, Chris. The very first thing I would do, and I'm marking this here so we can bring it back up for you The very first thing I would do is say, Joe, listen, we need to get something in writing so we can come to an agreement as to what is owed and how much would be an equitable settlement. If you can't get that done, Chris, then we go to the next here, which is us contacting him and explaining to him about the Contractor's Trust Act. But get something in writing. I would suggest something very simple that the two that he could not complete the job due to various health problems and other issues, and he agrees to a full and final settlement, or you both agree to a full final settlement of ten thousand dollars to be paid let's put it this way, to be paid in the future in a mutually acceptable way, or something.
Speaker 6: Again, I'm just telling you what I would do.
Speaker 5: I can't give you legal advice, but do something to get it in writing.
Speaker 6: That's your first step.
Speaker 5: You do not need an attorney at this point unless you want to go to court and all that money and get a useless judgment. Really, I mean you're going to get a judgment. You have proof he took the money. The job's not done. If an expert, if a contractor looked at the job. Would a contractor say, looked at the contract and looked at the job, would a contractor come to the conclusion that it is not complete?
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, and ill a couple other people on the referral list today to have okay scheduling quotes here.
Speaker 5: What you ought to do is get the But this is what's really important, Chris. When when the wheels come off, you can't go and say to a contractor. Let's say you had Genesis come out, which is a wonderful contractor Genesis Total Exteriors. So let's say they come out and they say to you, it's going to cost twenty grand to finish because Genesis is looking at it as the way they would do it.
Speaker 6: So that's not fair.
Speaker 5: What you need to do is have a contractor come out and look at the contract you have and say, what would it take to finish the job according to the terms of this contract. And do you do have a contract with them?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 6: Okay, So the.
Speaker 5: Extent that that work is being done to that contract, find out what it would cost to complete it according to that contract, not according to what a good contractor would do, but whatever you contracted to do for fifty seven thousand, six hundred dollars. You ask the people you hire to look at it, or the inspector, how much will it cost.
Speaker 6: So let's say they tell you, you.
Speaker 5: Know what it's going to cost you fifty to finish this according to the contract right now, you would owe him technically four grand.
Speaker 6: So you would take four four eleven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whatever, you would take whatever is owed, whatever is old. You minus that from what it would take, and you sue him for the difference. So if it's if it would take ten grand to finish according to that contract, you would take the four off of that because you're not going to pay him that, and then you would sue him for the additional six.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: And you need to do that quickly. So once you do that, call us back. I have all of our notes here, and we'll help you with the next step. But man, there is nothing worse than being in a situation like this and people, it happens all the time. You get behind the eight ball with a contractor, and it just sucks. Three ozho three seven to one three talks seven one three, eight two five five. I'm going to come back to Brenda after the break. She says she has a follow up on the eight black issue, which is a airport shuttle, So stick around to hear that and more on.
Speaker 6: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Brenda called earlier and Brenda said, Hey, you know I have an.
Speaker 6: Issue with a shuttle company.
Speaker 5: I paid in advance for shuttles to the airport and now they're out of business. And I said, well, Brenda, the most logical thing to do is obviously contest it on your charge card. And she's back with more information. Again, this has affected a lot of people. They were selling prepaid passes right up right up until the end. What's going on, Brenda, What did you find out anything new?
Speaker 12: I haven't had a chance to call the credit card, but I happened to be in lonmut and I went to their place of business and the gentleman was inside the office. He will not disparage Simon Chen, who is the owner, but all of the drivers he claims to have been paid. And a lady walked up named Anne, who I will keep in touch with. She is in for three thousand dollars. Uh oh, these chief passes, and God forbid, I just port so she and I will keep in touch and I'll have her credit card company, right, for sure, concern because I knew one of the drivers comes to the place that I work. And now I feel good that at least the drivers got paid.
Speaker 15: But that sad.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, Branda, what is your gut feeling? What is your gut feeling?
Speaker 5: You don't think he engineered this thing to try to get a bunch of money and leave what or do you?
Speaker 6: What is your gut feeling?
Speaker 16: The driver that I talk.
Speaker 12: To, who will remain unnamed, said he was just a good guy. He had no business se he should have been okay, pull those thirty two dollars things. And you know, I don't know drugs, women.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 12: I'm not going to disparage the guy. I just am very sad at somebody's out three thousand.
Speaker 7: I mean right right, I've been digging so much.
Speaker 12: Trust and respect. That's all I asked for, and I will tip anybody.
Speaker 3: Actually, I just came to get my rings cleaned at Classic Goal.
Speaker 12: There's a good business in Long Line, incredible jeweler.
Speaker 10: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Know what, I understand that, I understand that completely.
Speaker 5: But the good news is this, everyone and I mean everyone who paid by credit card I think is going to be able to get their money back. This is a classic credit card case where you can contest the charges. Thank you for calling three oh three seven to one to three Talk is our number, or you can call three oh three Martino, three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Jim, you may have run into a possible scam. You say, spill the beans, Jim, what's going on with you?
Speaker 17: All Right? I get skilled about once a week or that tempted. I don't fall for them. But there's a new one going in.
Speaker 10: I got a call.
Speaker 17: I'm the customer of Eccinity and Comcast, and I got a call saying that my two year promotional had run out and my new rate, instead of being one hundred and nineteen, would be one hundred and fifty. Well, and I questioned the guy on it. I said, no, I just re upped on one hundred and nineteen.
Speaker 10: He made me an offer.
Speaker 17: I could get my hoe feet turned down to fifty dollars a month for both Comcasts and Exfinity if I was willing to pay for twelve months in advance. Too good to be true.
Speaker 10: It's always I thought I wasn't interested.
Speaker 17: I checked with a friend at it.
Speaker 6: How do you know, d how do you know it's a complice scam?
Speaker 14: So I get this voicemail from them about every other week and I have Infinity.
Speaker 6: Oh they know you're a customer. They don't.
Speaker 2: They're just throwing the dice.
Speaker 14: And they got this guy right because he happens to be a customer.
Speaker 2: But it's a If you do a.
Speaker 14: Keyword search for Comcast Infinity scam on the Internet, you will see many thousands of people reporting this, and unfortunately, some of them do make that payment and then they never see that money again.
Speaker 7: So you're you're one right.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I didn't fall for it, but I just want to have people warned out there. It's a shame these people just sit in front of the computers.
Speaker 6: How much do they want from you? By the way, Jim, how they.
Speaker 10: Wanted six and they said a month?
Speaker 6: Oh, they said, and then you could keep the lower price.
Speaker 17: I can get, I can get. Well, I was one hundred and nineteen, but he hit me down to fifty dollars a month if I would pay for a year. Got you and I have a friend that works Atinity. I got hold of him. He says, we have no such program.
Speaker 5: You know you were smart enough not to get what was your What was your first clue? What kind of payment were they going to accept from you?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 17: Wait, I didn't even get to that when he said six hundred dollars paid for a year in advance.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you didn't bother. You just knew you just knew something was up.
Speaker 17: Yeah it was. It was one of those too good to be true. Instead of one hundred and fifty a suddenly one of fifty dollars a month if i'd pay for twelve months.
Speaker 6: Yep, I'm telling.
Speaker 7: You pay fifty right away.
Speaker 6: And what you said is true. What the hell is going on? There are more scams.
Speaker 5: Than ever if in fact, people, I'm going to give away a prize, I want you to I want you to call in with the latest scams, and if it's a scam that we haven't heard of, we'll give you a prize. I don't know what the prize is. Maybe a trip to Miami. Now I'm just kidding, but we'll give you maybe a little uh, a little troubleshooter swag. We got more coming up. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. Remember these offers come from everywhere, everywhere. One clear Choice Garage Doors for your garage door needs, whether it's an opener, a spring, a hinge, the cable, the entire door. One clear Choice Doors dot Com has you covered.
Speaker 6: All of their prices are on the website.
Speaker 5: Look them up one clear Choice Doors dot Com. Hi, Tom Martino here three O three seven on three eight two five five. Don't forget fixed at twenty four to seven. They're doing, by the way, that deep clean check. It's the extreme clean check and tune of your AC. Do it for thirty nine bucks if you've not had it done before. Unbelievable deal. Two hours of labor pulling this thing out, taking it apart, clean each and every crevice and cranny and part and adjusting it all. That's fixed myihome dot com book now just thirty nine bucks. Dan wants to talk about eight Black Shuttle Service. Basically eight Black reduced their price and we're selling a lot of advanced passes just before they went out of business. But a lot of people think it's a good guy. He wasn't doing it to cheat anyone. He was trying to make a last ditch effort to stay above water and had to close up and I'm advising people who bought these passes in advance and paid in advance to go to their credit card company and get and contest the charge because they're getting no service in return. Dan, what is your comment? What is going on about eight black shuttle service?
Speaker 18: I would just say I think it was either Friday after I saw the email or Saturday. I called America Express because I'm out six hundred dollars, and America Express said, because they're a closed company, they have no way to claw back the money. I mean what, Yeah, No, they said they have no way to clide back.
Speaker 5: Well, you can still, you can still contest that charge. I kind of disagree with what they're telling you at this point. It Yeah, you can contest this charge.
Speaker 14: I mean, Tom, our previous caller is just a few minutes ago, said that American Express had refunded her her purchase.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did you. Why don't you just go online and contest it.
Speaker 19: I sure wouldn't offer that kind of information. I'd basically say, Hey, in fact, if it was in the last right sixty or ninety days, I'll tell you exactly what I'd say.
Speaker 2: I'd say, I have no idea, what the hell this is.
Speaker 19: Someone must have stolen and using my number, because I have absolutely no idea what the hell this is.
Speaker 5: When they said when they said they had no ability to claw it back, that's the same with fraud. They very seldom have the ability to claw back money in the in cyber space when you deal with ripoffs and cheets and all of these.
Speaker 6: I'm shocked that they told.
Speaker 2: You that they actually don't even clawed back.
Speaker 14: There's a thing called a merchant account, and the merchant doesn't get all the money that gets that they charge people's credit cards.
Speaker 6: For me, wait till the record.
Speaker 14: There is a certain like there's like a twenty percent or a ten percent float that remains in this account that merchants that credit cards can claw their money back out of the account.
Speaker 2: They don't even get it out of the merchants. That actually is correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Dan, you were told I don't know who you called. Did you call American Express itself?
Speaker 18: Yeah, no, I call I talked to America Express because I have them going back to twenty twenty four. The charges, and what you want to be a little careful on is that American Express will credit your account of damn near immediately with your charges and then they'll go investigate it and you may or may not get the actual credit. So if people spend the money, they may or may not get the actual credit.
Speaker 2: But it's a provisional credit.
Speaker 19: And I don't know if you could go back that far man, I mean going back six months generally you're talking ninety one hundred and twenty days.
Speaker 5: You know, we have to get some one marked well our processor.
Speaker 19: No, yeah, market, but each bank's different. It depends who you're dealing with. Capital One can handle it completely different than Amex compared to Wells Fargo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But what I mean is is there any legal limit, like they say, after this much time, you can't do it, or you know.
Speaker 19: It's whatever's in the term of your agreement with the credit card company.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right about that.
Speaker 19: If you got if you got a black card, you could probably get rid of something you bought a year and a half ago, as long as it's not a jet airline.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 5: I think that basically I have never I don't but I've never waited a year or anything. But I did on one card come up against some fraudulent charges that went back about four or five months, and they asked me why I didn't notice it sooner, but they did let me contest it, and really, I'm going to research this.
Speaker 2: To me, the biggest.
Speaker 19: Issue, and I always preach this, and I know people can't stand it when I do it, but if someone ripped you off and they used your credit card and you did not slide it in something in other words, it was given over the phone or over the internet or plugged in some way, you basically play stupid and say.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what tell this is?
Speaker 19: Don't open yourself up to some long story how this company promised, right, yep, yeah, that's how you think.
Speaker 5: And I think that guy maybe told too much. You know, hey, you know I paid for this and the card company and the company went out of business, and maybe who knows, maybe the clerks are even told, hey, if the consumer's in doubt, uh, you.
Speaker 6: Know, don't do it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't think you even need to talk to them though. That's the part that confuses me. Whenever I've contested a charge, it's always been online. Thank you, though, Dan, we're looking into the clawback or the contesting provisions for charges. I think, like Mark said, it's a matter of contract between you and the issuer. But but I there's got to be something maybe under the UCC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there is, I just looked it up. Okay, good, So by law you have.
Speaker 14: To notify them within sixty days, it says, by law okay, sixte you know section six?
Speaker 2: What what law? That is? Under the TILA under Truth and Lending Act. Okay.
Speaker 14: And then there are actually and it's either TILA or Fair Credit Doing Act.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 6: And I just verify that.
Speaker 5: Fair Credit Billing Act says you have sixty days from the statement date showing the error, not from the transaction date.
Speaker 6: And this is this is by law, so you're right.
Speaker 2: Well wait wait, wait, wait guys.
Speaker 19: When you say by law they have to do at least sixty I get that. But if AMEX decides they will go back ninety there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 6: Or a year, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Nor a year. So yeah, that's even more important than what the law says.
Speaker 6: It just depends the issuer. It says.
Speaker 21: Here.
Speaker 5: It goes on to say the issuer must acknowledge your dispute within thirty days, and.
Speaker 2: They must complete their investigation within.
Speaker 6: Two billiing within two billing cycles.
Speaker 5: Right within it says typically sixty days, but never more than ninety. So you're right, ninety is the limit. So this is good to know. Additional time limits have to do with other things, like you have one hundred and twenty days to file a charge back for issues like product service and quality. This is not fraud now, this is one hundred and twenty days for quality.
Speaker 17: Okay.
Speaker 19: I I think we've all been screwed at some point where we have some kind of continuous billing going on and say, we canceled the service, but we didn't recognize it because it's only you know, twelve bucks a month, or for whatever reason, you didn't recognize it.
Speaker 2: So you've been paying it a year and a half.
Speaker 19: It finally dawns on you and you call up your credit card company and go, what the hell I canceled with this company, and they can only go back, you know, or they will only go back three months or whatever it is.
Speaker 5: So in any case, it's amazing though, how many, yeah, how many people. It's amazing how many people bought these passes from this place for a small company and for if you do the sampling of my audience and how the number of calls compared to the population. It tells you that these guys made a whole crapload of states.
Speaker 19: Did they? Did they BK? I was I was bouncing around doing it.
Speaker 5: No, they just closed right now. There's no I couldn't find no bankruptcy.
Speaker 19: So the problem is each person got ripped off by so little, no one's going to force him into a BK.
Speaker 5: That's probably the truth, unless they owe a landlord, or unless they owe some money somewhere. Yeah, Okay, Tom Martino here more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Tom Martino here at three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five, Tim, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Tim. What's going on with your plumber?
Speaker 8: That's what happened was that I hired a plumber of January ninth to do a roughing and spectacle, to do a rough and plumbing job in my basement to a friend. And I was dumb when I paid up front, and he never he failed the inspection. Two times. He had a drain from the sink vandy going upwards and he he and he had another issue where he didn't put the right plans in the toilet daker. But two times and now he says that he can't come up. He told me three weeks, but three that week. So he can't come up for three weeks to fix what he messed up. So I'm going to have to do it myself, like the past, the regional buildings, fuming in specially Okay.
Speaker 6: Now you hired him, you hired him only for a.
Speaker 8: Rough in, right, a roughing and he didn't complete it right?
Speaker 6: And how much did you pay him up front?
Speaker 8: Twenty four hundred dollars?
Speaker 6: And why can may I ask why you did that?
Speaker 8: Why? I did that? Because the lady I loved it, she knew him, and I knew he was kind of hurting for money and stuff like that. So that's why I did that. But you know, and she feels carrible about this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what's the last thing you said to this guy?
Speaker 6: Tim? What's the last thing you said to be plumber?
Speaker 8: I shot around and I texted him on the phone. I said I failed the second time, and you know I mean, and I told him the reasons why, and like that, he says, why could maybe come up a few weeks, But I don't know what I'll be at.
Speaker 5: What's the what's does he have a company? Did you hire his company.
Speaker 8: Yes, I did. He owns the company.
Speaker 5: What's the what's the what's the name of the Okay, go ahead, spell it.
Speaker 6: R E M L E Plumbing, Remley Plumbing.
Speaker 8: R E M L E.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay.
Speaker 5: And uh you said he said he may get to it, but it's going to be a while.
Speaker 8: Yes, And he hasn't gotten to it. And you know he's think I feel he's incompetent because he did it wrong two times.
Speaker 6: How much would it cost?
Speaker 5: How much would it cost to just fix just what needs to be done for the inspection?
Speaker 6: How much? Is it a lot of money or is it just a few hundred bucks or what?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 8: I mean, I haven't got another pumber that contacted another pummer yet, but the thing about it is probably gonna cost me a few hundred dollars, four hundred dollars at least.
Speaker 5: But here's what I'm thinking, Tim, Maybe you do that job to finish it, and then you simply go after him for the money it takes to fix it, rather than trying to get this deadbeat to do the right I mean, he's obviously not going to do anything. So your losses, if your losses are five hundred dollars or less. It's it doesn't even pay to go after it. If you can get this fixed for five hundred or less, you do that, keep the receipt and then take the guy to small claims court, which will get you a judgment, and then we can help you collect on that judgment. But other than that, if it's only a few hundred to get it fixed, I wouldn't bother. Have it checked out and let us know. I'm Tom Martinez. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 7: Ripped up.
Speaker 2: New need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 7: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. This is a busy day today. If you got to have a problem, question and complain you want to discuss, if you have one, give us a call at there.
Speaker 6: There's a couple numbers.
Speaker 5: The best number for twenty four to seven access is three oh three Martino. Then you don't have to worry when we're on the air or whatever. Just call and say I'm having this problem. We'll call you back and get you on the next show. That's three oh three six two seven eight four six three oh three Martino and then of course you call three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. If you're looking for a will or you need to compose a trust or maybe an LLC, a family LLC that can actually be used in place of a trust, Dan McKenzie has many creative ideas and can help you with your estate plan McKenzie Law Dan McKenzie and that number is eight three three co plans eight three three co plans. Hey, We've been following this auction at rollerauctions dot com and then you click the Buy and Build link. Buy and Build is a long time sponsor of ours on the show, and we've sent a lot of people to Buy and.
Speaker 6: Build because we love the way they do business.
Speaker 5: They're a big giant warehouse for cabinets and uh and plumbing like for fix yours and bats and all of that, and they have twice a year this auction where they sell all kinds of stuff, not just their normal cabinets and vanities and countertops and sinks and faucets and all of that. They they don't actually do the all of they do all of that, but they also do so many other things. It's hard to explain. You have to go and browse this auction for yourself. But it started today, it's going to go on through tomorrow, and it's going to start closing tomorrow where you have a chance to do some live bidding and it gets exciting.
Speaker 6: So Courtney, I've been looking.
Speaker 5: I can't believe I saw you even had some wristwatches on the auction.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, there's something Victor Watches brand new in the box and Victor Watches. They're really nice and we like to bring there's in a sort of just a little category of gift items to spice up the auction a little bit.
Speaker 6: Somebody wanted to know.
Speaker 5: They texted me, do you have plumbing fixtures?
Speaker 6: I know I mentioned it, but you may not.
Speaker 5: Actually do you deal in the actual tubs or toilets?
Speaker 7: We do not at our store, but we do have them in our auction. We used to sell tubs and toilets out of our store, and then when we moved to our new location, we just went to cabinets, granite sinks, and faucets. So we do have the faucets in the sink portion, but we didn't. We no longer carry toilets and tile and things like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about the what about the floors in general?
Speaker 6: Do you have any floors in this auction?
Speaker 7: Yes, we have quite a bit of flooring in this auction. We have four full rolls of carpet. We've got four pallets of different colors of tile. We've got LVP, which is that you final plank that looks like wood that's much more dirt. We have a couple of three colors of that available. We also have some solid three quarter inch hardwood. We have some red oak and some white oak in a couple different grades.
Speaker 5: And when the auction ends, can you explain how it goes back and forth tomorrow and what time that's going to start.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I recommend jumping online a little bit before items start to close at one o'clock PM. I mean, honestly, the way I like to bid is I like to get on early, and I like to place my maximum bid now and then I don't get hung up in that war at the end. And so what you can do is you can set a maximum bid right now, say an item sitting at twenty five cents I'm looking right now at some hardwood. There's some hardwood sitting at fifteen cents of square foot for five inch solid white oak flooring block fifteen cents of foot if your next bid is going to be twenty cents a foot, and then you can put a maximum in there, say ninety nine cents of foot or whatever, and so the computer will automatically bid for you all the way up and tell your maximum. Those numbers don't get shared with anybody. Nobody knows what your maximum is. It's a felon you to share that information. So your your maximum bid is totally safe. You can win that item well below your maximum bid if nobody bids against you, and then it'll bit for you right up to your maximum. And then you can log on tomorrow and see how you're doing, see if you've been outbid on any items, and if you want to raise your your threshold on that or if you want to you know, bit on something new.
Speaker 6: And I notice here.
Speaker 5: If you go to rollerauction dot com R O L L E. R rollerauction dot com and hit buy and build, you can browse page by page if you want to see absolutely everything, or they have the keyword search you can do or they have different kinds of sorting options. So really go there, just see and I see a button called watch. So what does that watch button do.
Speaker 7: That gives you? Well, so one that'll give you notices on the price, but it also kind of gives you updates, so you can when you log on, you can look at what items you're watching, and I will skip over all the stuff that you've decided you don't want to bid on, and it'll can you a list of the stuff you're watching.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's really good. So if you want to go through here and you find.
Speaker 5: Stuff, hit the watch button and it'll sort it for you next time around, and you can bid on just those items if you want, or just watch those items. What are some more of the unusual stuff?
Speaker 6: Are things you might have this year?
Speaker 7: Well, honestly, it's kind of nice to see toilets at my auction again. We haven't had toilets at are auction and probably three or four different sales, so it's nice to see those on the floor again. And then this time, you know, last auction we had some six panel solid pine doors pre hung, and then we have the two panel knotty pine doors pre hung this time, we'd brought a six panel Holocorps interior door. So if somebody needs to do interior doors in their house or in a rental or anything like that, these are those holocre doors that are much better value and you'll really save a ton of money. You'd be able to There's so many different sizes and swings that are available at this auction. You can fill up the entire house and buy all doors that match, and you'll be able to save an absolute portion on them.
Speaker 5: Oh no, you will. And they're beautiful doors. They come pre hung. I'm looking at them right now. And some of these doors, you have so many of them, Courtney, so many of them that I'll venture to say, you're going to have a lot going at minimum bids. You know. Some of the there are many of these interior u pre hung doors, six panel hollow court interior door with frame. You have various sizes, and I see a lot of them sitting at zero and others at only five dollars. Oh my god, I don't see how Courtney, You're gonna get action on every one of these. You're going to have a lot of people walking away with some really really great deals on these doors.
Speaker 7: Oh, I think there is going to be some great deals on these doors. A nice thing about bringing as many as we brought, and I know it does look like we brought way too many doors. But when you do a house, if you really walk through your house and you count how many doors you have in your house and what the size of those doors are, and the different swings because some swing to the right, some swing to the left, right, and you put up a list. You know, one house can have twenty twenty five doors in it very easily. So all we need is a couple of different people that need the full house full of doors and that we can get everybody taken care of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're changing doors, now's the time to do it. These knotty pine doors. These are beautiful. They're beautiful and great.
Speaker 7: Great product for Colorado. It's you know, it's got that knotty appeal, but it's still a pine, a solid core pine door. So it's not a holo court, it's not cheap. It's going to have a nice, solid, heavy, rugged feeling to it and still give you that appeal of the knots and the natural rustic look.
Speaker 5: And I can't believe how many of them are sitting sitting at five bucks.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's incredible.
Speaker 7: You know what. I don't like seeing it like that, tom It scares me a little bit. But yeah, you know, every auction, you know, things start to start to go tomorrow and then you know, I always like it when people get really good bargains because that means the next auction they're going to tune in and they're going to try to get good bargains again. Yeah, and really that's what this is all about.
Speaker 6: It And I've seen him at twenty four inches.
Speaker 5: I've seen him at twenty four inches, twenty eight inches, thirty inches, thirty two, So you have varying sizes.
Speaker 6: People.
Speaker 5: If you're doing a project right now, you got to look at this site. You will save a ton of money. And that's rollerauction dot Com. And then just look for the buy and build on the front page the square there and click on that square and it'll take you in here. So what about last time you had some even I don't know, I don't remember. I think you had bicycles, but you had toys anything like that in this lot anywhere.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we have quite a few toys. It's towards the end of the auction. So right about lot let me see here, right about lot three fifty or so, it starts to get into non building material items and you know, right after the doors there, so we've got, you know, a lot three point fifty four is a grand entry a door that's really beautiful front door for your home. And then it goes into some throw ruads, and then it goes into the miscellaneous stuff. There's pickleball rackets, there's paddleboards, there are tons of different gift items and toys. One of the big things that we have is this mix and mash that it is a I don't know, thirty piece slime set and it's got all sorts of different colors of slime with glitters and all sorts of stuff. Kids love this stuff, and I.
Speaker 5: Will Now they are these, by the way, these interior doors.
Speaker 6: These are thousands of dollars worth of doors.
Speaker 5: One of them, for example, a naughty elder grand entry doorway with side lights and then there's uh six lights in the main door. You're looking at a bid right now of one hundred and ten dollars, I mean, you know, and.
Speaker 7: That's that door right there's probably a three thousand dollars door.
Speaker 5: If you're holy crap, I'm telling you right now, anyone, And and here's what's great anyone going through a project, do it.
Speaker 6: And here's what I like.
Speaker 5: Even if you don't like the bid on one, there are identical runs right next to it because he has so many of the same, which means you can start your own bid out lower. So that really accordiny. That really can get complicated. I mean, you got some people they see a bid for one hundred and ten and right next to it there's one that hasn't bid yet they can get they can start all over.
Speaker 6: On that one. So it's it's I mean, that's that.
Speaker 5: That's puzzled me a bit why you did that, But hey, it's it's more chances for people to make great deals. And they even have security safes by Honeywell, you have a depository safe with digital lock. You have outdoor furniture I'm looking at, and then of course these watches, you have light fixtures. Man, it's impossible to relate to you everything on here.
Speaker 6: But I'm at the end now.
Speaker 7: If I really recommend you going to the site and scrolling through it and seeing all the treasures that are there. Even if you're not in the market for building materials. They're all sorts of okay, gift items if you have birthdays coming up, all sorts of.
Speaker 5: Things rollerauction dot com look for buy and build and then buy and build. Of course, if you ever want to contact him directly through at five sixties South Lapan and they're open for kitchens and baths buy and build dot Net.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Courtney. We'll check back with you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: When this start, When this stuff starts closing, it's going to really get exciting because you're going to see things. Now Courtney's not going to be happy about it, but you're going to see some probably hardwood floor going for pennies on the dollar. You're going to see big thousands of dollars worth of entry doors going for one hundred to five hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Every year, this happens every.
Speaker 5: Time he has an auction, people get incredible deals. Belinda, let me start with your problem right now and I'll take a quick break.
Speaker 6: What is going on with you, Belinda?
Speaker 3: So Tom, I have a question for you. Yeah, because I was listening to you about two weeks ago and there was a gentleman that had somebody pull up and then said they had four truckloads of asphalt.
Speaker 7: Yep, Andy, yep, yep.
Speaker 3: And so we had the same thing happened to us today in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 5: Is it the same, by the way, you didn't fall for it, did you?
Speaker 3: No, That's what I'm calling you. My husband was out there talking to him and I'm like no. And so I looked at the website and on his business car it says make checks payable to two people, not the company. And there's no physical address.
Speaker 2: Is it called CNJ.
Speaker 3: No Total Asphalt Paving And when you go into their website it pulls up actually in California, I believe.
Speaker 5: Okay, now listen, here's what I want to tell you about it. These guys, you know, might just be hard working guys trying to make a living, but there's no way they can prep and put down this asphalt properly. We have so many people that have purchased this door to door asphalt and it fails miserably. The oil content is low, the quality is low, and when you go for longevity, it starts picking up and peeling and it turns into gravel. So the oil content's very low. There is no way that these people can ever do the prep they need properly as well. You need to scrape that ground and prep it and tamp it, and they do none of that. So I'm glad that your husband didn't fall for it.
Speaker 6: What were they offering.
Speaker 3: About forty one hundred or was it seventy one hundred?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait, wait one hundred for seventy one hundred for how many square feet?
Speaker 11: Six hundred and fifty?
Speaker 5: And what did they say they were going to do? They were going to put it all down right?
Speaker 11: Then they said that they come out level my driveway, which it's been gravel for years, so the gravels, you know, sinking into the ground right about every.
Speaker 10: Two years, two or three years.
Speaker 11: I got to bring in a truckload of gravel and throw it down and spread it with the skinster sure, which I've been doing for you here.
Speaker 5: And how did they say they would prep it for a weed controlling.
Speaker 2: All of that?
Speaker 11: They said they would scrape it down, level everything straight edges on the asphalt, go around any.
Speaker 17: Of the concrete.
Speaker 11: Like I got an apron around my garage, man all open because.
Speaker 5: I man, were they literally driving or was this hot blacktop right in their truck? Right?
Speaker 6: At that time.
Speaker 11: No, oh, they it's not it's million it's asphalt milling. And then they go over with a sailor.
Speaker 5: So okay, they were going to put down the so they put down the lead, the loose gravel basically this the asphalt trailings, and then then they come over with like a tar mixture and then they roll it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well yeah, they put the asphalt down, they roll it, they pack it and roll it out so it's level, right, so I wouldn't have any potholes or anything like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you would have potholes, you'd have failure within thirty days.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you didn't do it.
Speaker 5: No, No, seriously, these scams, they come out of the woodwork.
Speaker 6: Most likely they're travelers.
Speaker 5: They go city by city according to the weather. But no matter what, you did a smart thing not using them. Don't ever, ever, ever, ever do a job based on a door to door sale. I would say, if you looked at a universe of people, most people who get ripped off they get ripped off from people who have approached them, as opposed to the other way around. We have more coming up, so I'm not saying everyone going door to doors ripping people off.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying is, if.
Speaker 5: You took a survey of people ripped off, most of those people were approached at their door for home products more coming right up.
Speaker 19: Even ripped off or taking advantage of this is the show for you. Really, you got a bad contractor out there. Three to oh three, Martino, You got a bad landlord? Three oh three Martino, You get the idea. I've got deputy standing by to start digging in. We got any updates, Scott? You got anything over there?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 20: Now, I'm just working a couple of cases from last week.
Speaker 2: Like what what are you working on? One of them was this Mike.
Speaker 20: Garage door company? Yep, what about it too? And I called the garage door company. The guy just wanted an estimate for a spring. No, I repair a repanel. Yeah, okay, back into it. And I called the garage door company and it's like, no, this person's not here.
Speaker 2: This person said you're a kid anywhere.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 19: You know that's kind of the deal these days, is you simply don't well, you don't cop to anything.
Speaker 2: Why I talk to someone?
Speaker 19: Just keep putting them off and putting them off and putting them off. An example would be what was that Dimitri. What that engine company last week that ended up ended up on Sleavesburgade.
Speaker 2: What was the name of it, Oh, go Cats bead shop.
Speaker 19: Yeah, go cats like them the guy. The guy literally didn't do anything for seven years. The guy gave him seventy five hundred dollars for an engine. Seven years goes by, and he's still making excuses up I mean, companies nowadays are crazy.
Speaker 14: Yeah, the economy is awful. Four guys are dying out, blah blah blah.
Speaker 19: Oh my god, he's like, I'm sick, my mother's sick. They if you went through the text, you'd be blown away by all the problems in the guy's life. But of course, you know there's nothing going on over there. Like literally, I don't think there's anything upstairs on that guy. And speaking of Sleavesburgade, people should check it out. If you're new to the show, you know, we help people out all the time going after companies. There's some companies though, that end up on Sleavesburgade.
Speaker 2: These are the worst of the worst.
Speaker 19: These are guys like the one we were just talking about, take seventy five hundred dollars seven years ago and has given nothing but excuses one after another.
Speaker 2: Now, maybe the guy did pay for excuses.
Speaker 19: So, in other words, a dollar an excuse, we're almost eating up to seventy five hundred bucks. Who's the worst you guys can think of, Scott that we've dealt with recently, like in.
Speaker 2: The last year, who's the worst you've dealt with?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 20: I was just looking at my notes because I was working on that case with Cocats Speech Shop a year ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that was a different one, wasn't it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was a different same shop, different customer, was it er? No, the guy we're dealing with.
Speaker 2: No, it's definitely the same shop customers. Okay, yeah, oh Eric is the owner?
Speaker 7: Yees?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the owner different right, Okay?
Speaker 19: And that guy apparently, And then didn't you find some judgments?
Speaker 2: The guy's actually been to court and lost.
Speaker 14: Yeah, somebody sued him in a Rapo County last year and I haven't been able to see how that case turned out out. And then a few years ago somebody from California, a guy by the name of Piazza, domesticated a Piazza.
Speaker 2: He must he must be Canadian, right.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he domesticated a thirty seven thousand dollars judgment here in jeffco against Gokat. So, yeah, I mean, I just I just don't think Harold is going to get anywhere with this guy.
Speaker 2: I don't think he has any money left. They're just they're not good guys.
Speaker 19: How about you, Dimitri, Besides this guy, what's the worst one you can think of?
Speaker 2: Tony, I'll to you in a second. You know that's an easy one.
Speaker 14: There's an especially tragic case that it's actually Bo's case. I've been helping him out with since I joined you guys last year, and that's justin Garcia's Patriot remodeling out of Calorida Springs.
Speaker 2: He was fifty or thirty too.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he's alleged to have taken the last of this old lady's money sixty two thousand dollars to put together a cabin kit that she you know, foolishly bought. Uh, didn't lift a finger, didn't do anything. Neil Neil Hollington from Hollington Law took that case on on behalf of Carol. This is the elderly lady and it's still kind of winding its way through the process.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope he's got some money.
Speaker 19: I hope he's got a pot to piss and so she can at least take it or do something.
Speaker 2: I hope so too. You know, I don't know why it's worse when it's old people. Well you know what it is.
Speaker 19: In fact, there's even criminal laws built around that. But it's so it's so disheartening hearing when someone that age, anybody over even sixty or over seventy.
Speaker 2: I mean the older the worst.
Speaker 19: But how about the guy that went in and pumped what twenty five thousand dollars into the ATM machine and got ripped off on the liquor store And the story was so crazy it was hard to believe. Didn't you go over there?
Speaker 2: Yeah that liver dollar? Yeah, dollar actually went over there.
Speaker 19: There's some law changes to where the owner of these bitcoin ATMs can be held responsible, starting it to be beginning of the year, which I think will tighten up a lot of that stuff. But I think it's crazy they even have a machine and a liquor store that you can walk up to and put twenty five thousand dollars at one time in cash.
Speaker 2: I think it's bonkers.
Speaker 14: Yeah, there's no legitimate reason for that. These bitcoin ATMs seem to be designed and maintained to support a vast network of international scammera.
Speaker 2: I agree one hundred percent.
Speaker 19: Listen, we got an issue on a Kia coming up in just a second. But somebody, I'm not going to say his name, went very very very long on the last break. I'll make this one quick.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So what's going on with Tony? Did we take him in all Tony?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 6: What's happening, sir?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 10: Last year I bought a twenty twenty you Tell You Ride and the Carlins was adamant, you got to get this extended warranty. You don't want to be without it, this and that. So they got me a warranty through this Fidelity warranty company.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So I didn't have any problems, but last week I have a problem with it. So they're saying they needs a new training put in it. So the guy comes out or what they sent out a rep from the warranty company and he looks at it and I had a list sticker in the window. So he said they avoided it because commercial use.
Speaker 2: Oh that's big time, man.
Speaker 19: If you did, I don't care if it's one time or ten times, all these aftermarket warranties. If you use them for any form of commercial use, which is Lyft and Uber and any kind of ride share man or Toro or any of them, you're out. You're out, You're out.
Speaker 6: Holy crap.
Speaker 10: Explain that to me.
Speaker 7: I had those sticks.
Speaker 2: In your contract. I guarantee it.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I don't think say Tony.
Speaker 10: Anything about do an uber or Lyft.
Speaker 19: Tony, I would bet you one hundred dollars right now against ten dollars if you send me over that agreement, I'll point out exactly it might not say Uber or Lyft, but it said.
Speaker 10: It might say h yeah, and I don't say right share. It says for commercial use, yes, or deliveries, which I didn't use it for.
Speaker 19: Yes, you are well, first of all, you're delivering people. I feel bad for you, man, I know what you're saying. No one reads these contracts and they try to get Let me tell you there's eight million loopholes.
Speaker 6: This isn't going to make you feel better.
Speaker 19: But if they didn't get you on that one, they could have very well got you on another.
Speaker 2: Tom That's right, I mean, and.
Speaker 10: I understand that part. But the bad part of it is so they're saying, they're not going to do anything for my car. It's voided in everything, but they get to keep the money.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, hold on, I don't know. No, no, no, no, that wouldn't be fair. They kept the money for that warranty, of course not.
Speaker 10: They're saying that they're not going to give me a refund. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I don't care.
Speaker 10: They can avoid the warranty, but that thing cost me almost I think it was like thirty two hundred bucks for the extra to get that warrant you put on the car. And now they're saying, I figured since they were the one.
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait, how much how much did that warn how much did that warranty cost you?
Speaker 10: It was a little over thirty two hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: Wait and they say even though hold on, and they say, even though they don't cover it, you still have to pay that thirty two hundred bucks.
Speaker 10: Well, it's in the finance. It was paid for when I financed the car. How long ago was that, Like I said, maybe a year ago?
Speaker 5: Lettle Okay, the money, Well, they can't keep for they can't keep that money if it doesn't cover you. I mean why would they keep the money if you're not going to be covered.
Speaker 10: Well, that's what the guy's telling me is they don't do refunds. That I'm not going to get my money back.
Speaker 6: And who told you that?
Speaker 10: That was the shady part. Because the finance company, or not the finance company, Fidelity, the company that was supposed to do the warranty. I talked to what guy. I tried to explain to him, and he didn't want to hear nothing, didn't want to be helpful, just said, you know, talk to your finance you should.
Speaker 19: Be able to listen man to the car. You should be able to get a pro rated. I mean, you're going to have to pay up until now. But how long was the warranty for where you at on the pro ration?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold on and we'll.
Speaker 6: Come right back. Ye hold on, hold on, let's I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna we're gonna look this up and see how far into the warranty and what they do.
Speaker 6: What's the name of the warranty.
Speaker 10: Warranty company?
Speaker 6: What's the name again that you were cut out?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 10: Fidelity Loyalty Company?
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, we'll be right back with that and more coming up to wait a second, Tony, we don't think there's a hope for you.
Speaker 6: We don't.
Speaker 5: We're looking into it and we're looking at a copy of that. I want to go to Jay though, before the end of the hour, and then we'll collect to Tony as well.
Speaker 6: Jay, what is your question?
Speaker 7: It's Tom.
Speaker 21: I got an interesting situation here holding up getting an inheritance. Is this issue was given to a church. Nobody knows what that is. There's no number. My grandfather purchased all kinds of mineral rights. My mother thought she sold them all in the eighties. Tons of them have popped up, leases have been sold, things are going on, Payments are still coming in. No one has a clue what they are, where they are, how to find it.
Speaker 19: Sounds like oil rights, Tom, I don't even know how you begin to track that stuff.
Speaker 5: It's usually tracked by the guy's name. Now, who was this to you? Jay?
Speaker 6: Was this your dad?
Speaker 21: It was my mom and it was her dad that bought them all back way back when.
Speaker 5: Okay, so your mom and her dad, Your mom and her dad bought mineral rights.
Speaker 21: Yeah, my grandfather started to have company for my grandmother because she wanted one. My mother inherited it Okay, got it, way back, I got it? Thanks pop up?
Speaker 5: What royalties are yielded by this, by these mineral rights?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 21: I think we have no idea at this point because my sister's close lipt but supposedly it's all going into an account somewhere. While she attempts to figure out where they're all at, what they are, what the contracts are, what the values are, and she's gone nowhere in a year and a half, she has Okay.
Speaker 5: Do you know, Jay, do you know if it was a whole bunch of money that is being made on these rights or just a little money, do you have any idea at all?
Speaker 21: At times my mom would say a check for eighty grand, should get one for five hundred dollars, give another one for two dollars and eighty cents.
Speaker 7: I mean, it was okay, everywhere over the board, just all over.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, I have an idea of where you can start hold on and we'll talk about that. Mineral rights are very complicated. They're they're very complicated. We'll talk about how to track them down and then how to dole them out.
Speaker 6: Plus we're going.
Speaker 5: To go back to Tony and figure out what do you do with a warranty that they say they can't cover anymore because of ride share? Three oh three seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 1: Five news, you don't happen, come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shoot is gonna help?
Speaker 12: Come?
Speaker 4: Man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, all.
Speaker 5: Right, I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: Mark take it away, all right?
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 19: I know what that means. Here's what happened there. I'm gonna let everybody know. His food showed up at the door, So I'm just gonna say what it is. Sonic or Freddy showed up, So that was that. Welcome to the show, by the way, the only show of is kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, and take complaints. We're working on a few things in the background right now. But please one line open three zero three Martino three zho three Martino. Hey, Tony, I want to finish up with you real quick on this extended warranty. I get everything you're saying. You should be getting a pro rated warranty for people just joining us. He bought a vehicle, a twenty twenty Kia. Tell you ride and basically bought an extended warranty for thirty two hundred dollars. Had a problem with the transmission. Warranty company came out and said, Nope, you're not covered because you're a lift driver. It's a commercial use, which is very true. Now why are they saying they won't pro rat it. Did you already use up the entire amount of time or mileage in the warranty?
Speaker 10: Tony no I talked, so the guy at the warranty place said, well, call your call the finance company, or not the finance company, but my dealership. So I talked to him yesterday.
Speaker 2: What dealership year.
Speaker 10: Was Drankia up off of one hundred and fourth Avenue.
Speaker 19: And that's who sold it to you, right, That's who told me. So here's how it should work. They cancel the warranty they pro rated. However that pro ration looks, then it's going to be credited to your credit union or your bank, whoever the lender is. You're not going to see it in your pocket, but it should take it off the loan if it was built into the loan, and I assume it was. Yes, So did you go through that paperwork with the dealer that I did.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I called him here.
Speaker 2: And what did the dealers?
Speaker 10: He was he's the one who told me that they wouldn't give me a refund.
Speaker 2: Well, that's all I'm telling you.
Speaker 19: I'm telling you, under the circumstance you're in, these things are pro rated.
Speaker 2: I can't think of any that are not pro rated.
Speaker 19: How many miles have how many miles have you put on the vehicle since you purchased it?
Speaker 10: About thirty five forty thousand?
Speaker 19: And how many miles is the extended warranty good for.
Speaker 10: One hundred and fifty thousand or ten years?
Speaker 6: Or ten years? They owe you something?
Speaker 19: Man, Hey, Deputy D do you mind calling over and figuring this out with the key of dealership?
Speaker 2: You understand how this stuff works?
Speaker 7: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think are so.
Speaker 14: I think we have two goals if I understand you correctly, to see if we can get the call or a pro rated refund on that warranty, but also see if his vehicle is covered by the original manufacturer's warranty?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: How many miles are on it right now? Tony total? Roughly?
Speaker 10: You think I'm like one hundred and thirty seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, none of it's Oh yeah, it's over. Yeah, that's over.
Speaker 19: And if you're extended warranty Wait wait, wait, Tony, that was a great question, D.
Speaker 2: But I mean for multiple reasons.
Speaker 19: But Tony, your your pro ration is going to be very little if it only brings you to one hundred and fifty thousand miles.
Speaker 10: No, it was supposed to be from So when I bought the car, it had seventy eight thousand. Yeah, so that's what my one hundred and fifty is based off of.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. We've got it. Here's what Listen, I'm changing this whole thing up. D.
Speaker 19: We need a copy of his policy to actually figure out what it says.
Speaker 2: I mean, we got to know where it is.
Speaker 19: I don't think that warranty was going to cover him to two hundred and thirty thousand miles or whatever the math is.
Speaker 2: Tony.
Speaker 19: Can you take a picture or grab the pdf, send it to help at troubleshooter dot com, Kelly pick up, give him the information. But D, that's where we gotta go. We got to see what this guy actually bought.
Speaker 2: And when you do.
Speaker 19: Get the policy or the warranty, you're gonna see how the pro ration works.
Speaker 2: And we can figure that out as well. Sound good, you got it? Hey, Jake? What's going on with State Farm?
Speaker 7: Jake?
Speaker 2: Jake?
Speaker 19: Jake, Jake, Hey, Jake, what's up?
Speaker 2: My god? Am I crazy? Am I not hearing?
Speaker 7: Jake?
Speaker 2: Or what's going on here?
Speaker 17: Scammed me?
Speaker 2: Okay? And how did they scam you?
Speaker 7: Jake?
Speaker 2: Give me an idea here, dive into it a little.
Speaker 3: They usually.
Speaker 2: Like FI a month.
Speaker 7: They charged me one thousand dollars a month, Jake?
Speaker 2: How old are you? Twenty five?
Speaker 19: And then what were they charging you? Five hundred dollars a month?
Speaker 11: For?
Speaker 8: My god?
Speaker 19: Yeah, he's a nut. Well, he's not a nut, he's a child. He's twenty five, Jake? Really, why are you calling?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: I find it curious? You realize?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 2: You hung up? You know.
Speaker 19: I listened to talk radio as a kid too, and I called up, of all people, Talknet Talknet had Bruce Williams, and Talknett had Sally, Jesse, Raphael and I called up, No kidding, I called up when I was probably Jake's age share, somewhere around ten twelve years old. I called up and it was a late night live talk show. I was probably supposed to be sleeping. In fact, I would assume Jake's supposed to be in school. But that's all right, Jake. I hope the truant officers don't show up. But here's the deal. I actually called up and told them I was fourteen and got my girlfriend pregnant and she bought everything hook line and sinker, no kidding, and I thought it was funny.
Speaker 2: I never laughed.
Speaker 19: I just kind of hung up and kept the whole thing going for the listeners. Never thought about it until I was out. I lived in Oklahoma at the time. I was out in New York visiting my grandparents for the summer, where my uncle Johnny lived. I went over, and I loved hanging out with my uncle Johnny when I was a kid, and I went over there, and sure enough he asked me, he goes, Hey, did you happen to call up Sally Jesse Rafael and say that you knocked up a girl because it sounded just like you, And sure enough I did.
Speaker 2: And that was that. So Jake, have fun. I'm not going to scold the kid.
Speaker 19: Hey, did you ever do anything Dmitri or Scott or even Shan and shann and I can see as a Shenanigans person and Jay the reason we do have open lines three O three seven one three eight two five five. So I do want to say this, Jay, I'm waiting for Tom to come back because he's dealt with mineral rights and oil rights and stuff that I simply have not dealt with. If we can get an expert on, that's fine, but tracking that stuff downs very hard. But hold on, when Tom gets back, we'll dive into that now, Dimitri, did you ever do anything like this?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Do I have you? Or are you stuffing your face with hot dogs?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I'm here, the hot dogs aren't haven't arrived yet.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 19: So oh the HVAC guys showed up. Mm hmm okay, So here's a question. Okay, did you ever do any hijinks like this? Order pizzas to someone's house? No, you never ordered it, well like when you were a teenager. You literally never ordered a pizza to someone's house.
Speaker 14: No, but we did place a classified for sale ad in the Rocky Mountain News about using our high school principles address of saying you tennis courts must go almost free.
Speaker 19: Used tennis courts, and then you put his address there.
Speaker 2: Her address there?
Speaker 19: What the hell? Has it used tennis court? You mean tennis racket.
Speaker 2: No, tennis courts.
Speaker 14: We're selling used tennis courts, and we used our school principles, home address and her actual real phone number. Did you ever get busted?
Speaker 2: No, she never figured out who it was. I never thought my apologies to doctor Anderson.
Speaker 19: I never would have thought to put a that's so funny you said that. If I thought about that when I was a teenager or in middle school particularly, I would have definitely put all kinds of ads in the paper.
Speaker 2: I just never even thought about it.
Speaker 19: In fact, I probably go to the personals and pick out a teacher that, let's just say, maybe I didn't get along with, and put in a personal like, you know, looking for a looking for something, an older woman, or however you.
Speaker 2: Wanted to phrase it. That was ingenius, man.
Speaker 19: I don't know about the tennis court part. That's just out there.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm not sure who came up with that idea, but it was eight dollars really well invested.
Speaker 19: Oh my god, it's it's well invested as of EVA. Now, all right, Steve, Steve and Jay hold tight. We'll be right back after this. Steve's got a comment on that extended warranty issue.
Speaker 2: Steve, what's your comment.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm thinking that if that was going to be voided because of the rights share, he should get it all back.
Speaker 7: Because he wouldn't have been able to use it at all.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but that doesn't I mean, that part simply doesn't matter. It's going to be pro rated from the time you asked for a cancelation and that's just going to be part of the contract. And you know, it's not really their fault that he was doing right share. In the agreement, I'm sure it says no commercial vehicles now in a common sense, man, I agree with you one hundred percent what he bought, but we got to take this into consideration. I don't know if he was doing ride share from day one. He might have just started doing ride share, but if he did do it from day one, you know, I do agree with you there was no use for that warranty, but that's just simply not how the cancelation works, you follow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then I was also thinking maybe he could go claim that sticker was in the car when he bought it and he never used it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was kind of thinking that too.
Speaker 19: People out there that have an extended warranty if you got an uber or lyft, one of the Neon signs or a bumper sticker or the windshield sticker. My god, remember this please. If anything, this will help you. If you're going to make a claim, don't talk uber, don't talk Flyft. Get the stickers, the signs and everything else out of there. I mean, really, it's nuts. That's the way to do that. Thank you for that. Steve three oh three, seven one, three eight, two five five.
Speaker 2: I am going to go to Steve maw jay. Keep holding on.
Speaker 19: By the way, we have two lines open three oh three Martino three oh three, seven to one, three eight two, five to five, rock and roll beer. What is going on this weekend? And for people out there, I want to tell you why we have Steve on him promote his brewery. One, he's a local guy that just opened a kick ass brewery. Two he actually does our theme song. When you hear this show start every hour, that is Steve. He does a guitar, he does the lyrics. That is the theme song. He also does theme songs for all kinds of businesses like the tree Farm. I think that's probably his most famous in this area. But we love promoting Steve and what he does. And Suzanne and I have been out to Rock and Roll Brewery for the first time a few weeks back, or maybe it's been a month it has been.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 19: It is the coolest, quaintest little place you have to generally register. And what I mean by that is, unlike other breweries, he's only allowed what is it, Steve, twenty five people on SAD.
Speaker 2: That's That's what the deal is, right.
Speaker 16: That's twenty five on any given Saturday. From I think I'm made through October and then we have one special event that we can do for seventy five.
Speaker 7: Capacity at one time.
Speaker 16: Now that's second and I'm Mark, are you going to be there?
Speaker 2: I think I am going to be there.
Speaker 19: I'm still looking at that as of right now, I can say I'm going to be there. There's something that could happen to where I wouldn't be there, but I'd give it a good eighty ninety percent chance. Suzanne and I are going to be at that big deal.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: I love it. In fact, I think is.
Speaker 7: A sign up for that up a little bit about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, man.
Speaker 16: Okay, Well, first of all, it's called Brewfest twenty twenty five, and that's rock and rollbery forty years of brewing bears.
Speaker 19: Your phone keeps teetering, Steve, your phone keeps teetering in and out.
Speaker 16: Man, Okay, let me up better?
Speaker 19: Moving around here, yeah, get get somewhere better. But it's basically he's been brewing. Go ahead, no hold on, Kelly, just I'll go to another call. Get him re lined up. It's not worth talking about if we can hear it. Hey, Mason, what's going on with you?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 22: So we've had an issue recently. I had an employee who was working for me as just a team member for about a year. I recommended her for a promotion, and they made me run a background check, obviously, and the background check came back and they made me terminate her from even her nonsensitive position. So I was just curious if there was something maybe that we can.
Speaker 7: Do for her.
Speaker 19: Wow, that's interesting as hell. Let me ask what was on the background check.
Speaker 22: So she had quite an extensive record. The biggest one that the company had an issue with was attempted robbery, which obviously makes sense.
Speaker 19: Does she deal with cash? I mean, what does she do? You don't have to say what company, but give me an idea of her job.
Speaker 22: She doesn't. She's been handling cash for me for about a year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when I originally.
Speaker 22: Hired her, we knew that she had a background because I hired her out of.
Speaker 7: The halfway house and you know.
Speaker 22: She got out of the halfway house working with me in this dismith and it's just been a weird situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So here's the deal.
Speaker 19: Man, Like almost every state where in at will state, they can definitely fire you for that anytime they want. How they can fire you at any reason for any time. If I were you, what I would do if you really do trust her, Because here's the deal. If something did happen and you follow my instructions and you end up keeping her, and I'm not saying that would happen, but it would be a possibility. Just remember, I don't know where you are with this company or if you're in love with it you want to be there forever. But if something ever did happen and you're putting your neck out there, just watch it. I mean, I don't know this person from Adam, but you might want to reach out to HR and talk to HR about it and say, look, I've been her supervisor, her man manager, whatever that looks like, for over a year. We watch her left and right. She's doing great. There's never been any issues. She's turned her life around, and you kind of seek out the compassion and whoever you need to in HR, and that would be one way to handle it. But you better watch it.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 19: Is this a real big company or are you dealing with a huge company.
Speaker 22: I mean, it's somewhere in the middle. We did already reach out to HR and kind of fight that battle already, and HR was the one who provided the directive for me to terminate her from the system.
Speaker 19: Do you guys have Do you guys have, for example, district managers?
Speaker 22: Yeah, absolutely so I.
Speaker 19: Would reach out to the district manager. And a lot of organizations that are say big retail, big restaurant, stuff like that, the district manager most likely has the ability to overturn HR if they want to. The problem with that kind of policy, and let me tell you, I think it's a very good policy, to be honest, But the reason most of them don't want to is exactly what I told you. They're putting their neck on the line. So you might talk to your DM.
Speaker 22: Okay, one last thing I'm going to let you go. I want to know because we don't have any written policy stating that they have to be terminated in the instance of that, but HR directed that would we have some kind of case for a wrongful termination or something like that.
Speaker 2: No, it's that No.
Speaker 19: No, a wrongful termination, especially in the state of Colorado, would be firing somebody because they're a woman, or firing someone because they're black, or firing someone because they're Jewish. I mean, those are things that you simply can't do. But you can pretty much fire with the exception of protections, you can pretty much fire anybody for anything. Now I understand the size of the company. I mean, I'm guessing it's like, well, I'm not even going to guess, but anyhow, what I would say is no.
Speaker 2: To answer your question, it's not wrongful termination.
Speaker 19: A background check was pulled, Someone's like, why the hell is this person working for us?
Speaker 2: And you know it is what it is.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 19: I mean, she should be able to get unemployment and find another job, although with their background that's probably not going to be super easy. You can also feel free because I'm not giving you legal advice I'm giving you common sense from doing this for so many years. What you should You can reach out and talk to an unemployment attorney and most of them are going to tell you pretty straightforward, probably exactly what I am. But from the legal sense, if there's any chance of her going after the company, but I just don't see it, man, Okay, why are you so tied to it? I mean, I'm just curious, now, why are you so tied after you actually, well, I don't know if you are privy to it, but anybody can pull a background through Colorado courts. But let's say it is really bad, multiple things over lots and lots of years, and she may be didn't disclose that stuff. You know, a lot of bigger companies are medium sized companies or even small companies. Say hey, have you ever been convicted of a crime or have you ever been accused of a crime? And you got to list everything out, and if you list and if you forget to list something right, there could be grounds. But once again, that doesn't even matter because you can still fire anybody for virtually anything reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 19: Man, I'm glad you're trying to stick up for it. You just created a relationship with her.
Speaker 22: Yeah, and that's you know, I've seen her turn her life around. Like I said, when when she started, she was in the halfway house, and it's just I'm investment in it and now trying to find her a job and just see if there's anything we can do for you.
Speaker 19: What I would really do and if you haven't, if you haven't done it, I would reach out to whoever the district manager is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's by email.
Speaker 19: I don't know what that looks like in your life, but I would reach out to the district manager.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 19: Once again, just be careful dipping your head into this stuff. But I personally appreciate you fighting for it's evident you think she's good. All right, kay or I'm sorry, Jay and Kevin.
Speaker 2: You guys hold tight the three zero three Martino.
Speaker 19: Hey, Kelly, tell Jay we're gonna line him up tomorrow when Tom's back. And then Tom also knows a mineral rights attorney as well. I don't know if he can line him up, but let's free that line open. Meantime, Kevin's got a comment on Excel. What's your comment, Kevin Well?
Speaker 7: The comment isn't so much on Excel. It's on the troubleshooter team and all the people behind the scenes and the Angels that are out there.
Speaker 19: Oh you mean excel Our connection with Excel Energy, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: What was the problem? What was the issue?
Speaker 7: Well, about six months ago I called him because my gas meter was built it at like a forty five degree angle and I was afraid it was going to be leaking or you know, come to something even worse, because it just kept sinking and kind of like unscrewing itself basically. So anyways, about six I think I remember this.
Speaker 2: It was literally crooked, like half of it was sinking. Yes, sir, Yeah, and you tried.
Speaker 19: To get you tried to get Excel out there to fix it a million and a half times.
Speaker 7: Well, I would say at two different times. Yes, don't I apologize for the noise it's raining.
Speaker 19: Like a yeah, no, it looks like it looks like it sounds like it. So we got involved and we reached out. How long did it take for Excel to get out there and fix a meter?
Speaker 7: Well, the last message I got was from Sues yesterday, and I got up today and there was an Excel Energy guy parked in front of my house.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 7: I didn't know he was out there. I was in my office working. So then I finally saw him one of my cameras. So I went and confronted him and said, are you here for me? And he goes yes, and I go, that's awesome, and he goes he tells me. He says, I'm already done.
Speaker 2: Awesome and yeah.
Speaker 7: And the gentleman's name was Josh And basically what he did was he replaced the entire beater and all the piping and everything. I'll send a picture, nice man, I get home tonight.
Speaker 2: That check line, we'll chalk that up.
Speaker 19: So up till you we had three hundred and forty eight million, six hundred and forty seven thousand, eight hundred and twelve dollars and seventeen cents. I'm going to go ahead and throw on a thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: How's that.
Speaker 7: I would not disagree with that at all.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 19: Hey, Kevin, I appreciate the follow up. A lot of times we help people out and we never hear back from him. One of the biggest ones, and it really irritated me. And I always digress, But then I don't digress. But this guy bought a mini house one hundred thousand bucks the company. He basically dropped it off on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere and he had no way of moving it.
Speaker 2: And we got him a full refund.
Speaker 19: And that SOB would not come on and talk about it because he signed, of course, a uh basically a waiver. He signed a unconditional uh go ahead non disclosure. But it still pissed me off because we got him one hundred grand I said, why didn't you call up and leave a message before you signed it? Then we could have played the message because I'd owned the message. There's a million ways we could have worked this output. I do appreciate that. Kevin, what's going on with you? Or I'm sorry Mary, you're first? What's going on with this car?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 15: Hi, Yes, it's uh, there's so many things that's been hard to even.
Speaker 19: Well, let's start with who. Let's start with the company. What what are you having a problem with? A car dealership or a car repair shop?
Speaker 15: So, yes, it's a car repair shop in Littleton, Colorado.
Speaker 2: What's the.
Speaker 15: Tailor car care?
Speaker 2: Okay, so when did they work on your car?
Speaker 15: Well, it originally was towed to them in August of last year, after installed on the side of the road. I'm single mom with four kids, and my job was doing Uber deliveries. Just during a delivery.
Speaker 19: So installed on the side of the roads, you bring it over to Taylor Car Care and what did they sell you?
Speaker 15: Well, first, I had a friend that put in a new couple of new sensors, like I can run my own scams and somewhat familiar my car and everything. But yeah, I had it towed to them, and initially they told me that it needed just a timing belt replacement.
Speaker 19: Well that's weird it needed did it still start up and run? What were the symptoms? Again, it wasn't starting, okay, it simply wouldn't start okay. So they got over there, said the timing belt broke. So they wanted to sell you a kid.
Speaker 15: That's what they said.
Speaker 2: Yes, did you buy it?
Speaker 15: Well, what ended up happening was he took about another week and a half to get back to me and tell me that it actually needed an entirely new engine and all of the wiring redion.
Speaker 19: Okay, so I don't know what that means. The wiring, what does that mean?
Speaker 15: Yeah, it had some aftermarket wiring from previou gonor like just for they were going to put in a whole new wiring.
Speaker 19: Let me say something real quick here, Mary. So number one, if the timing belt breaks on that, that's an interference engine. So if unless if it breaks it like the perfect time ever, you are going to end up needing an upper half of that engine. So let's just talk about that, not the rewiring. Did you buy an engine?
Speaker 15: I did, okay, because I had lost my job, you know, because I was doing Uber deliveries. It took me four months too. I had a I did like a gofund me and I had So.
Speaker 2: What happened from there?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: They installed the engine and then what Yeah?
Speaker 15: So I finally got it back in late December, and it was when I got in and started driving, it was still saying that the oil pressure was low. They told me, just disregard that.
Speaker 2: You're saying that's part of the wiring issue.
Speaker 15: They weren't really giving me any answers. Communication was one of the biggest problems I had with them.
Speaker 19: Okay, so where does it stand now? Does the cars still drive but the oil pressure light's coming on?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 15: It started having so many problems immediately like that was my initial problem.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 15: I reached out to them because that was happening, and his response.
Speaker 7: Was it runs and drives right and one.
Speaker 15: Like different employees were giving me different information. Some of them would say, don't tell the owner.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but I'm trying to get to where we're at right now. So where are we at right now? What are they saying is wrong with it?
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's been kind of a long journey, because.
Speaker 19: I get that this is this is a long journey too, So what's going on? Like, no, you don't have to apologize. I get it, you're very frustrated. I understand where you're coming from. But what I want to know is, right now are they refusing to fix something? Are they saying it has nothing to do with the engine? What are they saying?
Speaker 15: Well, I finally was able to afford a diagnostic at Audia of Denver, and I want to give them a shout out because they've been like super amazing. And what did they say, Oh, well, there's a bunch of broken parts on this alleged replacement engine.
Speaker 2: Like what give me a big one he's got?
Speaker 15: Well, he's email me, emailing me like a full list, But did he.
Speaker 2: Email it yet? And Drive did he email it yet?
Speaker 10: I could look Let's see this.
Speaker 19: Hold on, Hold on, hold on, Kelly, I want that email. I want to see what the dealership said was wrong with that.
Speaker 2: Mary.
Speaker 19: I want a little more time to deal with it. Plus I want to see and I'm glad you brought it somewhere else to get an opinion of what's actually going on.
Speaker 2: I look forward to getting that email today. Kelly.
Speaker 19: Make sure I get a copy of that, and I'll look at it when I'm home tonight, and then let's get Mary right back on tomorrow. Everybody, hold tight. Don't forget three ho three Martino. That number works on and off the air. Steve Moss Rock and Roll Brewery. We got a huge weekend coming up.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 19: Once a year they let you have a big shin dig out at the brewery. What day is it this year?
Speaker 4: This year?
Speaker 7: Well, it was our first year. Is August second, that's a Saturday. It'll be two o'clock to ten at night.
Speaker 8: Nice.
Speaker 7: You know if you book an advance at all, If you book an advance, you're going to get a seven piece Famous Days brisket meal. I mean it has a lot of stuff. Uh. If you come to data event, you know you won't get that.
Speaker 10: Also, you gotter look online, look.
Speaker 7: At online at rock and Roll dot Beer. That's rock and Roll dot Beer with a letter N or A and and you you'll see the event's shirts. There's two different styles to choose from, and you can buy one if you like them. Both ante get you get together.
Speaker 19: One you get to catered meal. You get to pick from a shirt. And I've seen your shirts. We're not talking a cheap eight dollars T shirt. These are nice freaking shirts. And you can see an example of them or what they're going to look like at rock and Roll Dot Beer. But you're also going to have live music.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, you have a kind of a small thing.
Speaker 7: We don't want to get too loud. But guess what I'm gonna do, especially if you come. I'm gonna take one of my Marshall stacks. You know I used to tour and big coliseums. You're not gonna hear hairband days. I'm gonna take those big Marshall stacks. I'm gonna bring them out by the brewery, by the Harley. You saw the Harley there. I'm gonna crank with the entertainment that I've hired. I'm gonna crank with them and do some blues and I'm gonna, you know, I'm gonna have some fun.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do the tree Farm jingle, though.
Speaker 7: I will do the tree Farm as a matter of fact. We're gonna do contests giving things away from people singing. And we're gonna do air guitar contest and give a free guitar away. That's the ground price. This is gonna be real.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wait, what do you mean like a guitar or a blow up guitar.
Speaker 7: No, no, we're giving up a guitar like a strata cancer. Oh my god, oh me, I'm not cheap.
Speaker 19: And then you said, also you were thinking to do in another tournament with the what do you call that where you throw the things in the hole.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's gonna be off the four Cornhead brew Fast Tournament.
Speaker 8: If you do.
Speaker 7: I did all this stuff online and it's good.
Speaker 19: My god, Steve your once again you're cutting in and out. I'm gonna finish up for you. Here's the deal, and we're going to be talking more about it. But if you go to Rockinroll Dot Beer, Suzanne and I most likely are gonna be out there, but there's only seventy five people.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 19: He's got seventeen different kinds of beer and this thing is going to include lunch or dinner, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 4: Follow Tom Martino at Real Tom Martino and.
Speaker 5: Stay connected with all of us at six thirty k kayhow dot com.
Speaker 4: And on the iHeartRadio app. This is Denver's thump station, six thirty k howse